PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man 2 casting news! New War Machine?!?!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-14-2008, 09:03 AM
The screenplay is still being written, but Hollywood reporter is.........reporting that Howard is out as he wants too much money and he's been replaced with Don Cheadle. source. (http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=7729)

I don't know how I feel about this. I like Howard and Cheadle, they're both great actors, but recasting in a franchise just irritates me. We'll see if this is legit and if it happens.

oh, and i'll edit the title of the thread when we get trailers and stuff. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
10-14-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm highly skeptical. I believe they went the typical Hollywood route and signed the main cast to a three picture deal.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-14-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm highly skeptical. I believe they went the typical Hollywood route and signed the main cast to a three picture deal.

True, same with director Jon Favreau, but since the first one made so much $$$, Jon wanted more $$ and Marvel low balled him for a bit before coming to their senses. They probably did the same with Howard although I did hear his asking price is pretty ridiculous.

Rocketboy
10-14-2008, 09:43 AM
All the movie sites seem to be running with it.
I still want to chalk it up to rumor since, even though I don't like Terrence Howard, I hate when they recast like this (Rachel Dawes in The Dark Knight being the exception).

El Chuxter
10-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Don Cheadle would be a very small Rhodey.

JediTricks
10-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Don Cheadle would be a very small Rhodey.
That's what I felt, small in stature and in personality, it wouldn't be a good fit, and he seems like the wrong age.

I think Don's a very good actor, but this isn't the part for him. Also, I can't imagine a rather big name movie star wanting LESS money here.

Rocketboy
10-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Terrence Howard: WTF? (http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/10/18/terence-howard-surprised-by-iron-man-2-recasting/)

Last week it was reported that Don Cheadle had been signed to replace Terence Howard in Iron Man 2. Initial speculation was that Marvel had a falling out with the actor over salary requirements. When asked about the announcement on NPR (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95833828), Howard explains his confusion over the entire situation.

“Yeah, I found that out, too,” said Howard. “It was the surprise of a lifetime. There was no explanation. Just…up and vanished. I read something in the trades implicating that it was about money or something. But apparently the contracts that we write and sign aren’t worth the paper that they’re printed on, sometimes. Promises aren’t kept, and good faith negotiations aren’t always held up. Even friendships, people you support…”

JediTricks
10-20-2008, 03:11 PM
If I were his agent, I'd be super mad. I wonder what the real story here is, I guarantee we're not hearing it from either side.

DarthNihilus
10-20-2008, 03:28 PM
That's pretty crazy... I thought he was a good casting choice for Iron Man. I like Don Cheadle too much to complain though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-07-2009, 08:23 PM
SHH is reporting that Mickey Rourke and Sam Rockwell are in talks for IM2!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=7965

thoughts?

Beast
01-07-2009, 09:32 PM
I hope they're not going to go too crazy with the villains and cameos.

We've had rumors of Crimson Dynamo.
Now we have news of Whiplash and Justin Hammer.

And then the grapevine about Black Widow and Hawkeye.

preacher
01-08-2009, 10:33 PM
I was watching Iron Man over X-Mas and noticed two things. Maybe its been mentioned before, but did anyone else catch that the name of the terroritst organization is the Ten Rings?

AND

The lead terrorist is wearing a massively oversized ring?

Why is this significant? Well, Mandarin, who is Iron Man's arch nemesis wears Ten Oversized Rings! In a way Mandarin was in the movie.

Tony didn't die from that sonic stunner that was used against him. And the same thing was used against the lead terrorist. So he probably isn't dead either.

Maybe the lead terrorist will come back for the second movie with all Ten Rings collected from the other fallen terrorist generals and become the Mandarin. Its a stretch, but entirely feasible.

Rocketboy
01-08-2009, 11:33 PM
I was watching Iron Man over X-Mas and noticed two things. Maybe its been mentioned before, but did anyone else catch that the name of the terroritst organization is the Ten Rings?

AND

The lead terrorist is wearing a massively oversized ring?

Why is this significant? Well, Mandarin, who is Iron Man's arch nemesis wears Ten Oversized Rings! In a way Mandarin was in the movie.Totally intentional, in a hint to the future of the series.

Beast
01-09-2009, 10:39 AM
But the lead terrorist isn't the Mandarin. At least according to the director. However, he is one of his 10 Generals.

They've already said that Mandarin will be a presence in the films, but not really featured until Iron Man 3. The director even noted that they're playing him like The Emperor in the Original Trilogy. Where he's only refrenced in Iron Man 1, Makes a small cameo appearance in Iron Man 2, and is the Main Villain in Iron Man 3.

Sadly the Director doesn't think anyone will by a guy with Magic Rings. So not sure how that is going to work. Probably some technological equivelent. It is funny that we basically had The Mandarin in Mummy 3.

JediTricks
01-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Maybe its been mentioned before, but did anyone else catch that the name of the terroritst organization is the Ten Rings?Yes, I did.

AND

The lead terrorist is wearing a massively oversized ring?No, I didn't.

Tony didn't die from that sonic stunner that was used against him. And the same thing was used against the lead terrorist. So he probably isn't dead either.We're given indication that they executed him though.

preacher
01-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Sadly the Director doesn't think anyone will by a guy with Magic Rings. So not sure how that is going to work. Probably some technological equivelent. It is funny that we basically had The Mandarin in Mummy 3.

I can see he's point, but if there is going to be a Thor movie, and then an Avenger's movie with Thor and Ironman in a team up with Captain America and whoever else, I think the director needs to not worry about magic so much. I mean is Thor going to have a technological equivalent of, um, everything that makes Thor Thor?

I think it would be a refreshing change to have a magic-bearer in the mix. If each Ironman movie is about the next guy in another suit of iron the franchise is going to get very old.

El Chuxter
01-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I think they should just pass on Thor altogether. When you list the great comic stories, there are none featuring Thor in an important role on the list. He's boring and silly. The idea is good, but why the hell does a NORSE god talk in Early Modern English?

JediTricks
01-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Mjolnir is a universal translator.

I love how you single out the least-important part of the whole thing to point out how silly the Norse version of Captain Marvel is. :p He's a god, he can do whatever he wants with language. Plus, he's trapped in the body/brain of an American guy.

El Chuxter
01-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Then why not speak modern English?

I know it's not an important aspect of his character, but the guy always talks like that, and it's tough to get past everything else about him when you have a stumbling block like that in every speech bubble.

Rocketboy
01-12-2009, 11:27 AM

I know it's not an important aspect of his character, but the guy always talks like that, and it's tough to get past everything else about him when you have a stumbling block like that in every speech bubble.Because its fun to say words like "doth," "yon" and "verily!"

JediTricks
01-12-2009, 02:52 PM

I know it's not an important aspect of his character, but the guy always talks like that, and it's tough to get past everything else about him when you have a stumbling block like that in every speech bubble.
It's his mind, it's how he speaks. Why does someone say "pop" while another says "soda"? "Cart" vs. "basket"? It's just about personal styles. That's why your kids say stuff like "lawlz" and you don't, yet nobody singles you out for being a weirdo. :p

jonthejedi
02-27-2009, 03:12 AM
It's official...after a short "it's not looking too good" period(maybe having to do with money): Samuel L. Jackson WILL play Nick Fury in Iron Man 2, Thor & perhaps 7 other movies.

Rocketboy
02-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Mickey Rourke will also be in Iron Man 2
No, he won't.
Yes, he will.
No.
Yes.
No.
Yes.
No.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-27-2009, 10:50 AM
I went ahead and merged your two posts with the older IM2 thread. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-01-2009, 02:46 AM
It's official, I don't give a crap whether Mickey Rourke's in ANYTHING. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Rourke has signed on to IM 2!
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=8159

according to latino review, Scarlett Johansen (sp?) has signed on to play Black Widow.

:thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Ugh, no! I like Scarlett, but she's a terrible actor for "big" roles, the kind that you need for action films. She does great playing "close", but anything else she's just monotone. And she comes off like a kid too often (since she all but is one). Plus, on a sexist fanboy slant, she's also lost some of her curves dieting down lately, and that costume deserves... more.

jonthejedi
03-13-2009, 04:47 AM
I saw also "Rhodey" has been recast from Terrance Howard to Don Cheadle.

preacher
03-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Ugh, no! I like Scarlett, but she's a terrible actor for "big" roles, the kind that you need for action films. She does great playing "close", but anything else she's just monotone. And she comes off like a kid too often (since she all but is one). Plus, on a sexist fanboy slant, she's also lost some of her curves dieting down lately, and that costume deserves... more.

I was thinking the same thing of Robert Downey Jr playing Iron Man when it was announced he'd be playing Tony Stark. Just couldn't imagine him in playing a supero hero. But that worked out pretty well.

JediTricks
03-13-2009, 05:24 PM
I was thinking the same thing of Robert Downey Jr playing Iron Man when it was announced he'd be playing Tony Stark. Just couldn't imagine him in playing a supero hero. But that worked out pretty well.
I didn't feel that way about RDJ, I thought it could work, and then we saw that first photo of him with the anvil working on the mk 1 armor, and it felt perfect. Plus, RDJ has vast range, the only thing "close" about his acting style is his actual voice, but he projects well enough to get past that. I hope I'm wrong about Ms. Scarlett, but I'm not counting on it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Set pics of Downey and Jackson!

http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/onlocationnews/gallery/2009-05-06-Iron-Man-2/G000016NksWt.hMo/

:thumbsup:

JediTricks
05-08-2009, 05:42 PM
No, don't do it RDJ! Randy's Donuts are nasty and the place has roaches! :p (I used to live right by there, it's by LAX.)

Looks like the upper body of the suit has been changed a bit, that's cool. I wonder if those uncovered spots with the bands means that those portions will be CGI'ed into the scene later tho.

Beast
06-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Here's the first pic of Mickey Rourke as Whiplash.

I'm having some dread for the film now. We'll see. :)

El Chuxter
06-09-2009, 08:17 PM
I feared a second sequel might dip too far into Iron Man's rather embarassingly goofy Rogue's Gallery, but thought there'd be at least one good follow-up with no bottom feeders. Couldn't they have at least dusted off Mandarin? Even throwing Fin Fang Foom wouldn't have been too bad; no matter how far fetched the idea is, at least it would look hella cool.

Whiplash. Ugh.

Part of the reason I've never liked Iron Man aside from the film is how plain-old stupid his villains are.

bigbarada
06-09-2009, 08:20 PM
I feared a second sequel might dip too far into Iron Man's rather embarassingly goofy Rogue's Gallery, but thought there'd be at least one good follow-up with no bottom feeders. Couldn't they have at least dusted off Mandarin? Even throwing Fin Fang Foom wouldn't have been too bad; no matter how far fetched the idea is, at least it would look hella cool.

Whiplash. Ugh.

Part of the reason I've never liked Iron Man aside from the film is how plain-old stupid his villains are.

I agree, Iron Man's real strength is being part of the Avengers. He's never been that exciting of a hero on his own.

Rocketboy
06-09-2009, 10:08 PM
I never liked Iron Man because it was...well, Iron Man.
Favreau and Downey Jr. made him into a likable character. I don't see why they can't make a craptastic villain like Whiplash at least somewhat interesting.

JediTricks
06-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Here's the first pic of Mickey Rourke as Whiplash.

I'm having some dread for the film now. We'll see. :)
You sure that's not just Mickey Rourke out on a Saturday night?

El Chuxter
06-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Iron Man is a pompous arse and a womanizer who's always had everything handed to him on a silver plate, but has a heart of gold and wants to do good. He has this amazing suit of armor, but it's keeping him alive, so he can't take it entirely off. He's an alcoholic and remarkably self-destructive, but has folks like Pepper Potts to keep him on the path he knows he should be on.

His archenemy is an insane Chinese warlord with amazing magical powers and a habit of summoning a giant dragon from the ocean to wreak havoc. He's an Avenger, and has saved the world many times over. And he changes costumes long enough to provide license holders with enough resculpts to never duplicate a look between now and doomsday.

The only real mystery is why Favreau and Downey were the first people to make him not suck. Even Stan Lee couldn't make him not suck, and he created him!

Rocketboy
12-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Trailer time! (http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/)

bigbarada
12-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Looks pretty good. It's going to be interesting to see how far they take the whole superstar-superhero idea. I'm pretty sure that's never really been done in the movies.

Still not entirely sold on Whiplash's look; but am willing to reserve final judgement until after I see the movie.

Rocketboy
12-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Looks pretty good. It's going to be interesting to see how far they take the whole superstar-superhero idea. I'm pretty sure that's never really been done in the movies.Both Spider-man and the Fantastic Four were really popular celebrities in their films.
Spidey got the key to the city in Spider-man 3 and the Invisible Woman got chased down the street by fans in one of the FF movies.

bigbarada
12-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Both Spider-man and the Fantastic Four were really popular celebrities in their films.
Spidey got the key to the city in Spider-man 3 and the Invisible Woman got chased down the street by fans in one of the FF movies.

I guess I didn't consider Spider-Man because he still protected his secret identity in all three films. I did forget about the Fantastic Four; but those were pretty forgettable films.

Anyways, it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out with a superhero who not only seems to enjoy the spotlight but actually does more self-promotion than anything else.

El Chuxter
12-17-2009, 01:40 PM
GARRY SHANDLING!!!!!

This just became destined to be the best superhero flick of all time. OF. ALL. TIME!

Ando
12-17-2009, 01:59 PM
GARRY SHANDLING!!!!!

This just became destined to be the best superhero flick of all time. OF. ALL. TIME!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0788009/ (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0788009/)

Awesome!

I still laugh when I think about his appearance at the beginning of Jerry Seinfeld's HBO special in 1998/99 "I'm Telling You For the Last Time" when he tried to fish one of Jerry's jokes out of the coffin as they were holding a service for all of Jerry's old material.

Ando
12-17-2009, 02:09 PM
And here's the trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/ (http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/)

Bel-Cam Jos
12-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Chux, can I post a comment about loving AOTC here? :rolleyes:

I wonder when the super hero film run will finally run out. I sure hope it's a loooooooong time from now, as they've been pretty darn good in recent years.

bigbarada
12-17-2009, 05:36 PM
I wonder when the super hero film run will finally run out. I sure hope it's a loooooooong time from now, as they've been pretty darn good in recent years.

Yeah, I hope we can get through at least 2 Avengers movies and maybe 2 or 3 individual films about Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

I'm also hoping that the rumors of an X-Men: First Class movie, focusing on the original 5 X-Men, pan out. But I would prefer that to be a reboot, so we could completely toss out the current X-Men film continuity.

As long as the superhero craze lasts long enough for those films to be made, then I'll be happy.

El Chuxter
12-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Bryan Singer has supposedly said he's been approached about X-Men 4. I'd hope the previous movie (and maybe Wolverine) turn out to be dreams, if that's the case. X-Men was excellent. X2 was better. If X3 were dog food, I wouldn't throw it out with the regular trash because it might kill the rats in the dump in an inhumanely painful fashion.

bigbarada
12-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Bryan Singer has supposedly said he's been approached about X-Men 4. I'd hope the previous movie (and maybe Wolverine) turn out to be dreams, if that's the case. X-Men was excellent. X2 was better. If X3 were dog food, I wouldn't throw it out with the regular trash because it might kill the rats in the dump in an inhumanely painful fashion.

X3 has to be one of the worst films of all time. Just a complete butchering of one of the greatest comic book events in history (The Dark Phoenix Saga, of course).

I would just prefer a complete reboot, similar to how we're all pretending that that the Ang Lee Hulk never happened (even though I actually liked that movie better than the new version).

Rocketboy
12-17-2009, 10:08 PM
And here's the trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/ (http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/)I posted it in this very thread yesterday.

Bryan Singer just announced he signed to do the new X-Men flick. (http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/16/bryan-singer-i-just-signed-a-deal-to-do-an-x-men-first-class-origins-picture/)

Iím prepping up to do a movie (http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/16/bryan-singer-i-just-signed-a-deal-to-do-an-x-men-first-class-origins-picture/#) called Jack the Giant Killer [at] Warner Brothers, and I just yesterday signed a deal to do an X-Men First Class Origins picture, which is kind of cool.

bigbarada
12-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Well, it's nice to know that the First Class thing is not just a rumor, but I am worried now that I know Singer is involved. THere's really no way they can make it about the original 5 X-Men with the current movie continuity. So it either has to be a reboot or they find replacements for Angel and Iceman. Also Cyclops would need to be significantly younger than Jean Grey. :upset:

Well, here hoping they recast all the roles and we get to see Beast pre-fur.

Rocketboy
12-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Well, it's nice to know that the First Class thing is not just a rumor, but I am worried now that I know Singer is involved. THere's really no way they can make it about the original 5 X-Men with the current movie continuity. So it either has to be a reboot or they find replacements for Angel and Iceman. Also Cyclops would need to be significantly younger than Jean Grey. :upset:

Well, here hoping they recast all the roles and we get to see Beast pre-fur.If it's set in X-movie continuity, then Storm will more than likely take the place of Iceman or Angel.
And I'm sure they'll find a way to squeeze Wolverine in there somewhere.

JediTricks
03-08-2010, 04:00 AM
So, I flipped the DVR over to ch 7 tonight for no reason a while after the Oscars, and there's RDJ talking with Jimmy Kimmel, and within a minute Kimmel announces they're premiering the new IM2 trailer, you can see it here as well: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44197
Anyway, it was pretty wild, but IMO it felt like this show was going way off the rails. Tony Stark is now a rockstar complete with Vegas show? And I hadn't realized Sam Rockwell was in this and playing another cliche Sam Rockwell character. I had realized how little I was going to like Cheadle as Rhodey, but seeing the War Machine armor going was badass. The suitcase armor at the end was almost too much for me to buy. I really hope this holds with the quality of the first film.

JetsAndHeels
03-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Loved that trailer. To me, the suitcase armor is freakin sweet. I am pleasantly surprised to see that the Mark V suit is going to be in the film.

I need to see this movie NOW.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-08-2010, 11:21 AM
yeah, this trailer was really flippin' fantastic!!! I can't wait. And I love ScarJo (don't know how to spell her real name, sorry) as well. She was lookin' tasty! :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Wow, that looks awesome! :eek:

El Chuxter
03-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Oh man, this looks so stupid. I can't believe they threw in all that dumb stuff. Man, this is going to suck. I'm never going to see this; I would rather eat a goat fetus directly from its mother's womb before subjecting my eyes to this torture.

(Hopefully that worked, and I can have the theater all to myself.)
:D

JediTricks
03-08-2010, 02:59 PM
I am pleasantly surprised to see that the Mark V suit is going to be in the film.Wouldn't it be more aligned with the Silver Centurion armor?

Oh man, this looks so stupid. I can't believe they threw in all that dumb stuff. Man, this is going to suck. I'm never going to see this; I would rather eat a goat fetus directly from its mother's womb before subjecting my eyes to this torture.

(Hopefully that worked, and I can have the theater all to myself.)
:DYes, it worked. If you live in Tierra Del Fuego. Just you and some penguins.

DarthQuack
05-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Saw this last night at a midnight.

I enjoyed it quite a bit....Scarlett was :yes: mmmmmm delicious. Cheadle I thought did a good job.....wished the fight with Whiplash was longer, but I'll take it, and the fighting against the drones was pretty good. Anyone else see it yet?

El Chuxter
05-07-2010, 04:33 PM
I loved it up until the Deadpool cameo, which was totally pointless. I really couldn't watch after that.

DarthQuack
05-07-2010, 07:14 PM
I loved it up until the Deadpool cameo, which was totally pointless. I really couldn't watch after that.

That was alright, I enjoyed the scene after the credits even more.

LTBasker
05-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Freaking awesome. I don't understand the bad reviews, unless they hate the darker mood of Tony.

Maradona
05-09-2010, 09:21 PM
I enjoyed the film. Some moments were better than others. Mickey Rourke brought across his character well, as did the bulk of the cast. The exception for me was Samuel Jackson. He didn't sell any of his scenes for me. It felt as if he came on the set, read his lines, and left with a check. This man has delivered some of the best dialogue in film over the past two decades. I have a recording of him reading Bible passages: amazing. But as Nick Fury in this film, he did not wow me.

Minor spoiler: did anyone else think the hammer at the end of the credits looked a bit hokey? It was cool as a concept, but a bit more care in the craftmanship of it would have made it more realistic. I liked the build up to what was in the desert, I thought it might be the Hulk given it was New Mexico. That and the rubber suit in the released picture from the film do make me wonder what we're getting next summer. I suppose we'll know more come SDCC.

jedibear
05-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Well, I went to this movie having VERY low expectations...thought the first one was just okay, mostly due to Downey Jr.'s perfectly fitting the role so well....

IM2 surprised me. I actually liked it a lot....maybe even better than the first one. Like with most "professional" reviews and some of the posts on various boards, I'm left wondering if we all saw the same movie.

Were there issues? A few...it did seem a little choppy, like there might be a longer cut of it...and the Nick Fury/SHIELD stuff did seem a little shoehorned in. It also seemed a shame to have someone with such physical presence like Mickey Rourke stuck behind a keyboard for a chunk of the last half...but I also appreciated the short approach to the final suit-to-suit showdown between Stark, Roadie and Venko. It didn't go on too long or seem too preposterous. I also thought there was just enough of the "Natalie" character...interesting that she was never referred to as "Black Widow" on screen.

The only real brush with an unintended laugh or groan-inducing moment was the "solution" to Stark's health issue...the funniest bit of tech since unobtainium in "Avatar"....but it did work.

I never once looked at the clock to see how much was left...despite it's choppy feel, it held my interest. The humor was fun and not forced or inappropriate. The effects were decent (especially the flying stuff...looked much better this time around). The cast was close to perfect for this....everyone bringing their best to it. And nothing against Terrence Howard, but I do buy Cheadle as a military man a little more than I did him.

I did miss Ramin Djawadi's contribution...his score for the first film had just the right touch of rock n' roll cheese to it to add to the fun and sound distinct....Debney's effort was just a little overwrought and pedestrian, especially that opening theme...can someone send the now much overused choirs heard in most music scores these days packing for a while please?

IM2 is more a continuation of the story started in the first movie...a good balance of advancing the story and the characters while offering up the requisite big bangs expected of franchise fun like this.

I'm no comic expert, I don't know the finer nuances and elements of the ongoing comic....I just know that as a movie series, "Iron Man" is working quite well for this moviegoer looking for a good time. I didn't catch the post credit scene everyone's mentioning or the Deadpool cameo...but I do plan on seeing this again so I'll keep my eye out for them...

Well done, Favreau and crew! Now you're stuck with the real franchise curse....coming up with a real worthy chapter three...a challenge that many decent movie series has tripped on. Here's hoping they don't!

Bel-Cam Jos
05-14-2010, 06:11 PM
I liked the storyline parts just as much as the action scenes (which is a pretty good kudo for a super hero flick). Loved the suitcase feature, even if it reminded me of every time Voltron formed:

"And I'll form... the elbow. While I'll form, the left big toe..." as the villian waits for the robot to come together, instead of just blasting it in mid-formation.

Really liked the super-explosive that Machina del Guerra fired at WL.

Tycho
06-06-2010, 12:29 PM
I haven't read others' comments yet. That's next.

I just saw this movie last night.

I really enjoyed the story up to the point of the big climatic battle.

That was OK and decently done effects-wise, but it wasn't terribly emotional for me until he had to rescue Pepper (which was done almost like an afterthought).

Anyway, when the big battle started was when I found the movie to be just "typical."