PDA

View Full Version : Jodo Kast

BaneMalar
10-04-2008, 08:08 PM
So my wife, she is awesome, picked Jodo Kast up for me today at Kohls with a 30% off coupon. I liked this EU character from the Dark Horse cover when he and Fett are fighting together. I was really into Fett at the time...so the cover caught my intrest when I was younger....the storyline in the issue was pretty intresting. ANYWAYS, The figure is pretty true and a must for Dark Horse fans..Basicly another Mandalorian with different paint scheme, and the wookie braids are the ONLY let-down for me on this one. I wish they were real hair or something instead of just painted on over the shoulder. BUT seeing it brought back good memories of seeing that Star Wars issue on the newsstand when I was younger...so I am excited to see they made him. Another PLUS...the B-A-D figure in this wave is awesome! Perfect for anyone who loves good ol' IG-88. So i might have to pick up the rest of them to him.

cookiemonster
10-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Sorry this Jodo Kast figure could have been so much better, the paint looks cool on it, but how hard is it to use a SA Boba Fett and paint him with the same painting skills.

Nah this figure is a let down.

BaneMalar
10-06-2008, 08:44 PM
I took him out of package yesterday...I didnt realize he has a gun aim action when you push down on the jeckpack. (LAME) also his antenna thing folds down over the eye...HOWEVER it falls right out. This was a figure that was NEVER meant to be taken out of package I am guessing..I still like that they made him, only because of personal reasons, but it was done very cheap.

bigbarada
10-06-2008, 09:10 PM
I remember first reading the name Jodo Kast during the old West End Games days of the Star Wars RPG. It was probably 1987 or 1988 that they released a Bespin adventure module that renamed all the ESB Bounty Hunters. Jodo Kast (ie: Boba Fett) seems to be the only one that was resurrected into modern EU.

cookiemonster
10-06-2008, 09:22 PM
BB I think the reason he was released is becuase of the Twin Engines of Destruction comic, however I know what you are saying about hearing of him first in WEG (or should that be reading about him, and going up against - my Game Master always used to like to use him).

bigbarada
10-06-2008, 10:59 PM
BB I think the reason he was released is becuase of the Twin Engines of Destruction comic, however I know what you are saying about hearing of him first in WEG (or should that be reading about him, and going up against - my Game Master always used to like to use him).

Yeah, it was the comics that made him famous, but I didn't know how many people knew of the character's true origin.

DarkJedi5
10-06-2008, 11:39 PM
I took him out of package yesterday...I didnt realize he has a gun aim action when you push down on the jeckpack. (LAME) also his antenna thing folds down over the eye...HOWEVER it falls right out. This was a figure that was NEVER meant to be taken out of package I am guessing..I still like that they made him, only because of personal reasons, but it was done very cheap.

This isn't a new figure, it's just a repaint of the Saga Boba Fett with the jet pack flame accessory missing. It is disappointing that they repainted this figure but I can't believe people are surprised at how crappy the sculpt is.

BaneMalar
10-07-2008, 09:25 AM
I am confused...where is his origin written? I wasnt aware he was in any novels. I thought he was only a one-shot character in the Dark Horse comic.

DarkJedi5
10-07-2008, 09:56 AM
I am confused...where is his origin written? I wasnt aware he was in any novels. I thought he was only a one-shot character in the Dark Horse comic.

Here is a list of his "appearances" according to the infallible source that is wookieepedia:

* A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale (Mentioned only)
* Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi (Unlockable character)
* Side Trip (as impersonated by Thrawn)
* Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction
* The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett (Mentioned only)

pbarnard
10-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Here is a list of his "appearances" according to the infallible source that is wookieepedia:

* A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale (Mentioned only)
* Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi (Unlockable character)
* Side Trip (as impersonated by Thrawn)
* Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction
* The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett (Mentioned only)

Such that it is, leaves out most of the WEG material. Also in WotC Rebellion Era sourcebook. But since the idea is on where is origin is, the nod is to WEG.

And like I posted here in the review section, nice paint apps, lame features, ehh, figure.

jedi master sal
10-07-2008, 12:08 PM
If anyone DOES want the figure, I have an extra Sans the build a droid part. I'm will to trade or sell the fig for $6 plus exact shipping.

I also have and extra set of Even Piell/Yaddle (again sans droid part) for sale/trade.
I won't split up the Jedi unless you can get another person to buy the other one you don't want.

PM me if interested.

cookiemonster
10-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Good luck on selling him Sal.:thumbsup:

jedi master sal
10-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Good luck on selling him Sal.:thumbsup:

Yeah I know... Actually I don't think it's that bad of a figure, it's just that the EVO Boba is that much better.

Jodo Kast is one of the few Mando's that has been around for awhile and is more known. So I'm a little surprised that he's getting all of this negativity.

Umbra
10-07-2008, 06:01 PM
This isn't a new figure, it's just a repaint of the Saga Boba Fett with the jet pack flame accessory missing. It is disappointing that they repainted this figure but I can't believe people are surprised at how crappy the sculpt is.

I never bought that fett, so didn't know about the sculpt, thus was disapointed when i opened Kast. Also, i don't know if its only my own, but the head is extremely loose.

cookiemonster
10-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah I know... Actually I don't think it's that bad of a figure, it's just that the EVO Boba is that much better.

Jodo Kast is one of the few Mando's that has been around for awhile and is more known. So I'm a little surprised that he's getting all of this negativity.

I dont think Jodo Kast the character is getting the Negativity, its the **** poor job Hasbro did with him, thats getting the Negativity.

They could have easily used a EVO Boba Fett or a TAC/SL Boba Fett and this figure would have people clamouring for it.

JediTricks
10-08-2008, 06:06 AM
I was at the store recently and found the figure, bought it, considered returning it due to it being a lesser mold and a weak paintjob in this particular one, and the price is so high now. But for now I've kept it, because Kast was kinda interesting against Fett, the concept was original, pretender to the throne and all that.

That said, I think Hasbro should have used a newer mold - VOTC or Evo - and put out this mold for the kiddies in the Saga Legends line where it belongs. I already found one kid and mom scouring the pegs for a Boba Fett figure a couple weeks ago, I felt bad because there isn't one on shelves right now and they had a LOT of pegwarmers to check.

bigbarada
10-10-2008, 11:02 AM
^^SPAM!!^^ :mad:

TheRealDubya
10-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I dont think Jodo Kast the character is getting the Negativity, its the **** poor job Hasbro did with him, thats getting the Negativity.

They could have easily used a EVO Boba Fett or a TAC/SL Boba Fett and this figure would have people clamouring for it.

Precisely. I was onboard for or 2 or 3, then realized it was a mold I just despise. Sad pass for me, as Twin Engines of Destruction was from the glory days of the Dark Horse comics that I just loved, and was a huge favorite of mine. That's when I was getting back into Star Wars -- mid-to-late '90s.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-10-2008, 07:25 PM
I cried when i open this figure...literally i cried, i expected soo much more and got crap...the whole wave this figure came from was crap...(Except for Yaddle and Evan), but other than those two and the build a droid it was crap! Kast deserved at least the vintage collection mold... though i will say i will be painting me a Kast using one of the EE earth mandos to do so. Hasbro just sucks. . .Exar Kun better be a new mold and not a Anakin head on a Obi Wan body!

JetsAndHeels
10-11-2008, 09:36 AM
the whole wave this figure came from was crap...(Except for Yaddle and Evan)

I pretty much agree with you, but I do like the Imperial Engineer figure. I think he is pretty cool, and I did not realize his helmet was removable until after I opened him.

I have the Kast figure, but haven't opened him yet. Judging by what I have read so far, I probably won't.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-11-2008, 03:46 PM
I pretty much agree with you, but I do like the Imperial Engineer figure. I think he is pretty cool, and I did not realize his helmet was removable until after I opened him.

I have the Kast figure, but haven't opened him yet. Judging by what I have read so far, I probably won't.

Please don't keep him sealed at least there he actually looks like a good figure. Jango as a Death Star Gunner is decent...I wasn't a big fan the first time around, though so i pretty much pitched him in a storage container and forgot about him.

Obsession is Nute
10-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Wave 3 is a bizzare wave if there ever was one. Is it the theme "using old molds, repainting them and marketing them as new figures"? I am sure it will make Hasbro money, because they are almost impossible to find.

I just found Halo Dooku yesterday. His mold looks awesome, I really hope they reuse it so I can have a new official Dooku for display. So tired of the cloth capes and wierd poses. Dooku is supposed to be an regal figure, not some disheveled, exhausted-from-battle character!

Am I the only one that thought Jodo should have been put in a comic 2 pack? Packed with with an old Dengar or Fett, DONE! I think they could have used the Legacy spot for something else from the films.

DarkArtist
10-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Wave 3 is a bizzare wave if there ever was one. Is it the theme "using old molds, repainting them and marketing them as new figures"? I am sure it will make Hasbro money, because they are almost impossible to find.

I just found Halo Dooku yesterday. His mold looks awesome, I really hope they reuse it so I can have a new official Dooku for display. So tired of the cloth capes and wierd poses. Dooku is supposed to be an regal figure, not some disheveled, exhausted-from-battle character!

Am I the only one that thought Jodo should have been put in a comic 2 pack? Packed with with an old Dengar or Fett, DONE! I think they could have used the Legacy spot for something else from the films.

I agree about the Jodo Kast needed a comic pack rather than a single carded version - would have loved to see the a one shot of Twin Engines of Destruction with a repacked Boba Fett (perhaps with a bandaged up head) and a VOTC repaint of Jodo Kast. that would have been awesome.

cookiemonster
10-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Actuallly when I first heard that they were doing a Jodo Kast, I thought thats how it was going to be released as a CP, later to find out what a disappointment it was in reality, they could have done so much better, and they had already used the VOTC Boba Fett for TAC/SL Boba Fett and Animated Boba Fett, so there was a decent sculpt ready for use, so it boggles my mind why Hasbro wont use decent sculpts and always plums for the one, no one wants really.

DarkJedi5
10-16-2008, 04:14 PM
I tried to ask this in a Q&A but I guess it had already been answered. The reasoning I got was that the good tools were busy for the Evo pack and the two other Mando CPs. That meant that they had to go with the next newest tools and that was this Saga hunk of crap. They also said that it was "now or never" with this fig and they thought we'd be appreciative to have Jodo in plastic at all instead of griping about the subpar job. I for one am a firm believer in the idea that if you're not going to do it right and give it 100%, don't bother. I wish Hasbro was too.

cookiemonster
10-16-2008, 04:20 PM
I totally agree with with you DJ, I am off the same mind, if your going to do it, do it right - not a half assed atempt, and why couldnt they wait, was Jodo Kast suddenly become less popular than he is now, it just makes no sense.

DarkArtist
10-16-2008, 06:07 PM
I tried to ask this in a Q&A but I guess it had already been answered. The reasoning I got was that the good tools were busy for the Evo pack and the two other Mando CPs. That meant that they had to go with the next newest tools and that was this Saga hunk of crap. They also said that it was "now or never" with this fig and they thought we'd be appreciative to have Jodo in plastic at all instead of griping about the subpar job. I for one am a firm believer in the idea that if you're not going to do it right and give it 100%, don't bother. I wish Hasbro was too.

that answer sounds like someone saying if you don't like it don't buy it. i'm sure we will see this figure redone further down the road as a comic pack...i think hasbro threw the figure in the wave to fill a gap.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-21-2008, 03:06 AM
This one seems floppier than the Saga Boba Fett. However, for now it is the only one I've determined that has the head of the build a droid figure. I opened all my duplicates and the one greatest hits figure I had, and the head is one of the two pieces left for me to make a second droid. I suppose once all the other waves have come and gone, I'll have bits and pieces of other droids to cobble together a complete droid.

bigbarada
10-24-2008, 11:51 PM
However, for now it is the only one I've determined that has the head of the build a droid figure.

I have the head to that BaD, but I never bought Jodo. I think it came with that blue-trimmed AT-RT Driver with the shoulder mounted quad-cannon.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-25-2008, 02:41 AM
I have the head to that BaD, but I never bought Jodo. I think it came with that blue-trimmed AT-RT Driver with the shoulder mounted quad-cannon.
You are correct, sir. Either I missed it or it wasn't updated yet on this guide (http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/html/badguide.html) at Yakface.

DarkJedi5
11-03-2008, 10:04 AM
So I finally got my Jodo Kast figure and I'm even more dissapointed. I the shoulder joints are so loose on my fig that he can't even hold his gun up without using those clear rubberbands that came with him. This is the reason why I hate action features. Often times they are at the expense of the figure's ability to pose. Anyone else have a defective Jodo or did I get the only one?

DarkArtist
11-03-2008, 03:47 PM
So I finally got my Jodo Kast figure and I'm even more dissapointed. I the shoulder joints are so loose on my fig that he can't even hold his gun up without using those clear rubberbands that came with him. This is the reason why I hate action features. Often times they are at the expense of the figure's ability to pose. Anyone else have a defective Jodo or did I get the only one?

sadly it's due to the action feature. all the Jodo's as well as the original Boba figure suffer from this problem, unless you push down on the rocket the arms hang limp and the blaster rests at the waist.

l planning on using an extra VOTC Fett and customizing it for Jodo. hope to have pics up soon.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-03-2008, 07:42 PM
The head on mine is really loose. It swivels way too easily.

jediguy
11-03-2008, 07:54 PM
let go of your anger

put Jodo on the shelf with the other Mandos or bounty hunters and let him collect dust

have faith that Hasbro will give us a better mold in a comic pack with a new Boba

Jedi_Kal-El
11-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Finally saw one on pegs the other day. I'd seen the rest in his wave about two weeks ago. He's not a bad repaint, and I'll probably pick him up to go with my other Mandos.

DarkJedi5
11-14-2008, 01:47 PM
That's what I thought too until I opened it and remembered just how awfull the original sculpt was.

FundingMyAddiction
11-17-2008, 07:15 PM
That's what I thought too until I opened it and remembered just how awfull the original sculpt was.

Having never had the Boba in this sculpt, I had no idea what I was in for. I thought Jodo was one pretty cool lookin' dude. And then I opened him up. This is one of the worst figures in recent memory.

Old Fossil
11-27-2008, 02:04 PM
I got Jodo Kast this morning, along with most Wave 4, in order to complete MB-RA7, the silver droid. He is not so bad, has really great paint apps, althoug he does suffer the floppy joints and limited poseability of the original Boba Fett mold.