PDA

View Full Version : Great News Everyone

DarkArtist
09-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Hey Everyone

Just wanted to let everyone know about some good news that has come my way:

at 2:00pm this afternoon My wife gave me great news that I wanted to share with my second family on SirStevesguide.com.

we are about to bring another little furthur Jedi or Sith in the world. we are expecting our first child and wanted to share the joyous news with the great people of SirStevesguide.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Congrats dude!!!! That's fantastic news!!!!

Any chance of giving the child a SW name or would the wife think that was going a bit too far?!!?!? :thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
09-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Babies are awsome! Speaking from experience,

1. Get your wife a lot of ice cream
2. Buy a massage book, a foot massager, a neck messager, and those fancy things filled with herbs and crap that women like to put over their eyes...ask a saloon about that last one.
3. Take a weekend class in lamaze....a 2-day intensive not the 6 week deal.
4. Be patient. If you think your wife is unpredictable now....JUST WAIT!
5. Enjoy this time, be dorky about it, make a big deal about it, be thankful, and remind your in-laws and parents that you are still in charge and their advice is helpful when you ask for it!

If we're voting for SW names for you child, I vote for Fett if it's a boy, and Fettina if it's a girl. :thumbsup:

Best wishes!

Ando
09-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Congratulations, DarkArtist!

Here's some advice:

http://www.tanmonkey.com/wife-pregnant.php (http://www.tanmonkey.com/wife-pregnant.php)

InsaneJediGirl
09-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Congrats DarkArtist!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Hooray! Your junk works!!! :D

bobafrett
09-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Congratulations DarkArtist!

I remember my first son. He's 17 now. Boy how time has flown!

TeeEye7
09-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Congrats to you and your wife, DA!

It's a life-changing event that, when all is said and done, is a wonderful experience! As 'frett said, the time goes by fast! Our son is 19 now and my wife and I wonder how that can be.

When you bring your son/daughter home, be sure to read the owner's manual. In part it will state: Kids monopolize your time, energy and finances. Kids break your heart at the same time as giving you love. Kids perplex you and enlighten you. Parents will want to drown them while at the same time wonder how you ever got along in life without them. Have patience, a sense of humor, but most of all have fun and enjoy being a parent! (this you'll find under the chapter of "Tips for Successful Parenting").

For me, being a parent is the best job I've ever had! (Especially the part about what it takes to become a parent in the first place :lipsrsealed:!)

Again, congrats!
TI7

Kidhuman
09-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Congrtas dude. All the best to you guys

Neuroleptic
09-25-2008, 09:48 PM
Congradulations!

Your life will never be the same. Luckily, we skipped the whole hormonal pregnancy labor thing. So I don't know what you're in for as far as that goes.

But I can garontee you'll remember the first time you hold your kid for the rest of your life.

:D I got to hold mine for the first time at 2:30PM in front of the Vilaro gas station located on 1000 oaks road in San Antonio October 5th, 2006.

And I got to hold her first :D

DarkArtist
09-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks everyone. looking forward to posting a pic of the future Jedi or Sith when he or she arrives (might even be a May baby and if things go well might even share a birthday with Star Wars might be a 5/25 baby.

as far as Star Wars names i think my wife would shoot me on site if we named it any Star Wars names (although I did mention the name Kyle and she seemed alright with it - haven't told her yet that Kyle is taken from Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces - will have to see if she picks up on that)

will keep everyone posted as I know more.

once again thanks for all the warm wishes, you truly are like a second family to me

sergiurusu
09-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Congrats! That is good news!:thumbsup:

Qui-Long Gone
09-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Do you think your wife would go nuts over Sid, as in Sideous?

Or for a girl, Mara Jade....I bet she'd miss that SW reference!

2-1B
09-26-2008, 08:30 PM
ask a saloon about that last one.

I recommend AGAINST bringing a pregnant woman anything from a saloon. ;)

lol

Congrats ! :)

LTBasker
09-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Congratulations!

I recommend AGAINST bringing a pregnant woman anything from a saloon. ;)

On the contrary; he can have the rum and she can have the coke. :p

Qui-Long Gone
09-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Your saloons doen't serve wiskey and give manicures? Must be a West Texas thing. :pleased:

DarkArtist
10-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm wishes and congrats.

however we recently found out that that we had a miscarriage. this has set us back for a time before we are ready to try again.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and hopefully soon we will try again and have success. SirStevesguide is really like a second family to me.

SirSteve
10-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Congratulations!

Ando
10-01-2008, 12:36 PM
My sincerest condolences to you, DarkArtist. My heart breaks for you. May God be with you and your wife in your loss.

Neuroleptic
10-01-2008, 12:53 PM
That's truly heart breaking to hear, D.A.

I'v been sitting here for a few minutes after reading your last post and writing the first line if mine, and I now realize there isn't any much more I can say. It's just such a tradgedy on so many levels, that it strikes me as monumentaly unfair for people to have to go through that. Words just don't seem to be enough.

I'm trully sorry, man.

Qui-Long Gone
10-01-2008, 03:13 PM
That is very difficult to endure. :(:(

Best wishes.