PDA

View Full Version : Jabba the Hutt Battle Pack.

Battle Droid
10-08-2008, 11:27 AM
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10216230&findingMethod=rr

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Sweet, Hasbro mentioned this a while back. Hopefully it has TC-70 as well.

Beast
10-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Where's the Zero the Hutt Battle Pack?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Where's the Zero the Hutt Battle Pack?
Nowhere, since there's no such character. (It's "Ziro.") ;) :D

Hasbro said he's not planned yet.

Beast
10-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Nowhere, since there's no such character. (It's "Ziro.") ;) :D

Hasbro said he's not planned yet.
Whoops. How embaressing.

DarkJedi5
10-09-2008, 03:07 PM
The page has already been taken down. But I bet it's cause it wasn't supposed to be up yet....

omnithx
10-09-2008, 03:15 PM
So, to anyone who actually got to see the page, which characters does this battle pack contain.

Battle Droid
10-09-2008, 04:08 PM
There was no pic or info.

Ando
10-09-2008, 04:09 PM
No idea. They didn't post any pictures.

JEDIpartner
10-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Whoops. How embaressing.

:shocked:

and for you as well!! It's "embarrassing"!!!!!!

:whip:

Beast
10-09-2008, 06:39 PM
:shocked:

and for you as well!! It's "embarrassing"!!!!!!

:whip:
Kinky!! :D

cookiemonster
10-10-2008, 07:21 AM
lol, ok so we all make spelling mistakes, I am well known for it, seems beast is as well, lol.

I would like to see them make Ziro (I nearly fell into the trap Beast did and put Zero who we all know is the other cousin of Jabba) and it wouldnt be to hard if they get the Animated Jabba the Hutt right, quick repaint add or take away a few details and bingo we have Ziro.:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Not quite . . . the two actually don't look anything alike. Compare Jabba (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/dd/Jabba_22BBY.jpg) and Ziro (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/33/Ziro.jpg).

cookiemonster
10-10-2008, 08:13 PM
I admit when I am wrong and this time I am, on looking at both of them side by side they are 2 different looking characters.:o

DarkArtist
10-17-2008, 02:00 PM
I can actually see Hasbro doing a repaint of Jabba as Ziro though.

bigbarada
10-26-2008, 05:36 PM
I think they are similar enough that Hasbro could get away with it. I would definitely buy an animated style Jabba and I want those Nikto guards as well.

StoneTrooper420
11-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Just like the Twilight Issue, Where is my Jabba and Red C3PO Unit (I forget his #)

They make plenty of other useless Battle Packs, please make the ones the fans want. In fact if there was Jabba and Red Dude Battle Packs, I'd buy 2 one to open and one for storage.

Wheres my Jabba :mad:

jediguy
11-22-2008, 10:18 PM
the Jabba battle pack would be totally awesome if he came with the dais he sits on, his protocol droid and a few guards

probably no chance of the heads of the bounty hunters brought in on the stretcher tho..
oh well

Mad Slanted Powers
11-23-2008, 01:49 AM
the Jabba battle pack would be totally awesome if he came with the dias he sits on
It would be even better if it came with a dais.

DarkArtist
11-23-2008, 03:10 PM
the Jabba battle pack would be totally awesome if he came with the dais he sits on, his protocol droid and a few guards

probably no chance of the heads of the bounty hunters brought in on the stretcher tho..
oh well

would love to see the Nikto guards, the protocol droid and the dais (especially if the dais looked realistic).

the bounty hunter heads would be awesome to have as well

TheRealDubya
11-24-2008, 04:49 PM
I'll buy this for sure. I'll buy anything Jabba-centric. If it includes the dais, I may buy two so I can give my Vintage J-Money some place to park his slimey hull.

Jayspawn
11-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Ok, I missed it, was there a picture?

Battle Droid
11-28-2008, 09:18 AM
No, no pic.

Battle Droid
01-09-2009, 07:43 PM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87782

Star Wars Clone Wars Jabba the Hutt Battle Pack Description:

* Get ready for intense negotiations!
* Based on The Clone Wars movie.
* Includes Hutt, droid, and accessory!

This incredible set derived from The Clone Wars movie includes an animated-style Jabba the Hutt figure, a hookah accessory, and the droid TC-70. Down with the Republic! Up with this!

Ji'dai
01-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Sounds interesting. I wonder if they'll make Ziro? He could be an easy repaint.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Sounds interesting. I wonder if they'll make Ziro? He could be an easy repaint.
I'll refer you to my post earlier in this thread . . .

Not quite . . . the two actually don't look anything alike. Compare Jabba (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/dd/Jabba_22BBY.jpg) and Ziro (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/33/Ziro.jpg).

Anyways, this is awesome! I'm so glad they included TC-70.

Ji'dai
01-12-2009, 08:24 AM
I knew they looked different and had different body shapes, but Hasbro will try to get the most mileage out of the Jabba mold as they can.

I've only seen two episodes from the series. Are Jabba and Ziro only featured in the movie or do they appear in the TV show too?

Bib Un-Fortuna
01-12-2009, 09:45 AM
I knew they looked different and had different body shapes, but Hasbro will try to get the most mileage out of the Jabba mold as they can.

I've only seen two episodes from the series. Are Jabba and Ziro only featured in the movie or do they appear in the TV show too?

Neither one has shown up yet, but I'll wager at least one of them will at some point. Ziro ended up being very popular after the movie, and I don't think they counted on that. Now that they know, they'll write him in somewhere. And you know they will work on getting Jabba & "Stinky" in there for the kiddy factor.

Battle Droid
01-16-2009, 08:43 AM
PICS!

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=257&itemid=11503

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2009, 03:35 PM
AWESOME! :D

It looks like he comes with the 2004 dais, which is fine by me. TC-70 looks great too.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-16-2009, 06:24 PM
AWESOME! :D

It looks like he comes with the 2004 dais, which is fine by me. TC-70 looks great too.
The 2004 one didn't come with a dais, just the same railing with the bowl and pipe. I don't see a dais in this picture either.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Yup, definitely getting Jabba as he look really cool! :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2009, 12:51 AM
The 2004 one didn't come with a dais, just the same railing with the bowl and pipe. I don't see a dais in this picture either.
Oops, yeah, I meant the pipe/rail thing.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Double post and so on.

The main page has a boxed picture of this set (as well as the Yavin one). Jabba's paint looks poorly done and TC-70 is pretty much just the wrong colors. Still, overall, it looks pretty good.

In the other set, Garven Dreis comes with Luke's lightsaber. Sheesh.

Ji'dai
04-01-2009, 03:38 PM
I like the Yavin pack better. Too bad Hasbro just resculpted Jabba's head and stuck it on the old body. The two parts seem incongruous when slapped together like that. Ziro will probably be just a repaint of this Hutt.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2009, 03:55 PM
I like the Yavin pack better. Too bad Hasbro just resculpted Jabba's head and stuck it on the old body. The two parts seem incongruous when slapped together like that. Ziro will probably be just a repaint of this Hutt.
Jabba is a completely new sculpt. You can see the 2004 one here (http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/sw04ultrajabbafront.jpg) and realize they aren't the same. The incongruity is due to the crap paint job, as they seemed to paint him to look better facing forward (a la TPM and ANH), though they should have done it so as to look better in his reclining position (a la ROTJ). While he was seen in both positions in TCW, I would rather they did the reclining one, since he was seen like that more often.

If they do make Ziro, I don't think they'd cheap out that much by repainting Jabba. His face is totally different.

Ji'dai
04-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Alright, I see the difference now. From the way the torso is positioned on the body in those pics, it looked like they just put a new head on the old tail. The link (http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=257&itemid=11503) Battle Droid posted with the pics from Jedi Insider make the pack look a lot better.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Alright, I see the difference now. From the way the torso is positioned on the body in those pics, it looked like they just put a new head on the old tail. The link (http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=257&itemid=11503) Battle Droid posted with the pics from Jedi Insider make the pack look a lot better.
Studio shots making the product look better than it actually is? Why, I never! :p

TheDarthVader
04-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Is it me or does Ziro's voice sound kind of like the big cat's henchman cat (the bum looking one) on rescue rangers?

I like this figure and will be purchasing one. The last star wars purchase I made was just a few days ago. I bought a clone wars count dooku for $4.99 at K-Mart. The figures were on sale...not a bad price! I love the yavin pack as well, but I hope they get rid of that stupid lightsaber for garven. Jeez.

JetsAndHeels
04-24-2009, 05:30 PM
I found it today at Target. I have not opened it yet, but it seems to be a great set.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-24-2009, 10:52 PM
I also saw it but didn't buy it (it was over $26 at that store . . . yikes). He looks a little bit small, but I suppose I could compare him to one of the realistic Jabbas to be sure. Then again, most of the TCW figures have been smaller than their realistic counterparts, so who knows.

DarkArtist
05-01-2009, 10:23 AM
so i picked this up yesterday and i gotta say i actually love the movable mouth on Jabba. the droid is pretty sweet to. really wish hasbro gave us the full dais though since they took out the Nikto Guard orginally planned for the set

JEDIpartner
05-01-2009, 01:42 PM
I am not getting this as I'm not collecting the line, but it looks good-- if not a little small?

TheDarthVader
05-02-2009, 12:46 PM
I am on the fence now about this. I already have the Sideshow Jabba and the Saga Jabba. Why should I get this one? I love the opening mouth feature. Hmmmm. Is it really worth the money?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-02-2009, 02:29 PM
I am on the fence now about this. I already have the Sideshow Jabba and the Saga Jabba. Why should I get this one? I love the opening mouth feature. Hmmmm. Is it really worth the money?
If you like the animated line, and you like Jabba the Hutt, then you will love this. It's one of my favorite recent pieces. He's actually in scale with the TCW line, as I watched the movie last night and he looks correct next to TC-70. He looks pretty great.

Moldy Crow
05-18-2009, 04:59 PM
I have seen this set in a few stores now, it is not selling that well. If it had come with the skiff guard guy, it would have been a hot seller, but the droid is not as cool. I have been trying to find the cheapest price before I get it, it's not a set I worry about missing out on since it's not selling as fast, but I will get it.

El Chuxter
05-18-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't care for the Jabba, but his protocol droid is nifty.

Ji'dai
06-17-2009, 04:33 PM
I opened this today. Broke both of his arms and pulled a hand off getting the worm-ridden filth out of the package. Fortunately they just snap back on.

I had no idea the mouth was movable! That's kinda nifty. I got this pack for $20 and I'm reasonably happy with it. Now I just need to make a space on my CW shelf for him. I hope we get Ziro eventually.

Jedireviewer
07-15-2009, 12:41 PM
i have been waiting for this!

bigbarada
08-27-2009, 11:38 PM
I finally broke down and bought this set today, because I have a feeling I'll regret passing it up whenever that Nikto guard is released. I'm actually glad that the Nikto guard got pulled out of the set, because this way I can buy more than one.

The droid got kind of warped and bent up by the packaging, but it's not a big deal because he just looks like Jabba's being beating up on him a bit.

I do like the Jabba a lot. Easily the best sculpt of Jabba since 1983. The movable mouth was kind of a cool surprise, but I'm a little worried that the soft rubber is going to start to crack over time.

My only complaint is the packaging and the rubberband overkill. I thought I was going to rip the figure apart getting it out of the package.

TheRupert
08-28-2009, 12:21 AM
These are all over in SoCal. I should probably pick one up...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Looks like we could finally be getting the Nikto Gunner (http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15414) that was dropped from this set as a TRU exclusive. The picture is just an unpainted prototype, but I bet they'll carry it through. I like his Giran-esque hood.

El Chuxter
03-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Darth Vader would like to say something about such a potentially popular figure being an exclusive:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Right, because 1) the Nikto from Legacy Collection sold so fantastically and 2) you give a crap about this line. :p

El Chuxter
03-02-2010, 07:57 PM
What, you won't let me have a little fun? (The Jabba set, realistically, probably would've sold better with a Nikto, but the Nikto won't do well on its own.)

I do give a crap about the Clone Wars line. If everyone else realizes how much it stinks, it'll stop selling, and the "real" Star Wars toys will die out. :p

Old Fossil
03-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah, that hood could make for some good customizing material for the real action figure line.

DarkArtist
03-04-2010, 02:51 PM
on the fence with this figure...while he wouold have been cool to get with the battlepack...he really doesn't scream I'm awesome enough to justify buying him if he eventually comes out... also not liking this whole card game thing Hasbro has going with the recent figures of Spiderman, Iron Man and now Star Wars...would rather a BAD piece or even those mini holo's or the coins again.