View Full Version : What Star Wars Actors Have You Met?
02-18-2002, 12:44 PM
Which Star Wars actors have you guys met? What did you think of them?
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) I thought he was pretty cool. He was more than happy to sign a few action figures for me and he talked with me about how hot is was wearing the costume in Tunisia for ROTJ. Nice guy!
- Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) He signed a picture from ROTJ for me and a few figures and talked all about the scene from the picture. We took a few pictures together and was a real Gentlemen.
- Kenny Baker (R2-D2) Kenny was a nice guy but was very quiet. He was happy to sign a picture for me and take a few pictures.
- Warwick Davis (Wicket) I mew Warwick at the 1st Celebration backstage and he signed a poster for me and we talked about Leprechaun movies, haha. He was pretty cool.
- Richard LeParmitier (Admiral Motti) Richard was totally cool. He signed a picture and we talked about Carrie Fisher and Peter Cushing and the HUGE shortage of Motti figures. Our conversation was about 20 minuets. Such a nice guy.
- Hugh Quarshie (Captain Panaka) I never actually met him. But we stood next to eachother at Celebration I for about a half an hour. I knew he was there somewhere but he looked NOTHING like Captain Panaka. It was only when he was leaving did somebody say his name and I realized who it was.
- Ahmed Best (Jar Jar Binks) Ahmed was cool. He is a cool guy. He signed a poster for me and we talked a little about theatre. If there was a party, Ahmed would be the center of attention. He sounds a little like Jar Jar.
- Pernilla August (Shmi Skywalker) I didn't know what to expect from meeting Anakin's Mom. She was quiet and seemed really down to earth. he reminded me a lot like my own Mom. She signed a poster, and gave me a hug afterwards. Nice lady!
02-18-2002, 01:06 PM
Met David Prowse at a convention in Charlotte.
He is sort of the gentle giant type. A huge, tall guy but very kind and softspoken. He signed a pic for me and also took a snapshot with me too. Great guy.
02-18-2002, 01:50 PM
The only star wars actors I've ever meet was last weekend in Florida was Jeremy Bulloch. He seemed cool enought.
02-18-2002, 02:38 PM
David Prowse (Darth Vader) - Too young to remember.
Anthony Daniels (C-3P0) - Funny. A nice guy. Took a picture with him.
Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) - Seemed introverted. Wild hair.
Warwick Davis (Wicket) - Very nice. Pleasant. He had his family with him. His kids are adorable.
Maria DeAragon (Greedo) - Quiet. Didn't say much.
Paul Blake (Greedo) - Outgoing. Gave me the whole story as to why there are two people who played Greedo.
Mike Edmonds (Logray and Jabba's tail) - Funny, great guy. Like to talk to you.
Michonne Bourigonne (Aurra Sing) - Hot, Hot, Hot. Nice and friendly.
Richard LeParmentier (Admiral Motti) - Nice and friendly.
Angus MacInnes (Dutch Rogue Leader) - Hilarious. Very friendly.
Mike Quinn (Nien Numb) - Nice guy. Talked to me about puppeteering.
Michael Sheard (Admiral Ozzel) - Very outgoing. Nice to talk to.
Femi Taylor (Oola) - Quiet.
Mercedes Ngoh (Rystall Jabba's Dancer Special Edition) - Nice.
Kennteh Colley (Captain Piett) - A little quiet. Nice guy.
Bill Hootkins (Jek Porkins) - Hilarious. Has a ton of stories and doesn't mind taking the time to tell you about them.
Garrick Hagon (Biggs Darklighter) - A great guy. Funny.
I think that it is.
02-18-2002, 03:24 PM
Well let me see.......where should I start......Hmm......
I have never met any of them, I guess they don't get out to Seattle much. Peter Mayhew was here a month ago but in a bar and I am too young to go into one...sigh.........Maybe someday......
02-18-2002, 04:04 PM
At C2 I met Ahmed Best, Pernilla August, Hugh Quarshie and Ray Park. They were all pretty down to earth, but Hugh seemed a little distant (not friendly).
When I was 10, after Empire came out, my Big Brother took me to see Darth Vader at a local deptartment store. We were standing right on the aisle and as DV passed my BB reached out and touched him. DV turned and glared at us/him. I remeber that I cowered away from him in fear. It gives me a good laugh today!
02-19-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
Michonne Bourigonne (Aurra Sing) - Hot, Hot, Hot. Nice and friendly.
Richard LeParmentier (Admiral Motti) - Nice and friendly.Poor Motti, he's not "hot hot hot". :D
02-19-2002, 12:15 AM
He might be if you're in to older me.:D
02-19-2002, 12:16 AM
Sorry supposed to be "men", not me.:eek: :D
02-19-2002, 01:32 AM
Just the old ususal David Prowse. He was at the DragonCon convention here in Atlanta a few years ago. I worked for the company that set up the show. I said "How's it going", shook his hand, and said "Luke...I am your father". He spit on me and punched me in my face and said "Don't say that again, man".
Ok..actually, I just shook his hand.
But afterwards, long after all the people had left....we had finished breaking down the show and I went to the hotel bar. Well, there was Darth Vader himself getting plowed talking to three women at his table. There was a young oriental girl in his lap. I kept elbowing my friend whispering, "Dude, look at him. That's Darth Vader....scammin' on those chicks.....that's killer". He was like, "No man...it's the actor who PLAYED Darth Vader....there is no Darth Vader...you're such a Star Wars nerd".........pfffft, some people just don't get the point.....Vader the Player......true story.
Jek Porky 2002
02-19-2002, 04:07 AM
I've not met him personally but my Uncle met Mark Hamill and I have his autograph personally made out to me on the back of an Empire Strikes Back Post card
02-19-2002, 07:25 AM
None. The closest I've got to anyone famous was my dad seeing and talking to Neil Armstrong on several occasions at work (Neil was one of heads at Cincinnati Milacron before he retired about two years ago) and that I'm related from my dad's side of the family to the Wright Brothers.
02-24-2002, 06:28 AM
I've met Kenny Baker along with my son at a local comic book shop.
We were first in line to have some carded figures signed. We were crowded out by a local TV reporter doing a live remote. Kenny made up for the intrusion and spent a few extra minutes with us just chatting. He was very charming and quite humorous. We were able to talk to him again about thirty minutes later and he still remembered out names! Impressive. Most impressive :happy:
02-24-2002, 07:08 AM
I met Carrie Fisher in the slave outfit and gave her a big hug. Then I woke up and found myself hugging my pillow.:(
I never get out.
02-24-2002, 04:19 PM
A list of adjectives:
We at SSG are all of those and more! :D
I have one tale, plus a not-so-really appropriate one. I walked past Kenny Baker at the 2001 ComicCon in San Diego. I had to do a double take to realize it was him. Never got to say a thing. :(
I got to meet a musical artist (who I shall call "Al Buquerque" :p)who did a SW-themed song (2, in fact). He signed my cassette cover of one of his albums, "In 3-D," and I told him we share the same birthdate (October 23). I feel goofy still to this day. But that fits his persona, I think. :rolleyes:
02-25-2002, 06:28 AM
He's not goofy. After all, he had his 'tray table up and his seat set in the upright position'. ;)
That sounds normal to me, not 'goofy'.:happy:
02-25-2002, 09:02 PM
man I thought I was the ultimate starwars fan :(
I haven't met a single one!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.