PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sunday SUCKS!!!

sith_killer_99
09-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Let's see, about 2005 or so I started to get into a couple of shows on CBS Sunday nights. Cold Case was one of my favorites.

I noticed an annoying little quirk with time shifting. The shows NEVER seemed to be on at the correct time...20..25..35...45 minute late starts.

This made it impossible to tivo (or DVR).

Well, here we are in 2008 and the problem persists. I set Cold Case to record and was HORRIFIED to discover that I was recording "Big Brother 10". OMG is that stupid f'n lame arse show STILL on television. Invasion, Surface, Bionic Woman all canceled and this steaming turd is still sucking up air time...there is no justice on television!!!

Anyway, after all this time you would think that CBS could figure it out, they are the only ones I know of that just can't figure out how to program their own schedule and stick to it.

CBS...you SUCK!:Pirate:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Huh? I've never had that problem, except maybe when they show football games that run long. But that's really rare. Maybe your affiliate is the one that sucks?

sith_killer_99
09-14-2008, 11:22 PM
All I know is that when I lived in Kentucky back in 2005-2006 I noticed the problem.

Then when I got to Texas back in late 2006, I had the same problem with Time Warner. I am currently with DirecTV and last week...no Cold Case just some ugly chicks playing tennis. Now this week it's Big Brother.

Three different affiliates in two different states....hmmm. Probably not.

It may well be the football game today, but that doesn't explain last weeks tennis match. I mean...seriously...women's tennis...WOMEN'S TENNIS?!?!? WTF!:Pirate:

Rocketboy
09-14-2008, 11:39 PM
That's why they call it CBS, because all you see is B.S.*

*Old, bad joke courtesy of David Lettermen.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-15-2008, 12:04 AM
I'd vote that it's not just their Sunday that sucks, but their full 7 day program that sucks too. Too many cop shows, unoriginal comedies and a pretty uneven talk show host. Once they canned JERICHO, I refused to watch CBS and I haven't really since. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
09-15-2008, 05:26 PM
This doesn't happen very often on the west or east coast feeds, but as you're in the Central feed, you're suffering that stupid 7pm prime-time feed, right? So sports and events and coverage often run into it because the network doesn't want to just make all 4 time zones get their own feeds.

2-1B
09-15-2008, 11:59 PM
I watch their NFL games, even though it's the AFC network.

pbarnard
09-16-2008, 09:46 AM
This doesn't happen very often on the west or east coast feeds, but as you're in the Central feed, you're suffering that stupid 7pm prime-time feed, right? So sports and events and coverage often run into it because the network doesn't want to just make all 4 time zones get their own feeds.

Central shares the East coast feed. Usually why when the events end, the announcer goes, "coming up except on the West Coast, 60 minutes..." That means on Sundays, 60 Minutes would start at 6PM if no game runs into in the Central.

Qui-Long Gone
09-19-2008, 04:05 PM
CBS Sunday would be good if I didn't have to bear Houston games! It could be worse, I could be in Detroit or St. Louis!

Darth Jax
10-16-2008, 11:11 PM
CBS Sunday would be good if I didn't have to bear Houston games! It could be worse, I could be in Detroit or St. Louis!

It would be worse then, since CBS airs AFC and Fox airs NFC. Home games for det/stl would be shown and CBS would only get to show one game, not a double header so you'd be stuck watching carpy teams looking sloppier than high schoolers most of the time.