PDA

View Full Version : Wave 2 found

Bib Un-Fortuna
09-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Found the Ahsoka wave at my local (Medford, Long Island, NY) Target today (my birthday, by coincidence?). I am a MOC collector, so I did not open any of them. Overall . . .

Ahsoka looks okay, face is a bit off but overall good (Huttling looks cool)

The 2 clones look . . . well, like Clones. After all the versions Hasbro has released, they've basically got it down cold

The SBD looks very cool, much darker than the non-animated versions & a bit bulkier, which I think fits the character well.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/JBLynchVI/P9120001.jpg

Happy hunting

Battle Droid
09-12-2008, 09:59 PM
What kind of articulation does the SBD have?

Bib Un-Fortuna
09-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Hard to tell, since I don't open them, but it looks like shoulders, elbows, hips, and possibly (but I doubt it) ankles. No ball joints on anything, which means you cannot turn the arms to shoot like it does in the movie or like it is pictured on the front! The legs are very skinny, which is how they are in the toon, which is why there is no knee articulation.

So it looks great, but best at just standing there.

JediTricks
09-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Nice find, congrats!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-14-2008, 05:33 PM
any chance you could post some of the UPC's from the figures so i can try to track them down that way?

Great find though! :thumbsup:

Bib Un-Fortuna
09-15-2008, 09:12 AM
any chance you could post some of the UPC's from the figures so i can try to track them down that way?

I'm working now - I'll get to it tonight when I get home.

cookiemonster
09-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Congrats on finding these, I had the Super Battle Droid in my hand on Friday but put it back, I dont like Target's prices, if it had been in WalMart then I would have got it, I actually went looking for a Commander Fox (I was told they were on sale for 6.48, just my luck none there).

Artbp7
09-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Great Score I just hope The target around me has them

jamesbondo07
09-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Found this wave today too. Only picked up the Ahsoka Tano. I passes on the rest. I'm not a real big fan of the animated clones.

jamesbondo07
09-15-2008, 08:38 PM

Ahsoka Tano is 653569332138

Neuroleptic
09-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Is this the wave that the animated version of C-3PO is in? If so I need to start checking the shelvs more regularly. He's one of only two figures I plan to buy the rest of the year.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Ahsoka Tano is 653569332138

awesome! Many thanks!!

Is this the wave that the animated version of C-3PO is in? If so I need to start checking the shelvs more regularly. He's one of only two figures I plan to buy the rest of the year.

No, according to my SW fall 2008 checklist animated C-3PO is due out in wave 3, which is due out at the end of the year. :thumbsup:

cookiemonster
09-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Nope Wave 3 has C-3PO in it, like JMG said.:thumbsup:

DarkArtist
09-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Found Wave 2 this morning in Walmart of Old Bridge. picked up an extra Oddball, hope to find another 2 for troop building.

i have to say Asohka looks really good for a figure and can possible even work as a figure for the realistic style Star Wars characters as well. might have to see what see looks like next to an AOTC Anakin or ROTS Anakin.

picked up an extra one of her for my wife, she fell in love with Jabba's son "Stinky" so i figured i'd get one for her office.

TheRealDubya
09-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Grabbed a Cody, SBD and Oddball today -- they're awesome. No sign of Ahsoka. Can't wait for Wave 3.

Thunderbird
09-18-2008, 09:48 PM
What kind of articulation does the SBD have?

I just found this wave this moring and pick up a couple of sets. The SBD has more articulation that I thought it would (waist, elbows, hips, Elbow rotate, and shoulders are ball joint but not alot of range.)

I also found the next wave of Legends, (BARC Trooper, ARC Trooper and a bunch of stuff from last year.)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Finally found Oddball, Cody, and Ahsoka this afternoon at Target. I like all of them although I will say that Ahsoka looks to be a tad small and fraile, but since i'm a MOC collector, I guess it doesn't matter.

cookiemonster
09-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Still trying to locate these buggers, its worse than trying to find a dry spot on a Hutt.

Battle Droid
09-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Ditto to that.

Blue2th
09-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Well after not buying any of the animated figures, I broke down and bought Ashoka, Cody, Oddball, and a 501st Clone the other day. Cody looks really nice with more articulation than you would expect from these figures, plus a removable helmet. I skipped the SBD, but I'll get him later, along with some from wave 1 that are everywhere.

I've been jonesing for figures, and I did buy all the animated figures from Clone Wars 1.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Grabbed a Cody, SBD and Oddball today -- they're awesome. No sign of Ahsoka. Can't wait for Wave 3.These are the only ones I've found so far as well.

I just found this wave this moring and pick up a couple of sets. The SBD has more articulation that I thought it would (waist, elbows, hips, Elbow rotate, and shoulders are ball joint but not alot of range.)
That's what I noticed on it as well. The way the shoulder is designed you can't really utilize the ball joint much at all.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Well after not buying any of the animated figures, I broke down and bought Ashoka, Cody, Oddball, and a 501st Clone the other day. Cody looks really nice with more articulation than you would expect from these figures, plus a removable helmet. I skipped the SBD, but I'll get him later, along with some from wave 1 that are everywhere.

I've been jonesing for figures, and I did buy all the animated figures from Clone Wars 1.
Cody actually has the exact articulation you should expect from this line, since all the clones have the same body (or variations of it) and the first ones came out two months ago. :D

Blue2th
09-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Well I'm new to the line, but I kinda figured that was the case. I haven't opened my 501st's yet, or my AT-TE.

I'm getting enthused about the series, so I'm jumping on board.

tagmac
10-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Found the remnants of this wave in Target last week. Saw two Cody's and one each of Oddball and SBD. Since I'm not collecting the toon figures, I left them, but of course they had no Ahsokas left, which is the one that I AM considering buying since I doubt they'll ever make a "realistic" version of her.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-03-2008, 12:42 PM
I found this wave yesterday at a few different places, so it's definitely showing up more.

bigbarada
10-07-2008, 02:47 PM
I was down in Arkansas last weekend and I saw Oddball and the SBD at a Wal-Mart there. Oddball is kind of a boring figure, but that's mainly because I already have so many of the Clonetroopers and he's just a new helmet design.

I'm really happy about the Super Battle Droid. Probably the coolest version of that character made. Other than Commander Cody, though, I don't know of any other figures from this wave that I want.

Battle Droid
10-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Found Cody, and Oddball yesterday, no sign of Ahsoka or the SBD.

cookiemonster
10-07-2008, 06:00 PM
I am low, its the first time I have done it, I hid a figure, to pick up tomorrow (Ahsoka Tano), I be bad.:twisted::p:o

Snowtrooper
10-07-2008, 06:48 PM
My brother got me two SBD's the other day. I think I like this version better than the "realistic" one. It looks more menacing, like some kind of a big ape thats gonna kick your ***.

Blue2th
10-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I saw this wave at a Walmart today.

Picked up an extra Cody.
What's interesting is that the regular animated clone is now shipping clean, as well as the Captain Rex. So much for the mail-away exclusive Rex.
So I picked up a "clean" Rex and a "dirty" clone. I figured the dirty clones from wave 1 are going to disappear soon.

Mvader91
10-08-2008, 06:27 PM
I agree it is a very well done figure. looks identical to the show.

JediTricks
10-09-2008, 04:20 AM
Found a lone Super Battle Droid at Target today. This figure is TINY! It looks all tough and imposing right up until you put it next to any other Star Wars figure, then it looks like a bad joke. I picture a small squad of Clones seeing a couple coming in the distance and freaking out, then they get up close and the Clones laugh their butts off, then kick them over and shoot them in the face.

I do like the articulation, should be more in the legs though. The spring-loaded junk isn't too obtrusive, the removability is decent too. The hands should have been articulated though, I don't get that. My biggest complaint is that the wrist-mounted guns are REALLY poorly realized, no detail or shape, just flat extruded lines.

cookiemonster
10-10-2008, 07:24 AM
I have all of Wave 2 except Commander Cody, and if I can persuade the wife to get him today I will have him as well, which means all I would be waiting for is Wave 3, actually when is that Wave out anyone know.

I could look it up but I am being lazy.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Found a lone Super Battle Droid at Target today. This figure is TINY! It looks all tough and imposing right up until you put it next to any other Star Wars figure, then it looks like a bad joke. I picture a small squad of Clones seeing a couple coming in the distance and freaking out, then they get up close and the Clones laugh their butts off, then kick them over and shoot them in the face.

I do like the articulation, should be more in the legs though. The spring-loaded junk isn't too obtrusive, the removability is decent too. The hands should have been articulated though, I don't get that. My biggest complaint is that the wrist-mounted guns are REALLY poorly realized, no detail or shape, just flat extruded lines.
Huh? It doesn't look too small. (http://www.rebelscum.com/TCW/Basic/TCW-207.jpg)

Bib Un-Fortuna
10-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Well . . . if you assume that Wookiepedia info is accurate, then the clones should be about 1.83 meters tall, or about 6'. The SBDs are 1.93 meters tall, or about 6'4". I always thought they seemed taller too, but the difference is negligable, and when you shrink down to the size of the figs, its really a very minor difference.

JediTricks
10-13-2008, 03:42 AM
Huh? It doesn't look too small. (http://www.rebelscum.com/TCW/Basic/TCW-207.jpg)The clones are a little short, they're Jango's height. The SBDs are big and should be noticeably taller than clones, the non-CW ones are. The TAC stormtrooper figure is a bit taller than the CW SBD, that's not a good thing.

wickwire
10-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Been trying to grab a hold of a commander cody..is there anyone kind enough to post the DPCI? Tried calling the targets near my area but they couldn't give me any info unless I provided the dpci..which was I thought weird..A simple 'yes' or 'no' would suffice

TIA

cookiemonster
10-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Is this what your asking for Wickwire, if so here it is.:thumbsup:

UPC Number: 6 56569 33215 2

If not could it be this one.

Assortment Number: 87612/87638

DarkArtist
10-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I have 2 extra Ashoka Tano's if anyone needs one. got at TRU for $7.99. can be shipped either mint on card or loose. PM me if you're interested first come first served.

Battle Droid
11-24-2008, 03:58 PM
I finally found the Super Battle Droid today, AWESOME figure, well worth the wait!:D

JediTricks
11-30-2008, 04:23 AM
Cool pic! I wish I had started the pose-picture contest I had in mind a while back, that would have been a contender. But I haven't had time.

Still, very good use of the articulation in both.

Battle Droid
11-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks! :D

DarkArtist
11-30-2008, 10:21 AM
I finally found the Super Battle Droid today, AWESOME figure, well worth the wait!:D

nice work. very cool.

Battle Droid
11-30-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks! :D

Battle Droid
12-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I switched the TAC Super Battle Droid's legs with the Clone Wars's ones legs, and they fit perfectly.:D

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7561/sbdxi2.jpg

JediTricks
12-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Weird! And the regular figure looks so bizarre with those skinny CW legs.