PDA

View Full Version : Jodo Kast, poor man's Fett

pbarnard
09-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Jodo Kast is a concept that's been around a long time. He wears Mandolorian armor, and trades his wares on impersonating Boba Fett, or at least letting his targets infer he's Boba Fett. He has a green/yellow color scheme with a different symbol on the chest. According to West End Games, he frequently pairs up with a woman name Zadra.

This figure meets his standards, he's a poor man's Fett. Maide from what I can tell of a Sarlaac Battle Boba torso, and VOTC Fett legs, he's a marriage of parts that just doesn't work. The rocket on his jetpack enables the arms to be raised. Why hasbro didn't go their straight repaint and go with a VotC or even Animated or Evolutions based mold eludes me. They're better figures, and you don't have the odd little skirt hiding the narrowing of the legs.

The redeeming quality is the outstanding paint job Hasbro has done. Everything here matches all descriptions as well as a realism of comic portrayals of Kast.

The fig includes the BAD RA7 head as well. The neck joint just seems odd to me. I'll post pics of all after my wife gets back from China (in a month), so probably by than others will beat me too it.

Over all, if you're into the BAD, and why I was, don't know, you'll want this one. If you're into the Mando culture/Fett lore, get this one. If you're very into the EU get this one, but if you're just looking for a good figure with decent articulation and sculpting, you may want to pass.

Jayspawn
09-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Agreed, this figure is great until you take him out of the box. Hes an odd junkyard of parts. The paint job is awesome as noted above, but he doesn't stand because hes too top-heavy because of that stupid rocket gimmick. You need as action stand and he does very few cool poses. He does a few cool death poses if yer looking for Boba Fett to kill him.

Hasbro should have used a better existing Fett, Mando, or EE Exclusive molds. Have to give this figure a C-

DarkArtist
09-18-2008, 01:13 PM
i agreed with both of you as well. while i'm a huge supporter of the EU (can't get enough) and the build a droid series (very cool idea) i wish Hasbro did not drop the ball on this figure and used the VOTC Fett as the base for this figure.

i'm really shocked that Hasbro decided to single card this figure in a regular wave and not just give us a cool comic pack of "Twin Engines of Destruction" with both Jodo and Boba that could have really rocked.:yes: oh well i have a feeling Hasbro will eventually get around to giving us a comic pack of this and hopefully by then will give us an updated SA Jodo to battle the SA Fett

electricidad
09-18-2008, 01:56 PM
The mismatch of parts, though, worked for me. Frankly, he could have turned out worse.

The paint job is fantastic.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2008, 02:16 PM
From what I can tell, he's a repaint of the TSC Boba Fett, which was itself a reconfiguration of the VOTC Fett's legs and the 2003 Saga Fett's upper body, but with a more accurate rocket. So it IS a pre-existing body, but I'm betting most of you don't have him (I don't have either, actually).

pbarnard
09-18-2008, 02:21 PM
From what I can tell, he's a repaint of the TSC Boba Fett, which was itself a reconfiguration of the VOTC Fett's legs and the 2003 Saga Fett's upper body, but with a more accurate rocket. So it IS a pre-existing body, but I'm betting most of you don't have him (I don't have either, actually).

I maybe wrong on the parts, but I think we're both close, but he almost suffers from VOTC Han Solo legs. His upper body is acceptable, and the legs, while more articulated and probably from the better figure, narrow greatly making him slightly deformed.