PDA

View Full Version : First Day of Issue Questions

FundingMyAddiction
09-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I placed an order back at the end of July on HasbroToyShop for most of The Legacy Collection with the first day of issue foil stickers on them. After going through the last month and a half of Hasbro sending me e-mails and saying if I don't call them, they'll cancel my order (and me calling them many times), I finally received an e-mail a couple of days ago saying they've discontinued the items outright and they have been canceled from everybody's order. I guess there was a manufacturing error.

After a quick search on eBay returned no results, I'm starting to wonder if ANY of these certain figures were produced. I found the entire Wave 1 of Clone Wars figures with 1st day of issue stickers fairly easily and soon after release. I also found quite a bit of The Legacy Collection with stickers too, but there are some figures I have NOT seen with the foil. Among them are Obi-Wan in his armor, Snowbunny Padme, Quarren Soldier, Mon Calamari Warrior, SCUBA Trooper, Quad Cannon trooper, and Saesee Tiin.

Have any of you actually seen these in a first day version? Or is it safe to say that most to all of them were never released with foil at all? That's the impression I'm getting. Which means that nobody is going to get a "complete" first day collection. It really makes me wonder how Hasbro could screw this up that badly.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I didn't see it anywhere I looked and obviously I just got the time to personally call Hasbro today.

JediTricks
09-15-2008, 06:37 PM
According to Hasbro's Q&A, only wave 1 of TLC and CW got done as First Day of Issue (and some Titaniums, but that's neither here nor there), so there shouldn't be any existences of wave 2 figures that way. That may have been a packaging mockup mistake.

bigbarada
09-15-2008, 07:25 PM
I would guess that wave 2 wasn't supposed to be on the shelves on 7/26, so it would be the stores' fault for putting the figures out too early and causing confusion among collectors.

FundingMyAddiction
09-15-2008, 07:35 PM
According to Hasbro's Q&A, only wave 1 of TLC and CW got done as First Day of Issue (and some Titaniums, but that's neither here nor there), so there shouldn't be any existences of wave 2 figures that way. That may have been a packaging mockup mistake.

Which makes sense. What got me was that Hasbro listed foil versions of every single Wave 2 figure on HasbroToyShop.com. They had special item numbers (ending in "F") and a picture of the item, which as you say, was probably just a mock-up. I wonder at which point their plans changed. If it had always been intended on just being Wave 1, they wouldn't have made mock-ups and listed them all over their site. At this point, I think they were planning on releasing Wave 2 with foil versions but for some reason could not get them pushed through the manufacturing plant/process. I guess the only way to confirm this would be to talk to someone at Hasbro who actually knows what's going on.

I would guess that wave 2 wasn't supposed to be on the shelves on 7/26, so it would be the stores' fault for putting the figures out too early and causing confusion among collectors.

I completely agree. It's been this way with A LOT of the release dates given by Hasbro for this new line.

JediTricks
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Wouldn't be a problem to do it at the manufacturing end, it's just swapping out one type of bubble and card for another - they already do this for the foreign market. The issue I think has to be on the planning end, and I'm fairly confident they always intended it to just be wave 1.