PDA

View Full Version : SSG Facebook(box) Thread

InsaneJediGirl
09-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Since I rarely use MySpace anymore, and I most of you are added on there anyways, its time to see who's on Facebox(: beard : ) or Facebook for you non-Canadian members. :thumbsup::D

I'm under ajohnson@student.griffintech.edu .........Hmm, maybe we need a SSG Network.

pbarnard
09-25-2008, 03:55 PM
several of us are there already...

paul.j.barnard@gmail.com and than you can guess as to who's SSG and who's not from my list...

InsaneJediGirl
09-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Well yeah, of course I have some SSGers on my list, what kind of person would I be if I didnt?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Here (http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1077720066&ref=name) is the link; hopefully it works.

CaptainSolo1138
09-25-2008, 09:19 PM
This be me. (http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=21707777&ref=profile)

Rocketboy
09-25-2008, 09:30 PM
I might as well join party... (http://www.new.facebook.com/tos.php?api_key=217a985a6147764ff583cc944fa14633&next=%3Fnetwork%3D1%26postinstall%3D1%26_fb_fromha sh%3D20a7c6e70d4114c6f6ac4b5e8c296c08%26ref%3Dseea ll%26se%3DgicAf0PX4KupgwLqOqDP1OYksFME3OWWD5eKJHbF pMsCUSc6y7hm1o6UPRT21I7d81lIVKFIX6QLFea0J-TUZduptjgcswPcQMlM0OaacJA&v=1.0&canvas=#/profile.php?id=567901596&ref=profile)

bobafrett
09-26-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm so old school, that I'm just going to scribble my stuff on a piece of paper.

bobafrett
09-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Found this little article on facebook!

Facebook Profiles Out Narcissists LiveScience Staff

LiveScience.com
Fri Sep 26, 9:31 AM ET

Facebook profiles can tell you more than just peoples' birthdays and what movies they like - they can reveal the self-adoring, a new study suggests.

Researchers at the University of Georgia gave personality questionnaires to nearly 130 Facebook users and analyzed the content of their online profiles. They also had untrained observers look at the profiles and rate how narcissistic, or excessively egotistical, the owners of the profiles were.

The results of the study are detailed in the October issue of the journal Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.

The researchers found that the number of friends and wall posts (messages left by the owner of the profile or friends) that a person had on their profile correlated with how narcissistic they were. Study leader Laura Buffardi, a Ph.D. student in psychology, said this is similar to how narcissists behave in the real world, forming numerous but shallow relationships with others.

Narcissistic Facebook users were also more likely to have glamorous, self-promoting pictures for their main profile photo, while others tended to use snapshots, the study found. The untrained observers also noted the differences in photos and amount of social interaction.

"We found that people who are narcissistic use Facebook in a self-promoting way that can be identified by others," Buffardi said.

Narcissism hampers a person's ability to form healthy, long-term relationships, said study co-author W. Keith Campbell.

"Narcissists might initially be seen as charming, but they end up using people for their own advantage," Campbell said. "They hurt the people around them and they hurt themselves in the long run."

In the past, research has found that personal Web pages are more popular among narcissists, but this doesn't mean that all Facebook users are narcissists.

"Nearly all of our students use Facebook, and it seems to be a normal part of people's social interactions," Campbell said. "It just turns out that narcissists are using Facebook the same way they use their other relationships - for self-promotion with an emphasis on quantity over quality."

Jargo
10-13-2008, 03:31 PM
This is mine (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1298088134&ref=profile) add me if you want, just don't send me any application requests or virtual gifty things unless it's something i have displayed in my boxes tab please. just had to delete about fifty apps i had to install to see what someone sent me.
and don't mind the friends block, it's just an experiment to see how many vain gym obsessed men will accept a friend request from a complete stranger that has the looks of the pilsbury doughboy. At the moment i have 144 'friends' and only a handful of those I've spoken to. weirdest thing is that i haven't had one single add friend request from a female. yet plenty rate me hot on those applications thingies.
other weird thing is that i haven't found anyone i actually know in real life yet.

pbarnard
10-13-2008, 04:08 PM
This is mine (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1298088134&ref=profile) add me if you want, just don't send me any application requests or virtual gifty things unless it's something i have displayed in my boxes tab please. just had to delete about fifty apps i had to install to see what someone sent me.
and don't mind the friends block, it's just an experiment to see how many vain gym obsessed men will accept a friend request from a complete stranger that has the looks of the pilsbury doughboy. At the moment i have 144 'friends' and only a handful of those I've spoken to. weirdest thing is that i haven't had one single add friend request from a female. yet plenty rate me hot on those applications thingies.
other weird thing is that i haven't found anyone i actually know in real life yet.

Mine is essentially the de facto reunion planning device for over half of my high school graduating class. So I do know most of them, tried to forget half of them, and only accepting from the people who've changed the most or interested me the most than.

The next biggest group are Creighton alums of the CU Pep Band.

After that, are you strangers from SSG. Weird people that group. Most of them should be locked up ;)

JetsAndHeels
10-18-2008, 02:41 PM
I just signed up....my email address is stevenmccr@hotmail.com

CaptainSolo1138
10-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Added. Welsome to the Facebox.

JetsAndHeels
10-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks bro. I appreciate it. :)