PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a realistic figure of Ashoka Tano?

Tycho
10-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Maybe, if her character grows on me, I'd get a realistic figure of Ashoka Tano if Hasbro made her.

I was just posting in the Star Wars TV section, and speculated that they might not traumatize kid viewers by killing her off.

So what happens to her? Well, wouldn't it be cool if she came of age in The Dark Times and eventually had to face Darth Vader?

Would her former master show her mercy?

While I'm really getting sick of the Clone Wars, I wouldn't mind seeing the series stretch (even with Ashoka) to The Dark Times.

For that especially, it'd be cool to have realistic figures.

clone157
10-05-2008, 02:14 AM
Maybe, if her character grows on me, I'd get a realistic figure of Ashoka Tano if Hasbro made her.

I was just posting in the Star Wars TV section, and speculated that they might not traumatize kid viewers by killing her off.

So what happens to her? Well, wouldn't it be cool if she came of age in The Dark Times and eventually had to face Darth Vader?

Would her former master show her mercy?

While I'm really getting sick of the Clone Wars, I wouldn't mind seeing the series stretch (even with Ashoka) to The Dark Times.

For that especially, it'd be cool to have realistic figures.

I'm wondering if they are going to edit in the scenes of Grievious killing Shaak Ti in ROTS but change it to Ashoka via CG and reintroduce it in a special edition blu ray release.

Phantom-like Menace
10-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I definitely would get Ahsoka Tano. She's right now the primary reason I'm annoyed that Hasbro won't do realistic Clone Wars figures.

Blue2th
10-05-2008, 11:30 AM
It would be odd, but yeah I would buy one. Anything realistic from Clone Wars I'm down for because of diorama building.
Maybe if they put her in a comic then we could kind of get an idea what she would look like.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2008, 12:24 PM
It would be odd, but yeah I would buy one. Anything realistic from Clone Wars I'm down for because of diorama building.
Maybe if they put her in a comic then we could kind of get an idea what she would look like.
She was shown "realistically" on the packaging of one of those miniatures games . . . I don't have a link. But I think, after the show is done and the animated line is no more, then I'd like to see at least the main characters redone realistically.

jediguy
10-05-2008, 01:50 PM
I have the figure of Ahsoka, and I think it looks realistic enough for me

Blue2th
10-05-2008, 02:07 PM
She was shown "realistically" on the packaging of one of those miniatures games . . . I don't have a link. But I think, after the show is done and the animated line is no more, then I'd like to see at least the main characters redone realistically.

Like to see that.
I'm ok with the way figures are animated, and even bought some including Ashoka.
Just like they did with the original cartoon even though it will take a while longer, we will eventually see some realistic figures. It's too much of an opportunity for Hasbro.

BTW: went out yesterday to pick up a few Clone Wars animated, and now that I was looking specifically for them, I noticed that some from wave 1 are getting very hard to find like Captain Rex and Yoda, a close third is Grievous. This seemed to happen right when the show came on TV.
The ones that are pegwarming are R2, Anakin, and Obi-Wan.
Of course Ashoka, Oddball, and Cody are next to impossible to find right now, and you know they've hit the pegs because the Super Battledroid is usually the one left.

Tycho
10-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm just not buying the animated. I need to buy a very large house to display all the Star Wars that I've got (not that being a homeowner is a bad thing in itself) but I really don't see myself having more room for another animated series.

Furthermore, besides Ashoka, there really aren't any new characters in the animated series that I want to purchase, thus far. A realistic figure of Ashoka is the only figure I'm inspired to want.

Blue2th
10-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Obi-Wan of this series in phase 2 armor realistic style. The animated one is quite underwhelming, and not even as good as any of the animated clones as far as features and articulation.

Neuroleptic
10-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I honestly think it'd be kinda interesting if they somehow kept Ashoka alive for the live action series. Especialy if they allow the character to evolve throughout the course of the show rather than keeping her a two dementional thoughtless character.

Be interesting to see her go up against Darth Vader . . .

And die horribly. Be agreat way to end the series, even.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I have the figure of Ahsoka, and I think it looks realistic enough for meI've not seen the figure, but I think that her character looks more realistic in the show than other characters like Anakin and Dooku. Thus, I think an animated figure will be good enough, though I would buy the realistic version if one is made.

cookiemonster
10-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Nope leave her in the Realistic/Animated style.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2008, 11:38 PM
I've not seen the figure, but I think that her character looks more realistic in the show than other characters like Anakin and Dooku. Thus, I think an animated figure will be good enough, though I would buy the realistic version if one is made.
Her seeming more suited to the animated style is probably because that's the first way we've seen her so we're used to her like that, while we're more used to the live-action versions of the other characters.

El Chuxter
10-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Having tried to watch the show, I can say, "Absolutely not. I would rather they make nothing but resculpts of Tatooine Luke and Greedo from here on out."

Wait, that describes what the past few years have been anyway.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Her seeming more suited to the animated style is probably because that's the first way we've seen her so we're used to her like that, while we're more used to the live-action versions of the other characters.That is part of it. We don't have a live action or other realistic portrayal of her to compare to. However, she doesn't seem too different from Shaak Ti. I think a realistic version wouldn't be too different. Maybe she would not be quite as much of a stick figure. Maybe the colors and features of her species make them seem sort of cartoonish to begin with. Compare the two:

Shaak Ti (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/ROTS/rots0521shaaktifront.jpg)

Ahsoka Tano (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TCW/Basic/09ahsoka/TCW-194.jpg)

DarkArtist
10-06-2008, 03:51 PM
i'd get one. i kinda like the character and think it would be interesting to see what happens to her. i think the Dark Times idea would be cool, Ashoka vs her old Master.

Jargo
10-06-2008, 04:22 PM
no. totally not interested in any jedi anymore. and definitely not interested in anything from the clone wars.

Cane_Adiss
10-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Personally I think the animated figure is realistic enough, though I wouldn't be surprised if one was done eventually. The current one is a great figure though, and I suggest everyone get one even if you're skipping the rest of the animated line. So far I've only bought her, the battle droid (another excellent figure) and the super battle droid (somewhat underwhelming) from the animated line. I plan on getting Plo Koon, and if more alien jedi are done probably them too.

Overall though I'm pretty turned off by the series, and won't be buying much.

cookiemonster
10-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Cane I am planning on picking these up as I am collecting them, but can you tell me what the Articualtion is like on the SBD please.

Obsession is Nute
10-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I would definitely like to see a realistic Ashoka figure. However, based on what I have seen from preview of her animated figure, it looks realistic enough, assuming the scale is correct. I'll bet I could slip her into my Republic display case without any notice. I have had no luck in finding her or anything new in the stores, and I am checking weekly. The shelves are pretty much full of the same things I bought during Midnight maddness. The only new things have been the evolutions and the new comic packs. I love my Tol Skorr and Durge figures!

I hear yah, Tycho, with the exception of Ashoka, I have no intention of buying anything from the animated line. I love the show, but these figures just do not assimilate with the prior 816 figures, and majority rules!

I love the Clone Wars, but they do need to slow down on the use of Obi-Wan and Anakin as the driving force of the stories. The Clone Wars last about 3 years, and between the comics, video games, books, computer games, and the first show, a great deal of Anakin/Obi-Wan's activities during the CW have been revealed. The more they add, the harder it is for canon fanboys like keep everything plausibly ordered. ::Sighs.:: There are so many cool characters in the Star Wars universe, why not explore them?

jediguy
10-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I am planning on picking these up as I am collecting them, but can you tell me what the Articualtion is like on the SBD please.

I can help here

swivel shoulders and hips, and ball jointed elbows and torso

no knee or ankle articulation at all

the SBD comes with 2 removable rocket launchers that fit under each forearm

the figure is very top heavy, and it will need support to stand up for any length of time

I glued mine to the stand with a drop of glue on the peg and some glue on the other foot as well

pbarnard
10-07-2008, 03:09 PM
With respect to the one I loathe...

Yes, she does deserve a "real" version. Actually every EU "significant" character does deserve a "real" version to be done of them.

cookiemonster
10-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks JG my friend, I wonder if I could somehow drill the legs and fit Paper Clips in them to give more stability and strength at the same time.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-07-2008, 06:34 PM
I think the SBD actually has ball jointed shoulders, but the limited range of motion effectively makes it a swivel joint instead.

Phantom-like Menace
10-08-2008, 12:43 AM
With respect to the one I loathe...

Yes, she does deserve a "real" version. Actually every EU "significant" character does deserve a "real" version to be done of them.

It's nice to see someone find a middle ground on issues like this, none of that "Dear-Hasbro,-I-don't-like-her-so-don't-make-her crap."

El Chuxter
10-08-2008, 02:20 AM
I didn't say Hasbro shouldn't make her, if I'm whom you're referring to. I just said I wouldn't want one, which is the subject of the thread.

Umbra
10-08-2008, 02:46 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing her in the realistic style, and would likely buy her in such a fashion. Though i'm also with the group of people thinking her animated incarnation will fit in ok with the real line...assuming I ever find her.

cookiemonster
10-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Chuxter I think he is refering to me because I came out and said I didnt want her done in the realistic style, however I never mentioned once that any character should or shouldnt be made, after all I want Jaxxon and Amaiza Foxtrain made, and a lot of people hate that idea when you mention it.

I just dont think Ahsoka should be made in the True Realistic style, its not the character then, the character was Made in the Likeness she appears, ok let me ask you PLM would you want any of the Main Movie characters to be made into Animated/Realistic, and I am not on about characters already scheduled to appear in the New Clone Wars.

JediTricks
10-09-2008, 04:05 AM
I don't really care, to be quite honest. They keep making weird stuff that's not from realistic that I end up buying, yet they make plenty from comics and games and such that I also don't buy. When I discussed the concept of realistic Ahsoka and other CW figs with Derryl at SDCC, I used the example of the actress hired to portray Ahsoka at Disney Star Wars Weekends who was standing in the booth near us, her look was "realistic" because she was real but she didn't really look exceptionally interesting or significantly different from the figure we have except in the eyes and maybe fine details. That said, it's reasonable to make a realistic figure of her at some point down the road, maybe by the end of 2010, without jumping on the "she's new!" bandwagon. I am willing to let Hasbro take the risk, one of my absolute favorite figures of the last few years was their Asajj Ventress realistic Clone Wars figure that had no other realistic support, so it's worth a shot, but I doubt Ahsoka would be anywhere near as interesting.

For me, it'll always come down to how cool the toy is and how well it fits in with the feel of Star Wars.

I can help here

swivel shoulders and hips, and ball jointed elbows and torsoThat's incorrect, the shoulders are ball-hinged, and there's a swivel at the top of the elbow.
the figure is very top heavy, and it will need support to stand up for any length of timeDepends on the pose, I suspect, but so far mine has been standing neutral (without the launchers) for a few hours without trouble. The legs seem thin enough that it could develop droop though.
I glued mine to the stand with a drop of glue on the peg and some glue on the other foot as wellWow, that's hard-core! Have you heard of the magnet pegs? You might want to try that instead, then your figures are strongly on the base but still removable.

I think the SBD actually has ball jointed shoulders, but the limited range of motion effectively makes it a swivel joint instead.
The range isn't that limited, his hands can just cross which is quite a bit, he could do a straight-armed 2-fisted lightsaber pose if the concept wasn't so abhorrent. And outwards, his range of fire would be about 30 degrees, not that bad.

Obsession is Nute
10-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Since you brought her up, the Asajj figure from the realistic Clone Wars line in 2003/2004 was a pretty awesome figure, could do lots of fund poses with her.

However, am I the only person that actually finds her to be a really boring character? I am prejudiced, because I have always felt she was a shameless clone of Komari Vosa (Crazy psycho dark jedi b*tch who has two, red curved handled lightsabers and has/had Dooku as a master). Vosa came first and was much more interesting and sinster.

Plus, Vosa kills like one or two jedi in the Clone Wars comics, but generally fails at EVERYTHING she is sent to do, she is just not a compelling villian, she is too incompetent/unskilled to be considered a credible threat/foil to Anakin and Obi-Wan.

TheDarthVader
10-09-2008, 11:48 PM
All I can tell you is that I would buy one if they made one. I like the cartoony one...only clone wars figure that I bought.

Phantom-like Menace
10-10-2008, 06:32 AM
I didn't say Hasbro shouldn't make her, if I'm whom you're referring to. I just said I wouldn't want one, which is the subject of the thread.

Chuxter I think he is refering to me because I came out and said I didnt want her done in the realistic style, however I never mentioned once that any character should or shouldnt be made, after all I want Jaxxon and Amaiza Foxtrain made, and a lot of people hate that idea when you mention it.

I wasn't talking about anyone other than pbarnard. I was commending him, not admonishing anyone else in particular either in this thread or anywhere else.

I just dont think Ahsoka should be made in the True Realistic style, its not the character then, the character was Made in the Likeness she appears, ok let me ask you PLM would you want any of the Main Movie characters to be made into Animated/Realistic, and I am not on about characters already scheduled to appear in the New Clone Wars.

I really can't be concerned with what characters do get made in the animated style as I don't collect them. If I collected the animated style, then I would indeed want the type of characters you describe. If I wanted to display a what-if scenario where Masters Qui-Gon Jinn and Anakin Skywalker assault a Trade Federation position with Anakin's apprentice, Ahsoka, I don't what some toy company conveying through jarring stylistic differences that I can't do that. I don't limit myself in that way and don't like when things outside of my control force those limits.

cookiemonster
10-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Ok I believe you, when you say "I wasnt admonishing anyone" however if you read what you wrote it does come accross differently.

Now you anwsered the question how I thought you would, not interested in seeing Realistic characters done in an Animated Style, and thats fine. And for the same reason's you gave I use them for saying I dont want to see Ahsoka done in Realistic style, because I dont collect Prequel Realistic Figures, I may get them for fodder, but I dont display them as is.

pbarnard
10-10-2008, 11:18 AM
I wasn't talking about anyone other than pbarnard. I was commending him, not admonishing anyone else in particular either in this thread or anywhere else.

Trouble centering around me? :twisted::twisted:

It's not about hating or liking a style, it is about the main line (full disclosure, I have no interest in the animated line; didn't the first time, and I've gotten more selective since). The main line will continue to be realistic. It also will have the EU play a bigger part because it does seem to be doing well. That said, it only makes sense that significant plots, characters and actions deserve to get figures made. Does every EU Imperial villian of the book need to be made? Nope. Do most of the NJO/New Republic Jedi deserve at least 2 versions? (pre-NJO/teens for the solos, and during/post NJO as adults for the solos while the others as pre-Jedi and post Jedi versions) Probably. Will we get at least one? More than likely. Since the Clone Wars is a central plot point should the line devote signifant places in it to all the characters across all the media since it is a book/comic/2 TV show event? Yes. Does every outfit need to be made of all characters in the Clone Wars? No, but it does require choices of iconic central characters. If Anakin and Obi-Wan are the central characters, than those who have the mos contact to them need attention in the main line. Depsite LOATHING HER AS A CHARACTER (but sort of liking the concept), Ashoka should be made.

Ji'dai
10-10-2008, 02:06 PM
I've had an affinity for SW figures done in animated style since I got the DROIDS line in the mid-80s. Ahsoka and R2 are the only figures I've purchased from the current line.

I probably wouldn't buy a realistic version of Ahsoka. With the exception of Yoda & Kybuck, Snowbunny Padme, and the SCUBA Trooper, I passed on all other "realistic" figures from the cartoons.

The animated look makes the figures unique and more likely to earn a coveted spot in my dwindling display space. While nearly all of my prequel figures have gone into storage, I'm still reluctant to bag and box the animated Clone Wars figures from '03. I still enjoy looking at them.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-10-2008, 06:15 PM
The Clone Wars figures nearly killed my intrest in Star Wars, as i don't have the room or the desire to collect anything that doesn't fit my collection...Though i did buy a Battle Droid, Rex, and a Clone Trooper. I would also buy Ashoka as i like her character, and yeah they will make her but i don't suspect that she'll be out until the series has ran it's course. Personally i haven't been very happy with what i bought from the line except for the clones, which would have been really hard to screw up.

Phantom-like Menace
10-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Ok I believe you, when you say "I wasnt admonishing anyone" however if you read what you wrote it does come accross differently.

Okay, so anyway, I'll reiterate again that I just thought a post that sees both sides is both awesome, rare, and appreciated.

Now you anwsered the question how I thought you would, not interested in seeing Realistic characters done in an Animated Style, and thats fine.My answer is that I don't want realistic characters done in animated style? Either you misread what I answered, or I'm misreading this now. Edit: Or possibly I'm misreading your initial question.

bigbarada
10-11-2008, 12:36 AM
I've had an affinity for SW figures done in animated style since I got the DROIDS line in the mid-80s. Ahsoka and R2 are the only figures I've purchased from the current line.

I probably wouldn't buy a realistic version of Ahsoka. With the exception of Yoda & Kybuck, Snowbunny Padme, and the SCUBA Trooper, I passed on all other "realistic" figures from the cartoons.

The animated look makes the figures unique and more likely to earn a coveted spot in my dwindling display space. While nearly all of my prequel figures have gone into storage, I'm still reluctant to bag and box the animated Clone Wars figures from '03. I still enjoy looking at them.

I loved the animated styling of the old Droids and Ewoks figures and I was also a big fan of the old CW animated figures.

As for the new animated CW line, it's actually the only line that I'm actively collecting now. I'm closing the door on realistic styled figures because, with the new Arvel Crynyd and the rumored Kithaba, there's only 2 or 3 more figures that I want from the movies.

So, once I get the new A-Wing, then the rest of my year will be focused solely on the Clone Wars line (with one or two exceptions).

I would actually like to see this animated styling cross over into OT figures.

cookiemonster
10-11-2008, 09:13 AM
My answer is that I don't want realistic characters done in animated style? Either you misread what I answered, or I'm misreading this now. Edit: Or possibly I'm misreading your initial question.

PLM - Nope, thats what I said you do not want Realistic Characters done in Animated Stlye, and my answer for not wanting Animated Style Characters done in Realistic Style is the same as yours but the other way around, I am sorry I more likely didnt explain that good enough the first time, but at least this time hopefully you understand my stand point on this.:thumbsup:

BB - I wouldnt, for one reason I do believe in what I have said, if its Realistic it should be done in Realistic Style, and if its Animated then it should be done in Animated Style. The only characters I would like to see done in a more realistic style is the Marvel Star Wars characters (and then they are half way there, and its more to do with the Coloring). Now if they were to do the Heir to the Empire or something after the 3 OT Movies in Animated Style then I would love that and would agree with you on the matter.

Also I want to see them release the Droids in Animated Styling of today, I would love to get these characters and the ones that didnt make it first time around as well like Admiral Screed and Mungo Baobab, as for the Ewoks let the Galactic Heroes take these and do them that way, as I think these would fit better that way.

Ji'dai
10-11-2008, 11:37 AM
I would actually like to see this animated styling cross over into OT figures. Yeah, you and me both. I'd prefer OT figures done like the vintage DROIDS line rather than the anime-influenced sculpts we've been getting.

Hasbro really missed a great opportunity to do a cartoon accurate sculpt for that Holiday Special Boba Fett last year. That would have made that figure rather special instead of just being another boring repaint.

Phantom-like Menace
10-11-2008, 04:39 PM
PLM - Nope, thats what I said you do not want Realistic Characters done in Animated Stlye, and my answer for not wanting Animated Style Characters done in Realistic Style is the same as yours but the other way around, I am sorry I more likely didnt explain that good enough the first time, but at least this time hopefully you understand my stand point on this.:thumbsup:

But I didn't say I wouldn't want realistic characters done in animated style. I said I don't care, because I don't collect them, but that if I did collect them, I would very much want realistic characters in animated style, because I happily mix and match continuity.

cookiemonster
10-11-2008, 09:32 PM
My answer is that I don't want realistic characters done in animated style? Either you misread what I answered, or I'm misreading this now. Edit: Or possibly I'm misreading your initial question.

Did you write this, if so what do you mean by this below statement.

But I didn't say I wouldn't want realistic characters done in animated style. I said I don't care, because I don't collect them, but that if I did collect them, I would very much want realistic characters in animated style, because I happily mix and match continuity.

Because obviously you did say "My anwser is that I dont want Realistic Characters done in Animated Style", but then you reply by saying "But I didnt say I wouldn't want Realistic Characters done in Animated Style", you never mentioned anything about not caring if they were done in either styles.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Because obviously you did say "My anwser is that I dont want Realistic Characters done in Animated Style", but then you reply by saying "But I didnt say I wouldn't want Realistic Characters done in Animated Style", you never mentioned anything about not caring if they were done in either styles.There was a question mark at the end of the the one statement, so it wasn't really a statement.

Phantom-like Menace
10-11-2008, 11:32 PM
There was a question mark at the end of the the one statement, so it wasn't really a statement.

Thank you. I was asking if that was what my answer was perceived to have been.

Phantom-like Menace
10-11-2008, 11:34 PM
you never mentioned anything about not caring if they were done in either styles.

Sure I did:

I really can't be concerned with what characters do get made in the animated style as I don't collect them. If I collected the animated style, then I would indeed want the type of characters you describe.

Tycho
10-12-2008, 04:00 AM
I am prejudiced, because I have always felt she was a shameless clone of Komari Vosa (Crazy psycho dark jedi b*tch who has two, red curved handled lightsabers and has/had Dooku as a master). Vosa came first and was much more interesting and sinster.

Plus, Vosa kills like one or two jedi in the Clone Wars comics, but generally fails at EVERYTHING she is sent to do, she is just not a compelling villian, she is too incompetent/unskilled to be considered a credible threat/foil to Anakin and Obi-Wan.

When the heck did Komari Vosa appear? I read all the Star Wars comics and could not have missed her. You're totally talking about Asajj Ventress.

cookiemonster
10-12-2008, 08:32 AM
PLM - I have to admit I couldnt remember what you had said, because it seemed it changed that many times, it was hard to keep up with you.

Anycase I see what your saying, and my view point is still, they should keep the Animated Characters in the Animated Style.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-12-2008, 12:26 PM
When the heck did Komari Vosa appear? I read all the Star Wars comics and could not have missed her. You're totally talking about Asajj Ventress.
I'm thinking he must have meant to refer to Ventress in the second paragraph, since that is the one he felt was not as good as Vosa.

Tycho
10-12-2008, 01:54 PM
I've never heard of a Vosa and I read probably 95% of all the EU.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-12-2008, 02:27 PM
I've never heard of a Vosa and I read probably 95% of all the EU.I believe she was in the Bounty Hunter game. According to Wookieepedia she was in:

Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (DataBank) (Mentioned only)
Jango Fett: Open Seasons 3 (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
Jango Fett: Open Seasons 4 (Appears in flashback(s))
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

So she first appeared in a Jango Fett comic. The other two are video games. I haven't read those comics and haven't played Bounty Hunter. I've played Galactic Battlegrounds a little, but don't recall her, but it doesn't sound like she would be too noticeable if she is only mentioned in the databank.

Obsession is Nute
10-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Yah, she is only mentioned in passing in most EU.

Bounty Hunter was the game where she was featured, I thought she was an excellent villian. Again, she came before Ventress, Bounty Hunter was released in 2002, and the first Clone Wars comics and first cartoon were released in 2003.

Bounty Hunter is a great game for anyone who has not played it, I highly reccommend it. It really helps fill in important canon linking episodes 1 and 2, and just general stuff about the galaxy.

Questions like...

Did Count Dooku ever have an apprentice beyond Qui Gon?

How did Dooku choose Jango Fett as the template for the Clone Army?

Whatever happened to Gardulla the Hutt?

How did Jango come to meet "A man called Tyranus on one of the moons of Bodgen"?

How did Jango meet Zam?

Lots of good stuff answered in the game.

Tycho
10-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Figures: I almost NEVER play video games. I did read Jango Fett: Open Seasons, but this character didn't register with me. So therefore can I assume she only appeared in passing?

Obsession is Nute
10-12-2008, 09:38 PM
I always keep an eye out for her in early PT EU, but I have yet to find her. She was at the battle of Gaalidran.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Figures: I almost NEVER play video games. I did read Jango Fett: Open Seasons, but this character didn't register with me. So therefore can I assume she only appeared in passing?
I just looked through it quickly and didn't see her name, but I think she was one of the Jedi with Dooku when they killed the Mandalorians.

Phantom-like Menace
10-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Even Vosa is just a rehash of Episode II concept art. When there was the possibility of Sidious' having a younger apprentice, one idea was to have a female apprentice. Both Vosa and Ventress are directly based on the concept art for this potential Sith.

Obsession is Nute
10-13-2008, 11:10 PM
True, but concept art is just that, concept art. Vosa was the original spawn of the art, even if Ventress bares greater resemblence to the original piece.

They are just so similiar, it annoys the heck out of me. Ventress is like Marcia Brady, everyone pays attention to her, she gets all the exposure, but really, it is Jan that is the entertaining character. IE Vosa.

I would like to throw a football in Ventresses face!

Phantom-like Menace
10-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Well, I picked up my first and probably only Clone Wars figure today. I grabbed Ahsoka.

As some here have mentioned, she doesn't look too bad slipped in with realistic-style figures.

I still want to see a better one in the future. And of course I want to see Rex and Kitt Fisto's apprentice, and any other cool character that might show up later.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-22-2008, 06:22 PM
I found her Saturday. Kohl's had two or three of them and they were 7.99 rather than the regular price they charge of 9.99. I'd definitely be interested in a realistic version if she was less of a stick figure and had decent peg holes in the feet. I guess wearing the backpack makes it harder for the current version to stand alone. Other than that, this figure is all right.

Phantom-like Menace
10-22-2008, 11:25 PM
I guess wearing the backpack makes it harder for the current version to stand alone.

I have no problem standing mine. I stood her on a shelf early this morning, and she was still there this evening when I got up to come to work.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-22-2008, 11:33 PM
I have no problem standing mine. I stood her on a shelf early this morning, and she was still there this evening when I got up to come to work.
Yes, mine hasn't fallen over once I got her hunched over enough to balance right.

Sinscia Fat'o
10-29-2008, 11:36 AM
I seen this figure last night as one of my friends found her and had displayed on his mantle. I was really surprised that this figure looks like it might mingle in well with realistic figures, so i might actually pick her up when i find her.