PDA

View Full Version : I'm re-reading ROGUE SQUADRON comics - and they're really great!

Tycho
09-09-2008, 07:19 PM
I decided to re-read all the Expanded Universe, post-ROTJ.

I've barely started (Mara Jade, Truce at Bakura) but I'm really digging the Rogue Squadron comics. I always did like them!

Wedge, Tycho, Janson, Hobbie, and the rest are very well fleshed-out characters, and NOVEL AUTHOR MICHAEL STACKPOLE wrote these comics, which lends to why they are so good.

It would be awesome if they made the pilots in their civilian clothing, as the Rogues have a lot of special-ops action out of their flight suits as well as adventures in their X-wings.

Tycho and Janson need X-wing Pilot outfits, too - and Hobbie needs the correct helmet (his comic 2-pack figure is packaged with Dutch Vandor's helmet! Grrrrr. Hobbie's helmet has a blue Rebel emblem on either side - like Dak's - and that's it) Tycho's helmet has only one RED Rebel emblem, on the left hand front of his helmet. Let's get it right, HASBRO!

Janson's helmet is correct, but he comes in his Hoth Snowspeeder flight suit in the Rebel Pilots' Evolution set. Hobbie could be made (with the right helmet even) in his Snowspeeder flight suit (using the Janson body) and I'll just switch his helmets I guess. I can have him in Echo Base prior to launch, so he won't need his helmet during his "Two fighters against a star destroyer?" line to Leia.

But their civilian clothing could be rather simple. Wedge dresses like Han Bespin, sort of - except Wedge's jacket is brown and his shirt is black, and not quite as dressy. Tycho dresses like Han Cantina - no blood stripes on the pants though. Hobbie dresses like Luke Dagobah, with his jacket always hanging open, and in various shades of blue. I think Janson is back in browns, like Wedge. It wasn't too remarkable.

Then there's the Rogue Squadron dress uniforms. (Or they are Alliance dress uniforms). I think I've only seen Wedge and Tycho wear them, as they are the "top brass" for Rogue Squadron, but Janson is next in command. He might appear in one, too.

Anyway, they all carry "Han Solo type" pistols (the fleet trooper blaster that Hobbie's packed with is also incorrect). But sometimes they have used captured stormtrooper blasters, as well.

pbarnard
09-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Anyway, they all carry "Han Solo type" pistols (the fleet trooper blaster that Hobbie's packed with is also incorrect). But sometimes they have used captured stormtrooper blasters, as well.

They're called DL-18s :yes: But you'd have to have an RPG source book to know that. I've done this time to time, but right now, I'm going pre-clone wars, post Rule of Two comics and books now. My only complaint with RS series is when there isn't a casualty or leaving ala Plourr for other duties, the roster turn over isn't explained.