PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe 25th Anniversary - Vehicles Series 04 - Case of 4

jedi master sal
09-24-2008, 11:32 AM
This set:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS16131&mode=retail&picture=out

Is up for preorder at BBTS.com.

I'm actually thinking of getting it for the vehicles as I think they'd make excellent SW customs. Anyone interested in just the figures then (as I won't need them)? I'd be willing to sell the 4 figures together for just $24 plus shipping or three SW figures in trade (we would then pay for our own shipping).

The whole set costs $65, plus shipping, which I think would be around $10, soit would be $75 to me. The asking cost of $24 plus shipping (which I'd estimate to be no more than $3) I think is fair.

Joe figures cost this or more at least on the pegs. This is a good opportunity for those who army build Joe figures.

Just thought I'd throw this out there if there might be anyone interested in just the figs from the set I plan on ordering.

LMK by PM please. If my PM box is full, then respond to this thread.

-Sal

El Chuxter
09-24-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm not personally into it, since I want the vehicles, too, but $65 is a bit high. These retail for $15, and I've not seen a standard vehicle yet that wasn't easy to find.

figrin bran
09-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Deep Six looks like the vintage version. I hope that's not the case

El Chuxter
09-24-2008, 09:40 PM
He has a retooled head and some more joints but, otherwise, is the same. :(

figrin bran
09-25-2008, 01:12 AM
He has a retooled head and some more joints but, otherwise, is the same. :(

I have the Vintage SHARC and it's not in great shape and so I had been thinking about getting one. My vintage Deep Six isn't in great condition either and so I had been hoping for a new sculpt. Oh well, you'd think with all the reuse of molds/sculpts that they're doing for this line, that they could sink some of that money into some more new sculpts. Plus with the extra 2 dollars that they're charging for single carded figures, you'd figure that the money should be going to places other than just Hasbro's pocketbooks. But I guess not...

JediTricks
09-25-2008, 08:00 PM
I've always wanted the Water Mocassin, so I can't wait to get that. I have the original SHARC and several repaints, so I'm kinda over buying it (it's one of my favorite vehicles though). I never liked the Sky Hawk, and the Firebat's been done to death, but they're not a bad idea to release if they put some windows into the Sky Hawk.

I would think going for the originals would be cheaper, none of these are new molds.

pbarnard
09-29-2008, 01:55 PM
I've always wanted the Water Mocassin, so I can't wait to get that. I have the original SHARC and several repaints, so I'm kinda over buying it (it's one of my favorite vehicles though). I never liked the Sky Hawk, and the Firebat's been done to death, but they're not a bad idea to release if they put some windows into the Sky Hawk.

I would think going for the originals would be cheaper, none of these are new molds.

WHAT??!?!?!?! There's only been 2 versions of the Firebat...EVER. Terrordrome and Mailaway. How is that done to death? Are you mixing in the Night Adder as a Firebat? The Rattler with all it's paint variants, rear gunner/no rear gunner, side switching has been over done.

I've been wondering what has happened to the Firebat/SHARC since they were originally planned to be released as their own wave post HISS/VAMP but before the Target Jets.

I'll just wait though for it to come at retail or through Hasbro since the Pony10 code usually works and they'll probably have something for the holidays too that'll knock down the price or free shipping.

JediTricks
10-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I dunno what I was thinking, must have been the Rattler and Conquest X-30 rereleases scrambling my brain.