PDA

View Full Version : should they make ghostbusters figures?

crazydave75
09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
i was wonderin does anyone think theyll make ghostbusters figures not the cartoon ones but movie ones cos i think their long overdue anyone agree?:yes:

El Chuxter
09-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I believe NECA made some about three years ago. They weren't super easy to find, though.

JediTricks
09-09-2008, 08:51 PM
They didn't make any of the main characters though, due to rights issues. They should absolutely make figures of the actual team, and they need to be articulated, not NECA statues.

Rocketboy
09-09-2008, 10:30 PM
With all the hype around the Ghostbusters game and all the talk of the Ghostbusters 3 over the last few days, I'd say yeah, they'll probably get around to some within the next few years.

DarkArtist
09-09-2008, 11:02 PM
oh i so want Ghostbusters figures but i want them in the same scale as the current Star Wars / G I Joe / Indiana Jones lines. I would kill to have a complete set of the Ghostbusters along with a scaled Ecto 1 and Ecto 1A as well as a firehouse playset.

I being totally serious by the way. please please please give us the Ghostbusters.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-09-2008, 11:11 PM
I think NECA hinted at making the Ghostbusters now that the rights issues seem to be dwindling as Murray did the voice/likeness for the game.

We'll see though. I'd love some as NECA did a great job with the first wave, aside from the odd face on Staypuft.

Qui-Long Gone
09-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Answer: Yes they should.....

I thought they did though, long ago? Didn't the cartoon have figures?

I'd like to see them done the way this did the large Monty Python Holy Grail figures you could buy at Suncoast stores back about 6 years ago....

Phantom-like Menace
09-10-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm all for 3 3/4" Ghostbusters, and Ecto-1 at that scale would be sweet. I could maybe go for Ghostbusters at 6", but it's not as likely that I would. I really wouldn't do any other scale.

TheRealDubya
09-10-2008, 03:26 PM
I'd be down for some 3 3/4" sized figures from Hasbro. I'm not into the larger, statue type figures, although they usually look great.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-10-2008, 03:45 PM
I'd be down for some 3 3/4" sized figures from Hasbro. I'm not into the larger, statue type figures, although they usually look great.

oh no, hasbro would make them with poor paint apps and bad sculpts.

Frankly, i'm still keen on NECA doing the line as i'm not going to play with them, they'll proudly be displayed on my bookcase.

For those would do open/play, i'd suggest maybe Mattel, possibly in the same size scale as the DCU as that also would be fantastic.

crazydave75
09-10-2008, 03:51 PM
it doesnt matter who makes them as long as theyre super articulated hasbro would probably disappoint but then again they do surprise us from time to time:yes:

El Chuxter
09-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Hasbro is doing a much better job on the GIJoe figures than the SW lately. Of course, it could be that they have to cut costs on SW to factor in licensing fees and keep them at the same price. Which would probably screw up Ghostbusters figures. So forget I said it.

Droid
09-10-2008, 04:37 PM
If they were scaled like Star Wars, I would buy Peter, Ray, Egon, and Winston in their jumpsuits. Proton packs without attached beams. A trap that opens and closes. A properly scaled first Ghostbusters movie Slimer. A PKE meter.

I still have the Real Ghostbusters cartoon Stay Puft figure. I sold the animated figures years ago.

I don't think I'd be interested in Gozer, the Dogs, Dana, Louis, Peck, the Key Master, the Gate Keeper, Janine, or the Ghostbusters in plain clothes. I wouldn't buy the Eco-Mobile or a firehouse. I might change my mind about the plain clothes if they sold the librarian ghost.

I'd pass on anything Ghostbusters II.

jedi master sal
09-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Nah, Ghostbusters is fine and all, but the time for toys has long since passed. Maybe small busts like the GG mini busts. But nothing really more beyond that. I don't think there is a large enough fanbase to support a full on toyline of figures.

I wouldn't buy any.

crazydave75
09-10-2008, 06:24 PM
u'd be surprised theres a lot of nostalgia for the 80's ghostbusters was big in its time im sure a lot of people would buy the stuff :yes:

LTBasker
09-10-2008, 10:09 PM
I'd like to see DST tackle them, or at least the team that is handling the Atlantis and BSG lines, those are very nicely done. The best part would be that they wouldn't be statues as NECA would make.

jedi master sal
09-11-2008, 08:42 AM
u'd be surprised theres a lot of nostalgia for the 80's ghostbusters was big in its time im sure a lot of people would buy the stuff :yes:

No I wouldn't. True there are fans. But not every fan is going to buy toys. Not every fan that buys toys is going to buy each and every one of them either. Were this line to ever see production, is should be limited. Limited in the amount of characters as well as limited in the quantity of figures produced for those characters. Really, beyond the main Ghostbusters themselves and maybe a handful of peripheal characters, I don't see the need for much else.

So that's one maybe two waves of figures if they stretch it out. Not really worth the time/effort. Especially if the manufacturer needs to play a wait and see stance on these to see if the first figures sell well. If they do sell well, then fans will complain about the long wait between waves of new figures. If these don't sell well, then the manufacturer will undoubtedly lose money or just stop at the current production, never fulfilling the fans desire to have all of the characters from the films they want.

So given that, I just don't think these should see the light of day to begin with. At least not as action figures. Like I mentioned, the smaller mini-busts such as the GG line. Those already have a built in limited run and are designed by nature to be for the more "hardcore" fan of specific genres/movies like this.

LTBasker
09-11-2008, 02:54 PM
On the uber-hypothetical chance that a company got the GB license, especially if it were DST, and could make anything they wanted from it, here's how I'd like to see it done:

SERIES 1:
Dr. Peter Venkman [SLIMED] with proton pack, trap, proton stream, sample cup with ectoplasm, and Gozer BAF Head & Hands w/ Sparks
Dr. Raymond Stantz with proton pack, trap, proton stream, goggles, and Gozer BAF Torso/Waist
Dr. Egon Spengler with proton pack, trap, proton stream, PKE meters x2, and Gozer BAF Arms with Plain Hands
Winston Zeddmore with proton pack, trap, proton stream, smoking trap, and Gozer BAF Legs

SERIES 2:
Louis Tully [GHOSTBUSTER] with proton pack, trap, proton stream, Slimer, and Vigo BAF Legs
Winston Zeddmore with Slime pack, NES Control Pad, Slime stream, and Vigo BAF Torso/Waist
Dr. Raymond Stantz with Slime pack, Slime stream, Vigo-mutated head, and Vigo BAF Arms
Dr. Peter Venkman [NORMAL] with proton pack, proton stream, Baby Oscar, and Vigo BAF Head

[-if sales are good enough to continue-]

SERIES 3:
Dr. Peter Venkman [DARK UNIFORM] with proton pack, trap, proton stream, sample cup with ectoplasm, and Containment Unit Section
Dr. Raymond Stantz [DARK UNIFORM] with proton pack, trap, proton stream, goggles, and Containment Unit Section
Gozer Terror Dog with Containment Unit Section
Walter Peck with Containment Unit Section

SERIES 4:
Dr. Egon Spengler [DARK UNIFORM] with proton pack, trap, proton stream, PKE meters x2, and Containment Unit Section
Winston Zeddmore [DARK UNIFORM] with proton pack, trap, proton stream, smoking trap, and Containment Unit Section
Louis Tully [NORMAL] or Dana Barrett with Containment Unit Section
Janine Melnitz with Containment Unit Section

JediTricks
09-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Hasbro's sculpting has been good on new characters, aliens, and background characters, but hasn't brought the heat for known actors. Also, their paint for the eyes and eyebrows has gotten much bigger in the past 4 years, which is not conducive to accurate likenesses.

You know who should get it? Mezco. Their SDCC-exclusive Hellboy 2 Hellboy figure is in this scale, has great articulation, paint, and sculpting, nice accessories, and was a good price. They also have some horror figures coming out in this scale as well that also looks solid.

I'd prefer a ghost trap that was closed, and a second one open, those doors would be too small, they'd break off.

LTBasker
09-12-2008, 02:17 AM
Hmm, I didn't even think about Mezco, and their Hellboy stuff has always been awesome, even from the first wave. Plus, they could do versions in their cartoony-style, which would be interesting to see.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Hmm, I didn't even think about Mezco, and their Hellboy stuff has always been awesome, even from the first wave. Plus, they could do versions in their cartoony-style, which would be interesting to see.

No, i don't want cartoony style GB's; we had those for the cartoon in the 90's, don't need them again. If mezco could do realistic figure ala Hellboy and Hellboy II, i'd be on board.

but then again, none of this will happen. heheheheh :thumbsup:

LTBasker
09-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Actually I was thinking they could do the cartoony versions alongside realistic versions, as they've done with Hellboy. True, none of this may ever happen, but it never hurts to dream. :D

JediTricks
09-12-2008, 03:19 PM
At this scale, I think Mezco would nail it. Larger scales is where Mez gets into trouble sometimes, they can be rather hit-or-miss with human likenesses in their 6" lines. But they do articulation, which NECA is still rather dubious on. I did like NECA's Kratos figure though, good likeness and materials, articulation was fair at best and paint was a mixed bag of good and weak.

LTBasker
09-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Yeah, the articulation is definitely something they have over DST, and after these few years none of Kroenen's joints have come loose, even his mask still stays on perfectly.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Jedigreedo/MezcovsDST.jpg

And a fun pic... John wasn't happy when Kroenen decided to smile for the camera.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Jedigreedo/JohnScared.jpg

crazydave75
09-12-2008, 06:39 PM
mcfarlane have done some pretty good stuff they could do it

JediTricks
09-14-2008, 04:49 PM
McFarlane's all about overpriced sports and military figures these days. Everything at McF is about preposed statues with meaningless articulation. They were the forbearer of the current age and yet they're now the company nobody wants to work with or buy from, it seems like.

Heh heh, poor Shepard, just can't take the celebrity.

So, here's Michael Crawford's review of the Mezco figure, and looking over what he says about it, I think Mez is definitely the right company for this one: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_061108a.htm
(http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_061108a.htm) (that cracks me up because I've never been particularly impressed with Mez before this one, they've been good sometimes but always inconsistent in several areas, never blew me away before.)

Old Fossil
09-20-2008, 10:04 PM
No I wouldn't. True there are fans. But not every fan is going to buy toys. Not every fan that buys toys is going to buy each and every one of them either. Were this line to ever see production, is should be limited. Limited in the amount of characters as well as limited in the quantity of figures produced for those characters. Really, beyond the main Ghostbusters themselves and maybe a handful of peripheal characters, I don't see the need for much else.

So that's one maybe two waves of figures if they stretch it out. Not really worth the time/effort. Especially if the manufacturer needs to play a wait and see stance on these to see if the first figures sell well. If they do sell well, then fans will complain about the long wait between waves of new figures. If these don't sell well, then the manufacturer will undoubtedly lose money or just stop at the current production, never fulfilling the fans desire to have all of the characters from the films they want.

So given that, I just don't think these should see the light of day to begin with. At least not as action figures. Like I mentioned, the smaller mini-busts such as the GG line. Those already have a built in limited run and are designed by nature to be for the more "hardcore" fan of specific genres/movies like this.

I'd have to agree with Sal. Further, I think it also comes down to the kind of movie Ghostbusters is. I know some will argue me to Tatooine and back on this, but Ghostbusters is a comedy, whereas the other successful movie figure lines are based on action films. There's not a lot of the heroics, or daredevil stunts, that one finds in, say, Indiana Jones, no cool aliens or robots or spaceships, no superheroes. It's basically some guys in secondhand jumpsuits who shoot ghosts with lasers, and have great comedic dialogue and some goofy shenanigans. That's not enough to base an action figure line on, unless it is for a very niched market, as I think some may be suggesting.

Plus, I think there's just way too damned many action figure lines going on out there right now, niche or otherwise.

DarkArtist
09-22-2008, 06:38 PM
I'd like to see perhaps a small line consisting of the 4 Ghostbusters, maybe each with a ghost (nothing corny just a small ghost like slimer or something) Ecto 1 and Ecto 1A and maybe a subline of the Ghostbosters with the darker grey uniforms as in Ghostbusters 2 with the slime tanks.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
I'd like to see perhaps a small line consisting of the 4 Ghostbusters, maybe each with a ghost (nothing corny just a small ghost like slimer or something) Ecto 1 and Ecto 1A and maybe a subline of the Ghostbosters with the darker grey uniforms as in Ghostbusters 2 with the slime tanks.

And I think that's all we would need. I think all I would want is two waves of the busters themselves, maybe in the NECA or DST style (i'd prefer NECA). The first wave done with the GB1 style clothing and outfits and wave 2 with the GB 2 suits and tanks. If those were successful, maybe like a boxset of the Scalari brothers or something like that. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Looks like master replicas is making some new GB stuff!

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/community/news/detail.php?id=166 :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
10-16-2008, 03:35 PM
interesting...very interesting. wondering if the props will be full sized as well as micro sized. would love to have a proton pack and ghost trap.

of course would also love to own a full size and driveable Ecto 1A as well

NerfTW
10-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Answer: Yes they should.....

I thought they did though, long ago? Didn't the cartoon have figures?

I'd like to see them done the way this did the large Monty Python Holy Grail figures you could buy at Suncoast stores back about 6 years ago....

Yes, there was quite the large cartoon figure line. In fact, I am very positive that near the end of the line, they came out with movie accurate versions of the characters in one wave. (The waves were like Batman utility suits. A different gimmick for each wave)

edit- Look, I found a site with all of the old toys on it! (http://www.freewebs.com/gbta/rgbtoyline.htm) Nostalgia!
And apparently I'm completely wrong, there wasn't a movie accurate line. I was remembering the Slimed heroes line because it came with proton packs.

JediTricks
10-18-2008, 05:10 PM
I can't wait to see what they come up with, but I really don't want to see a line of only high-priced merch, they need to do mini versions for the cheap collectors.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Saw this in the press release from Atari about the upcoming GHOSTBUSTERS game.

2009 also marks the 25th Anniversary of the original theatrical release of Ghostbusters. Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II combined to gross over $500 million world-wide at the box office. The film spawned some of the most memorable comedic catch-phrases and scenes in motion picture history. To recognize this special milestone, Sony Pictures Consumer Products Inc has licensed the property for several new products to commemorate the anniversary, including: video games, toys, t-shirts, comic books, prop replicas, and a theme park attraction. In addition, the original Ghostbusters car (Ecto-1) has been fully restored with plans for special promotional appearances throughout the US. And for the first time ever, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II on Blu-rayTM disc.

Maybe we'll hear something soon?

DarkArtist
11-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Saw this in the press release from Atari about the upcoming GHOSTBUSTERS game.

Maybe we'll hear something soon?

i would love to see Mezco pick up this line and make it in the same scale as their Hellboy 3 3/4 line, i think it would have a higher potential of selling and they would be able to perhaps build some small diorama bases as well as the Ecto 1.

wouldn't mind seeing them in a larger scale as well, but something about having the Ghostbusters standing alongside lines like GI Joe and Star Wars just seems really cool to me.

JediTricks
11-11-2008, 09:32 PM
i would love to see Mezco pick up this line and make it in the same scale as their Hellboy 3 3/4 line, i think it would have a higher potential of selling and they would be able to perhaps build some small diorama bases as well as the Ecto 1.

wouldn't mind seeing them in a larger scale as well, but something about having the Ghostbusters standing alongside lines like GI Joe and Star Wars just seems really cool to me.
I'll second that! Plus, it makes Ecto-1 possible.

LTBasker
02-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Welp, one of the worst companies that could possibly grab this line has indeed grabbed it; Mattel.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=14026

So, we can expect:
- AWESOME SCULPTS! (though, probably a mix of actor realism/artist interpretation for likeness)
- Uber-limited availability at uber-ridiculous prices
- Quality control issues galore
- Lack of accessories for 6" scale

Seriously, the 12" figures will probably be $50 each and sell out in hours when they debut. On the brightside, hopefully this will carry over to the Hot Wheels line and bring out a new 1:18 Ecto-1. Personally, I want a GB2 version most!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Welp, one of the worst companies that could possibly grab this line has indeed grabbed it; Mattel.

So, we can expect:
- AWESOME SCULPTS! (though, probably a mix of actor realism/artist interpretation for likeness)

Seriously, the 12" figures will probably be $50 each and sell out in hours when they debut. On the brightside, hopefully this will carry over to the Hot Wheels line and bring out a new 1:18 Ecto-1. Personally, I want a GB2 version most!

I dunno, i'm pretty excited and for these two reasons:

- “Ghostbusters” collectors can also look forward to 6-inch figures, with one debuting at San Diego Comic Con in July 2009. Sculpted by Four Horsemen Studios, the team currently working on Mattel’s popular DC Universe™ Classics and Masters of the Universe® Classics collectible lines, the 6-inch line will come complete with authentic “Ghostbusters” equipment and ghost.

and

- Mattel will also create characters and ghosts from the classic animated series, “The Real Ghostbusters,” to go along with the classic “Ghostbusters” film.

Consider me already lining up for this line. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
02-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Maybe they'll be like the new He-Man figures and be for sale at MattyCollector....Probably not as exclusives though.

Beast
02-04-2009, 11:14 AM

So, we can expect:

You said exactly what I was thinking.

DarkArtist
02-04-2009, 12:25 PM
well my hopes are mixed for this line. i would rather see a 3.75" format myself but will wait and see. looking forward to see the prototypes at NYCC.

Beast
02-04-2009, 02:06 PM
well my hopes are mixed for this line. i would rather see a 3.75" format myself but will wait and see. looking forward to see the prototypes at NYCC.
Maybe they'll announce those as well. It seems to be hip and trendy again.

LTBasker
02-06-2009, 04:59 PM
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=09_NYCC%2FMattel%2FGhostbusters%2F&dispsize=600&start=0

Everybody stand back, I just soiled myself. >_>

AMAZING likeness to Ackroyd and Ramis, and the 12" is quite awesome with the cloth uniform. Still... I can't help but feel these are going to be a headache to get.

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm not feeling those sculpts, they seem like cartoony representations, like Mezco's Goonies line to a lesser extreme. The accessories are very good though, but the pricepoint for web exclusives means I probably will avoid this like the plague. I know those sculpts are 1-ups, but still, that should come through in photography. And man, it's like Mattel's getting WORSE at articulation sculpting.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-06-2009, 06:32 PM
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=09_NYCC%2FMattel%2FGhostbusters%2F&dispsize=600&start=0

Everybody stand back, I just soiled myself. >_>

AMAZING likeness to Ackroyd and Ramis, and the 12" is quite awesome with the cloth uniform. Still... I can't help but feel these are going to be a headache to get.

Dude, you and me both. Those look FANTASTIC. Seriously. Nearly right dead on and I don't see how anybody could think otherwise.

I am a tad worried about the online only, but i'm sure other online sites are going to have them available. I plan to pre-order these as SOON as they go up.

Jesus. I need to bust out the flicks now.

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Wow, I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing in these to flip out so much.

LTBasker
02-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Really? Pretty surprising... I know there are a couple things that could be nitpicked about, but overall I think they're pretty spectacular. Or, maybe I'm just a sucker for a figure in uniform. :p

Beast
02-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Wow, I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing in these to flip out so much.
I don't think they're bad. But yeah, I don't get the geeking out either.

Plus the fact they're online exclusives. Pretty much sour me on it.

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 08:48 PM
If we were talking about the bodies and accessories, I'd be totally there, those look great, they really do. But the likenesses, they're somewhat abstract IMO, and while I could understand seeing something in them, you guys are talking like they're way above that.

LTBasker
02-06-2009, 08:57 PM
My hype is not originating specifically from the head or body as individual parts, but rather to the figure as a whole. If only the heads were decent while the bodies sucked (or vice versa) I would be highly disappointed. The likenesses are slightly stylized, I admit, but it's far closer than I was expecting them to come even from the Horsemen.

DarkArtist
02-06-2009, 09:06 PM
I got to see these up close today at NYCC but they were not allowing pics of the prototypes. i talked with the product designer for Mattel who said that for now only the 6" and 12" scale are being sold and only through MattyCollector.com. i asked about a smaller scale 3.75 and he said it is an option they would like to do at some time in the future but want to see what the fans think of the 6 and 12" before designing a 3.75" line. although he did mention that if they did make a 3.75" line he would definately make a push for Ecto 1 and perhaps a Firehouse playset.

both versions of the movie and cartoon will be getting a 6" treatment. Mattel is still waiting on sculpting approval from Bill Murry and they just got Ernie Hudson's approval yesterday so they are working on a prototype for a possible hopeful showing at Toy Fair next week.

also Diamond Select is going to be making a Mini Mates of the Ghostbusters as well.

El Chuxter
02-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Even I think they look pretty amazing. Especially Slimer, even though he's not too hard to get right. Mind you, I don't want to collect them, but they're awesome-looking.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-08-2009, 09:48 AM
More news coming in regarding the figures. Check out the picture from the presentation.

I don't like the idea of a new Ghostbuster every other month, but it does help the wallet a bit. But I LOVE the idea that each figure will come with a ghost. so, you have a figure, lots of accessories and a ghost. The price tag on these puppies is looking much more doable. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2009, 09:12 AM
A fellow geek who was at the con said the figures are more inscale with the DCU figures with their height and bulkiness. This is pretty good news to me. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Batman, meet the Ghostbusters. :p

Every other month, that's quite a stretch, they better commit to all 4 ghostbusters, none of this "well, we did 2, and then there wasn't enough interest so we halted" crap that comes up with this sort of program too often.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-15-2009, 06:08 PM
New info from the latest issue of Toyfare (I copied this from Proton Charging):

Mattel has the rights to the classic movies, the cartoons, the video game, and provided it goes into production in the next couple of years, a third movie.

- Mattel has likeness OKs for Ayrkoyd, Ramis, and Hudson, with several sculpts ready and waiting for Bill Murray’s final sign off.

- Mattel is hoping to get the likeness OKs from other primary actors, such as William Atherton, Rick Moranis, Sigourney Weaver, Annie Potts, and even David Marguiles (Mayor Lenny.)

- Mattel plans to produce cartoon figures as well as the classic films. If a third movie is made, they intend to produce age targeted brands - high detail for the adult collectors and cutesy, Super Hero Squad-esque figures for kids.

- Figures will be packed with a ghost, with Slimer, the Librarian, and Taxi Driver ghosts currently in mind. Plans are in the works for Gozer, the Terror Dogs, and Stay-Puft, but are leaving them until much later due to NECA’s “Excellent” line of figures.

There’s also a call-out section on the MiniMate Ghostbusters, which suggest a good possibility of an exclusive Slimer at some future point.

There are also some sweet pictures of the figures, including an illustration of the never-before used shoulder joint the 12 inch figures will be using (trust me, that kind of thing is important to figure collectors.) Thanks to Randy and Jack for the heads-up!

I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see more of the secondary figures like Dana, Louis, and so forth. That would be AWESOME. :thumbsup:

Beast
03-15-2009, 06:48 PM
"Mattel has likeness OKs for Ayrkoyd, Ramis, and Hudson, with several sculpts ready and waiting for Bill Murray’s final sign off."

So Murray is gonna be the big problem again. And end up killing the line.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-15-2009, 08:45 PM
I think you're being a negative nancy here, Binksy. He's already lined up for the figure, he just has to approve his likeness.

Beast
03-15-2009, 10:50 PM
I think you're being a negative nancy here, Binksy. He's already lined up for the figure, he just has to approve his likeness.
After the last time, I'm just cautiously optimistic.

JediTricks
03-16-2009, 04:02 PM
What's the deal with the new shoulder joint?

Since this line is being produced 1 at a time as an online exclusive, they could end up releasing the other 3 Ghostbusters without releasing Venkman at all. It'd be disappointing, but you'd still have a line.

DarkArtist
03-17-2009, 12:08 PM
i'd rather see the line as a 3.75 with a possible Ecto 1 and firehouse set but I'll take the 6" line for line. gonna pass on the 12" line can't afford to drop the $240 for an entire set.

JediTricks
03-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah, 3.75" would be primo!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-03-2009, 01:59 PM
i'd rather see the line as a 3.75 with a possible Ecto 1 and firehouse set but I'll take the 6" line for line. gonna pass on the 12" line can't afford to drop the $240 for an entire set.

I will say that if it was done properly, a 3.75 line would be great. It would be cheaper and you could do more accessories. What size were the original figures? I don't remember exactly.

There are pics of the SDCC exclusive slimed Egon with slimer.

I'll start begging for somebody to get pick one up for me.........now. :crazed:

and the RGB complete series set dropped down to 144 (from 180) on timelife's website; deal ends 4/30. Soooooooooooooo tempting. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
04-03-2009, 03:18 PM
You should get the set....got mine when it first came out for around $120.....such a beautiful set with Steelbooks too :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-03-2009, 05:01 PM
You should get the set....got mine when it first came out for around $120.....such a beautiful set with Steelbooks too :)

Or i could just send you a stackload of DVR's and you could burn them for me?!??! eh eh eh ole' buddy! :lipsrsealed:

No way I could afford it at 140 OR 120. I need to manage my $$.

DarkArtist
04-04-2009, 04:48 PM
I will say that if it was done properly, a 3.75 line would be great. It would be cheaper and you could do more accessories. What size were the original figures? I don't remember exactly.

There are pics of the SDCC exclusive slimed Egon with slimer.

I'll start begging for somebody to get pick one up for me.........now. :crazed:

and the RGB complete series set dropped down to 144 (from 180) on timelife's website; deal ends 4/30. Soooooooooooooo tempting. :thumbsup:

i like the Egon figure i wonder if Mattycollector.com will have it on the website for order for those of us who can't attend SDCC...

was thinking of getting the RGB set when it first came out but haven't had the funds to pull it off. hopefully soon though.

JediTricks
04-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Dang, I'm still not quite feeling the headsculpts, even on Slimer there. It's something cartoony about the eyes and noses.

DarkArtist
06-18-2009, 03:34 PM
does anyone know when mattycollector.com is going to start selling the ghostbusters figures. i remember them saying the launch was around Fathers Day for to be in line with the video game release but still no mention on the website

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-18-2009, 04:23 PM
does anyone know when mattycollector.com is going to start selling the ghostbusters figures. i remember them saying the launch was around Fathers Day for to be in line with the video game release but still no mention on the website

I thought it was Fall, though where I got that from, I don't remember. lol

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-29-2009, 06:34 PM
First figure available August 3rd at Noon. Looks like it could be Egon?

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.2009_SDCC_Ghostbusters

No word on price or anything like that. I should probably request that day off of work. :crazed:

EDIT: I browsed the site and it looks like it'll be the SDCC Egon. At least they're trying to get it to those that can't make it to the con. I like that.

LTBasker
06-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Slimer is really enjoying that display base, isn't he.

LTBasker
07-07-2009, 01:37 PM
They posted a packaged pic on TNI: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=14681

And... I have to say that's really uninspired. I like the graphics, but that's about it. The top of the shell/bubble thing seems more complex than it needs to be (I'd rather see a cardback or clamshell packaging, personally) and the figures just look lazily placed in there. At the very least, they should have hidden Slimer's display base and just had him appear to be floating next to Egon. The easily visible base ruins any potential illusion.

I think if they were statues that took up most of the inner core of the packaging then it'd be far more interesting, but for neutral stanced action figures... It just doesn't mesh well. Plus, all of that empty space doesn't really make the price feel worth it. For $20, I want to see the figure, the ghost figure, and a ton of accessories filling the packaging to the brim, not two figures dwarfed by it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-07-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure what to make of it as I can't really see much of it cos of that angle; maybe they'll post a better shot so I can get a good look at it.

Ji'dai
07-07-2009, 11:24 PM
I toss most of the packaging anyway, at least the plastic stuff, so it doesn't really matter what it looks like to me. Finally going to have some Ghostbusters to go with my NECA Vinz Clortho, Zuul, Gozer, Slimer, and 15" Mr. Stay Puft from '04!

Ji'dai
07-17-2009, 03:59 PM
I saw the Ghostbusters Minimates at TRU this morning. The 2-packs have figures from both movies mixed together, so I passed. If they were just from the first movie, I'd probably have gotten them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-23-2009, 10:02 AM
VERY positive review over at fwoosh!

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/07/first-look-ghostbusters-sdcc-exclusive-slimed-egon-spengler

I'm so excited!!!! :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-24-2009, 04:01 PM
More info!

Ghostbusters

There will be a new figure every other month or so. Egon is up first, available on Matty in August.

In October is Ray, with the logo cost with slash circle.

In December, with ghost trap, is Winston Zedmore.

In March, 2010, Walter Peck, in a crispy update suit. He comes with ghost containment unit.

In May - Bill Murray! Peter Venkman! The final version of the figure will be wearing gloves and have pants over the boots.

In addition to the planned 6 inch line above, there will be a 12 inch Movie Masters line on Matty. Egon available later this year. Ray around the new year. Venkman will be available in April. In July is Winston.

If you want two of each figure, you will need two subscriptions and have to get the bonus figures seperately. The subscription items will ship together, saving on subscription costs.

I'm kinda confused on this "subscription" BS, but I cut n' paste the info from a larger blog about the day. Maybe the subscription deals with the Club Eternia subscription? We'll see.

Ji'dai
07-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Any news on the 6" price point? I was wondering what kind of order limit would be in place. I'd like to have two of each but I don't want to pay for two "subscriptions" or whatever it is.

Come to think of it, I don't want to pay for one "subscription." Mattel can keep their exclusive toys if they want to charge a cover for the privilege of buying their stuff.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Any news on the 6" price point? I was wondering what kind of order limit would be in place. I'd like to have two of each but I don't want to pay for two "subscriptions" or whatever it is.

Come to think of it, I don't want to pay for one "subscription." Mattel can keep their exclusive toys if they want to charge a cover for the privilege of buying their stuff.

I really think that's referring to the Club Eternia for MOTU. They have a bunch of Fan Club Exclusives. The blog i'm reading over at TNI isn't in any order, just as it was happening. I really don't think they're gonna charge a fan club price for the GB figures. From looking at their slide show pics, it looks to be just for MOTU.

More blurbs/pics/slide show links:

Slide show really begins: http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FMattel%2FMattel_P anel%2F&pic=IMG_9504.jpg&dispsize=800&start=20

VENKMAN!! (keep going with the pics to see more. the sculpt looks pretty solid!!!!) http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FMattel%2FMattel_P anel%2F&pic=IMG_9510.jpg&dispsize=800&start=40

Mattel is considering an Ecto-1, though it will be hard to price out. Mattel is working on a feasible, large scale Stuff Puff figure.

Mattel may do Ghostbusters in a different scale that would let them do playsets. That may be more likely if the new film comes together.

Mattel is working on a redo of the Real Ghostbusters toy line.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Pic of all 4 Ghostbusters: http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FMattel%2FGhostbus ters%2F&pic=IMG_9543.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

These look fantastic!!! :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
07-25-2009, 12:17 PM
They do look pretty good. $20 each? Whew, it's going to be an expensive line to collect. I guess it's a good thing that the release dates are spread out over several months.

DarkArtist
08-03-2009, 11:13 AM
just placed my order for SDCC Egon on Matty. can't wait. also put an order in for the SDCC Cars set as well as the SDCC Buzz Lightyear 3.75 figure.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-03-2009, 11:15 AM
speaking of which, my buddy got me an extra figure from SDCC and I don't need it. I'm asking just $25 (a few bucks cheaper than mattycollector) for it cos I don't really need it.

Ji'dai
08-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Does anyone know of any coupon codes for this site?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Does anyone know of any coupon codes for this site?

Nope. That's a negative. If you want one, see my post above you. ;)

Ji'dai
08-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Nope. That's a negative. If you want one, see my post above you. ;) I wanted two, actually, so I just ordered directly from Mattel.

But if JMG's asking price includes shipping, then that would be a good deal if you only want one.

Ji'dai
08-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Anyone get a shipping notification from Mattel on their orders yet?

DarkArtist
08-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Anyone get a shipping notification from Mattel on their orders yet?

i got a shipping notification 2 days ago. so i'm hoping they arrive soon. looking forward to getting Egon and starting the collection. i just hope that MattyCollector makes these figures easier to get then the He-Man line.

Ji'dai
08-07-2009, 10:14 PM
I got a shipping notification today. I should get my Egons next Wednesday.

jedimastergeorge06
08-10-2009, 06:03 PM
I am waiting for mine from JMG.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-10-2009, 08:54 PM
I took a few of pics my Egon in my room last night and this is the best one I had with the lighting. He looks great!

Ji'dai
08-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Man, that looks like some big-*** packaging.

You gonna open him up, JMG? That's why I bought two... to compare paint apps and open the best one.

I kinda want the entire team to display for Halloween with my NECA stuff. Maybe next year.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Man, that looks like some big-*** packaging.

You gonna open him up, JMG? That's why I bought two... to compare paint apps and open the best one.

I kinda want the entire team to display for Halloween with my NECA stuff. Maybe next year.

Nah, i'm gonna keep him packaged; I can't afford to order two of each figure, but I will do that for Venkman! My only possible gripe is that the glasses aren't really held down, so they're not totally on his nose, just slightly above it. Aside from that, great fig!!

Ji'dai
08-10-2009, 10:53 PM
My only possible gripe is that the glasses aren't really held down, so they're not totally on his nose, just slightly above it. Aside from that, great fig!! That's the downside to keeping things carded - loose accessories not in place or worse, lying at the bottom of the blister.

Mine should be here Wednesday, I can't wait!

jedimastergeorge06
08-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Got my egon figure today! It looks great..i love how you can take him out of the package and then put him back in and snap it shut...thats great!
Thanks to JMG!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Got my egon figure today! It looks great..i love how you can take him out of the package and then put him back in and snap it shut...thats great!
Thanks to JMG!!!

George- My pleasure!! Glad he arrived safe and sound along with the t-shirt. Enjoy!! :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
08-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Got my two Egons today from MattyCollector. They look great! One has some black paint drippings on his face, but the other is perfect.

Anyone going to order the 12" Ray Stantz (or collect the 12") that is advertised on the cardback?

jedimastergeorge06
08-12-2009, 03:50 PM
JMG...thanks for the shirt...i was not expecting that. It was a great surprise...THANKS AGAIN!!! :thumbsup: Your a great jedi master to buy from!!!

Ji'dai
08-17-2009, 09:35 AM
I took some pics of Egon with the NECA toys that were released in 2004!

Group Shot

Group Shot (http://i29.tinypic.com/2csb0h1.jpg)

Slimer
NECA's Slimer is larger and more robust than Mattel's version. The stand on the NECA version is a sculpted translucent stream of slime. The figure also came with a bunch of food, including a wine bottle with a label that reads "Chateau Venkman - 1984 - Ecto Claret." The NECA version has a glow-in-the-dark feature and also has buttocks! Mattel's Slimer just has a pointed rear end.

Egon and the two Slimers (http://i25.tinypic.com/11tq15l.jpg)

Slimer vs. Slimer Front (http://i25.tinypic.com/25fty1f.jpg)

Slimer vs. Slimer Side (http://i25.tinypic.com/2w20dj5.jpg)

Slimer vs. Slimer Rear (http://i30.tinypic.com/29m3abr.jpg)

The Terror Dogs
The Terror Dogs look pretty good with Egon! The dogs only differ in their head sculpts. Each dog's head, tail, jaw, and legs are articulated. Their eyes light-up red when you push the tail down.

Egon and the Terror Dogs Zuul & Vinz Clortho (http://i26.tinypic.com/26207ko.jpg)

Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Traveller
Gozer is 7" tall, a little larger than Egon. But since she's other-worldly, I think that's acceptable. Articulation is limited. She comes with an alternate head and hands with purple "Force" lightning.

Egon and Gozer (http://i31.tinypic.com/294t4bt.jpg)

Egon and Gozer (http://i31.tinypic.com/2rzb9fp.jpg)

Egon vs. Gozer (http://i30.tinypic.com/hu2jv9.jpg)

Egon vs. Gozer (http://i29.tinypic.com/2nrd91z.jpg)

Egon vs. Gozer (http://i29.tinypic.com/2lszltx.jpg)

Egon and Gozer (http://i30.tinypic.com/2pt2w4m.jpg)

Mr. Stay Puft
The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is 15-1/2" tall. He's a pretty big figure and would look good on a miniature street scene with some Hot Wheels cars.

Egon and Mr. Stay Puft (http://i26.tinypic.com/xqdmom.jpg)

Egon and Mr. Stay Puft Side (http://i32.tinypic.com/30m1nyd.jpg)

Egon and Mr. Stay Puft Rear (http://i29.tinypic.com/2qlgwv7.jpg)

Kenner's The Real Ghostbusters Comparison
Here's a special treat. I found one of my brother's surviving Kenner Ghostbusters, Peter Venkman. This fig was released in 1986 and is approximately 4-3/4" tall. I think The Real Ghostbusters toy line ran a long as the show did.

Egon and Kenner Real Ghostbusters Peter (http://i32.tinypic.com/eq1j5u.jpg)

Egon and Kenner Real Ghostbusters Peter Side (http://i28.tinypic.com/15q87xv.jpg)

Egon and Kenner Real Ghostbusters Peter Rear (http://i25.tinypic.com/iygd93.jpg)

Egon and Kenner Real Ghostbusters Peter Armed (http://i25.tinypic.com/23u7lw0.jpg)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-17-2009, 10:25 AM
JMG...thanks for the shirt...i was not expecting that. It was a great surprise...THANKS AGAIN!!! :thumbsup: Your a great jedi master to buy from!!!

Glad you liked it!! I got the shirt a while back, so I was just happy to get rid of it!

I took some pics of Egon with the NECA toys that were released in 2004!

Group Shot

Group Shot (http://i29.tinypic.com/2csb0h1.jpg)

Slimer
NECA's Slimer is larger and more robust than Mattel's version. The stand on the NECA version is a sculpted translucent stream of slime. The figure also came with a bunch of food, including a wine bottle with a label that reads "Chateau Venkman - 1984 - Ecto Claret." The NECA version has a glow-in-the-dark feature and also has buttocks! Mattel's Slimer just has a pointed rear end.

Egon and the two Slimers (http://i25.tinypic.com/11tq15l.jpg)

Slimer vs. Slimer Front (http://i25.tinypic.com/25fty1f.jpg)

Slimer vs. Slimer Side (http://i25.tinypic.com/2w20dj5.jpg)

Slimer vs. Slimer Rear (http://i30.tinypic.com/29m3abr.jpg)

The Terror Dogs
The Terror Dogs look pretty good with Egon! The dogs only differ in their head sculpts. Each dog's head, tail, jaw, and legs are articulated. Their eyes light-up red when you push the tail down.

Egon and the Terror Dogs Zuul & Vinz Clortho (http://i26.tinypic.com/26207ko.jpg)

Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Traveller
Gozer is 7" tall, a little larger than Egon. But since she's other-worldly, I think that's acceptable. Articulation is limited. She comes with an alternate head and hands with purple "Force" lightning.

Egon and Gozer (http://i31.tinypic.com/294t4bt.jpg)

Egon and Gozer (http://i31.tinypic.com/2rzb9fp.jpg)

Egon vs. Gozer (http://i30.tinypic.com/hu2jv9.jpg)

Egon vs. Gozer (http://i29.tinypic.com/2nrd91z.jpg)

Egon vs. Gozer (http://i29.tinypic.com/2lszltx.jpg)

Egon and Gozer (http://i30.tinypic.com/2pt2w4m.jpg)

Mr. Stay Puft
The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is 15-1/2" tall. He's a pretty big figure and would look good on a miniature street scene with some Hot Wheels cars.

Egon and Mr. Stay Puft (http://i26.tinypic.com/xqdmom.jpg)

Egon and Mr. Stay Puft Side (http://i32.tinypic.com/30m1nyd.jpg)

Egon and Mr. Stay Puft Rear (http://i29.tinypic.com/2qlgwv7.jpg)

Kenner's The Real Ghostbusters Comparison
Here's a special treat. I found one of my brother's surviving Kenner Ghostbusters, Peter Venkman. This fig was released in 1986 and is approximately 4-3/4" tall. I think The Real Ghostbusters toy line ran a long as the show did.

Egon and Kenner Real Ghostbusters Peter (http://i32.tinypic.com/eq1j5u.jpg)

Egon and Kenner Real Ghostbusters Peter Side (http://i28.tinypic.com/15q87xv.jpg)

Egon and Kenner Real Ghostbusters Peter Rear (http://i25.tinypic.com/iygd93.jpg)

Egon and Kenner Real Ghostbusters Peter Armed (http://i25.tinypic.com/23u7lw0.jpg)

AWESOME PICS!!!!! It looks like these new toy pics look like they work in scale to the NECA Figures, which is great!!

I also collected the old Kenner figures; I had LOADS of them, including the firehouse and Ecto-1. I'd love to find them again and display'em, but that's not gonna happen!

Ji'dai
08-17-2009, 03:39 PM
I think we just had the series one Real Ghostbusters figures - Peter Venkman and Ray Stantz at the very least. All I can find now is Venkman and two proton packs. Any other figs probably went in a yard sale.

I saw the firehouse at a garage sale in the mid 90s, but it wasn't complete. My aunt bought it for my cousin though. It looked like a great playset.

If Mattel makes a 6" scale Ecto-1 I'll be all over it. Same with any playsets.

DarkArtist
09-04-2009, 10:09 AM
i have to say I'm not liking the Slimed Peter Vekman figure from Mattycollector.com..... i was hoping for a more realistic version of the character sorta like the 12" scale version. really bummed by this... hoping that they make this version an exclusive to a convention and give us a regular version for general distribution

Ji'dai
09-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Where are you seeing a slimed Peter Venkman on Mattycollector? They only have the sold out slimed Egon listed in their Ghostbusters store.

DarkArtist
09-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Where are you seeing a slimed Peter Venkman on Mattycollector? They only have the sold out slimed Egon listed in their Ghostbusters store.

there is a pic of the upcoming version of Slimed Peter in both Lee's Toy Review and I believe the most recent ToyFare Magazine. sorry for the confusion the pic is not up on mattycollector.com but since they are the ones putting it out i just mentioned them and forgot to state the source of the pic. my bad.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-07-2009, 09:48 AM
You can see a small pic of him here: http://www.itsalltrue.net/resources/gbclassics.html

Ji'dai
09-07-2009, 02:47 PM
The slimed Venkman doesn't look too good. I thought I'd read somewhere that the final version of Venkman would have gloves and pant legs covering the boots. So the final version may look better.

DarkArtist
09-25-2009, 08:20 AM
has anyone else started to collect the Minimates TRU exclusive series of the Ghostbusters ? I was able to get a complete set of the first series and all but one of the second series (missed out on Louis Tully). they are really cool looking actually

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-25-2009, 06:32 PM
has anyone else started to collect the Minimates TRU exclusive series of the Ghostbusters ? I was able to get a complete set of the first series and all but one of the second series (missed out on Louis Tully). they are really cool looking actually

I only saw these once, but passed on them. I have to be careful with my $$, so i'm putting my effort to the 6'' line. They looked decent though and I have seen sites that are posting paper versions of the firehouse for the minimates.

EDIT: Ray (Oct 15th) and Winston (Dec 15th) are up on matty's site!

Ray: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.164618100

Winston: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.164618200

Ray looks better, but i'm still easily buying both!

DarkArtist
09-26-2009, 01:47 PM
I only saw these once, but passed on them. I have to be careful with my $$, so i'm putting my effort to the 6'' line. They looked decent though and I have seen sites that are posting paper versions of the firehouse for the minimates.

EDIT: Ray (Oct 15th) and Winston (Dec 15th) are up on matty's site!

Ray: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.164618100

Winston: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.164618200

Ray looks better, but i'm still easily buying both!

can you post a link to the websites with the firehouse for the minimates.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-26-2009, 07:41 PM
can you post a link to the websites with the firehouse for the minimates.

Here ya go! http://protoncharging.com/gb/wp-content/cache/supercache/protoncharging.com/gb/2009/09/20/another-papercraft-firehall-for-your-minimates-two-interior-floors/index.html

:thumbsup:

DarkArtist
09-28-2009, 12:15 PM
thanks JMG might have to build some this sets to display....thinking of getting the Polar Lights Model of Ecto 1 or Ecto 1A to put along the firehouse

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-15-2009, 11:26 AM
reminder: 12'' and 6'' Ray goes onsale at matty's site here in about 30 minutes or so. Best of luck!!! :)

Ji'dai
10-15-2009, 04:00 PM
I checked early this morning before work and the were still listed as "coming soon." I figured they'd probably be available at noon and hoped they wouldn't sell out by the time I could get online. I guess my fears of them selling out were unfounded. I just placed my order for one 12" and two 6" Ray Stantz figures.

Can't wait to get them! I really want to see how nice the 12" figure is. It's a 60 dollar gamble. I'll be basing my decision to collect the rest of the 12" line on the quality of this initial release.

DarkArtist
10-15-2009, 05:48 PM
placed an order for the 6" Ray Stanz... can't afford to drop $240 for a complete set of the 12" line. the 12" look amazing just can't justify the pricetag.

Ji'dai
10-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Received my order today. UPS crushed the shipping carton, so one my 6" figures packaging is smashed. Fortunately the 12" figure box was undamaged. I may return the smashed 6" fig for a replacement.

Mattel changed the packaging on the 6" figures. They are no longer "collector friendly" so you have to cut the bubble off the card to get the figure out.

The packaging for the 12" figure is really impressive. It's got 3 display windows with ghost graphics surrounding Ray on all four sides. It also comes with a removable cardboard "locker" that opens to reveal Ray's accesories. Mine is still in the package, but I think the head sculpt and likeness are pretty good and the accessories are all very detailed and realistic.

Few pics of the 12" Ray Stantz packaged:

Close-up (http://i36.tinypic.com/2cztyee.jpg)

Outer box with the GB logo, the figure box and locker (http://i34.tinypic.com/xde905.jpg)

Locker opened (http://i33.tinypic.com/aevfjb.jpg)

DarkArtist
10-24-2009, 11:55 AM
recieved my Ray Stanz yesterday... he looks great. can't wait to get the other figures in the series... I'm not so sure if I'm going to order Walter Peck since I really just want the main characters but the containment unit looks awesome just not sure if I can justify spending $28 on the accessory

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Reminder: Winston goes onsale next week! Cool Toy Review has a bunch of pics up and the likeness to Ernie is pretty awesome:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/photo.asp?image=/Mattel/Ghostbusters/Winston/Ghostbusters-019.jpg

Lookin' good!! :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
12-12-2009, 12:05 AM
I'll have to wait until the 20th before I order; that way the charge will go on my February CC statement. I've spent too much this month already and the January bill is astronomical.

---

The bubble on one of my 6" Ray Stantz figures was crushed when I got it and I decided to contact MattyCollector for a replacement. I figured it would be a hassle to go through with it and unfortunately I was right.

MattyCollector (which is run by a company called Digital River) has a form on the website to report receipt of damaged merchandise, which I used. Matty sent me an email telling me to contact Mattel directly and gave me the customer service number. So I call Mattel and the rep told me that the website is separate from them and to call Matty this time, and ask for a supervisor if necessary. She apologized for giving me "the run around" and told me good luck.

So I call Matty, which turns out to be a local number, meaning that Matty's customer service must be outsourced to some company here. Well, short story long, I call back once a week for 2-3 weeks afterward to get the status on my ticket number, even though I've been told it would be acted on by Matty within 24-48 hours after each call. Finally I get an email telling me I've ordered another 6" Ray Stantz. So I wonder if they've charged me for another figure, and will be refunded the money once I return the damaged one.

I finally get the new figure, which was crammed into a box slightly smaller than the cardback, and the invoice shows a $0.00 charge. So I guess they just sent me out a free one. The cardback was a little bent at the top and the bubble was beginning to pull away from the card from being in too small a box, but otherwise it was okay.

So that's my story dealing with Matty's customer service, should anyone here attempt to do so in the future. You now know what kind of aggravation may lie in wait for you.

Ji'dai
12-15-2009, 03:03 PM
I went ahead and put my order in for 2 Winstons and the 12" Egon. I thought I better get in early in case the Man at Mattel decided to produce ol' Zeddemore in lower numbers just 'cause he's a man of color. Shipping was $2 cheaper this time around, weird.

Ji'dai
12-18-2009, 11:18 PM
I got a shipping notice on my order. Should receive Winston and Egon on the 23rd!

Ji'dai
12-23-2009, 11:05 PM
I got my figures today. Winston does look really good. He comes with a trap with a blue energy web coming out of it, much like the ones that come with SW figures, like on the recent R2.

I continue to be impressed with the overall quality of the 12" as well so I think I'll continue collecting them. Egon is pretty good but his eyeglasses look to be permanently attached to his head. He comes with a ghost trap and the spirit energy detector thingy.

DarkArtist
12-24-2009, 11:34 AM
have yet to order Winsten...hoping my wife got the hint that I wanted one and ordered it for Christmas. if not I'll place my order next week

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-26-2009, 06:59 PM
I got my figures today. Winston does look really good. He comes with a trap with a blue energy web coming out of it, much like the ones that come with SW figures, like on the recent R2.

Agreed! Winston's likeness is pretty fantastic!! Here's looking forward to walter peck and then PETER! :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
12-31-2009, 10:32 PM
I still can't believe Mattel greenlighted a Walter Peck figure. Though that ghost containment unit will be pretty sweet, especially if it comes with a trap to put in it.

I opened Winston yesterday. Really the first figure with an accessory that we can actually use - the trap with the removable energy web is cool. Though I guess the Slimer that came with Egon is equally good. I noticed the other night that Ray's ghost is glow-in-the-dark, something I missed somehow after all this time.

DarkArtist
01-15-2010, 11:58 AM
got Winsten for Christmas. this line is amazing. looking forward to getting Peter for the complete set. not sure if i'll order Walter Peck though. while i love the containment grid accessory, I not really jazzd aboout dropping $20 for it. might just custom build one for a background element in a display. thinking of investing some cash in finding a decent Ecto 1 or 1A from the old Kenner line and slightly customizing it so that it's not too cartoony and might work with the display.

really wish Mini-Mates would make a scaled Ecto 1 for their line of Ghostbusters toys. that would rock

also wish Mattycollector would do this line in a 3.75 format as well. would loved a scaled Firehouse and Ecto 1.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Matty announced that Walter Peck was pushed back to May and Peter has been pushed forward to 4/15! yay! :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
02-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Matty announced that Walter Peck was pushed back to May and Peter has been pushed forward to 4/15! yay! :thumbsup:

nice... can't wait to see a pic of Peter and how his final prototype turned out...wasn't a fan of the slimed version so I'm hoping that they give us a clean version. might pass on Walter Peck...not really interested in him enough and can't justify dropping the $26 bucks for the containment unit.

Ji'dai
02-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Well, that's kind of good news I suppose. Don't have to wait so long for Venkman plus I get another month reprieve before the next big Ghostbusters purchase. March is already going to be expensive since I'm planning on making a big LEGO expenditure then.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-15-2010, 06:50 AM
Pics of Peck, Venkman and new Ray.

http://toyfair2010.figures.com/showgallery.php/cat/587

I still think the Venkman sculpt is pretty solid, if not a shade better than what we originally saw. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
02-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Well, Walter Peck is boring. It's just a fig in a suit. Containment unit looks very nice though.

So the Venkman we're getting is going to be the slimed version? I like it but want a clean version too.

Is the Ray in the lab coat from Ghostbusters 2?

I also like the rest of the 12" figures. Both Venkman and Winston look really good.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Well, Walter Peck is boring. It's just a fig in a suit. Containment unit looks very nice though.

So the Venkman we're getting is going to be the slimed version? I like it but want a clean version too.

Is the Ray in the lab coat from Ghostbusters 2?

I also like the rest of the 12" figures. Both Venkman and Winston look really good.

It's been a while since i've watched GB2, but the figure could be him from the TV commecial in GB1.

Peck is boring, but i'll snag it cos of the containment unit alone; plus, i'm a completist.

I do hope we get a clean version and I think we will eventually, for both him and egon. They might be done the line though as I'd think mattel would want to get some of the ghosts/creatures made before they start rehashing too many busters.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-15-2010, 05:27 PM
More info from Toyfair via protoncharging.com: …
Word from the show is that Mattel will be releasing six of the 6″ figures this year, which will move beyond just the four guys. We know of three already – Peck, Slimed Peter, and apparently this new ray. So, what will the other three be?

I'm hoping for Viggo and the Scalleri brothers. Or at least Viggo! :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
02-16-2010, 08:50 AM
I'd buy the Scalleri Brothers. The rest of that film I'd sooner just forget.

I'd rather Mattel do Janine, Louis, and Dana before getting to any characters from GB2. Then they could do a 6" scale Ecto-1 and a three-story firehouse!

Ji'dai
02-19-2010, 02:50 PM
I overheard a couple Hot Wheels collectors talking about a "ghostbusters" car at WM this morning so I checked the pegs, and low and behold, found a couple Ecto-1's! I don't normally check HW so I wouldn't have known about this car being available at all. I got two, one to open and one to keep c[ho]arded.

Card front (http://i50.tinypic.com/20j2tcg.jpg)
Card back (http://i49.tinypic.com/ka1zs1.jpg)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Matty updates about the future of the line: Peck in May, Peter in June, Ray #2 in August, and three figures and a huge surprise at SDCC.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php?note_id=336966058400

This Peter head looks decent, but I think the one at SDCC last year was a bit better.

Ji'dai
02-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Yet another reprieve. I was expecting a 6" and a 12" figure in March. I wonder what the Anaheim Comic Con exclusive will be? A figure or something else? Probably a cool ghost. Whatever it is, it better be available online from Matty too.

So I understand the tentative release schedule is as follows:

April
12" Peter Venkman

May
6" Walter Peck

June
6" Slimed Peter Venkman

July
ridiculously overpriced exclusive at SDCC ACC

August
6" Lab coat Ray Stantz
12" Winston Zeddemore

DarkArtist
03-05-2010, 01:48 PM

I'd rather Mattel do Janine, Louis, and Dana before getting to any characters from GB2. Then they could do a 6" scale Ecto-1 and a three-story firehouse!

100% agree with you on the Scalleri Brothers...would love to see them as a pack-in ghost. would also love to see a 6" scale Ecto 1 and Ecto 1A as well... not sure if they would make a Firehouse for the series.

totally passing on the Walter Peck figure...really only want the containment unit and can't see spending the $20 for the figure.

here's a general question for everyone.... can anyone recommend a decent 3.75" body that can be slightly customizied to make a set of 4 3.75 Ghostbusters ? I've been looking around at a few different toys lines and can't find anything that would look like the GB jumpsuits... was thinking of using ICMG from the Empire wave for Winstein but I'm up in the air on this one...

DarkArtist
03-24-2010, 12:18 PM
spotted the new series of Mini-Mates Ghostbusters figures the other day in TRU... they were the court versions of Ray and Egon and each one came with a Scalleri Brothers ghost. might have to pick these guys up and check them out....

while unpacking more boxes from the move i was able to find a Polar Lights Ecto 1 model that I forgot to build so I'm hoping to get some paint this weekend and start working on it. looks like it would be almost in scale with the mini-mates figures....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Updated version of Venkman: http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/04/c2e2-2010-mattel-ghostbusters#more-6158

Lookin' much better than what was shown several weeks back. :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
04-28-2010, 08:23 AM
looks much better than previous photos of Peter however i wish they chose a different ghost to pack in with Peter instead of Slimer.. I realize that Slimer is the reason he gets slimed in the first place but still would have prefered a different ghost...Oh well.

maybe they will start releasing better ghosts in the new figures to be shown at SDCC...here's hoping.

still can't wait till June to get Peter.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-28-2010, 10:56 AM
a new ghost would've been cool, I agree, but they kinda shot themselves in the foot releasing Slimer with Egon for the first fig. The SDCC GB figures is going to be one of those doll/retro Venkman figure from RGB. I think it looks awful. It's on this page: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.2010_SDCC-Products

And I laughed my arse off as I saw the back of Walter Peck's packaged card and it says *hypothesized to lack genitalia.

Kudos to Mattel for that one.

DarkArtist
04-30-2010, 11:45 AM
not digging the SDCC ghostbusters offering... was really hoping for a scale Ecto 1 or perhaps a packaged 4 pack of the Ghostbusters in 3.75" format. (hey a fella can dream can't he)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-15-2010, 03:42 PM
If you folks haven't ordered Venkman yet, I suggest you get on it as matty has him under "almost gone."

DarkArtist
06-16-2010, 03:58 PM
was able to order one just in the nick of time.. placed the order just before they posted that almost gone..

can't wait to see what the future offerings are at SDCC... here's hoping for some really cool stuff. :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
07-25-2010, 11:39 AM

looks like we are getting at least one of the Scalleri brothers in the 6" line...Court room Peter for 2011 is going to include one of them...

thinking of joining up that Club Ecto 1 that Matty is offering..guarnteed to get all of the figures plus an exclusive version of a figure (Marshmellow Covered Ray) as well. for $20 bucks that's not too bad.

I'm also excited about the TRU exclusive Christmas 4 pack of the boys in there GB2 outfits.... that should be cool

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-26-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm kinda torn about the new GB figures. I love the new Peter and LOOOOOOOOVE Louis Tully, but I was hoping for a better Ecto-1 exclusive. Also, the non-slimed version of Egon is kind of a shame as I was expecting at least a new outfit! But I'm a completist, so I'm debating what to do and I'd love to get the figures without the hassle of an online sale.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-17-2010, 10:27 AM
unslimed Egon is still up @Matty if you don't have him yet. They said he's almost gone though, so get on it! :)

DarkArtist
09-20-2010, 11:06 AM
i'm passing on the unslimed Egon...the PKE meter and stack of books does not warrant spending the $20.00 for this figure.... I think Matty should make an accessory pack that perhaps includes a couple of ghost traps, the containment unit, PKE meter stack of books, haunted toaster, slime etc.... that would be awesome...

I passed on Peck since all i wanted was the containment unit (might make a custom one for myself) and the new accessories for Egon are the only things I want.

as far as the exclusive club Ecto 1 figure..... i would rather a scale Ecto 1 but hey I'm a dreamer:D

DarthQuack
09-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Gigs, what's the status of this line? Some over at He-Man.org and Matty forums seem to think the line is dying....which I find hard to believe since they have a Club Ecto for 2011 correct?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-06-2010, 02:23 PM
New Venkman goes on sale nov 20th; it looks really nice!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.219940700

:thumbsup:

DarkArtist
10-07-2010, 02:02 PM
i'll pass.. I have the slimed version which is fine by me.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-20-2011, 05:10 PM
If anybody needs it, I MIGHT have an extra Courtroom Venkman here soon.

DarkArtist
01-28-2011, 01:36 PM
just got the shipping notification that Court Room Peter is on the way. should be in hand by mid next week.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Anybody have a subscription to the Ecto-1 Club and wanna get an extra Ray for me? I missed out on the subscription literally by 15 minutes. Thanks in advance! :)

DarkArtist
02-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Anybody have a subscription to the Ecto-1 Club and wanna get an extra Ray for me? I missed out on the subscription literally by 15 minutes. Thanks in advance! :)

I'll see if I can hook you up with an extra Ray. not sure if you can order extra's though. will let you know.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-22-2011, 05:19 PM
I'll see if I can hook you up with an extra Ray. not sure if you can order extra's though. will let you know.

Thank you! I wasn't sure how all that worked with the club; didn't know if you folks can buy extras or just get the one?

Either way, thanks for checking!!! :)