PDA

View Full Version : Cade Skywalker - lightsaber?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2008, 08:04 PM
I got this a little over a week ago but forgot to ask about it. In the packaging, there's a clear and obvious place for the lightsaber to go, but Cade does not have one (and makes a point in the comic to mention how he doesn't use one). Was a variant released? Or has Hasbro said anything about this? I'm not looking to buy one, I'm just curious.

FundingMyAddiction
09-26-2008, 02:02 AM
That's odd. I got my Cade comic pack straight out of a case that I had just opened up and he has not only a lightsaber, but an unlit hilt as well.

figrin bran
09-26-2008, 03:43 AM
I've seen 2 versions of this particular pack. Cade w. green lightsaber and then Cade without a lightsaber.

DarkArtist
09-26-2008, 01:02 PM
i just ordered this comic pack off HTS so I'm hoping for a lightsaber to be shipped with it. really don't want to have to hunt for the variant one with lightsaber.

what does the saber hilt look like? Is it an all new hilt sculpt or a repack hilt from previous figures

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Could someone please post a picture of the saber variation?

jediguy
09-26-2008, 04:17 PM
mine came with a lightsaber

if I had come across one that did not have a lightsaber, I would have left it and waited to find one that was complete

just because something is missing from the set does not make it a variation, it makes it a mistake, or maybe somebody stole the lightsaber from the package

either way, I suggest that you get the one with the lightsaber or you wont be getting everything you paid for

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2008, 05:38 PM
mine came with a lightsaber

if I had come across one that did not have a lightsaber, I would have left it and waited to find one that was complete

just because something is missing from the set does not make it a variation, it makes it a mistake, or maybe somebody stole the lightsaber from the package

either way, I suggest that you get the one with the lightsaber or you wont be getting everything you paid for

It's not an error, it's a legitimate variation, as many other people seem to have found similar ones. I'm not going to stress about it as I don't care for Legacy and Cade said he doesn't use lightsabers anyway . . . if it was missing the figures, that would have been one thing, but I'm fine with it.

FundingMyAddiction
09-26-2008, 10:24 PM
It's not an error, it's a legitimate variation, as many other people seem to have found similar ones. I'm not going to stress about it as I don't care for Legacy and Cade said he doesn't use lightsabers anyway . . . if it was missing the figures, that would have been one thing, but I'm fine with it.

It's definitely a widespread variation. I can see the version without a saber on eBay, like in this auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-COMIC-2-PACK-DARTH-TALON-CADE-SKYWALKER-MOC_W0QQitemZ220282959343QQihZ012QQcategoryZ751QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem).

I've attached pictures of the one I have. The hilt looks like a new sculpt to me.

What a bizarre variation though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures! That is definitely interesting.

JediTricks
10-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Hasbro confirmed to us in Q&A that there was a production issue...
March 20th:

SSG: With the upcoming Comic Pack figure of Cade Skywalker, you seem to have nailed his look, but he doesn't seem to be coming with his green lightsaber. Might that be rectified in time for the figure's release since it's unlikely we'll be seeing another Cade Skywalker figure for a while? Cade's even holding the hilt on the cover of Legacy #2, and after all, your figure of Quinlan Vos wasn't entirely accurate to the issue he came with, instead opting for his more popular look, so why not give Cade his saber?
Hasbro: Originally, it was planned that Cade would have a saber hilt. However, the hard copy was misplaced and by the time the mistake was discovered, it could not be included. We decided to release as is (since he has his blaster rifle).

FundingMyAddiction
10-04-2008, 01:30 AM
March 20th:

SSG: With the upcoming Comic Pack figure of Cade Skywalker, you seem to have nailed his look, but he doesn't seem to be coming with his green lightsaber. Might that be rectified in time for the figure's release since it's unlikely we'll be seeing another Cade Skywalker figure for a while? Cade's even holding the hilt on the cover of Legacy #2, and after all, your figure of Quinlan Vos wasn't entirely accurate to the issue he came with, instead opting for his more popular look, so why not give Cade his saber?
Hasbro: Originally, it was planned that Cade would have a saber hilt. However, the hard copy was misplaced and by the time the mistake was discovered, it could not be included. We decided to release as is (since he has his blaster rifle).

That's interesting. I wonder at what point were they able to correct their production issue and not only include the hilt but the entire lightsaber? I picked up my comic pack (with lightsaber) straight out of a brand new case around the same time they would have been coming out.

jonthejedi
10-07-2008, 05:33 AM
I picked this two-pack up as soon as I saw it at TRU...both the one I purchased & the one I left were missing the lightsaber(s). I saw the space in the tray, and figured it was Hasbro's decision. I didn't think he had picked up a lightsaber at that point in the story.

jediguy
10-07-2008, 08:39 AM
March 20th:

SPOILER ALERT!!!

on the last page of the comic included Cade Skywalkerpicks up a lightsaber

Since Hasbro admitted that the lightsaber was supposed to be there, and the packaging shows room for it to be included, I still believe the packs at retail that do not include the lightsaber are incomplete, and those who buy it are not getting everything included for the price of the comic pack

JediTricks
10-08-2008, 04:54 AM
That's interesting. I wonder at what point were they able to correct their production issue and not only include the hilt but the entire lightsaber? I picked up my comic pack (with lightsaber) straight out of a brand new case around the same time they would have been coming out.Case distribution doesn't work like that though, it's not "first in, first out" for these cargo carriers, it's "first in, last out" and then everything gets jumbled on distribution anyway, so sometimes you'll find cases at Target or WM that are brand new the day before the earliest day of that run. TRU seems to be the least likely for this, strangely.

My guess is, judging by the reports so far, that maybe 20% of the initial run was done without the saber, but without working at Hasbro, there's no way to know, perhaps we could get flooded with more soon.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

on the last page of the comic included Cade Skywalkerpicks up a lightsaber

Since Hasbro admitted that the lightsaber was supposed to be there, and the packaging shows room for it to be included, I still believe the packs at retail that do not include the lightsaber are incomplete, and those who buy it are not getting everything included for the price of the comic pack
Yeah, pretty much, it's an active variant and not a nice one for loose collectors - but MOC variant collectors will have something to like.

Umbra
10-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Well, after missing this comic pack 3 times, i finally found one today, but much to my dismay, it is without a lightsaber. Now i picked it up for fear of not finding it again and i wanted Talon alot, but i very much want a complete cade aswell. Now i'm saving the reciet and not opening it because i will return it in the eventuality i find the Complete version, but is there any chance i can contact hasbro and get a replacement or anything?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-13-2008, 01:30 AM
Well, after missing this comic pack 3 times, i finally found one today, but much to my dismay, it is without a lightsaber. Now i picked it up for fear of not finding it again and i wanted Talon alot, but i very much want a complete cade aswell. Now i'm saving the reciet and not opening it because i will return it in the eventuality i find the Complete version, but is there any chance i can contact hasbro and get a replacement or anything?
You could. I might actually try that, too, now that you mention it. Maybe we could ask a question in the Q&A about it.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-13-2008, 02:00 AM
I forgot about this when I found it yesterday. I just checked though and mine did have a saber.

jonthejedi
10-13-2008, 05:30 AM
I just found another one w/o Cade's lightsaber...so Hasbro hasn't fixed the problem as expediently as they would have us believe(this was at Target).

Umbra
10-13-2008, 04:12 PM
OK, I got through to them today (tuesday) Apparently, their policy is that they send out a mailing label for you to send the full set back to them for a replacement. They do not have just the saber's on hand to replace with. (which is rather silly for a blatant and obviously known error) The catch is, the phone representative has no way of knowing if they have that set in stock there. So, if your figure set arrives there and they don't have your exact replacement set, they send something equivalent instead, no way of just getting your set back either as they are handeled by different people with no communication between them.

So, I could send my set back, but possibly lose it all together, or i guess even get another non-lightsaber pack. I don't know what to do now...

DarkArtist
10-14-2008, 03:25 PM
i ordered mine from HTS and the pack came with the hilt and lightsaber. i have yet to see these at retail yet. it's very wierd that they are disappearing that quickly from the shevles.

Kidhuman
10-14-2008, 10:26 PM
I picked mine up today with the saber in it

Umbra
10-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Just so you know: I'm officially jealous of both of you :-p

jonthejedi
10-15-2008, 05:12 AM
I just found another one yesterday at TRU w/o the hilt & saber. Oh well.

JediTricks
10-17-2008, 12:19 AM
I've run into 3 or 4 of 'em at Targets and TRU, all without sabers. It seems like this is going to be the one initial version that ends up less popular than the variant.

FundingMyAddiction
10-18-2008, 03:42 AM
I've run into 3 or 4 of 'em at Targets and TRU, all without sabers. It seems like this is going to be the one initial version that ends up less popular than the variant.

Reading everyone's posts just boggles me. I went to several stores tonight, including Target and TRU, they both had quite a few of this comic pack and they ALL had lightsabers. I haven't seen a single one of these without a saber.

Since it doesn't seem like Hasbro has a solution, I'm willing to pick some of these up for those of you who'd like the version with a saber. Just cover cost and shipping. Let me know so I can buy them the next time I go out.

Umbra
10-26-2008, 05:34 PM
I found 4 more of these packs this weekend, 2 at a local comic book store, and 2 at Target...all 4 missing the bloody lightsaber x_x

:cry:

JediTricks
11-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Found a lone pack at Target recently, but Cade's hand broke as soon as it came out of the package. Then for a week I couldn't find a replacement at all, and finally earlier this week I found a saberless one to replace my damaged one, and Target could rightly claim the one I returned was defective.

FundingMyAddiction
11-05-2008, 01:54 AM
I've finally started finding packs without lightsabers.

Just to let everyone know, there are officially THREE variations.

The first is the comic pack with the hilt and the lightsaber included.

The second uses the same exact bubble, meaning there's a spot next to the hand for the hilt and there's a slot for the saber, but neither are included.

The third is a completely different bubble. It has the slot for the lightsaber blade, but it has no spot for the hilt and neither are included.

JediTricks
11-05-2008, 11:45 PM
Whoa, you've seen a tray without those slots? That's crazy! Those have to be the earliest run, why do a tray variation otherwise?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-20-2008, 05:58 PM
I saw on GalacticHunter that Hasbro was now offering these parts through customer service on their site, so I e-mailed them about it. First, I got an e-mail saying they would send a label so I could send back the set and get a new one in the mail. Then, I got an e-mail saying to disregard the first one, and they would send the lightsaber, but that there was no extra hilt. I had to write them back and link them to this (http://www.rebelscum.com/TLC/ComicPacks/04TalonCade/packaging-393.jpg) picture and let them know what their own product includes. :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll get sorted out.

FundingMyAddiction
11-21-2008, 02:35 AM
Whoa, you've seen a tray without those slots? That's crazy! Those have to be the earliest run, why do a tray variation otherwise?

If you were interested in seeing it, I've attached the picture of the bubble without the spot for the hilt.

Hasbro sure complicated the hell out of this comic pack in particular.

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Wow, that's a 3rd tray variation. I've seen the trays with the slot for both, and the trays with no slot for either, but I don't think I've seen that one. Hasbro is trying to drive us mad!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-25-2008, 03:16 PM
I got another response from Hasbro today, which said they would be sending a mailing label since they don't offer parts separately (the same as the first e-mail). This is so frustrating. Hopefully I'll at least get the lightsaber. Maybe we should put the question back up to make sure they know what the hell is going on.

Darth Romas
12-24-2008, 02:08 PM
i got 2 one with lightsaber and one with lightsaber to customize him. ill make a sith cade skywalker