PDA

View Full Version : Hasbrotoyshop cancellation: What the...?!?

El Chuxter
09-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Someone at Hasbro is smoking crack.

Back on August 5, I went to hasbrotoyshop.com, and some of the ROTS figures were available for preorder. I ordered the four I wanted (Breha, Bail, Grievous, and FX-6). It said they'd ship sometime in October.

I just got an e-mail this morning that all four were no longer available "due to high demand."

Oddly, they're all listed on the site as "coming soon."

Anyone else have this happen?

Kidhuman
09-12-2008, 07:20 PM
I got the same email, but the order has not been canceled or anything. I had the whole wave on order from them

El Chuxter
09-13-2008, 02:24 AM
I checked my order status, and they were all canceled. :(

I guess if Hasbro wants me to spend my $7 elsewhere, I can oblige them. Not like those four will be flying off shelves....

UKWildcat
09-13-2008, 03:05 AM
It is probably for the better, you guys are too old to be spending money on plastic toys. ;)

Kidhuman
09-13-2008, 06:45 AM
I checked my order status, and they were all canceled. :(

I guess if Hasbro wants me to spend my $7 elsewhere, I can oblige them. Not like those four will be flying off shelves....

Mine still says not shipped. :confused:

figrin bran
09-14-2008, 01:45 AM
I've had a few orders cancelled by them. However, in those emails, it stated that if I still wished to order those items, I needed to reply. Otherwise they would be cancelled. As I found those figures (Legacy wave 2) at retail, I felt no need to continue with the order.

Kidhuman
09-20-2008, 09:48 PM
I went in and looked at the whole order and they canceled 5/6 figures from that wave. The only one stil pending is Stass Allie. I will cancel that on Monday. I was looking at the status prior

El Chuxter
09-24-2008, 12:41 AM
So now they cancelled the Cobra Python Patrol Officer I ordered in May. It's listed as in-stock. They're smoking crack. This time I wrote them back and told them that it's ridiculous they tell me something is "no longer available" when it's still actually in stock!

Yeah, I don't think I'm messing with them again anytime soon. This is ridiculous.

figrin bran
09-24-2008, 01:55 AM
Just this week alone, I've experienced both sides of the coin from HTS. Last week, I ordered TF Animated Swoop and Sentinel Prime as they were "in stock". Got a shipping notice within a day or two and received both of them yesterday.

However, today I just got notice that the Cobra Viper I ordered months ago is no longer available and my order was cancelled. However, said Cobra Viper is "in stock" currently.

Ever since they had that system "upgrade" a few months ago, their service has become even worse than before.

Blue2th
09-24-2008, 02:18 AM
I just got a notice of cancellation today of the Cobra Officer I ordered about two months ago was no longer available, yet it shows it as in stock. Yeah they must be smoking crack.
That's ok I already got him a long time ago and now he is peg warming all over the place.

El Chuxter
09-24-2008, 01:11 PM
I got a response back that my issue was being forwarded to management. I'll let them know that I know of two other people with the same issue, but also know people who received their Cobra Officers this week.

Luckily, I picked up the fella Friday, just in case, since he'd been pushed back so many times.

JediTricks
09-25-2008, 07:49 PM
I wonder if it's that pricing changed or an item number changed, something stupid like that.

El Chuxter
09-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Everything was exactly the same. I verified it first, and pointed this out in the e-mail.

No response from "management" yet.

Kidhuman
09-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Well, the reason why wave 4 was canceled is because they raised the pries to 7.99 and they were 6.99 . F them I wont use them, cant even honor their own mistake

mtriv73
09-26-2008, 04:21 PM
I got the same cancellation notice. They said it was due to the items being foil carded and foil cards were not available any longer. I told them that was complete bull excrement that first day of issue wasn't mentioned anywhere in the listing. The only figure they didn't cancel was adi galia which I had to call and cancel myself since I wasn't paying $6 in shipping for 1 figure.

HTS does not know how to handle pre-orders. If their entire business was run like their online retail unit, they'd be out of business in a year.

pbarnard
09-26-2008, 05:06 PM
HTS does not know how to handle pre-orders. If their entire business was run like their online retail unit, they'd be out of business in a year.

Does this suprise anyone? They manufacture stuff, they don't do retail. Whoever they contracted out for this are the ones that can't manage the inventory. It is like if Target and Wal-Mart all of the sudden wanted to go into making ready to assemble furniture. It would be a disaster. I do like the convience factor though that I don't have to drive, there usually is a quarter long code for at least 10% off, and the only time I ever had any problems was with the GI Joe DVD sets, and that was taken care of in 2 messages.

El Chuxter
12-21-2008, 02:35 PM
So I never got any response about the Cobra Officer issue, despite following up with them. Their customer service blows.

I placed an order on 12/12 for several Transformers and GIJoes (Inferno, Brawn, Beachcomber, Hard Master/Snake Eyes, Beach Head/Mainframe) as well as a Softimus Prime for a gift. Everything was listed as expected to ship on 12/13.

I got a shipping confirmation on 12/15 for everything except Inferno. I received Inferno yesterday. No packing list or anything. I got the shipping confirmation later in the day.

Inferno went FedEx for some reason, while the others went USPS. I just checked the tracking, and they didn't notify the post office of the shipment until 12/20? :eek:

Between this fiasco (in which, unless the post office's tracking is messed up, which is sometimes the case, I won't have the present by Wednesday), the massive botching of the Cobra Officer, and what I just read on TFW2005.com's forums about MASSIVE clusterfudges with people receiving wrong items or extra items, and shipments going to the wrong people, I'm done with them.

Saving a buck or two is not worth this hassle.

pbarnard, other manufacturers sell direct and have little or no problems. Especially for a toy retailer at Christmas, this is pretty inexcusable. The only online retailer I know of who routinely botches things on this scale and stays in business is Overstock.com, which I understand is essentially bleeding money but funded by an insanely rich owner.

Kidhuman
12-30-2008, 10:26 AM
I also had an order for wave 4 canceled with them after I reordered it and no explanation why. They are really irritating the heck out of me