PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual 2008 SSG October Halloween Horror Movie Challenge!

UKWildcat
09-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Welcome to the Second Annual (2008) SirStevesGuide October Halloween Horror Movie Challenge!!! All members are encouraged to participate!

Here is a link to last year's (2007) challenge (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=36191).

The rules are simple:

Watch any feature length horror movie between the month of October (1st-31st) and post your results here; with each entry including the day watched, the movie's title, and listed in numerical order. This is the basic format, please see the example below. Feel free to add your own comments about each movie watched, the year it was released, who starred in the film, and other miscellaneous information, if you so desire.

The qualifications are fairly flexible, with the only requirement being that the film is a horror movie in some aspect, whether it be a straight up Horror Movie (like Halloween), a Horror/Comedy (like Shaun of the Dead) or a Sci/Fi Horror movie (like Alien). There is definitely some flexibility here; common sense should be used. Movies like Transformers (you know who you guys are) and Billy Madison/The Fox and the Hound (Chux) DO NOT COUNT! ;)

Example:

October 1st
1. Halloween [- (year) - comments, etc, if you want!]

October 2nd
2. Shaun of the Dead [- (year) - comments, etc]
3. Alien [- (year) - comments, etc]

That pretty much sums it up. Most of you should be familiar with these challenges by now, but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. As of now, this challenge is purely for fun, but other (future) challenges may include prizes!

Again, the challenge will start on October 1st (@ 12:00am), in approximately one week, and will run until the 31st. Any movie started before 12:00 am on the 31st, but ends thereafter, will count!

Have fun!!!

:thumbsup:

UKWildcat
09-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Last year my goal was 31, one per day, and I ended up watching 39. Not too shabby. This year I am going to set my goal a bit higher, and go with 40. I am going to try and watch a good chuck of movies that I haven't seen yet, some films from the Mario Bava box sets, a few Argento films I need to catch up on, some newer releases, and etc. Then there are the classics that I'll definitely have to watch at some point (Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dawn of the Dead, and etc). I'm looking forward to the challenge as I haven't watched very many horror movies since the last one (which is unusual). :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
cool idea. count me in.

Halloween is my all time favorite holiday and I'm always up for a good scare.

JetsAndHeels
09-23-2008, 05:33 PM
I cannot remember if I was part of this last year, but I am definately in for 2008.

UKWildcat
09-23-2008, 05:59 PM
You participated last year JAH, but it looks like you stopped about half way through.

I meant to provide a link in the first post to last years thread, but I completely forgot. So, without further ado, here is a link to last year's challenge (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=36191).

EDIT: I added the link up there too. Forgot about the good old EDIT function.

Darth Jax
09-23-2008, 09:07 PM
I didn't participate last year cuz the girlfriend ain't much into horror. That hasn't changed, but i shall give it a go this year.

UKWildcat
09-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Well I hope you get to watch at least a couple of movies Darth Jax. :p ;)

Just a few more days until the challenge starts...

DarthQuack, General Grievous, 2-1B, Ji'dai and others, where ya at? :D

Ji'dai
09-29-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm in for this year! Anyway, I hope to do better than the meager 17 horror movies I screened last October.

UKWildcat
09-30-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm in for this year! Anyway, I hope to do better than the meager 17 horror movies I screened last October.

Sweet!!! Glad you saw this thread and are going to participate in the challenge Ji'dai! :thumbsup:

Alright, so the challenge has officially started here on the East Coast.

Gonna start this thing off with a good one. :D

DarthQuack
10-01-2008, 06:44 AM
Not sure if I'm in it this time around, I'll be out of town for 4-5 days, so we'll see what happens.

DarkArtist
10-01-2008, 11:22 AM
well here goes:

October 1st 2008

Shadow of the Vampire (2000) - starring John Malkovich and William Dafoe

movie follows the filming of the great classic German Silent film "Nosferatu-Eine Symphonie des Grauens" or Nosferatu - a Symphony of Horror. the movie deals with the fact that many people belived the original actor was really a vampire and that's why his performance was amazingly scary. William Dafoe captures the original actor moments brillantly and the movie while no so much scary as it is eerie delivers. (makes me want to watch the original Nosferatu)

overall I would give it a B.

UKWildcat
10-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Not sure if I'm in it this time around, I'll be out of town for 4-5 days, so we'll see what happens.

Well I hope you can participate, if even only in a limited fashion. I will be leaving town for a few days as well, so I'm pretty sure I will not reach my goal of 40. I'm still gonna try though.

Shadow of the Vampire (2000) - starring John Malkovich and William Dafoe

movie follows the filming of the great classic German Silent film "Nosferatu-Eine Symphonie des Grauens" or Nosferatu - a Symphony of Horror. the movie deals with the fact that many people belived the original actor was really a vampire and that's why his performance was amazingly scary. William Dafoe captures the original actor moments brillantly and the movie while no so much scary as it is eerie delivers. (makes me want to watch the original Nosferatu)

overall I would give it a B.

Never seen that one before. Gonna have to check it out.

UKWildcat
10-01-2008, 01:05 PM
October 1st
1. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - Awesome movie... classic! This is one of the only movies to give me nightmares as a kid; Tina in that bag being dragged through the hallway... :eek:

JetsAndHeels
10-01-2008, 07:48 PM
October 1st

1. Currently watching the first "Saw" movie. I am greatly anticipating the 5th installment later this month.

Kidhuman
10-01-2008, 10:06 PM
October 1st

Aliens 3
Saw 3

Darth Jax
10-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Zombies to get things going for me.

October 1st -
1. Night of the Living Dead

Ji'dai
10-02-2008, 05:46 AM
October 1
1. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) - wholesome teens Brad & Janet are corrupted at mad scientist/sweet transvestite Dr. Fank-N-Furter's castle

UKWildcat
10-02-2008, 10:43 AM
October 1st
1. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - Awesome movie... classic! This is one of the only movies to give me nightmares as a kid; Tina in that bag being dragged through the hallway... :eek:

October 2nd
2. Jeepers Creepers (2001) - Not a bad movie. The first half is really good actually, then it takes a turn to mediocre town. Still enjoyable though.
3. Jeepers Creepers II (2003) - Meh, not a very worthy sequel. The first one is much better.

Darth Jax
10-02-2008, 09:55 PM
October 2nd
2. Dawn of the Dead

1. Night of the Living Dead - going original Romero to get things started.

UKWildcat
10-02-2008, 11:15 PM
You are off to an awesome start Jax. Most impressive! Let me guess what is next.... ... .. . Day of the Dead? ;)

Kidhuman
10-03-2008, 02:10 AM
October 1st

Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd

28 Days Later

electricidad
10-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Oct. 2--The Mummy Returns

And my goodness, a computer-generated Rock looks terribly fake.

Maradona
10-03-2008, 03:24 PM
For the first time in my career, I'm teaching a film class this year. Long story short, the art department at my high school was cut due to budget problems, so the administration mined the faculty to se who could teach anything "arty." Knowing that I organize the school's film festival each year, they approached me and I accepted. October is horror month for the class so we are watching a film a day and my students are doing exactly what this thread requests.

Oct. 1
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Robert Wiene (1919)
The kids all seemed to recognize how the "emo" craze has part of its roots in the film, which has amazing sets and eeire intertitles.

Oct. 2
Nosferatu, FW Murnau (1922)
The kids were a little apprehensive at the film's slow start, but drew into it as soon as Max Schreck appeared. This film set the stage for so much to come...

UKWildcat
10-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Very cool Maradona! I can't wait to see what else you and your class watches. :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
10-03-2008, 03:54 PM
double post

UKWildcat
10-03-2008, 09:18 PM
October 1st

October 2nd
2. Jeepers Creepers (2001) - Not a bad movie. The first half is really good actually, then it takes a turn to mediocre town. Still enjoyable though.
3. Jeepers Creepers II (2003) - Meh, not a very worthy sequel. The first one is much better.

October 3rd
4. Candyman (1992) - "Helen"
5. Critters (1986) - When the wife asks what is in the basement... "I don't know. Something meaner than hell" lol

Ji'dai
10-03-2008, 10:21 PM
October 1
1. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) - wholesome teens Brad & Janet are corrupted at mad scientist, sweet transvestite Dr. Fank-N-Furter's castle

October 2
2. Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933) - lovely Fay Wray is coveted by the new wax museum owner, who uses fresh corpses to fill his collection

October 3
3. Constantine (2005) - Hellblazer John Constantine stops Lucifer's offspring from inheriting the earth

Kidhuman
10-03-2008, 10:31 PM
October 1st

Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd

28 Days Later

October 3rd

Candyman

UKWildcat
10-03-2008, 11:05 PM
October 3rd

Candyman

Nice!!! We both took that one down today. :D

And I'll definitely take down 28 Days/Weeks Later back to back one day. Lookin' forward to it. :thumbsup:

Darth Jax
10-04-2008, 06:10 AM
You are off to an awesome start Jax. Most impressive! Let me guess what is next.... ... .. . Day of the Dead? ;)

as someone was able to guess...

October 3 -
3. Day of the Dead

2. Dawn
1. Night

and with a little bit of luck i'll finish Romero's zombie flicks and move on to other fare this weekend.

Kidhuman
10-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Nice!!! We both took that one down today. :D

And I'll definitely take down 28 Days/Weeks Later back to back one day. Lookin' forward to it. :thumbsup:

I saw it on one of the movie channels and was like HELL Yeah!!.

I have Cloverfield for today.

Darth Jax
10-04-2008, 08:53 PM
October 4 -
4. Land of the Dead

3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

UKWildcat
10-04-2008, 10:00 PM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd
5. Critters (1986) - When the wife asks what is in the basement... "I don't know. Something meaner than hell" lol

October 4th
6. Hellraiser (1987) - Awesome movie. Probably Clive Barker's best work.

Kidhuman
10-05-2008, 05:36 AM
October 1st

Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd

28 Days Later

October 3rd

Candyman

October 4th

Cloverfield

JetsAndHeels
10-05-2008, 08:20 AM
October 1st
Saw
October 3rd
Ghost Walk and tour in Gettysburg :)
October 4th
Tales from the Crypt presents: Bordello of Blood

Ji'dai
10-05-2008, 09:00 AM
October 1
1. The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) - wholesome teens Brad & Janet are corrupted at mad scientist, sweet transvestite Dr. Fank-N-Furter's castle

October 2
2. Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933) - lovely Fay Wray is coveted by the new wax museum owner, who uses fresh corpses to fill his collection

October 3
3. Constantine (2005) - Hellblazer John Constantine stops Lucifer's offspring from inheriting the earth

October 4
4. The Creeping Terror (1964) - a small town deputy sheriff and his new bride help the military fight a giant crawling carnivorous space alien in one of the worst sci-fi monster movies I've ever seen!

Darth Jax
10-05-2008, 09:55 PM
October 5 -
5. Diary of the Dead

4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

time permitting i may get to some of the remakes (Dawn, Day, Zombi 2) or maybe a few of the Return of the Living Dead flicks, but i'm probably done with zombies now.

El Chuxter
10-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Anyone who watched a full episode of The Clone Wars should have it count as three movies for this list. 'Cause that's some scary, scary ****.

Ji'dai
10-06-2008, 05:35 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4
4. The Creeping Terror (1964) - a small town deputy sheriff and his new bride help the military fight a giant crawling carnivorous space alien in one of the worst sci-fi monster movies I've ever seen!

October 5
5. Don't Look in the Basement (1973) - the new nurse at a rural mental hospital discovers her new boss is actually one of the patients, having locked the real doctor in the cellar

mabudonicus
10-06-2008, 10:36 AM
October 5th- Jet Li in Unleashed
it is frightening to think that it cost money to make
:beard: Iso&Baws

The "ice cream scene" was insanely scary especially

Darth Jax
10-07-2008, 07:23 AM
October 6 -
Ghost Town, you'd think a movie about a town full of ghosts could be a horror flick, but you'd be wrong it falls more in the rom-com genre. the girlfriend still jumped twice though.

5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

Ji'dai
10-07-2008, 08:14 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5
5. Don't Look in the Basement (1973) - the new nurse at a rural mental hospital discovers her new boss is actually one of the patients, having locked the real doctor in the cellar

October 6
6. The Shining (1980) - The Overlook Hotel possesses its winter caretaker in order to claim the soul of the man's young son

UKWildcat
10-07-2008, 04:20 PM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th
7. The Howling (1981) - Easily one of the best werewolf movies out there.
8. Friday the 13th (1980) - Another classic. Still waiting on a US Uncut version though.

Kidhuman
10-07-2008, 09:59 PM
October 1st

Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd

28 Days Later

October 3rd

Candyman

October 4th

Cloverfield

October 6th

Saw

October 7th

E.T.(hey, its Aliens)

Darth Jax
10-07-2008, 10:58 PM
October 7 -
6. Friday the 13th - remember kiddies it ain't Jason killing all those nice camp counselors in the first one.

5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

JetsAndHeels
10-08-2008, 09:37 AM
October 1st
Saw
October 3rd
Ghost Walk and tour in Gettysburg
October 4th
October 7th
Jason Goes to Hell

UKWildcat
10-08-2008, 12:19 PM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th
8. Friday the 13th (1980) - Another classic. Still waiting on a US Uncut version though.

October 8th
9. The Descent (2005) - Outstanding movie, absolutely love it. One of the best horror movies to come out within the past few years.
10. The Fog (1980) - One of my favorite Carpenter films. Just awesome.
11. Eight Legged Freaks (2002) - Like Tremors but with Spiders and not nearly as good. Wuhrer and a Johansson are worth the viewing though.

Ji'dai
10-08-2008, 02:08 PM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6
6. The Shining (1980) - The Overlook Hotel possesses its winter caretaker in order to claim the soul of the man's young son

October 7
7. House of Wax (1953) - Burned and maimed in a fire, a sculptor (Vincent Price) uses fresh corpses dipped in wax to populate his new museum

Kidhuman
10-08-2008, 03:30 PM
October 1st
Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd
28 Days Later

October 3rd
Candyman

October 4th
Cloverfield

October 6th
Saw

October 7th
E.T.(hey, its Aliens)

October 8th
I am Legend

Ji'dai
10-08-2008, 08:45 PM
KH, I watched the same movie tonight!

October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6
6. The Shining (1980) - the Overlook Hotel possesses its winter caretaker in order to claim the soul of the man's young son

October 7
7. House of Wax (1953) - burned and maimed in a fire, a sculptor (Vincent Price) uses fresh corpses dipped in wax to populate his new museum

October 8
8. I Am Legend (2007) - an army doctor fights off hordes of vampires in post-apocalyptic New York City while working on a cure that could return them to normal

Maradona
10-08-2008, 10:46 PM
My 6th Period Film Class continues...

Oct. 1
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Robert Wiene (1919)
The kids all seemed to recognize how the "emo" craze has part of its roots in the film, which has amazing sets and eeire intertitles.

Oct. 2
Nosferatu, FW Murnau (1922)
The kids were a little apprehensive at the film's slow start, but drew into it as soon as Max Schreck appeared. This film set the stage for so much to come...

Oct. 3
The Golem, Paul Wegener (1920)
The kids, as they so often do, responded to the creature by saying "He was on the Simpsons!" Fun movie. Astaroth sent shivers down spines 88 years after his debut.

Oct. 4
The Monster Club, Roy Ward Baker (1980)
No students today, but I watched this one to keep the challenge going. Fun little flick with the last story of the three being my favorite.

Oct. 5
The Penalty, Wallace Worsley (1920)
Lon Chaney was simply awesome. Facial expressions drive this film to great heights, culminating in the revelation of the film's title.

Oct. 6
Faust, FW Murnau (1926)
I teach both the Marlowe and Goethe versions to my 12th graders, but the film class is full of 11th graders. Regardless, they seemed to get into the sets and shadows, hallmarks of the Expressionist period.

Oct. 7
The Hands of Orlak, Robert Wiene (1924)
Chilling movements throughout the film. Worth finding. We'll see Mad Love, a remake of it, next week.

Oct. 8
The Man Who Laughs, Paul Muni (1928)
Another entertaining silent. The film that gave the inspiration for the Joker is a gem worth digging for.

Darth Jax
10-08-2008, 11:05 PM
October 8 -
7. F13th part 2 - Jason as a killer, although with burlap sack - no mask yet.

6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

UKWildcat
10-08-2008, 11:13 PM
I love Jason with the sack. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
10-09-2008, 06:09 AM
I love Jason with the sack. :thumbsup:

So does Slickers mom :love:

JetsAndHeels
10-09-2008, 10:28 AM
October 1st
Saw
October 3rd
October 4th
October 7th
Jason Goes to Hell
October 8th
Black Xmas (2006)

UKWildcat
10-09-2008, 01:55 PM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th
9. The Descent (2005) - Outstanding movie, absolutely love it. One of the best horror movies to come out within the past few years.
11. Eight Legged Freaks (2002) - Like Tremors but with Spiders and not nearly as good. Wuhrer and a Johansson are worth the viewing though.

October 9th
12. Leprechaun (1993) - Good (bad) fun. Haven't seen this one in ages.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2008, 05:17 PM
October 8 - Jaws

That's the only one I'll be watching. Deal with it. lol
We saw it in my film class and it's actually the first time I've seen it. Pretty good (obviously).

Darth Jax
10-09-2008, 08:14 PM
October 9 -
8. F13th part 3 - it looks really goofy without wearing the glasses.

7. F13th part 2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

Kidhuman
10-09-2008, 09:48 PM
October 1st
Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd

28 Days Later

October 3rd

Candyman

October 4th

Cloverfield

October 6th

Saw

October 7th

E.T.(hey, its Aliens)

October 8th

I am Legend

October 9th

Poltergeist

Ji'dai
10-10-2008, 02:21 PM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6
6. The Shining (1980) - the Overlook Hotel possesses its winter caretaker in order to claim the soul of the man's young son

October 7
7. House of Wax (1953) - burned and maimed in a fire, a sculptor (Vincent Price) uses fresh corpses dipped in wax to populate his new museum

October 8
8. I Am Legend (2007) - an army doctor fights off hordes of vampires in post-apocalyptic New York City while working on a cure that could return them to normal

October 9
9. Them! (1954) - two scientists - one a beautiful woman - helps an FBI agent and a New Mexico state trooper battle giant mutant ants in this fantastic sci-fi monster movie

DarkArtist
10-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Ok, been having a Halloween Marathon week (on vacation whoo hooo)

Oct 2 : Halloween (1978) & Halloween II (1981) - the original John Carpenter masterpiece and sequel - my favorties of the Halloween series

Oct 3 : Halloween IV (1988) : The Return of Michael Myers

Oct 4 : Halloween V (1989): The Revenge of Michael Myers

Oct 5 : Halloween VI : The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)- very cool death scences

Oct 6 : Halloween H2O (1998) : another cool bunch of death scences and the ending is awesome, Michael Myers finally dead ??????

October 7: Halloween Resurrection (2002) - oh Mickey did the mask switch and lives, Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee) finally iced by Michael Myers....Busta Ryhmes has the best line in the film "Trick or Treat Mut*********"

Oct 8 : Halloween (Rob Zombie Version) (2007) - liked the back story but Zombie changed alot of it and made it seem as if Michael really came from a disfunctional family. loved the movie though

UKWildcat
10-10-2008, 09:25 PM
I see you skipped Halloween III. Why would you do a thing like that? :rolleyes: ;)

Darth Jax
10-10-2008, 09:37 PM
October 10-
9. F13th part 4 - Tommy's cool for a geek with glasses

8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

Ji'dai
10-10-2008, 10:48 PM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9
9. Them! (1954) - two scientists - one a beautiful woman - helps an FBI agent and a New Mexico state trooper battle giant mutant ants in this fantastic sci-fi monster movie

October 10
10. The Murder Mansion (1972) - six strangers take refuge in a spooky manor whose impossibly young owner may or may not be a vampiress

JetsAndHeels
10-11-2008, 08:25 AM
October 1st
Saw
October 3rd
October 4th
October 7th
Jason Goes to Hell
October 8th
Black Xmas (2006)
October 9th
Demons (1985)
October 10th
City of the Living Dead (1980)
Also watched about 2 hours of the Travel Channel's "Most Haunted Live" from Gettysburg

UKWildcat
10-11-2008, 11:46 AM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th
13. I am Legend (2007) - First time viewing. Thought it was pretty good.

Kidhuman
10-11-2008, 09:42 PM
October 1st
Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd

28 Days Later

October 3rd

Candyman

October 4th

Cloverfield

October 6th

Saw

October 7th

E.T.(hey, its Aliens)

October 8th

I am Legend

October 9th

Poltergeist

October 10th

Bram Stokers Dracula

October 11th

The Exorcist

Ji'dai
10-12-2008, 08:39 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10
10. The Murder Mansion (1972) - six strangers take refuge in a spooky manor whose impossibly young owner may or may not be a vampiress

October 11
11. Sorority House Vampires from Hell (1998) - new pledge Buffy must save her sorority from a recently resurrected vampire in this amateurish, incoherent, horribly-acted movie that often borders on soft-core porn

UKWildcat
10-12-2008, 11:45 AM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th
14. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006) - Not a bad movie, could have been worse.

DarkArtist
10-12-2008, 07:22 PM
I see you skipped Halloween III. Why would you do a thing like that? :rolleyes: ;)

well this is the one movie that while creepy is just plain stupid..however the warlocks in the picture are the same cult of pagens that worship Michael Myers in both Halloween 5 and 6. (read this on a website about the history of the Halloween movies.

19 days to Halloween...Halloween....19 days to Halloween...Silver Shamrock. Watch the magic pumpkin children:D

Ji'dai
10-12-2008, 08:52 PM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11
11. Sorority House Vampires from Hell (1998) - new pledge Buffy must save her sorority from a recently resurrected vampire in this amateurish, incoherent, horribly-acted movie that often borders on soft-core porn

October 12
12. The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973) - in this watchable Hammer film, Scotland Yard enlists the aid of Prof. Lorrimer Van Helsing (Peter Cushing) when a group of modern-day Satan worshippers are discovered to be the pawns of Dracula (Christopher Lee)

Darth Jax
10-13-2008, 07:40 AM
October 12-
10. Friday the 13th part 5

9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night
_________

JetsAndHeels
10-13-2008, 10:30 AM
October 1st
Saw
October 3rd
October 4th
October 7th
Jason Goes to Hell
October 8th
Black Xmas (2006)
October 9th
Demons (1985)
October 10th
Also watched about 2 hours of the Travel Channel's "Most Haunted Live" from Gettysburg
October 11th
Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Cloverfield
October 12th
Friday the 13th

UKWildcat
10-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Man, I'm slacking a bit. I need to pick up the pace if I plan on reaching my goal of 40. And I've only watched one movie that I had not previously seen. :(

preacher
10-13-2008, 03:42 PM
October 6th

Saw - One of the better slasher flicks to show up since the first Hellraiser.

October 7th

Flu Birds - Dumb dumb dumb movie about pterodactyls that eat people. I think. Honestly it was so bad 20 minutes in I had to walk away.

October 11th

The Happening - Should have been titled "What the hell happened?" Oh no! The plants are upset! Head for the hills! Mark Wahlberg plays in his worst movie since Planet of the Apes. Worst Shylaman flick yet. Starts out strong for twenty minutes and then goes nowhere. Sucked.

DarkArtist
10-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Figured I would do a Freddy marathon..got the DVD set a couple years back, watch em every halloween....so here goes..

Oct 9:

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - one of the few classic horror films that made me not want to sleep when I was younger.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 : Freddy's Revenge (1985) - another awesome Freddy movie, love the whole scene with Freddy coming out of Jessie's body...so cool

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 : Dream Warriors (1987) - this is the first official Nightmare flick I saw on the big screen - "I am the Wizard Master. I am the Wizard Master."

October 10:

A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 :The Dream Master (1988) - saw this one in the theaters with my best friend Dan i think both of us ran to the halloween store and bought the Freddy glove the next day

A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989) - not one of the best Nightmare movies but still has a couple cool death scences, loved the guy who drew the comic books, one of the best death scenes

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) - I remember watching the 3D ending and loving every minute of it. loved the scene with Spencer (aka Breckin Meyer) "Ha Ha Power Glove"

October 11:

Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994) - cool film how they made it seem like it was all just a movie but that the movie was coming alive. loved the part at the end with Heather Langenkamp and John Saxon when they are talked and Saxon is telling Langenkamp is crazy and then the scene changes and it like the ending of Nightmare part 1

Freddy vs Jason (2003) - thought the premises was good and the final battle was just cool as hell. plus Monica Keena is Hot.

Kidhuman
10-13-2008, 07:41 PM
October 1st
Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd

28 Days Later

October 3rd

Candyman

October 4th

Cloverfield

October 6th

Saw

October 7th

E.T.(hey, its Aliens)

October 8th

I am Legend

October 9th

Poltergeist

October 10th

Bram Stokers Dracula

October 11th

The Exorcist

October 12th

Friday the 13th

October 13th

28 weeks later

Ji'dai
10-13-2008, 08:11 PM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12
12. The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973) - in this watchable Hammer film, Scotland Yard enlists the aid of Prof. Lorrimer Van Helsing (Peter Cushing) when a group of modern-day Satan worshippers are discovered to be the pawns of Dracula (Christopher Lee)

October 13
13. Wolfman (1979) - in the post-bellum South, the eldest son of a deceased plantation owner returns home to learn he's inherited the family curse

UKWildcat
10-13-2008, 09:25 PM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th
14. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006) - Not a bad movie, could have been worse.

October 13th
15. Phantasm (1979) - Gotta love The Tall Man.

Darth Jax
10-13-2008, 10:11 PM
October 13 -
11. Friday the 13th part 6 - while they certainly ain't the finest cinema, the series loses steam and starts to become much more comical now.

10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

El Chuxter
10-13-2008, 11:15 PM
October 13

A harrowing tale of two guys who get killed by robot duplicates sent by a futuristic madman and have to find their way back to save the women they love from certain doom. Along the way, they defeat the Grim Reaper and travel through Heaven and Hell to find a dead alien scientist who helps them defeat their robot duplicates and save a future utopia from certain doom.

Anyone who's seen it will know it, for it is the only movie (so far as I know) where the Grim Reaper utters the line, "You sank my battleship!"

UKWildcat
10-14-2008, 12:20 PM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th

October 13th

October 14th
16. Do You Like Hitchcock? (2005) - First time viewing. This movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great either. Probably my least favorite Dario Argento film to date though.
17. The Guardian (1990) - A fairly enjoyable film. A little underrated too, IMO.

DarkArtist
10-14-2008, 02:17 PM
well on last rewatched a few of the Halloween films again (big Michael Myers fan)

Oct 13:

Halloween Resurrection - love the alternate endings really leaves it open for another Halloween

Halloween II - one question about the ending, if Loomis blew up the room with both Michael and himself in it how come all that gets burned on Loomis is a little of his face and his hand. an explosion like that should have killed them both

also watched:

Freddy vs Jason - just love the final battle sequence in it. still think Freddy should have won. I mean if you think about it Jason is not a clear winner since Freddy's head is cut off by the girl in the movie.

Ji'dai
10-14-2008, 09:00 PM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13
13. Wolfman (1979) - in the post-bellum South, the eldest son of a deceased plantation owner returns home to learn he's inherited the family curse

October 14
14. House on Haunted Hill (1959) - as part of his philandering wife's birthday bash, a wealthy playboy (Vincent Price) offers five people ten grand if they can spend the entire night in a haunted house

Darth Jax
10-15-2008, 07:27 AM
October 14 -
12. Friday the 13th part 7

11. F13th6
10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

UKWildcat
10-15-2008, 10:34 AM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th

October 13th

October 14th
16. Do You Like Hitchcock? (2005) - First time viewing. This movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great either. Probably my least favorite Dario Argento film to date though.
17. The Guardian (1990) - A fairly enjoyable film. A little underrated too, IMO.

October 15th
18. The Messengers (2007) - Not sure why I watched this movie again.
19. Hellraiser: Bloodline (1996) - First time viewing. Pretty bad.
20. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - Great film. Classic. Franklin cracks me up.

Ji'dai
10-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Didn't have time to watch a movie last night. I'll have to do a double feature or two at some point to catch up.

UKWildcat
10-16-2008, 09:52 PM
I've actually been doing pretty well the past few days. I'm back on track to reach my goal of 40. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
10-16-2008, 09:55 PM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th

October 13th

October 14th

October 15th
20. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - Great film. Classic. Franklin cracks me up.

October 16th
21. Saw (2004) - A good start to a good franchise.

Darth Jax
10-16-2008, 09:57 PM
October 16 -
13. Friday the 13th part 8 - Jason takes Manhattan, the lamest of the bunch.

12. F13th7
11. F13th6
10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

Ichi Wong
10-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Hey folks, just stumbled across your forum, and its exactly the sort of thing I was looking for!

Im from the uk, and im a bit of a horror FREAK this time of year, so i started my build up around september 29th.
It will take some time to put together my watched list so far, feel free to correct any (year) mistakes on my part!
And i cant promise to have watched anything classic in the vein of Maradona's list which is awesome,
but I estimate ive done about 30 movies already this year. List forthcoming......

DarkArtist
10-17-2008, 08:27 AM
14 days till Halloween...Halloween. 14 days till Halloween...Silver Shamrock:thumbsup:

UKWildcat
10-17-2008, 01:34 PM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th

October 13th

October 14th

October 15th

October 16th

October 17th
22. Saw II (2005) - A very worthy sequel, still liked the first one better.
23. Saw III (2006) - I really enjoyed this one. More than the second, almost as much as the 1st; real close.

Kidhuman
10-17-2008, 08:49 PM
October 1st
Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd

28 Days Later

October 3rd

Candyman

October 4th

Cloverfield

October 6th

Saw

October 7th

E.T.(hey, its Aliens)

October 8th

I am Legend

October 9th

Poltergeist

October 10th

Bram Stokers Dracula

October 11th

The Exorcist

October 12th

Friday the 13th

October 13th

28 weeks later

October 14th

Silent Hill

October 15th

Amityville Horror(original)

October 16th

Halloween

October 17th

The Happening

Darth Jax
10-18-2008, 07:46 AM
October 17 -
14. Freddy vs. Jason - finally the last Friday for me and a great segue into the next 7 movies for me

13. F13th8
12. F13th7
11. F13th6
10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

Ji'dai
10-18-2008, 09:51 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14
14. House on Haunted Hill (1959) - as part of his philandering wife's birthday bash, a wealthy playboy (Vincent Price) offers five people ten grand if they can spend the entire night in a haunted house

October 16
15. Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) - Francis Ford Coppola's excellent adaptation of the classic Stoker novel

UKWildcat
10-18-2008, 11:02 AM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th

October 13th

October 14th

October 15th

October 16th

October 17th
23. Saw III (2006) - I really enjoyed this one. More than the second, almost as much as the 1st; real close.

October 18th
24. Saw IV (2007) - Thought this one was really good as well. The first is still my favorite, but III and IV are very close behind.
25. Slumber Party Massacre (1982) - B-Movie slasher cheese.

October 19th
26. Tremors (1990) - One of the best monster movies ever! Love this one!

JetsAndHeels
10-18-2008, 01:49 PM
October 1st
Saw
October 3rd
October 4th
October 7th
Jason Goes to Hell
October 8th
Black Xmas (2006)
October 9th
Demons (1985)
October 10th
October 11th
Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Cloverfield
October 12th
Friday the 13th
October 15th
Friday the 13th V-A new Beginning
October 16th
Friday the 13th VIII-Jason Takes Manhattan
October 17th
Quentin Tarantino's "Death Proof"

Kidhuman
10-18-2008, 09:26 PM
October 1st
Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd

28 Days Later

October 3rd

Candyman

October 4th

Cloverfield

October 6th

Saw

October 7th

E.T.(hey, its Aliens)

October 8th

I am Legend

October 9th

Poltergeist

October 10th

Bram Stokers Dracula

October 11th

The Exorcist

October 12th

Friday the 13th

October 13th

28 weeks later

October 14th

Silent Hill

October 15th

October 16th

Halloween

October 17th

The Happening

October 18th

Saw 2
Saw 4

Darth Jax
10-19-2008, 10:41 AM
October 18 -
15. Nightmare on Elm Street

14. Freddy vs. Jason
13. F13th8
12. F13th7
11. F13th6
10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

DarkArtist
10-19-2008, 07:28 PM
October 14th : Evil Dead Marathon (Bruce Campbell is the Best)

Evil Dead (1981) - i can remember watching this movie for the first time 4 years ago at my Brother in Law's College Graduation Party and loving every minute of the gore.

Evil Dead II : Book of the Dead (1987) - awesome to see it sorta remade, still a great horror/comedy

Army of Darkness (1992) - Whenever this movie is on I have to stop everything and watch. My wife thinks I'm crazy. "Hail to the King Baby"

October 15th :

Saw (2004) - very different and freaky movie. it's amazing the things people will do (if it was real)

Saw II (2005) - amazing flick

Ocotber 16th :

Hostel (2005) - finally caught this flick and have to say not a huge fan. i mean the gore was OK but the build-up was boring. i think this should have been what every gore fan craves but unfortunately didn't deliver.

October 17th: Final Destination Marathon

Final Destination (2000) - awesome flick - really interesting concept

Final Destination II (2003) - another cool movie - not as good as the first but that crash sequence was out of control

Final Destination III (2006) - great flick - as good as the first - Mary Elizabeth Winstead is just too hot.

October 18th:

Halloween V : The Revenger of Michael Myers - had to watch it again. plus found a copy of the DVD in the discount bins at Walmart (the dog recently decided to use my old copy as a frisbee.)

2-1B
10-19-2008, 09:01 PM
October 3rd
Saw (2004)
Saw II (2005)
October 4th
Saw III (2006)
Saw IV (2007)
October 18
The Eye (2008)
The Fury of the Wolfman (1972)

Ji'dai
10-19-2008, 09:23 PM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 16
15. Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) - Francis Ford Coppola's excellent adaptation of the classic Stoker novel

October 17
16. Frankenstein's Great Aunt Tillie (1984) - Doctor Frankenstein's descendant (Donald Pleasence) returns to the family castle with family in tow to find the fabled family fortune in this frightfully unfunny film

October 18
17. Cloverfield (2008) - yuppies with a digicam record a giant monster's rampage in New York City

UKWildcat
10-19-2008, 10:59 PM
October 3rd
Saw (2004)
Saw II (2005)
October 4th
Saw III (2006)
Saw IV (2007)
October 18
The Eye (2008)

Well, Hello there!

Darth Jax
10-20-2008, 07:10 AM
October 19 -
16. Nightmare on Elm Street 2 not as good as the first or some of the sequels yet to come.

14. Freddy vs. Jason
13. F13th8
12. F13th7
11. F13th6
10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

JetsAndHeels
10-20-2008, 11:04 AM
October 1st
Saw
October 3rd
October 4th
October 7th
Jason Goes to Hell
October 8th
Black Xmas (2006)
October 9th
Demons (1985)
October 10th
October 11th
Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Cloverfield
October 12th
Friday the 13th
October 15th
October 16th
October 17th
October 19th
The Toxic Avenger

UKWildcat
10-20-2008, 01:40 PM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th

October 13th

October 14th

October 15th

October 16th

October 17th

October 18th
24. Saw IV (2007) - Thought this one was really good as well. The first is still my favorite, but III and IV are very close behind.

October 19th

October 20th
27. Freddy vs. Jason (2003) - It is what it is.

2-1B
10-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Well, Hello there!

Hi. :)
Better late than never. ;)

Hey Darth Jax,

Can I ask why you went from F13th8 to FvJ and then on to Elm Street?

I would watch Jason Goes to Hell before FvJ and then I would watch Jason X.

I'm not saying you should watch in any particular order, just curious if you intentionally skipped the 9th movie. :)

Ji'dai
10-20-2008, 07:32 PM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 16

October 17
16. Frankenstein's Great Aunt Tillie (1984) - Doctor Frankenstein's descendant (Donald Pleasence) returns to the family castle with family in tow to find the fabled family fortune in this frightfully unfunny film

October 18
17. Cloverfield (2008) - yuppies with a digicam record a giant monster's rampage in New York City

October 20
18. One Missed Call (2007) - after receiving voice mail from the future, interconnected pretty people suffer gruesome deaths at the hand of a vengeful spirit

Darth Jax
10-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi. :)
Better late than never. ;)

Hey Darth Jax,

Can I ask why you went from F13th8 to FvJ and then on to Elm Street?

I would watch Jason Goes to Hell before FvJ and then I would watch Jason X.

I'm not saying you should watch in any particular order, just curious if you intentionally skipped the 9th movie. :)
I had volumes 1-8 for the Friday series. I didn't have 9 & 10, but i remedied that situation this evening. I've seen both of them in the past.

October 20-
17. Nightmare on Elm Street 3

16. NOES2
14. Freddy vs. Jason
13. F13th8
12. F13th7
11. F13th6
10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

UKWildcat
10-21-2008, 11:43 AM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th

October 13th

October 14th

October 15th

October 16th

October 17th

October 18th

October 19th

October 20th

October 21st
28. The Evil Dead (1981) - Classic.
29. Evil Dead II (1987) - Another Classic.

Kidhuman
10-21-2008, 06:09 PM
October 1st
Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd

28 Days Later

October 3rd

Candyman

October 4th

Cloverfield

October 6th

Saw

October 7th

E.T.(hey, its Aliens)

October 8th

I am Legend

October 9th

Poltergeist

October 10th

Bram Stokers Dracula

October 11th

The Exorcist

October 12th

Friday the 13th

October 13th

28 weeks later

October 14th

Silent Hill

October 15th

October 16th

Halloween

October 17th

The Happening

October 18th

The Messengers

October 19th

Final Destination

October 20th

Final Destination 2

October 21st

The Dead Zone

Darth Jax
10-21-2008, 10:01 PM
October 21 -
No movie for me tonite. Had to take the girlfriend out for dinner for her birthday.

Ji'dai
10-22-2008, 05:27 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 16

October 17

October 18

October 20
18. One Missed Call (2007) - after receiving voice mail from the future, interconnected pretty people suffer gruesome deaths at the hand of a vengeful spirit

October 21
19. Jaws (1975) - Yeah know, the thing about a shark... he's got... lifeless eyes... black eyes... like a doll's eyes. When he comes at yeah, he doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites yeah, an' those black eyes roll over white, an' then... all yeah hear is that horrible high-pitch'd screamin'... and the ocean turns red... an' in spite of all the poundin' an' the hollerin'... they all come in an' rip yeah to pieces...

JetsAndHeels
10-22-2008, 10:42 AM
October 1st
Saw
October 3rd
October 4th
October 7th
Jason Goes to Hell
October 8th
Black Xmas (2006)
October 9th
Demons (1985)
October 10th
October 11th
Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Cloverfield
October 12th
Friday the 13th
October 15th
October 16th
October 17th
October 19th
The Toxic Avenger
October 21st
Friday the 13th part VI-Jason Lives

UKWildcat
10-22-2008, 09:49 PM
I was doing really good there for a while - wasn't able to watch anything today. :(

Darth Jax
10-22-2008, 10:25 PM
October 22 -
17. Saw - broke up the run of NOES so i'll be ready for Saw V this weekend.

16. NOES2
14. Freddy vs. Jason
13. F13th8
12. F13th7
11. F13th6
10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

2-1B
10-22-2008, 11:58 PM
October 3rd
Saw (2004)
Saw II (2005)
October 4th
Saw III (2006)
Saw IV (2007)
October 18th
The Eye (2008)
October 20th
Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982)
October 21st
The Strangers (2008)

Ji'dai
10-23-2008, 05:41 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 16

October 17

October 18

October 20

October 21
19. Jaws (1975) - Yeah know, the thing about a shark... he's got... lifeless eyes... black eyes... like a doll's eyes. When he comes at yeah, he doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites yeah, an' those black eyes roll over white, an' then... all yeah hear is that horrible high-pitch'd screamin'... and the ocean turns red... an' in spite of all the poundin' an' the hollerin'... they all come in an' rip yeah to pieces...

October 22
20. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) - falsely convicted barber Benjamin Barker returns to 19th century London to take his revenge against the men who framed him and destroyed his family

JetsAndHeels
10-23-2008, 11:09 AM
October 1st
Saw
October 3rd
October 4th
October 7th
Jason Goes to Hell
October 8th
Black Xmas (2006)
October 9th
Demons (1985)
October 10th
October 11th
Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Cloverfield
October 12th
Friday the 13th
October 15th
October 16th
October 17th
October 19th
The Toxic Avenger
October 21st
October 22nd
Phantasm
Hellraiser

Darth Jax
10-23-2008, 08:55 PM
October 21st
The Strangers (2008)

What did you think of it? i've been tempted, but the lack of any appreciable body count keeps me away.

October 23 -
18. Saw 2 - i enjoyed it even more this time around, haven't watched it in a couple years.

17. Saw
16. NOES2
14. Freddy vs. Jason
13. F13th8
12. F13th7
11. F13th6
10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

UKWildcat
10-23-2008, 09:14 PM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th

October 13th

October 14th

October 15th

October 16th

October 17th

October 18th

October 19th

October 20th

October 21st

October 23rd
30. Dawn of the Dead (1978) - One of my favorite movies of all time.

October 24th
31. Day of the Dead (1985) - I really like this one, much better than Romero's latest efforts.

UKWildcat
10-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Starting to run out of time, so I'm having to pick and choose now. :(

Ji'dai
10-24-2008, 05:31 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 16

October 17

October 18

October 20

October 21

October 22
20. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) - falsely convicted barber Benjamin Barker returns to 19th century London to take his revenge against the men who framed him and destroyed his family

October 23
21. Jack the Ripper (1976) - the fiancée of a Scotland Yard inspector goes undercover to help catch the infamous White Chapel murderer (Klaus Kinski)

Ji'dai
10-25-2008, 08:08 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 16

October 17

October 18

October 20

October 21

October 22

October 23
21. Jack the Ripper (1976) - the fiancée of a Scotland Yard inspector goes undercover to help catch the infamous White Chapel murderer (Klaus Kinski)

October 24
22. Snowbeast (1977) - a former Olympic skier and his wife help a resort manager hunt a wampa that's been eating his guests

2-1B
10-25-2008, 11:43 AM
October 3rd
Saw (2004)
Saw II (2005)
October 4th
Saw III (2006)
Saw IV (2007)
October 18th
The Eye (2008)
October 20th
October 21st
The Strangers (2008)
October 24th
Quarantine

What did you think of it? i've been tempted, but the lack of any appreciable body count keeps me away.

I'm definitely glad I rented it. :)

It's not very original and it was predictable at times...but I will say I was spooked at times and that's not a reaction I have very often. Maybe it reminded me of my youth when we would stay up late telling stories and scaring each other. If I was a kid watching this movie, it would have freaked me out. :thumbsup:

I love watching Liv Tyler in movies, so I'm partial to that factor as well.
Scott Speedman was cool in Dark Blue.

I can't guarantee that you will like it but I thought it was a fun viewing.

Same goes for Quarantine, that was a fun movie last night. I didn't see the original and I don't plan to any time soon.

I'm going to wait a week for Saw 5 and see it on Halloween.

Kidhuman
10-25-2008, 10:23 PM
October 1st
Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd

28 Days Later

October 3rd

Candyman

October 4th

Cloverfield

October 6th

Saw

October 7th

E.T.(hey, its Aliens)

October 8th

I am Legend

October 9th

Poltergeist

October 10th

Bram Stokers Dracula

October 11th

The Exorcist

October 12th

Friday the 13th

October 13th

28 weeks later

October 14th

Silent Hill

October 15th

October 16th

Halloween

October 17th

The Happening

October 18th

The Messengers

October 19th

Final Destination

October 20th

Final Destination 2

October 21st

The Dead Zone

October 22nd

Saw 2
Saw 4

October 23rd

Poltergeist 2

October 24th

The Howling

October 25th

The Strangers - Great movie. I loved it

Darth Jax
10-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the review Caes - err 2 1 B (old habits die hard, yours is one of the few prior names that i recall). i'll have to get around to checking it out eventually

October 25 -
19. Saw 3 - only previous viewing was in the theater. the brain surgery was harder to watch this time around. overall, i'd say i enjoyed the movie much more than i'd remembered. had more going on the just jeff and his 3 tests. too bad we still don't know what happens with the little girl. Saw 5 is up for tomorrow. hopefully i'll be able to squeeze 4 in before, but it's looking doubtful.

18. Saw 2
17. Saw
16. NOES2
14. Freddy vs. Jason
13. F13th8
12. F13th7
11. F13th6
10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Daw

UKWildcat
10-25-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm glad to see you enjoyed Saw III more with your second viewing Jax, after reading you tear it apart in a different thread. ;) :p

BTW - You are doing pretty damn good for having a girlfriend who isn't into horror movies. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
10-26-2008, 12:27 PM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 16

October 17

October 18

October 20

October 21

October 22

October 23

October 24
22. Snowbeast (1977) - a former Olympic skier and his wife help a resort manager hunt a wampa that's been eating his guests

October 25
23. The Eye (2008) - a blind violinist (Jessica Alba) sees dead people after receiving a double cornea transplant

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2008, 04:12 PM
October 1st
Saw
October 3rd
October 4th
October 7th
Jason Goes to Hell
October 8th
Black Xmas (2006)
October 9th
Demons (1985)
October 10th
October 11th
Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Cloverfield
October 12th
Friday the 13th
October 15th
October 16th
October 17th
October 19th
The Toxic Avenger
October 21st
October 22nd
Phantasm
Hellraiser
October 25th
Saw 5
Day of the Dead
Jason X

Kidhuman
10-26-2008, 08:11 PM
October 1st
Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd

28 Days Later

October 3rd

Candyman

October 4th

Cloverfield

October 6th

Saw

October 7th

E.T.(hey, its Aliens)

October 8th

I am Legend

October 9th

Poltergeist

October 10th

Bram Stokers Dracula

October 11th

The Exorcist

October 12th

Friday the 13th

October 13th

28 weeks later

October 14th

Silent Hill

October 15th

October 16th

Halloween

October 17th

The Happening

October 18th

The Messengers

October 19th

Final Destination

October 20th

Final Destination 2

October 21st

The Dead Zone

October 22nd

Saw 2
Saw 4

October 23rd

Poltergeist 2

October 24th

The Howling

October 25th

The Strangers - Great movie. I loved it[/QUOTE]

October 26th

Jaws

2-1B
10-26-2008, 08:28 PM
October 3rd
Saw (2004)
Saw II (2005)
October 4th
Saw III (2006)
Saw IV (2007)
October 18th
The Eye (2008)
October 20th
October 21st
The Strangers (2008)
October 24th
Quarantine (2008)
October 25th
Halloween III Season of the Witch (1982)
October 26th
Friday the 13th The Final Chapter (1984)

Darth Jax
10-26-2008, 09:21 PM
October -
21. Saw 5 - gotta say i was most impressed.
20. Saw iv - the girlfriend actually sat and watched this one with me. the only one on the list that she stayed in the room for the entire flick.

19. Saw 3
18. Saw 2
17. Saw
16. NOES2
14. Freddy vs. Jason
13. F13th8
12. F13th7
11. F13th6
10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

UKWildcat
10-26-2008, 10:43 PM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th

October 13th

October 14th

October 15th

October 16th

October 17th

October 18th

October 19th

October 20th

October 21st

October 23rd

October 24th
31. Day of the Dead (1985) - I really like this one, much better than Romero's latest efforts.

October 26th
32. Shutter (2008) - First time viewing. Very typical, unoriginal. Rachael Taylor is hot though.

October 27th
33. Suspiria (1977) - One of my favorite Dario Argento films. Outstanding!

Ji'dai
10-27-2008, 05:34 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 16

October 17

October 18

October 20

October 21

October 22

October 23

October 24

October 25
23. The Eye (2008) - a blind violinist (Jessica Alba) sees dead people after receiving a double cornea transplant

October 26
24. Mansion of Madness (1972) - based on Poe's Dr. Tarr's Torture Dungeon, a journalist visiting a sanitorium in a remote French castle soon learns that the patients are in control of the facility

Ji'dai
10-28-2008, 05:44 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 16

October 17

October 18

October 20

October 21

October 22

October 23

October 24

October 25

October 26
24. Mansion of Madness (1972) - based on Poe's Dr. Tarr's Torture Dungeon, a journalist visiting a sanitorium in a remote French castle soon learns that the patients are in control of the facility

October 27 Double Feature!
25. Night of the Living Dead (1968) - seven people barricade themselves in an abandoned farmhouse when the dead attack the living
26. Tim Burton's Corpse Bride (2005) - young Victor's pre-arranged wedding to Victoria is interrupted when his practice proposal is accepted by dearly departed corpse bride Emily

UKWildcat
10-28-2008, 10:28 AM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th

October 13th

October 14th

October 15th

October 16th

October 17th

October 18th

October 19th

October 20th

October 21st

October 23rd

October 24th

October 26th
32. Shutter (2008) - First time viewing. Very typical, unoriginal. Rachael Taylor is hot though.

October 27th

October 28th
34. Drive Thru (2007) - First time viewing. Probably my last. Watched it mainly because of Leighton Meester.
35. Child's Play (1988) - Used to be one of my favorites as a kid.

October 29th
36. Zombi 2 (1979) - Splinter eye.

UKWildcat
10-28-2008, 01:59 PM
AMC (http://www.amctv.com/fearfest/fearfest-schedule/) is playing a bunch of horror movies back-to-back through Halloween. It actually started last week I believe. Just an FYI.

DarthQuack
10-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Ok, Mr. Smarty pants :P

(I missed doing the challenge this year....just didn't have the time and had some other things going on....:rolleyes:)

UKWildcat
10-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Ok, Mr. Smarty pants :P

(I missed doing the challenge this year....just didn't have the time and had some other things going on....:rolleyes:)

That sucks DQ. You still have a few days left to squeeze in some classics though. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
10-29-2008, 05:39 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 16

October 17

October 18

October 20

October 21

October 22

October 23

October 24

October 25

October 26

25. Night of the Living Dead (1968) - seven people barricade themselves in an abandoned farmhouse when the dead attack the living
26. Tim Burton's Corpse Bride (2005) - young Victor's pre-arranged wedding to Victoria is interrupted when his practice proposal is accepted by dearly departed corpse bride Emily

October 28
27. Scream of the Wolf (1974) - authorities turn to a local author/retired hunter (Peter Graves) for assistance when several gruesome murders appear to be the work of a wolf-man

UKWildcat
10-29-2008, 10:41 AM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th

October 13th

October 14th

October 15th

October 16th

October 17th

October 18th

October 19th

October 20th

October 21st

October 23rd

October 24th

October 26th

October 27th

October 28th
34. Drive Thru (2007) - First time viewing. Probably my last. Watched it mainly because of Leighton Meester.

October 29th
37. The Return of the Living Dead (1985) - One of my favorites. The characters are great, especially Burt.
38. Wolf Creek (2005) - Pretty good horror flick.

Ji'dai
10-30-2008, 05:35 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 16

October 17

October 18

October 20

October 21

October 22

October 23

October 24

October 25

October 26

October 28
27. Scream of the Wolf (1974) - authorities turn to a local author/retired hunter (Peter Graves) for assistance when several gruesome murders appear to be the work of a wolf-man

October 29 Double Feature!
28. It Happened at Nightmare Inn (1973) - two aging sisters who run a small Spanish inn lust after younger men and dispatch any female guests who don't share their conversative values
29. Hellboy Director's Cut (2004) - a demon summoned by the Nazis to win the war is adopted and raised by a kindly professor to fight for the forces of good

Darth Jax
10-30-2008, 07:29 AM
October 29 -
22. Nightmare on Elm Street 3

21. Saw 5
20. Saw iv
19. Saw 3
18. Saw 2
17. Saw
16. NOES2
14. Freddy vs. Jason
13. F13th8
12. F13th7
11. F13th6
10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

UKWildcat
10-30-2008, 01:44 PM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th

October 13th

October 14th

October 15th

October 16th

October 17th

October 18th

October 19th

October 20th

October 21st

October 23rd

October 24th

October 26th

October 27th

October 28th

October 29th
37. The Return of the Living Dead (1985) - One of my favorites. The characters are great, especially Burt.

October 30th
39. Isolation (2005) - First time viewing. Not a bad flick. I enjoyed it.
40. 28 Days Later (2002) - Awesome flick! Love this one. Guess what's up next?

UKWildcat
10-30-2008, 01:46 PM
I've reached my goal of 40!!! WOOHOO!!!

I still plan to watch at least 3 more too. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
10-31-2008, 05:25 AM
Oh, you didn't for real watch all those movies, UK, and you know it. ;) It's just not humanly possible. :twisted:

After a couple double features this week, I'm back on track for 31 movies this month.

Now back to the list...

Ji'dai
10-31-2008, 05:26 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 16

October 17

October 18

October 20

October 21

October 22

October 23

October 24

October 25

October 26

October 28

28. It Happened at Nightmare Inn (1973) - two aging sisters who run a small Spanish inn lust after younger men and dispatch any female guests who don't share their conversative values
29. Hellboy Director's Cut (2004) - a demon summoned by the Nazis to win the war is adopted and raised by a kindly professor to fight for the forces of good

October 30
30. Legacy of Blood (1971) - the servants and spoiled offspring of a deceased patriarch spend a murderous night together at the family estate

Darth Jax
10-31-2008, 07:02 AM
October 30 - and the last movie for me in the competition
23. Nightmare on Elm Street 4

22. NOES 3
21. Saw 5
20. Saw iv
19. Saw 3
18. Saw 2
17. Saw
16. NOES2
14. Freddy vs. Jason
13. F13th8
12. F13th7
11. F13th6
10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

JetsAndHeels
10-31-2008, 09:43 AM
October 1st
Saw
October 3rd
October 4th
October 7th
Jason Goes to Hell
October 8th
Black Xmas (2006)
October 9th
Demons (1985)
October 10th
October 11th
Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Cloverfield
October 12th
Friday the 13th
October 15th
October 16th
October 17th
October 19th
The Toxic Avenger
October 21st
October 22nd
Phantasm
Hellraiser
October 25th
Saw 5
Day of the Dead
Jason X
October 30th
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters 2

UKWildcat
10-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Oh, you didn't for real watch all those movies, UK, and you know it. ;) It's just not humanly possible. :twisted:

After a couple double features this week, I'm back on track for 31 movies this month.

Now back to the list...

I DID TOO!!!!!!! :mad:

Actually, my list pales in comparison to some. Check this one out @ DVDTalk (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/8966154-post79.html). There are others that are just as, if not more, ridiculous. Just an example. ;)

I actually did not get around to 28 Weeks Later, unfortunately. I started today off with Halloween (Zombie) and I am getting ready to put on Halloween (Carpenter) now. So I should end up with 42, possibly 43 if I can get another started before midnight. Alright, gotta go and get this movie started!

UKWildcat
11-01-2008, 12:29 AM
October 1st

October 2nd

October 3rd

October 4th

October 7th

October 8th

October 9th

October 10th

October 12th

October 13th

October 14th

October 15th

October 16th

October 17th

October 18th

October 19th

October 20th

October 21st

October 23rd

October 24th

October 26th

October 27th

October 28th

October 29th

October 30th
39. Isolation (2005) - First time viewing. Not a bad flick. I enjoyed it.
40. 28 Days Later (2002) - Awesome flick! Love this one. Guess what's up next?

October 31st
41. Halloween (2007) - Only my second viewing. This movie is somewhere between good and mediocre. Its like 2 movies in one; first half = evolution of Michael Myers (new and original) and second half = remake of (un)original.
42. Halloween (1978) - Classic! I try to watch this movie every year on this date.

DarkArtist
11-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Got a couple last minute additions in last night (had a halloween horror fest while waiting for the trick or treaters)

10/29

Hostel
Hostel II

10/30

Saw V

10/31

House of Wax (Paris Hilton version)
Boris Karlof Frankenstein
Bela Lugosi Dracula

Ji'dai
11-01-2008, 09:07 AM
I DID TOO!!!!!!! :mad:

Actually, my list pales in comparison to some. Check this one out @ DVDTalk (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/8966154-post79.html). There are others that are just as, if not more, ridiculous. Just an example. ;)
Man, 200 movies, that's insane. Must be college students and the unemployable competing over there; no one else has as much free time. I had to set aside time in order to watch two movies in one day. And I only watch two tv shows a week (simpsons & family guy) so I'm a movie person to start with.

I was able to watch 31 movies this year, one for every day of the month! Read on...

Ji'dai
11-01-2008, 09:11 AM
October 1

October 2

October 3

October 4

October 5

October 6

October 7

October 8

October 9

October 10

October 11

October 12

October 13

October 14

October 16

October 17

October 18

October 20

October 21

October 22

October 23

October 24

October 25

October 26

October 28

October 30
30. Legacy of Blood (1971) - the servants and spoiled offspring of a deceased patriarch spend a murderous night together at the family estate

October 31
31. Sleepy Hollow (1999) - constable Ichabod Crane investigates a series of slayings in which the victims were decapitated by a headless horseman

UKWildcat
11-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Man, 200 movies, that's insane. Must be college students and the unemployable competing over there; no one else has as much free time. I had to set aside time in order to watch two movies in one day. And I only watch two tv shows a week (simpsons & family guy) so I'm a movie person to start with.

I was able to watch 31 movies this year, one for every day of the month! Read on...

I know last year people claimed to have watched over 300. Not sure about this year, I didn't have time to read through all those bs lists.

31 movies ain't bad at all! Nice work Ji'dai!

And don't forget guys, another challenge will start up in a few weeks; the Christmas/New Year's Holiday challenge. Last year we started it Dec 1st, but this year it will start a week or so early, so we can include Thanksgiving movies/shows. Yeah, TV Shows count with this one. Here is a link to last year's challenge (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=36574) as a refresher.

DarkArtist
11-01-2008, 12:19 PM
forgot to add a couple for the 24th 25th and 26th of October....

24th - night with my nieces (so cute Halloween Movies)

It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown
Disney's Halloweentown
Disney's Return to Halloween Town
Simpsons Treehouse of Horror DVD

25th

House of the Dead - horrible dumb stupid movie
The Rocky Horror Picture Show - love this flick (just bought it today on DVD for $5.00 at Walmart.

26th

Night of the Living Dead - the awesome Black and White flick "They're coming to get you Barbara."

UKWildcat
11-01-2008, 01:04 PM
One of my goals for this challenge was to watch a bunch of movies that I had not seen before. After looking over my list, only 6 of the 42 movies were first time viewings - a measly 14%. :(

Ji'dai
11-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Out of the 31 movies I watched, 19 (61%) were first-time viewings for me. I'm including the Hellboy Director's Cut in that number, although I've seen the theatrical release several times.

I think I watched a film from nearly every decade (1920-2008) with the exception of the '20s and '40s. I'd like to track down some of the older horror films from the 1920-50s and add them to my library if I can get them cheaply. Titles from that era seem to be harder to find than ones from the 1950s to the present.

DarthQuack
11-01-2008, 02:34 PM
One of my goals for this challenge was to watch a bunch of movies that I had not seen before. After looking over my list, only 6 of the 42 movies were first time viewings - a measly 14%. :(

Fail!!!!!!!!!

2-1B
11-01-2008, 08:28 PM
October 3rd
Saw (2004)
Saw II (2005)
October 4th
Saw III (2006)
Saw IV (2007)
October 18th
The Eye (2008)
October 20th
October 21st
The Strangers (2008)
October 24th
Quarantine (2008)
October 25th
Halloween III Season of the Witch (1982)
October 26th
Friday the 13th The Final Chapter (1984)
October 29th
Saw III (2006) yes, again
Saw IV (2007) yes, again
October 31st
Saw V (2008)
Saw V (2008) yes, twice in one day

Pretty poor performance by me this year...I'm going to have to make up for some lost ground over the next 11 months.

UKWildcat
11-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Saw V (2008)
Saw V (2008) yes, twice in one day

I haven't seen Saw V yet (so no spoilers please) but I am going to assume you liked it 2-1B?

2-1B
11-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Yes, I enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

I posted a few comments in one of the Saw threads but there are spoilers obviously, so avoid that one til you see it.

I won't give away any spoilers here, no worries, so I'll just say that I liked it. I planned to see it twice a few days ago for reasons I won't ramble on about here...so even if I didn't like it, I was comitted to seeing it a 2nd time with some other people...but it was worth rewatching, I thought.

I enjoyed it, not my favorite Saw but it held up well. And it has it's own "feel" to it that I liked for the most part.

Kidhuman
11-02-2008, 05:12 AM
My final list

October 1st
Aliens 3
Saw 3

October 2nd

28 Days Later

October 3rd

Candyman

October 4th

Cloverfield

October 6th

Saw

October 7th

E.T.(hey, its Aliens)

October 8th

I am Legend

October 9th

Poltergeist

October 10th

Bram Stokers Dracula

October 11th

The Exorcist

October 12th

Friday the 13th

October 13th

28 weeks later

October 14th

Silent Hill

October 15th

October 16th

Halloween

October 17th

The Happening

October 18th

The Messengers

October 19th

Final Destination

October 20th

Final Destination 2

October 21st

The Dead Zone

October 22nd

Saw 2
Saw 4

October 23rd

Poltergeist 2

October 24th

The Howling

October 25th

The Strangers - Great movie. I loved it[/QUOTE]

October 26th

Jaws

October 27th

Jaws 2

October 28th

An American Werewolf in London
Sleepy Hollow

October 29th

HAlloween 2

October 30th

30 days of night

October 31st

28 days later
Silent HIll(again)

Darth Jax
11-02-2008, 10:09 AM
so i have one more to add to my list. was at a late halloween party last nite
November 1 -
24,25,26 Nosferatu (the original Dracula and one of the first horror movies) - sat through it 3 times while drinking red vodka.

23. NOES 4
22. NOES 3
21. Saw 5
20. Saw iv
19. Saw 3
18. Saw 2
17. Saw
16. NOES2
14. Freddy vs. Jason
13. F13th8
12. F13th7
11. F13th6
10. F13th5
9. F13th4
8. F13th3
7. F13th2
6. Friday the 13th
5. Diary
4. Land
3. Day
2. Dawn
1. Night

Of the movies i watched, only saw 5 was one i hadn't seen before.

JetsAndHeels
11-02-2008, 04:48 PM
My last list was it for me, unless you can count 2 walkthroughs at the haunted trail Friday night. I liked it so much I went through again for only half price.

2-1B
09-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Pretty poor performance by me this year...I'm going to have to make up for some lost ground over the next 11 months.

I'm ready to do better this year. :grin:
I have several different series in mind that I've not watched in years...so I'll be doing some old favorites.

I saw Final Destination 4 and Halloween 2 this weekend...too bad it wasn't October already, or those movies would have served a purpose. :o

Bring on October 2009 !!!

UKWildcat
09-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I hope to watch quite a bit of horror movies this Oct for the challenge. I seriously doubt I'll get to 42, like I did last year, but I'm gonna try.

Ji'dai
09-08-2009, 08:42 PM
My goal is 31, but I'm going to try to watch movies I've never seen before.