PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Gabon

OC47150
09-25-2008, 08:38 PM
I had the gay guy pegged in the first 10 minutes. New record.

First impression: Ace is full of poo.

DarthQuack
10-01-2008, 07:48 AM
I like Bob, as well as Dan I think on the loser tribe.

OC47150
10-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Professor Bob looked like he just came off the Bataan Death March.

Boy, the reward challenges are getting rougher. For long-time fans, can you see someone like Rudy in a challenge like that?

OC47150
10-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Wasn't it a little early to shake the tribes up?

Someone should tell Kenny to quit thinking the girls are cute 'cause the cute girl is always booted!

I think Jacque got the shaft. She had one bad challenge and everything hinged on that.

dr_evazan22
10-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Both this week and last I was hoping that the people would come to the conclusion that Ace should be voted off instead of Jackie or Paloma. Cut off the head! As important as it is to maintain strength for challenges I would think they should take the long view.

Maybe its just me, but most of the girls are pretty good looking, with a variety of different looks.

Bosskman
10-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Yeah, get rid of Ace.

OC47150
10-16-2008, 08:59 PM
I have a problem with other tribe members going through someone else's stuff. I thought Sugar would be smart enough to hide the idol elsewhere. Guess I was wrong.

Both of the challenges were cool. The immunity challenge was different. I liked the old dude faking Ace out.

Sending GC home was the right decision.

dr_evazan22
10-16-2008, 09:50 PM
I realize that GC wanted to go, but I still think they should have voted for Sugar or Ace. Doing that would either negate the immuntiy idol or remove a STRONG competitor. Then let GC quit on his own, or at the next tribal council. I think that if the situation were reversed, Ace would have done something (other then voting for GC).

They hinted at Ace asking for the idol from Sugar for next weeks ep. I can see heim turning on her afterwards. I think he would've voted her off after her performance at the challenge.

Banthaholic
10-16-2008, 11:07 PM
I also have a problem with people going through others bags. I think there should be a rule that it's off limits and subject to removal from the game.

I also think that anyone that get picked to be on the show (out of the many that attempt to) if anyone ever mentions they want to leave the game they are fined. If they leave the game without being voted off, they are fined even more. It's pure CRAP that every season some idiot goes on the show and then wants to leave. Hellp pal you just got a 1 in 18 chance for a million and you're throwing in the towel. It just blows my mind...

DarthQuack
10-28-2008, 04:32 PM
I agree with hating people that just give up and leave. Freaking pansies. Suck it up. So many other people would give so much to be on that show and they just take it for granted. It's called Survivor for a reason.

OC47150
10-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Double shocker!

Sugar betraying Ace wasn't expected. Ace had been too cocky and full of himself for some time. But he was a stronger player and I'd at least keep him around for another week or two.

Dan can only blame himself for his eviction. He was paranoid about being voted off, and let everyone know it.

I thought Susie was a goner. She and Professor Bob has gotten very little camera time this season.

I'm glad Bob got to enjoy the reward challenge. But for goodness sake, man, eat!!

dr_evazan22
11-01-2008, 02:12 PM
I thought Ken did a great job on Sugar! I hate to make comparisons, but I while I was watching Ken work on Sugar, it reminded me of Palps working on Ani in ROTS.... Everything Ken / Palps said would happen did happen, just not for the reason that Sugar / Ani were told would happen. Once Ace asked for the idol, Sugar believed everything else that she was told was true, and it was a bald faced lie. This all should've happened 2 weeks ago tho.

The one that truly deserved to go home was Sugar. She has been absolutely worthless at challenges!

And I kind don't like saying this, but I'm having a very difficult time seeing Crystal as an Olympic level athlete. Maybe now that Ace is gone she can get over whatever attitude she seems to have. It's a good thing she's kept her secret!

I thought Susie was a goner also.

OC47150
11-01-2008, 02:57 PM
And I kind don't like saying this, but I'm having a very difficult time seeing Crystal as an Olympic level athlete. Maybe now that Ace is gone she can get over whatever attitude she seems to have. It's a good thing she's kept her secret!

I whole-heartedly agree, Doc. For an Olympian, Crystal has a very poor attitude. When the rice incident was brought up at tribal, she blew it out of proportion. It was a simple accident, but she turned it into the whole tribe being against her. Wah, wah, wah.

If she doesn't start doing better, regardless of who's there, she'll soon be gone.

DarthQuack
11-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Awesome episode....loved the Ace-h*^e that Sugar wrote....she's pretty smart and pretty hot too. Dan freaked out too much, I was surprised at the divided vote with that alliance though...unless they did it on purpose.

OC47150
11-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Another surprise eviction. Marcus was a good player, but Susie was a wild card.

Now Randy reeked of bovine scatology last night. Like so many before him, he thinks he's the master of the game but the fall will come.

Professor Bob reminds me of Bill Nye the Science Guy. It was good to see Bob eat.

OC47150
11-14-2008, 09:00 PM
What's the bug up Randy's behind? He's a vile man who, after appearing on Survivor, probably will see his wedding video business dry up. But that's deserved. Not eliminating him now was a mistake.

Corrine's not much better, either.

I don't know what it is, but Survivor and Biggest Loser (another show I enjoy) have some of the vilest contestants this season. (Vicky, Brady and Heba on BL). Don't know if it's done for ratings, but in these two cases, particularly BL, it's making the show almost unwatchable.

There. I'm coming off my soapbox. I feel better. :grin:

Lord Malakite
11-15-2008, 02:33 AM
What's the bug up Randy's behind? He's a vile man who, after appearing on Survivor, probably will see his wedding video business dry up. But that's deserved. Not eliminating him now was a mistake.
I'd have to disagree with that. I think Kenny and his gang made the right move last night. While Kenny may not of fully believed what he was selling "story wise" in regards to why he wanted whom he targeted out of the game, I do have to say that his made-up "reason" did in fact hit the nail on the head.

As for Randy, at this point in the game I also wouldn't mind seeing him go being the jerk/pest that he is, but as far as the game goes (with as many people that are currently still in play still) he is more of an inconvenient nuisance than he is an actual threat. Now if he is still around after the next 2 or 3 rounds I'd start to get more worried.

OC47150
11-18-2008, 08:27 PM
For those of you who know who Donnie Baker is, everytime I see Randy, I want to say 'shut up, Randy!' :thumbsup:

TeeEye7
11-18-2008, 09:19 PM
....everytime I see Randy, I want to say 'shut up, Randy!' :thumbsup:

I swear to God, you do! ;)

OC47150
11-20-2008, 09:17 PM
It was GREAT to see Randy finally get his!!!!!! Mr. Delusional is gone!!!!!

Bob the Professor played along very well.

Sugar is a smarter player than she leads on to believe. At this stage, I could see her in the final 2 or 3.

DarthQuack
12-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Awesome season so far....Loving all the blindsides.

OC47150
12-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Not going to miss the bitter Corinne. I bet Sugar didn't like Corinne, either. :yes:

DarthQuack
12-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Looked like Corrinne had some nice implants though! :thumbsup:

dr_evazan22
12-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Came across an interview with Corinne on Comcast, she really disses on Sugar. I won't miss her negativity and superior attitude. I think we probably all come across people whom we think are just complete idiots, but to publicly insult her and talk about what education she hasn't received, I think it says a lot more about Corinne then it does Sugar.

As for Sugar, and even Susie, I hated them when it was still team vs team because I don't think either seemed to contribute. But, now in individual play, I'm reevaluating.

I'm disappointed that Ken flipped on Matty. He should've stuck with the plan and voted for Corinne. That said, I hope Ken and Bob make it to the end.

http://www.comcast.net/tv/insidesurvivor/731/castawayinterviewcorinnekaplan/

OC47150
12-08-2008, 08:21 PM
I re-watched last week's Survivor. (I missed the first 20 minutes and the reward challenge). Still not a huge fan of Corinne's but I think she was in sales rep mode to get through the game: cut-throat, cold.

Matty and Bob are the strongest players left in the game. The others can't compete. If the others want a chance to win, they need to get rid of Bob and Matty.

That said, I think Matty and Bob still have a good chance of winning.

OC47150
12-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Anyone else think Randy's gone off the deep end with the mohawk?

I won't miss Crystal. For a former Olympian, she sure wasn't much of a competitor.

Of the final five, Susie doesn't belong there. She's rode the coattails all season long. Kenny's a little too conniving for my tastes. Maybe it the professional gamer in him.

I'd like to see Bob or Sugar win. Matty winning wouldn't bother me, either.

And I can't wait to see where next season's filmed!!

OC47150
12-14-2008, 10:51 PM
The final vote was closer than I thought. After the jury's questions, I knew Sugar didn't have a chance of getting a single vote.

A house of cards as the final immunity challenge? Very strange.

Corinne's still a bitter girl. I think she has issues.

TeeEye7
12-15-2008, 12:40 PM
I'd like to see a death match with Corrine and Jerri Matheny :laugh:

pegger
12-15-2008, 02:47 PM
A house of cards as the final immunity challenge? Very strange.

2 things I noticed last night

1) When did they stop giving away cars? You think they could have gotten a cheap GM or something this year...

2) No "will" challenge? That house of cards was LAME.

Glad to see Bob win it - oh, and Sugar was SMOKING at the finale.

OC47150
12-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Sugar definitely had that 50s pin-up girl look going last night.

A car hasn't been given away for at least 2 - 3 years, but don't hold me to that.

Allowing Matty and Bob to do the tie-breaker was the right thing to do. Too bad Matty couldn't start a fire if his life depended on it.

When the final votes were being read, I thought, these people can't be dumb enough to vote for Susie to win, can they? I could tell from the questions that Sugar wasn't going to get any votes, but Susie getting three? Still mind-boggling.

It was great that someone likeable as Bob did win. I'd like to see him divide the $100,000 between Sugar and Susie.

Someone should take Corinne out back and just beat her. She's a twit. Her definition of sarcasm is different than mine.

Brazil looks interesting. Can't wait for February!!

dr_evazan22
12-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I thought that Sugar deserved to get more votes than Susie. I don't think she really deserved to be there... I did think both Sugar and Bob did though. With how open the final 4 were I would have thought that Sugar would've told Matty about the plan for a tie vote. Very smart for Bob to go off and practice.

Corrine and Randy just seem like nasty bitter people, and it seems like they are still holding a grudge.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised there was no will challenge also, as well I don't recall there being a "how well do you know your tribes-mates".

Maybe the car giveaway was replaced by the Sprint 100,000 award?

Too bad about Kenny. I liked him, but that last show he was WAY too cocky! I couldn't believe he fell for what Sugar was telling him.

Would have liked to've seen more of the girls that got voted off earlier, like Paloma. She was lookin' good.

DarthQuack
12-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Sugar was smoking....she played a good game, what else can you do? Bob was my preseason pick to win so I was happy about that outcome :)

Looking forward to Brazil definitely!