PDA

View Full Version : Fringe

Kidhuman
09-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Anyone else watch this show? I thought it was good. Kind of X-filish. It will keep me interested for anohter week.

Blue2th
09-10-2008, 04:26 PM
I saw it. I liked it. I can see the story developing where the good guys are fighting the Mega Corp. as an ongoing storyline. Anyone can relate to big corporations being the evil.

I like the crazy old man. He's perfect as the scientist the bad guys stole all their ideas from.
Looks like there are going to be many of the things the Homeland Security chief was talking about like teleportation, re-animation etc. in the next episode.

It's a JJ Abrams production so there are bound to be many twists to the story.
I'm looking forward to next week.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-10-2008, 07:05 PM
I saw it as well. I enjoyed it. For those that missed it, it is being shown again Sunday at 8pm.

UKWildcat
09-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I watched it as well, and was wondering who else watched it/liked it but I was too lazy to start a thread; thanks kh. I did enjoy it. Can't wait to see where it is going. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
09-10-2008, 10:04 PM
What they showed at the end Blue 2th was all the stuff for the upcoming season, I hope they dont dump all that stuff into one episode. Also the dude from Dawsons creek, the son. I hadnt seen him do much of anything since Dawsons Creek, but lately I have seen him in about 3-4 things, this Shutter and some other stuff.

Blue2th
09-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Yeah huh, kinda like Lost. They show you previews and it's not till later episodes you see the scenes from the preview. I guess they have to keep you in anticipation.
Lost is the first time I've seen this sort of thing. They would do it every week too. It works.

El Chuxter
09-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Since the buzz is positive, I might check out the rerun. I didn't want to invest 1.5 hours when one of the main selling points in the commercials was "By the writers of Transformers!"

OC47150
09-11-2008, 07:40 PM
I've only watched the first half-hour, but will finish it. It's okay.

I don't know if I want to get sucked into another JJ Abrams show. I enjoyed Alias (even the third season!) but gave up on Lost during the second season because too many new characters were being introduced and the old regulars (Hurley) were kinda forgotten about.

It's X-files-ish but then again, there's only one X-Files! :thumbsup:

pbarnard
09-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Saw this (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/10/AR2008091003822.html?hpid=topnews). Apparently Fox is making up its ratings as it goes along, so probably doesn't bode well to getting invested.

OC47150
09-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Doesn't surprise me.

sith_killer_99
09-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Error...nevermind.

JediTricks
09-15-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm not surprised Fox is trying to spin their ratings claim. What surprises me is why they bother to do damage control when they could have just done a better job of marketing the series in the first place (though, I didn't think it looked good enough to give a shot anyway). The ads don't say anything about it, and the billboards are ridiculously poor. And why they'd premiere a series when they were still fully entrenched in reruns is beyond me, it's like Fox is trying to kill it, then freaking out that it's being killed.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-15-2008, 06:45 PM
And why they'd premiere a series when they were still fully entrenched in reruns is beyond me, it's like Fox is trying to kill it, then freaking out that it's being killed.I think the strategy is to start their series before everyone else so that people get hooked on their shows first. Prison Break, Bones and Terminator have all started already, and this is something they have been doing in years past. Also, I think repeating the show as they did gives people another chance to see it. That doesn't sound like trying to kill it.

UKWildcat
09-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Did anyone else watch the second episode?

I did, and thought it was pretty good. The show has definitely gained my interest.

The ending was something else. I couldn't exactly tell, but it looked like "Peter" was laying in the middle between those two guys, and the guy on the left looked like the guy who was rapidly aging. Not sure who the other guy was. They also had umbilical cords or something sticking up. Again, I'm not sure because it was only shown for a brief moment and pausing it didn't really do much good. Thoughts? Either way, I'm curious to see the details of Peter's medical history.

electricidad
09-18-2008, 01:48 PM
This show is fantastic--exactly like early X-Files. I can't wait to see where they're going.

And I'm calling it now--the Joshua Jackson character is a clone of the crazy scientist. . .the scientist only raised him as a son.

OC47150
09-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Halfway thru the second ep. It definitely has a different tone than the first one.

Kidhuman
09-19-2008, 05:16 AM
I liked it alot. I love the father/son combo, they are the best part.

OC47150
09-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Walter has to be the one of the most -- if not the most -- original character on TV today. I like the fact that the episodes are one-shot storylines...so far.

I have a feeling Walter's old associate will show up again later this season.

jonthejedi
09-23-2008, 04:27 PM
I also couldn't make out that last shot in episode 2...were they all Peter? Was this Walter's dream or what? Hmmm? I hope John Noble is remembered next time during Emmy's, since they blatantly ignored Michael Emerson on Lost.

Kidhuman
09-23-2008, 10:41 PM
They werent all Peter, they were different, I stopped my DR on that shot.

Tonight was great, Broyles in bed with Massive Dynamic? Maybe they are working together and against each other, who knows. Gets better each week.

electricidad
09-24-2008, 10:50 AM
I missed last night. Was it any good?

UKWildcat
09-24-2008, 11:00 AM
You can watch last night's episode (The Ghost Network) on FOX.com (http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=fringe). They actually have the first 3 up for viewing. If you like the show I would definitely recommend you watch this past episode.

I thought last night's episode was pretty good. So far I'm really enjoying this show and it has serious potential.

I love Walter. He cracks me up.

Kidhuman
09-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Self medicating Walter, that part had me laughing hard.

UKWildcat
10-02-2008, 11:00 AM
I thought this past episode was awesome!!!

The Observer - love that guy. I liked how those events played out and then Walter's explanation to Peter about how he owed The Observer a favor and etc. Excellent stuff.

I just hope they run tests on that gun that guy was using. That thing was insane!!! :crazed:

So far I am really enjoying this show. :thumbsup:

electricidad
10-02-2008, 01:29 PM
I thought it was pretty good. It's nice that, like an early X-Files episode, you get some answers--just not to the questions you necessarily expected. I'm pleased we never learned exactly what the McGuffin was. . .I'd imagine it'll turn up again somewhere in the series.

According to zap2it.com, Fringe will be around the whole season, and more viewers are tuning in:

"FOX has ordered nine additional episodes of the freshman drama "Fringe," (http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/fringe/EP01059103) giving the series a full-season commitment."

"In its most recent airing on Tuesday, Sept. 30, "Fringe" averaged 10 million viewers and a 4.3 rating in the key 18-49 demo, both increases over the totals for the previous week."

Apparently the only other new show pulling better numbers than Fringe: the new 90210. This makes me sad.

Kidhuman
10-02-2008, 03:43 PM
The whole thing at the end in which he was reading Peters thoughts was a straight rip off from an Episode of Doctor Who. Pi55ed me off

sith_killer_99
10-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Apparently the only other new show pulling better numbers than Fringe: the new 90210. This makes me sad.

A sad and telling commentary on American Television, but un-surprising as well, after all let's look at the track record:

Reality TV = Big numbers (American Idol, Big Brother, Road Rules, The Real World, etc.)

Great story telling and character development = Early cancellation (Surface, Invasion, Terminator: TSCC?)

Let's hope Fringe can stand the test of American Television.

The whole thing at the end in which he was reading Peters thoughts was a straight rip off from an Episode of Doctor Who. Pi55ed me off

Yeah, I remember that episode, this didn't seem too forced though, and it played well. Remember, there's nothing new under the sun and over laps like this are bound to happen from time to time, so long as it come across as natural I am okay with it.:Pirate:

OC47150
10-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Still an episode or two behind. I do enjoy Fringe, but with all the other shows on right now, it's hard to keep up with anything new.

Poor planning on the networks part, IMO.

RooJay
10-09-2008, 03:29 AM
I am absolutely in love with Fringe!
I know I've been saying this about a lot of shows, but again - even though I wasn't wowed by the first episode, I was completely sold by the second! This one is a more than worthy successor to the dearly departed X-Files! It's very similar in tone, but it actually seems a bit faster paced and a little more action oriented to me.
I find Agent Dunham to be exceedingly hot in a very non-typical way. For some reason she reminds me of a very intriguing cross between Cate Blanchett and Traci Lords, strange as that sounds.
John Noble as Walter represents my absolute favorite new character on television since Ben first showed up on Lost! I absolutely love his interactions with Peter, as well as his assistant Astrid (I hope we get to see more of that sooner rather than later.)
Jonathan Jackson as Peter is a real treat also - he seems so much cooler here than I ever imagine he could have been on Dawson's Creek (never having watched that horrible, horrible nonsense.)
I really dig the Observer! That guy is all kinds of cool, and bizarre, and creepy! I hope to see enough of him to keep me wanting more, and little enough of him that the mystery is not lost.
Most of all I love that - much like early seasons of X-Files - in general each episode is fairly self contained with the mythology taking a back seat to the individual stories, yet we still get enough to keep us wondering exactly where all this is heading.

jonthejedi
10-09-2008, 04:23 AM
I really love it too, even though there's a shadowy mythology going on. The ending was a shock(even though it's been coming for several episodes). The ratings have been good, because of House at 8. I too often get attached to a show that only lasts 13 episodes. Gotta go...Walter wants another root beer float!

OC47150
12-08-2008, 07:25 PM
In the episode where the guy was killed by the imaginary butterflies, the victim had a ticket booked on Oceanic Air!!

Good show. It's getting more complex.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Ah, yes. I saw that as well.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Olivia.

I get a kick out of some of the things Walter says. Pretty funny stuff.

RooJay
12-09-2008, 02:32 AM
This show is fantastic! It kind of scares me that nobody really seems to be talking about it - it would be a real shame if this show gets canceled before it has a chance to really flourish.
I really love that even though the science seems so absolutely outlandish they still seem to make it seem plausible.
Plus, I've got a major crush right now on Agent Dunham! SOoo HOT!

Kidhuman
12-09-2008, 04:50 AM
I love it. I wach it every week and know alot of people who do. I dont htink this show is going anywhere for awhile. Walter is awesome

DarkArtist
12-09-2008, 08:11 AM
i like the show, my wife is hooked, but for me i think it's too X-filish. i mean i still sit and watch it but i guess i'm just waiting for an explosive season finale or something. the storylines are interesting which keeps me coming back for more, but a part of me wonders if this show will continue to deliver or will it fall apart after it's first season.

RooJay
12-10-2008, 02:31 AM
You know I remember that X-Files really didn't catch on and become great until about the third season. I'm hoping Fringe (which also really reminds me of X-Files in the best way) does the same, but much sooner; it's already really good.

Blue2th
12-10-2008, 09:20 AM
It was a re-run last night so I caught last weeks episode on Fox.com.
It was a good one. Fringe is better than anything else out there except Terminator.

Lord Malakite
12-10-2008, 05:57 PM
It was a re-run last night so I caught last weeks episode on Fox.com.
It'll be re-runs for a while. That "last weeks" episode you watched on Fox's website was Fringe's "mid-season" finale. I forget what the exact date they said new episodes would return, but it was sometime around January/February like most other shows that get "mid-season" finales.

RooJay
12-11-2008, 01:40 AM
Hey, there's a novel idea: showing reruns of a show for anyone who might have missed out! Who'd have ever thunk it?! Just think of the possibility this kind of thing has for attracting new viewers to good shows that might not have jumped on at the start!
Seriously though, I remember when this sort of thing was the norm and would often help shows to expand their audiences. I can't begin to count the number of shows back in the day that I discovered in reruns only to end up becoming a regular viewer. I know lots of folks were bellyaching whenever Lost would show reruns early on, but I really don't think ever showing reruns was the problem. The real problem was the overwhelming number of reruns they'd show in place of new episodes right at the beginning of the season (still don't understand why that show takes so long to produce new episodes for...) All of that just seemed to kill the very concept of the rerun, which I've always thought could be very helpful to a show's continued viewership actually. Take a look at Pushing Daisies - one of the absolute best, and certainly the most unique show on right now, and no reruns were shown during the strike as I recall. Now it seems were about to lose that one, and I can't help thinking that rerunning it from the beginning could have been a big help. Same with Reaper - I hear it's coming back, but it's been so long since it's had any presence on air that I'm betting most of the folks who originally watched it probably won't even remember it.
Good call rerunning Fringe, though! I'm giving the network mad props for making a good move!

Mad Slanted Powers
12-11-2008, 02:10 AM
Since I watch so many shows, it's kind of a nice reprieve now that some shows are going into reruns.

sith_killer_99
12-13-2008, 05:57 PM
I was watching LOST season 4 on DVD when I noticed yet another connection to Fringe.

In a previous episode of Fringe they showed an airline ticket for Oceanic Airlines. Well, LOST, has Lance Reddick as a recurring character, in season 4 he speaks to Hugo, and offers him "better accomidations" at a better facility. I believe he is also the orderly who helps John Locke with his physical therapy. Lance plays Phillip Broyles, the Homeland Security agent who runs the Fringe Division. Hmmm....:D

RooJay
04-18-2009, 01:48 AM
Nobody else watching Fringe still? This show just keeps getting better and better. I suppose it's very unfortunate that it never gets rerun - Fox just really hates good shows, don't they? Can't be helping that all JJ Abrams shows take four times longer to produce than any other show in the history of ever.

Kidhuman
04-18-2009, 09:07 AM
I love the show and still watch, just no discussions here going on.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-18-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm still watching. I really get a kick out of some of the things Walter says and does.

Blue2th
04-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Still watching. I like the last one with the beast on the loose in the sewers.

The secretary that helps out in Walter's lab is the cutest little thing. :love:

Kidhuman
04-18-2009, 10:53 AM
You mean Astrid? She gots some crazzzzzy hair though. Sideshow Bob style

Blue2th
04-18-2009, 11:50 AM
You mean Astrid? She gots some crazzzzzy hair though. Sideshow Bob style

Sideshow Bob? :shocked: lol

Now that's a scary thought. Her hair is kinda like that though, but I was thinking more of a cute little poodle.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Last year while waiting in an airport, I recall sitting near a young woman who Astrid reminds me a bit of. She was talking to someone else, and it sounded like she was a singer, perhaps going to some sort of arts school for it. It also sounded like she was involved in church. It was just kind of uplifting to hear all of the positive stuff she was talking about. Whoever and wherever she is, I hope she is doing well and inspiring others.

OC47150
04-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Still hanging in there. Didn't realize how much I missed Walter until he was back. lol

RooJay
04-21-2009, 02:25 AM
Anna Torv (Agent Dunham) is my biggest celeb crush of the moment! So HOT!!!:love:

Blue2th
04-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah she is hot.
I've already had two x girlfriends that were blonde, they were kinda high-strung, I think I'd like a brunette now. Maybe get some sultry seething passion. :whip:

Bib Un-Fortuna
04-21-2009, 09:57 AM
The secretary that helps out in Walter's lab is the cutest little thing. :love:

Actually, I got to meet her at NY Comic Con in February along with John Noble. She was absolutely charming, very nice and funny. She's an artist as well - her website is jasikanicole.com.

Here's a pic of me & my wife with Astrid & Walter

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/JBLynchVI/NY%20Comic%20Con%2009/P2070036.jpg

Anywho . . . we both love Fringe, never miss it even when that craptacular American Idol runs over by 10 minutes. I have my DVR set to record til 10:15 just to make sure we don't miss an ending. Fringe is what the X-Files should have been - it has the same wit and mystery and tension, but the "monster of the week" format is much better defined in Fringe, and even when there are arc-centric episodes they still exsist outside of the overall conspiracy/story arc. Duchovny is a better actor than Josh Jackson, and Anderson & Torv are basically even. Fringe's supporting cast is far and away superior, especially John Noble, who must have so much fun with the lines they give him.

But Fox is a joke. They better pick this up for next season or a lot of people are going to get cranky.

RooJay
04-22-2009, 02:08 AM
I don't get cranky. I get stabby.

Bib Un-Fortuna
04-22-2009, 08:48 AM
I don't get cranky. I get stabby.

LOL I hear ya.

Seriously, Fox is notorious for cancelling shows abruptly & making poor decisions in regards to what should come back & what they keep. I could go off on a Millennium rant here, but I'll hold it in.

When we met John Noble in February, I made a point of asking him if he knew anything about next season being a go. His answer, basically, was "Well, we feel like we should get picked up. JJ (Abrams) feels like we will get picked up. We all think we deserve it. But you know, we are on Fox."

And did everyone watch last night? Very cool episode, very creepy. And for those Anna Torv fans, there was a very, very, very, ummm, intense moment. (Trying to be appropriate - there was a "sexual situatons" warning at the beginning.) Hard to watch with my wife sitting on the couch right next to me.

Also loved how they introduced the actor who is playing William Bell in the episode without actually showing him. If you know the voice, you know the actor.

And if you didn't already know it, John Noble has a very thick accent. Watch the "go green" commercial he does about halfway through the episode.

UKWildcat
04-22-2009, 09:31 AM
So does anyone else see, or look for, The Observer in all these other episodes? He is always hanging around or walking by a scene where something (usually pattern related) is happening. During every episode I try and find him, and I have been rather successful. Found him in every episode (since his introduction) with exception to maybe one or two eps. Its a game I play while watching, kind of like "Where's Waldo?". lol I think it is genius on the shows part, just curious how many other people are doing the same thing. I love it! And I love this show! :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
04-22-2009, 10:16 AM
And if you didn't already know it, John Noble has a very thick accent. Watch the "go green" commercial he does about halfway through the episode.I saw the commercial and sure noticed the difference.

OC47150
04-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Let's catch a show! Pippin'? You have to tune in each week for Walter's Words of Wisdom.

Yeah, Liv's moments with the stripper were....ah, interesting. :yes:

Blue2th
04-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Let's catch a show! Pippin'? You have to tune in each week for Walter's Words of Wisdom.

Yeah, Liv's moments with the stripper were....ah, interesting. :yes:

That's an understatement. I think I felt it move Jerry. :squareeye

So her little girl name was Olive. That's Olivsk for Popeye fans.

RooJay
04-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Dude, the Observer is awesome! Always fun catching him hanging around here and there. You've got to really be paying attention some times - he can be tricky to spot and occasionally only shows up for a split second!

Yeah, the whole deal with the stripper was somewhat of a thrill, but I enjoyed the exercise sequence at the beginning of the show even more. Not often that we've got to see Agent Dunham out of her pants suit!

OC47150
05-04-2009, 07:47 PM
We have a second season of Walter!!!

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/index.html

RooJay
05-05-2009, 01:20 AM
We had better if they know what's good for them!:whip:

Also, is it just me, or does Anna Torv actually get hotter the messier her hair gets? I think it might be that she usually seems so straight laced that makes me so want to...umm...unlace her. I think she shares this same quality with Gillian Anderson.

OC47150
05-05-2009, 06:56 PM
The actress who plays her sister does look just like Anna. The resemblance is so uncanny that it's scary.

RooJay
05-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Good episode tonight! I think I've finally figured out what The Pattern is!

jonthejedi
05-06-2009, 04:40 AM
...well that was a pivotal episode in a fantastic 1st season. Bring on Bell!!!

Blue2th
05-06-2009, 09:47 AM
That was good.
Clint Howard's part was cool.
I guess they can use any reference to Star Trek they want now.
You could tell who's voice it was for Bell in the preview.

Is this going to be sort of like Heroes where the people that were given the drug for super powers are used for a future war?

Mad Slanted Powers
05-06-2009, 05:24 PM
That was good.
Clint Howard's part was cool.
I guess they can use any reference to Star Trek they want now.I knew he looked familiar, but I didn't realize it was him. He was on something else recently too. I guess it was Heroes, as he is listed for that on imdb, but I can't recall what happened.

The Star Trek reference sounded like the plot to the new movie, from what little I've heard.

OC47150
05-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Who you gonna call? Oh, Walter, you get the best lines.

Clint Howard was perfectly cast as the conspiracy computer geek.

RooJay
05-07-2009, 02:01 AM
Everybody else remembers Clint Howard's other Star Trek connection, right?:thumbsup:

jonthejedi
05-07-2009, 04:19 AM
..."this is Tranja, I hope you relish it as much as I."

Bib Un-Fortuna
05-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Great episode, cannot wait for Tuesday.

The Clint Howard scene was truly awesome. He's got you totally believing in what he's saying, thinking about the story arc and what we've seen before, and then they just yank that rug out from under us and we go from contemplating the Pattern to laughing out loud.

And then it occurs to me that it is also a completely blatant plug for the Star Trek movie that Abrahms directed. Not complaining, but it is just too big of a coincidence that that scene was in this weeks episode.

Truly a classic Fringe moment . . . just like the Observer showing up in the audience of American Idol!

Blue2th
05-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Great episode, cannot wait for Tuesday.

The Clint Howard scene was truly awesome. He's got you totally believing in what he's saying, thinking about the story arc and what we've seen before, and then they just yank that rug out from under us and we go from contemplating the Pattern to laughing out loud.

And then it occurs to me that it is also a completely blatant plug for the Star Trek movie that Abrahms directed. Not complaining, but it is just too big of a coincidence that that scene was in this weeks episode.

Truly a classic Fringe moment . . . just like the Observer showing up in the audience of American Idol!
Wait till you see the Star Trek plug in next week's episode.

The observer at American Idol is so cool! :thumbsup: Is that for real?

Bib Un-Fortuna
05-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Yup it is - I don't watch AI, but my sister does. When I saw the image, I called her to see if she still had the episode in her DVR. She watches Fringe as well, so she confirmed it for me. I saw it myself just a couple of days ago.

RooJay
05-08-2009, 02:09 AM
I think I saw the Observer standing on the corner on my way into work tonight - that guy is everywhere!

OC47150
05-14-2009, 06:55 PM
For the season finale, I was expecting a little bit more.

SPOILER

The Twin Towers and Peter's grave were surprises but I was expecting...well, more. Something else.

RooJay
05-15-2009, 01:49 AM
More than a Multiverse?!

For the record:

The Observer = The Monitor.

sith_killer_99
05-15-2009, 12:20 PM
More than a Multiverse?!

For the record:

The Observer = The Monitor.

Who then is the Anti-Monitor?:confused:

JEDIpartner
05-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Clearly NOT the Monitor from Doctor Who. :o

Fringe did exactly what Dollhouse failed to do. Both shows started off slowly, but Fringe really built up the backstories on the characters in such a way that you actually cared about what happened to them. This helped add to the momentum and mystery. Fringe also had a more capable cast. God, the acting in Dollhouse was horrible!!!!!

The season finale blew me away. I wasn't disappointed at all with the revelations unlike OC47150. It was exactly what I wanted. This show has evolved the way The X-Files, a similar show I might add, had during its first season. I can't wait until this one comes back!

sith_killer_99
05-15-2009, 06:34 PM
I guess a lot of people got worked up about the WTC being in the end shot.:rolleyes:

It's not like they flew a 747 over downtown Manhattan.:twisted:

JEDIpartner
05-15-2009, 09:36 PM
People are inherently stupid.

RooJay
05-16-2009, 01:57 AM
Who then is the Anti-Monitor?:confused:

Maybe there isn't one. Fringe doesn't necessarily = Crisis on Infinite Earths, but I'm sticking to my Monitor observation. Mostly because both characters' names mean basically the same thing, and they both seem to serve a similar function...

Of course, this is another good analog (I just have a far greater preference for DC comics - currently publishing the Fringe comic, by the way!)

Lord Malakite
05-21-2009, 01:55 AM
Just an early heads up. Fringe has been moved to a new day. Season 2 will air on Thursday (http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/18/fox2009-10-schedule-announced/18882) at 9 PM when the show starts up again in the fall. Why must they put all my shows on at the same time. :( As if it isn't bad enough I also follow CSI and Supernatural at that same day/time.

Kidhuman
05-23-2009, 11:54 AM
I also heard that they let Charlie go

RooJay
05-27-2009, 02:58 AM
I've heard this as well. I wonder why? He was really cool. Wonder what their in story explanation will be?

Blue2th
05-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Charlie will be back according to this source:

Fringe’s Charlie will be back
MAY 22, 2009 • POSTED BY STARBUCK UNDER TELEVISION
TAGGED AS: FRINGE

Well, it appears that the firing of actor Kirk Acevedo, who plays Charlie Francis, on Fringe didn’t last long. IGN is reporting that one executive producer is claiming the exact opposite:

“…Executive Producer Jeff Pinkner telling them that Acevedo “was not fired.” Pinkner then added “like all things on Fringe, there is more to this story than meets the eye.” Pinkner went on to say that we’d even be seeing more of Acevedo’s Agent Francis in Season 2 - hinting at, perhaps, two Charlies. An our world Charlie and an alternate Charlie”

Pinkner also noted that we’ve already seen alternate Charlie on the show, allegedly sporting a scar. Yes, because nothing says “alternate version” of a person better than a scar. Just ask Peter Petrelli from Heroes. Anyway, rejoice Charlie fans!

Darth Metalmute
05-27-2009, 09:57 AM
I guess a lot of people got worked up about the WTC being in the end shot.:rolleyes:

It's not like they flew a 747 over downtown Manhattan.:twisted:

Did you notice the New York tabloid on Spock's/Bell's desk?
It said Obama's moving into New White House.

I curious as if they are stating that the flight that crashed in Pennsylvania hit it's target first, and the planes intended for the towers were shot down.

OC47150
09-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Fox was showing Fringe Sunday afternoon. I caught a bit of it, but I found it distracting with the Twitter comments at the bottom of the screen.

Kidhuman
09-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Starts Thursday night at 9pm.

RooJay
09-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Already got my DVR programmed! Can't wait!

jonthejedi
09-16-2009, 03:57 AM
Got my wife hooked as well...we're pouring thru the Season 1 DVD in anticipation for Thurs. nite(a bad night in my opinion)!

RooJay
09-18-2009, 03:29 AM
Awesome X-Files shout outs there! Mulder and Scully on tv, the mention of the "X designation." Cool!

Also, I wish I could be there as well to see the look on Liv's face when see eats the pudding...;)

Darth Metalmute
09-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Great episode last night! Edge of your seat action! I saw the twist at the end coming however. Looks like this season is going to involve alot of flashbacks.

jonthejedi
09-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Looks like another mind-blowing season! Great nods to Mulder & Scully, and Olivia's line..."Get that #@*&^$#!"

Kidhuman
09-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Twas a good epsiode. I love Walter and his ride with the body comment.

jonthejedi
09-20-2009, 04:33 AM
Walter B. steals every show...though his son had a real great character moment in season 2 premiere.

electricidad
09-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Good, solid episode. It answered none of the questions from the last episode (like what did Bell tell Olivia, how long was she in the alternate universe New York, why is Bell even there), but brought a whole new stack of questions as well.

Sad to see Kirk Acevedo go--he's great in everything he's in.

I'm pretty optimistic about this season.

Darth Metalmute
09-23-2009, 07:23 AM
He's not gone yet...... Just different.:alien:

I liked his character, but I hope they don't drag this out too long.

JEDIpartner
09-23-2009, 09:54 AM
I loved the reference to the "X designations". VERY nice...

The scene where Walter realises what's happened and moments later, Olivia is ejected from the empty vehicle was absolutely amazing!

I was really sad that the offed Charlie. I wasn't surprised at all considering this is a J.J. Abrams property. They tend to kill people off pretty easily.

Still, it's really impressive that they managed to take this show from a slow burn to some really intense stories, character studies and action. My love for this show and everyone in it has grown.

Also... I love that Walter cannot ever get Astrid's name right. :love:

OC47150
09-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Good start to the season so far. The Charlie predicament will add an interesting twist to this season.

When Friday night's ep started, I immediately thought that it was a variation/rip-off of the Descent. I was pleasantly surprised to find out I was wrong!

jonthejedi
09-28-2009, 03:58 AM
My wife was born in Lansdale, PA...it was pretty bizarre for her to watch that episode. I kept thinking of "Home" from the X-Files.

DarkArtist
10-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Fringe is a great series can't wait to see where the season leads... look forward to catching it every Thrusday night. i give it an A+

sith_killer_99
10-02-2009, 12:36 PM
This has become my top show, I even put it above Dexter...and Dexter rocks, so that's saying something!!!

Sure there are some great shows out right now, but Fringe has me hooked like no other.

electricidad
10-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Dexter is awesome.

Another strong episode of Fringe last night. We found out what William Bell said to Olivia, they figured out the shape shifter replaced Charlie, and there were a bunch of cryogenically frozen heads to boot.

There has not been a weak episode of Fringe this season.

RooJay
10-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Anyone else thinking that Peter isn't even the other side's Peter now? Leads me to wonder if he even has a triangular scar on the roof of his mouth, if anyone even mentioned this to him in regards to discovering the shapeshifters, or if he just hadn't heard anythign about that yet.

Blue2th
10-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Anyone else thinking that Peter isn't even the other side's Peter now? Leads me to wonder if he even has a triangular scar on the roof of his mouth, if anyone even mentioned this to him in regards to discovering the shapeshifters, or if he just hadn't heard anythign about that yet.
There's something special about him though. The way the Iraqi guy was talking to him, maybe he was somehow resurrected?
The way the lady who was injected with hallucinogenics was looking at him like he had a halo around his head or something.
Don't think he's a shape shifter though or she would have seen that.
I have a feeling she'll be back to help in the war against the shape shifters.

I just got caught up with the last 3 episodes on the web. The series just keeps getting more intriguing.

Kidhuman
10-11-2009, 09:32 AM
well I knew she would see Peter in the "glow" but I was hoping she didnt say anything. I expect that to break at the end of this season going into season 3.

RooJay
10-13-2009, 01:52 AM
If I remember correctly, the drug lady said the saw the halos around the shapeshifters specifically.

jonthejedi
10-13-2009, 04:22 AM
I want Clint Howard back on...sort of a Lone Gunman onto himself.

RooJay
10-14-2009, 01:31 AM
I've heard rumors that he will be back at least a couple of times this season...

Kidhuman
10-14-2009, 07:26 AM
If I remember correctly, the drug lady said the saw the halos around the shapeshifters specifically.

yeah a glow or halo around them, or a glowing halo. but she saw it no doubt

Darth Metalmute
10-14-2009, 07:34 AM

I thought it was just people who didn't belong.

Kidhuman
10-14-2009, 07:50 AM
I thought it was just people who didn't belong.

hence people from the other side. Shapeshifters, Peter.....

Darth Metalmute
10-14-2009, 01:38 PM
hence people from the other side. Shapeshifters, Peter.....

Yeah, but I thought Walter stole Peter from the other side. The shapeshifters are not the same as Peter. The shapeshifters were altered so that they could transfer through to the other side. Bell said only a handful of people had actually gone from one side to the other without issues; Bell, Walter, Peter, and Olivia. Shapeshifters have blood thats mostly mercury-based, whereas if Peter had that blood I'm pretty sure red flags would have come up before.

RooJay
10-14-2009, 08:37 PM
I've since deleted the ep from my DVR, but I'm relatively certain the distinction was made (or at least heavily implied) that it was the shapeshifters specifically that had the halos.

jonthejedi
10-15-2009, 04:13 AM
...that was my take as well. About how old was Peter(other Peter) when he was brought to our universe?

Darth Metalmute
10-15-2009, 07:28 AM
His grave says 1978-1985.

OC47150
10-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Running an ep behind. I thought Walter was going to get lucky for a minute. :lipsrsealed:

One thing has bothered me about Charlie being a Shapeshifter. Don't you think someone like Olivia would've noticed a different in his demeanor and actions before him getting shot?

Mad Slanted Powers
10-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Running an ep behind. I thought Walter was going to get lucky for a minute. :lipsrsealed:

One thing has bothered me about Charlie being a Shapeshifter. Don't you think someone like Olivia would've noticed a different in his demeanor and actions before him getting shot?
It seemed like they hardly saw each other after the change, plus she was working through her own issues, and may not have been aware.

OC47150
10-18-2009, 07:23 PM
It seemed like they hardly saw each other after the change, plus she was working through her own issues, and may not have been aware.

True, but Charlie's lone-wolf act should've raised eyebrows with Broyles or someone else.

I know: I'm over-thinking it, but I had time on my hands.

Darth Metalmute
10-18-2009, 08:47 PM

The thing I didn't get was once they discovered the girl that died in the hospital basement wasn't a shapshifter, why they didn't immediately second guess Charlie.

RooJay
10-19-2009, 08:04 AM
I don't think Charlie worked nearly as closely with the other folks in Fringe Division (of which he was actually not a part if you think about it) than we might be inclined to believe. He was Olivia's friend and contact in the FBI, but he really didn't have any direct link to the rest of the characters otherwise. They all knew him through Olivia.

Another thing I recall regarding Peter possibly being a shapeshifter from the other world was the nightmare he'd had in this past episode. The kid he saw in that dream really looked nothing like him at all (granted, in real life he was not him and we all know that worse casting choices have been made in such situations in the past) and though he only clearly remembered Walter having been there in the dream, while the dream was occuring he seemed genuinely afraid of Walter's presence even while calling out for "Dad!" This leads me to infer that what we were seeing was the boy Peter was before he became the Peter we know (literally) and in particular, he seemed to be reliving in this dream the very moment Walter may have stolen him away. That's what I got out of it, at least.

Kidhuman
10-19-2009, 08:31 AM
someone on the forum brought up the idea of the "Other Walter" making an appearance. I would love to see that. Or even the other Olivia

electricidad
11-06-2009, 11:47 AM
I spotted the Observer in last night's episode (replayed on Hulu, it's at 19:30).

"Earthling" was a fantastic episode. The shadow-cosmonaut was an effective "monster of the week" and really developed Broyle's character. Each episode gets better and better.

JEDIpartner
11-06-2009, 03:31 PM
It was on last night??!!

electricidad
11-06-2009, 03:44 PM
It was. Hulu has it now.

Kidhuman
11-07-2009, 09:28 AM
And a damn good episode.

JEDIpartner
11-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Our DVR still had it listed as the World Series!!!

jonthejedi
11-08-2009, 04:45 AM
Wasn't there supposed to be an episode focusing on The Observer? Did I miss it...has it aired or is it upcoming? I thought maybe somehow it aired with my DVR/World Series messup, too. I thought I read it was directly following the Broyles/shadow cosmanaut episode.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be an episode focusing on The Observer? Did I miss it...has it aired or is it upcoming? I thought maybe somehow it aired with my DVR/World Series messup, too. I thought I read it was directly following the Broyles/shadow cosmanaut episode.

The Broyles episode was this week, and I don't recall seeing an Observer episode.

jonthejedi
11-08-2009, 04:58 PM
It must be upcoming for rating sweeps or something...I read about it in TV Guide...thought I missed it.

JEDIpartner
11-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Yep... definitely a good episode. It was nice that we FINALLY got a little info on who Broyles is and what makes him tick. The shot of him smiling at the little kid in the restaurant was one of the best moments of the season. It showed him as something other than serious and restrained.

RooJay
11-10-2009, 01:31 AM
The Observer episode hasn't aired yet. It's either this week's episode or one of the next couple weeks'.

electricidad
11-20-2009, 09:55 PM
The observer episode was last night, and it was great. This is now the best show on television.

To summarize, the observers have been around forever, watching humanity and, well, observing, key historical and/or tragic events. An observer who looked a lot like Galen from the Babylon 5 series Crusade ('cause it was the same actor) abducts a grad school girl. The team scrambles to find her, armed with only a mysterious journal this observer left at the scene.

The team then discovers that grad school girl was supposed to be on a plane that crashed overseas. The observer saved her life by snatching her up.

There was a lot to like here, from Walter's interaction with the observer (which adds weight to my theory that this universe's Peter died as a child, and Walter abducted the alternate universe's Peter and raised him), to the observer's own interactions with each other. Edward Woodward's performance was subtle but effective enough to earn him a nomination for whatever category the Emmys have for guest actor.

I hope other people are watching this show--it's excellent and deserves a larger audience.

RooJay
11-21-2009, 12:16 AM
I agree! This may be one of my favorite episodes yet. I really dig the Observers, and it's great seeing Peter Woodward somewhere other than the history channel again - I really do think he's a fantastic actor that deserves more exposure (I was very sad to hear that his dad passed away this week - RIP Equalizer!)

Darth Metalmute
11-21-2009, 09:32 AM
It was a good episode, but I wish the reason he tried to save her was because of she actually was important instead of love. Up until his finals words in the car, I had no idea they were basically androids (no emotions).

electricidad
12-07-2009, 09:59 PM
A good Walter-based story. It goes into his efforts to become more independent, and shows a bit of his relationship with Peter, and with Astrid.

Oh, and also, there are giant tape worms.

In the end, Water implants a tracking device in his neck. As I saw this, I actually said out loud, "Plot point." They'll certainly come back to this tracking device in a later episode. . .

RooJay
12-08-2009, 02:54 AM
The Walter stuff nearly had me choked up. Very good episode. Makes me extra disappointed that John Noble didn't get that Emmy. I've also started noticing exactly how good an actress Anna Torv is! She never seems like she's acting. It always looks to me that she's a real person, in a real situation. Also...so HOT!

JEDIpartner
12-12-2009, 10:14 PM
The SUV they were driving this week... anyone else catch it? The licence plate was "1C3P01".

OC47150
12-13-2009, 07:25 PM
The Walter stuff nearly had me choked up. Very good episode. Makes me extra disappointed that John Noble didn't get that Emmy. I've also started noticing exactly how good an actress Anna Torv is! She never seems like she's acting. It always looks to me that she's a real person, in a real situation. Also...so HOT!

I'm caught up on Fringe. I really felt sorry for Walter being lost during the Chinese ep.

The brain ep was good. If I were Olivia, I would've shot Dr. Parrish (??), then ran back to help Walter. It would've made me feel better.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-13-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm caught up on Fringe. I really felt sorry for Walter being lost during the Chinese ep.

The brain ep was good. If I were Olivia, I would've shot Dr. Parrish (??), then ran back to help Walter. It would've made me feel better.
But he had the correct sequence for the antidote, so shooting him wouldn't have helped Walter.

OC47150
12-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Still, it would've made me feel better. : )

electricidad
12-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Noble acted the hell out of this episode, too. I thought he was great. Did you notice the change in his personality, when all the brain pieces were hooked up? Walter seemed to have more of an edge, and seemed darker.

Here's what's coming up, from TVOVERMIND.COM's Sam McPherson:

Wow. If you thought Fox had no more tricks up its sleeve, you're certainly wrong. They have quite a few tricks, it seems. THe question is: are they good tricks?

The trick I'm questioning is their January 11 block. Sure, they've moved the return of House back two weeks to this date, but they're also following up House will a new episode of Fringe instead of House's usual follow-up Lie to Me. Want to know why that's even stranger?

The new episode of Fringe won't be from season two.

No, we're not catching a glimpse of Fringe's future, but rather of its past. The January 11 episode of Fringe will be an outtake from season one. That's right — an entire episode was nixed from the first season, and only now do they see fit to tell us.

Fringe did have a strangely short first season, with only twenty episodes. The original order was 22, but this was mysteriously cut back. This is obviously one of the two nixed hours. Is there perhaps a second episode that has been shielded from our eyes?

The content of the episode, titled "Unearthed," is unknown, but it is known to feature the recently deceased Charlie, who was killed in early season two by an otherworldly soldier. It'll be good to see Kirk Acevedo's familiar face back with the Fringe team.

That doesn't mean that there still aren't a lot of questions. Let me express my incredulity in bulleted form:

Why was this episode cut?
Who made the decision to cut it, FOX or the producers?
What story content was in this episode that we've missed out on?
Where was this episode supposed to fit in during the rest of the season (we can't know if it takes place immediately after the pilot or shortly before the season one finale)?
Why now?

You can read the whole thing at:
http://www.tvovermind.com/fringe/fringe-to-air-unseen-season-one-episode/15917

jonthejedi
01-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I too, was a little surprised to see Charlie alive & well. I knew that this had to be a season 1, but how...it wasn't in DVD box set?

Mad Slanted Powers
01-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Another guy appeared to come back from the dead at the end of the episode. I wonder if that will figure into an upcoming episode. That would make showing this episode now make a bit more sense.

OC47150
01-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I too, was a little surprised to see Charlie alive & well. I knew that this had to be a season 1, but how...it wasn't in DVD box set?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he'd missed a season 1 ep.

I did miss last night's ep. Darn it. :sad:

jonthejedi
01-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Pretty solid ep. Some great Peter/Walter stuff. And Asterix got some field work in(yeah!).

Mad Slanted Powers
01-16-2010, 11:07 AM
That's pretty close to Asterax, and Asteroids-type game I played on my Mac years ago.

RooJay
01-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Asterix and Walter are my new favorite tv duo!

electricidad
01-21-2010, 08:19 AM
What a nice, solid, monster-of-the-week episode.

We get Walter and Astrid screen time (and they play off each other so well), we get a gun battle in a soggy barn and we get a government experiment gone wrong. This season seems a whole lot stronger than the first season--here's hoping this show stays around for a while.

RooJay
01-22-2010, 03:21 AM
Don't forget that we also now have Astrid being aware that Peter has been dead before! That's a good, strong mythology moment that should pay off big time on down the line.

OC47150
01-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Good ep. I like the Walter and Astrid dynamics. Glad to see that relationship being built on.

I immediately thought of the season 1 or 2 ep of the X-Files with the black sludge in people's eyes. Anyone else??

Walter at the science center with the little kids was great. Scaring the poo out of them.

OC47150
01-29-2010, 07:44 PM
It was only a matter of time before Nazis showed up in one of these eps. The evil doctor even had the '30s/40s German haircut.

electricidad
02-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Nice episode this week. Walter Bishop kills a Nazi, which was excellent.

OC47150
02-02-2010, 06:58 PM
The winter finale has me a little worried. That can/has been the kiss of death for a lot of quality shows. I'd understand a 2-week break because of the Olympics, but anything longer is of concern.

electricidad
02-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Great mythology episode tonight! We get some alternate universe stuff, and the team attempts to thwart an attack by Newton. They are somewhat successful, as they save some lives.

Of course, there's a nice big reveal at the end of the episode. The audience has known for some time Peter is from the alternate universe, pulled over by Walter when Peter was a child, after this universe's Peter died.

But now Olivia knows Peter's from the alternate universe.

And I can't wait for new episodes.

electricidad
02-05-2010, 08:14 AM
I just remembered a line Walter had for Peter an episode or two ago--he said to Peter that Olivia "sees right through you."

Nice callback to that at the end of this ep.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-06-2010, 01:41 AM
The graphic at the beginning of the show must have been a clue that we were in the alternate universe. It indicated that the location was "Manhatan" instead of "Manhattan."

Darth Metalmute
02-08-2010, 08:19 AM
The winter finale has me a little worried. That can/has been the kiss of death for a lot of quality shows. I'd understand a 2-week break because of the Olympics, but anything longer is of concern.

I believe they did it last year and things turned out fine. Idol comes first to Fox. I know that switching nights all the time is bad for TV, but I hope when it comes back it's on a new night. Thursday just doesn't work for me personally and I find myself having to DVR the episodes and watch them later.

OC47150
05-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Last night's ep had a real X-Files feel to it, and I liked it. First ep I'd watched in a couple of weeks. I've forgotten to record it once or twice and have another ep or two recorded and haven't watched.

OC47150
05-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Was I the only one who was really attracted to the alternate universe Dunham? She was hot!

Interesting to see Walter protrayed as a coherent man.

Lord Malakite
05-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Was I the only one who was really attracted to the alternate universe Dunham? She was hot!
Blonde Dunham looks better I think. The brunette hair (which I presume was a wig) looked too fake.

Darth Metalmute
05-15-2010, 08:47 AM

It's the bangs in comparison to the massive dynamic forehead.

RooJay
05-18-2010, 06:30 AM
I'm normally more of a brunette type of guy, but Liv looks much better as a blonde. Also, there is nothing wrong with her forehead. Any happen to watch with subtitles on? They kept referring to the 'other' Olivia as "Bolivia." Brown + Olivia = Bolivia! Genius!

sith_killer_99
05-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Blonde Dunham looks better I think. The brunette hair (which I presume was a wig) looked too fake.

Yeah, but I think I like Dunham with tattoos!:D

OC47150
12-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Sounds like the show may be doomed.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fringe-fridays-cancelled-18936/

I'm still watching.

Darth Metalmute
12-10-2010, 09:32 PM
The last episode might be one of the creepiest episodes I have ever seen.

jonthejedi
12-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Yeah, bigtime....I kept waiting for Mulder & Scully to show up.

RooJay
12-11-2010, 03:30 AM
The article doesn't actually say that the show has been cancelled yet. I am still hopeful. It's a shame, though, that people aren't watching - Fringe just keeps getting better. I seem to recall a time when X-Files aired on Friday as well...

JEDIpartner
12-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah, bigtime....I kept waiting for Mulder & Scully to show up.

I loved when they referred to that show. It was in an earlier episode where they were threatening to shut down the Fringe Division like they did with that "X designation".
:thumbsup:

I'm sure the show is doomed. It's smart, complex, has interesting characters and a long, series-spanning story arc. Networks don't like that sort of thing. Viewers also don't like that sort of thing either 'cos they've been dumbed down by the barrage of "reality" shows (not contest shows) that are aimed at the moronic.

Still, the ride they are giving us is a magnificent one.

Asteroid Asterisk Altoid Esther Astrid = :love:

sith_killer_99
12-16-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm sure the show is doomed. It's smart, complex, has interesting characters and a long, series-spanning story arc. Networks don't like that sort of thing. Viewers also don't like that sort of thing either 'cos they've been dumbed down by the barrage of "reality" shows (not contest shows) that are aimed at the moronic.

What are these "reality shows" of which you speak?

Admittedly I was surprised to see LOST go as long as it did, considering it did not fit the mold.

I wish BSG had gone another season, another smart show that sorta died before it's time.

Others include:

Terminator: TSCC (I still cry when I think about what might have been with that show!) :mad: :cry: :mad:
Brimstone:(
Farscape :(
Firefly :mad:
Tru Calling :cry:
Profit (had a lot of potential) :yes:
Wonderfalls (also a lot of potential) :yes:
Dresden Files :(
Bionic Woman (remake) :cry:
Invasion :mad:
Surface :(
Heroes (YES, I still watched) :p
Star Trek (The Original Series...canceled too early!)
Deadwood :(

The list goes on and on and on. When we do get good shows that are smart and well done, and they are allowed to survive, we are truly blesses.

JEDIpartner
12-16-2010, 03:41 PM
What are these "reality shows" of which you speak?

WifeSwap
Kendra
anything with those Kardashians
The Bachelor/The Bachelorette
The "real" "housewives" of _____________

...and anything of that ilk.

Not included in that would be...

Top Gear
Dirty Jobs
American Idol
Dancing With The Stars
Survivor
The Amazing Race

...and anything of that sort.

Lord Malakite
12-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Man, why do they have to keep making things hectic on me. Moving Fringe to Fridays means I now have to pick and choose which show to watch right then,tape for later and not watch at all between Fringe, Supernatural and CSI: NY.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Man, why do they have to keep making things hectic on me. Moving Fringe to Fridays means I now have to pick and choose which show to watch right then,tape for later and not watch at all between Fringe, Supernatural and CSI: NY.

Well, I've watched Supernatural online before. I'm not sure about the others. I don't watch CSI. Clone Wars is on the same time as Supernatural, but it is on at other times as well.

Lord Malakite
12-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Watching episodes online isn't a realistic option for me (I'm on dial-up). Clone Wars is probably another show I'd also have trouble deciding to watch in this case if my hand wasn't forced on that matter already (don't have cable/satellite, only broadcast).

dr_evazan22
01-21-2011, 09:41 PM
A nice little nod to another of my fav shows of yester-year, Twin Peaks.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-23-2011, 10:39 PM
I ended up forgetting about it on Friday, and just watched it online now. Pretty good episode.

jonthejedi
01-24-2011, 03:12 AM
It was a good, solid ep. with more teases of things to come. Plus, it was good to see the Observers back. Not crazy about the new Friday slot, either.

RooJay
01-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Great episode! Friday doesn't bother me in the least - they could put Fringe on any night, and I'm watching! Anyone care to chime in as to why they don't care for the Friday slot? Feel like I'm missing something there.

sith_killer_99
01-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Great episode! Friday doesn't bother me in the least - they could put Fringe on any night, and I'm watching! Anyone care to chime in as to why they don't care for the Friday slot? Feel like I'm missing something there.

Friday nights are generally considered a death kneel for television shows. Fewer viewers overall on Friday nights because that's the end of the week and usually when people go out as opposed to staying home to watch television.

I just set all my shows to DVR and watch 'em when I want.

JEDIpartner
01-24-2011, 11:45 AM
...but strangely enough, Fringe got a slight bump in its ratings over its last few Thursday night airings before the break. Hopefully, they will be able to maintain that and the show will get its fourth and final season.

J.J. Abrams had said that, should this be the final season, they could wrap up the storylines, but it would seem rushed. He admits that they could definitely do that, but that this show is about the characters and not strictly about the plot. I love this man.

Fox stated that they could cancel this show if the ratings didn't either go up or remain where they are. Since they got a slight bump, I'm hoping that they renew it for one last season so we get a proper and NOT RUSHED ending to this amazing series!

I hate that things got moved around the schedule because of the clearly faltering American Idol.

Lord Malakite
01-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Anyone care to chime in as to why they don't care for the Friday slot?
I think my above post made it clear why I don't care for it all that much. Too many shows I like are on at the same exact time (Supernatural, Fringe, CSI NY, etc.) without any means to watch them all. I have a VHS to record one show while I watch another but no DVR for multiple show records. I'm also on dial-up, so that limits the "internet viewing option" due to the download times for episodes being unreasonable.

OC47150
01-24-2011, 07:39 PM
I ended up forgetting about it on Friday, and just watched it online now. Pretty good episode.

Fox also reairs it at 11 p.m. Saturdays. At least for now. Since Mad TV and the other talk show are gone, there's nothing else to air in that time slot 'cept reruns.

JEDIpartner
03-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Renewed for season four!!!!
:thumbsup:

OC47150
03-25-2011, 07:56 PM
I thought Anna Torv was channeling a little Kate Hepburn with the Bell voice in last week's ep.

Good news about season 4.

Darth Metalmute
03-25-2011, 10:23 PM
The better this show gets, the creepier it gets. Tonight's episode was great.

OC47150
03-26-2011, 11:44 AM
And I thought Ellie's pregnancy on Chuck was the quickest on TV! Good ep.

sith_killer_99
03-26-2011, 01:29 PM
And I thought Ellie's pregnancy on Chuck was the quickest on TV! Good ep.

lol Yeah, that was pretty quick.

I saw the end coming though, I told my wife and she was like "That doesn't make any sense." lol

jonthejedi
03-27-2011, 04:11 AM
I thought this season was one of the best....glad to find out about the renewal. Now if Fox could move it back to its original night.

JEDIpartner
03-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Fox reports that, despite the cost and the low numbers the show is drawing, this show is getting the highest numbers of any show they've had in this time slot and on this day in YEARS. So, I think it's going to remain on Friday night.

I am curious to see if the pregnancy acceleration was done to forward the storyline in the event they didn't get picked up for season four.

Darth Metalmute
03-29-2011, 07:31 AM
I am curious to see if the pregnancy acceleration was done to forward the storyline in the event they didn't get picked up for season four.

I have read they had a series closure had they not been renewed unlike how T:SSC ended. However, I doubt the accelerated her pregnancy for that. It's been known early on that her family had that disease that would kill either the mother or the child since alternate Olivia has the mom, and regular Olivia has the sister.

JEDIpartner
05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
AMAZING episode this week!! That trip into the future and the whole look into the "where are they now" of it was quite cool.

I can't say too much here right now since there are spoilers a-plenty! Someone please chime in so we can chat about it!!!!!

:eek:

Darth Metalmute
05-10-2011, 10:05 PM
It had ups and downs. When they jumped 15 years ahead, I thought, "Why does JJ. Abrams and Roberto Orci always play with time travel?" I was very disappointed the way they handled the "first people" revelation. For being as important as it was, it basically took a back seat to the story... and it was the story. What a cliffhanger they left though!

JEDIpartner
05-11-2011, 12:11 PM
I know... I wonder if that was done so that Joshua Jackson could start and finish filming UFO.

Darth Metalmute
09-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Spoilers!

>>Why is there two Broyles? I know alternate Broyles was killed. Is this possibly another universe?<<

sith_killer_99
10-01-2011, 04:59 PM
We have to remember here that a lot of things have changed due to Peter never existing, some characters are back who were killed, some characters are being pulled in, histories have changed on both sides here.

OC47150
10-02-2011, 06:25 PM
I missed the first ep of the season (have to go online and watch) but both Fringe groups are working together?

JEDIpartner
02-21-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm really enjoying this season. Is this a third universe or is this the original universe that had changed after Peter was "erased" from this timeline?

I'm looking forward to the episode focusing on the Observers this week. It looks pretty intense in terms of the show's mythology.

LOVED last week's episode with the misdiagnosis of schizophrenia when the kid actually had a psychic connection to others with his genetic code. As usual, Astrid brought her big, warm, fuzzy compassion to the episode. I love Astrid. Love. Her.

RooJay
02-22-2012, 02:41 AM
I'm leaning more and more towards this being the original universe after Peter was erased. I think he desperately wants it to be a different universe because he doesn't want to believe that he's been erased.

OC47150
02-22-2012, 02:03 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the ep where the alternative universe Astrid came over for a visit. Friday nite's ep is the last new one until April.

Lord Malakite
02-22-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm really enjoying this season. Is this a third universe or is this the original universe that had changed after Peter was "erased" from this timeline?
Kind of hard to say at this point what the plan is. The first three seasons dealt with two parallel/alternate universes. This season deals with a parallel/alternate timeline of those two parallel/alternate universes. Yet there hasn't really been a clear explanation as to what constitutes the difference between a parallel/alternate timeline and a parallel/alternate universe. So the way I see it they can go two different routes. Restore Peter's existence to the timeline, thus everything goes back to the way it was prior to Peter disappearance (memories, who is alive/dead, etc.). Or they can restore Peter and now have four worlds merged together to deal with.

Thus we could have four Walters (Walter, Alter Walter, Walternate, Alter Walternate), four Olivias (Olivia, Altlivia, Folivia, Altfoliva) and so on. :p

JEDIpartner
02-23-2012, 02:25 PM
One of the big things that leads me to think that there are only two universes at the moment is that there's only one crossover point as opposed to a second one going into the universe in which we first started.

OC47150
04-26-2012, 07:22 PM
It's been renewed for a final, 13-ep season.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/04/fringe-renewed-for-final-season-with-13-episodes.html

Darth Metalmute
04-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Awesome, but now they have two cliffhangers to clean up.

Slicker
05-03-2012, 11:46 PM
I just started watching this show over here. I've watched all the way up through the middle of season 4 but can't find the last half of it on base!!! It's a very good show but, I must admit, season 1 was by far my favorite since I kinda liked the House/X-Files feel of the new diseases and such.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-12-2012, 01:15 AM
I always wondered about those images in the intro (seahorse, apple, frog, etc.). This was the first episode that I am aware that used them in the episode. I wonder if this was something they had in mind all along, and/or if there will be any further use or explanation of them.

OC47150
11-12-2012, 07:30 AM
I always wondered about those images in the intro (seahorse, apple, frog, etc.). This was the first episode that I am aware that used them in the episode. I wonder if this was something they had in mind all along, and/or if there will be any further use or explanation of them.

I wondered that, too.

DarkKnight4516
11-12-2012, 09:38 AM

Theres an app you can get for your phone to decode them, theyve always been in between the commercials since season 1. They make up words. they look like there are only 4 or 5 but the dot placement changes and the app shows you the word thats the deeper theme of the episode.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Theres an app you can get for your phone to decode them, theyve always been in between the commercials since season 1. They make up words. they look like there are only 4 or 5 but the dot placement changes and the app shows you the word thats the deeper theme of the episode.Yes, I have noticed them at the commercial breaks, and did wonder if the locations of the dots meant something. Perhaps I will look into the app.

QLD
12-06-2012, 10:13 PM
I have loved this show since it first aired, and it is one of the few shows I still watch religiously. But this season, while still enjoyable, just feels like a completely different show.

Darth Metalmute
12-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Agreed. It's not the same. no mysteries to solve.

OC47150
12-08-2012, 05:44 PM
I have loved this show since it first aired, and it is one of the few shows I still watch religiously. But this season, while still enjoyable, just feels like a completely different show.

The show jumped the shark when it jumped into the future. When shows do this, it's like the producers and writers don't know what to do. It's a pet peeve with me. But I will stick the show out; I'm interested to see how it wraps up.

BTW, I noticed little fetuses in the sliced apple core last night.

Darth Metalmute
12-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Five episodes to go and my cable provider pulls fox from the lineup.

OC47150
12-12-2012, 09:51 PM
That just plain sucks! But I'd be willing to bet that will change. Too many people will complain about missing American Idol, when it returns.

Darth Metalmute
12-12-2012, 10:17 PM
It will, just probably not in time for Friday's Fringe... It will be back probably Sunday around 1:30 when everyone misses the start of the Browns game.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Looks like the Fox website has episodes available, though you might have to wait 8 days:

"You can unlock the latest full episode now by signing in to FOX.com and then connecting to a participating TV provider account; otherwise, episodes are available for viewing 8 days after the airdate."

OC47150
12-13-2012, 07:25 PM
It will, just probably not in time for Friday's Fringe... It will be back probably Sunday around 1:30 when everyone misses the start of the Browns game.

My local cable company played that game this summer with the CBS affilitate. The blackout lasted two weeks. But I hope for the best for you.

Lord Malakite
12-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Five episodes to go and my cable provider pulls fox from the lineup.

That just plain sucks! But I'd be willing to bet that will change. Too many people will complain about missing American Idol, when it returns.

My local cable company played that game this summer with the CBS affilitate. The blackout lasted two weeks. But I hope for the best for you.

Maybe I'm not thinking it entirely through, but what is preventing you from just flipping your TV's settings from "cable/satellite" to regular "over-the-air" antenna to watch FOX? I used to do that when I was in college and the dorm's cable was out.

Darth Metalmute
12-13-2012, 09:34 PM
I've been meaning to try that, but I think when they switched the signal it did away with that.

OC47150
12-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Nice to see Walter tripping again.

Lord Malakite
12-15-2012, 07:17 PM
I've been meaning to try that, but I think when they switched the signal it did away with that.
That would be partially true if you are currently using an older model analog signal TV. If that is the case the issue could easily be resolved with either a digital converter box or a newer flat screen model TV (which should have built-in digital).

Nice to see Walter tripping again.
Liked the Monty Python stuff.

OC47150
01-09-2013, 08:43 AM
The latest TV Guide has a nice article about the finale. No spoilers included, which was nice.

OC47150
01-19-2013, 10:36 AM
I can say I stuck it out to the end. Thought most of the storylines were wrapped up well, but I wondered if they were gonna do it in time. Lot of stuff crammed into two hours. Kept thinking, though, that one of the main characters was going to get it in the end.

Love the 'they float' and checking alternate Olivia's *** out lines. Nice to see the alternate universe addressed one last time. Kinda missed the alt-Liv; she was kinda hot.

Lord Malakite
01-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Overall not a bad ending, but it felt like it was lacking something.

Darth Metalmute
01-28-2013, 08:22 AM
I finally got caught up. I couldn't believe they were able to wrap everything up, but they came close to it. I still have unanswered questions, but they are not as important enough to worry about. The ending did feel kind of like something was missing, but Peter's look was almost as if there's a possibility for more to come.