PDA

View Full Version : Twilight ship.... now?

StbrianofMinneapolis
10-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Was anyone else surprised to see the Twilight featured so prominently (and awesomely!:grin:) in the second episode?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twilight_(ship)
I realize it might have just been a tie in to the movie, and maybe it will disappear soon. If the Twilight continues in the storyline, it had better be produced in this toyline.
Because of limited space and financial concerns, I am limiting myself from collecting a majority of this line, however I would snap up a toy of the Twilight in a second, and would be willing to pay $40 for it, maybe more.

jediguy
10-04-2008, 12:46 AM
I saw it, and I was wondering how it was repaired so fast to be back in service so soon
maybe there will be a few flashback episodes that explain how Anakin and Ahsoka repaired it and got it space worthy again

sadly, I think it might be too big for Hasbro to want to produce, even at a higher price point

It will have to play a much bigger role than what we have seen it done so far: just being a shuttle for Skyguy and Snips

I would love to add one to my collection, but realistically, I don't think it will happen

but one can always hope

bigbarada
10-05-2008, 05:05 AM
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the design. It just looks like an overweight B-Wing to me. Even if Hasbro made it, I wouldn't buy it.

Lazer Brain
10-07-2008, 12:23 PM
i thought it looks like a bwing and a emperial shuttle kit bashed. i might have enough scrap parts around to try to build my own. ha
later

Blue2th
10-07-2008, 12:46 PM
I would buy it. Something about odd looking lumbering slow obsolete aircraft (or in this case spacecraft) prevailing despite the odds appeals to me.

Kinda like the Millenium Falcon being "The fastest hunk'a'junk in the galaxy"

I think this comes from reading WWII stories of the first few years, where the U.S. went through the same thing with their aircraft. They were out gunned, out performed etc. but despite that, with their tenacity and wits outsmarted the enemy.

Bar
10-07-2008, 02:08 PM
I think this one is a nice design. I might give it a go in 1/24 after i see it in a few more episodes.
It's nice that Anakin fulfills the navigator role occasionally.

"My father didn't fight in the clone wars. He was a navigator on a spice freighter..."

Bar.

jedi master sal
10-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I think this one is a nice design. I might give it a go in 1/24 after i see it in a few more episodes.
It's nice that Anakin fulfills the navigator role occasionally.

"My father didn't fight in the clone wars. He was a navigator on a spice freighter..."

Bar.

Ah, true dat.

Ando
10-08-2008, 01:38 PM
According to this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twilight_(ship (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twilight_(ship)), the Twilight may in fact have been a spice freighter at some before Anakin got his hands on it...

Bar
10-08-2008, 01:45 PM
It's these little "30 years later" afterthoughts and tie-ins that make me love Star Wars.
Bar.

JediTricks
10-09-2008, 04:46 AM
LEGO made it happen, but I doubt Hasbro has the gumption.

Personally, I think if you take away the wings it's just a box, and that's not a fun or interesting design. It's also not particularly big, and the "B-wing" claim is too true.

Ando
10-09-2008, 10:40 AM
I agree. If I wanted a B wing, I would have bought one.

It's a fugly ship. I think it'd way be more interesting to have them discover an old YT-1300 and fix it up and fly that around, only to see it later wind up in the hands of some Sabbac player who's name sorta sounds like mine...

Bar
10-09-2008, 12:53 PM
That would have been cool too. But there are times when even Star Wars stretches coincidence too far...
Bar.

jedi master sal
10-09-2008, 01:51 PM
I agree. If I wanted a B wing, I would have bought one.

It's a fugly ship. I think it'd way be more interesting to have them discover an old YT-1300 and fix it up and fly that around, only to see it later wind up in the hands of some Sabbac player who's name sorta sounds like mine...

Hmm, that actually WOULD have been cool. Then the scenes in ESB when the Super Star Destroyer is chasing the Falcon would have more meaning. "I want that ship, not excuses!" Indeed!

That would have been cool too. But there are times when even Star Wars stretches coincidence too far...
Bar.

True, but this would bring the Falcon further into the prequels than just a glimpse of similar ships in AOTC and ROTS. In fact it could have that neat greenish pinstripping it has as seen in ROTS. That would be yet another way to rerelease the BMF, just in different colors!

Hmmm, now why didn't Hasbro think of that and talk with LFL about it. Perhaps it's still possible.

Maybe we could start a movement towards that!

I think it would be ultra cool to see the Falcon in the Clone Wars cartoon, and more than just a cameo.

Bar
10-09-2008, 01:57 PM
As soon as they get a sense the fans would like it, they will totally nix any idea of that.
sometimes it seems like they try to do the OPPOSITE of what would make the fans happy!!!
:D
This is the way i imagine it happening (http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/All_the_good_usernames_are_taken/Misc%20junk/lucas-unleashed.jpg)...
Bar.

JediTricks
10-09-2008, 07:05 PM
AAAAAAH!!! That was awesome!

DarkArtist
10-13-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm not sure if Hasbro would release this ship for the line. first the ship would need to be huge, maybe close to the size of the POTF Falcon. second while it is the "hero's Ship" i can't see kids wanting to play with it.

I can however (and hope to see it done) see Hasbro make the new Y-Wing bomber ship seen in the third episode of the Clone Wars. that ship looks cool.

Ando
11-11-2008, 07:26 PM
I have to admit that in spite of my earlier post, this ship has definitely grown on me over the last month or so of watching The Clone Wars.

I hope that Hasbro might end up making this for the 3 3/4" line. I know it won't be to scale, but is there anything that's ever been made by Hasbro to proper scale?

Bar
11-12-2008, 09:08 AM
I have to admit that in spite of my earlier post, this ship has definitely grown on me over the last month or so of watching The Clone Wars.

I hope that Hasbro might end up making this for the 3 3/4" line. I know it won't be to scale, but is there anything that's ever been made by Hasbro to proper scale?

I loved that ship from the word go(Primarily because it looked "so lousy", just like the Falcon!!!).
I am going to try and get some plans together.
If i can get them done, i will happily share them with anyone else who wants to attempt a scratch.
Bar.

StbrianofMinneapolis
11-12-2008, 06:46 PM
I am looking to draw up some plans for this ship as well. I am now conviced that a jedi starfighter needs to be able to be crunched into the cargo area. Also being that this ship is essentially a large flying box, Hasbro should take advantage of that.

In order to make it cool and save space, I think the Hull of the ship should contain two main portions, the **** pit and the cargo bay. The cargo bay should be big enough to fit in a jedi star fighter, but also feature a removable "room" featuring a medical bay that can be snapped in place or removed to fit the star fighter. When the medical bay is installed the cargo bay would simply be half size. And for love of everything that is cool, include the hose thingy Ahsoka was hanging off of, some left over spice cargo containers, a clone weapons rack, and maybe some ponchos to throw over Ahsoka and Anakin. The possibilities for playability and action oriented features in this ship are enormous.

This is a change in design theory, but the boxy shape of this ship allows for this rare circumstance.

Ando
11-12-2008, 07:04 PM
...I am now conviced that a jedi starfighter needs to be able to be crunched into the cargo area...

This scene from last Friday's episode is what finally sold me on the Twilight. I am all about utility, multi-use cargo vehicles, and vehicles carrying other vehicles, plus the scene reminded me of some similar scenes from Firefly and Serenity.

Bar
11-13-2008, 12:03 PM
This scene from last Friday's episode is what finally sold me on the Twilight. I am all about utility, multi-use cargo vehicles, and vehicles carrying other vehicles, plus the scene reminded me of some similar scenes from Firefly and Serenity.

Agreed.
I have a friend who has mastered MANY model kits, and his research skills are second to none. He is going to make me a set of plans, with which i will make a scale version of this one.
I think it's possible for Hasbro to make one, but it will be horribly underscaled, and possibly ill-proportioned...
But we'll have to wait and see for that.
Bar.

DarkArtist
11-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Agreed.
I have a friend who has mastered MANY model kits, and his research skills are second to none. He is going to make me a set of plans, with which i will make a scale version of this one.
I think it's possible for Hasbro to make one, but it will be horribly underscaled, and possibly ill-proportioned...
But we'll have to wait and see for that.
Bar.

sounds like a good deal. is your friend a designer of models or toys ? would love to see the final product. been trying to build a custom Imperial Landing craft for about 5 years now and have had some success and alot of failures. (my biggest problem is the sheer scale of it, i want to be able to have the cargo area hold about 20 troopers, 4 speeder bikes and various other goodies, ie Tri-Pod Laser canons, Dewbacks etc)

Bar
11-13-2008, 04:25 PM
sounds like a good deal. is your friend a designer of models or toys ? would love to see the final product. been trying to build a custom Imperial Landing craft for about 5 years now and have had some success and alot of failures. (my biggest problem is the sheer scale of it, i want to be able to have the cargo area hold about 20 troopers, 4 speeder bikes and various other goodies, ie Tri-Pod Laser canons, Dewbacks etc)

Sounds like a big project, but not impossible.
Get yourself a bit stack of MDF, a face mask and a rotary sander, and get to work!!!
My friend masters model kits. That is, he makes the master patterns which are then turned into model kits people can buy and put together themselves.
The subjects he has made are here (http://www.planet3earth.co.uk/stargazer%20models%20for%20sale.htm).
Bar.

StoneTrooper420
11-17-2008, 03:50 PM
I was thinking the same thing, I need a Twilight Space Craft for my collection. Hasbro has made Massave Usless AT-?? or what ever they are but the wont make a Ship that is in Almost Everyfreaking Ep and 1/3 of the Featured Film? COME ON HASBRO U WANT MY MONEY MAKE A TWLIGHT FOR 75$ AND COME TAKE IT!!! $$$$$$$ THAT IS!!!!!!

I want Twilight now :mad:

Bar
11-17-2008, 03:55 PM
I was thinking the same thing, I need a Twilight Space Craft for my collection. Hasbro has made Massave Usless AT-?? or what ever they are but the wont make a Ship that is in Almost Everyfreaking Ep and 1/3 of the Featured Film? COME ON HASBRO U WANT MY MONEY MAKE A TWLIGHT FOR 75$ AND COME TAKE IT!!! $$$$$$$ THAT IS!!!!!!

I want Twilight now :mad:

The problem is that, to make a $75 Twilight, it would be 1/32 at the absolute biggest...
And that wouldn't be big enough to fit an Aethersprite into...
Bar.

Jangu Fett
11-17-2008, 06:27 PM
There are a number of ships from the SW universe that I would love to see Habro do. But most likely will never done, 1 being the Twilight. Even if it's scaled down, I wouldn't realy mind if it could fit 2 figures inside. The other is the Rogue Shadow from TFU, but, sadly and stupidly (if you ask me) Hasbro said they will not be doing anything more from TFU. And while they will keep doing figures and other vehicles (repaints) from the Clone Wars series, I don't think the Twilight will be something any of us wil see. Two major ships from 2 major SW successes, and Hasbro will not make 3 3/4 inch scale ships. Pretty dumb, IMO. At lest they are planning to release the Twilight as a Titanium, unless that turns out to be like the yet-to-be-released Outrider from 2006.