PDA

View Full Version : Discovering newer shows

sith_killer_99
10-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Well, as most of you know, I left for Afghanistan back in early March 2007 and returned back in late May 2008. I have missed quite a few newer shows, some of the bigger hits made it my way and I was able to download them on limewire (local network).

However, I missed a lot of cool new shows.

My wife got me up to speed on "Burn Notice" and of course I followed:

Terminator: TSCC
Bionic Woman (canceled)
Heroes
Torchwood
Dexter

However, there have been some good shows I missed and I am just now looking into:

Chuck
Life
Pushing Daisies
Shark

My question is, what else have I missed?

Other shows, I'm just getting into:

Life on Mars (BBC looking into the new series haven't seen it yet)
Eleventh Hour (BBC looking into the new series 9 Oct)
Sanctuary

Am I missing anything worth while?

dr_evazan22
10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Take a look at Worst Week. This week is its 3rd ep. I think that if you liked Arrested Development, then you'd like this. I think it's Monday's, CBS, after 2 Men and a Baby.

Darth Jax
10-05-2008, 09:58 PM
watching tv pretty much sucks. i don't think i'm gonna miss it when mine goes black in february.

sorry, can't really help you on what might be watchable these days.

sith_killer_99
10-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Take a look at Worst Week. This week is its 3rd ep. I think that if you liked Arrested Development, then you'd like this. I think it's Monday's, CBS, after 2 Men and a Baby.

I was a huge fan of Arrested Development!:thumbsup:

Rocketboy
10-05-2008, 11:26 PM
2 Men and a Baby.lol, Two and a Half Men.

El Chuxter
10-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Despite what I'm sure everyone thinks, I do try to watch TV.

The only newer shows I'm following are Pushing Daisies (easily the best show on TV currently, and nothing short of a masterpiece) and Jurassic Fight Club. I caught the first episode of Primeval on BBC America and really liked it (I'm a dinosaur nerd of sorts), but have missed every ep since. Hopefully they run a marathon soon. What am I saying? They're BBC America! Of course they'll run a marathon, just as soon as they're done rerunning the same three episodes of Kitchen Nightmares 10,000 times each.

(Speaking of which, I guess I forgot the American version of Kitchen Nightmares. Good show, though not nearly as good as the English version. Well, the English version the first time it's aired.)

Lord Malakite
10-06-2008, 02:30 AM
For me I'd say Fringe is probably the most notable addition for this television season so far. Its like The X-Files meets LOST. Plus you can't beat crazy Walter. He alone is enough reason to watch the show. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
10-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Despite what I'm sure everyone thinks, I do try to watch TV.

The only newer shows I'm following are Pushing Daisies (easily the best show on TV currently, and nothing short of a masterpiece) and Jurassic Fight Club. I caught the first episode of Primeval on BBC America and really liked it (I'm a dinosaur nerd of sorts), but have missed every ep since. Hopefully they run a marathon soon. What am I saying? They're BBC America! Of course they'll run a marathon, just as soon as they're done rerunning the same three episodes of Kitchen Nightmares 10,000 times each.

(Speaking of which, I guess I forgot the American version of Kitchen Nightmares. Good show, though not nearly as good as the English version. Well, the English version the first time it's aired.)

Primeval is a great show, I have watched all the episodes. You should catch it.

JimJamBonds
10-07-2008, 07:34 PM
While not a new show last year I got into the show Bones (currently in its forth season). I also like How I Met Your Mother (season 4 as well), and Chuck (season 2).

UKWildcat
10-07-2008, 11:51 PM
As for brand new shows, I'm loving Fringe and True Blood. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-09-2008, 03:29 AM
Glad you're digging Burn Notice, awesome show.

Shark has been canceled.

The Sarah Silverman Program on Comedy Central started in Feb '07, so you may have caught it. The show is basically a dig at sitcoms, mainly a parody of the family-friendly kind where someone learns a lesson and everybody has a laugh. Sarah plays the most thoughtless, rude, unbelievably horrible person without it coming off that way, it's always got laughs - though sometimes nasty ones.

I just looked through my TV choices for the week, and apparently that's the only one that would fit your timeline. The last 2 seasons have been utterly brutal for new programming.

Take a look at Worst Week. This week is its 3rd ep. I think that if you liked Arrested Development, then you'd like this. I think it's Monday's, CBS, after 2 Men and a Baby.Wow, I would strenuously disagree with that assessment. I found Worst Week to be unwatchably bad, I turned it off in the middle of the first episode, every single situation and joke required the main character to make the wrongest and/or stupidest choices available while still somehow remaining credible as having any status in life. None of the jokes hit, delivery was very sitcomy and nothing like AD.