PDA

View Full Version : I've been had!!! (Don't let it happen to you!)

Old Fossil
09-25-2008, 07:50 PM
So I bought a Saelucami Clone trooper today, the first SW figure I've bought in... well, since the first wave of Legacy came out. I got this trooper to go with my Commander Neyo, thinking that there must be some subtle difference in the paint app that would differentiate the trooper from the Commander.

There is: simulated dirt. Neyo has dirt "scuffs" here and there on his armor. The Trooper does not. That's it. No other difference.

Now I guess I should've done some homework before going out and buying what is basically a 'clean' Commander Neyo figure, a character I already own. Hasbro has fleeced me out of seven dollars because I didn't surf the Interweb and found out the truth beforehand.

Criminy! We hates it, Hasbro, we hates it, forever!:mad:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Well, the "Saleucami Trooper" from the Treachery on Saleucami set had the visor. Both he and Commander Neyo placed high in the Saga Legends vote, but only Neyo was rereleased. I bought him to replace the visor guy, since both Neyo and his wingman are the same CGI model. You'd think, then, that they would want to rerelease the visor guy . . . guess not. So now I'll get the "clean Neyo" to finish the droid; I wish they'd announced it before I bought the single carded Neyo.

FundingMyAddiction
09-26-2008, 12:24 AM
So I bought a Saelucami Clone trooper today, the first SW figure I've bought in... well, since the first wave of Legacy came out. I got this trooper to go with my Commander Neyo, thinking that there must be some subtle difference in the paint app that would differentiate the trooper from the Commander.

There is: simulated dirt. Neyo has dirt "scuffs" here and there on his armor. The Trooper does not. That's it. No other difference.

Now I guess I should've done some homework before going out and buying what is basically a 'clean' Commander Neyo figure, a character I already own. Hasbro has fleeced me out of seven dollars because I didn't surf the Interweb and found out the truth beforehand.

Yeah. But doesn't it make you feel somewhat better that there's an in-universe explanation for that? ;)

The clones under Commander Neyo respected their commander so much that they wore the same exact armor, lest he become singled out as a target of an enemy attack.

DarkArtist
09-26-2008, 11:18 AM

I have to agree with you there Old Fossil. I was hoping for the Saelucami Clone to be the one with the visor from the treachery battlepack, especially since Neyo was released both on a TAC card and then on the Legends card. hopefully Hasbro will make a midyear switch out and give us the other trooper so we can army build him.

Ando
09-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah, this was kind of a lame release/repack. He (Commander Neyo) was really hard to find as it was in the Fan's Choice/TAC packaging, but I was able to round up 4 of them + EE had the Treachery BP so I order one of those, too.

My solution was to keep one figure intact and on the rest, I just cut the sash/straps and comman pauldron off leaving the belt.