PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Select 1/4 scale figures

DarkArtist
10-13-2008, 08:34 AM
not sure if this is the right place for this so moderators feel free to move to the right section.

soes anyone know what this line is all about. saw an Obi Wan Kenobi figure listed at RebelScum.com but just wondering if this is a new scale for the figures or is it a new line of 12" scale figures ?

any help would be great - so far all I see is a prototype for a Darth Maul package and a prototype for Obi Wan (which looks really good).

I can't imagine it's another 12" line since we have Sideshow and the line with Hasbro fell apart.

bigbarada
10-13-2008, 08:48 AM
12" figures are actually 1/6 scale, so these new figures will be larger. About 18" I believe, similar to Sideshow's Premium Format figures, but they're actually articulated.

Personally, I have zero interest in the line unless we start seeing more than just the standard main characters.

JediTricks
10-16-2008, 01:34 AM
18" is indeed 1/4 scale, which these are.

I saw Obi-Wan, Han Hoth and Darth Maul at Comic-Con, and they left me feeling mixed. The scale is too big for collectors IMO, it's the same scale as Sideshow Premium Format but without that level of quality, and nobody has anyplace to put a bunch of these. The sculpts, deco, accessories and costumes are a cross between Sideshow and Hasbro, siding slightly towards Hasbro lesser quality. Very Hasbro on the saber blades, thick and cheap-looking.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5711

Ultimately, I think the electronics are going to be a swing in this, and I doubt they're gonna be a huge wow so these will have a short life.