PDA

View Full Version : Wave 5

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Wal-Mart's website has clearer pics of a few of the figures: Wioslea (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10216192) and Trinto Duaba with Dice Ibegon (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10216193). Clearly these are not the production shots as Wioslea still has Obi-Wan's saber and Trinto doesn't have his cloak. They all look pretty great, though.

Beast
09-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Someone fill me in. Did they reveal Wioslea as a former Jedi? :confused:

JON9000
09-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Someone fill me in. Did they reveal Wioslea as a former Jedi? :confused:

My thoughts exactly.

Love the figures, though!

bigbarada
09-29-2008, 07:46 PM
The lightsaber isn't molded to his hand, so I could care less about it. The figure themselves look amazing, though.:yes:

Blue2th
09-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Wow! Looking forward to these. Nice find :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Wioslea is a female, first of all; second, that's Obi-Wan's saber, and Hasbro just accidentally put it with her in the picture as they did in the Comic Con presentation (while showing Obi-Wan without it). She won't come with it.

EDIT: WM put up a few more, and GH (http://www.galactichunter.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=62&page=1&sort=dd) has them.

figrin bran
09-29-2008, 11:07 PM
I want 'em all from this wave so I'll have no trouble completing the build-a-droid and won't have to resort to buying repack figures in lieu of new figures that I don't really want just for droid parts.

DarkArtist
09-30-2008, 09:58 AM
i'm liking this wave just can't believe it's not out till 2009. really wish they had included the table with the Obi Wan figure though.

the stormtroopers of Han and Luke look good, but are they just straight repaints of the Marvel Comic pack versions ?

electricidad
09-30-2008, 01:46 PM
<the stormtroopers of Han and Luke look good, but are they just straight repaints of the Marvel Comic pack versions ?>

They look so good, though, it doesn't matter to me if they are. This looks like a fantastic wave! Lots of love for some of the more obscure Mos Eisley aliens.

I'm looking forward to Brainiac--he had the most difficult card text out of anybody in the Star Wars CCG. Fantastic.

DarkJedi5
09-30-2008, 04:03 PM
And we haven't even gotten to see the Spacetrooper or the Treadwell Droid yet! I really hope it's a new sculpt, the old one isn't exciting at all....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-30-2008, 04:33 PM
i'm liking this wave just can't believe it's not out till 2009. really wish they had included the table with the Obi Wan figure though.

the stormtroopers of Han and Luke look good, but are they just straight repaints of the Marvel Comic pack versions ?
Yes, they're the same mold.

obi-dad
10-01-2008, 10:00 AM
And we haven't even gotten to see the Spacetrooper or the Treadwell Droid yet! I really hope it's a new sculpt, the old one isn't exciting at all....

Well, they were posted back in July on SSG's coverage of SDCC. If I worked at it, I could find the link, as I'm sure the link is just off the homepage Top Stories since SDCC is still listed up there. But since I downloaded the slideshow pics to my pc, here is the pic of the entire wave, which verifies it was an all new sculpt. This slide shows the entire wave, so the Space Trooper pic is included, too. But, the pics aren't nearly as big and clear as the WalMart shots and it's depressing to see Obi-Wan's and Brianiac's tables again. And, just to verify Mr. JJL's reply, Hasbro confirmed Luke & Han were repaints of the Comic pack versions at SDDC.

DarkJedi5
10-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Man, is it sad that I'm most excited about the WED droid? It is a very cool looking figure. This whole line is an A+. I know Luke and Han aren't really all that new but they are what fans want, so I'm happy.

Qui-Long Gone
10-01-2008, 05:29 PM
That WED droid did more more robotics than most of us probably realize....Isn't it a repack? I'll get it too.:thumbsup:

I'm looking for the Solo trooper:thumbsup:, but the Luke one just blows.....:upset:

I dig the Cantina figs too, but may pass. :(

Not sure about the Kenobi fig. There's just something creepy about it (isn't it the VOTC repack?) because he looks so.....is skinny the right word? It's the fabric I think? hummph.....:rolleyes:

DarkJedi5
10-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Not sure about the Kenobi fig. There's just something creepy about it (isn't it the VOTC repack?) because he looks so.....is skinny the right word? It's the fabric I think? hummph.....:rolleyes:

It's no repack, it's a new sculpt. It was gonna be in a an evo pack but they split it up. This time ball joints for the knees and elbows.

obi-dad
10-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Ok... I've just posted a question for Hasbro's QnA based off this wave, but wanted to get opinions here. After seeing the new Obi-Wan & Wioslea and remembering the VOTC Obi-Wan, I wanted to know if Hasbro would ever consider making the top inner robe (in these cases the tan one) all cloth instead of plastic on top and clothe on the bottom. I would want them to keep the brown "undershirt"- (sorry, don't know the terminology) plastic still, but I think if the entire inner robe was clothe, it would look better. Plus, they never match the color correctly between the plastic half and clothe half. Anyway, I'm not very good with Photoshop, but here was what I worked up on Wioslea, but I think it would work with Obi-Wan, as well as PT Jedi, especially those that get SA treatment.

Jabbapalacespy
10-02-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm really excited for this wave too. I collect aliens and droids, mostly from the original trillogy, so I'm thrilled to see the cantina aliens and the WED droid. I hope Hasbro keeps turning out obscure but iconic characters like these.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Ok... I've just posted a question for Hasbro's QnA based off this wave, but wanted to get opinions here. After seeing the new Obi-Wan & Wioslea and remembering the VOTC Obi-Wan, I wanted to know if Hasbro would ever consider making the top inner robe (in these cases the tan one) all cloth instead of plastic on top and clothe on the bottom. I would want them to keep the brown "undershirt"- (sorry, don't know the terminology) plastic still, but I think if the entire inner robe was clothe, it would look better. Plus, they never match the color correctly between the plastic half and clothe half. Anyway, I'm not very good with Photoshop, but here was what I worked up on Wioslea, but I think it would work with Obi-Wan, as well as PT Jedi, especially those that get SA treatment.
I don't know, though . . . they seem to mess up soft goods, especially when there's a lot of it. And it doesn't stay on well or, frankly, look as good. In my opinion, anyway.

obi-dad
10-02-2008, 08:48 AM
That WED droid did more more robotics than most of us probably realize....Isn't it a repack? I'll get it too.:thumbsup:

and to use DJ's reply to the Obi-Wan repack part of QLG's question, since the same answer applies up to a certain point:

It's no repack, it's a new sculpt.

A treadwell droid (which was the Lars droid, not one in the Jawa's lineup) was included with Aunt Beru back in 1999. Perhaps, that's what you are thinking of. Attached is a pic of it and a link to RS's photo archive of Beru & the droid. http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2auntberu.asp

Blue2th
10-02-2008, 10:06 AM
You know, I don't know what I'd do if I met Wioslea face to face. I used to have a history teacher that would look at you when you raised your hand to answer a question, but he looked like he was picking the kid behind you, because his eyes were all wonky, so you'd turn around and look even though he was calling on you.

Just my thoughts on Wioslea. :cross-eye

Jabbapalacespy
10-02-2008, 10:38 AM
She does seem to be thrown together from a bunch of spare parts. (Her character, not the toy) I wonder what George Lucas thinks of Wioslea? He has always been picky about what appears on screen. He never liked the wolfmen characters in the cantina, Lak Sivrak and I forget the other, having replaced them in the new edition. I like her anyway. The more bizarre and inhuman the alien is the more I like it. I'm still hoping for Cane Adiss someday. :yes:

I'm glad the WED is a new droid but I also hope someday they do a resculpt of the other treadwell droid that is actually articulated.

obi-dad
10-03-2008, 10:01 AM
You know, I don't know what I'd do if I met Wioslea face to face. I used to have a history teacher that would look at you when you raised your hand to answer a question, but he looked like he was picking the kid behind you, because his eyes were all wonky, so you'd turn around and look even though he was calling on you.

Just my thoughts on Wioslea. :cross-eye

You know... after seeing her figure, (action figure, not her body figure) I guess I'm glad Hasbro made her and I definitely will buy her. But, there are SO MANY figures (even limiting it to ANH or even just the Cantina) that I would have wanted before this one. Even as a kid, it always looked like the creature department ran out of time and just paper mache-ed a head to put on the Obi-Wan Jedi costume.

Then again, I was excited to get Yarna, while many others didn't understand that decission by Hasbro to make her.

Qui-Long Gone
10-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Then again, I was excited to get Yarna, while many others didn't understand that decission by Hasbro to make her.

What do you mean didn't understand the decision to make her? Don't tell me there are people out there who didn't understand the importance of Yarna! ????

BaneMalar
10-04-2008, 08:17 PM

WHAT...the spacetrooper is being re-made? Now if only the Imp Sentinel makes a comeback the EU series will be on its way to better articulation

DarkJedi5
10-05-2008, 02:11 AM
No no, this is the one barely glimpsed in Episode IV, I don't think it looks like the one from the EU.

El Chuxter
10-06-2008, 12:59 AM
Based on the brief shot in the movie, I'm still not sure it's different enough from the normal Stormtrooper to warrant a figure.

cookiemonster
10-06-2008, 01:02 AM
I agree with you Chuxter, I would have prefered the EU Spacetrooper remade, however I am glad they have done it and will be picking a couple up.

Blue2th
10-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Thought I saw a pic of him somewhere. Maybe it was the Evo, or Jump Trooper (I get them mixed up) but he looked like a regular Stormtrooper with a hose connected to his helmet.
I remember an ANH Spacetrooper question in the SSG Q&A for the longest time. I voted for it many times. Now it's being made so that's out of the way. :thumbsup:

DarkJedi5
10-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Speaking of the Spacetrooper, here are some loose pics from POTF2.com, it's alittle more than halfway down.

http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13461&whichpage=2

DarkArtist
10-07-2008, 05:37 PM
do we know if the pic is real or someone's custom. it looks like a TAC trooper with new head sculpt (I thought Lucas and Hasbro were only going to use the Clone head).

i hope it's real, definately want a few of these guys.

Umbra
10-07-2008, 05:54 PM
the space trooper gun seems like the one we shouldhave gotten with some of the Force Unleashed Troopers.

however, as to the rest of the wave, Yay more Jawas ^^

El Chuxter
10-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Whose head is that? And, if it's not Jango's, why does he have a removeable helmet?

cookiemonster
10-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Its supposed to resemble Joe Johnson, but not officially according to Hasbro.

Also this is the real figure DA, so your wish is granted for wanting them this way, however the sad part is the wait.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-07-2008, 07:54 PM
I find it odd that they used the VOTC stormtrooper mold as opposed to the sandtrooper mold, so that they could have plugged the backpack into the preexisting hole . . . at any rate, that figure looks awesome, and I'm glad they used Joe's likeness (there's a good shot of it in the Making of Star Wars book, and since they only had one costume at the time, they shot Joe twice, so having two figures that look like him is accurate).

bigbarada
10-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Speaking of the Spacetrooper, here are some loose pics from POTF2.com, it's alittle more than halfway down.

http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13461&whichpage=2

That's awesome!:thumbsup:

I'll buy any Stormtrooper figure without a Jango head underneath.

DarkJedi5
10-08-2008, 10:11 AM
And the way I see it you can buy up a few extras for head swaps on Sand troopers or whatever else you'd like to display without a Jango head.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-30-2008, 08:17 PM
The main page shows carded shots of Luke and Han. I think it's kind of funny that their pictures have weird blue shading on them, and these were based on figures that had weird blue shading on them. lol

Edit: JediInsider (http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=11408) got more of them, with all the figures except Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon. I didn't know Brainiac's name was Pons Limbic; I thought it was a typo or something at first. :p Obi-Wan and Pons look like they do come with the tables after all, which would be freaking amazing, unless these are early mock-ups or something. And now we know for sure that Wioslea doesn't come with the lightsaber. These figures all look amazing, especially Obi-Wan with the correct soft goods skirt. Oh, and it looks like the WED droid is more like the sandcrawler one as opposed to a Death Star one or whatever it looked like in the earlier photos, which is great.

pbarnard
10-31-2008, 08:33 AM
The main page shows carded shots of Luke and Han. I think it's kind of funny that their pictures have weird blue shading on them, and these were based on figures that had weird blue shading on them. lol

Edit: JediInsider (http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=11408) got more of them, with all the figures except Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon. I didn't know Brainiac's name was Pons Limbic; I thought it was a typo or something at first. :p Obi-Wan and Pons look like they do come with the tables after all, which would be freaking amazing, unless these are early mock-ups or something. And now we know for sure that Wioslea doesn't come with the lightsaber. These figures all look amazing, especially Obi-Wan with the correct soft goods skirt. Oh, and it looks like the WED droid is more like the sandcrawler one as opposed to a Death Star one or whatever it looked like in the earlier photos, which is great.

Pons Limibic? Are they just ripping off anatomy and physiology texts now? Besides, the vessels make his head look more like the cerebellum than anything.

Bib Un-Fortuna
10-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Well, I did a little looking & it seems that "Brainiac" was described as a nickname in the only real canon source on this guy - Decipher & their vastly over-priced CCG. When SW.com did their "What's the Story: Cantina Roll-Call," the name Pons Limbic was what they went with. Meh, who cares, as long as the figure looks cool.

obi-dad
10-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Edit: JediInsider (http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=11408) Obi-Wan and Pons look like they do come with the tables after all, which would be freaking amazing, unless these are early mock-ups or something.
Great Googly Moogly (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Googly_Moogly)! that would be awesome if they come with the tables! I already overcame the disappointment the first time, so I hope my hopes are getting up again for mockups.

El Chuxter
10-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Those look like the official Hasbro pics, which they showed at Comic-Con and explained were taken before the decision was made to ax the tables.

DarkArtist
10-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh i really hope Hasbro reconsiders axing the tables, i mean they gave us tables in the Saga 2 packaging so why not now. (plus the holo leia pack in would be stupid if we didn't have a table to put her on.)

please hasbro give us the tables.

obi-dad
10-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Those look like the official Hasbro pics, which they showed at Comic-Con and explained were taken before the decision was made to ax the tables.

The Hasbro pics didn't include the carded ones, which is where I'm hanging my current hope. Besides, the Hasbro pics were part of a slide show, so the pics we saw were increadlibly small & grainy, so unless they've released larger, individual high quality pictures, then these are new.

Ok, now you made me work. I actually looked it up and the figures in the slideshow picture don't match at all with the pics shown on JediInsider. Check out my post on the 2nd page of this thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=39004&page=2), where I attached the pic from the slideshow of this wave and then check out http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=11408

1). The angle of the WED droid is different
2). The Jawa on jediinsider is holding the weapon and in the slide show, he isn't.
3). Luke & Han are holding their weapons on jediinsider and they aren't in the slideshow pic.
4). Space Trooper is holding both weapons on jediinsider and he isn't in the slideshow pic.
5). The angle of Brainiac & Obi-Wan is different and the table is to the side on jediinsider and the table is in front of the figures on the slideshow pic.
6. The carded figures again, show the tables.

DarkJedi5
10-31-2008, 03:50 PM
The Hasbro pics didn't include the carded ones, which is where I'm hanging my current hope. Besides, the Hasbro pics were part of a slide show, so the pics we saw were increadlibly small & grainy, so unless they've released larger, individual high quality pictures, then these are new.

Shoot! You're right and there are even a few other differences you didn't bother to note. I was sure we weren't getting the tables but now you've really gotten my hopes up. I really really hope they find a way to pack those in.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't think these will be the final pictures we see on the cardbacks, but they're more legit than the Comic Con ones. And, yeah, the fact that the tables are in the carded shots leads me to believe we will be seeing them after all, since the packaging isn't done until fairly late in the game.

obi-dad
11-01-2008, 09:28 PM
And, yeah, the fact that the tables are in the carded shots leads me to believe we will be seeing them after all, since the packaging isn't done until fairly late in the game.

That's my hope and thought process, anyway. My hopes were already dashed the first time, so no big deal if it happens again... Just nice to have hope for them again.

DarkArtist
11-03-2008, 12:37 PM
is this the wave that does not come out till 2009 or will it be out earlier ie Christmas 2008. just curious.

pbarnard
11-03-2008, 01:01 PM
I just hope its not the first post Xmas 2008 wave (last of 08/first of 09). Those waves are traditionally the hardest to find because they don't get stocked because retailers have bulked up on earlier waves and need to move pegwarmers from the holidays.

TheDarthVader
11-03-2008, 04:10 PM
The tables would be awesome. I am hoping that we get the tables; I need them for my future cantina diorama.

mark2d2
11-04-2008, 05:50 PM
The tables would be awesome. I am hoping that we get the tables; I need them for my future cantina diorama.

Okay, somebody else pointed this out on Rebelscum, so I am not taking credit for this little bit of detective work...but notice how Brainiac has his newly announced revised name (Pons Limbic) on the carded pic... The carded pic that clearly has the table within the packaging...

DarkJedi5
11-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Well that's some good detective work anyway.

Bib Un-Fortuna
11-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Entertainment Earth has the wave 5 case up for pre-order. No pics yet, but they have the case breakdown:

1x Luke Skywalker (BD02)
1x Commander Faie
1x General Grievious
1x Felucia Clone Trooper
1x Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper disguise
1x Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise
1x Spacetrooper
1x Jawa with WED droid
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi
1x Brainiac
1x Wioslea
1x Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon

Grrr . . . are you kidding? I hate it when Hasbro does these one-each cases, especially when it has 8 new figs in it! With all the pegwarming going on right now, most stores will get 1 or 2 cases of this wave, which means if you are not there when it hits the pegs (or unless you have a friendly stock person in a store, which I do not) this will be a hard wave to get. I'm still trying to find the ladies from wave 4. I feel a lot of online ordering for this wave. I am actually thinking of ordering the case, because I don't think I want the frustration of trying to track down this wave. I know some will get packed into later cases, but unless there is a big holiday run on figs (always a possibility), this wave may get short-shipped to B&M stores.

DarkArtist
11-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Entertainment Earth has the wave 5 case up for pre-order. No pics yet, but they have the case breakdown:

1x Luke Skywalker (BD02)
1x Commander Faie
1x General Grievious
1x Felucia Clone Trooper
1x Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper disguise
1x Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise
1x Spacetrooper
1x Jawa with WED droid
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi
1x Brainiac
1x Wioslea
1x Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon

Grrr . . . are you kidding? I hate it when Hasbro does these one-each cases, especially when it has 8 new figs in it! With all the pegwarming going on right now, most stores will get 1 or 2 cases of this wave, which means if you are not there when it hits the pegs (or unless you have a friendly stock person in a store, which I do not) this will be a hard wave to get. I'm still trying to find the ladies from wave 4. I feel a lot of online ordering for this wave. I am actually thinking of ordering the case, because I don't think I want the frustration of trying to track down this wave. I know some will get packed into later cases, but unless there is a big holiday run on figs (always a possibility), this wave may get short-shipped to B&M stores.

i might have to order this case as well. as far as the repacks are concerned, the cut scene Luke i can customize, the Grievous i make a custom cape for, and the 2 clones well army building i will go. all in all not a bad case.

i do agree with you about the one per case and that fact that this will be a hard wave to find. i just came from walmart where the pegs are stacked with Wave 1 & 2 of the Legacy waves and wave 1 of the Clone Wars. guess i won't be seeing any new figures for awhile. was thinking of thinning the pegs of some of the clones but not sure.

Bib Un-Fortuna
11-07-2008, 12:41 PM
What really gets me is the figures they decided to repack! Granted, Faie & Grevious are moving well enough now, but once this wave saturates they will hang there for months. The Felucia clone is just a repaint, and I get the clone troop-builder popularity, but isn't that the Legends job? But the kicker is sandstorm Luke! Not a great fig, one that is already easily available everywhere, not to mention the fact that it is basically a collector figure, not a kid figure, and most to all collectors who want one have one already! I really think Hasbro is dropping the ball on this one.

DarkArtist
11-07-2008, 12:56 PM
i agree that Hasbro needs to maybe have cases of figures were there are no repacks and just straight new figures, but then some of the figures, ie Bail and Breha Organa wouold sit on the self on not move, so they short pack them and replace them with the kid friendly figures of the core characters (ie Luke, Han, Chewie, Anakin and Obi Wan) in the hopes that parents will not remember who their kids have and buy those figures.

the same can be said for the not defunct Indiana Jones line - lets repack dozens of Mutt Williams and Indy's because they are the kid friendly toys in the line.

on another note, after adding up all the figures you get in the Wave 5 case (16 including the 2 BAD's and the Wed Droid and the Cantina figure 2 pack) the price per figure is roughly $5.99 overall not a bad price.

FundingMyAddiction
11-07-2008, 08:49 PM
on another note, after adding up all the figures you get in the Wave 5 case (16 including the 2 BAD's and the Wed Droid and the Cantina figure 2 pack) the price per figure is roughly $5.99 overall not a bad price.

Not a bad price at all. That's why I've always been in favor of just ordering the case packs. Aside from ordering them from StarWarsShop (where you somtimes get jerked around with the whole "manufacturer error" thing), it's always been a good deal for me. It costs the same, if not cheaper, and you don't have to drive around to a ton of different stores wasting gas. You get them all in the mail one day and you're done.

obi-dad
11-07-2008, 10:40 PM
For cases, I always end up going through New Force Comics, since they've always been the cheapest and I haven't ever had any problems with them, but they don't have this wave available for pre-order yet.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-08-2008, 08:00 AM
I ordered the whole set of new figures from BBTS as they had them listed by themselves. It was a bit pricey, but I got a bad feeling this wave might be tough to find at retail, especially since it's mostly brand spankin' new figures and not all repacks.

DarkArtist
11-24-2008, 09:31 PM
didn't see a thread for this and didn't want to start a new one for the Legends line but i figured these would be one the pegs roughly around the time of Wave 5.

over at Rebelscum.com they have picks of the new rounds of Legends figures including:

Imperial Sandtrooper (Clean Black Pauldron)
VOTC Luke X-Wing
ARC Trooper (red)
Saesee Tinn
Tri Droid
Clean ROTS Clone Trooper
and a TBA figured with the words rumored Snowtrooper (perhaps VOTC)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Cool that they're finally releasing that black pauldron clean sandtrooper. And I'll get those snowtroopers like there's no damn tomorrow if they're the vintage version.

DarkJedi5
11-25-2008, 10:13 AM
I heard that they are going to be the vintage ones. I even remember that some one asked in a Q&A if they were going to be clean because the original vintage ones had a little of the rust and the Ultimate Battle pack ones were rediculously rusty looking Hasbro said that they would see if it wasn't too late to change the paint.... I am really looking forward to the snowtroopers. I haven't bought a Legends figure in a long time but these are going to be popular.

TheDarthVader
11-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Snowtroopers are the only troopers that I army build. I have a lot of them. I think I have about 60. Most are VOTC molds, which is a good thing. I will be buying every snowtrooper that I see.

DarkArtist
11-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Snowtroopers are the only troopers that I army build. I have a lot of them. I think I have about 60. Most are VOTC molds, which is a good thing. I will be buying every snowtrooper that I see.

i second that. these are by far the best versions ever of the Snowtrooper, might have to get a couple more of these guys as well, i think i currently have about 6 including the ones that came with the ultimate battle pack. maybe another 4 for an even 10 might look good storming Echo Base.

bigbarada
11-26-2008, 10:33 AM
While I love the VTAC Snowtroopers, I would like to see a more movie accurate paint job on these guys. Namely making the helmet in a shiny white plastic instead of the dull plastic with a pink wash.

obi-dad
11-26-2008, 04:14 PM
While I love the VTAC Snowtroopers, I would like to see a more movie accurate paint job on these guys. Namely making the helmet in a shiny white plastic instead of the dull plastic with a pink wash.

Amen, brother!

Old Fossil
11-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Knowing Hasbore, the new Snowtrooper figure will probably have green "dirt" on his boots to signify wear.:rolleyes:

DarkJedi5
11-26-2008, 06:34 PM
From TheJawa.com's Q&A of 9/27/08:

Q) Will Hasbro ever release the VTSC Snowtrooper in the Legends repack line, and if so, any chance we could get a more "Whiter" version? Both VTSC and the Hoth Ultimate Battle Pack had snowtroopers which had some form of brown muck (or rust or dung or whatever it was supposed to be) and a discolored helmet which was very unappealing. I'd prefer to see a way more cleaner white snowtrooper to army build with. And of course Hasbro would cut their costs on the reissued figure by not having to paint that muck on. It's win-win!

A) Indeed it would be. We do have plans to get out a Snowtrooper in either the Saga Legends line or as re-pack figure in the Legacy/Droid Factory Collection. We really liked the VTSC version but we'll take your comments into account and look into it when we re-release..

DarkJedi5
12-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Any idea when we should expect to see this wave? I thought it was late December/early January but it's been a while since I heard anything....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Two stupid questions:

1. What's new about that Obi-Wan? Just a new sculpt/soft goods or?
2. I already have many Jawas, but that WED droid is new, right?

Dangit!

DarkArtist
12-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Two stupid questions:

1. What's new about that Obi-Wan? Just a new sculpt/soft goods or?
2. I already have many Jawas, but that WED droid is new, right?

Dangit!

I believe the Obi Wan is a repack of the VOTC Obi but now with a new soft goods cloak and of course the table and holo leia and the jawa is a repack of the TAC Jawa but the WED droid is new.

so basically it's just enought to drive you to buy them for the extra accessories but not entirely new figures. althought the WED droid is so it's the lesser of 2 evils.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-14-2008, 10:29 PM
I believe the Obi Wan is a repack of the VOTC Obi but now with a new soft goods cloak and of course the table and holo leia and the jawa is a repack of the TAC Jawa but the WED droid is new.

so basically it's just enought to drive you to buy them for the extra accessories but not entirely new figures. althought the WED droid is so it's the lesser of 2 evils.

Well, I can mark Obi-Wan off the list. I have that figure, the table was already put out with Chewie (I think) and I have R2 with Holo leia. I won't pay extra $$ for soft goods cloak.

And i'm torn on the jawa now. I don't know if i'm willing to shell out 6-8 bucks on a droid, a small one at that.

thanks for the heads up though! :thumbsup:

DarkJedi5
12-15-2008, 01:42 AM
No, Obi-Wan is all new. It was going to be in an evo pack but they broke it up. This Obi is going to have ball joints in the knees, elbows, and shoulders. The VOTC has no knee articulation and swivel elbows and shoulders. And the table is also all new, it's the one from Obi-Wan's hut, the one I think Guyute has in mind is the terrible holochess one from comtech which is from an entirely different scene altogether.

As far as the Jawa, it's essentially the same but there are some changes to the vest and it comes with a new weapon, some sort of ionization cannon with a backpack. It's not 100% new but I'd say it's about 75% new.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-15-2008, 02:35 AM
No, Obi-Wan is all new. It was going to be in an evo pack but they broke it up. This Obi is going to have ball joints in the knees, elbows, and shoulders. The VOTC has no knee articulation and swivel elbows and shoulders. And the table is also all new, it's the one from Obi-Wan's hut, the one I think Guyute has in mind is the terrible holochess one from comtech which is from an entirely different scene altogether.

As far as the Jawa, it's essentially the same but there are some changes to the vest and it comes with a new weapon, some sort of ionization cannon with a backpack. It's not 100% new but I'd say it's about 75% new.
Right. Obi-Wan is 100% new, as is his table and, I assume, the holographic Leia. The VOTC one was kind of crappy but this one looks to be quite great.

The Jawa looks different, too. Kind of like how they re-use the same Ewok body now, but you couldn't really tell.

mark2d2
12-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Also, the WED-15 "Septoid 2" is not exactly a small droid by any means. And it looks to have many, many points of articulation. Indeed this very well could be one of the most detailed and most movie accurate of droid figures ever done. . .

obi-dad
12-15-2008, 05:33 PM
That droid is amazing looking. I would pay just for the droid! :thumbsup:

TheDarthVader
12-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Remember Hasbro saying that they believed the VOTC versions would be the best that they could do with each of those figures? Well, they are liars because the new Obi Wan is much better than the VOTC version. Sometimes I just hate Hasbro. Now I have another obsolete figure. =(

LTBasker
12-20-2008, 02:18 PM
In Hasbro's defense, that was about a half decade ago. Obviously as technology progresses, "super articulation" is refined and as new sculptors enter the biz then advancements will be made. As long as a toy line lives as long as SW does then it will go through an evolution inevitably making past innovations "obsolete."

Of course, I don't recall them saying that about the VOTC line as a whole. For example, VOTC 3PO was immediately obsolete.

bigbarada
12-20-2008, 03:31 PM
It should just be a given that Ben Kenobi, ANH Luke, ANH Han, ANH Leia, Vader, Artoo, Threepio, Chewie, etc. are going to be continually remade, updated and improved upon at least every 4 or 5 years. I don't understand why people are surprised by that.

So, with Hasbro having the license until 2018, we should look forward to at least 2 or 3 more versions of each of those core characters (unless the lines gets cancelled early for some unforseen reason).

bigbarada
12-20-2008, 03:44 PM
(double post)

obi-dad
12-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Remember Hasbro saying that they believed the VOTC versions would be the best that they could do with each of those figures? Well, they are liars(You said it yourself in the questionable quote... Hasbro believed they would be the best. I myself stated years ago on boards that they couldn't make Rebel Fleet Troopers with removable helmets considering they had chin straps, (and I'm sure many other things... I know I would have bet against the BMF falcon ever being made). That simply made me wrong, not a liar. During the vintage era, I'm sure that was near the best Kenner could do at the time, but things continue to evolve. If you don't want to be buying obsolete figures, wait until the line ends and buy them all on ebay (or some other method). I'm sure there are figures made this year that will be improved within the next 5 - 10 years.

bigbarada
12-20-2008, 04:05 PM
You said it yourself in the questionable quote... Hasbro believed they would be the best. I myself stated years ago on boards that they couldn't make Rebel Fleet Troopers with removable helmets considering they had chin straps, (and I'm sure many other things... I know I would have bet against the BMF falcon ever being made). That simply made me wrong, not a liar. During the vintage era, I'm sure that was near the best Kenner could do at the time, but things continue to evolve. If you don't want to be buying obsolete figures, wait until the line ends and buy them all on ebay (or some other method). I'm sure there are figures made this year that will be improved within the next 5 - 10 years.

Well, Kenner's problem was just the opposite. It's easy to look back upon the line now and think that it was perfect, but my childhood memories tell a very different story. I was always super annoyed with the fact that Kenner NEVER improved upon key figures like Darth Vader, Chewbacca, and the Stormtrooper. When compared side-by-side with the 1983-84 ROTJ figures, they looked horribly outdated.

Also, Kenner never really kept the Star Wars figures competitive with GI Joe in terms of added articulation. Of course, I never really knew it was called "articulation" back in those days, I just knew that my GI Joes could bend their knees and elbows and my Star Wars figures couldn't and that was a major strike against Star Wars toys when I was 10 years old.

So, these days we're seeing the opposite end of the coin in terms of almost too many updates; but at least the figures are getting updated. As much as people complain about all the Darth Vaders we get, I can guarantee that if Hasbro just kept rereleasing the 1995 POTF2 Darth Vader with no changes or updates (the same way Kenner did with the 1977 Vader in the vintage days), then a new Vader would be at the very top of everyone's want list.

El Chuxter
12-20-2008, 11:37 PM
I just know they seem to be intentionally releasing subpar GIJoe figures, then listening to complaints and reissuing "corrected" versions a few months later, instead of more characters. Is it really THAT important that Flint's sleeves be rolled up?

DarkJedi5
01-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Anyone glimpse wave 5 yet? Everywhere I look it says Febuary but they always seem to hit the pegs early somewhere....

bigbarada
01-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Is it really THAT important that Flint's sleeves be rolled up?

I dont' really care about the sleeves, I just want decent arm articulation and wrists that don't look like they've just been slit. I really hate the "Duke arms" that Hasbro keeps reusing and I won't buy another GI Joe figure with those arms.

Old Fossil
01-14-2009, 04:39 PM
That cowl on Trinto Duaba will make a great addition to my custom Sandstorm Lando.:thumbsup:

...maybe.

DarkArtist
01-15-2009, 02:16 PM
has anyone started seeing signs of this wave showing up. i figured since the holiday rush is over that stores would start packing out new figures to get the sales going again.

was at walmart this morning and they have 3 figures in the Star Wars section, and still 7 of the Lt Shan Lt Jundland packs. (wish they would put them on clearence already i'd buy the lot)

Old Fossil
01-15-2009, 02:43 PM
has anyone started seeing signs of this wave showing up. i figured since the holiday rush is over that stores would start packing out new figures to get the sales going again.

was at walmart this morning and they have 3 figures in the Star Wars section, and still 7 of the Lt Shan Lt Jundland packs. (wish they would put them on clearence already i'd buy the lot)

I wouldn't realistically expect to see anything new until March, or thereabouts.

DarkArtist
01-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't realistically expect to see anything new until March, or thereabouts.

well at least that give us time to save some dough for new product but it almost looks like it's going to be another midnight madness type deal (not a midnight madness sale) with both new Star Wars and the Marvel Fury Files at once. oh boy the wallet is already starting to feel the pinch

obi-dad
01-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Well, either the later waves are going to end up getting delayed till 2010 or they are going to start releasing them with less time between waves... neither option sounds extremely appealing to me.

Obsession is Nute
01-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Well, either the later waves are going to end up getting delayed till 2010 or they are going to start releasing them with less time between waves... neither option sounds extremely appealing to me.

I am going to guess the former. That seems to be the standard anymore. I really hope we don't end up with a situation like TAC where certain waves are on the shelves for months at a time, then during one season we get 3 waves back-to-back. I ended up having to go to eBay to get Revan and Malak. I saw the EU wave at a Wal-Mart only once. Nowhere else.

My wallet won't mind terribly if we have a month or so wait for wave 5. It saves on gas, too!

My local stores have maybe 2 or 3 figures on each shelf, that is pretty much it. We have a lot of Lancer droids and Mon Calamari warriors. I hope we don't see a major reduction in shelf space this year, either.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-16-2009, 06:10 PM

I got this from BigBadtoystore this afternoon:

Your preorder item(s) have arrived and we have processed your order. To view the status of your order please log-in to your BBTS Account.

Your order summary is listed below:

HAS16398 Build-A-Droid Wave 05 - Han in Stormtrooper Disguise
HAS16400 Build-A-Droid Wave 05 - Jawa with WED Droid
HAS16402 Build-A-Droid Wave 05 - Cantina: Brainiac
HAS16403 Build-A-Droid Wave 05 - Cantina: Wioslea
HAS16404 Build-A-Droid Wave 05 - Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon
HAS16399 Build-A-Droid Wave 05 - Space Trooper

(keep in mind that I didn't order any of the repacks, just the newer figures)

So, they're definitely hitting online stores at least. Talking to my toy manager buddy back home, he says he has all this stuff on order as he just put up a new SW mod; it's just a matter of hasbro getting stuff to stores.

Jabbapalacespy
01-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Last July's Comic Con slide show showed this wave hitting the shelves on Jan. 15, 2009. Late as usual but I noticed Walmart preparing the shelves for this wave (I assume). I looked at the inventory lists hanging on the pegs and it says Clone Wars & Legacy, Spring wave / start week of 1/12/09 (as best as I can remember). I think they will have the figures out within the next few weeks. I can't imagine them leaving the empty space for a month and half. But, then again, who can guess the minds of Walmart or Hasbro? :rolleyes:

Jargo
01-16-2009, 09:04 PM
or warehouse employees or cargo ship captains batling heavy seas or customs and exise officials with lots of paperwork to get through or chinese factory employees trying to get everything sorted before they start closing down to celebrate new year...........

Jabbapalacespy
01-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Just got an email from Brianstoys which says:

"Clone Wars Wave 4 and Legacy Wave 5 have shipped from Hasbro
and should arrive within 1 or 2 weeks."

:thumbsup:

Obsession is Nute
01-23-2009, 12:56 AM
Okay, so I have heard that some stores have Wave 5 showing up? Can anyone verify this? If we still have a week or so to go, I won't waste my day off hitting all my retailers.

DarkJedi5
01-27-2009, 01:28 PM
I know Brians Toys has wave 5 listed as "in stock" so mine should be shipping soon. I know other online stores are listing them in stock as well so they should be hitting store pegs soon?

EDIT: Well I got an email saying they were in stock but the website stills says they are not and there's no record of them shipping an order to me so I guess I was a little premature....

obi-dad
01-27-2009, 01:31 PM
A friend on a local Missouri/Kansas SW site posted he found them at a St. Louis Target the other day, but no one else has posted finding these yet.

RussUAE
01-28-2009, 07:39 AM
K&C Collectibles has the whole wave listed on their front page too - but nothing when you click on them - except for an out of stock Luke and out of stock Han.

Thi is my first post in over 2 years on SSG - looks like the site has improved a lot again! :thumbsup:

jediguy
01-28-2009, 10:19 AM
found in Des Moines, Iowa

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp274/sithman_01/IM000961.jpg

jedimastergeorge06
01-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Great find jediguy, if you or any body finds any more or has some of the new figures and are willing to trade them or sell them...let me know...i have alot to trade. :thumbsup:

mtriv73
01-28-2009, 11:00 AM
K&C Collectibles has the whole wave listed on their front page too - but nothing when you click on them - except for an out of stock Luke and out of stock Han.

Thi is my first post in over 2 years on SSG - looks like the site has improved a lot again! :thumbsup:

Welcome back.

You're right it has improved (thanks to Steve and the mods) and I think we all have a good time here.

Droid
01-28-2009, 11:58 AM
What droids are built in this wave and are they in the films?

pbarnard
01-28-2009, 12:16 PM
What droids are built in this wave and are they in the films?

I know one is R5-A2 which is seen on the balcony of Jabba/Gardulla's viewing box in the Pod Race. The other one *shurgs* don't know which one it is, so hard to say where it is at.

DarkJedi5
01-28-2009, 12:45 PM
The droids are R2-N6 and R5-A2.

R2-N6 was in AOTC in the background of Mos Espa and R5-A2 was in ANH but was edited out of the SE in place of a Ronto. Here's a pic of R5 but I can't find one of R2-N6 in the film.

pbarnard
01-28-2009, 12:53 PM
The droids are R2-N6 and R5-A2.

R2-N6 was in AOTC in the background of Mos Espa and R5-A2 was in ANH but was edited out of the SE in place of a Ronto. Here's a pic of R5 but I can't find one of R2-N6 in the film.

Is the R5 red or yellow? N/m confusing A2 and X2. Sorted it out at astromech.net

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-28-2009, 02:30 PM
The droids are indeed R5-A2 (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R5-A2) and R2-N6. R2-A5 (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R2-A5) was the droid replaced by the ronto; R5-A2 is still there. I can't find any good information on R2-N6; I thought he was on Coruscant but Wookieepedia said he was on Tatooine in AOTC. They replaced a picture of the actual droid with one of the figure, which is kind of idiotic.

El Chuxter
01-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Wookieepedia, idiotic?

Really (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Indiana_Jones%27s_homeworld)? You (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Byxle_Pedette) don't (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ewok_Handler) say (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Biscuit_Baron).

DarkJedi5
01-28-2009, 06:14 PM
I know Brians Toys has wave 5 listed as "in stock" so mine should be shipping soon. I know other online stores are listing them in stock as well so they should be hitting store pegs soon?

EDIT: Well I got an email saying they were in stock but the website stills says they are not and there's no record of them shipping an order to me so I guess I was a little premature....

I take it back, my order shipped today, should be in my hands some time next week... good luck to the rest of you!

jedimastergeorge06
01-28-2009, 07:41 PM
I just ordered ben kenobi and wiosle guy from brianstoys.com. Im being sucked back into star wars. Its been quiet for me for the past few months but its sucking me back in...that always happens to me...lol

jamesbondo07
01-28-2009, 08:04 PM
I found leftovers of this wave today. :mad:

Obsession is Nute
01-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Wookieepedia, idiotic?

Really (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Indiana_Jones%27s_homeworld)? You (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Byxle_Pedette) don't (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ewok_Handler) say (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Biscuit_Baron).

In all fairness, Wookiepedia is just reporting stupid ideas that were proposed and accepted by Lucasfilm liscensing. Like it or not, these things exist in the Star Wars Galaxy. If Wookiepedia wants to be the complete and definitive source for ALL aspects of the Star Wars galaxy, they have to include the stupid stuff too.

I don't think Biscuit Barron is all that bad. Gotta have something for breakfast in that galaxy far, far away.

bigbarada
01-30-2009, 12:42 AM
Like it or not, these things exist in the Star Wars Galaxy.

Well, considering that Star Wars is a work of fiction, then we don't have to accept stuff that we think is stupid. As fans, we can decide for ourselves what we like and what we don't like; that's not really up to Lucasfilm.

I've been a fan of Star Wars since 1977, long before The Thrawn Trilogy, Decipher, KOTOR, Wookiepedia, the Prequels, Galaxies, etc. So, I don't see any of that secondary, post-1990 stuff as critical to the Star Wars universe and I don't have to like it to call myself a Star Wars fan.

El Chuxter
01-30-2009, 01:11 AM
I wasn't dissing Wookieepedia, per se. But there's plenty of dumb stuff on there.

Mostly from video games, I notice.... Ewok Handler? Yeesh.

Obsession is Nute
01-30-2009, 01:13 AM
Well, considering that Star Wars is a work of fiction, then we don't have to accept stuff that we think is stupid. As fans, we can decide for ourselves what we like and what we don't like; that's not really up to Lucasfilm.

I've been a fan of Star Wars since 1977, long before The Thrawn Trilogy, Decipher, KOTOR, Wookiepedia, the Prequels, Galaxies, etc. So, I don't see any of that secondary, post-1990 stuff as critical to the Star Wars universe and I don't have to like it to call myself a Star Wars fan.

That is another way to look at it. I don't want to get into semantics on the philosphy of what is or is not Star Wars and whom rightfully determines that. We would could go on for hundreds of pages and never get anywhere. It is subjective. I personally define "Star Wars' as anything that would be acceptable in a Court of law, which would be any use of the term legally sanctioned by Lucasfilm be it directly or through a third party.

Obsession is Nute
01-30-2009, 01:26 AM
I wasn't dissing Wookieepedia, per se. But there's plenty of dumb stuff on there.

Mostly from video games, I notice.... Ewok Handler? Yeesh.

No arguments there.

bigbarada
01-30-2009, 01:59 AM
That is another way to look at it. I don't want to get into semantics on the philosphy of what is or is not Star Wars and whom rightfully determines that. We would could go on for hundreds of pages and never get anywhere. It is subjective. I personally define "Star Wars' as anything that would be acceptable in a Court of law, which would be any use of the term legally sanctioned by Lucasfilm be it directly or through a third party.

Well, I would define it as everything that I like. Again, we're talking about a collection of fictional stories, not facts. So, you can't really apply objectivity to it. Case in point, Boba Fett died onscreen in ROTJ, but so many fans rejected that idea that Lucasfilm caved and accepted a story of Fett escaping the Sarlacc as canon.

The easiest way to define a "Star Wars fan" is someone who likes any aspect of Star Wars. You can break them down into smaller groups from there: OT purists, EU fans, Prequel fans, etc.; but the franchise is still new enough and there has never been a significant "reboot" so the fans can always find some common ground. Right now, that common ground is the OT. I don't know of anyone claiming to be a Star Wars fan who hates the OT and only like the Prequels or an EU source. The day might be coming when we see that, but it's not right now.

Obsession is Nute
01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Well, I would define it as everything that I like. Again, we're talking about a collection of fictional stories, not facts. So, you can't really apply objectivity to it. Case in point, Boba Fett died onscreen in ROTJ, but so many fans rejected that idea that Lucasfilm caved and accepted a story of Fett escaping the Sarlacc as canon.

The easiest way to define a "Star Wars fan" is someone who likes any aspect of Star Wars. You can break them down into smaller groups from there: OT purists, EU fans, Prequel fans, etc.; but the franchise is still new enough and there has never been a significant "reboot" so the fans can always find some common ground. Right now, that common ground is the OT. I don't know of anyone claiming to be a Star Wars fan who hates the OT and only like the Prequels or an EU source. The day might be coming when we see that, but it's not right now.

:: Shudders.:: I hope there is some legal way that George can save Star Wars from ever having a reboot. The very idea of one is incredibly disturbing.

I am not against all reboots, per se. I think many would agree rebooting Batman was a good thing. That is unless you like Arnold "All right everyone, CHILL!" Swartzengger direction of story telling.

Movies like Star Wars, Jurrassic Park, and Jaws should never, ever be rebooted, in my opinion. Perfect as they are.

bigbarada
01-30-2009, 04:37 PM
:: Shudders.:: I hope there is some legal way that George can save Star Wars from ever having a reboot. The very idea of one is incredibly disturbing.

I am not against all reboots, per se. I think many would agree rebooting Batman was a good thing. That is unless you like Arnold "All right everyone, CHILL!" Swartzengger direction of story telling.

Movies like Star Wars, Jurrassic Park, and Jaws should never, ever be rebooted, in my opinion. Perfect as they are.

Well, I've heard that no one can write Star Wars stories without Lucas' approval, even after his death supposedly. I'm not sure how true that it, but it would be similar to JRR Tolkien leaving his children in charge of the Lord of the Rings storyline after his death. But LOTR has been kept a little more pure, because they have never allowed a writer, outside of the Tolkien family, to write new stories for it (I do believe Tolkien's son wrote some books set in the LOTR universe; but I've never read them).

Star Wars does allow for new writers, but Lucas obviously has the authority to overrule them anytime he wants (as we saw with the Prequels and the new CW cartoon).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-30-2009, 04:52 PM
From what I understand, Lucas has absolutely put his foot down on anyone making more Star Wars movies or, I believe, remakes. So I don't think we have to worry about a new ANH with Miley Cyrus as Leia or anything. (Unless he himself does another round of changes and had the Disney channel on at the time. :D )

El Chuxter
01-30-2009, 04:56 PM
It's insane that he won't allow novels without his approval, but is very hands-off, and contradicts them in his movie. Among other things, the death of Chewie was his idea, and he nixed Timothy Zahn using the Imperial Guards in the Thrawn novels because (at that point) he thought he had an idea for their roles in Episodes 1-3. Guess that changed when he came up with Qui-Gon and Jango, eh?

jedimastergeorge06
02-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Does any body know wich part of the cantina scene the Wioslea (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10216192) was in?

bigbarada
02-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Does any body know wich part of the cantina scene the Wioslea (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10216192) was in?

She wasn't in the Cantina, Wioslea is the Mos Eisley alien that Luke sold his landspeeder to.

jedimastergeorge06
02-01-2009, 06:07 PM
oh ok...is there a picture or a way to see it?

Obsession is Nute
02-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Visited my local toy trifecta (TRU, Target, and Wal-Mart) and found no evidence of them there. Target had restocked with old waves, which was irritating. TRU had pulled down the massive Star Wars display that had been up since MM, and put diapers in its place. I was kind of insulted. Do that many people actually visit TRU looking for diapers?

I am assuming that with a couple of exceptions, most people that hunt for their figs in the wild have yet to find them?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Yup, it's called a DVD. ;)

bigbarada
02-01-2009, 10:03 PM

Here's Wioslea, although it looks like Hasbro got the hands wrong.

never_ending_fett
02-02-2009, 10:28 AM
She actually sits in the second/middle alcove on the right side of the bar, the one Luke gets knocked into by Ponda Baba/Dr. Evazan.

Check out this pic.

http://cantinacustoms.tripod.com/182f44d0.jpg

jedimastergeorge06
02-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks bigbarada and never ending fett for the pics.:thumbsup:

obi-dad
02-02-2009, 11:03 AM
I searched everywhere I could think. I thought I'd seen a pic of her in the Cantina before. I had also previously thought she was only outside.

never_ending_fett
02-02-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm putting together a cantina dio to scale with the figs. It's the first one I've done, and these figures are getting me that much closer to having all the cantina aliens. I've become a mini-expert and the cantinacustoms site has been one of the biggest resources I've found. My dio is based on his floorplan.

Snowtrooper
02-02-2009, 01:12 PM
HTS has the wave in stock, with the exception of spacetrooper and Jawa which are sold out for now. SMILE8 gets you a 10% discount, but now they are charging everybody sales tax.

jedimastergeorge06
02-02-2009, 02:03 PM
never ending fett whats the website for the cantina diorama?

obi-dad
02-02-2009, 02:27 PM
http://cantinacustoms.tripod.com/id25.htm

obi-dad
02-02-2009, 02:38 PM
HTS has the wave in stock, with the exception of spacetrooper and Jawa which are sold out for now. SMILE8 gets you a 10% discount, but now they are charging everybody sales tax.

Sweet! Just ordered all but the spacetrooper & jawa (as stated, are currently sold out). Just wish the code also included free shipping, but oh well.

pbarnard
02-02-2009, 03:06 PM
There's a bunch that are line specific for 2009. SW2009 works for all star wars orders.

never_ending_fett
02-02-2009, 03:12 PM
jedimastergeorge, I'm in Cincinnati, so not too far from you. Have you found any of this wave in the Tri-state area yet? No luck here. I hit several stores on my lunch today though.

jedimastergeorge06
02-02-2009, 04:04 PM
No i havent seen anything. All that i have seen just the figures from wave 4. Thats it. Where in cincy are you from? Let me know if you find any. I ordered ben and wiosel guy from brianstoys last week so i hope i get them soon.

never_ending_fett
02-02-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm in reading, right were 75 and Cross County connect.

jedimastergeorge06
02-02-2009, 04:32 PM
oh ok i see. :thumbsup:

jedimastergeorge06
02-02-2009, 07:33 PM
I received the legacy collection wave 5 ben kenobi and wiosel guy today in the mail from brianstoys.com. The ben is great. Pretty detailed. And the wiosel is pretty cool too. I really like this wave and i cant wait to get the rest. This is my first star wars purchase of the year :thumbsup:. Im happy with the way hasbro has made these guys so far.

Ji'dai
02-02-2009, 08:04 PM
These figs were up for order on HTS this afternoon.

jedimastergeorge06
02-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah i saw that. By the time i get the money to get them, they all will be gone. And ill have to get them from brianstoys anyway. But its ok ...atleast ill get them.

DarkJedi5
02-03-2009, 01:53 PM
My wave 5 just arrived. Thank you brianstoys. It's a little expensive but I get 'em quick and easy.

mtriv73
02-03-2009, 02:36 PM
There's a bunch that are line specific for 2009. SW2009 works for all star wars orders.

Has anyone tried to use this one more than once? It worked fine for me the first time but hasn't after that.

DarkJedi5
02-03-2009, 03:05 PM
I tried it yesterday and it wouldn't work. I think it's expired.

jedimastergeorge06
02-03-2009, 08:32 PM
I am wanting to make a diorama of the cantina and im not sure how to do it. Does anyone have a website that i can go to that tells you how to do it or any ideas. I was thinking of an empty box and papermashe or how ever you spell it. lol anyway...any help would be great.

El Chuxter
02-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Just go for something like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Cantina-Diorama-with-Sandtrooper-STAR-WARS-VERY-RARE_W0QQitemZ110345784804QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item110345784804&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50).

And don't believe the description. That pice of carp was never hard to find.

jedimastergeorge06
02-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Ive thought of getting that i just thought of doing some thing better than that and a little more authentic...you know what i mean. But ill probably buy that and maybe make something around it or something like that.

never_ending_fett
02-03-2009, 09:33 PM
That's what I started out with, I'm currently working on putting together an accurate full cantina to scale with the figures. The floorplan is based on the cantinacustoms site. I'm using foam core. styrofoam, and chipboard for the walls then covering them with drywall spackle to give them texture and then painting them. The floor is sand under plastic embrodery sheets to look like the actual floor. I'd like to light it, but that'll come later. I'm currenly maybe 35% done. It's about 40"x60" not sure yet how tall it will be at the highest points. If you want more specifics let me know.

DarkJedi5
02-03-2009, 09:52 PM
jedimastergeorge, I think I've got a spare of the cardboard ones around someplace. PM me if you're interested I'll see if I can't find it.

never_ending_fett
02-04-2009, 01:14 PM
I hit a Walmart, Target, TRU, Meijer, and another Walmart at lunch and found nothing from this wave.

Old Fossil
02-04-2009, 01:29 PM
I hit a Walmart, Target, TRU, Meijer, and another Walmart at lunch and found nothing from this wave.

Give it a month. By then I bet you'll have no trouble finding these figures at any of those stores.

never_ending_fett
02-04-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm sure that's the case, lol, but I don't want to miss any of the cantina figs since I'm building a dio. Just impatient I guess. These are the first figs I've been looking forward to for awhile, and the first purchase of more than 1 at a time since Clone Wars midnight madness, and before that Episode III midnight madness...I guess I'm just kinda excited to be on the hunt again.

DarkArtist
02-04-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm sure that's the case, lol, but I don't want to miss any of the cantina figs since I'm building a dio. Just impatient I guess. These are the first figs I've been looking forward to for awhile, and the first purchase of more than 1 at a time since Clone Wars midnight madness, and before that Episode III midnight madness...I guess I'm just kinda excited to be on the hunt again.

i hear ya. the empty pegs are driving me crazy as well. hope i spot these figures soon. really want the spacetrooper

jonthejedi
02-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Found all of Legacy wave 5 this 2 pm at Severn, WalMart Supercenter. Hit those Wallys, boys, forget Target for now...they be out!!!

bigbarada
02-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Yep, the whole wave showed up at my Wal-Mart this evening. We also got the latest wave of Clone Wars figures with the Magnaguard and Padme. However, the increased prices have put a serious hamper on my spending; so I didn't buy anything. Not a big loss, there's really nothing from this wave that really excites me at all.

DarkJedi5
02-05-2009, 02:08 AM
Having gotten all mine out of the packaging I have to say there are some great figures in this wave. The detail on the legs on Wioslea is amazing and I never would have expected that! The spacetrooper is great but my favorite may be the jawa. His weapon is great and the WED droid he comes with could have been it's own stand alone figure. I'm actually a little disappointed with the Obi-Wan, they posed his right hand with the two fingered "these aren't the droids you're looking for" gesture which forces him to hold his lightsaber in his left. The BaDs for this wave also strike me as a little clean considering how dirty they both looked in the films (at least the R4, I'm still not sure where the R2 is from).

Slicker
02-05-2009, 04:50 AM
Man, I've apparently been ignoring this thread. These are some pretty sweet lookin' figures. That Wioslea is really nice looking. I haven't gotten an email from my mom saying Brian's has shipped 'em yet. Now that I think of it I haven't gotten an email saying I've gotten anything recently.

never_ending_fett
02-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Sounds like these are hitting more and more places, I may need to do another run at lunch. Hopefully I'll get lucky at the first stop!

Jabbapalacespy
02-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Just found this wave at a Walmart. :thumbsup: We have two Walmarts in my area and one had just the Clone Wars wave and the other had just the Legacy wave. Go figure! :rolleyes: West Virginia is usually one of the last places to get new figures so I assume everywhere else should have this wave soon. I love the Dice Ibegon figure and the WED droid. The droid is HUGE! I never expected it to be this big. I'm disappointed now though that last year's LIN droid is very underscale beside it! Anyway, I'm set until the next wave, whenever that is. I think it's the ESB wave right? There's only a couple of figures I want from that one. Happy hunting!

Obsession is Nute
02-06-2009, 12:48 AM
I will have to make a run tommorrow, then. Here's hoping!

bigbarada
02-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Went back for a second look at these figures and all the Wioslea's were gone, somebody obviously snatched them all up to resell somewhere else.

I did get a second look at everyone else, but I still didn't buy anything.

The Stormtrooper figures (Luke, Han and Spacetrooper) were all the standard VOTC Stormtrooper body with different heads. For some reason Han and the Spacetrooper had the helmets that were included in the 2007 comic packs, but Luke had the helmet that was included with the TAC Stormtrooper from 2007. So no improvement to the bodies or helmet and the Luke and Han had the same heads as the comic pack versions. All in all, 3 easy passes for me. I've bought too many of this figure over the last 5 years.

Ben Kenobi looks good, but I've just never been interested in his character at all. The likeness is not really any better than the VOTC Ben, just different. It doesn't really look like Alec Guiness at all.

Brainiac was alright, but just not exciting for me. Same with Terminal Man and Lamprey. I'm not building a Cantina diorama, so I have no need for these figures. Especially not at $7.46 each.... well, $7.46 for Brainiac and $7.46 for Terminal Man and Lamprey together; but you get my point.

The Jawa and droid were pretty cool.... actually the droid looked cool, the Jawa is just a rehash. I actually would have bought this if it was just the droid, but I don't need another Jawa figure so I passed on this one too.

As for Wioslea, I'm sure some people are excited for her, but I'm not one. The alien design actually kind of creeps me out a little bit. It reminds me of something that would have given me nightmares as a kid. Also, several years ago, I made a list of Cantina aliens that I did NOT want to see as action figures and Wioslea and the Praying Mantis were at the top of that list.

Anyways, I'm anxiously awaiting the ESB wave and the Saga Legends Snowtrooper.

never_ending_fett
02-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Between lunch and after work yesterday I went to 4 Walmarts, 2 Targets, 2 Meijers, and 1 Toys R Us....and found nothing. I did see most of the Clone Wars Wave 4, a ton of Arc troopers etc. but I'm only interested in these. I would love to collect everything, especially because all these new figures are so cool, but I'm out of space and constrained by budget.

JON9000
02-06-2009, 10:24 AM
I am wanting to make a diorama of the cantina and im not sure how to do it. Does anyone have a website that i can go to that tells you how to do it or any ideas. I was thinking of an empty box and papermashe or how ever you spell it. lol anyway...any help would be great.

http://www.niubniubsuniverse.com/diorama/ep4/Cantina_01.asp

It's a little more involved, but it looks great. I think there is a floor plan in there somewhere. Go to Michaels and load up on foamcore board.

obi-dad
02-06-2009, 10:42 AM
The Jawa and droid were pretty cool.... actually the droid looked cool, the Jawa is just a rehash. I actually would have bought this if it was just the droid, but I don't need another Jawa figure so I passed on this one too.

First, the Jawa is not just another rehash (I don't believe, at least the gun is different and I thought I read of another difference). Secondly.... REALLY??? No, seriously? You would have bought it if it only came with the droid, but since it came with a bonus (even if you didn't want it), you didn't buy it? Somehow, that doesn't make sense to me. :p

Dark Marble
02-06-2009, 11:30 AM
I found all of this wave this morning at Target on the way to work. I think this is a great wave of figures and it feels good to see some new OT stuff on the pegs again.

bigbarada
02-06-2009, 11:36 AM
First, the Jawa is not just another rehash (I don't believe, at least the gun is different and I thought I read of another difference). Secondly.... REALLY??? No, seriously? You would have bought it if it only came with the droid, but since it came with a bonus (even if you didn't want it), you didn't buy it? Somehow, that doesn't make sense to me. :p

You're right, it doesn't make any sense at all, but watcha gonna do?:p More for you I guess.;)

I think the truth is that I'm really just burned out a bit on Star Wars, so I found it pretty easy to pass up all these figures. Maybe when Toy Fair rolls around, I'll see something that will reignite that spark for me.

Dark Marble
02-06-2009, 11:46 AM
I think the truth is that I'm really just burned out a bit on Star Wars.

I was with you there for a long time BB. I spent all of last year burnt out on star wars and did not get anything from the figure waves until December. I have re-thought my collection and my collecting habits which has energized me and given me a new love for Star Wars collecting again, but it took a long while where I just didn't care.

never_ending_fett
02-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Only had time for 1 walmart and 1 target at lunch today, still nothing from this wave...I'm going out of town for the weekend, maybe I'll have better luck in Indianapolis, or on my way there....

DarkJedi5
02-06-2009, 03:21 PM
The Stormtrooper figures (Luke, Han and Spacetrooper) were all the standard VOTC Stormtrooper body with different heads. For some reason Han and the Spacetrooper had the helmets that were included in the 2007 comic packs, but Luke had the helmet that was included with the TAC Stormtrooper from 2007. So no improvement to the bodies or helmet and the Luke and Han had the same heads as the comic pack versions. All in all, 3 easy passes for me. I've bought too many of this figure over the last 5 years.

While I won't argue with bigb, I will nit-pick. There is an ever so slight difference to the Stormtrooper Han and Luke, that being they have a redesigned holster that fits the blasters a good deal better than previous designs. Not that that alone makes these figs worth picking up, but I put it to you for your consideration.

Also, the Spacetrooper's helmet is modified (by a small hole) to accomodate the oxygen hose. I think he also has a new left hand to better hold his specialized weapon.

Wow, I sound like comicbook guy with all that....

AmanaMatt
02-06-2009, 09:00 PM
I am all over the ANH Space Stormie, if for no other reason of the sculpt and that he was in ANH.....

JON9000
02-07-2009, 12:12 AM

Ben Kenobi looks good, but I've just never been interested in his character at all. The likeness is not really any better than the VOTC Ben, just different. It doesn't really look like Alec Guiness at all.

Brainiac was alright, but just not exciting for me. Same with Terminal Man and Lamprey.

As for Wioslea, I'm sure some people are excited for her, but I'm not one. The alien design actually kind of creeps me out a little bit.

Anyways, I'm anxiously awaiting the ESB wave and the Saga Legends Snowtrooper.

Boooo!

I never got the comic pack figs. I'm still working with old 97 Stormie Luke and no Stormie Han, so these are must haves.

The Spacetrooper can double as another stormie, so he's in. Plus the idea of Stormtroopers as sort of space marines is pretty cool.

I really have a soft spot for POTJ Ben with a cloak, but I'll get the new one.

As for the cantina creatures and the Jawa, I'm a sucker for them, and these look good to me, especially Dice.

I just haven't seen any at retail :(

JetsAndHeels
02-07-2009, 11:09 AM
I just haven't seen any at retail :(

Don't feel bad, they are not anywhere around here in the Nash County area either. Hopefully soon though.

AmanaMatt
02-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Scored most in this wave except old ben and the Jawa set

What part of Luke is new? The belt? The holster? Looks like the same old VOTC body with a badly paint Luke head swap...?

Unless you got the comic two pack, Luke and Han are easy passes. Rest of wave seems cool, but is that lacking a 'WOW' factor!

jamesbondo07
02-07-2009, 04:05 PM
I found most of the wave today. Picked up a couple of Jawa and WED droids. The only one I did not fine was the spacetrooper.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Ben Kenobi looks good, but I've just never been interested in his character at all. The likeness is not really any better than the VOTC Ben, just different. It doesn't really look like Alec Guiness at all.I would disagree. I think the likeness is very good.

I found all but the Spacetrooper at Wal-Mart this morning. I also picked up Commander Faie, which I hadn't found yet, and a second 327th Clone. I passed on getting a second Jawa for now. I figured if I saw it at Target, I would get another one there, but no luck.

So, except for FX-6 and the Spacetrooper, I am caught up through #37.

Edit - Correction. I just realized that I don't have General Grievous. I saw a Grievous today, but it might have been a Saga Legends. I also wasn't paying attention to the BAD parts, so Commander Faie had an R5-A2 part rather than the MB-RA-7 torso.

DarkJedi5
02-08-2009, 01:21 AM
What part of Luke is new? The belt? The holster? Looks like the same old VOTC body with a badly paint Luke head swap...?

The difference is the holster itself. It's a little thicker and has a lip at the bottom to actually hold the blaster instead of just laying next to it.

never_ending_fett
02-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Finally found the cantina figures plus Ben on my way to Indianapolis from Cincinnati in Greensburg, IN. Will probably eventually get the others, I would have gotten the jawa but I didn't see it or the Spacetrooper. I wish the BAD would have been flipped as to which figures made which droid...oh well...

Cane_Adiss
02-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Scored this whole wave late Friday around midnight at my local Wal-Mart. Looked to me like they had just put out a few cases of them so there were lots to choose from. And Wow. This has to be my favorite wave thus far of all time. Even better than waves 4 and 5 from last year. Everyone must buy this wave!

Jawa w/ WED droid ~ The Jawa is just a repaint of last year's Jawa, but with a new bandolier and of course the droid, which could have been on it's own card and would sell through no problem. The Jawa is just as good as last year's although his enormous gun and holster are a little awkward to stand him with. The droid is absolutely an amazing piece of work. all of it's arms are jointed and function perfectly. Some of the "tool" ends are pretty funky and I can't imagine what purpose they would serve if the robot actully existed. I can't help but wonder if Hasbro made it too large? I thought these droids were supposed to be smaller than the human characters? It's huge. Maybe I'm wrong.

Obi-Wan ~ This figure is probably as good as they're gonna get Old Ben. The figure itself is super articulated, the sculpt is amazing and he's got an extra point of art. at his neck so his head has a little more room for movement. The soft goods are decently done, though the robe - which looks like the same robe used for Wioslea - has an enormous hood that is difficult to position in a natural way. The accessories he comes with are superbly done as well. You get the table, Leia's hologram and a perfectly decorated lightsaber.

Space trooper, Han Trooper, Luke Trooper ~ Basically, you're buying the VOTC Stormtroopers now cast in a better shade of white and with minor tooling changes and new heads with removeable helmets. I'm willing to bet that these three will be available in future case assortments as "carry forward" figures so if you can pass on these BAD's than you might be able to wait for them. All are wonderfully done though. I'm really pleased with how the Spacetrooper turned out. His rocket pack snaps onto his back really snugly, and his headsculpt and weapons are top notch.

Wioslea ~ I never thought much about how a Wioslea figure would look in person, but I must say I am really stunned by how Hasbro's sculptors managed to perfectly embellish the design and really make a great toy out of it. Wioslea's head is of course the most striking part of the figure, with all the eyes accounted for (and even several on the back of her head! Cool!), and a mouth that looks to actually be two or more mouths with more than one tongue (It looks like she's screaming at you!). That is pretty imaginative considering the original mask had what looked to be one tongue hanging out of her face in a pretty grotesque fashion. Her arms and legs are very highly detailed as well and her huge hood has two holes in it that you can fit her antennae through to keep the hood on her head. Now that's attention to detail!

Pons Limbic (originally "Brainiac")~ The sculptors at Hasbro definitely had their work cut out for them with this wave as the four aliens represented are probably some of the strangest. That being said, Pons Limbic has probably the weakest executed head sculpt out of the four IMO, though it might just look worse due to the lack of painted details on his face and "brain". His whole head is basically a flat peach color with minimal wash used to highlight his lobes. The figure itself is very well done, with his nifty costume perfectly executed and he's super articulated with ball joints everywhere but the hips and wrists. Pons has a blaster and a not-quite-to scale table which is really a great bonus as Hasbro once said that he and Old Ben would not be coming with their tables.

Trinto Duaba ~ Now this one kinda came out of left field when it was announced as I don't remember there being too many requests for this one over other cantina patrons (including the three others in this wave). He must've been a favorite of one of the Hasbro team members or something. Regardless, the finished figure is really stunning. His deco is great, his face sculpt is perfect (he actually looks very much like a friend of mine if he were a rotting corpse!) And he's nearly super articulated. He's got a nifty removeable "scarf" which when left on doesn't impede his movements at all really. His weapon fits well in his holster. The only small gripe I have is that he has cut elbows, and they are pretty flimsy cut elbows at that. Also his lower sleeves' color doesn't quite match his upper sleeves but that is easy to overlook.

Dice Ibegon ~ Now before I say anything else, let me tell you that for YEARS (like since the POTF2 days) Dice has been my No. 2 most wanted figure so I had pretty high expectations for this one. And for the most part, I'm satisfied. I was at first expecting Hasbro to cop out and do a "bendy" figure similar to Oppo Rancisis, which could've turned out ok or horrible depending on the sculptor. I'm glad they didn't do her that way. Whoever designed Dice's final look did an excellent job to made her look realistic and somewhat nightmarish. I am really pleased at her level of articulation because when I first saw pics I thought she was just a statue with 1 joint. All her arms are jointed and after you pop her together her upper body can swivel as well for a total of 7 joints. The sculpted detail and paint apps. on her body are on par with much of Sideshow's stuff so it's pretty sharp. For me she was the real reason to buy Trinto, but of course I would have bought him anyway.

never_ending_fett
02-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Do we know when they plan on making any more Cantina figures?

Snowtrooper
02-08-2009, 12:53 PM
My order from HTS showed up yesterday. Got the spacetrooperX2, Han & Luke stormtroopers, and JawaX2. The rest of it should show up Monday or Tuesday.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Do we know when they plan on making any more Cantina figures?
There are a few more coming in the next ANH wave, due in the fall.

never_ending_fett
02-08-2009, 03:50 PM
There are a few more coming in the next ANH wave, due in the fall.

Sweet! Do we know which ones yet?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Sweet! Do we know which ones yet?
I don't think so. There have been hints and such in various Q&As. I'm fairly sure Bom Vimdin is NOT one of them, but other than that, I really don't know. Maybe around Comic-Con in July, we'll find out.

Droid
02-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't think so. There have been hints and such in various Q&As. I'm fairly sure Bom Vimdin is NOT one of them, but other than that, I really don't know. Maybe around Comic-Con in July, we'll find out.

If they are actually ALIENS, and not resculpts, there are really only about 12 they could do. I know my spelling is off:

1. Saurin 1
2. Saruin 2
3. Lirin C'arn, the Bith not in the band
4. Defel (wolfman)
5. Baniss Keeg, the other Duros
6. Bom Vimdin
7. Mosep
8. Solomahal
9. The Fly
10. Leesub Sirin, weird girl only in the first cut
11. the Ranat
12. Fu Man Chu

They said Bom is next year. I don't think they'll do two versions of the Saurin. I think Leesub and Fu Man Chu are too obscure.

I am really hoping for the Saurin and the Ranat, but the only ones I listed I'm not too excited to see would be Leesub or Fu Man Chu (a little bit too much like Trinto for my tastes).

Tonnikas aside, I wish they'd do a couple humans. Rycar Ryjerd is very prominent (the little person at the head of the bar). Garouf Lafoe the snitch would be good. We've heard rumors of spacer Danz Borin

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-08-2009, 06:49 PM
For the record (I've found myself saying that a lot lately), and anyone wanting to look them up, "the Fly" is Tzizvvt, the Saurins are Hrchek Kal Fas and Sai'torr Kal Fas, the Ranat is Reegesk, and the Defel is Arleil Schous. Fu Man Chu apparently doesn't yet have an official name (he's seen right before Hem Dazon pops up). I believe Leesub Sirln is barely visible in the cantina but did indeed make it to the final cut (though I'm not sure). I've never been fond of Mosep Binneed; he reminds me of one of the characters from Freaks, or something. There are still quite a few prominent human characters from the cantina I'd like to see as well - Rucar Ryjerd, Yerka Mig, and the "spacemen." I also want Melas and would take him over Arleil Schous, though I do want both.

AmanaMatt
02-08-2009, 08:06 PM
The difference is the holster itself. It's a little thicker and has a lip at the bottom to actually hold the blaster instead of just laying next to it.

Ok, thanks!

never_ending_fett
02-08-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm just trying to figure out who I need to make customs of and who to wait if they are going to make any time soon. I know they are definately NOT ever going to do the Tonnika from what I've read here and other places. I don't really keep up with the Hasbro Q&A's, guess I should start lol.

I'd like to see some of the humans made too

Droid
02-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Oh I forgot Melas! I wasn't in a Special Edition mindset I guess. Of the ones I listed above, Melas and the Defel would be the only two that have a screen shot all to themselves, so they would be strong candidates. I'd be suprirsed if they make the Defel though; his main shot was cut out and they already made Lak Sirvak.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Oh I forgot Melas! I wasn't in a Special Edition mindset I guess. Of the ones I listed above, Melas and the Defel would be the only two that have a screen shot all to themselves, so they would be strong candidates. I'd be suprirsed if they make the Defel though; his main shot was cut out and they already made Lak Sirvak.
Well, Arleil Schous is sitting with Pons Limbic, so it's not completely out of the question.

obi-dad
02-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Jawa w/ WED droid ~ The Jawa is just a repaint of last year's Jawa, but with a new bandolier and of course the droid, which could have been on it's own card and would sell through no problem. The Jawa is just as good as last year's although his enormous gun and holster are a little awkward to stand him with. The droid is absolutely an amazing piece of work. all of it's arms are jointed and function perfectly. Some of the "tool" ends are pretty funky and I can't imagine what purpose they would serve if the robot actully existed. I can't help but wonder if Hasbro made it too large? I thought these droids were supposed to be smaller than the human characters? It's huge. Maybe I'm wrong.

Well, between HTS and Walmart, I've scored everything but the Spacetrooper.

I heard the WED droid was big, but that thing is huge. I know I have pictures in a book somewhere, but here's what I found on the web. Looking at the pictures, it looks like it was too big. The first pic shows it to be the same height at R2 and the second one has the edge of a Jawa on the left, looking to be the same height as the WED droid.

I'll have look to see if the mining droid was undersized. It looks like the base of the droid is easily wider than 2 R5s or R2's.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-09-2009, 10:15 AM
The WED is pretty cool. I just wish it was white like in that picture.

DarkJedi5
02-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I think the silver one is actually from the Death Star hanger. Technically we got the wrong droid?

pbarnard
02-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I think the silver one is actually from the Death Star hanger. Technically we got the wrong droid?

What?!?! Hasbro screws up a paint scheme/name it's like the Skiff Guards except more pathetic? Next you'll tell me Kenner didn't named Zuckuss is 4-LOM and 4-LOM is Zuckuss!?!? :thumbsup:

Well I was planning on a couple of them, so time to start customizing paint schemes, baby.

tagmac
02-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Found the entire wave at WM on Saturday afternoon. Debating whether or not I want to keep Han and Luke, but the rest I'll plan to keep. Ben Kenobi looks awesome, and the Spacetrooper, while average-looking, is a keeper since they did technically appear in ANH when the Falcon is entering the Death Star.

DarkJedi5
02-09-2009, 12:53 PM
I had passed on the Marvel sets (cause the blue paint was a stupid idea, no matter what Hasbro says) and so for me, the Han and Luke were an absolute must. And I think they're even better than the other ones anyway even if the paint had been the same. The torso's a little tighter (which I understand was a problem with the comic pack sets?) and I love the new holster. I know it's a really small change but it makes it an even better figure. And Han has a removable thermal detonator on his belt. Not sure why Luke's isn't though....

pbarnard
02-09-2009, 01:02 PM
I had passed on the Marvel sets (cause the blue paint was a stupid idea, no matter what Hasbro says) and so for me, the Han and Luke were an absolute must. And I think they're even better than the other ones anyway even if the paint had been the same. The torso's a little tighter (which I understand was a problem with the comic pack sets?) and I love the new holster. I know it's a really small change but it makes it an even better figure. And Han has a removable thermal detonator on his belt. Not sure why Luke's isn't though....

Haven't seen the Luke or Han Stormies on the pegs, but I got a question for those that have them. Have they fixed the "height" problem? I mean, is Luke finally a little short to be a stormtrooper?

obi-dad
02-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Haven't seen the Luke or Han Stormies on the pegs, but I got a question for those that have them. Have they fixed the "height" problem? I mean, is Luke finally a little short to be a stormtrooper?

No... they said they tried to, but that "the factory scre.... messed it up" the body is made from the same molds, but they were going to do something at the torso level to make Luke shorter IIRC.

DarkJedi5
02-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I remember hearing something about that too. I'm not sure if they tried or if they "tried" but it's a nice idea to imagine that they really did think about it.

TheDarthVader
02-09-2009, 01:12 PM
In which movie did R2-L3 appear? I can't seem to find much information about him.

obi-dad
02-09-2009, 01:13 PM
I remember hearing something about that too. I'm not sure if they tried or if they "tried" but it's a nice idea to imagine that they really did think about it.
Yeah, that idea crossed my mind too... it's not like the factories are checking out the Q&A's and forum sites.

Snowtrooper
02-09-2009, 02:54 PM
The rest of my HTS order showed up today, which was the cantina figures & Ben. They all looks prett damn good. Most of these I thought would never be made into figures. My cantina is looking nice and crowded.

never_ending_fett
02-09-2009, 03:10 PM
The rest of my HTS order showed up today, which was the cantina figures & Ben. They all looks prett damn good. Most of these I thought would never be made into figures. My cantina is looking nice and crowded.

Do you (or anyone else) have any pics of their cantina dio including these new figs? I'm working on my own and am always looking for pics of other peoples for ideas and inspiration.

pbarnard
02-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Do you (or anyone else) have any pics of their cantina dio including these new figs? I'm working on my own and am always looking for pics of other peoples for ideas and inspiration.

Working on it, but cantina is pretty massive and ontop of a 6' tall MDF case. So putting 2 or 3 figures in doesn't change it all that much. Only clear shot I could take right now is the Dice/Lak Sivrak.

It's also hard with certain characters because the sources I used to make my cantina (WEG/WotC/SW Gamer #8) may not be the same as the set layout and the incredible cross sections books. The confusion comes in the multiple angles Lucas used to shoot several different things all in the same set piece.

never_ending_fett
02-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Ah, I'm using the custom layout from the cantinacustoms website, with a few modifications, and scaled up to the size of the figures. I'm maybe 40% done....

pbarnard
02-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Ah, I'm using the custom layout from the cantinacustoms website, with a few modifications, and scaled up to the size of the figures. I'm maybe 40% done....

You can see the lay out of mine on that page. Click on the my My Customs link in my signature, and I have "some" of the pics moved up there. Still working on it because there is a lot, and I use it to store a lot of unused Tatooine figures as well.

The site and I agree, there is no one definitive way to lay it out because of the multiple shot/set use. Too many sources contradict who was with whom, and even the best visual evidence gives some aspects, but very rarely a context of location (outside of Han shooting Greedo). Don't get to obsessed with following any one source; asking critical questions on its accuracy and background/origination can be very healthy.

Either way, this is a group/wave that when it comes time for Jaff's Best/Worst, it's gonna be hard. I'm really pleased with what Hasbro is offering here.

never_ending_fett
02-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I agree that this was a very good wave, some of the best cantina aliens sculpt and articulation wise so far. Attention to detail is great.

I also agree that you can't follow just once source of info on who's where and the layout of the cantina, cantina customs is a good start, but there's some things there I don't agree with 100%. I'll check out your page for sure as I'm new to dioramas and customs and I know I'll need to find some good resources for customs for the figures that aren't out yet or aren't ever going to be made.

Thanks

DarkJedi5
02-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I've never really liked the placement of the bandstand in those layouts. It always seems to get put behind the bar where Luke would be standing. If that were the case you'd have seen the band behind him instead of that table he flies into.

never_ending_fett
02-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Best I can tell, and from the layout on the cantinacustoms site, there are 3 alcoves on each side of the bar, 2 that are parallel to the bar and 1 that angles in toward the entrance. Luke flies into the middle one exactly opposite from where han shoots greedo, the bandstand is the one closest to the back right next to the one luke gets pushed into.

El Chuxter
02-09-2009, 06:20 PM
There are six doors to the right of the main bar, one for each episode. Then there's (moving clockwise) the area where you make custom characters, an exit, another bar, the band, and the door for 2-player arcade mode.

DarkJedi5
02-09-2009, 06:25 PM
But only Jedi, Jar Jar, and Greivous can double jump....

never_ending_fett
02-09-2009, 06:54 PM
the lego star wars VG cantina is not exactly movie accurate lol.

Snowtrooper
02-10-2009, 12:54 AM

At this point its nothing picture worthy. All I have is just the bar set up on a shelf with a bunch of the cantina aliens starting to fill it up. I hope one day to make a full cantina.

never_ending_fett
02-10-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm still looking for the jawa and the space trooper (and I'll probably pick up luke and han eventually too to finish the BAD) so I hit my usual 2 walmarts, target, TRU, and Meijer with no luck today. The cantina figs and ben I found while I was out of town so maybe these aren't in Cincy yet, just everywhere around us...

TheDarthVader
02-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Can anyone tell me what movie or when did R2-L3 appear?????

pbarnard
02-10-2009, 02:40 PM
I know it was mentioned to me, but at Yakface they have

R2-L3 can be seen during Episode II in the streets of Mos Espa moments before Anakin's discussion with Watto

So right planet (for inclusion) in a wave, just wrong movie.

DarkJedi5
02-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Do you mean R2-N6? The red BaD in wave 5? That droid is from Mos Espa (well, that's disputable) in episode 2. I'm not sure where the R2-L3 name comes from, RS and other sites all list it by the other name and a search of wookieepedia (I know! Wookieepedia isn't perfect but it's the best I could do) yeilds a photo of the correct droid. There doesn't seem to be anything cannon on him so watch AOTC again and if you see something in the background that's close enough (that's what I ended up doing) then go with it.

Edit: Okay, having read the Yakface site they seem pretty certain that the droid is named R2-L3. So what is the name already? How is it possible that in the Star Wars universe a figure is made of something that doesn't have a name!?

obi-dad
02-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Can anyone tell me what movie or when did R2-L3 appear?????

I'm not sure he appears in the movies... I couldn't find him on Wookiepedia or http://www.astromech.net/

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
His Wookieepedia page has contrasting info . . . it lists that he was in Mos Espa, but says his homeworld was Coruscant. I thought I remember seeing a behind the scenes picture of him on the Coruscant set. There was a website I found once with a ton of reference photos, far more in-depth than astromech.net. I don't remember it though . . . I think each page had a bright background color, if that rings a bell?

obi-dad
02-10-2009, 03:18 PM
After posting and reading Mr. JabbaJohnL's post, I remembered Red6's Encyclopedia http://red6.tk/ "Where We Know Everybody's Name. But, since the last time I visited, the Enclopedia pages for Astromechs: http://red6.home.insightbb.com/Aliens/astromech is no longer found... in fact, most of the pages in the encyclopedia are no longer found. (I found Coruscant, Geonosis & Kamino under the Planets heading

pbarnard
02-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Do you mean R2-N6? The red BaD in wave 5? That droid is from Mos Espa (well, that's disputable) in episode 2. I'm not sure where the R2-L3 name comes from, RS and other sites all list it by the other name and a search of wookieepedia (I know! Wookieepedia isn't perfect but it's the best I could do) yeilds a photo of the correct droid. There doesn't seem to be anything cannon on him so watch AOTC again and if you see something in the background that's close enough (that's what I ended up doing) then go with it.

Edit: Okay, having read the Yakface site they seem pretty certain that the droid is named R2-L3. So what is the name already? How is it possible that in the Star Wars universe a figure is made of something that doesn't have a name!?

Which is my problem by non-authoritarian, user generated sources. They can do whatever they want "peer" reviewed or whatever. This is a licensed product, please Hasbro, have the folks at LFL tell us where you found the thing you're making!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Does anybody have the AOTC Visual Dictionary handy? Mine's at home and I'm at the dorm until Saturday. I think there are a few astro droids in there and our good buddy R2-N6 might be one of them, but I'm not sure. I will check in a few days if nobody else can. He might also be in the Complete Encyclopedia.

DarkJedi5
02-10-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm at work but I can check it out later if no one beats me to it.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-10-2009, 07:48 PM
I have the Complete Visual Dictionary. On page 79 there are some droids, and at the top left of the page is a small image of what looks like the R2-L3 build-a-droid. It isn't identified at all.

The Wookieepedia page on R2-N6 has a link to a "preview in which R2-N6's name became official," which is a Rebelscum image of one of the SDCC slides. So, I guess somewhere along the line they changed their minds and renamed it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Wait, I'm confused . . . what name do they use for the red droid on the packaging? I haven't seen it yet, so is it R2-N6 or R2-L3?

Mad Slanted Powers
02-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Wait, I'm confused . . . what name do they use for the red droid on the packaging? I haven't seen it yet, so is it R2-N6 or R2-L3?

R2-L3 is on the package.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Gah, I hate when they do that kind of stuff. Oh well.

JetsAndHeels
02-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm starting to get frustrated because I cannot find this wave anywhere. Hopefully my efforts will pay off soon.

bigbarada
02-10-2009, 10:39 PM
This Saturday, I actually found this wave on clearance at a Wal-Mart in Pana, IL. They had Wioslea, Pons Limbic, and Trinto/lamprey-slug-thing for only $4.50 each.

Obviously a mistake and I still didn't buy any of them. Pana is about a 40 minute drive for me, but anyone in the area might want to make a run over there to see if they're still around.

DarkJedi5
02-10-2009, 10:39 PM
So R2-L3 is on the packaging but in the slide show they called it R2-N6? This is so stupid. If it weren't a waste of a question I would put it to them in a Q&A.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Since it appears to be an obscure droid that barely had a mention anywhere, I'm not too concerned about it. That slide appears to have been the first time they gave it a name, and they probably just decided to call it something else for some reason.

TheDarthVader
02-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the responses about R3-L3 or whomever the hell he might be.

I just thought it was a cool looking astromech droid so I wanted to know the background.

Blue2th
02-11-2009, 01:45 AM
R2-L3N6 then?

Found the rest of this wave at Walmart today, so I picked up Obi-Wan, Jawa & Treadwell, and Space Trooper.

I just didn't like Stormtrooper Luke & Han so I skipped them. Who needs them if you have the comic pack figures.
At least I can complete R2-L3N6. He's the nicest looking of the two BAD's.

I have the torso, front leg, and head for R5-A2 from the Spacetrooper and Jawa.
So the parts for R5-A2 are in wave 6 as well right? So I can complete him without buying Han and Luke. Me hopes so.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-11-2009, 02:11 AM
R2-L3N6 then?

Found the rest of this wave at Walmart today, so I picked up Obi-Wan, Jawa & Treadwell, and Space Trooper.

I just didn't like Stormtrooper Luke & Han so I skipped them. Who needs them if you have the comic pack figures.
At least I can complete R2-L3N6. He's the nicest looking of the two BAD's.

I have the torso, front leg, and head for R5-A2 from the Spacetrooper and Jawa.
So the parts for R5-A2 are in wave 6 as well right? So I can complete him without buying Han and Luke. Me hopes so.Not if Wave 6 is the ESB wave. That's supposed to be E-3PO or U-3PO. BAD parts don't carry over to a new wave. Older figures carry over and get new BAD parts. That was my issue this weekend. I found Commander Faie, but he didn't come with the silver RA droid part, he came with a R5-A2 leg. So, if you don't have him yet, you can get a left leg with him.

My comic packs had the comic coloring to them, so to get more realistic versions, I'd have to have these.

Blue2th
02-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Not if Wave 6 is the ESB wave. That's supposed to be E-3PO or U-3PO. BAD parts don't carry over to a new wave. Older figures carry over and get new BAD parts. That was my issue this weekend. I found Commander Faie, but he didn't come with the silver RA droid part, he came with a R5-A2 leg. So, if you don't have him yet, you can get a left leg with him.

My comic packs had the comic coloring to them, so to get more realistic versions, I'd have to have these.

I wasn't paying attention, but that makes obvious sense to have droids according to the episodes they are in. I bought a few of the carry-over figures and remember seeing different droid parts in them. That's where I'm sure I got confused.

I have Faie from the first go around.

Hmm..droid parts dilema.

never_ending_fett
02-11-2009, 07:46 AM
hypothetically if you are a 100% MOMC completest, depending on how crazy you are, you would have to buy 2 of the same figures in the same series when they transition the BAD piece...

obi-dad
02-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Yeah... I got nervous last weekend. I skipped on Faie & Greivous, so I couldn't complete the silver DS droid (RA-7? can't remember the name). Anyway, when I ordered wave 5 from HTS, I finally caved and bought them to complete the droid. I then found wave 5 at Walmart last weekend and bought Jawa & the WED droid (HTS was sold out of that & the Spacetrooper), but Walmart didn't have the spacetrooper. Anyway, back to the point, if I have one, I saw Faie & Greivous at Walmart with R5-A2 parts instead of RA-7 parts, so I was nervous I bought figures from HTS that I only bought for the BAD part and then they wouldn't have the needed BAD part. But luckily, when I got home, my package from HTS was there and they came with the original BAD parts and I completed the RA-7 droid.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2009, 10:22 AM
I wasn't paying attention, but that makes obvious sense to have droids according to the episodes they are in. I bought a few of the carry-over figures and remember seeing different droid parts in them. That's where I'm sure I got confused.

I have Faie from the first go around.

Hmm..droid parts dilema.
For the thousandth time, if you get the BD figures when they come out the first time, you'll have all the droid parts you need. Once they get re-shipped, they come with different droid parts, but those parts are also available in the newer figures, so if you missed an older figure or don't want a newer one then you can just look for the part in a different figure.

Blue2th
02-11-2009, 10:51 AM
...er, don't hit me Vince, er John. :nerv: but you don't mind reiterating. :cheeky:

Yeah, I get them when they come out generally, so I haven't had this problem yet.

I can always use two Stormtroopers anyways, but I gots to have every build-a-droid.
If it weren't for the BAD then I would have passed on a few Legacy figures already. Makes them (barely) worth the $8.

pbarnard
02-11-2009, 12:28 PM
For the thousandth time, if you get the BD figures when they come out the first time, you'll have all the droid parts you need. Once they get re-shipped, they come with different droid parts, but those parts are also available in the newer figures, so if you missed an older figure or don't want a newer one then you can just look for the part in a different figure.

Which pretty much disproves all the Haters who say Hasbro can't run a business. But whole different question, why bother with this "gimmick" besides fooling most of us into buying figures/toys we don't want? Obviously the demand to release these droids as single cards or in sets exist. There has to be other ways to meet the demand beyond the waste that is the Yarna, Brea Orana etc.

...er, don't hit me Vince, er John. :nerv: but you don't mind reiterating. :cheeky:

Yeah, I get them when they come out generally, so I haven't had this problem yet.

I can always use two Stormtroopers anyways, but I gots to have every build-a-droid.
If it weren't for the BAD then I would have passed on a few Legacy figures already. Makes them (barely) worth the $8.

Exactly. And now if we're the "informed" consumer, and we can't keep straight what is with that, how is the luddite who in Hasbro's insidious/ingenius business model going to know what figure to by so little Johnny can have a fully functional droid?

DarkJedi5
02-11-2009, 12:38 PM
I think it was a stroke of genious because I have bought at least three figures I wouldn't have purchased if it hadn't been to finish a droid. Now if Hasbro sells three extra figures to all of us they've made considerably more than they would have. They've figured out that Star Wars fans like aliens, droids, and clones and since they (or Lucasfilm) doesn't want pieces of people sold as pack ins, that leaves droids. Too bad too cause clones would be cool with the different pieces of armor or different colors. You could mix and match your own specialized units....

TheDarthVader
02-11-2009, 12:54 PM
I am not a hater of the prequel trilogy, but the original trilogy droids interest me more than the prequel/EU droids. Those are the droids that I go after. Thanks to forum members, OldFossil and DarkJedi5, I have been able to complete the silver and black RA-7 droids. I am also a sucker for astromechs. My top type figures are: pilots, droids, and cantina/jabba's palace aliens. Then lastly followed by jedis.

Damn, here is the right order: aliens, droids, pilots, jedis.

jamesbondo07
02-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Found the spacetrooper yesterday. That completes what I want of this wave. Pegs are starting to get jammed with these and Wave 4 clonewars.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2009, 02:41 PM

No, it's not just you. It seems to be a common misunderstanding. I didn't even get it at first . . . but that was last year when they announced the BD concept at Toy Fair in February, and I had a full grasp on it by the time the figures came out in July. So, I mean, come on now, people. :D

Which pretty much disproves all the Haters who say Hasbro can't run a business. But whole different question, why bother with this "gimmick" besides fooling most of us into buying figures/toys we don't want? Obviously the demand to release these droids as single cards or in sets exist. There has to be other ways to meet the demand beyond the waste that is the Yarna, Brea Orana etc.
Right, how dare they actually try to make the products fun for once. :p A lot of people wanted Yarna and Breha, including me, and I'm glad to have them now. I've always gotten all the figures anyway (except during the TSC, with all the minor tweaks and repaints) so this is just a bonus for people like me. And I doubt all of the droids could do well single-carded or in sets - the astromech droids, maybe, but probably not some of the upcoming EU stuff, so might as well put them here.

Exactly. And now if we're the "informed" consumer, and we can't keep straight what is with that, how is the luddite who in Hasbro's insidious/ingenius business model going to know what figure to by so little Johnny can have a fully functional droid?
They'll look at the back of the packaging, which more or less tells them all they need to know, with the pictures of the other characters, picture of the droid they're building, and the part clearly visible right there. It's not rocket science.

I think it was a stroke of genious because I have bought at least three figures I wouldn't have purchased if it hadn't been to finish a droid. Now if Hasbro sells three extra figures to all of us they've made considerably more than they would have.
Exactly. They've gotta be doing something right - last year, the SW license made $450 million (including all companies, not just Hasbro), and the holiday season was the strongest for the brand in its entire history. That's pretty damn impressive.

DarkJedi5
02-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Exactly. They've gotta be doing something right - last year, the SW license made $450 million (including all companies, not just Hasbro), and the holiday season was the strongest for the brand in its entire history. That's pretty damn impressive.

Especially if you consider the economic environment this past holiday season. I really think that between the show keeping interest alive (usually for a summer movie release interest would be down by Xmas) and the BMF for being just too awesome not to put under a Christmas tree the line hit upon a good formula for the holiday season. Here's hoping for an AT-AT to play with in the snow this year!

pbarnard
02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
They'll look at the back of the packaging, which more or less tells them all they need to know, with the pictures of the other characters, picture of the droid they're building, and the part clearly visible right there. It's not rocket science.

People reading labels? That will be the day. Enough still don't so that it can and will cause a headache. How many people ignore something like a peanut warning yet still eat or feed it ignorantly to some one allergic?

DarkJedi5
02-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Good point. Not even the restocking clerks read the packaging and plan-o-grams. Otherwise they'd know there's a difference between SL and TLC and we wouldn't see only legends figures on the pegs for long stretches.

JetsAndHeels
02-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Pegs are starting to get jammed with these and Wave 4 clonewars.

Maybe where you are, but I have yet to see any of wave 5.

Hopefully soon.

never_ending_fett
02-11-2009, 11:03 PM
hopefully soon here as well...

Tycho
02-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Excellent figures and the red R2 BAD is the coolest one so far.

Wioslea is an awesome figure! Trinto and Dice is a very cool set. Pons Limbic has a multi-piece Cantina table included in his packaging!