PDA

View Full Version : The End Is Near!

Qui-Long Gone
09-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Are you a nerd like me who loves movies with apocalypse themes? I just live the idea of the dystopia, society turned on its head. There's something familiar about the alienation of characters in a world upside down, something primal and humane, yet cruel and terrifying.

Maybe that's why I always loved the Twilight Zone, but admired the utopian idealisim and hopefullness of Star Trek.

I can never get enough doom and gloom movies, zombies, pleague, alien invasion.....I'm such a sucker for whatever Hollywood puts out....

What are your favorites? What are the worst?

A few of my personal favs.
The Road Warrior
The Matrix
Escape from NY
28 Days Later
The Terminator
T2

A few of the worst, in my opinion (because they could have been awesome like the above...)
Battlefield Earth
I am Legend
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
12 Monkeys

Ando
09-25-2008, 03:23 PM
A few of the worst, in my opinion (because they could have been awesome like the above...)
Battlefield Earth
I am Legend
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
12 Monkeys

I Am Legend was one of the worst F ups ever. It was like they watched the two previous movies (which weren't exactly faithful, but were still good) as source material and not the book.

Shaun of the Dead would be my vote for the "Best" column.

DarthNihilus
10-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Would Stigmata count as an 'end of days' movie?

Qui-Long Gone
10-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Never saw it....???

Does it involve a plot of a loner (or loners) vs. some evil, or some kind of virus, evil robots enslaving humans, zombies, biblical themes of doom, or gratuitous boobies?

Darth Jax
10-21-2008, 06:26 PM
One of the worst apocalyptical movies i ever saw was Rats: Nights of Terror.

Having said that i so totally recommend it to everyone cuz of how bad it is. A stellar example of Italian knock-off cinema