PDA

View Full Version : PS3, XBOX 360 emulators

scruffziller
09-17-2008, 10:56 AM
I wondered if anyone out there knows of a good emulator program for either system's games.

TheCivilCollector
09-19-2008, 11:56 PM
I wondered if anyone out there knows of a good emulator program for either system's games.

I don't think there are any PS3/360 emulators out there. (at least none that I can find) I'd think those systems are still a little too powerful to be emulated properly.

Last I checked, PSX and N64 emulators are about the newest you can run on a PC.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-20-2008, 02:05 AM
I don't think there are any PS3/360 emulators out there. (at least none that I can find) I'd think those systems are still a little too powerful to be emulated properly.

Last I checked, PSX and N64 emulators are about the newest you can run on a PC.
I would think there would be something for newer systems than that, because I recall trying a demo of a Playstation emulator years ago on my Mac.

TheCivilCollector
09-20-2008, 03:35 AM
Mmmmm... actually I looked around quite a bit for both of those (PS2 and XBox)

I couldn't find any that could play commercial games. They're most open-source projects people are doing.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Maybe a few years down the road. There are also Dreamcast emulators, but there are very, VERY slow.

JediTricks
09-22-2008, 08:01 PM
360 should be emulatable, it's running standard and near-standard PC parts, I believe (a 3ghz PowerPC Xenon processor is it's CPU). The PS3 however runs off the complex Cell Processor which would require a lot of power to emulate well, far beyond what's currently available, because the chip's behavior is novel.