PDA

View Full Version : New comic packs - it's Ki-Adi-Mundi with a new hat!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Well, and some more. (http://www.rebelscum.com/2008/scan0031.jpg) Looks like the unseen ones are Ki-Adi-Mundi with Sharad Hett (as hinted at by Hasbro in a recent Q&A), Wedge Antilles with Borsk Fey'lya, and Luke Skywalker with Deena Shan. I wouldn't have necessarily picked these, but the Bothan is nice to finally have, and they at least all look like interesting figures.

JediTricks
09-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Is that what that figure was? I couldn't tell at all, thought it was Scarecrow from Batman.

Too bad Borsk Fey'lya was such a jerk in the books.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Yeah, you can see the hat and purple blade here (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/5e/KiAdiMundi-Outlander.jpg). Looking at it, he seems to use most of the ROTS mold, actually.

Also, the Wedge is cool, but when are we going to get a good pilot one?

DarkJedi5
09-26-2008, 12:35 AM
I think that hat is a bit much. I must have missed that comic but the costumes and colors look more like a marvel book than a dark horse one. And I'm not stoked on the head sculpt for Luke in rebel commando outfit or whatever either.

El Chuxter
09-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Actually one of the better comics Dark Horse did. I've got to admit, that's a two-fer I'll actually want, unlike the recent Mando-rehash drivel. The hat and mask were both to serve as disguise and protect him from the Tatooine sun. (He is mostly bald, y'know.)

Umbra
09-26-2008, 01:23 AM
my first impression was "Woow Borsk Fey'lya's head is huge"

DarkArtist
09-26-2008, 09:10 AM
not sure about these figures yet. definately want the Clone Emperor and Dark Jedi Luke (Jedi holocron accessory looks awesome)

pbarnard
09-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Nice to have a Luke Skywalker and Deena Shaan in their Rebel Alliance commando uniforms.

DarkArtist
09-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Nice to have a Luke Skywalker and Deena Shaan in their Rebel Alliance commando uniforms.

very true. not sure i'm liking the head sculpt though. might have to wait to see a clearer pic or in person before i make my final decision on these 2.

I would really love to another Deena Shan figure with a more accurate Tech suit rather then the officer suit of the previous figure. (if the new head sculpt for the new Deena is cool might have to get another figure of her to customize and make a better officer version of her instead of using the Juno eclipse head.)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Here (http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=11354) are better pics. Looks like Ki-Adi-Mundi is less recycled than I thought . . . not sure about the legs or head but the rest seems to be completely new.

JediTricks
09-27-2008, 12:40 AM
Holy crap, Clone Emp and DE Luke look really good!

Ki-adi-mundi still looks like a Jedi scarecrow to me. :p

Borsk's head does look big enough to be a helmet for another character. :D Wedge looks good, but it's not "The" version he deserves.

I dunno what it is, maybe our complaining, maybe a new sculptor, but some of the facial likenesses for main characters has been getting better with these past few rounds of pics. The Endor Han figure in the Endor battlepack has a much better-looking headsculpt too, and now we have Lukes that look like Luke!

Obsession is Nute
09-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Not too excited about this set. I will probably get all of them but the Ki-Adi one. It is alright though, because these past few comic packs have been awesome! I love the Tol Skorr/Ventress, Anakin/Durge (would have liked a regular hand to swap with the alien claws...), and I am really looking forward to Xizor/Liea and Thrawn/Karrde.

Also a little off topic, but thought you all might like this.

So last night I was going through my old comics and found "Twin Engines of Destruction" the Jodo Kast v.s. Boba Fett comic, printed in January 1997. So I am reading through it and read the line, by Boba "I would have given some of these funds back to the orphanage, but I will need them for my next job."

I remember people being furious over this line, saying "Boba Fett is a Bounty Hunter, a VILLIAN, he does not give money to orphans."

While the writers could not possibly have known this at the time, this line actually fits very neatly with cannon, and makes complete sense. Boba sort of got orphaned at the age of 10...so of all the things he may have sympathy for, orphans would be one of them!

Just something that got this old Star Wars geek all excited! (:

jediguy
09-27-2008, 01:12 AM
most of these will end up as diorama filler for me

I can't get over that Ki Adi Mundi sombrero, and the purple tunic on Hett
me thinks some customizing paint jobs will be in order here

Umbra
09-27-2008, 01:34 AM
Speaking of new comic packs, i'm pretty damn impressed by this tidbit from the JediTempleArchives Q&A..."Yuuzhon Vong/Kyle Katarn comic pack"

nice hasbro ^^

cookiemonster
09-27-2008, 08:01 PM
This Comic Pack is crap, not one I will be getting theres 2 for definite I will be getting and a 3 possible. However the two Prequel Comic Packs arent them, Quin Lan Vos one is slightly better.

pbarnard
09-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Speaking of new comic packs, i'm pretty damn impressed by this tidbit from the JediTempleArchives Q&A..."Yuuzhon Vong/Kyle Katarn comic pack"

nice hasbro ^^

Nice spelling too. Plus that pairing makes no sense to me. Katarn was a bit player in the NJO not appearing until the last 2 books and only as a support pilot mentioned in passing. Plus the first time we actually get to see a Vong is a Shaper in Legacy. What caste, what armor, etc? Why isn't it Kyle and Jan Orrs??? I finally got a Kyle Katarn in a trade and spent the weekend customizing his weaponry. There's so much that WotC/Hasbro/Luceno specifically has screwed up about him, that its spoiled the memory of the original game in a similar way to the SE to a lot of people out there.

This Comic Pack is crap, not one I will be getting theres 2 for definite I will be getting and a 3 possible. However the two Prequel Comic Packs arent them, Quin Lan Vos one is slightly better.

Huh? How does that even begin to make sense. It's crap but I'm getting half of them anyways? Plus which are the ones you're getting?

Me, I'm going to go ape ***** over the wedge/Borsk pack. Bothan customs here I go. Clone Emperor/DE Luke updated. Getting a propper Deena Shan and the Rebel Commando suits/armor to boot is just pure bonus. I could care less about another Quinlan Vos with the exact same sculpt with slightly different paint apps bundled with yet another Kashyyyk clonec(thats getting tiresome).

The MSRP is what is troubling me right now.

Obsession is Nute
09-29-2008, 10:49 PM
I can understand not getting excited over some figures, but buying them anyway. Part of it is habit, part because their is nothing else to buy.

I don't think this wave is "crap" it is just that none of these characters are ones I have been dying for. The new Emperor with his halocron is pretty cool, but my displays really don't have a place for him. The classic Emperor (1997 era, the only good one IMO) rules my Imperial shelf.

I like the Borsk Feylea because he is new, but he is not someone I desperately wanted.

I like the comic 2 packs, but I would like to see video game and book characters, too. I know the books are difficult because some of those characters don't have visual reference, but it would still be nice.

I just want my Komari Vosa and Guri!!!

Sinscia Fat'o
10-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Awesome line up all together, i really want the Ki Adi Mundi as this was the way i first seen him. . . Is it me or are the comic packs just the way to go any more. Luke DE2 is awesome!

cookiemonster
10-14-2008, 11:40 AM

OK as people have pointed out this makes no sense, I must have had a brain fart.

The only thing I must have been trying to say, is that the Ki CP is crap and not one I will be getting, however I will be getting 2 with a possible third. However the prequel comics arent them, with obviously the Quin Lan Vos CP being better than the Ki CP.

(Does that make sense now, Pbarnard, glad your here to keep me on my toes).

__________________________________________________ ________________________________
Now this is what I am thinking right this Min, I am more than likely going to get the Clone Emperor and Luke CP, Deena Shan & Luke (As I can use them to make Specforce Figures), and the Borsk (dont want the Wedge on reflection).

pbarnard
10-14-2008, 12:17 PM
OK as people have pointed out this makes no sense, I must have had a brain fart.

(Does that make sense now, Pbarnard, glad your here to keep me on my toes).

__________________________________________________ ________________________________
Now this is what I am thinking right this Min, I am more than likely going to get the Clone Emperor and Luke CP, Deena Shan & Luke (As I can use them to make Specforce Figures), and the Borsk (dont want the Wedge on reflection).

You'll want the Wedge to make Hobby, Janson, Tycho in dress unis ;)

But yes, you do make a bit more sense, as much as anyone who screams cookie and mashes them up without really swallowing...:thumbsup:

cookiemonster
10-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Actually to be honest Paul I dont, I want them in their flight suits, I want the Rogue Squadron all in Pilot Uniforms, couldnt give a monkeys about the Dress Uniforms, just dont fit in with the way I collect.

DarkJedi5
10-14-2008, 04:35 PM
You'll want the Wedge to make Hobby, Janson, Tycho in dress unis ;)

You joke but there's a large part of me considering buying up another Evo set for the Jensen and another Tycho fig to swap heads. The problem then is the small army of Borsks I'd have left over....

sebillba
10-14-2008, 05:07 PM
You joke but there's a large part of me considering buying up another Evo set for the Jensen and another Tycho fig to swap heads. The problem then is the small army of Borsks I'd have left over....

I'd be happy to split a pack with you, as I only want a Borsk. ;)

Jargo
10-14-2008, 05:31 PM
i do not like them. nosirree.

pbarnard
10-14-2008, 05:33 PM

Let us try to work something to our mutal agreement, because I have an idea for a bunch of Bothans from Koth Melan to the various admirals and generals of the New Republic. And you can give one to others ;)

Tycho
10-27-2008, 11:21 PM
These are OK. But:

Rogue Squadron: Tycho in an X-Wing Pilot uniform, as that is what he flies. Ysanne Isard would also be very interesting. And Tycho (in X-wing gear) and Sate Pestage (another Imperial Dignitary) would serve both comic fans and OT fans, as they are very close to being movie-accurate figures (though yeah, Tycho flew an A-wing in ROTJ).

Heir To The Empire: Where's Captain Palleon (easily made - a short Imperial Officer with white hair and a white mustache)? Or make him an Admiral (NJO). Leia, pregnant, as a Jedi Apprentice. Lando in a new outfit. Salporrin (Chewie's friend - as if they don't have spare Wookiee molds now). And there's a lot more.

New Jedi Order doesn't have much for comics, but Dark Horse could team up with Hasbro, perhaps? There's a market for artistic visuals of NJO. There's not? Well they successfully sold visual material for comic adaptations of HTTE (Zhan's work). Remember, amongst NJO writers are James Luceno and Michael Stackpole - two writers many would agree are at the top of the Star Wars game.

I like the looks of Luke and Deena in these sperial ops uniforms, but I really wasn't into the story (though it entertained about as much as Clone Wars does). I probably will NOT buy these figures, but I can't promise that until I see them.

I guess I'll get Borssk for sure (but I customized that Wedge a long time ago), and Ki-Adi Mundi and Sharad - though the latter is not necessarily a 2-pack I'd ask for. I made that scene from that comic (when Aurra Sing kills Sharad Hett) and I used a regular Ki figure and just gave a Tusken Raider a lightsaber.

DarkArtist
10-28-2008, 08:21 AM
These are OK. But:

Rogue Squadron: Tycho in an X-Wing Pilot uniform, as that is what he flies. Ysanne Isard would also be very interesting. And Tycho (in X-wing gear) and Sate Pestage (another Imperial Dignitary) would serve both comic fans and OT fans, as they are very close to being movie-accurate figures (though yeah, Tycho flew an A-wing in ROTJ).

Heir To The Empire: Where's Captain Palleon (easily made - a short Imperial Officer with white hair and a white mustache)? Or make him an Admiral (NJO). Leia, pregnant, as a Jedi Apprentice. Lando in a new outfit. Salporrin (Chewie's friend - as if they don't have spare Wookiee molds now). And there's a lot more.

New Jedi Order doesn't have much for comics, but Dark Horse could team up with Hasbro, perhaps? There's a market for artistic visuals of NJO. There's not? Well they successfully sold visual material for comic adaptations of HTTE (Zhan's work). Remember, amongst NJO writers are James Luceno and Michael Stackpole - two writers many would agree are at the top of the Star Wars game.

I like the looks of Luke and Deena in these sperial ops uniforms, but I really wasn't into the story (though it entertained about as much as Clone Wars does). I probably will NOT buy these figures, but I can't promise that until I see them.

I guess I'll get Borssk for sure (but I customized that Wedge a long time ago), and Ki-Adi Mundi and Sharad - though the latter is not necessarily a 2-pack I'd ask for. I made that scene from that comic (when Aurra Sing kills Sharad Hett) and I used a regular Ki figure and just gave a Tusken Raider a lightsaber.

I like your thinking Tycho, i would love to see more Rogue Squadron members see the plastic treatment. would love to see an issue of The Phantom Affair with perhaps a translucent ghost like figure from the cover issue. that would be cool

DarkArtist
10-28-2008, 08:31 AM
this is actually one of my favorite Rogue Squadron storylines so would really love to see it get done.

another source info that Hasbro could use would be the Rogue Squadron Omnibus (be nice to see if Hasbro would perhaps give us a Y-TIE Ugly or and X-TIE ugly.)

cookiemonster
10-28-2008, 12:27 PM
I am up for any Comic Packs dealing with Rogue Squadron, Heir to the Empire and the other books from that series, Dark Empire I, II and Empires End, Marvel Star Wars Comics (as long as they start doing unique characters and not kit bashes and stop with the funky colors), Jedi Academy - Leviathan (so we could get Kam, Kenth, Tionne and the rest).

Tycho
10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
With The Phantom Affair, they could make Loka Hask. Ultimately he is not important to the overall scheme of things (except he made a young Wedge Antilles) but with the parasite on half his face, he is visually interesting. Maybe we'd need a pre-teen Wedge figure to go along with him? That figure might also be somewhat useless. A civilian outfitted Wedge - or the Tycho version I used to use as my avatar (Han Solo clothes), could go nicely with Loka Hask.

I loved The Phantom Affair as one of the best early issues of Rogue Squadron before Baron Fel was brought into it. Tycho in his civies makes a lot of sense to include with that issue btw. Unfortunately, slap the Tycho head on a Han body, and we kit-bash that one easily (though Tycho's shorter than Han would be).

The "ugly" vehicles (fighters that pirates kit-bashed from wreckage from the Galactic Civil War) might or might not happen. I suppose Hasbro has a lot of the part molds to do it, but they'd require a lot of re-tooling, too. But imagine a 2-seat Y-wing Ugly with Tycho and Winter figures aboard, making their great escape!

Cookiemonster: If they did Jedi Academy: Leviathon, we could get our first Kyp Durron figure! That'd be very cool, too. Any NJO characters we could get in other genres would keep their NJO focus (if they'll do it) on Jaina, Jacen, Anakin Solo, and Yuuzhan Vong characters - which we really, really need!

pbarnard
10-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Cookiemonster: If they did Jedi Academy: Leviathon, we could get our first Kyp Durron figure! That'd be very cool, too. Any NJO characters we could get in other genres would keep their NJO focus (if they'll do it) on Jaina, Jacen, Anakin Solo, and Yuuzhan Vong characters - which we really, really need!

I'd rather they do an NJO or later version of any Jedi. While Leviathan is the primary visual reference for many, the problem is most of these characters major acts don't happen for another 10-15 years down the time line, so they age/change. Artist still are showing Jacen and Jaina on book covers appearing as teens/early 20s (to my eyes) when they are approaching 30!!!! I'd much rather have a long haired Kyp of the late NJO/Legacy of the Force than some short haired unrepentant version.

Yuuzhan Vong would be great, but there's really no settled version. Every comic picture shows them as pale but books describe them as having bluish/purplish skin with black tattoes and scars. Than what caste do they make, Warrior? (Warmaster/Supreme Overlord/Commanders etc) Shaper? (Nem Yim) Priest? (Hrarr) Shamed One? (Omni or Vua Ra'pung) Attendant (Nom Anor)?

El Chuxter
10-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I think the Yuuzhan Vong would be best served by making two online exclusive five-packs, with three "named" Vong (I'm leaning toward Nom Anor, Shedao Shai, Shimmra, Onimi, Harrar, probably Nem Yim) and two foot soldiers (one of which could even be a mutated vronskr) in each set. Then kitbash various foot soldiers from the pieces and release them carded, maybe with a few new parts, since no two look alike. And, finally, a carded Nom Anor in his Crimson Empire armor (which isn't standard Vong issue).

Tycho
10-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Just to remind folks here: there is a confirmed Yuuzhan Vong figure, coming with a NJO Kyle Katarn, from a Star Wars Tales issue.

What sucks is that you can't army build him without incurring a ton of Kyle Katarns.

Also, you're right: no two 'Vong look alike.

However, I'll probably army build a little anyway.

If anything, I want to do the scene from Mike Stackpole's book when Jedi Master Luke Skywalker takes on over a dozen 'Vong, while weilding two green lightsabers (his and Jacen's). [Dark Tide: Ruin by Mike Stackpole]

toonimator
10-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Much as I like Kyle, I don't think I like him THAT much to get 12 to recreate the Vong-vs-Luke scene (then again, keep in mind there are a LOT of Kyle fans out there who probably couldn't care less about the Vong... so possible deals to be had from them!)

For such a scene, Evo NJO Luke just won't do. At a bare minimum, he needs the upcoming Dark Empire Luke's head, and maybe a repaint of his robes. I might even go so far as to see what DE Luke looks like without his giant flaring cloak, it might be pretty cool for such a scene (he's not often described as wearing Traditional Jedi Robes in most of the books, after all). Evo NJO Luke's inaccurate ANH-hilt green saber would make for a decent stand-in for Jacen's for the Vong battle.

I like Ki-Adi with the new hat. Gives me hope that K'Kruhk--in the basic line of all places--will have THE Hat, and be an epic figure EU fans can adore if not worship. :D

Daryl VayDar
11-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Over the weekend I grabbed the new Thrawn set and the Trachta set... I think the Thrawn is awesome, the best of the four figures by far!
I compared him to the earlier version- no contest. The old one, besides the lack of articulation, seems "doughy" compared to the new one. Kaarde is very nice also, and Trachta should have knee articulation, but otherwise he is a very cool figure. His design is very "not-Star Warsy", but with the rank badge on his chest, he somehow works...

I passed for now on the cankles Leia, I actually cringed in the store, I guess I was hoping the production version would look better. Xizor looks sharp though.

As far as the white Vader set goes, does the Leia offer anything new, or is it just a re-issue of the Vintage one?

DarkArtist
11-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Over the weekend I grabbed the new Thrawn set and the Trachta set... I think the Thrawn is awesome, the best of the four figures by far!
I compared him to the earlier version- no contest. The old one, besides the lack of articulation, seems "doughy" compared to the new one. Kaarde is very nice also, and Trachta should have knee articulation, but otherwise he is a very cool figure. His design is very "not-Star Warsy", but with the rank badge on his chest, he somehow works...

I passed for now on the cankles Leia, I actually cringed in the store, I guess I was hoping the production version would look better. Xizor looks sharp though.

As far as the white Vader set goes, does the Leia offer anything new, or is it just a re-issue of the Vintage one?

nice find. haven't seen these yet at retail. just finally starting to see the Cade Skywalker wave trickle in at TRU's and Target's. guess i'll be on the lookout for these now.

Daryl VayDar
11-03-2008, 01:02 PM
The sets were at Toys 'r Us- I was pretty surprised to find them as most other area stores are just now stocking the Mando/Legacy sets.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-03-2008, 10:28 PM
There are a few comparison shots here (http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCcomicpacks11.asp), so she's slightly different, but not tremendously so.

Daryl VayDar
11-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the link- looks like it's just the new head and deco. Oh- and that freakin' huge gun! Why didn't they just toss in an old POTF Stormtrooper rifle or that thing that the first Chewbacca was packed with...yeesh.:rolleyes:

FundingMyAddiction
11-04-2008, 12:55 AM
There are a few comparison shots here (http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCcomicpacks11.asp), so she's slightly different, but not tremendously so.

What kills me about that is that it's such a cool moment in the Infinities comic, but I can't actually get her other hand to hold onto the rifle. The rifle is too big/long and her arms aren't long/articulated enough.

JediTricks
11-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the link- looks like it's just the new head and deco. Oh- and that freakin' huge gun! Why didn't they just toss in an old POTF Stormtrooper rifle or that thing that the first Chewbacca was packed with...yeesh.:rolleyes:
New forearms as well.

Daryl VayDar
11-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Oh yeah- I didn't notice the forearms, but they are kinda obvious...:rolleyes:
I wonder if they shortened her neck or just sculpted a deeper socket into the head?
I liked the Infinities comics and that Bat-Vader was kinda cool, but I'm still on the fence with this set...

JediTricks
11-05-2008, 11:55 PM
New neck would mean new torso, and I don't believe that's the case, they even included her rank badge despite not painting it. My guess is you're right about how far into the head that neck joint goes.

DarkArtist
11-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Oh yeah- I didn't notice the forearms, but they are kinda obvious...:rolleyes:
I wonder if they shortened her neck or just sculpted a deeper socket into the head?
I liked the Infinities comics and that Bat-Vader was kinda cool, but I'm still on the fence with this set...

Which figure of Vader is known as Bat-Vader ???? just curious

DarkJedi5
11-06-2008, 10:02 AM
It's this one (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACcomicpacks09.asp) from the ESB Infinities 2-pack.

DarkArtist
11-06-2008, 12:09 PM
It's this one (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACcomicpacks09.asp) from the ESB Infinities 2-pack.

that's one of my all time favorite Vaders. i love that figure, i have him currently leading the 501st into battle. i guess it's the bat-vader because of the cape.

DarkJedi5
11-06-2008, 12:29 PM
And the removable mask that reveals Adam West.

Daryl VayDar
11-06-2008, 12:33 PM
that's one of my all time favorite Vaders. i love that figure, i have him currently leading the 501st into battle. i guess it's the bat-vader because of the cape.

I like the figure quite a bit myself, but the pointy-tips seem WAY off for a Star Wars look. I think the last figure that had similar elements was the EU wave Dark Empire Palpatine. I thought the DE Luke was great, but the Palps seemed to me like it would be more at home in Krull or something...

DarkArtist
11-06-2008, 12:40 PM
I like the figure quite a bit myself, but the pointy-tips seem WAY off for a Star Wars look. I think the last figure that had similar elements was the EU wave Dark Empire Palpatine. I thought the DE Luke was great, but the Palps seemed to me like it would be more at home in Krull or something...

that's another figure that i loved when it first came out, and was really hoping that Hasbro was going to continue with more Dark Empire figures...would have loved to see Salla Zend, Shug Ninx, General Wedge, maybe even some of the characters from Dark Empire II as well.

can't wait till we get the new Dark Empire Comic Pack with the holocron accessory. 2009 can't come soon enough

Daryl VayDar
11-06-2008, 09:25 PM
can't wait till we get the new Dark Empire Comic Pack with the holocron accessory. 2009 can't come soon enough

No kidding- I'm a bit embarrassed with myself because even if I did not want the figures (which I do) I would spend 12.99 to get that tiny little holocron accessory without hesitation!

DarkArtist
11-07-2008, 01:00 PM
No kidding- I'm a bit embarrassed with myself because even if I did not want the figures (which I do) I would spend 12.99 to get that tiny little holocron accessory without hesitation!

i will say that has to be one of the coolest accessories to be packed with a Star Wars figure.

my only problem with the comic packs is that they wet your appetite with giving you an issue or two (or in the case of the Marvel series 4) and then leave you high and dry. I mean we have 2 Heir to the Empire packs now and they could easily give us the other 2 issues with perhaps pregnant Leia, Jorous C'Baoth, Luuke Clone, Pelleanon. i think hasbro needs to finish some of the books in the Comic Series and give us completed stories for our collections.

pbarnard
11-07-2008, 01:40 PM
i will say that has to be one of the coolest accessories to be packed with a Star Wars figure.

my only problem with the comic packs is that they wet your appetite with giving you an issue or two (or in the case of the Marvel series 4) and then leave you high and dry. I mean we have 2 Heir to the Empire packs now and they could easily give us the other 2 issues with perhaps pregnant Leia, Jorous C'Baoth, Luuke Clone, Pelleanon. i think hasbro needs to finish some of the books in the Comic Series and give us completed stories for our collections.

I have the opposite problem having the comics or TPB's to begin with. I end up giving to children the various comics because I don't need the clutter. Complicates when you buy multiples for custom work too.

DarkArtist
11-07-2008, 02:39 PM
I have the opposite problem having the comics or TPB's to begin with. I end up giving to children the various comics because I don't need the clutter. Complicates when you buy multiples for custom work too.

i agree about the multiples of copies for custom work and army building (have about 6 of the Empire issue from the Lt Shan and Jundland sets, and 4 from the Republic Commando set.) my solution is just throwing out the extras or giving them away...actually gave some out on Halloween.

i just want finished stories, i mean we have 4 of the 6 issues for Marvel Star Wars, 3 of the 4 issues for ROTS, and now 2 of the 4 issues for Heir to the Empire. i mean i'm not asking for the complete run of every dark horse or marvel comic to date but at least give us completed story lines.

JediTricks
11-08-2008, 04:45 PM
I like the figure quite a bit myself, but the pointy-tips seem WAY off for a Star Wars look. I think the last figure that had similar elements was the EU wave Dark Empire Palpatine. I thought the DE Luke was great, but the Palps seemed to me like it would be more at home in Krull or something...McQuarrie Vader also has them on the cape.

my only problem with the comic packs is that they wet your appetite with giving you an issue or two (or in the case of the Marvel series 4) and then leave you high and dry. I mean we have 2 Heir to the Empire packs now and they could easily give us the other 2 issues with perhaps pregnant Leia, Jorous C'Baoth, Luuke Clone, Pelleanon. i think hasbro needs to finish some of the books in the Comic Series and give us completed stories for our collections.Gee, ya think maybe that was the point, to make us buy more Dark Horse comics? :p

I feel bad about that in that I wanted to hate Legacy after issues 0 and 1, but the issue 2 and 6 that came in recent packs are interesting enough that I want to see more.

Tycho
11-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Legacy has some good characters.

In terms of comics and novel characters, I want to see:

Tales of the Jedi (Ulic Qel Droma era figures) - a lot of them!

New Jedi Order novel figures - also a lot of them - and multiple outfits and ages for the Solo Kids, and plenty of variants for the Yuuzhan Vong.

I'd also like variants on Noghri for the Heir to the Empire novels. And yes, Palleon, C'Boath, pregnant Leia as a Jedi Apprentice, and new versions of Han, Luke, and Lando would all be welcome. If you want to take it as far as possible, more of Talon Karrde's men would be welcome (Aves, Ghent, Fynn Torve).

Also, many variant wardrobe changes for all of Rogue Squadron would be very welcome.

DarkArtist
11-18-2008, 12:06 PM
picked up "crankles Leia" and Zixor and Thrawn and Karrde this morning. haven't had a chance to open them yet. Thrawn looks amazing and so does Zixor.

i guess i just missed on getting the all white Vader / Leia and the Vader / Tracha sets. this is the first time I've seen the new comic packs at Wally World, hopefully it's not the last.

DarkArtist
11-18-2008, 12:08 PM
I feel bad about that in that I wanted to hate Legacy after issues 0 and 1, but the issue 2 and 6 that came in recent packs are interesting enough that I want to see more.

after getting the 2 sets of Legacy figures I want to get the graphic novels of Legacy and see what I missed. was very interested in the storyline parts that I read. really like the Imperial Knights, hopefully they make more of these guys and perhaps the female Imperial Knight as well (can't remember her name)

El Chuxter
11-18-2008, 12:29 PM
I've passed a couple of times now on the Xizor/Leia and Thrawn/Karrde sets, and laughed out loud at the sheer fugliness of White Vader (which had horrible paint on top of being snigtarded). As much as they cost, I want to either wait for a sale or at least find ones with passable paint. Hasbro's falling into the 30th Anniversary Endor Luke pit again.

DarkJedi5
11-18-2008, 12:38 PM
I had a miserable time finding a passable Cade Skywalker/Darth Talon set because of paint apps. For some reason they kept painting a good chunk of his hair in the flesh tone. And one slip on Talon and she's ruined. And then finding one with a lightsaber and the hilt.... The new ones, Thrawn/Karrde and Leia/Xizor, were pretty easy to find a good paint job but I just couldn't find a Leia without cankles....

DarkArtist
11-18-2008, 02:20 PM
I had a miserable time finding a passable Cade Skywalker/Darth Talon set because of paint apps. For some reason they kept painting a good chunk of his hair in the flesh tone. And one slip on Talon and she's ruined. And then finding one with a lightsaber and the hilt.... The new ones, Thrawn/Karrde and Leia/Xizor, were pretty easy to find a good paint job but I just couldn't find a Leia without cankles....

I don't think you'll ever find a Leia without the cankles do to the ankle articulation itself. was thinking of trying to shave down the ankle area to make them thinner but unsure if that will actually solve the problem.

as far as Cade goes with the lightsaber issue, i would try and order for HTS. the one i have has decent paint apps and came with both the hilt and the lightsaber.

DarkJedi5
11-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Sorry, I was kind of kidding about the cankles, I thought about shaving them too but I just don't think there's all that much plastic there, they should have just gone with a moulded ankle. It's not realy even an "action" figure anyway, no kid is doing battle scenes with this version of Leia. And in the end I was able to find the Cade/Talon set that worked for me, but Hasbro does seem to be slipping on paint apps. I had to go through about five of the Rebel Pilot evo sets before finding one that was an all around good effort.

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah, no way those ankles are getting any thinner, that's the wall for the articulation. This is one time I think they should have either dumped ankle articulation or changed the figure to not have bare ankles.

That cape of hers sucks so bad, I hate trying to fiddle with it, it stands straight up.

DarkArtist
11-24-2008, 09:25 PM
found some clearer images of the new comic packs posted at RebelScum.com. I have to say the facial sculpts on Luke and Deanna are horrible.

Jargo
11-30-2008, 05:14 AM
they all look dreadful. Ki-adi especially. ki-adi fused with the scarecrow from batman.

Old Fossil
11-30-2008, 11:06 AM
I dunno, I might get Ki-Adi and friend... nice to see more Tatooine-themed characters, even if they are EU.

The rest are pudu.

DarkArtist
11-30-2008, 11:24 AM
they all look dreadful. Ki-adi especially. ki-adi fused with the scarecrow from batman.

now that you mention it the Ki Adi figure does look like the scarecrow from Batman. that's too funnylollol

Cane_Adiss
11-30-2008, 11:38 AM
When is the Xizor/ Leia pack supposed to hit? It seems that some already have theirs, and around here we're still drowning in the Jundland/ Deena Shan wave. I've managed to snag a Talon/ Cade pack recently but is the Xizor pack in the same wave?

DarkJedi5
11-30-2008, 02:06 PM
No, Talon/Cade is the wave with the two Marvel Mandolorian packs and the other Legacy pack with the Imperial Knights. Xizor is in the following wave with Karrde/Thrawn, Infinities Leia/White Vader and Vader/Tratcha. I've got Xizor and Thrawn but have not been able to find either Vader set.

Cane_Adiss
12-02-2008, 09:50 AM
No, Talon/Cade is the wave with the two Marvel Mandolorian packs and the other Legacy pack with the Imperial Knights. Xizor is in the following wave with Karrde/Thrawn, Infinities Leia/White Vader and Vader/Tratcha. I've got Xizor and Thrawn but have not been able to find either Vader set.

Thanks I completely forgot about those other figures! Haven't seen any of them out my way, hopefully soon. Looking forward to the Thrawn/ Karrde pack!

DarkArtist
12-04-2008, 08:50 AM
i found the Vader / Leia set over the weekend and after looking at it it's decent, no great but decent. the paint apps were good and the new details for Leia work.

I actually thought the concept of Vader from the comic book was a good idea but never thought that hasbro would actually make it into plastic. just wished he came with perhaps an older Anakin hilt since he is now supposed to be good again. oh well, wishful thinking.

well i'm caught up on the comic sets with the exception of the Dark Empire set and the Faie/Vos set so hopefully they won't come out till sometime next year. need to save up some money.

Old Fossil
12-04-2008, 09:55 AM
i found the Vader / Leia set over the weekend and after looking at it it's decent, no great but decent. the paint apps were good and the new details for Leia work.

I actually thought the concept of Vader from the comic book was a good idea but never thought that hasbro would actually make it into plastic. just wished he came with perhaps an older Anakin hilt since he is now supposed to be good again. oh well, wishful thinking.

well i'm caught up on the comic sets with the exception of the Dark Empire set and the Faie/Vos set so hopefully they won't come out till sometime next year. need to save up some money.

They're out, I saw 'em on the pegs this morning. Left them there, too.:tired:

jedibear
12-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the link, JabbaJohn....

I sure hope the paintjobs aren't as bright and overdone as they are in those pics...

The "Outlander" set looks good. The Wedge/Feyla one could be interesting...not quite how I pictured a Bothan but...okay. I wish hoping the Vos figure would have been new (with more articulation). The Luke/Emperor one looks pretty dynamic, but the Luke/Daala one looks a little silly.

What ever happened to that first "Empire"one? Did I miss it?

Obsession is Nute
12-11-2008, 10:12 PM
The Xizor/Leia pack arrived about 3 weeks ago, and I found the Luke/Cloned Emperor pack last week.

It is crazy, I just got my Star Wars Credit Card bill for the November 6-December 7th, I was shocked. $423.00! Then I looked in my closet and realized how much stuff arrived here in November. All of waves 3 and 4 came pretty much in the middle of November, I got the 2 latest comic waves (Minus stupid white vader). I also got another full wave of titanium vehicles, and the Battlefront 2 trooper pack.

Hopefully things will be paced better for next year!

VexOrdo
12-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Got Luke/Palpatine and Thrawn/Karrde for X-mas. I have to say the Dark Empire pack is amazing, but I did not realize the emperor was a disgusting old slave dancer under his robes. he's all decayed and has blue warts all over him. Much more pleasant in the robes. The Luke is awesome, definately gonna pop a red saber in his hands. I like the Thrawn, but I don't know who Karrde is, so I'll make do.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-27-2008, 08:40 PM
I found Leia/Xizor at Wal-Mart today. That is #8, and I've not seen anything beyond that. Today was my first time I've had a chance to get out and look in a couple weeks due to the weather.

DarkArtist
12-29-2008, 09:10 AM
broke down and ordered the Luke/Emperor and Faie/Vos sets from HTS on Christmas Eve and got the email confirmation that they have been shipped as of the 26th so hopefully they will be at my doorstop either today or tomorrow.

Tycho
12-31-2008, 01:06 AM
I think I told you guys: I've decided to buy that Luke / Emperor set afterall.

Meanwhile, HTS sent me 2 Xizor/Leias when I ordered 2 Thrawn/Karrdes.

I'm sending them back tomorrow.

They did get the part about Quinlan / Faie correct though.

JediTricks
12-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Picked up Thrawn & Karrde at WM last night. Thrawn has one of his red rank pips painted out of position, but otherwise it's all good. I'm not really thrilled with either, the head sculpt is a little off on Thrawn and he can't sit down which is a real shame. Karrde is fairly good, but his knee, wrist, and elbow joints are uglier than usual, and his vest is the exact same color as his skin - stupid. It's an ok set, but not really wowing me, and suffering another price increase at this WM doesn't help either - $13.

I'll probably end up buying that DE Luke/Clone Emp set, the others range from a toss-up to no way (the thread's titular set being the latter).

Tycho
01-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Karrde is really short. Or Baron Fel is really tall.

I posed some of the future heroes together on my bookshelf just for something to do:

Karrde, Han Bespin Torture, Baron Fel.

That is the order from smallest to largest, also. Fel is huge! He should be about Han Solo's size - maybe slightly bigger build - but that's not hard to achieve with the Han Bespin Torture figure. But Karrde is short! He looks like he's going to try to sell Chiklits to the other two - or an afghan.

DarkArtist
01-05-2009, 03:40 PM
recieved the figures of DE Luke vs Palpatine and Vos / Faie. love the Faie, looks cool. Luke is decent as well as Palpy but the Jedi Holocron is awesome, one of the best accessories i think in a long time.

would love to see Hasbro redo the Dark Empire line and bring some of the characters the much needed redue they deserve, ie Leia, Imperial Sentinal, and maybe some new figures like Han, as well as figures of some of the Jedi, Kam Solusar, Jem, Brand, and even Executor Sedriss.

Obsession is Nute
01-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Would love to see Sedriss, I would place him fairly high on likely figures in the Comic 2-pack future.

I hope we will see Ishard and Corran Horn too!

DarkArtist
01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
I hope we will see Ishard and Corran Horn too!

I totally agree with you. would love to see Hasbro start a Rogue Squadron series, i think their best bet might be an exclusive box set maybe thru EE. they could do something similiar to the Mando set or the battlefront set. i figure they could include:

Wedge, Tycho, Janson and Hobbie and maybe Luke for the first
Corran, Mirax, Gavin Darklighter and i'm drawing a blank on the other members of the Rogues maybe even a future version of Rogue Squadron which includes a new sculpted Gavin and maybe Jaina Solo.
as well as packing in there astromechs as well.

DarkJedi5
01-06-2009, 12:56 PM
One of my favorite parts of the Rogue Squadron books was the various alien pilots. We've got a Sullustian and Hasbro is working on the WalMart exclusive pack with the Mon Cal and Quarren pilots but there are even more great aliens that could be squeezed into one of those orange jumpsuits.

I guess I always figured that it was the aliens that made the Alliance different from the Empire despite never seeing too many of them. It would be cool to introduce aliens as troopers and pilots but since they never appear in any comics that I can think of (maybe Rebellion?) this is probably the wrong place to bring it up....

DarkArtist
01-06-2009, 03:42 PM
One of my favorite parts of the Rogue Squadron books was the various alien pilots. We've got a Sullustian and Hasbro is working on the WalMart exclusive pack with the Mon Cal and Quarren pilots but there are even more great aliens that could be squeezed into one of those orange jumpsuits.

I guess I always figured that it was the aliens that made the Alliance different from the Empire despite never seeing too many of them. It would be cool to introduce aliens as troopers and pilots but since they never appear in any comics that I can think of (maybe Rebellion?) this is probably the wrong place to bring it up....

i don't think it's the wrong place to discuss the issue since this is a thread about comic packs. i agree with you about the aliens and would love to see some of the alien fighter pilots and soliders get made and the Rebellion and Rogue Series are some of the best places to grab ideas from. i just listed the human pilots as a starting point to which Hasbro can branch off and intermix some of the aliens as well.

would love to see some stuff from Wraith Squadron as well, i mean how cool would it be to see a Gamorrean X-Wing Pilot. Hasbro please make my Vort "Piggy" Sabring

pbarnard
01-28-2009, 08:45 AM
FYI, the Wedge/Borsk and Luke/Deena Commando comic packs are up at Hasbro DTC. They have a shipping date of aproximately 2 weeks from now. Used SW2009 for additional 10% off.

DarkArtist
01-28-2009, 02:20 PM
FYI, the Wedge/Borsk and Luke/Deena Commando comic packs are up at Hasbro DTC. They have a shipping date of aproximately 2 weeks from now. Used SW2009 for additional 10% off.

thanks for the heads up. just placed my order.

Snowtrooper
01-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Hey DA, did they charge you sales tax on your order? On orders I've made in the past they never charged me sales tax. But it appears that now they are going to start doing so. Nebraska isn't on their list to be charged for sales tax, so I'm not sure if its a mistake or new policy. Some people over at RS were complaining about it, so I entered in an order without placing it to see what would happen. And sure enough it charged me sales tax.

pbarnard
01-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Charged me tax to. Luckily they don't know about the local options now in 90 of Iowa's 99 counties.

DarkArtist
01-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey DA, did they charge you sales tax on your order? On orders I've made in the past they never charged me sales tax. But it appears that now they are going to start doing so. Nebraska isn't on their list to be charged for sales tax, so I'm not sure if its a mistake or new policy. Some people over at RS were complaining about it, so I entered in an order without placing it to see what would happen. And sure enough it charged me sales tax.

i think i have always been charged sales tax with every order. i used pbarnards SW2009 code and basically saved about 4 bucks so it almost took all the sales tax away

DarkJedi5
02-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I am having a miserable time finding the Vader/Tratcha comic pack. I mean, does it even exist?! Okay, I know it has to be out there somewhere. But now that we're starting to roll into new waves I'm afraid it may be too late to find one on the pegs. Anyone out there see these?

jediguy
02-06-2009, 05:58 PM
I am having a miserable time finding the Vader/Tratcha comic pack. I mean, does it even exist?! Okay, I know it has to be out there somewhere. But now that we're starting to roll into new waves I'm afraid it may be too late to find one on the pegs. Anyone out there see these?

I can get this set for you if you want me to :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-06-2009, 06:20 PM
I've also never seen the Trachta pack (-ta?) or any of them past the white Vader and Talon Karrde wave, but they are continuing to trickle in so I'm not worried.

DarkJedi5
02-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Well what sparked my initial post is the fact that it was never up on HTS and they are now a wave or two past it, so it seemed like it had been passed over.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Well what sparked my initial post is the fact that it was never up on HTS and they are now a wave or two past it, so it seemed like it had been passed over.They're a wave or two past it? It is #10 and the checklists I see only go up to #13 so far. I found the #9 Thrawn/Karrde and #11 Leia/Vader packs on 1/17, and the Vader/Trachta pack last week. I almost passed on the latter because it had kind of a bad upper corner on the package, but I figure I'll be opening all the comic packs someday. Looks like Clone Emperor/Luke and Quinlan Vos/Faie packs are the two I don't have yet.

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 08:14 PM
I am having a miserable time finding the Vader/Tratcha comic pack. I mean, does it even exist?! Okay, I know it has to be out there somewhere. But now that we're starting to roll into new waves I'm afraid it may be too late to find one on the pegs. Anyone out there see these?I haven't seen it in a while, I saw it at Target a month ago, the sculpting on Trachta doesn't really fit the line all that well, it's a bit soft, so I passed. I just checked, it only shipped in wave 3 and w3 revision 1 at 1 per case. It's not slated for wave 4 or 5, but they don't have revisions listed yet.

I saw the Dark Empire 2pack yesterday at Target, the likeness on Luke (the Lukeness?) was pretty darn good but his stance is very wide. I passed on it for now, that store wants $15 a pack, it's a little higher than most Targets in the area.

jedibear
02-06-2009, 11:16 PM
I saw the Tratcha/Vader set twice last month...once with the Cade/Talon wave and again with the Vos/Faie one.

Gotta respectfully disagree with JT here...I think Tratcha looks pretty cool...definitely captures the character as seen in the EMPIRE comic...

Looking forward to that Mundi/Hett(Outlander) set coming out soon...these comic packs are a real bright light in the collection these days for me...

Tycho
02-10-2009, 07:52 AM
I just got Wedge and Borsk Fey'lya from HasbroToyShop.

I wanted the first Bothan and ordered 2.

It's alright. I customized that Wedge already so I'm so not excited over it.

The Borsk figure is cool to have, but not all that exciting either.

This is one you may "have to order," and won't be disappointed by, but you won't be thrilled either.

I may have to open one set and sniff the Bothan.

pbarnard
02-10-2009, 10:34 AM
I just got Wedge and Borsk Fey'lya from HasbroToyShop.

I wanted the first Bothan and ordered 2.

It's alright. I customized that Wedge already so I'm so not excited over it.

The Borsk figure is cool to have, but not all that exciting either.

This is one you may "have to order," and won't be disappointed by, but you won't be thrilled either.

I may have to open one set and sniff the Bothan.

I got mine last week. I love the Bothan head. using it to make an Admiral Kre'fey already. Used the other Wedge to make a Tycho in dress uniform. Used the second Luke to make a Basso as commando. Not sure what to do with the other Deena Shan yet.

mtriv73
02-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Not sure what to do with the other Deena Shan yet.

She's a witch, burn her! :twisted: Or you could make a Mara Jade commando.

pbarnard
02-10-2009, 11:29 AM
She's a witch, burn her! :twisted: Or you could make a Mara Jade commando.

Burn her? No. Noxious fumes.

Mara Jade, probably not. Even if I call it NJO era, the problem is the Rebel Alliance symbols on the knees and elbows. I'm leaning towards a Lumyia custom if I can work out a head.

DarkJedi5
02-10-2009, 12:24 PM
I wanted to buy another set to make Han and Leia as commandos (not accurate as far as anything in comics or movies go, but I thought it would be cool). Unfortunately, I tried swapping all my ANH Han and Leia heads and nothing fits very well on the pegs. It seems the hed holes are much too big and as if that's not bad enough, the heads are all too small for the bodies. I haven't gone though my ESB heads (by ROTJ the characters look too much older) but I have a feeling since all Han's use the VOTC body that all those heads will suffer from the same problem.

And which body did you use for the Admiral Kre'fey? I was thinking of using General Dodanna....

pbarnard
02-10-2009, 12:48 PM
I wanted to buy another set to make Han and Leia as commandos (not accurate as far as anything in comics or movies go, but I thought it would be cool). Unfortunately, I tried swapping all my ANH Han and Leia heads and nothing fits very well on the pegs. It seems the hed holes are much too big and as if that's not bad enough, the heads are all too small for the bodies. I haven't gone though my ESB heads (by ROTJ the characters look too much older) but I have a feeling since all Han's use the VOTC body that all those heads will suffer from the same problem.

And which body did you use for the Admiral Kre'fey? I was thinking of using General Dodanna....

A Cobra Commander 25th Aniversary. Using a WotC mini as the basis for the color scheme. Sculpey in the head to make loose joints fit, or a counter sinking bit to make them slightly larger and not risk tearing out through the hair.

Tycho
02-11-2009, 09:01 AM
The Rebel Commando uniforms worn by Luke and Deena Shan are similar to the Jedi apprentice outfits worn by Jaina and Jacen at the end of their training. I'd wait for their figures to come out and then do some customizing. It might be some months though. (And you can black-out the Rebel Alliance symbols, though Jaina and Jacen might actually wear those. See the last YJK book cover as I can't remember right now.)

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Gotta respectfully disagree with JT here...I think Tratcha looks pretty cool...definitely captures the character as seen in the EMPIRE comic...I said the sculpting on the figure doesn't fit the line that well, it's a bit soft, so technically nothing you've said actually disagrees with my point. You can see the pants and torso are very soft sculpts in your photo even though it's blurry.

jedibear
02-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Ah, I see your point. He is a little "soft" in detail if that's what you mean.

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Ah, I see your point. He is a little "soft" in detail if that's what you mean.
That is exactly what I mean.

DarkArtist
03-13-2009, 01:01 PM
finally found the Ki Adi pack this morning. haven't had a chance to open it yet but for now all caught up on the SW front with current offerings. now here comes the dry spell till May when the ESB wave hopefully hits the pegs.

pbarnard
03-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Isn't the Yaving Battle Pack supposed to be an April or is that now May as well?

JediTricks
03-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Isn't the Yaving Battle Pack supposed to be an April or is that now May as well?
The last word was May for that BP.

tagmac
03-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Found all three this morning, but only bought Wedge/Borsk. Didn't really care much for the other two.

jedibear
03-21-2009, 11:39 PM
I picked up the Wedge/Borsk pack yesterday...wanted the Mundi/Hett one but they were out of it...hopefully get it later.

These comic packs are the strongest thing going in the Hasbro line right now...especially since (at least up my way) no new figures are to be found anywhere. The figures have been really well done and the variety of comic titles has been pretty well done too...something for everybody.

Tycho
03-22-2009, 01:52 AM
I agree with Jedibear's assessment. The comic 2-packs are something I wanted Hasbro to do for years - since 1996 to be precise.

I joined SSG as a champion of the EU cause. Now I'm loving what they're making and hope to see a lot more.

The Ulic Qel Droma / Exar Kun pack (not seen yet) is one of my favorite things they're slated to do.

A'Sharad Hett and The Dark Woman, Baron Fel and Hobbie, Talon Karrde, Borssk Fey'lya, Cade Skywalker, Darth Krayyt, the upcoming Deliah Blue, the Yuuzhan Vong, Quinlan and Villie - these are many of the best figures Hasbro has done!!!

Kidhuman
03-22-2009, 10:33 AM
I saw this wave and the only pack that interests me is the Wedge, Borssk

DarkArtist
03-22-2009, 10:40 AM
I picked up the Wedge/Borsk pack yesterday...wanted the Mundi/Hett one but they were out of it...hopefully get it later.

These comic packs are the strongest thing going in the Hasbro line right now...especially since (at least up my way) no new figures are to be found anywhere. The figures have been really well done and the variety of comic titles has been pretty well done too...something for everybody.

i just wish Hasbro would finish a series of comics instead of leaving us hanging. i mean we have the first 4 issues of the Marvel adaptation of Star Wars give us the last 2....we have ROTS 1,2 & 4 make comic #3. they teased us with the Marvel Empire Strikes Back adaptation give us the remaining books. we have 2 I believe from Heir to the Empire how about some more.

with all the great comics and characters I'm sure Hasbro can pull together the remaining series of issues and give us new characters that the fans want.

Tycho
03-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Since they make almost any main movie character, that should be easy for Hasbro to make what some of you guys want.

For me, I'd like it if they made a lot of Dark Empire, Rogue Squadron, Crimson Empire, Legacy, Heir to the Empire, Tales of the Jedi, etc.

And NJO: Invasion is up and coming!

pbarnard
03-23-2009, 11:02 AM
i just wish Hasbro would finish a series of comics instead of leaving us hanging. i mean we have the first 4 issues of the Marvel adaptation of Star Wars give us the last 2....we have ROTS 1,2 & 4 make comic #3. they teased us with the Marvel Empire Strikes Back adaptation give us the remaining books. we have 2 I believe from Heir to the Empire how about some more.

with all the great comics and characters I'm sure Hasbro can pull together the remaining series of issues and give us new characters that the fans want.

But the idea is cross promotion of the comic while giving accurate figures from the comic art, not completing. The idea is for you to go out and get the TPBs, single issues, Omnibus versions. That was the idea when they started the comic packs in the GI Joe line and than transferred it over to the Star Wars one.

mtriv73
03-23-2009, 11:26 AM
i just wish Hasbro would finish a series of comics instead of leaving us hanging. i mean we have the first 4 issues of the Marvel adaptation of Star Wars give us the last 2....

Hopefully, I'm not ruining it for you, but I hate to see you hanging like that, it ends with Luke blowing up the Death Star and the rebel base being saved. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2009, 11:56 PM
I got this wave at the Times Square TRU on Monday. Wedge is the worst of the bunch, what with his tiny head, mismatched sideburns, giant hands, weird elbows, and preposed legs. Borsk is pretty neat. I like the Ki-Adi/Sharad pack and I love the look of the Luke/Deena one. I haven't read the comics but I like the sort of Rebel commando thing they got goin'.

Tycho
03-26-2009, 06:05 AM
I just re-read the Rebellion comics and they're actually quite good. I'd not been liking this "over-explored area" of SW history before, what with KOTOR and Legacy as alternatives, but it comes through as pretty cool when you aren't taking home the other comic titles from your local store at the exact same time you buy Rebellion.

DarkJedi5
03-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Frinally found them today in my area (Oakland, CA) have yet to open them but the Ewoks look better in person, the cowls aren't as brightly colored. I was wondering if any of the customizers might have some tips though for making them dirtier or dimming the colors further...?

pbarnard
03-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Frinally found them today in my area (Oakland, CA) have yet to open them but the Ewoks look better in person, the cowls aren't as brightly colored. I was wondering if any of the customizers might have some tips though for making them dirtier or dimming the colors further...?

Dying them with black dye, but that runs the risk of a really dark purple...

El Chuxter
03-26-2009, 05:09 PM
You guys act like "primitive" cultures the world over haven't developed purple dyes using things like flowers, berries, and insects. A bright purple hood on an Ewok doesn't seem at all weird to me.

pbarnard
03-26-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm just saying black dye tends to fade to dark purple over time on the more rubbery plastics.

Yes they may have developed a purple dye using those means, but it's all about abundance. That's why it was so expensive and only royalty used it for centuries.

DarkJedi5
03-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Yes they may have developed a purple dye using those means, but it's all about abundance. That's why it was so expensive and only royalty used it for centuries.

That's on our planet. On Endor purple dyes may be readily available. But since you barely see these guys on film (there's a still somewhere of the guy in purple but his hood is muted and dirty so it doesn't stand out and make him an easy target during the battle) and believe me, I would have noticed seeing hoods as bright as these. I'm just trying to get them to fit in with the rest of the tribe....

sebillba
03-27-2009, 03:01 AM
There's a long thread over at RS about these, including lots of repaint and customising ideas. This (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3326021&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=5&vc=1) is maybe the only page that has any real tips for repainting the hoods (without me reading the whole thread again) - about 3/4 of the way down. But check out the rest of the thread for plenty more pics.

figrin bran
03-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Comic packs are on sale at Target this week for $9.99!

pbarnard
03-30-2009, 09:49 AM
That's on our planet. On Endor purple dyes may be readily available. But since you barely see these guys on film (there's a still somewhere of the guy in purple but his hood is muted and dirty so it doesn't stand out and make him an easy target during the battle) and believe me, I would have noticed seeing hoods as bright as these. I'm just trying to get them to fit in with the rest of the tribe....

First, I did say the dye/color is about abundance. That would carry over most places.

And after watching RotJ (I close myself off from the world on my birthday and watch all 6 films), I have to say the colors on the Ewoks aren't that bad. There were orange furred, purple hoods, all over the place. So they're not just comic accurate, they're movie accurate.

JetsAndHeels
03-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Comic packs are on sale at Target this week for $9.99!

Thanks for the tip. Perhaps I can find something there I want.

That may prove difficult, as the ones I want are the WM exclusives.