PDA

View Full Version : Chuck

Pages : 1 [2] 3

JimJamBonds
10-29-2009, 12:20 PM
I just worked the Google machine on the Interweb and I found that apparently NBC ordered 6 more episodes for this coming season which will bring the total up to 19. No word on if the show will come back sooner then the March date.

JEDIpartner
10-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Read that the show will return in January as NBC is having a lot of problems. They have cancelled so many shows that they have nothing left to throw at the schedule to replace them. Chuck is the only show that has episodes filmed. Even the mid-season replacements are just starting to go into production.

As expected, Jay Leno's numbers are free-falling. Even though the show doesn't cost much to produce, they are unable to generate enough revenue to support the show with their current complement of advertisers. Good job, third-place network!!!

Oh, apparently, CW shows are getting better numbers than Leno!!! LOL

LTBasker
10-30-2009, 05:40 PM
That's not surprising, Leno's show feels like an amateurish romp with everything being an excuse to cut to a graphic. What all NBC shows have been canceled?

Rocketboy
10-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Read that the show will return in January as NBC is having a lot of problems. They have cancelled so many shows that they have nothing left to throw at the schedule to replace them. Chuck is the only show that has episodes filmed. Even the mid-season replacements are just starting to go into production.

As expected, Jay Leno's numbers are free-falling. Even though the show doesn't cost much to produce, they are unable to generate enough revenue to support the show with their current complement of advertisers. Good job, third-place network!!!

Oh, apparently, CW shows are getting better numbers than Leno!!! LOLAll great news!

JEDIpartner
10-30-2009, 06:57 PM
That's not surprising, Leno's show feels like an amateurish romp with everything being an excuse to cut to a graphic. What all NBC shows have been canceled?

Southland's gone. There was another one they cancelled... maybe a medical show of some sort? I guess a couple others aren't looking promising and they haven't announced them.

OC47150
11-01-2009, 04:00 PM

For fans of Southland, TNT might be picking the show up, which is good news.

Even though the ratings are crap for Leno, the show is a lot cheaper to produce than a drama like ER. Thus said, NBC will stick with Leno.

Never really been a Leno fan.

JimJamBonds
11-01-2009, 04:39 PM

Oh, apparently, CW shows are getting better numbers than Leno!!! LOL

Any idea when Hero's season ends? January? I presume that Chuck would be taking that spot since both show's got green lit for a half seasons episodes.

Rocketboy
11-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Heroes got a 19 or 20 episode order rather than the usual 22 - 24.

Rocketboy
11-01-2009, 11:22 PM
This adds a little fuel to the January start for Chuck!

dvdactive (http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/chuck2.html):

Released: January 5, 2010
Warner Home Video has announced DVD ($59.98) and Blu-ray ($69.97) releases of Chuck: The Complete Second Season for the 5th January. Extras ill include featurettes ("Truth, Spies and Regular Guys: Exploring the Mythology of Chuck", "Dude in Distress: Explore Some of This Season’s Best Action Sequences", "Chuck Versus the Webisodes: Web-Originated Minifeaturettes", "Chuck: A Real-Life Captain Awesome’s Tips for Being Awesome"), "John Casey Presents: So You Want to Be a Deadly Spy?"), Declassified Scenes, and a gag reel.

JimJamBonds
11-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Holy crap 60 bucks!!!!!

JEDIpartner
11-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Holy crap 60 bucks!!!!!

I'd be surprised if it wasn't retailing for $39.99 for the first week or so.

Yeah... Amazon.com has it for $38.99

See? "Normal".

Rocketboy
11-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah, a bigger new release is almost never priced at the MSRP.
$40 sounds about right for the first week.

OC47150
11-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Southland is going to TNT.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091102/tv_nm/us_southland

Rocketboy
11-19-2009, 07:24 PM
It's official - Chuck returns Sunday, January 10 with a 2 hour premiere and another episode in it's regular time on Monday, January 11 at 8pm!
Three hours of Chuck in 2 nights!

And before that we get Season 2 on DVD January 5th!
Talk about a great start to 2010!

Zachary Levi sends out a Thank You and a look at Season 3! (http://www.nbc.com/chuck/video/clips/chuck-returns/1177568/)

OC47150
11-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Great news! Can't wait!!

Ando
11-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Awesome news! Thanks RockeyBoy! :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
11-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Awesome!!!!!

JimJamBonds
11-19-2009, 10:21 PM
AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the info RB. Another spy with a spastic colon?!?! So is Chuck's new ability similar to The Matrix how they just download a new program and boom "I know kung fu!"

JEDIpartner
11-20-2009, 09:21 AM
AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the info RB. Another spy with a spastic colon?!?! So is Chuck's new ability similar to The Matrix how they just download a new program and boom "I know kung fu!"

Something like that... but INTENTIONALLY funny, unlike the Matrix films as they went on. :D

JimJamBonds
11-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Something like that... but INTENTIONALLY funny, unlike the Matrix films as they went on. :D

Is that similar to how Weird Al said UHF was similar to Purple Rain except it is supposed to be funny? :p

JEDIpartner
11-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Right... something like that or something NOT like that or something else entirely!

JimJamBonds
11-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Sweet I can pick one of three choices!!!!

JimJamBonds
01-07-2010, 07:47 AM
For those that care Chuck is on SyFy this week.

Rocketboy
01-07-2010, 03:48 PM
For those that care Chuck is on SyFy this week.And it's in my DVD player right now!

OC47150
01-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I forgot how much I missed this show. I watched the wedding ep again and laughed just as hard at Jefster and Casey's 'Chuck me' line.

Can't wait until Sunday night.

JediTricks
01-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Leno is getting pushed back to 11:35 during the Olympics, and they're considering keeping him there afterwards. I hope that would breathe more room into the NBC lineup, because right now, Chuck's regular Monday timeslot (yes, THIS monday!!! Sunday is 2 eps, then Monday is a 3rd.) is going to get steamrolled.

JimJamBonds
01-09-2010, 01:13 PM
And it's in my DVD player right now!

I went to buy Season II but it was something like $46!!!! I'd love to have it alongside of Season I but I just can't pull the trigger on a dvd set that costs that much (and for what you get).

Rocketboy
01-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I went to buy Season II but it was something like $46!!!! I'd love to have it alongside of Season I but I just can't pull the trigger on a dvd set that costs that much (and for what you get).Where did you go? Target and Best Buy both have it for $36.99 through today.

OC47150
01-09-2010, 08:01 PM
I went to buy Season II but it was something like $46!!!! I'd love to have it alongside of Season I but I just can't pull the trigger on a dvd set that costs that much (and for what you get).

Wow, for a first-week release, that's high. Give it time: it will drop in price.

JimJamBonds
01-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Where did you go? Target and Best Buy both have it for $36.99 through today.

Wal Mart, I may be off by a dollar or two but I know it was right around the $45ish range.

JEDIpartner
01-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Yea!!! It's back!!!!

Rocketboy
01-11-2010, 12:33 AM
And it was pretty good!
Although I thought the first episode was a little clunky in how they handled the cliffhanger and resolution. I'd have preferred them picking up immediately after the close of season 2 rather than 6 months later and using flashbacks.
Overall, I really liked it and its great having Chuck back!

Good choices on the cast members they dumped (one of which I guessed correctly), but I thought they were getting rid of 1 cast member, not 2, which was kind of surprising. They could still bring one of them back if they wanted to.

Also, some of the budget cuts were apparent with at least one cast member being absent in both episodes. Reminds me of what they did with Scrubs last year.

Ando
01-11-2010, 11:52 AM
My wife and I spent all weekend catching up on Chuck with the Season 2 DVD's and finished them up around 6:30/7:00 pm with PLENTY of time before the Season 3 Premiere.

I'm still not sure how I feel about how they exited the one character on screen. I like their other work, but REALLY didn't like their character here, but they didn't necessarily need to do that to get that character taken out of the story.

The other one, omitted from the opening titles, I could have cared less that they're gone.

All in all, I really enjoyed 2 hours of all new Chuck. I enjoyed seeing John and Chuck "spar", even though they really didn't show it. Clever way to make you wonder about who won; Chuck with his new, uploaded abilities, or John Casey with his years of real life combat training and experience.

I also enjoyed the Big Lebowski reference(s) as well as seeing Morgan man up and score with Katrina by standing up to her and saying no.

Looking forward to tonight's new episode and seeing a fullish (19 episodes?) 3rd season.

JediTricks
01-11-2010, 05:37 PM
I don't know about this. Everything felt very much the same, the reintroduction of the Buy Morians including Morgan was cheap, the killing of Emmett had no payoff at the end (I didn't even catch what that Large Marge reference said it went by so fast). The new hiccup in the Chuck/Sarah relationship felt even more forced and too much. Chuck putting the gang at risk for selfish and stupid and pointless reasons. And Chuck's abilities are not only suspect (knowledge isn't enough to move that way, it takes physical ability and training for a body to be able to do those things) but make it a cheap gimmick to fail or succeed whenever it fits the writers' needs. I dunno, I want to feel like it's great to have Chuck back, but it doesn't seem like they're working hard enough for it. I hear the next 3 eps are better though.

Ando
01-11-2010, 05:47 PM
(I didn't even catch what that Large Marge reference said it went by so fast)

Big Mike said he'd heard that Emmett took a manager position at a Large Mart in Anchorage.

No doubt an homage to movies like Stripes (John Larroquette's Captain Stillman) and other spy movies (Mission: Impossible) that reference a character being transferred to a weather station in Alaska.

JediTricks
01-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Ah, ok, so it was a cover-up. Color me unimpressed. But thanks for the info none the less.

Ando
01-11-2010, 05:55 PM
You're welcome.

It was a throwaway line. And like I said earlier, I didn't like Emmett (that was probably how the writers intended it), but he was a civilian and an innocent and I would have rather seen him sent away for real (Like the equal unlikeable Harry Tang) instead of taking a bullet and dying in an alley.

JediTricks
01-11-2010, 06:49 PM
IMO, Emmett thought he was so badass it made sense that eventually he'd cross that line and eat a bullet. The aftermath is what I didn't like.

Ando
01-11-2010, 06:52 PM
IMO, Emmett thought he was so badass it made sense that eventually he'd cross that line and eat a bullet. The aftermath is what I didn't like.

Flashing his pepper spray canisters *WAS* probably a bad idea on his part, yes.

JimJamBonds
01-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Long story short I liked all three episodes, sure things could have gone better. I'm fine with Emmit getting killed and the cover up story which was kinda like Harry Tang in season 1. Anna, whatever, no big loss there. Next weeks episode looks like it should be a good one as well.

OC47150
01-20-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm enjoying this season.

I agree, JJB: Emmit's death didn't bother me.

The Fight Club take-off was pretty funny. Whenever Jeff and Lester are on, it's good TV.

JimJamBonds
01-21-2010, 07:22 PM

The Fight Club take-off was pretty funny. Whenever Jeff and Lester are on, it's good TV.

True dat... double true! :D

JimJamBonds
01-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Did anybody else think that female passenger Chuck met was going to be involved with the ring besides me?

Ando
01-28-2010, 06:51 PM
I certainly did and I was surprised when she wasn't!

Mad Slanted Powers
01-28-2010, 07:53 PM
I certainly did and I was surprised when she wasn't!

She still might be. We shall see.

Ando
01-28-2010, 07:56 PM

Good point.

Rocketboy
01-28-2010, 10:01 PM
I was about to say give it time, I'm sure she is.
They blew the Thanksgiving episode by having FULCRUM involved. It was a great character building opportunity to give Chuck a chance to be the hero without Sarah & Casey or the intersect Involved, but no, they couldn't do that.

JimJamBonds
01-28-2010, 10:56 PM

I'm sure something fishy with her will come up.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-29-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm sure something fishy with her will come up.
She's trying to recruit Chuck for the Justice League.

JEDIpartner
01-29-2010, 02:22 PM

I agree, JJB: Emmit's death didn't bother me.

I'm enjoying this season and agree about Emmett's death. I, however, find much of the Buy More scenes painful and unwatchable this season. They are so completely ridiculous and impertinent to the story. The only thing coming of this is that Morgan is maturing and growing. They could do without the stupidity of the storylines they are coming up with to handle that angle. I enjoy the Buy More when it is integral to the overall plot and when it's just silly enough to be farcical. This season, it's been so over the top that it's like watching a completely different show that's been intercut with a good one.

JimJamBonds
01-29-2010, 06:37 PM
I, however, find much of the Buy More scenes painful and unwatchable this season. They are so completely ridiculous and impertinent to the story. The only thing coming of this is that Morgan is maturing and growing. They could do without the stupidity of the storylines they are coming up with to handle that angle. I enjoy the Buy More when it is integral to the overall plot and when it's just silly enough to be farcical. This season, it's been so over the top that it's like watching a completely different show that's been intercut with a good one.

One thing I thought of the other day about the Buy More is how much more can they keep the secret that the intercet works there a secret? I think having Chuck go back to working at the Buy More was a little too "easy" when it comes to creating a story line for season III.

JimJamBonds
02-01-2010, 11:55 PM
A nice reference Stripes reference tonight with the name of that van/whatever being called EM-50.

On a more serious note, I'm not sure I really like the person Chuck is turning into, I guess he had to develop an 'edge' sooner or later or wash out of the spy business altogether.

Ando
02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
A nice reference Stripes reference tonight with the name of that van/whatever being called EM-50.

The mobile interrogation unit? Yeah, that was awesome.

They referenced the EM-50 in season 1, too. I think it was the episode where the Fulcrum agent was the take-out delivery girl and she was planting bugs in the Buy More (GLG-20's) and Chuck thought they belonged to Sarah and Casey so that they could spy on him even more, but Sarah said that they don't use GLG-20's, they only use EM-50's.

Did anyone else think that the *WEAP-CON* part of the story was a reference to Chevy Chase's obscure 80's movie "Deal of the Century"? Given the history of the show and the fact that Chevy Chase has actually appeared on "Chuck", I have to think it was a reference (an obscure reference to an obscure movie).

JimJamBonds
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Did anyone else think that the *WEAP-CON* part of the story was a reference to Chevy Chase's obscure 80's movie "Deal of the Century"? Given the history of the show and the fact that Chevy Chase has actually appeared on "Chuck", I have to think it was a reference (an obscure reference to an obscure movie).

I never heard of the movie so I really don't know. What I was thinking about Weap-Con was here was a nerdy thing that Casey was all about.

Ando
02-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I never heard of the movie so I really don't know. What I was thinking about Weap-Con was here was a nerdy thing that Casey was all about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deal_of_the_century (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deal_of_the_century)

The climax of the movie takes place at a big weapons convention tha has a very circus-like atmosphere complete with sexy convention girls and last night's episode of "Chuck" reminded me of that.

It's an obscure reference to an even more obscure movie.

ptiming
02-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Actually, at the beginning of the Weap-Con scene, there's a P.A. announcement that the "Peacemaker demonstration has been postponed".. The Peacemaker was the unmanned drone that goes berserk (and has to be shot down by a PTSD-riddled Gregory Hines) in Deal of the Century..

(or something like that, it's been a while since I've seen the flick)

pt...

Ando
02-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Actually, at the beginning of the Weap-Con scene, there's a P.A. announcement that the "Peacemaker demonstration has been postponed".. The Peacemaker was the unmanned drone that goes berserk (and has to be shot down by a PTSD-riddled Gregory Hines) in Deal of the Century..

(or something like that, it's been a while since I've seen the flick)

pt...

Sweet! Glad I wasn't the only one who caught that or that I saw read into something that wasn't there.

Peacemaker! That's what the drones were called. Thanks pt. It's been a while since I've seen it, too. It's a very dry movie IIRC.

Phantom-like Menace
02-18-2010, 02:43 AM
I like what can be done with the Buy More stuff, but I don't like what's being done. I do like the addition of Kristen Kreuk if only because she's attractive. I'm just not sure what they're really doing with her. I have to imagine they're not going with the someone's-a-spy-deal again.

I'm glad they didn't kill off Awesome. That would have been the first death I would have very much objected to. The show uses Chuck's family and Buy More in contrast to his spy life. Buy more isn't working so well right now, but Awesome and Ellie are. Though I'm not too fond of the whole idea of Morgan and Ellie spying on Chuck.

I'm not sure what I think of Sarah and Shaw getting together.

I guess that makes Casey largely the most consistent character right now for me with Chuck's conversion to a more spy-like persona. I can't say I have any complaints about him. He's just as surly and misanthropic as ever.

The laser pen in the Nacho episode was a little cheesy. They're usually a little better at letting me suspend disbelief. Chuck's reaiming the laser after Casey threatened to teach him the real meaning of eye for an eye got a bit of a snicker out of me, though.

JimJamBonds
02-18-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm not too fond of the whole idea of Morgan and Ellie spying on Chuck.

I think that ended with them finding out that Chuck has a 'secret' girlfriend. Or at least Ellie will give up on the spying.

OC47150
03-07-2010, 09:32 PM
I hope Kristen Kreuk isn't gone. She looks more grown up than her days on Smallville.

Phantom-like Menace
03-08-2010, 12:11 AM
I hope Kristen Kreuk isn't gone. She looks more grown up than her days on Smallville.

I kind of miss the baby fat. It made her face look fuller. Still attractive, though.

JimJamBonds
03-08-2010, 09:44 AM

Well, we'll find out in a little over 10 hours.

JediTricks
03-08-2010, 04:15 PM
She is not listed in the guest cast of tonight's episode listings.

Ando
03-08-2010, 04:48 PM
She is not listed in the guest cast of tonight's episode listings.

TV Guide.com?

She's listed on the IMDb entry for tonight's episode (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1544110/) and she was in last week's preview for tonight's episode.

JediTricks
03-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Yahoo tv. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Rocketboy
03-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Nope. She's not there, just a mention of her quitting.

Good episode, but I'm not sure how I feel about another person in Chuck's life finding out, even though Chuck did have a pretty good reason for not putting Morgan into witness protection. Hopefully it doesn't pan out like the way it has for Awesome finding out (being on edge and freaked out all the time).
The very end (and preview for next week) were really good! Can't wait!

JimJamBonds
03-09-2010, 09:44 AM
I thought last night's show was great. As far as two people now knowing the secret I don't think it will work out the same for Morgan as it did for Awesome. Based on next weeks preview they find out about the other so my theory is they could talk about Chuck's secret to each other vs. Awesome keeping it to himself because he has to talk to. So with that in mind perhaps Awesome will lighten up some.

JediTricks
03-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I thought that ep worked pretty well. It's long past time Morgan knew, he lives with Chuck after all, and it's getting stale with Chuck being checked out of Morgan's life. Awesome freaking out bugged me though, I understand it and it makes sense but it doesn't fit the character that well IMO.

The Buy More being compromised was cheap though, the guys say they already uploaded all the info so how can our heroes at the end say it was blocked? No.

Phantom-like Menace
03-11-2010, 12:43 AM
I'm apathetic toward whether or not Morgan should have found out, but I did like his reaction when Chuck admitted to being a spy. His thinking it was absolutely awesome and hiring Chuck back as his best friend really worked for that character and was exactly how I would have pictured that going down.

OC47150
03-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Nice to see Morgan featured a little more prominently in an ep.

Lester performing the CCR song was great!

I have read on TV Guide.com where a couple of people might be leaving Burbank. I hope it's not Ellie and Awesome, but it's being set up to look that way. I like watching Awesome squirm with the big secret.

JimJamBonds
03-12-2010, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=OC47150;720271Lester performing the CCR song was great! [/QUOTE]

Yes the return of Jeffster!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also loved the reason Cassey gave to Lester for wanting to join the Buy More 'sit in.'

JimJamBonds
03-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Anybody else think that Cassey and Chuck were doing their Vader impersonation when they each chocked a guy? Other then maybe being a SW reference I thought it was a bit too goofy that (especially) Chuck could just lift a guy up like that. Yeah yeah yeah I know the intersect but he didn't flash on "weightlifter" he flashed on some sort of fighting style.

Ando
03-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Anybody else think that Cassey and Chuck were doing their Vader impersonation when they each chocked a guy? Other then maybe being a SW reference I thought it was a bit too goofy that (especially) Chuck could just lift a guy up like that. Yeah yeah yeah I know the intersect but he didn't flash on "weightlifter" he flashed on some sort of fighting style.

I think Casey was just doing "Casey" (and possibly Vader, too). And as for Chuck, I think it was to illustrate how Chuck could easily turn into another Casey if he didn't watch himself and that Casey had been like Chuck when he was younger. Which would explain why Casey is rough on Chuck but still looks out for him.

This was well illustrated throughout the episode, especially at the end when Casey encouraged Chuck to go after Sarah after telling him that he had his turn and made his choices, but Chuck could still go after her.

Great episode all around.

I especially enjoyed seeing Chuck kick that statue off the mantel at that Ring agent/henchman's head.

JimJamBonds
03-16-2010, 03:08 PM
I agree that it was set up to show how Chuck could be like Cassey etc. I just thought it wasn't realistic that Chuck could just lift that guy up like that with out any trouble.

Rocketboy
03-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Chuck choking the guy didn't bother me since he's been able to do so much more with the new Intersect (like the improved flexibility and acrobatics).

I though last night was another great episode. Great back story for Casey, who will obviously be back as an agent before long. We've had a lot of info about Sarah and Casey in the last few weeks. I just hope the writers have something up their sleeves for (hopefully) future seasons and aren't revealing everything this season just in case it doesn't get renewed.

Also glad Ellie and Awesome aren't going anywhere. With Awesome flipping out, all the Doctors Without Borders talk and Morgan finding out about Chuck I was afraid they were going to write them out of the show, using Morgan as the replacement for someone Chuck can talk to.

JediTricks
03-16-2010, 05:34 PM
I dunno about this episode, the content was pretty good, but there were a lot of annoying fringe elements. Morgan starting it off 1 episode into learning the secret and he's already a MAJOR problem - yes, it saves the day, but it could have just as easily have gotten our heroes killed. That is something they needed to not get stuck falling towards, and they blew it in 1 move. Look at Emmett, he gets mixed up and oversteps his bounds and is killed immediately, that could have been Morgan.

Awesome and Ellie were almost a soap opera of back and forth.

Casey getting drummed out was an interesting twist though, nice to see not every ep ends with everything being hunky dorey.

Ando
03-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Morgan starting it off 1 episode into learning the secret and he's already a MAJOR problem - yes, it saves the day, but it could have just as easily have gotten our heroes killed. That is something they needed to not get stuck falling towards, and they blew it in 1 move. Look at Emmett, he gets mixed up and oversteps his bounds and is killed immediately, that could have been Morgan.

I was cringing for that same reasone while watching Morgan was spy on Casey and his old Colonel. Morgan's grown on me and I don't want to see him get killed like Emmett for getting mixed up in Chuck's double life.

JediTricks
03-16-2010, 10:29 PM
I was cringing for that same reasone while watching Morgan was spy on Casey and his old Colonel. Morgan's grown on me and I don't want to see him get killed like Emmett for getting mixed up in Chuck's double life.
That's the part that really bugs me, they WON'T kill Morgan, so he'll just keep getting away with it. I don't want them to kill him, but I don't want him to be impossibly lucky either, that would be too contrived.

JimJamBonds
03-17-2010, 09:16 AM
That's the part that really bugs me, they WON'T kill Morgan, so he'll just keep getting away with it. I don't want them to kill him, but I don't want him to be impossibly lucky either, that would be too contrived.

I agree JT, well hopefully Chuck keeps reminding Morgan that it is dangerous and he can't do that sort of stuff. While that doesn't address the problem I think that would keep things in check (a bit).

Ando
03-17-2010, 01:02 PM

EXACTLY.

Morgan (as well as Awesome and Ellie but especially Morgan) needs to be Chuck's lifeline to his past, normal life.

Morgan and Awesome have each other to commiserate with when it comes to Chuck's secret life and Ellie should be blissfully unaware as to what her super talented but (seemingly) underachieving younger brother is up to.

Rocketboy
03-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Attached are two pics from the May 24th season finale.
I wouldn't consider them spoilers in the slightest.

JimJamBonds
03-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Can't go wrong with Jeffster!

JediTricks
03-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Can't go wrong with Jeffster!
And here I was just thinking the opposite.

JimJamBonds
03-22-2010, 12:48 PM
And here I was just thinking the opposite.

I guess we agree to disagree. lol

JimJamBonds
03-30-2010, 07:24 PM
I thought a great episode last night. Although there are many questions to be asked such as: did Sarah kill the wrong person on her 'blue test?' If not then was Shaw's wife a double agent? Like I said plenty of questions and not enough answers.

Anybody else catch the Spies Like Us reference with Chuck walking into that building and going down that 'elevator' when getting a soda? (In the movie they asked for a Pepsi) I also got a kick out of Morgan telling Cassey to take a back seat to him being on Chuck's team.

JediTricks
03-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Her red test, you mean? No, she wouldn't kill the wrong person, or she would have failed the red test. Why she didn't know that was Shaw's wife though, that is another question.

I would not assume Shaw's wife was a traitor, we've seen in the past that the NSA on the show is willing to kill good guys for dubious reasons, Casey was ready to kill Chuck at the drop of a hat throughout the first season and he thought he had killed Bryce. Killing is part of the spy game - that is something that bugged me about Sarah's reaction, it's too black-or-white for her considering all that has gone on, and the guy was a traitor shooting at Chuck no less.

I thought it was a good episode, but I did wonder why Shaw was upset at Sarah when he knew exactly what a red test was and why a spy would just be a tool of someone higher who made that choice.

Also, while it was cool to see the Tesla Roadster, they didn't use it very well, they didn't have it's high-torque burnouts and 0-60 time of 3.7 seconds, it looked pretty slow how they filmed it. And I found it a little silly that Shaw is driving through the desert in it with Sarah when the car only has a range of 250 miles on a single charge.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Also, while it was cool to see the Tesla Roadster, they didn't use it very well, they didn't have it's high-torque burnouts and 0-60 time of 3.7 seconds, it looked pretty slow how they filmed it. And I found it a little silly that Shaw is driving through the desert in it with Sarah when the car only has a range of 250 miles on a single charge.It's a special version for spies only.

JediTricks
03-31-2010, 04:58 AM
Longer range but slower? Lame! :p

Rocketboy
03-31-2010, 11:22 AM
This week's episode was good as usual.
The whole Casey, Morgan & Awesome team-up felt very sitcom-ish, but they made it work.

JimJamBonds
03-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Why she didn't know that was Shaw's wife though, that is another question.

Wouldn't that just be extra info that isn't needed, here is the picture of the person you need to kill plain and simple. Plus if she'd know that that person was in the CIA/NSA/whatever and the wife of another agent wouldn't that have raised questions in her mind?

This week's episode was good as usual.
The whole Casey, Morgan & Awesome team-up felt very sitcom-ish, but they made it work

Plus it was kinda nice to have an episode that wasn't so much Ring centered. Yeah I know the Ring had a big role in the show but I thought it was nice to see 'the crew' working in a manner that wasn't spy related.

Ando
03-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Sarah's Red Test would have taken place well before she knew who Shaw was or started working with him, right?

According to next week's episode description (www.tvguide.com (http://www.tvguide.com)), The spies regroup after discovering that a villainous operative is responsible for the death of Shaw's wife.

It will be interesting to see if this was video trickery or someone in the same area who takes the shot (similar to Chuck's Red Test). And that Sarah never actually killed someone in her Red Test.

And it looks like April 12 is a repeat, so that's a bummer.

I thoroughly enjoy this show and I really hope NBC keeps it around for next year.

JimJamBonds
03-31-2010, 11:52 AM
According to next week's episode description (www.tvguide.com (http://www.tvguide.com)), The spies regroup after discovering that a villainous operative is responsible for the death of Shaw's wife.

It will be interesting to see if this was video trickery or someone in the same area who takes the shot (similar to Chuck's Red Test). And that Sarah never actually killed someone in her Red Test.

I doubt its trickery since General Beckman showed the same video that Shaw showed.

Ando
03-31-2010, 11:59 AM
I doubt its trickery since General Beckman showed the same video that Shaw showed.

Now that Chuck is available ON DEMAND, I may have to watch the episode that showed Sarah's flashback to her Red Test and watch it again.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2010, 01:31 PM
The combined forces of Casey, Awesome and Grimes really brought me a lot of joy as a Chuck super-fan. I have to say that, regardless of how almost sitcommy it was, it was better than ANY of the scenes featuring the expansive cast of "Buy Morons". I have really hated every gratuitous moment spent with them. It's not been funny at all. It wasn't so bad when Morgan was figuring out that there was a spy base connected to the Buy More, but that's about it.

Anyhow... the last couple weeks have really brought me to the conclusion that Chuck will rate somewhere in my all-time top ten shows. It has a lot of action, it's generally smart and it has a LOT of heart. That last component is really important to me and a lot of shows don't have that.

I'm so curious to see how long the "Shaw has Sarah" plotline plays out. I hope they don't wrap it up in just one episode, 'cos I think it has a lot of potential. From the sound of the TV Guide synopsis, it seems like they will resolve it pretty quickly. Oh, well...

JimJamBonds
03-31-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm so curious to see how long the "Shaw has Sarah" plotline plays out. I hope they don't wrap it up in just one episode, 'cos I think it has a lot of potential. From the sound of the TV Guide synopsis, it seems like they will resolve it pretty quickly. Oh, well...

I'm thinking its coming to an end. I agree with you JP, hopefully it will play out longer then the typical 'next episode that person is gone and forgotten' method that is usually how things play out in tv shows.

JediTricks
03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Wouldn't that just be extra info that isn't needed, here is the picture of the person you need to kill plain and simple. Plus if she'd know that that person was in the CIA/NSA/whatever and the wife of another agent wouldn't that have raised questions in her mind? I don't mean during the red test, I mean once Shaw got there and kept blathering about his dead wife. The guy had to have pictures of her somewhere.

I suspect NBC's miserable programming department won't come up with anything that hooks one of their key demos better, and they'll keep Chuck on 1 more season but do something stupid like move it to Fridays.

JimJamBonds
03-31-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't mean during the red test, I mean once Shaw got there and kept blathering about his dead wife. The guy had to have pictures of her somewhere.

Didn't Sarah say she never saw the person's face? I don't think showing pic's of his dead wife would do much to help woo a new girl. That's kinda like hitting on a girl but you talk about an ex. Not a good plan of attack.:yes:

I suspect NBC's miserable programming department won't come up with anything that hooks one of their key demos better, and they'll keep Chuck on 1 more season but do something stupid like move it to Fridays.

The only part of that I like is Chuck being on "1 more season"... actually I don't like that idea, I hope its on for several more season BUT I'd take 1 more season over 0 more seasons.

JediTricks
04-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't remember her saying she never saw her face. That'd be pretty stupid if true though, can't send a newbie assassin out without knowing the target.

Apparently, the ratings are sinking further and this may be the final season after all.

OC47150
04-05-2010, 08:34 PM

Apparently, the ratings are sinking further and this may be the final season after all.

Being that NBC's highest rated show is the Biggest Loser, it makes sense to keep Chuck around for one more season.

Phantom-like Menace
04-06-2010, 10:24 AM
I really enjoyed most of this most recent episode. I laughed more than I've laughed at the show in a while. Sarah's thanking Chuck for rescuing her and saying that she really appreciated the tank was great.

Last week's line from Jeff about how the Ring agent was taking Shaw behind the van, probably for a sexual encounter, and how it "should be lively" since they were both very fit was equal parts creepy and hilarious.

I'd be sad to see the show go. I haven't enjoyed the recent season as much as the first two, but it's been entertaining, and as JEDIpartner said, the show has a lot of heart. When Chuck feels something and believes something, I'm usually right there with him.

Edit: I couldn't remember what other line I liked until just now. I liked Sarah's telling Chuck she fell for him between when he fixed her phone and when he started defusing bombs with computer viruses. It's about damned time Chuck heard that.

Ando
04-06-2010, 11:01 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. It had just about everything I need to see in an episode of "Chuck".

I am glad that Casey is back in the fold. I've missed seeing him in action and I love that he and Morgan have bonded to the point that one of Casey's demands to Beckman was that Morgan join the team. And his request for a new Crown Vic.

JimJamBonds
04-06-2010, 11:11 AM
I thought the Shaw/Sarah/Shaw's wife thing was sloppy. I'm not sure exactly what it was but something about it seemed off and could have been handled in a better way by the writers.

It was nice that Cassey is back in the mix, I like the way they 'brought him back', well done. I'm quite iffy about Morgan joining the team in an official capacity. I'd be ok with him joining the team but in a manner where General Beckman wouldn't know about it.

That all said, I love the show and I hope it comes back for a fourth (and more) season(s).

JediTricks
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Being that NBC's highest rated show is the Biggest Loser, it makes sense to keep Chuck around for one more season.Right now, they're only renewing reality shows like Biggest Loser, Minute to Win It, and The Marriage Ref. So, they're aiming for failure. Meanwhile, Chuck's ratings slide and the show is costly.

I thought the Shaw/Sarah/Shaw's wife thing was sloppy. I'm not sure exactly what it was but something about it seemed off and could have been handled in a better way by the writers. At first, when Shaw showed Sarah that he understood the scenario wasn't her fault, I was impressed that they had avoided the stupid route. Then when Shaw was a turncoat and went through all that simply to... I don't even know, actually. Why did Shaw put Sarah in position to be killed only to rescue her so she could be killed somewhere else? When did Shaw have time to set up the run to the desert? Why did Sarah's distress beacon call out when she thought she was on a mission with Shaw? That's the problem, it was understandable why Shaw had his motivations, but not the convoluted actions he took.

At first I was really annoyed with the convoluted manner with which Beckman shut Chuck down so he had no support, but then it dawned on me that her action is how EVERYBODY should be treating him ALL THE TIME! He's not a spy! He's poorly trained, clearly not disciplined, the show has been getting away with that too long, but he's not a credible agent or asset, he's a wildcard.

Morgan might make a good analyst, and I guess they're including him to be the new "everyman" character since Chuck is not usable there anymore since he's the Greatest American Hero gimmick now. But Morgan hasn't proved himself except for being more trouble than he's worth, so it's tough to buy, and now it's one step closer to EVERYBODY being in on Project Bartowski - the only ones who aren't are Ellie and the Buy Morons.

OC47150
04-06-2010, 08:54 PM
If the morons at NBC decided to cancel Chuck after last night's ep, it would have been a good ending: Chuck and Sarah got together, Casey got his job back, Morgan is back at the BuyMore. And Jeffster is still Jeffster.

I've enjoyed the interaction between Casey and Jeffster these last few eps. The music playing last night during the trio's intro scene was remiscient of the music played in "Once Upon a Time in the West."

Now we can a 3-week break. :mad:

JimJamBonds
04-08-2010, 11:20 AM
The more I think about it the more this Shaw business bothers me. It just doesn't make any sense, assuming that he somehow had time to set up that business in the desert what was the point? All that to show that 1) he knows that Sarah killed his wife and 2) he is ok with it? Well if that was the case why did he pull a gun on Sarah? They could have skipped that stuff and had him go straight to Paris. Let alone his turn 'to the dark side' seemed sloppy as well. Hopefully they get things straightened out in the final couple of episodes.

Ando
04-08-2010, 11:44 AM
It just doesn't make any sense, assuming that he somehow had time to set up that business in the desert what was the point? All that to show that 1) he knows that Sarah killed his wife and 2) he is ok with it? Well if that was the case why did he pull a gun on Sarah? They could have skipped that stuff and had him go straight to Paris. Let alone his turn 'to the dark side' seemed sloppy as well. Hopefully they get things straightened out in the final couple of episodes.

He might have had that little creepy shrine of love for his dead wife set up for a while already before he got the video from The Ring. It would make sense for spies to have a secret hidey hole to go to if they're burned or their cove is blown.

His turn to the dark side was sloppy (no sloppier than Anakin's in ROTS, in my opinion...), but after all these years, he finally found his wife's killer and The Ring was giving him what he really wanted: The change for revenge.

Good or bad, right or wrong, he didn't care anymore. He finally found the person who took his wife from him and whatever happened after that, so be it.

He lost his cool and let his emotions get in the way. The very thing he'd been preaching to Chuck all season. It's what he told Chuck after he beat him up and took Sarah to the bridge. Chuck couldn't flash because of his emotions.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-12-2010, 02:20 AM
Hasn't anyone considered that the Ring guy had the thing in the desert set up? Since they were apparently working together, that certainly could be the case.

I believe Morgan was packing up a Malakili and a Lando Skiff Guard action figure from his locker. Then there was also the, "there is another line" he used in reference to Casey.

JimJamBonds
04-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Hasn't anyone considered that the Ring guy had the thing in the desert set up? Since they were apparently working together, that certainly could be the case.

Yeah I had thought of that but wouldn't the Ring guy have killed Sarah and the rest of the crew that came with Chuck? They could have done some real damage to the gov't with all of those people there at one time.

I believe Morgan was packing up a Malakili and a Lando Skiff Guard action figure from his locker. Then there was also the, "there is another line" he used in reference to Casey.

I don't remember the figure part (although I recall him putting stuff in his bag) but I did catch and like the "there is another." :thumbsup:

OC47150
04-13-2010, 07:33 PM

He was packing up those figures. I thought Morgan would be more of a Han man. You know, Solo! ; )

Mad Slanted Powers
04-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah I had thought of that but wouldn't the Ring guy have killed Sarah and the rest of the crew that came with Chuck? They could have done some real damage to the gov't with all of those people there at one time.I'm guessing the whole thing was a setup to get her to trust him. It seems the plan was to kill her where she killed his wife.

JimJamBonds
04-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Yeah that'd be possible as well.

Phantom-like Menace
04-14-2010, 10:24 AM
For what it's worth, USA Today's article about saving shows in danger of cancellation indicated they think Chuck will be back next season.

JimJamBonds
04-15-2010, 11:47 AM
That's good... I hope. What day was that in the paper?

Phantom-like Menace
04-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Yesterday, April 14.

Linkage:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2010-04-13-sos14_N.htm?csp=hf

JimJamBonds
04-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Yesterday, April 14.

Linkage:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2010-04-13-sos14_N.htm?csp=hf

Thanks PM. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
05-04-2010, 06:28 PM
It was nice to see Fred Willard show up last in last nights episode. I thought it was pretty good, Morgan's dream at the start of the show was amusing, quite 70's/80's style. Casey's 'diamond in the rough' comment was pretty good as well.

I read someplace yesterday that Chuck stands a good chance of getting renewed for next year. NBC is supposed to be announcing its new lineup in a couple of weeks so we should know fairly soon..

OC47150
05-04-2010, 08:29 PM
I read someplace yesterday that Chuck stands a good chance of getting renewed for next year. NBC is supposed to be announcing its new lineup in a couple of weeks so we should know fairly soon..

I read that last night on Dark Horizons. That's good news.

I haven't watched last night's ep yet. But last week's was good. Jeffster acapella!

JediTricks
05-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Apparently, NBC is looking for Chuck to get 1 more ratings boost and that will put it over the edge for renewal.

Morgan's "Hart to Hart" dream sequence cracked me up. I wish I could say the same for the rest of his story. Casey's training involved NO TRAINING, just tests, that's stupid.

JimJamBonds
05-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Apparently, NBC is looking for Chuck to get 1 more ratings boost and that will put it over the edge for renewal.

Yup thats right, I forgot to add that in my above post.

Morgan's "Hart to Hart" dream sequence cracked me up. I wish I could say the same for the rest of his story. Casey's training involved NO TRAINING, just tests, that's stupid.

Good call with the Hart to Hart, I knew it was from some show but I had no idea which one it came from. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
05-04-2010, 11:38 PM
At first, seeing Chuck in Magnum PI's Ferarri 308GTS threw me, but once Sarah entered the scene it was definitely Hart to Hart and it cracked me up because it's probably the most esoteric reference they could make, an early '80s ripoff of The Thin Man. Ironically, the original premise of the script that would become Hart to Hart was that they were spies!

Sadly, last night's Chuck ratings were the worst of the season.

Phantom-like Menace
05-05-2010, 08:07 AM
This latest episode was okay. I liked the one the week before better. No one was surprised by the doctor being a Ring agent I hope. I was glad to see Awesome and Ellie are still in the show despite their medical safari, because Chuck's life outside superspydom is--in my opinion--best explored through Ellie and Awesome, especially now that everyone but Ellie knows about his being a spy. The Buy More just doesn't do it for me. What did the locals call Awesome? Dr. Super Fantastic White Man? Probably the best line in the episode.

As much as I want the show to be renewed, I really want it to get back to its first season greatness. It seems like the writers are just phoning it in too much, especially these last few episodes. As much as I disliked the Shaw stuff, it at least gave the season some semblance of direction. The show deserves to be renewed, but it needs to act like it.

Jeffster acapella!

I had Leaving on a Jet Plane stuck in my head for more than a day afterward. It was a pretty good version of it actually.

JimJamBonds
05-05-2010, 10:20 AM
At first, seeing Chuck in Magnum PI's Ferarri 308GTS threw me,...

I didn't realise they made a Mustache PI reference, I'll have to check the beginning out again.

Sadly, last night's Chuck ratings were the worst of the season.

While checking out some websites on Monday I read someplace that Chuck's competition would be tough with most shows airing new episodes so I'm not shocked to hear the ratings were down.

No one was surprised by the doctor being a Ring agent I hope.

So I presume the Ring had kept an eye on Awesome the whole time and this was there chance to off him? A thought just occurred but due to Awesome and Ellie's danger I could see them adding Awesome to team Bartowski. I hope that doesn't happen but I could see it happening.

OC47150
05-06-2010, 08:16 PM
I didn't realise they made a Mustache PI reference, I'll have to check the beginning out again.

So I presume the Ring had kept an eye on Awesome the whole time and this was there chance to off him? A thought just occurred but due to Awesome and Ellie's danger I could see them adding Awesome to team Bartowski. I hope that doesn't happen but I could see it happening.

For some reason, the pix was cutting in and out during the Hart-to-Hart bit, but I got the jist of it. Great.

Not really. I was expecting for something to happen to Ellie and Awesome while in Africa. I thought it might be rebels, not the Ring, and the Burbank crew would have to take a field trip to the Congo.

JimJamBonds
05-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Likes from yesterdays episode:
- The fact that Morgan 'grew up' last night and we saw him not instantly fall for Anna.
- Chuck and Sarah watching Spies Like Us, they've made so many references to it I thought it was kinda funny to just openly embrace it... although wouldn't Chevy Chase have a strange resemblance to York from last season? (I think that was his name.
- Christopher Lloyd showing up and Chuck calling him "Doc."

Dislike:
- I'm not so sure about Chuck not talking to Sarah.
- The biggest dislike of all, Ellie being recruited by The Ring. Weak!

As a side note, was there also a Coming To America reference with the head of that country being from the same place Eddie Murphy and Arsino Hall's characters are from???

Ando
05-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Likes from yesterdays episode:
- The fact that Morgan 'grew up' last night and we saw him not instantly fall for Anna.
- Chuck and Sarah watching Spies Like Us, they've made so many references to it I thought it was kinda funny to just openly embrace it... although wouldn't Chevy Chase have a strange resemblance to York from last season? (I think that was his name.
- Christopher Lloyd showing up and Chuck calling him "Doc."

Dislike:
- I'm not so sure about Chuck not talking to Sarah.
- The biggest dislike of all, Ellie being recruited by The Ring. Weak!

As a side note, was there also a Coming To America reference with the head of that country being from the same place Eddie Murphy and Arsino Hall's characters are from???

Ted Roark was Chevy Chase's name on "Chuck" and Zamunda was the country that was in "Coming to America".

I am with you on everything except for The Ring recruiting Ellie. I think that will add a nice little twist to the show and from what we've seen of this show, I think it will resolve itself very quickly. I also think that when Ellie finds out about Chuck, she's gonna be majorly ticked off that she was the last to know, especially since Awesome and Morgan already knew.

And speaking of Morgan, I love his back and forth with Casey! Seeing Morgan fearlessly go for the tranq gun and telling Casey he has been "authorized" to use it was hysterical. His reactions to Anna were exactly how he needed to play it. Very cool and smooth.

I also liked how the Intersect is now working overtime in Chuck through his dreams. It will be interesting to see if Shaw really is alive and I have a theory based on last night's "dream reveal" that Shaw might have staged his breakdown in Paris as a way to get Chuck to finally sack up and protect Sarah and neutralize a threat without thinking. A true "red test" if you will.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the next 2 episodes as the season wraps up.

Phantom-like Menace
05-11-2010, 01:09 PM
I don't remember if the line was "It was a nice try, Merlin," or "It was a nice plan, Merlin," but for some reason I found that pretty funny.

I think I've missed Anna, and she was looking absolutely scrumptious, especially in that last outfit.

JediTricks
05-14-2010, 04:34 AM
The Hollywood Reporter is saying that ol' Chuckles has been renewed.

Phantom-like Menace
05-14-2010, 06:08 AM
Here's a link:

http://seriesandtv.com/cancelled-shows-2010-chuck-renewed-for-season-four-by-nbc/

Good news! I'm a little annoyed it's another one of those thirteen episode deals, though.

I'd still like to see them improve some things, most notably stop revealing half of the cast is made up of spies then making the other half of the cast into spies. I haven't looked at Wikipedia (as the undisputed authority on everything), but based on Chuck I think the demographic breakdown of occupations in the L.A. area is 98% spy, 1% Buy More employee, 1% other (and the CIA/NSA/Fulcrum/Ring is aggressively recruiting that last two percent).

JimJamBonds
05-14-2010, 10:40 AM
the hollywood reporter is saying that ol' chuckles has been renewed.

here's a link:http://seriesandtv.com/cancelled-sho...n-four-by-nbc/ (http://seriesandtv.com/cancelled-shows-2010-chuck-renewed-for-season-four-by-nbc/)

good news! I'm a little annoyed it's another one of those thirteen episode deals, though.

I'd still like to see them improve some things, most notably stop revealing half of the cast is made up of spies then making the other half of the cast into spies. I haven't looked at wikipedia (as the undisputed authority on everything), but based on chuck i think the demographic breakdown of occupations in the l.a. Area is 98% spy, 1% buy more employee, 1% other (and the cia/nsa/fulcrum/ring is aggressively recruiting that last two percent).

awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!

OC47150
05-14-2010, 01:35 PM
The biggest dislike of all, Ellie being recruited by The Ring.

The way Ellie was recruited by The Ring really reminded me of the way Sydney was recruited by SD-6 at the beginning of Alias (if anyone watched Alias).

JediTricks
05-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Here's a link:

http://seriesandtv.com/cancelled-shows-2010-chuck-renewed-for-season-four-by-nbc/

Good news! I'm a little annoyed it's another one of those thirteen episode deals, though.

I'd still like to see them improve some things, most notably stop revealing half of the cast is made up of spies then making the other half of the cast into spies. I haven't looked at Wikipedia (as the undisputed authority on everything), but based on Chuck I think the demographic breakdown of occupations in the L.A. area is 98% spy, 1% Buy More employee, 1% other (and the CIA/NSA/Fulcrum/Ring is aggressively recruiting that last two percent).I'm not actually sorry to hear it's another 13 episode order, it feels to me like the producers on this show aren't hungry enough to fully deliver on the promise they have, it often feels "good, but not quite great" to me.

Totally true about the spies, that was some disappointing noise right there. Agent JediTricks, out.

JimJamBonds
05-16-2010, 05:34 AM
Hopefully (like this year) the show gets a couple more episodes tacked on to that 13 show season.

Phantom-like Menace
05-16-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm not actually sorry to hear it's another 13 episode order, it feels to me like the producers on this show aren't hungry enough to fully deliver on the promise they have, it often feels "good, but not quite great" to me.

Damn that Ensign Paris!

Phantom-like Menace
05-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Wow, Ellie really gave it to Casey. Poor guy.

Earth, Wind, Fire, and . . . Rain:sad::cross-eye:yes::thumbsup:

So I've been wondering how long it would be before Chuck has to go up against an Intersected baddie. It's always seemed like a logical place to go. I can even forgive them if it's the baddie in question.

I thought it was cool when Sarah hit the knife with the axe. Believable? Not necessarily, but still cool. And I've always liked that even though Chuck is Intersected, Sarah and Casey still have a natural ability that makes them awesome. I was happy that Chuck's dad took the words out of my mouth asking if she had an Intersect too.

All in all, not a bad episode.

JimJamBonds
05-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Earth, Wind, Fire, and . . . Rain:sad::cross-eye:yes::thumbsup:

That was nice!

So I've been wondering how long it would be before Chuck has to go up against an Intersected baddie. It's always seemed like a logical place to go. I can even forgive them if it's the baddie in question.

And I've always liked that even though Chuck is Intersected, Sarah and Casey still have a natural ability that makes them awesome. I was happy that Chuck's dad took the words out of my mouth asking if she had an Intersect too.

So does the intersect make Shaw a super intersect because he has his natural abilities along with the intersect?

On a slightly different note is Chuck's dad an intersect as well? I ask because how else could he test that watch thingy (I don't remember what he called it) unless he has an intersect to test it on??

OC47150
05-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Can't wait until next week's ep.

Phantom-like Menace
05-20-2010, 12:19 AM
On a slightly different note is Chuck's dad an intersect as well? I ask because how else could he test that watch thingy (I don't remember what he called it) unless he has an intersect to test it on??

I think he's mentioned that he did download the Intersect, and he may have even mentioned needing the watch he has already for his own condition. Someone who has been paying a little more attention and can remember back to last season would have to confirm that or tell me I'm crazy.

JimJamBonds
05-20-2010, 09:53 AM
I think he's mentioned that he did download the Intersect, and he may have even mentioned needing the watch he has already for his own condition. Someone who has been paying a little more attention and can remember back to last season would have to confirm that or tell me I'm crazy.

That sounds kinda right, I think he had an intersect (or at least some version of it) last season. Although if he had it last year and still has it thus the need for the watch why didn't he use it when those guys came to his cabin?

Phantom-like Menace
05-20-2010, 12:20 PM
If you mean why didn't Chuck's dad go kung fu on him, he would--provided my vague recollections are correct--only have the relatively run-of-the-mill Intersect 1.0, so no kung fu.

JimJamBonds
05-20-2010, 11:16 PM
If you mean why didn't Chuck's dad go kung fu on him, he would--provided my vague recollections are correct--only have the relatively run-of-the-mill Intersect 1.0, so no kung fu.

Yeah that sounds about right PLM. Thanks for reminding me. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
05-25-2010, 09:21 AM
So ummm weird episode last night. I didn't like how Shaw was brought back and the fact that he wasn't killed (not by Chuck but say Sarah or John). Also now that Ellie knows Chuck was with the CIA what is the big secret?

And Chuck's mom is in the Ring I take it? Come on the whole effin' family is in the spy business and Chuck downloaded some primitive version of the intersect as a youth.

:veryconfused:

sith_killer_99
05-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Well, I enjoyed the show. Looking forward to next season. We will see.

I like the new angle.:thumbsup:

Ando
05-25-2010, 01:42 PM
I also enjoyed it and I will miss Papa Bartowski.

I look forward to another season (fingers crossed) this fall.

JimJamBonds
05-25-2010, 06:51 PM
I look forward to another season (fingers crossed) this fall.

The show did get picked up for 12 episodes next season.

I was wondering would it be a let down if Chuck was truly a normal guy and even his nerd hearding ability was based on that early version of the intersect he downloaded as a kid? I'd like to think that he picked up the IT stuff from his dad and not an early intersect.

Rocketboy
05-25-2010, 11:13 PM
I also enjoyed it and I will miss Papa Bartowski.

I look forward to another season (fingers crossed) this fall.Shaw was shot in the chest a few times also, so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a return someday.

I've been really behind on Chuck until yesterday when I watch the previous 4 episodes online yesterday afternoon and finished about an hour before the finale. 6 episodes in one day!

I liked the finale.
Big Mike's Subway commercial at the very beginning was hilarious.

I keep thinking I should have a problem with everyone in Chuck's life knowing his secret (and so quickly - in just over a season) but for some reason I don't. I'm just curious as to how they'll deal with Chuck's promise to Ellie to quit. It's obvious Chuck can't quit now, especially with Shaw still out there and all of these other organizations his dad was tracking. Otherwise season 4 is gonna be boring. :D

The story with Casey's daughter seemed to be tacked on and forgotten: Her saves her, tells her the truth and tells her to run when the Ring shows up.
She somehow ends up at the BuyMore, she and Morgan find the cash.
A throwaway line about Morgan helping her disappear.
The stuff about Morgan having her phone number.
Then she randomly shows up at the end.

JimJamBonds
05-26-2010, 09:39 AM
I keep thinking I should have a problem with everyone in Chuck's life knowing his secret (and so quickly - in just over a season) but for some reason I don't. I'm just curious as to how they'll deal with Chuck's promise to Ellie to quit. It's obvious Chuck can't quit now, especially with Shaw still out there and all of these other organizations his dad was tracking. Otherwise season 4 is gonna be boring. :D

Yeah, everybody found out over the course of one year but it was kept from them for two years. I think that was bound to happen sooner or later since Chuck kept his 'regular life'.

JEDIpartner
05-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Okay... the thing not to do is to make Ellie Bartowski cry-- especially after the previous night's LOST finale had me weeping at the end.

What a great finale! It was apparent that they shot two endings for this episode. All signs seemed to point to them wrapping things up with Chuck ending his tenure with the CIA and Casey reuniting with his daughter and having a nice family shot and also blowing up the Buy More to end the series. Then you get that phone call that leads to the revelation that the old Bartowski homestead holds some previously unknown secrets that would carry it into a season four.

I'm glad that it got that opportunity to continue. :love:

JediTricks
05-27-2010, 03:55 AM
In the larger sense, that was a good pair of episodes. In the smaller sense, it betrayed the series over and over. But it did so in a mostly satisfying way, although "the ring brought me back to life" may have been so ludicrous even for "Chuck" that they had to tapdance right through it in the most distracting manner possible.

So, if Chuck needs the governor, why did he defeat Shaw after a "reboot"? Kinda mixed concept. How did Shaw know he needed a governor? Etc.. Just don't think about it, like they're all looking for a bomb detonator and yet just sitting around WITH the bombs.

Phantom-like Menace
05-27-2010, 12:14 PM
I have to say I was pretty happy with both of those episodes, but especially the second to latest episode. It had the humor that's been missing lately.

It seems next season Chuck could be a spy and he's keeping it from Ellie, so status quo there oddly enough.

It's going to sound weird, but at this point I would find it harder to believe that Chuck's mother wasn't involved in spycraft than to accept that she is involved.

Chuck's still needing the governor could make sense inasmuch as it could prevent him from being in a debilitating and vulnerable situation that would lead to him needing to reboot. Rebooting won't help if someone kills him while he's lying on the floor.

Is every young female who enters the show going to be used to taunt Morgan?

Hope the Buy More is back.

Edit: Oh, and forget Chuck's accent giving him away as not being Russian; I think I caught him say до сдивания instead of до свидания.

Rocketboy
05-27-2010, 07:03 PM
The reboot may have given Chuck he ability to access the intersect, but the intersect was still slowly destroying Chuck's brain, therefore he still needs the governor.

JimJamBonds
05-28-2010, 11:23 AM
So, if Chuck needs the governor, why did he defeat Shaw after a "reboot"? Kinda mixed concept. How did Shaw know he needed a governor? Etc.. Just don't think about it, like they're all looking for a bomb detonator and yet just sitting around WITH the bombs.

Remember the Ring was going after Chuck's dad so Shaw/the Ring must have figured out what he was working on.

JimJamBonds
05-31-2010, 10:33 AM
I just found this on the interwebs about Chuck Season IV.

Creator Chris Fedak says that the internal angst is over for Chuck and Sarah, and now it's time for the show to really explore what their relationship means. The next season will continue to mix darker and lighter material in the name of keeping the show fresh. The fact that Ellie now knows that Chuck is a spy won't be easily resolved and will definitely change the way the show works. Morgan's chances of survival are, at least as far as Beckman is concerned, "limited", and the writers might agree with that assessment.
As for the masterplan for season four, Fedak lays out where the show's mythology is going to head next:

I'll tell you a couple of things. Yes, we did a lot of super-epic big things in the season finale. The show is still going to be the Chuck show. It's not going to lose its sense of humor. It's still a show about this regular guy who becomes a spy but is still Chuck Bartowski. For us, we get that it's a lot of fun when Chuck, Sarah and Casey and now Morgan are going on missions and together and having fun. That's the heart of the show. Our instinct isn't ever to do an arc where it's an entire season where two people are separated.
And when it comes to Dad's lair at the end of the finale, we've talked a lot about Superman in season 3. Part of us was like, "Well, what about Batman? What does he have to offer us from a perspective of secrets and lairs and the family story?" At the heart of season four, too, is the search for Mom.
They hope to bring Scott Bakula back as Chuck's dad, and he's very much being used as a model for what sort of actress they want to play Chuck's mom. As for the current cast, Fedak says that even if the Buy More is gone, he can't imagine a show without Big Mike, Jeff, and Lester.
Finally, he says that, although Chuck has now killed people in missions, he'll never be a killer in the same way the other spies are. Fedak compares him to Tom Clancy hero Jack Ryan, even going so far as to actually say that if Chuck is going to kill somebody, the stakes needs to be "clear and present." (No word yet on whether season four will feature games of the patriot variety or some sort of hunt for a crimson-hued month, possibly October.) [Hitflix (http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/interview-chuck-co-creator-chris-fedak-post-mortems-season-three)

Rocketboy
05-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Nice, but I really don't like the part about Morgan's chances of surviving. I think there's a lot more to be explored in the Chuck-Morgan relationship now that Morgan knows everything.

And I knew they wouldn't let Chuck's dad just die like that. Granted, it could be a video/hologram/whatever appearance, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he is still alive.

JimJamBonds
06-01-2010, 09:59 AM
My thought was he (his dad) created video's that pop up at pre programmed times/when Chuck does/goes someplace.

My other thought with the above quote is that if the Buy More is gone so should those characters. Sorry Big Mike and Jeffster!

Ando
06-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Nice, but I really don't like the part about Morgan's chances of surviving. I think there's a lot more to be explored in the Chuck-Morgan relationship now that Morgan knows everything.

I agree. I don't like the idea of seeing Morgan go in any way/shape/form. And I really like the Morgan/Casey dynamic and want to see their relationship grow as well, especially if they decided to have Casey's daughter Alex date Morgan. There's some good "Meet the Parents" type material there

OC47150
06-04-2010, 09:30 PM
The season ender opened up some good possibilities for next season. Let's face it: it would be hard to top last season's 'Chuck me' moment.

But I wanted to see more of the Jeffster video playing during the Chuck/Shaw fight!!!! :whip:

Rocketboy
06-04-2010, 10:02 PM
The season ender opened up some good possibilities for next season. Let's face it: it would be hard to top last season's 'Chuck me' moment.

But I wanted to see more of the Jeffster video playing during the Chuck/Shaw fight!!!! :whip:Filmed over the course of 2 and a half weekends. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lErkYdnr_50)

JimJamBonds
06-05-2010, 10:41 PM

But I wanted to see more of the Jeffster video playing during the Chuck/Shaw fight!!!! :whip:

The double guitar was nice, however I like Jeffster acoustic better. :D

JEDIpartner
06-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I really would NOT be sad to see Jeff and Lester go away. They've turned them into Jar Jar Binks stepping in poop and whiffing Eopie farts every time they are on screen!

JediTricks
06-20-2010, 03:07 PM
I really would NOT be sad to see Jeff and Lester go away. They've turned them into Jar Jar Binks stepping in poop and whiffing Eopie farts every time they are on screen!
Having just watched that video, I can fully agree. It's been a slow but steady slide into that point, but especially as we get less Chuck at work, their inclusion has had to become more ridiculous to make the stories and it's gotten to be too much.

Rocketboy
06-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Season 3 on DVD September 7th

Warner Home Video has announced DVD and Blu-ray releases of Chuck: The Complete Third Season for the 7th September. Extras will include featurettes ("Chuck-Fu…and Dim Sum: Becoming a Spy Guy", "The Jeffster Revolution: The Definitive Mockumentary"), Declassified Scenes, and a gag reel. Dvdactive (http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/chuck3.html) for cover art.

JimJamBonds
06-20-2010, 11:37 PM
I wonder if it'll be as overpriced as the other seasons (aka like other dvd's)?

Rocketboy
06-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Amazon has the preorder for $38.99.

I'm pretty sure I got Seasons 1 & 2 for $20-25 & $30-35 on release week.

JimJamBonds
07-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Nobody asked for it and nobody wants it but here it is. Jeffster! doing Bad Romance from SDCC. http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00034204.html

Rocketboy
07-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Since I hadn't seen anything I didn't think anything of note happened at the Chuck panel.

Linda Hamilton announced as Elizabeth Bartowsky? Nice.

JimJamBonds
07-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Since I hadn't seen anything I didn't think anything of note happened at the Chuck panel.

Linda Hamilton announced as Elizabeth Bartowsky? Nice.

I watched the panel and they didn't say much, it was maybe 20 min. Are they always that short?

JediTricks
08-01-2010, 05:20 PM
No, the panel is usually 1 hour, this year they got 45 minutes, and they usually need to dedicate about 10 minutes time for a reel of clips, and another half of the time allotted goes to Q&A, so this year they got skunked with a shortened panel time.

I tried to get into the panel this year, and this is what happened:
http://img228.imageshack.us/i/img0030b.jpg/

That is me standing BEHIND the convention center, out on a little street in the bay, off to the left is the line we're queued "behind" - they felt that line had gotten too long, so they put us off to the side next to that chain link fence. And yet I still would have made it in most likely had they not COMPLETELY ABANDONED US there. The line on the stairs went up, the line to my left got called up as well, and then we stood there for several minutes until I realized what happened and led our line forward to discover that they had forgotten us, called up the other parts of the line, then started letting people waltz into the line ahead of where we should have been. So I made it into ballroom 20 just AFTER the panel ended, jerks.

JimJamBonds
08-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Holy carp JT! I'm sure it varies from room to room but roughly how many people get into a panel?

I read that the panel started 10 min. (don't know why) late so I guess that didn't help things too much either.

JediTricks
08-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Holy carp JT! I'm sure it varies from room to room but roughly how many people get into a panel?

I read that the panel started 10 min. (don't know why) late so I guess that didn't help things too much either.
Each room is different, wildly so usually. Ballroom 20 where this was is the 2nd largest panel room at SDCC, it holds 5k. Hall H is the biggest, holds 6k. Room 6BCF holds 2k. Room 6A holds 1k. The Indigo Ballroom at the Hilton holds 2600. Then most of the other panels are in notably smaller rooms, mostly in the hundreds. The Star Wars room, 7AB, holds 500. The room where they did Hasbro GI Joe and Transformers, holds 500 but somehow seems bigger (I think it has higher ceilings). The smallest rooms at the con hold around 300 each and there are probably a dozen or so of those small rooms going at any 1 time. The Exhibit hall holds roughly 25k. And the number of visitors this year was capped at 120k, so you can see why there has to be so much counter-scheduling going on, it's a very busy convention.

Chuck starting 10 minutes late seems like a disaster since they only had 45 minutes to begin with, 35 minutes for a panel, a clip reel, and Q&A should be impossible, especially while funneling 5,000 people into their seats.

JimJamBonds
08-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm happy to hear that Chuck got the second biggest room, hopefully that will be some sort of sign that the show will continue on into the future (well that OR solid ratings).

sith_killer_99
09-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Why didn't anyone mention Chuck was back on tonight?!?!

You're all slacking! Luckily my DVR caught it!:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
09-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Hey SK, there is a new Chuck next Monday as well.

sith_killer_99
09-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Hey SK, there is a new Chuck next Monday as well.

:eek:

Two weeks in a row. I'm glad you mentioned it, if I had to rely on the others here I would never get to see any new episodes.

BTW, big week for shows...

Chuck
Castle
Glee
Bones
$#*! my Dad says
Fringe
Supernatural
Dexter

Wow, looking forward to the new lineup. Doors close (TruBlood, Eureka) and more open.

Really looking forward to Dexter, Fringe, and Supernatural.

Still lamenting the long wait for new Doctor Who episodes.:p

BTW, did anyone catch "The Event"?

Mad Slanted Powers
09-21-2010, 01:10 AM
:eek:

Two weeks in a row. I'm glad you mentioned it, if I had to rely on the others here I would never get to see any new episodes.

BTW, big week for shows...

Chuck
Castle
Glee
Bones
$#*! my Dad says
Fringe
Supernatural
Dexter

Wow, looking forward to the new lineup. Doors close (TruBlood, Eureka) and more open.

Really looking forward to Dexter, Fringe, and Supernatural.

Still lamenting the long wait for new Doctor Who episodes.:p

BTW, did anyone catch "The Event"?I just finished watching Chuck and The Event. I enjoyed them both. I enjoyed the Rocky IV references in Chuck (as well as the Seinfeld reference). Took me a bit to get into The Event. I was enjoying it, but was getting the feeling that it might be something that isn't going to last because people won't have the patience for all the jumping around the timeline. However, by the end of the episode I was beginning to like how everything was playing out as the timeline gets filled in more.

JediTricks
09-21-2010, 10:21 PM
SPOILERS!!!

Chuck was cute, a few too many nods perhaps, like "this isn't the opening to a TV show". Having Harry Dean Stanton play off his Repo Man character was a SPECTACULAR choice though, that was inspired even if it was a little thin - who the hell is going to know Repo Man? HDS actually seems better in action than his very wrinkled photos suggest, he's still got his step. Unlike...

Dolph actually lumbered in 1 running scene like an old guy, that made me sad, but he had the acting energy the rest of his time, his "I must break you" was a cute nod but surprisingly the rest of his stuff here was better.

Olivia Munn was a total flop, as usual.

Linda Hamilton felt like too much stunt casting, and sluggish to get going. The turnabout gag was obvious, and her look seemed like too much vasoline on the lens.

The story was kinda dumb and brainless, like the resources to create old guy Castle wouldn't be able to fund a couple grand to go around the world. But Casey getting choked up thinking Chuck got splashed was interesting. The Buy More being rebuilt as CGI headquarters... sorry, I mean "CIA headquarters" ;) was silly and stupid, every baddie and his grandma knows about that joint now. Having Beckman be the manager was inspired tho', and while I am a bit sad to see Big Mike go, her in that outfit was great. Sabotaging Chuck's chances at other jobs was dumb though. I didn't expect it, but seeing the Buy More made me wonder what was going on with Jeff and Lester. Oh, and why exactly was the building a living trap, why couldn't Chuck wait to deploy the EMP 5 minutes later when the file was done and downloaded into the flash memory of his phone, which wouldn't get wiped out by EM radiation?

All in all, the show feels like it's on cruise control, and that's not a good thing. But it's better to have Chuck than no Chuck... for now.

JimJamBonds
09-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Having Harry Dean Stanton play off his Repo Man character was a SPECTACULAR choice...

While I didn't know who that was per say I did recognize the guy from 'something' and liked the casting.

Dolph actually lumbered in 1 running scene like an old guy, that made me sad, but he had the acting energy the rest of his time, his "I must break you" was a cute nod but surprisingly the rest of his stuff here was better. Yeah he looked old, Rocky IV seemed like a million years ago. Although he did deliver those 'classic' lines great.:thumbsup:

Olivia Munn was a total flop, as usual. She was pointless

Linda Hamilton felt like too much stunt casting, and sluggish to get going. The turnabout gag was obvious, and her look seemed like too much vasoline on the lens. Like Dolph I though Linda looked quite old as well. Her action sequence I thought looked really really bad.

The story was kinda dumb and brainless, like the resources to create old guy Castle wouldn't be able to fund a couple grand to go around the world. But Casey getting choked up thinking Chuck got splashed was interesting. The Buy More being rebuilt as CGI headquarters... sorry, I mean "CIA headquarters" ;) was silly and stupid, every baddie and his grandma knows about that joint now. Yeah I don't get it, how in the F can they keep up the Buy More front???

Having Beckman be the manager was inspired tho', and while I am a bit sad to see Big Mike go, her in that outfit was great. Sabotaging Chuck's chances at other jobs was dumb though. I didn't expect it, but seeing the Buy More made me wonder what was going on with Jeff and Lester. Big Mike, Lester and Jeff will still be in the show somehow, at SDCC the creators of the show said something to the extent that they couldn't "do the show without them."

why couldn't Chuck wait to deploy the EMP 5 minutes later when the file was done and downloaded into the flash memory of his phone, which wouldn't get wiped out by EM radiation? Yeah I had that same thought as well, sure getting out of there asap was a good idea but its not as if the bad guys were about to bust down the door.

Ando
09-22-2010, 01:07 PM
All in all, I enjoyed it.

To me Chuck is the right show at the right time. On Monday nights, after what is usually a carp day at the office, a few laughs and some action is pretty much all I want (aside from my wife's home cooking and "home cooking"...).

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Beckman in her Buy More manager's uniform. I for one enjoyed seeing Chuck's interviews go sideways because of her intervention. I bet Big Mike, Lester, and Jeff will be back at the Buy More as the only (unwittingly, of course) civilian employees, finding out they have to do 90% of the REAL work and wondering why no one else is pitching in.

I also really enjoy the new dynamic with Morgan along for the ride, and especially the relationship between him and Casey. In the "Here's what you'll see this season" montage at the end, there's a brief clip of Morgan telling Casey he's dating Casey's daughter, so that will be (IMO) pretty funny.

I always enjoy the 80's references, I just wish my wife caught more of them. She's 5 years younger and wasn't raised by TV like I was, so I always pause the show and tell her why I am laughing a little too hard at things like "I must break you".

What was the Seinfeld reference, I don't remember?

BTW, SithKiller, there was a new episode of Chuck on Monday.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Yeah I don't get it, how in the F can they keep up the Buy More front???It will be easier if everyone there is a spy.

What was the Seinfeld reference, I don't remember?I think it was one of Chuck's interviews that was at Vandalay Industries. George used that a lot on Seinfeld.

Ando
09-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Vandalay Industries.

THAT'S RIGHT! Thanks! I forgot about that one. It made me and the wife chuckle.

JediTricks
09-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Unnnnfortunately, the ratings for Monday's premiere were way down, a third less than last season premiere.

Ando
09-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Bummer. Hopefully the ratings pick up. This is one of my favorite shows on network TV.

sith_killer_99
09-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Bummer. Hopefully the ratings pick up. This is one of my favorite shows on network TV.

Darn it, don't say that, networks always cancel people's "favorite shows" in favor of mindless carp like Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, American Idle, etc.

Phantom-like Menace
09-24-2010, 12:41 AM
I don't think I've watched more than a couple minutes of a Rocky movie, so I only know those movies from other people. I knew Dolph was in them, and that's about it.

The episode did get a few laughs out of me. I don't know why the creators say they can make the show without Big Mike, and Jeffster. I didn't even kind of miss them this time out. I did miss Captain Awesome, though. Hopefully he'll make this coming episode. God knows it'll have Big Mike and Jeffster.

I thought Olivia Munn worked, but only inasmuch as she was there to wear a little skirt, which she did. Honestly, though, for my money, if they just need a girl in a little skirt . . . they should have kept Julia Ling!

JediTricks
09-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah, when they showed the skirt all slo-mo I was kinda hoping it'd be Anna Wu, she had so much more personality and was cute as a button.

JimJamBonds
09-24-2010, 11:45 PM
I forgot to say this in my earlier post but did anybody else notice the lack of action that took place? Or perhaps I should say the lack of action that took place ON screen? Off the top of my head all that I can remember is Chucks karate chop "whoo I'm outa spy shape" and Linda Hamilton's bit at the end. Although I will say I liked how they made it look like Chuck got whacked and Sarah and John got tearey eyed.

I'd guess that lack of action on screen would be a cost saving attempt?

JimJamBonds
09-25-2010, 12:08 AM
One other thing I (again) forgot to add. What was the deal showing Chuck picking out one of three watches and putting it on? I thought he was "cured" of that and didn't need his dad's hardware from turning his brain to mush?????

JediTricks
09-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Nope, the watch is the cure, it's just that when he put it on last season it rebooted him to give him more time where he didn't need it. But it'd eventually build back up, from what I remember.

Totally forgot about that crap, they soft-sold it.

JediTricks
09-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Nobody talking about Chuck? Not even the return of the BuyMorons, minus Big Mike? Or the amount of scantily-clad lady-time? Or Bronson Pinchot appearing for a nanosecond? Or the Old Spice guy being a little funny?

That said, it was a fair episode at best, way too much stunt casting, too much plot, yet too little to say. And Beckman's out, just like that?

Ando
09-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Jeffster's back. Yay? I guess they're a necessary evil, if nothing more than to make me laugh when Casey knocks their heads together like Moe.

That Bonson Pinchot (and did he eat his Perfect Strangers co-star?!He looked really heavy!) cameo was beyond weird and random, but Lou Ferrigno was great as the tough but sensitive bodyguard. Glad to see he's working even if he's just playing himself as seen in "I Love You Man".

That blonde Victoria's Secret model (she also played Cover Girl in GI Joe...) can't act her way out of a paper sack. But the scantily clad lady fighting was pretty awesome!

The "fight"/misunderstanding between Sarah and Chuck ("I still love you despite your weird unpacking habits" or something like that...) was spot on. I asked my wife if he said the wrong thing and she said "YEP". I honestly didn't see anything wrong with what he said, but unlike Chuck I just said "hmm", nodded my head, and didn't say anything else.

Sorry to see Beckman go so soon. My wife and I enjoyed seeing her "on set" and interacting with the rest of the team in the same room.

I think Morgan's promotion to Buy More manager will be interesting. His character has really grown on me since the beginning of the show. I'm guessing Morgan is who brings back Big Mike.

Rewatching season 3 last week, I realized that Chuck's selfconscious behavior is starting to bug me. Last night when they were fighting about Sarah not unpacking, it was almost like he was back to being Chuck from Seasons 1 or 2, which he's not. With the Intersect 2.0, he needs to start believing in himself and get past that "16 year old virgin with a 1st time girlfriend" nonsense and relax into his relationship with Sarah.

OC47150
09-28-2010, 06:57 PM
I still haven't watched last week's ep yet. I spent this afternoon trying to locate it. If I can't find it, I'll go online or check OnDemand.

But after I get caught up, I'll respond.

Phantom-like Menace
09-29-2010, 01:11 AM
I only just watched it before going to bed earlier today.

I noticed Pinchot and Ferrigno in the credits at the beginning, I was really expecting craziness. Pinchot's Planck time cameo was a head scratcher. Ferrigno . . . well, I guess I would have found it funnier if I watched I Love You, Man? The glove fight with Chuck was just . . . hmm--I got nothing.

Chick fights.:whip:

I was watching with my brother's girlfriend when Chuck mentioned her unpacking habits while she was disarming the bomb. I didn't see anything so bad, but I wisely did not seek female input.

I think my favorite laugh was when Sarah asked if she was naked, and Chuck justs asks, "Who?" It was stupid, simple, but amusing. It didn't occur to me that was Covergirl, probably because I barely watched the G.I. Joe movie.

I did kind of smile when Lester told Ellie they were on break. I saw it coming of course. The BuyMorons. . . . Damn it. I'm really curious how they're going to work with the government types. I did find it oddly amusing when the agent told the kid he had to stay in school if he wanted to be a Buy More employee.

JimJamBonds
09-29-2010, 10:17 AM
I did kind of smile when Lester told Ellie they were on break. I saw it coming of course. The BuyMorons. . . . Damn it. I'm really curious how they're going to work with the government types. I did find it oddly amusing when the agent told the kid he had to stay in school if he wanted to be a Buy More employee.

I bet think most of the gov't types will be out with the exception of Cassey (of course). If Morgan is in charge he won't want those good looking/smart/huge types around. :D

OC47150
09-29-2010, 07:43 PM
I must've erased the first ep by accident. Oh well....

But I watched the second one! Jeff and Lester make me laugh. Is there room in the womb for two? I lost it with that line.

Wasn't Big Mike pictured in the opening credits?

JimJamBonds
09-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Yes, Big Mike is a series regular, although he has yet to be in an episode this season.

JimJamBonds
10-05-2010, 04:00 PM
So what is the point of the revolving "Gretta" character? If you're going to have those people on the show how about they are a part of the episode, not show up for a couple of seconds of airtime.

Ando
10-05-2010, 05:17 PM
So what is the point of the revolving "Gretta" character? If you're going to have those people on the show how about they are a part of the episode, not show up for a couple of seconds of airtime.

Maybe it's a wink to the James Bond films (multiple people playing the same spy character)?

JimJamBonds
10-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Maybe it's a wink to the James Bond films (multiple people playing the same spy character)?

Hmm that actually makes some sense...

JEDIpartner
10-11-2010, 01:46 PM
I still hate Jeff and Lester and the drag they put on each episode. Not. Funny.

JimJamBonds
10-11-2010, 04:42 PM
The other thing I meant to say was apparently EVERYBODY from the CIA/NSA with the exception of Chuck, John, Sarah and Gretta are gone? Its all the nerds in the store? And also what about this, they put out a call for a pick up and the plane his hyjacked. So doesn't the bad guys now know about the Buy More??? Or are they just supposed to figure they were only using it as a one time pick up location?

I'm willing to look the other way on things but dang there are all kinds of holes in this season!

JediTricks
10-15-2010, 06:20 PM
The other thing I meant to say was apparently EVERYBODY from the CIA/NSA with the exception of Chuck, John, Sarah and Gretta are gone? Its all the nerds in the store? And also what about this, they put out a call for a pick up and the plane his hyjacked. So doesn't the bad guys now know about the Buy More??? Or are they just supposed to figure they were only using it as a one time pick up location?

I'm willing to look the other way on things but dang there are all kinds of holes in this season!
All true. No reasons either, just lazy.

Phantom-like Menace
10-19-2010, 11:05 AM
I enjoyed the latest episode. Everything from cheesy A-Team references on through to Morgan and Alex were pretty entertaining. Even Lester managed to amuse me once.

I especially liked Sarah and Chuck defusing the bomb. Sarcasm works for Sarah.

I think the biggest laugh for me though came when Morgan got shot and yelled causing the muscle to ask if there was a girl up there.

Ando
10-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Last night's episode was FANTASTIC!

I really enjoy Casey and Morgan's interaction. Morgan has really stepped up throughout the season and especially last night. Seeing the hairy little guy courageously risk his life for his friends (including Casey who at that point wanted nothing to do with him) was pretty awesome.

A little less Chuck and Sarah was an okay thing to see.

And the A-Team reference was great. Wonder if Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz might ever join other 80's action icons and make it onto the show in some capacity? That would be great.

Rocketboy
10-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Great news, Chuck was picked up for a full 24 episode order this season!

I find myself loving this show more and more every week, so I'm happy to see that NBC has some confidence in it, despite some ratings issues.

I was thinking that with the gradual introduction of the extended Bartowski clan, and the great pop culture moments and geek nods, wouldn't it be great of they brought in Stan Lee to cameo/guest star as Grandpa Bartowski?

Phantom-like Menace
10-20-2010, 01:36 AM
I'm happy to hear NBC has faith in the show. When it's good, it's very good. But the writers and producers really need to tighten up the show. They're kind of everywhere right up until the last two episodes or so of any given season now. And I don't just mean everywhere storywise; they're everywhere with quality too. It's like all the crew sit down just before the season, map out every detail of the last two episodes of the season, and then the rest of the season is just kind of marking time until they get to the only part they've actually put any planning into. I don't want to see the staff getting lazier if renewal is no big question mark for them.

I like the show. They've got geek-friendliness and an interesting enough concept. Their core cast of actors is terrific, to the point that I'd say they single-handedly save this show. And though the writing and production have proven themselves at times to be equal to that combination, the rest of the time, they just come up short. I don't think they happened to get lucky all those times, just that they get lazy the rest of the times.

JimJamBonds
10-20-2010, 06:40 AM
Great news, Chuck was picked up for a full 24 episode order this season!

Awesome news! Now lets hope people start watching it so we don't have to go through this dance again for next season.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Finally able to play catchup and this weeks episode was great. I too loved how Morgan was stepping it up and saving lives while risking his own. I always liked him as a geek, but it's great to see him more in a heroic compacity.

I also couldn't stop laughing at Chuck's "A-Team" reference and Morgan's reference from "An American Tail," both of which were HILARIOUS. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-27-2010, 04:50 PM
A pretty tepid episode up close even if mom finally showed up, the Aisle of Terror was a massive letdown, but Jeff's read on baby in a costume was HILARIOUS. That was easily the character's best moment for me.

JimJamBonds
10-27-2010, 10:14 PM
I thought Freddy taking Chuck to the Aisle of Terror was to obvious, and the ending was a let down. I figured the A.O.T. would have some really messed up stuff in it and not OTTERS!

Phantom-like Menace
10-28-2010, 12:28 AM
But you've got to love they went with the Robert Englund casting decision.

I recall liking some of the exchanges between Casey and Morgan, but I can't remember any specifics right now.

Rocketboy
10-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Robert Englund was wasted in this episode, especially in the Aisle of Terror - that was too much of a quick fix to warp things up.
The Aisle of Terror was funny when it involved Jeff and Lester though.

JimJamBonds
10-28-2010, 01:18 PM
But you've got to love they went with the Robert Englund casting decision.I agree.

Robert Englund was wasted in this episode, especially in the Aisle of Terror - that was too much of a quick fix to warp things up. Again I agree.

Phantom-like Menace
10-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Robert Englund was wasted in this episode, especially in the Aisle of Terror - that was too much of a quick fix to warp things up.

Again I agree.

I agree with his agreeing.

Phantom-like Menace
11-03-2010, 03:31 AM
Spoilers for this week's episode . . . .

I knew something was fishy, but I let myself overthink the Volkoff thing. I was buying that the show was poking fun at Timothy Dalton's turn as James Bond by having him portray a completely clueless spy. It wasn't until he threw himself in front of the bullet that I knew he was absolutely one of the bad guys, and I definitely didn't realize he was Volkoff.

I'm curious if the writers have yet decided whether or not Chuck's mom is an agent, double agent, triple agent, quadruple agent or what. Is Chuck de-Intersected again? Was it temporarily disabled? Is it a new version? Obviously the device under the seat of the Mustang is important, and likely Intersect related. If Chuck is de-Intersected, I assume that will re-Intersect him.

By mentioning the Mustang--especially the seats--is Chuck's mom doing her part of a joint Orion/Frost plan that would go into effect if Orion were killed? Or did the writers just do it for convenience? It seems weird Ellie would have absolutely no memory of the Mustang when reading a very specific article about it, but remember it so clearly after so little prompting from her mother. I mean, it's not impossible, but the magazine was pretty specific.

And was it just me, or did Morgan's behavior seem to exude dishonesty when he walked into the interrogation room? I don't know if it was just how the actor played the scene, but I knew he was legit, and still I couldn't help but feel like he was running a scam.

And one final complaint: an automatic! Really? Damn it, why have a classy old car like that and ruin it with automatic transmission?

JediTricks
11-03-2010, 04:31 AM
Still spoiler-talkin' here...

. . .

. .

I really loved this episode right up until the stupid-as-hell twist ending. Linda Hamilton was pretty good, and Timothy Dalton was downright brilliant as the bumbling handler. I actually thought to myself "I'm going to keep this episode if Dalton doesn't turn out to be Volkof!" and right up until the last 10 minutes, I was thrilled to have a Chuck to rewatch. Then it all fell to crap.

And why did Chuck's mom know about Chuck's dad having a PSP that went all Tron-liney and de-Intersected someone?

Totally agree that Ellie not remembering the car while reading about it OVER AND OVER in the classifieds was dopey. And yeah, Morgan talking to Chuck's mom totally felt like he was playing it dishonest, that was weird.

IMO, it makes sense for a family man to have an automatic transmission on a Mustang, they were 4-seaters after all, they were cheap and used a Falcon engine. That said, how old are these characters? If Morgan and Chuck are 29, then he was born around a year before Tron came out, 1981, and Ellie is only a little older than Chuck so she was born in the late '70s. Yet Chuck's mom and dad were together over a decade before that? Seems a little off for him to have ordered factory custom seats for a new '68 Mustang. And uh, how exactly did Ellie actually get this car anyway?

Still, a much better than usual episode marred only by a Chuck ending.

Phantom-like Menace
11-03-2010, 07:32 AM
IMO, it makes sense for a family man to have an automatic transmission on a Mustang, they were 4-seaters after all, they were cheap and used a Falcon engine.

I almost fell over laughing to see that you had a response to that point.

JimJamBonds
11-03-2010, 09:26 AM
I knew something was fishy, but I let myself overthink the Volkoff thing. I was buying that the show was poking fun at Timothy Dalton's turn as James Bond by having him portray a completely clueless spy. It wasn't until he threw himself in front of the bullet that I knew he was absolutely one of the bad guys, and I definitely didn't realize he was Volkoff.[QUOTE/]

I rather enjoyed the clueless handler, it never occured to me when he took that bullet for Chuck that something fishy was going on.

[QUOTE=PlM]I'm curious if the writers have yet decided whether or not Chuck's mom is an agent, double agent, triple agent, quadruple agent or what. Is Chuck de-Intersected again? Was it temporarily disabled? Is it a new version? Obviously the device under the seat of the Mustang is important, and likely Intersect related. If Chuck is de-Intersected, I assume that will re-Intersect him.

Yes he is no longer "intersected." I agree that I'm not sure if the writers really know what is going on. I kinda liked the idea of her being a baddie and was a bit disappointed when she gave Sarah the key to get out (of course Sarah and Chuck surviving WAS a good thing).

And why did Chuck's mom know about Chuck's dad having a PSP that went all Tron-liney and de-Intersected someone?

Yeah I saw that as well, all that 'old' equipment but a modern 'de-intersecter' machine?

OC47150
11-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Dalton makes a great bad guy. And even a better clueless handler. Didn't see the Volkoff twist coming.

In the Mustang defense, my dad's work car was a Corvair when I was little. He got rid of it after: 1) Ralph Nader called them deathmobiles; 2) parts were hard to get; and 3) my sister came along.

Rocketboy
11-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Nice to see Jayne and River reunited. I've been waiting for a Firefly cast member to guest star - I'm just disappointed it took three and a half seasons. I'm hoping for Alan Tudyk next, since I'm assuming Nathan Fillion won't be able to guest star due to Castle (and it being on a different network). And damn, Summer Glau looked amazing!

As for the main story, it was nice to get away from Volcov for a bit and have Chuck out there without his safety net, even if he had Rob "The 'POW!' guy from Step Brothers" Riggle with him.

Phantom-like Menace
11-17-2010, 12:49 AM
I'm kind of surprised Casey and Morgan were going after Greta more than Jeff and Lester. The whole thing was more their fault than hers. And now, Casey and Morgan might still have to deal with Lester and Jeff trying to blow the cover of the next Greta or some other agent. They should have worked that from another angle.

I got a pretty good laugh out of the testing when they gave Chuck a chocolate cookie or something and shocked him when he tried to eat it.

I did expect Chuck to finally flash, but I find myself figuring they'll wait until Sarah is in danger, then he'll flash. Though I'm more curious what the thing under the Mustang's seat is.

I like Alex and Morgan, so I would kind of hope when they have her in the show they at least have a moment between her and Morgan, not just her and Casey.

JimJamBonds
11-17-2010, 10:05 AM
I like the idea of Chuck not flashing at the end of the episode, as P-LM said its a nice change from the season long story they have been going on plus, it means a second episode away from Volkov.

I also liked the Gretta character finally doing something, if you're going to have these people guest star why not have them actually do something.

Casey and Morgan 'going after' Greta was the quick fix sure, but it allowed another C/D lister to show up in next weeks episode of Greta. Subpoint 2.0: I liked Lester pointing out that ever girl has been called Greta.

The Subway promo's were too much, yeah they put some $$$ into the show I get it, but come on lets take it down a notch or two.

Ando
11-17-2010, 11:38 AM
I was bummed to see "Rye" get killed but relieved that he was not a bad guy. I like Rob Riggle in everything he does, so it was cool to see him on Chuck.

I also have been enjoying all of the 80's/Spy Movie references (Timothy Dalton was my favorite James Bond) that this show offers up and over the weekend, my wife and I watched one of my FAVORITE spy movies ever: Hopscotch with Walter Mathau.

I know Walter Mathau's been gone for 10 years now, but it'd be fun to see them do a Hopscotch reference or two or even have Sam Waterson guest as Joe Cutter (his CIA character from Hopscotch).

Any other fans of the movie Hopscotch?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Nice to see Jayne and River reunited. I've been waiting for a Firefly cast member to guest star - I'm just disappointed it took three and a half seasons. I'm hoping for Alan Tudyk next, since I'm assuming Nathan Fillion won't be able to guest star due to Castle (and it being on a different network). And damn, Summer Glau looked amazing!

As for the main story, it was nice to get away from Volcov for a bit and have Chuck out there without his safety net, even if he had Rob "The 'POW!' guy from Step Brothers" Riggle with him.

I did have to laugh when Casey was talking to her and said something like, "I don't know the last crew you were with..." and it cut to her giving him a strange look. Nice little Firefly reference, no?

And yeah, Summer glau looked as hot as she's ever looked. And I thought the subway thing was pretty funny. Great episode though; Riggle was cracking me up. For a while I thought the whole Swiss operation was a cover to get the intersect back; glad to see I was wrong.

JimJamBonds
11-17-2010, 03:33 PM
I was bummed to see "Rye" get killed but relieved that he was not a bad guy. I like Rob Riggle in everything he does, so it was cool to see him on Chuck.Ehh, something about him just seemed a bit too much. In the words of Ivan Draggo "if he dies he dies."

I watched one of my FAVORITE spy movies ever: Hopscotch with Walter Mathau. Walter Mathau was in a spy movie!?!?!?!?! Is this a 'series' spy movie or a comedy?

Ando
11-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Walter Mathau was in a spy movie!?!?!?!?! Is this a 'series' spy movie or a comedy?

It's a delightful little comedy from 1980. Check it out, love it, thank me later.

Ned Beatty is also in it as his idiot boss.

Phantom-like Menace
11-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Casey and Morgan 'going after' Greta was the quick fix sure, but it allowed another C/D lister to show up in next weeks episode of Greta. Subpoint 2.0: I liked Lester pointing out that ever girl has been called Greta.

Gretas get replaced for no reason beyond the fact that it's Monday, otherwise we'd still have Olivia Munn.

The Subway promo's were too much, yeah they put some $$$ into the show I get it, but come on lets take it down a notch or two.

I can forgive a massive amount of product placement from Subway on this one. I have to admit, though, I keep meaning to stop at Subway at least once to get something to eat since they've been so good to the show, but I keep forgetting. Unfortunately I just don't like Subway, so I only remember to stop by while I'm watching the show.

Rocketboy
11-18-2010, 01:13 AM
I tend to stop at Subway on Mondays so I can keep with the tradition of buying Subway on Mondays to save Chuck after season 2.

JimJamBonds
11-24-2010, 09:11 PM
What was up with those "giant shemale" comments in this past episode?

Mad Slanted Powers
11-24-2010, 09:47 PM
What was up with those "giant shemale" comments in this past episode?

The locals were calling Sarah that because she was beating the crap out of everybody. To them, she was probably like an Amazon woman or something. Thus, later they didn't need to fight that whole group. They all ran off just based on the legend that had preceded her.

Phantom-like Menace
11-25-2010, 02:44 AM
I was really expecting Ellie to get Intersected for a moment there.

I'm surprised they're drawing out the suppressed Intersect thing. I'm still wondering if the computer Ellie and Awesome found is the key.

They definitely missed their chance to more strongly reference Rambo and have Sarah and the fighter dip their hands in glue and nails and stuff. I was kind of waiting for it.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-25-2010, 02:49 AM
I'm surprised they're drawing out the suppressed Intersect thing. I'm still wondering if the computer Ellie and Awesome found is the key.That is kind of what I have been thinking, but there must be something else as well by the reaction they had to whatever was on the screen.

JimJamBonds
11-25-2010, 09:49 AM
The locals were calling Sarah that because she was beating the crap out of everybody. To them, she was probably like an Amazon woman or something. Thus, later they didn't need to fight that whole group. They all ran off just based on the legend that had preceded her.

Ohh I know that, but its not like Sarah is tough on the eyes, I suppose their calling her that made all the more funny (although I didn't think it was that funny since they said it too many times).

They definitely missed their chance to more strongly reference Rambo and have Sarah and the fighter dip their hands in glue and nails and stuff. I was kind of waiting for it.

I was thinking more along the lines of Bloodsport, I expected the 'champion fighter' to be Frank Dux, which would make sense since they were fighting in the Kumite. :D

I'm surprised they're drawing out the suppressed Intersect thing. I'm still wondering if the computer Ellie and Awesome found is the key.So do you think they will get 'Intersected?' I was thinking that would happen but then again maybe not. Why would Ellie's dad knowingly Intersect his own daughter? Maybe it explains all those missing years, tells her who her mother was? I'm not sure so I'm just throwing out theories.

Rocketboy
11-25-2010, 10:01 AM
I highly doubt that Ellie and/or Awesome will get an Intersect, especially since she's pregnant.

I did like the Terminator reference by Linda Hamilton in next week's preview.

Phantom-like Menace
11-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Ohh I know that, but its not like Sarah is tough on the eyes, I suppose their calling her that made all the more funny (although I didn't think it was that funny since they said it too many times).

I just thought of it more as a story that grew in the telling. "She's hot" just doesn't fit in the narrative of the type of woman who would be able to accomplish the swath of destruction she cut through Thailand.

So do you think they will get 'Intersected?' I was thinking that would happen but then again maybe not. Why would Ellie's dad knowingly Intersect his own daughter? Maybe it explains all those missing years, tells her who her mother was? I'm not sure so I'm just throwing out theories.

No, it was just a stray thought. I briefly figured it might happen accidentally because of the attempts at breaking into the computer.

JEDIpartner
11-30-2010, 08:23 AM
"Come with me if you want to live."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Another great episode in what is surely (and sadly) the last season of this amazing show!

I was really hoping the baddies would've actually killed Jeff and Lester. That would've been awesome!!!

Rocketboy
11-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Another good episode.
The computer was exactly what I assumed it was.

Last night was only episode 10, so if this is Chuck's last season (and I REALLY hope not) then we've still got 14(!) more episodes to go.

What gives me hope that there will be another season is the fact that season 3 was not only saved by fans and given 13 episodes, but both seasons 3 and 4 were given additional episode orders of 6 and 11. NBC seems to have some sort of love for the show, moreso that they did for Heroes apparently.

Phantom-like Menace
11-30-2010, 11:17 AM
I thought the self defense course was amusing. I also liked the Die Hard stuff and the Terminator reference.

Glad to see Chuck's re-Intersected.

Ando
11-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Last night's episode was great!

Timothy Dalton was amazingly funny and creepy all at the same time.

Morgan's Die Hard reference was awesome, even though I saw it coming a mile away.

I hope this show will be around for a while, it's the best part of my Monday's after what is lately a rocky workday.

JimJamBonds
11-30-2010, 07:07 PM
I second the above comments. The self defense class was great, and Chuck using 'the move' and then telling Sarah "I don't have the intersect that was my one move!" was great. The Morgan/Die Hard thing was great although as said it came from a million miles away.

I really hope the show sticks around for a couple more seasons.

JediTricks
11-30-2010, 07:14 PM
I thought it was well set-up. It starts out with Morgan in his wife-beater relaxing his feet (not scrunching his toes into a carpet, but still). Then there was the breaking into the Buy More with the team, including the black hacker guy. Then there was the cutting through the big door. And all that was before Morgan ended up in the vent shaft and then onto the thumbtacks. There was so much Die Hard that I was disappointed they didn't take it even further towards the second half. How Morgan could tape it to his back upside-down made no sense though, but they couldn't actually have him pull a gun, I guess, the villain chick would have had to draw on him.

Ando
11-30-2010, 07:23 PM
I thought it was well set-up. It starts out with Morgan in his wife-beater relaxing his feet (not scrunching his toes into a carpet, but still). Then there was the breaking into the Buy More with the team, including the black hacker guy. Then there was the cutting through the big door. And all that was before Morgan ended up in the vent shaft and then onto the thumbtacks.

Agreed. It was obvious, but quite well done.

It was a nice follow-up/companion episode to the Christmas episode (last season?) with Reginald Vel Johnson as Al Powell, Big Mike's cousin.

JimJamBonds
12-01-2010, 11:51 AM
I thought that last weeks "Mad Doctor" Torsten Voges was in one of the Die Hard movies but after checking out his profile on IMDB (and finding out his name) I realised he wasn't in Die Hard, rather Adam Sandler made a joke about it in Funny People.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I too saw the Morgan/Die Hard thing coming from a mile away, but it was still funny.

I also thought the subway nod was almost too much, but I couldn't help but laugh at it. It's definitely tongue in cheek and isn't meant to be serious. A definite nod to fans of the show, IMHO.

and what's this last season talk?!?! You guys know something I don't/haven't read yet?!?!?

Phantom-like Menace
12-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I'd guess it's assumption, but the show can't have too many more lives in it to squeak by each time renewal comes up.

Rocketboy
12-01-2010, 01:11 PM
The big thought about this being a final season is the consistently slipping ratings. Chuck has been losing more than a million viewers every season.

Season 1 - 8.6 million viewers
Season 2 - 7.36 million viewers
Season 3 - 5.99 million viewers
Season 4 - The lower end of 5 million viewers so far.

Some speculated the only reason Chuck was renewed this year was because NBC needed to fill the void after the Jay Leno clusterf*ck left them with a lack of programming for the fall. And rather than try to find 5 new shows plus replacements for canceled series', they simple renewed Chuck because the show's ratings would have otherwise meant it was on the bubble of renewal, leaning toward cancellation.

Ando
12-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I thought that last weeks "Mad Doctor" Torsten Voges was in one of the Die Hard movies but after checking out his profile on IMDB (and finding out his name) I realised he wasn't in Die Hard, rather Adam Sandler made a joke about it in Funny People.

Now THAT is pretty funny. I remember him from the FP trailers, but I never saw the movie. Great reference to a reference!

JediTricks
12-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I thought that last weeks "Mad Doctor" Torsten Voges was in one of the Die Hard movies but after checking out his profile on IMDB (and finding out his name) I realised he wasn't in Die Hard, rather Adam Sandler made a joke about it in Funny People.Thank you! I knew it felt familiar to it but wasn't him.

Morgan seeing the asian dude with the machine gun also was another of those "so similar, but not him" things.

JimJamBonds
12-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I also thought the subway nod was almost too much, but I couldn't help but laugh at it. It's definitely tongue in cheek and isn't meant to be serious. A definite nod to fans of the show, IMHO.

That is funny because I thought this week's "Subway Plug" was 'about right.' At least it was compared to a couple of weeks ago when I thought it was way over the top.

Phantom-like Menace
01-19-2011, 12:56 AM
So a return of Chuck. Oddly, I've really been having some Chuck withdrawal lately.

It wasn't a terrible episode. I think my favorite line went to Lester when he told Jeff he had three fat girls to break up with. Everything else went straight to Morgan. I really enjoyed his handling of the sub-mission. "Earpiece: left pocket. Ring: right pocket. Breath mints: both pockets." I also liked his down-to-the minute planning of sunsets, full moons, etc., and the stainstick was really great remote wingmanning. I really wanted Morgan to have to tell Sarah where Chuck had the ring when she planted it back on him. Otherwise, Casey was pretty well in person with hating France. He definitely strikes me as someone who would still call french fries freedom fries.

JimJamBonds
01-19-2011, 11:01 AM
I've been a fan of Chuck since the get go, but for whatever reason I wasn't all that interested in watching the new episode on Monday night, I was actually more interested in watching the new episode of How I Met Your Mother. As P-lM said I didn't really care for it. My favorite line was Lester saying he had three dates and they were all 4's, to which Big Mike says "thats a 12!" and they fist bump. Also, as one of the few fans of Jeffster! I didn't really care for it, it went on way too long.

Ando
01-19-2011, 12:17 PM
We weren't all that into either. It was nice that Chuck was back, but being off the air for 6-7 weeks really killed the momentum for my wife and I.

We've been really getting into Human Target on Fox (don't tell Fox, or they'll cancel it like they do every show that I have ever really loved...), so going back to Chuck was a rough change of gears. HT is fun, but not overly jokey (I'd peg it somewhere in between 24 and Chuck). Anyways, this week's episode seemed especially goofy without being funny, almost like watching Jerry Lewis style shenanigans.

Next week's episode looks pretty good, tho.