PDA

View Full Version : Chuck

Pages : 1 2 [3]

JEDIpartner
01-19-2011, 11:20 AM
I am so sick of the Buy Morons and wish they'd stop spending so much time there unless it's actually integral to the plot of the episode that week.

I thought the episode was fine-- and then the last 15 minutes happened and I thought it was GREAT! I loved the way the General set Sarah up to get into Volkoff's organisation. That was awesome!!!

Ando
01-19-2011, 11:22 AM
I thought the episode was fine-- and then the last 15 minutes happened and I thought it was GREAT! I loved the way the General set Sarah up to get into Volkoff's organisation. That was awesome!!!

Okay, that WAS pretty slick.

JEDIpartner
01-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Sometimes the last bits of a show can save an otherwise pleasant, but largely "fine" episode. (or film... I'm talking to you Return of the Jedi!)

Rocketboy
01-19-2011, 02:25 PM
I liked the episode. It was nice to have Chuck back, but it felt like a filler episode just to get to the last few minutes.

I didn't understand the idea of them being undercover, yet constantly talking into their watches in public.

The Buy More stuff felt like sitcom-style episode padding, but it didn't bother me too much, since I typically like the "Buy Morons."

No blatant Subway ad?
Did the Tide Stain Pen replace it?

JimJamBonds
01-19-2011, 06:13 PM
As Sarah said something didn't feel right, while checking the time toward the end of the episode I figured there had to be something 'more' to happen. I guess this way they can drag out Chuck popping the question for a bit longer.

I didn't understand the idea of them being undercover, yet constantly talking into their watches in public.Yeah I noticed that as well, WTF?

I liked the two buck chuck line, as somebody who worked in the wine industry there are some huge cork dorks out there who would say that very thing.:D

Phantom-like Menace
01-19-2011, 11:40 PM
As P-lM said I didn't really care for it.

For the record, I said it wasn't a terrible episode. I neither particularly liked it nor disliked it.

JimJamBonds
01-20-2011, 09:45 PM
For the record, I said it wasn't a terrible episode. I neither particularly liked it nor disliked it.
My bad...well then I'll amend the quote...."As JJB said he (I) didn't care for it.":D

JediTricks
01-21-2011, 04:02 PM
For such a long break, having them come back and the Intersect is just working as normal, and Chuck is proposing, it felt offputting. Had this ep aired right after the last one, the momentum would have EASILY carried it and that could have been the break cliffhanger, but the way they left it I had forgotten about the dad's laptop, and forgotten how far along Chuck and Sarah were. So this one was pretty offputting, and then it was a rather bleh episode just by the sheer laziness of writing.

JimJamBonds
01-21-2011, 05:43 PM
For such a long break, having them come back and the Intersect is just working as normal, and Chuck is proposing, it felt offputting. Had this ep aired right after the last one, the momentum would have EASILY carried it and that could have been the break cliffhanger, but the way they left it I had forgotten about the dad's laptop, and forgotten how far along Chuck and Sarah were. So this one was pretty offputting, and then it was a rather bleh episode just by the sheer laziness of writing.
I was just about to say something along those lines, as far as we know this is Chuck's first time using the Intersect 3.0, while I don't think it should have been a major point of the episode I do think it could have at least been mentioned.

OC47150
01-23-2011, 06:34 PM

I agree. This would've been a more appropriate ep to have aired before the break. The proposal issue was just a little too heavy, IMO. Yeah, it's gonna happen but it can wait a tad longer.

Loved Lester singing to the girl.

I also read where there's talk of season 5 already.

Rocketboy
01-25-2011, 01:09 PM
At the beginning of this week, they mention that Walker has been gone for a few weeks, so I get the feeling that last week was supposed to be the mid-season break.

Volkov seems to trust Walker a little too quickly. I did like the semi-twist with Casey at the end. It caught me off guard.
Can't wait for next week, looks good!

And there was that damn talking to the watch thing in public again (well, in front of prisoners anyway).

JimJamBonds
01-25-2011, 06:49 PM
I thought it was a good episode, much better then last weeks. However, so Sarah is gone for a couple of weeks and dyes her hair and Chuck can't "get over how different she looks." Dude, its dark hair that is it! Its not cut or anything just dark. She didn't lose a limb or an eye or anything its just dark. Sack up dude!

JEDIpartner
01-26-2011, 10:30 AM
You're forgetting that fabulous Emma Peel inspired outfit!!!!

JimJamBonds
01-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Believe me JP, I DID NOT forget that! :thumbsup:

Phantom-like Menace
01-27-2011, 08:46 AM
I thought Sarah's Emma Peel look was nice, but Alex in the Back to the Future T-shirt . . . wow!:whip:

JEDIpartner
01-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Alex was equally hot... but in a girl-next-door kind of way.

Even though I'm gay, I totally know that these girls are HOT!

Phantom-like Menace
01-28-2011, 07:00 AM
I love girl-next-door cuteness. I've read that actress has done a lot of dance in the past, which I guess is where she got those legs.

I suppose I could comment a bit about the rest of the episode.

I'm probably the only person who really enjoyed the stuff with the guards. I kind of liked the way they stuck to dialogue that implied they were going to kill him when I figured they were just going to knock him out. Then, Casey gave that speech about interfering and held up the torch, and I was still thinking they'd just knock him out. The cake was so far outside of what I expected by that time that it tickled me. I even laughed at the other guards. "What's going on in here . . ? No one told us there was cake!"

I did actually like the way they did the ending with Chuck not knowing that Casey and Sarah had planned for Casey to easily take the fall.

And I definitely agree they probably planned to have this be the first episode after the holiday break.

JEDIpartner
02-01-2011, 03:38 PM
So... that was the intended potential season/series based on the network's initial order. I totally see it working as such. I really hope that Jeffster goes away soon. That made the whole hospital/delivery room scene insufferable. I love 80s music, but those two just make me cringe.

Anyhow, I was surprised that they didn't stretch the Sarah working with Volkoff thing a bit longer since episodes could've easily been inserted before last night's episode. Still, it was a nice place to have all of the characters landing even if it did seem a bit rushed.

I'm looking forward to how the rest of the season will play out now that Chuck's popped the question. Will we see a Chuck and Sarah wedding in the event that the series doesn't get picked up for another season? I'd assume they'd put that at the end of this season.

BTW... does anyone know when they will start releasing any renewal info?

Rocketboy
02-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Loved the episode. It never occurred to me that this could have been the season/series finale. Too bad Big Mike wasn't in it.

95% of the episode worked for me.
I like Jeffster, but the whole broadcast in the hospital was a bit too much. All a hospital worker had to do was flip a switch, but no, everyone had to stand around and wait for security. WTF? That being said, if it were to be the finale, then it would have been Jeffster's big send-off.

Rocketboy
02-02-2011, 12:33 AM
BTW... does anyone know when they will start releasing any renewal info?Interview with Fedak and Schwartz (http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/spoiler-alert-chuck-bosses-on-volkoffs-return-a-chucksarah-wedding-and-season-5/)
They talk about Monday's episode and what's coming up for the rest of the season.

TVLINE | How are you feeling about your chances for a fifth season?
SCHWARTZ : It’s a nail-biter. Chuck fans are going to have to dig down deep and rally once again.

Also, make your own Nerd Herd badge (http://chuck.nbcagencywc3.com/badge/chuckBadge.php)!

OC47150
02-02-2011, 07:30 PM

Emma Peel. Ahhh.

Was Ellie's pregnancy the quickest pregnancy on TV? I'd expected the baby in the May sweeps, not February! The Jeffester scene was great.

JimJamBonds
02-04-2011, 06:48 PM
I don't know if it was the quickest but 5 months has to be 'up there' for one of the quickest.

sith_killer_99
02-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Elope, Sarah's family, why didn't I see that or put it together sooner? I guess I'm just thick, like Chuck.

Oh well, looking forward to next week's episode.

JimJamBonds
02-07-2011, 10:09 PM
"Beckman was a dirty blond!?!?!" Probably the best line, although she didn't look good as a blond. I thought it was a good ep, although the rocket launcher bit was a bit much.

Phantom-like Menace
02-08-2011, 09:03 AM
There were a few good lines in this one. I especially liked when Chuck said he was trying to seduce Sarah but clearly not doing as well. Great outfit, though.

I'm definitely game if the stuff with Sarah's family means Gary Cole comes back.

JimJamBonds
02-08-2011, 02:31 PM
I forgot to say that the use of "Winds of Change" by the Scorp's during the 'Berlin scene' was brilliant! Excellent work in post production.

OC47150
02-09-2011, 07:28 PM
"Beckman was a dirty blond!?!?!" Probably the best line, although she didn't look good as a blond. I thought it was a good ep, although the rocket launcher bit was a bit much.

Beckman in the field! That's different.

Phantom-like Menace
02-16-2011, 12:35 AM
I'm finding this season of Chuck at least as enjoyable as Season 2, though not as enjoyable as Season 1. It's made up a lot of ground for me after a lot of missteps.

The Charlie's Angels reference was obvious, but the fact that Chuck qualifies as a Charlie was a little more subtle. A hot, naked chick covered in Star Wars sheets is great, but I still preferred the cute girl wearing a Back to the Future t-shirt.

The Alex/Morgan thing felt a little forced to me, but I guess it's all well because it ended well.

No Buy Morons! But no Awesome, and no Mrs. Bartowski, so the engagement party seemed a little weird with neither them nor any explanation as to why they're not there.

Rocketboy
02-16-2011, 10:26 AM
I really enjoyed the episode.
I also thought it was weird to not have Awesome or Mrs. Bartowski at the party. Maybe they were there and just off-camera in every shot :)

SPOILERS BELOW

The traitor was pretty obvious from the start.
Years of tv watching has taught me that the suspected one that appears guilty through most of the episode is innocent.
It wasn't going to be Corrina - based on her history she could/would have turned on Sarah in the past.
That left the only one left - the blond with the huge rack.

JimJamBonds
02-16-2011, 12:50 PM
I was thinking it'd be Corrina, yeah she could have turned in Sarah in the past but this would have been a chance to get the whole Cat crew in one swipe. (yes I used the word swipe as a reference to cats)

Anywho, I liked this episode.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Normally I don't figure those things out, but I suspected her from the beginning.

JimJamBonds
02-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Sarah grabbing Han and Chewie and making howling sounds = awesome!

Phantom-like Menace
02-23-2011, 12:09 AM
I was liking this episode right up until Morgan started moving out. After that point, the episode just largely felt slapped together.

Rocketboy
02-23-2011, 01:09 AM
The only part I didn't like was the Awesome and Ellie parts - the baby that won't stop crying has been done to death.

JEDIpartner
02-23-2011, 08:16 AM
I enjoyed the bulk of the episode and I kinda get what they were trying to do by drawing parallels with Morgan and Casey leaving the familiar behind. Still, here's the thing with Morgan: Morgan moved in with Chuck when Ellie and Devon got a new place, so it's not like Morgan and Chuck lived together since high school or anything. It's really only been, what... a year?

JimJamBonds
02-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Still, here's the thing with Morgan: Morgan moved in with Chuck when Ellie and Devon got a new place, so it's not like Morgan and Chuck lived together since high school or anything. It's really only been, what... a year?The other thing with Morgan and his "I need to grow up" was isn't Morgan 'growing up' already? He is the manager of the Buy More no longer a stooge in a green shirt. Say what you want about the place he works at, he is in charge of that sucker. Also, he will grow up by moving back home? Wha?!?!

Phantom-like Menace
02-24-2011, 12:03 AM
Can't agree more with the Morgan points. It really doesn't make any sense and came off like the writers had no idea where they were coming from or going with the idea.

JEDIpartner
03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Related to Chuck: Was watching an episode of Human Target ("Embassy Row") the other night and there was a character by the name of "Alexei Volkov" (not "Alexei Volkoff") in it. Funny that both shows are done by Wonderland Productions and Warner Brothers do both shows...

Phantom-like Menace
03-03-2011, 12:11 AM
So the Morgan stuff is getting even worse. He doesn't want to live with Chuck and Sarah, because it feels like he's living with Mom and Dad, so he moves in with . . . his mother. Then he doesn't like that, so he moves in with . . . his girlfriend's father.

Vivian turned too quickly and too easily. I would think one of the qualities a Volkoff caliber personality should have is a certain conviction about one's principles and some notion of when one is being played.

I didn't mind the episode otherwise, though it was kind of sloppy to let the bank manager (Pierre Chang!) see Volkoff's head of security robbing the bank. It was kind of fun watching them have fun robbing the bank, though.

OC47150
03-03-2011, 06:55 PM
So the Morgan stuff is getting even worse. He doesn't want to live with Chuck and Sarah, because it feels like he's living with Mom and Dad, so he moves in with . . . his mother. Then he doesn't like that, so he moves in with . . . his girlfriend's father.

Vivian turned too quickly and too easily. I would think one of the qualities a Volkoff caliber personality should have is a certain conviction about one's principles and some notion of when one is being played.

I didn't mind the episode otherwise, though it was kind of sloppy to let the bank manager (Pierre Chang!) see Volkoff's head of security robbing the bank. It was kind of fun watching them have fun robbing the bank, though.

It's almost like the writers don't know what to do with Morgan.

I agree with Vivian turning too quickly. There's a bad guy vaccum on the show, but Volkoff's daughter possibly filling that void is just too easy.

I thought the bank robbery was a nice tip of the hat to the Matrix.

Phantom-like Menace
03-03-2011, 11:30 PM
It's almost like the writers don't know what to do with Morgan.

And the shame of it is, he's been given some of his best stuff this season. He should be on the other end of the headsets from Chuck and Sarah and getting them out of tough situations, not making a series of contradictory moves toward no apparent goal.

I thought the bank robbery was a nice tip of the hat to the Matrix.

Yeah, I noticed that. It's always entertaining when they do those homages correctly.

JimJamBonds
03-16-2011, 11:43 AM
So the two new Intersects apparently had no critical thinking ability. When Gretta shot the guy which set the timer on the bomb and Chuck said he could defuse it I thought it'd have something to do with his Buy More work experience. But instead he used the intersect and thought things through which I guess the two Gretta's couldn't even do. WTF?!?!

JediTricks
03-16-2011, 03:29 PM
So the two new Intersects apparently had no critical thinking ability. When Gretta shot the guy which set the timer on the bomb and Chuck said he could defuse it I thought it'd have something to do with his Buy More work experience. But instead he used the intersect and thought things through which I guess the two Gretta's couldn't even do. WTF?!?!The power of very bad writing! That was one of the single worst episodes they've done, IMO. And fruit juice doesn't have anywhere near those levels of sodium, and even the level of sodium they showed wouldn't be anywhere near salty enough to be seen as salt water.

Oh, and I thought the laptop only worked on certain brain chemistry, not just any old head. And how exactly is it US government property?

JimJamBonds
03-17-2011, 07:31 PM
And fruit juice doesn't have anywhere near those levels of sodium, and even the level of sodium they showed wouldn't be anywhere near salty enough to be seen as salt water.Yeah that was quite the stretch.

Oh, and I thought the laptop only worked on certain brain chemistry, not just any old head.Well there have been a bunch of Greta's so in theory these are the only two that it works on.
And how exactly is it US government property?Imminent domain? (tongue in cheek) Its theirs because they say it is theirs.

Rocketboy
03-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Looks like the show runners are really counting on a season 5, as they've titled the season finale...
Even though I don't think its spoilery, the text is below in white...just in case.

Chuck Vs. The Cliffhanger

Ando
03-18-2011, 12:42 PM
I think it would have made for better TV (and been a better analog to sea water) if Chuck, Casey, and the Old Spice Guy had just taken a wiz on the nuke instead of dousing it with apple juice.

Rocketboy
03-18-2011, 06:57 PM
i think it would have made for better tv (and been a better analog to sea water) if chuck, casey, and the old spice guy had just taken a wiz on the nuke instead of dousing it with apple juice.Swordfight!

(or "Don't cross the streams!")

JimJamBonds
03-18-2011, 07:21 PM
One other thing I forgot to mention earlier, I thought the show Bones was bad with its "not so subtle product placement" but WOW, Mondays episode blew that out of the water!

Ando
03-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Are you referring to the over the top "car ad"?

My wife and I watch White Collar and they've got a deal with Ford, featuring the Taurus and Fusion, and we thought THEY were bad.

JediTricks
03-21-2011, 01:49 PM

My wife and I watch White Collar and they've got a deal with Ford, featuring the Taurus and Fusion, and we thought THEY were bad.Yeah, White Collar is pretty egregious about that, but seems like these shows are getting too blatant with it the past few months.

sith_killer_99
03-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Well, I have to admit, I laughed at the Subway placement when Big Mike walked in towards the end.

JEDIpartner
03-22-2011, 12:48 PM
It looks like Chuck is likely to get a fifth and final season so NBC can sell it for syndication.

Again, the Buy More scenes ruined the episode. There was such a great tension when they were stuck in Castle even when they cut to Ellie and Awesome, which also carried some good tension.

JimJamBonds
03-22-2011, 01:52 PM

My wife and I watch White Collar and they've got a deal with Ford, featuring the Taurus and Fusion, and we thought THEY were bad.Yup, I was talking about the add for Toyota. I'm not familiar with White Collar but I'm not suprised.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Where you seeing this info JP? I've seen nothing but articles saying how the show could be in danger/is on the bubble.

JEDIpartner
03-23-2011, 03:17 PM
My partner is e-mail buddies with Matt Rousch and he gets all sorts of insider info on the shows he and Rousch discuss in their e-mails. Shortly after they chatted about it, it appeared in one of his articles.

Phantom-like Menace
03-23-2011, 11:49 PM
So the two new Intersects apparently had no critical thinking ability. When Gretta shot the guy which set the timer on the bomb and Chuck said he could defuse it I thought it'd have something to do with his Buy More work experience. But instead he used the intersect and thought things through which I guess the two Gretta's couldn't even do. WTF?!?!

Oh, and I thought the laptop only worked on certain brain chemistry, not just any old head. And how exactly is it US government property?

They didn't say it directly, but the problems the Grettas had with the Intersect could easily be explained by the fact that it wasn't meant for them. They were close enough for part of the Intersect to take hold, but not close enough for them to use it effectively. They said as much at the end of the episode when Mike Tyson's ex told us she needed a Bartowski.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-25-2011, 08:23 PM
I thought it was kind of funny when they said Chuck was in charge. Perhaps it was a reference to Charles in Charge.

Phantom-like Menace
03-28-2011, 01:26 AM
There was a very minor Ghostbusters reference when Lester had Jeff try to guess what card he was holding up. It was a couple of wavy lines, just like at the beginning of the movie when Venkman is testing the college students.

OC47150
03-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Got a kick out of the Subway reference. Just like your momma!

I thought for a second there was going to be roasted Kevin Bacon! : D

JediTricks
03-30-2011, 11:07 AM
I hope that was a Ghostbusters reference and not merely an incidental setup for the clairvoyant "CIA" writing later.

JimJamBonds
03-31-2011, 09:54 PM
I hope that was a Ghostbusters reference and not merely an incidental setup for the clairvoyant "CIA" writing later.
Lets hope.

JEDIpartner
04-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Last night's episode actually did something to move the story forward a bit. I have a feeling that the show's status of always being on the bubble prevents it from being as good as it could be.

Ando
04-12-2011, 10:36 AM
I have a feeling that the show's status of always being on the bubble prevents it from being as good as it could be.

Sort of like playing not to lose instead of playing to win?

Last night's episode was actually pretty good. Just the right amount of silly and a much appreciated break from Jeffster.

JEDIpartner
04-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Exactly that, Ando.

I really enjoyed last night's episode. It's always nice to see Linda Hamilton on the show. I like that Ellie is starting to keep her own secrets and that the general is trying to keep Ellie on the "project". I thought this one was one of the better episodes in the second half of the season.

And, yes, it's always nice to get a break from Jeffster... 'cos I frankly can't stand them anymore.

Phantom-like Menace
04-14-2011, 12:55 AM
I enjoyed the weird Morgan/Casey stuff, and it's always nice to see Alex.

The big problem I had with the episode was the prenup stuff. As the show seems to do a lot this season, it seemed just kind of thrown in to make a problem out of nothing. Sarah came off as a *****. She knew going in Chuck would have a problem with the idea of a prenup, and she knew going in Chuck would want to talk about it, but she just sprang it on him. Hell, even she had a problem with it. Then she gets ****y when Chuck pulled out his vaguely awkward fake prenup. Way to make it seem like Chuck went too easy on you for legitimately drafting a prenup in the most crass way possible at the beginning of the show!

I'm still not buying Volkoff's daughter as a double-crossing, kill-'em-all baddie. Anakin's fall was more convincing . . . way more convincing, and that's saying a lot.

Product placement this week stepped up. We got a Lotus Evora. Kind of a weird car to randomly pick for a spy meeting but cooler than a minivan.

Ando
04-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Product placement this week stepped up. We got a Lotus Evora. Kind of a weird car to randomly pick for a spy meeting but cooler than a minivan.

Wasn't that Shaw's old car? Or was he (Shaw) driving a black Tesla when he kidnapped Sarah?

JimJamBonds
04-14-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm still not buying Volkoff's daughter as a double-crossing, kill-'em-all baddie. Anakin's fall was more convincing . . . way more convincing, and that's saying a lot.
Same here, that just doesn't "feel right."[QUOTe]
Product placement this week stepped up. We got a Lotus Evora. Kind of a weird car to randomly pick for a spy meeting but cooler than a minivan.Didn't they also do something with Windows as well?

Wasn't that Shaw's old car? Or was he (Shaw) driving a black Tesla when he kidnapped Sarah? I believe he had a Tesla.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Didn't they also do something with Windows as well?
I think this is at least twice that they have referenced a "Sky Drive" on the show.

Phantom-like Menace
04-15-2011, 01:21 AM
Wasn't that Shaw's old car? Or was he (Shaw) driving a black Tesla when he kidnapped Sarah?

Easy enough mistake to make. The Tesla was based on the Lotus Elise, and the Lotus Evora can easily be mistaken at a glance for a Tesla.

JimJamBonds
04-15-2011, 06:22 AM
I think this is at least twice that they have referenced a "Sky Drive" on the show.Yup thats it, I know they've done the same thing on Bones once as well.

JEDIpartner
04-20-2011, 03:25 PM
This past week's episode had me laughing on the floor! This was an episode where I felt the domestic dealings of Chuck and Sarah worked beautifully.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Yeah, Sarah's impression of Chuck was hilarious. I really couldn't stop laughing during that scene; even Levi looked like he was trying not to laugh.

JimJamBonds
04-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Yeah, Sarah's impression of Chuck was hilarious. I really couldn't stop laughing during that scene; even Levi looked like he was trying not to laugh.That was great! Didn't she say something like "it looks like you've bit into a lemon" or something along those lines?

JEDIpartner
05-04-2011, 12:51 PM
This week's episode was... just OK. They spent too much time with the stupid Las Vecas thing and the Buy More people. The actual story was fine outside of that, but you had to endure about 20 minutes of stupid and pointless to get to "Volkoff is Hartley and Papa Bartowski is responsible for that whole mess", which is really cool.

Ando
05-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Great episode (other than the Buy Morons)! If they'd kept Jeff, Lester, and Big Mike contained to the Las Vecas part of the episode and not continued their story by sending them to Reneaux (kinda funny, btw), it would have been a lot better.

I had a feeling that Volkoff was Agent X, especially when they revealed that he was from England.

The only thing I need to see is Chuck starting to grow more confident with himself and the Intersect 2.0 instead of shrieking like a girl whenever there's trouble, similar to when he casually showed Ellie at Castle how the I 2.0 works. Maybe they plan on getting him there eventually, but it always seems like 1 step forward, 1 step back, similar to his relationship to Sarah. He never seems confident enough to relax into either. Not to be confused with being complacent, btw, just accept that this is what it is.

JimJamBonds
05-04-2011, 10:32 PM
In the past I've pointed out their not so subtle product placement but I had to laugh after Big Mike talked about how great his Toyota was saying "this is a practical car" (or something like that) and Jeff after checking out the interior said "this IS a practical car." Made me laugh!

JEDIpartner
05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
"Imperial March"... nice.

OC47150
05-10-2011, 06:31 PM
I liked the SW, Terminator and Bond references.

Good ep.

JimJamBonds
05-11-2011, 08:27 AM
"Imperial March"... nice.Yup, some nice SW references.

JEDIpartner
05-11-2011, 12:10 PM
I still hated the Buy More parts. They really drag the show down for me.

OC47150
05-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Nip slips...of Chuck. I laughed so hard.

And who knew Jeff could be a softy?

Phantom-like Menace
05-12-2011, 09:53 AM
I was worried that was going to be the cliffhanger, but there is apparently one more episode. The Imperial March was all good. Great Morgan moment.

OC47150
05-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Take it for what it's worth.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/20519/nbc-renewing-chuck-gets-four-new-series

JEDIpartner
05-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Good conclusion to an otherwise uneven season. This year mirrored the Clone Wars in that the second half was much more interesting and better than the first half. I'm glad they ended the CIA portion of the show. I don't think they could've gone much further with it. Since the show is going into its final season with 13 episodes, they can properly create a good story arc and conclude it without any loose ends.

Ando
05-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Agreed. It was just starting to feel like its old self again and now the season is over.

Any thoughts on what happened to Morgan at the very end? (Out of respect to people who haven't seen the episode, I won't say what happened, but he's just fine...)

I hope they explore the things that Richard Burgi's character alluded when Chuck was in Castle after it had been stripped. It'd be interesting to see who/what was behind it all.

I also hope Hartley makes more appearances. It was nice to see him turn out to be a good guy.

Last thought: Does anybody else here think that Stephen Bartowski is still alive?

JEDIpartner
05-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Linda Hamilton is begging the writers to make her a regular in the final season. Apparently, she is having a lot of fun on this show and doesn't want it to end for her just yet.

I'm wondering if what Morgan experienced can be shared or if it is his alone.

Richard Burgi always plays that grinning bad guy and he plays it so well. I find myself just wanting to smack that goof up side the head a few times. LOL

I DO think that Papa B is still alive. I don't know why, but I just do. I enjoyed Chuck's little "oh, boy..." in the back of the limo as it was a definite nod to Bakula's Sam Beckett character on Quantum Leap. If you recall, Sam often said that the moment he realised what body or situation he had just leapt into.

Ando
05-17-2011, 10:54 AM
I definitely think Linda Hamilton should stick around! It's been fun to see her in action again.

Coincidentally, the episode of Firefly that Richard Burgi guest starred on happened to be aired on Sunday night on The Science Channel. He ALWAYS plays those bad guys parts well (24, especially, comes to mind).

I was kind of hoping that the limo driver would have been Papa B instead of Morgan, but oh well.

JEDIpartner
05-17-2011, 11:32 AM
I was kind of hoping that the limo driver would have been Papa B instead of Morgan, but oh well.

Me too!!!!

mtriv73
05-17-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm glad they're picking up Chuck for a final season. ABC cancelled the only other 2 shows I watched regularly on broadcast television, Mr. Sunshine and V.

JimJamBonds
05-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Any thoughts on what happened to Morgan at the very end? (Out of respect to people who haven't seen the episode, I won't say what happened, but he's just fine...)

I'm wondering if what Morgan experienced can be shared or if it is his alone.
Morgan's been "intersected" plain and simple, the question is did those glasses lose their 'life' or can Chuck put them on and be intersected as well?

I'm not so sure about this "A-Team" style business for the next season. I'll watch it of course but something about that just doesn't sit right with me.

Phantom-like Menace
05-18-2011, 09:35 AM
The Bartowski wedding at 4pm on the sign after the funeral announcement was oddly amusing.

"That guy might think he's a hardass, but I'm the Intersect!" ****ing right, Chuck!

I really liked two of Casey's reactions: "Russians. So many Russians." And the way his eyes lit up when Chuck mebtioned they'd be rearming Castle.

Volkoff's assets adding up to under a billion dollars seemed pretty low. Does their getting all of Volkoff's assets include all of his agents too? I'm picturing like on Angel when the gang took over Wolfram and Hart and had to clean house. Actually, that could easily be a problem they'll face next season. They'll have a bunch of potential enemies who know more about their operations than they do.

Not a fan of what they seem to have done with Morgan. And Chuck seriously needs to be Intersected again. I've not liked it any time he's been de-Intersected, and this time is no different.

Ando
05-18-2011, 10:10 AM
My interpretation of "All of Volkoff's assets" is that it means "liquid assets" and that Volkoff cashed out, kept enough to live on indefinitely (for him and Vivian) and turned the rest over to Team Chuck.

I for one am excited to see where they go with this new storyline. I think they have a nice end game story (tracking down the conspiracy that Richard Burgi's character, Decker, alluded to)to pursue that would allow them to wrap up the show if they happen to get cancelled now that NBC has moved them to Friday which as we all know is Prime Time Wasteland these days.

Anybody else think Decker is an allusion to the A-Team or just a happy coincidence?

JimJamBonds
05-18-2011, 06:38 PM
... now that NBC has moved them to Friday which as we all know is Prime Time Wasteland these days.
Is that a confirmed thing? Man, they'll really have crappy ratings this season then.

Anybody else think Decker is an allusion to the A-Team or just a happy coincidence?
I'm not sure about that but the whole "we'll do our own thing" seemed very A-Teamish to me.

Ando
05-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Yep, and it's gonna be the final season, according to this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/post/nbc-re-discovers-women-in-new-primetime-schedule/2011/05/13/AFZKdJ4G_blog.html

Hopefully they pull a "Letterman" and go out with a real bang (or 13 as the case may be) and play to win instead of trying to play it safe.

(According to legend, Dave's first show, a morning show, got BETTER once he found out he was cancelled).

Mad Slanted Powers
05-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Friday which as we all know is Prime Time Wasteland these days.Friday has been a busy TV night for me this season: Smallville, Supernatural, Fringe, Clone Wars, and I also watched Portlandia when it was on for its short run.

Phantom-like Menace
05-19-2011, 01:52 AM
My interpretation of "All of Volkoff's assets" is that it means "liquid assets" and that Volkoff cashed out, kept enough to live on indefinitely (for him and Vivian) and turned the rest over to Team Chuck.

Maybe if it were what Volkoff could get in cash on short notice I could accept it, but if he pretty much just turned over bank accounts, I'd expect well into the billions. As powerful as Volkoff was he sounds now like he could barely buy in to a poker game with Bill Gates. And if he only gave Team Chuck a small part of a greater fortune, why such a specific number? Chuck rounded up to a billion, and I couldn't see why Volkoff wouldn't too.

You guys are really seeing an A-Team parallel here? Aside from being government trained and on their own, which almost any mercenary in history has had in common, I don't really see a connection.

Ando
05-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Friday has been a busy TV night for me this season: Smallville, Supernatural, Fringe, Clone Wars, and I also watched Portlandia when it was on for its short run.

Ugh... Portlandia. The first episode was half funny, but much like the city of Portland itself, the series went from mildly amusing to pretty annoying and full of itself fairly quickly.

Ando
05-19-2011, 10:23 AM
You guys are really seeing an A-Team parallel here?

Yes. Yes I do.

I imagine Decker will pop up again and again in the season 5 (chasing them, no doubt) and I would be willing to bet that they have a van or some sort of team vehicle that resembles the van in some way (color scheme or some sort of wink at the old show) when they start back up in the fall (or spring).

And I would venture a guess that they make at least 1 obvious A-Team reference.

JEDIpartner
05-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Fringe's numbers went up when they went to Friday. X-Files did better on Fridays than when they moved to Sundays.

JimJamBonds
05-19-2011, 05:22 PM
I imagine Decker will pop up again and again in the season 5 (chasing them, no doubt) and I would be willing to bet that they have a van or some sort of team vehicle that resembles the van in some way (color scheme or some sort of wink at the old show) when they start back up in the fall (or spring).

And I would venture a guess that they make at least 1 obvious A-Team reference.Yeah it looks like we know the story arc for this coming season.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Ugh... Portlandia. The first episode was half funny, but much like the city of Portland itself, the series went from mildly amusing to pretty annoying and full of itself fairly quickly.It was kind of hit and miss for me. It's not exactly my style of humor, but I like Fred on SNL, and the band Carrie was in, Sleater-Kinney.

Phantom-like Menace
05-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Yes. Yes I do.

I was kind of hoping you'd elaborate.

JimJamBonds
05-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Ugh... Portlandia. The first episode was half funny, but much like the city of Portland itself, the series went from mildly amusing to pretty annoying and full of itself fairly quickly.I couldn't even make it through the first episode, I remember the opening skit was pretty decent. And they once had a skit making fun of the whole organic business. which I found pretty funny.

JimJamBonds
05-22-2011, 04:13 PM
JP, I don't think you'd like this show! http://www.laughstub.com/improv/buy.cfm?id=83618

JEDIpartner
06-07-2011, 09:47 AM
JP, I don't think you'd like this show! http://www.laughstub.com/improv/buy.cfm?id=83618

HAHAHAHA!!! I might like that show! I didn't say I had anything against the actors who play those characters; I just don't like those characters or their involvement in the needless B-story that is clumsily inserted into the show each week.

JediTricks
07-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Chuck will be getting a season 5, and it will be the show's final season. This according to the SDCC panel listing about it, the WOEFULLY BRIEF panel. 45 minutes to Q&A, show a video, and say goodbye. That panel should be twice as long, but Terra Nova has to be shown (since it'll be canceled fairly soon afterwards, what with it being a super expensive show on Fox).

OC47150
07-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Chuck will be getting a season 5, and it will be the show's final season. This according to the SDCC panel listing about it, the WOEFULLY BRIEF panel. 45 minutes to Q&A, show a video, and say goodbye. That panel should be twice as long, but Terra Nova has to be shown (since it'll be canceled fairly soon afterwards, what with it being a super expensive show on Fox).

LOL.

I finally watched the last ep of Chuck. If it hadn't been renewed, it was a good wrapup.

I have to agree with you on Terra Nova. I will tune in but it won't last long.

JimJamBonds
11-01-2011, 03:02 AM
Where did Chuck go bad? I watched the season premire and it just seemed..... kinda....meh. It was still good but seemed off for some reason? Also, if I remember didn't Chuck get something like 700 million from Volkof and we're to believe that they've burned through all of that already? I understand it'd cost money to set things up but they are completly tapped.... ALREADY?!?!?

Mad Slanted Powers
11-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Where did Chuck go bad? I watched the season premire and it just seemed..... kinda....meh. It was still good but seemed off for some reason? Also, if I remember didn't Chuck get something like 700 million from Volkof and we're to believe that they've burned through all of that already? I understand it'd cost money to set things up but they are completly tapped.... ALREADY?!?!?I believe it was tied up in that deal where they were trying to get all of that guy's money, but they lost it.

JEDIpartner
11-01-2011, 01:43 PM
It wasn't tied up, rather their accounts were compromised when they were trying to access Craig Kilborne's character's accounts. The CIA hacked into their accounts and stole their cash. This sorta establishes the CIA's Decker as their new nemesis for the final season.

I thought the opener was OK as well, but it was better than the majority of the god awful new shows that debuted this season. YIKES!

Poor Mark Hamill... when did he get so rotund? :worked_till_5am:

Mad Slanted Powers
11-01-2011, 06:48 PM
It wasn't tied up, rather their accounts were compromised when they were trying to access Craig Kilborne's character's accounts. The CIA hacked into their accounts and stole their cash. This sorta establishes the CIA's Decker as their new nemesis for the final season.

I thought the opener was OK as well, but it was better than the majority of the god awful new shows that debuted this season. YIKES!

Poor Mark Hamill... when did he get so rotund? :worked_till_5am:Yes, I knew it was something like that with how they lost the money. As far as Mark Hamill goes, I didn't even recognize him. I saw his name in the on-screen guide program description, and kept waiting for him to show up, then realized he must have been one of the guys in the beginning.

Ando
11-01-2011, 06:55 PM
It took me a minute to recognize him, too. WOW he got puffy!

Phantom-like Menace
11-03-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm going to have to watch again just to remember to look for Mark Hamill.

As I recall, Chuck and company were lamenting their financial situation well before Decker's move tapped them completely. Am I correct in thinking Sarah said they only had forty-some million dollars left? The money issue is still bugging me, and I don't think the writers know what to do with it. The initial number seemed low to me for what they were trying to do, so I have no problem thinking they were financially strapped already. But now Chuck seems to think he can fund the operations with the Buy More. I have no idea how much a Best Buy-like store in LA makes per year, but after operating costs, I'm not imagining they're too much better off now. I really think they should have just kept all the numbers unknown and just gone about business.

I thought Chuck's plan at the end was one of the best scenes I've seen on Chuck in some time. The video message's reminder to Sarah to check the roof of the van and make sure he was still alive was great.

JediTricks
11-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Chuck and friends were saying they burned through the $40-something-million to start up the company, and I guess they spent $660 MILLION on the Buy More. Now, the idea that they ONLY bought the Burbank Buy More seems to be the message they're sending, so $660m is ludicrous, but since we knew the Buy More was a chain, that would have been a lot more believable for a chain of stores. Why Chuck & co would WANT to buy all the Buy Mores is beyond me though, just goofy wish-fulfillment loose-end-tying-up behavior from writers who didn't think the show would continue to season 5, is my guess.

Anyway, I thought the episode was really lazy and sloppy and just "meh" too. And the idea that Chuckles, sans powers, is fighting and jumping 2.5 stories to a van on the move without a scratch is just incredibly out there, especially with Morgan having not done training with the Intersect. And the new villain backstory is so convoluted that it's impossible to follow.

JimJamBonds
11-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Chuck and friends were saying they burned through the $40-something-million to start up the company, and I guess they spent $660 MILLION on the Buy More. Now, the idea that they ONLY bought the Burbank Buy More seems to be the message they're sending, so $660m is ludicrous, but since we knew the Buy More was a chain, that would have been a lot more believable for a chain of stores. Why Chuck & co would WANT to buy all the Buy Mores is beyond me though, just goofy wish-fulfillment loose-end-tying-up behavior from writers who didn't think the show would continue to season 5, is my guess.
I never thought about buying the entire chain, but I'd presume it was just that particular store. Actually I just presumed it would be some sort of electronics store not the Buy More...I guess it was a way to bring back that gang of characters.

And the new villain backstory is so convoluted that it's impossible to follow.My problem with that is that there seems to be generally one bad guy/group and as soon as that threat is over poof somebody new shows up who the know nothing about AND is badder then the last person/group. Seems kinda lazy.

Also, to name your company after your spy name... the only spy name you've ever had seems silly. Somehow all these people haven't picked up on the fact that this is happening out of a electronics store and this ONE NAME keeps popping up. WTF!?!?!

Phantom-like Menace
11-04-2011, 12:57 AM
And the idea that Chuckles, sans powers, is fighting and jumping 2.5 stories to a van on the move without a scratch is just incredibly out there

The van broke his fall.:kiwi-fruit:

JimJamBonds
11-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Another kinda blahh episode. So in the last ep. we see Chuck not able to do much of anyting but in this one he goes along with Sarah and John while Morgan is stuck in the van. Wha???

I think the most intersting thing to come out of this episode is what is going on with Morgan, both how he feals undervauled and the emergining problem with the intersect and his brain.

Phantom-like Menace
11-07-2011, 02:14 PM
I rewatched the beginning of the episode. I managed on the second viewing to recognize Mark Hamill before I remembered he was in the episode.

Also, Sarah says they "mowed through" Volkoff's money on startup costs. Chuck then says "forty million is still a lot of money."

As for the new episode, Morgan's situation could be pretty interesting. I'm not surprised the Intersect didn't work properly since they had problems with Casey's two team members before. I very much liked the Indiana Jones reference, and was it just me or did Carrie-Anne Moss call Luke Skywalker Lucas Skywalker?

OC47150
11-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Sarah looks hot with the short hair. Grrrrrr.

JEDIpartner
11-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Big Mike: "I'm sick of this Jeffster thing!"
Lester: "Yeah, me too..."

Yea!!! The writers finally listened and we don't have to deal with Jeffster anymore!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

JediTricks
11-07-2011, 04:18 PM
The van broke his fall.:kiwi-fruit:Good thing vans are made out of marshmallows and soft things. :p

JimJamBonds
11-07-2011, 06:12 PM
I very much liked the Indiana Jones referenceDitto, I loved the fact that there was an Indy reference and instead of it just happens Chuck 'made it known.' I like that.
, and was it just me or did Carrie-Anne Moss call Luke Skywalker Lucas Skywalker?If she did I didn't catch that.

Phantom-like Menace
11-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Good thing vans are made out of marshmallows and soft things. :p

What a coincidence! The window was sugar glass!

JediTricks
11-10-2011, 05:50 PM
The ratings for Chuck's first 2 episodes are so bad that I suspect the show might get dropped midway through. Its premiere had a lousy 3.4 million total viewers and a 1.0 key demographic of 18-49 rating, the second episode 3.1m viewers and a 0.9 rating - both record lows for the series. Chuck's bad ratings last Friday gave NBC the lowest of the networks (aside from the CW) for the timeslot and the night.

OC47150
11-10-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm under the impression that the show will break here soon and come back for the final run after the winter Olympics.

But I've been known to be wrong.

JimJamBonds
11-11-2011, 08:51 AM
The ratings for Chuck's first 2 episodes are so bad that I suspect the show might get dropped midway through. Its premiere had a lousy 3.4 million total viewers and a 1.0 key demographic of 18-49 rating, the second episode 3.1m viewers and a 0.9 rating - both record lows for the series. Chuck's bad ratings last Friday gave NBC the lowest of the networks (aside from the CW) for the timeslot and the night.I'd presume that most of the 13 episodes are already in the can and if it was dumped they wouldn't hit the magic number for syndication.

JediTricks
11-11-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm under the impression that the show will break here soon and come back for the final run after the winter Olympics.

But I've been known to be wrong.That would be a hell of a break, since the next Winter Olympics are in 2014.

I'd presume that most of the 13 episodes are already in the can and if it was dumped they wouldn't hit the magic number for syndication.
Generally, shows shoot about 6 weeks ahead of air date, so it's unlikely they have all 13 episodes produced - some probably aren't even written yet. And since NBC doesn't own Chuck, they have less reason to need to get to the magic syndication number of 88 since they're probably only getting a small fraction of that pie.

JimJamBonds
11-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Generally, shows shoot about 6 weeks ahead of air date, so it's unlikely they have all 13 episodes produced - some probably aren't even written yet. And since NBC doesn't own Chuck, they have less reason to need to get to the magic syndication number of 88 since they're probably only getting a small fraction of that pie.I thought the magic number was 100?

So, one story about Morgan getting pantsed and he is cured? Seems a bit 'quick' to me.

Phantom-like Menace
11-14-2011, 11:49 PM
So, one story about Morgan getting pantsed and he is cured? Seems a bit 'quick' to me.

My thinking too.

JediTricks
11-16-2011, 04:34 PM
I thought the magic number was 100?

So, one story about Morgan getting pantsed and he is cured? Seems a bit 'quick' to me.No, that's a rounding-up the buyers prefer so they can have 20 weeks of 5-episodes-per-week without repeats, but 88 episodes is a "4 season run" is the considered minimum. There was never a chance Chuck would get to 100 episodes, the last season brought them to 78 episodes and this season was only 13 episodes.

As for the pantsing, they actually made a deal out of that being NOT the solution to the problem, he was pantsed and it didn't fix it, it was the conversation they had later about the memories involved with the aftermath of that pantsing which is ultimately what rebooted him. That too was a bit convenient, but nowhere near as bad as if it had been the pantsing.

Ando
11-16-2011, 04:49 PM
I don't know about everybody else, but I am finding the notion of Morgan being the Intersect very distracting from what I am used to with this show. I hope they plan on reconciling this soon instead of it being permanent. IMO, Morgan's not cut out to be the Intersect and I think that maybe they are trying to prove that with the last few episodes.

I would really like to see them get back on track since this is their last season and get back to the story arc of figuring out who or what is behind Decker trying to sideline the team.

Just my 2 cents.

JediTricks
11-16-2011, 05:11 PM
I totally agree. It was a cute idea for a gag, but they've now spent too much time showing that the person behind the intersect is important, and Morgan doesn't have "it". The odd thing is that neither did Chuck at first, but I guess they're splitting hairs there.

Ando
11-16-2011, 05:55 PM
I don't know why they did this... Morgan added value to the team before the Intersect went to and into his head.

The difference between Chuck and Morgan as the Intersect was that even though Chuck accepted it (however unwillingly), he never truly embraced it like Morgan did. And that added some extra drama to it because to Chuck it was a curse, but he made it a blessing. With Morgan, we've seen the opposite: He embraced it and has treated it like a great blessing and it has become a curse (as Beckman said on Friday's episode; "Grimes told anyone who would listen that he was the Intersect.").

I hope they Deus Ex Machina the (defective) Intersect out of Morgan and put it (a repaired/upgraded version) back into Chuck and get Season 5 back on track.

Anybody have any thoughts on whether or not Papa Bartowski/"Orion" is still actually alive? If TV has taught me anything, it's that

Mad Slanted Powers
11-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Based on what I saw in that episode and the previews for the next episode, they didn't really completely solve the intersect problem with Morgan, and they are going to try to get it out. So, it won't be a permanent thing.

OC47150
12-11-2011, 04:21 PM
The SW reference at the end of this week's show was cool.

JimJamBonds
12-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Decker dead = good.
Shaw coming back = wtf?

JEDIpartner
12-12-2011, 02:19 PM
I thought that as well, JJB. I was glad to see they didn't waste any time wrapping up the Decker storyline, but I was a bit confused about Shaw coming back. Wasn't he presumed dead? I cannot remember.

If nothing else, that show could've just been the cameos by Danny Pudi and Yvette Nicole Brown and I would've been perfectly happy. LOL

JimJamBonds
12-12-2011, 05:47 PM
I was glad to see they didn't waste any time wrapping up the Decker storyline, I've never much cared for Decker, not in the "ohh he's a bad guy so I don't like him way", but rather I just didn't care for that character, I didn't get his being on the show and it seemed a waste of screen time.
but I was a bit confused about Shaw coming back. Wasn't he presumed dead?I cannot remember. Yup, dead, infact when asked the creators said 'he is dead and not coming back.':monkey:

JEDIpartner
12-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Yup, dead, infact when asked the creators said 'he is dead and not coming back.':monkey:

Hmmmmm... is that so?! :disgust:

JimJamBonds
12-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Hmmmmm... is that so?! :disgust:Yup, I recall reading an interview after Shaw was killed....then again its not as if that'd be the first time a character some how comes back to life.

Speaking of brining people back, why not Ed? Tang from the first season? He battled Chuck for the assistant store manager gig, I thought that guy was alright...

JimJamBonds
12-17-2011, 09:54 AM
I missed the first couple of minutes of the show but all in all I thought it was alright, nothing great but just alright. So I take it from the previews that that virus is intended to let Shaw go, so whomever is in charge of this whole thing knows the history between everybody??? Ehh bringing back Shaw sucks, although I'll still watch it but I don't have very high hopes for next weeks episode.

OC47150
12-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Pretty decent ep.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-17-2011, 03:07 PM
I forgot to record last week's episode, and it seems that there aren't any official channels to watch it anywhere, so I had to read the summary on NBC's site before watching the new episode last night.

JimJamBonds
12-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Who was the bald guy that was a part of Rebecca Romain's group? I don't think he even had any dialog but he looked familar...like he played a bad guy in something else?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Who was the bald guy that was a part of Rebecca Romain's group? I don't think he even had any dialog but he looked familar...like he played a bad guy in something else?
Is this the guy you are talking about? - Joseph Gatt (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1395532/).

JimJamBonds
12-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Yup, although nothing really sticks out that I would have remember him being in...even Thor which I recently watched I wouldn't have thought it was him.

JimJamBonds
12-24-2011, 09:36 PM
NBC must really not give much of a crap about this show anymore. A new episode last night and another new one on Dec 30th? It seems they want it over with so they can get to something else.

That said, I thought all in all last nights episode was one of the better ones that we have seen. Ok, yeah there was the whole Shaw thing but I liked the way it played out. Based on the preview for this weeks episode I thought Chuck would get his hands on some sort of interscet but I thought it was clever for him to give Shaw that virus instead (the name escapes me at the moment).

Ok with positive things said about this episode WTF is up with the next one? Sarah had a kid? Umm ok...and she is walking down steps with said kid in some sort of front pack thingy while blasting away with two machine guns? Uhh?!?!?

JediTricks
12-28-2011, 10:24 PM
The Omen Virus.

Those episodes fell flat on their faces, IMO. The 2nd one was at least a little more interesting, but it felt like such a lame plan and such a bland resolution to their problem (not to mention that Jeff and Lester save the world when nobody else can?!?) that I felt ripped off.

I bet the kid won't be Sarah's, it'll be some enemy's kid that they ended up killing the parent of, or using for a mission cover, or something equally cop-outy. Also, turning someone's kid into a villain has been done... LAST SEASON!

OC47150
12-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Stan Lee, Los Angeles spy. Cute.

I'm gonna have to track down a few eps to remember how Shaw 'died.' All that is a little foggy for me.

WM has seasons 1 - 3 for $15.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Stan Lee, Los Angeles spy. Cute.

I'm gonna have to track down a few eps to remember how Shaw 'died.' All that is a little foggy for me.All I can recall was something like him being shot and falling off a bridge, but I don't remember if he came back after that.

The Stan Lee thing was kind of funny.

OC47150
12-30-2011, 09:26 AM
All I can recall was something like him being shot and falling off a bridge, but I don't remember if he came back after that.

And that's what I remember. I vaguely remember the Buy More blowing up, but not the details.

JediTricks
12-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Stan Lee was a cute bit.

I had to look up Shaw's background too, as I had forgotten everything after he was shot. He was shot, fell off the bridge, survived, used the Ring's Intersect and pretended to be a double agent for the CIA, tried to frame Team Bartowski, was chased into a subway by Chuck and his dad, killed Chuck's dad, arrests Team Bartowski who are freed while he's about to kill them, steals Chuck's Intersect Governor, plants explosives around the Buy More, tells everything to Chuck who had hidden a mic which busts Shaw, who then fights Intersect vs Intersect with Chuck at the Buy More, Chuck defeats him and then Morgan grabs his detonator but drops it and blows up the Buy More. Shaw is then arrested and the governor returned to Chuck, which gives him control over the Intersect and leaves Shaw in prison with an Intersect that will eventually kill him if he uses it. And that led us to the Santa Suit episode.

OC47150
12-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Stan Lee was a cute bit.

I had to look up Shaw's background too, as I had forgotten everything after he was shot. He was shot, fell off the bridge, survived, used the Ring's Intersect and pretended to be a double agent for the CIA, tried to frame Team Bartowski, was chased into a subway by Chuck and his dad, killed Chuck's dad, arrests Team Bartowski who are freed while he's about to kill them, steals Chuck's Intersect Governor, plants explosives around the Buy More, tells everything to Chuck who had hidden a mic which busts Shaw, who then fights Intersect vs Intersect with Chuck at the Buy More, Chuck defeats him and then Morgan grabs his detonator but drops it and blows up the Buy More. Shaw is then arrested and the governor returned to Chuck, which gives him control over the Intersect and leaves Shaw in prison with an Intersect that will eventually kill him if he uses it. And that led us to the Santa Suit episode.

Thanks for the cliff notes version, JT. I still might have to track down old eps.

Phantom-like Menace
12-30-2011, 05:43 PM
For some reason my only thought about the most recent episode was, "Subway delivers?" Well, okay, two thoughts: cute delivery girl.

JimJamBonds
12-30-2011, 10:13 PM
The Sarah baby thing wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, that said it was only an ok episode.

JediTricks
12-31-2011, 03:34 PM
The Sarah baby thing wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, that said it was only an ok episode.You are being generous. This episode may as well have been named "Chuck vs. the Lazy Writing". 2 eps in a row where Sarah gets severely beat on is grotesque. The kid was exactly the McGuffin I thought it'd be, and Shaw's big move is entirely hollow - there's no endgame, there's no benefit, there's no revenge because they didn't know where the kid was until Sarah stepped in. And how stupid is Sarah exactly? It's been 5 years, the kid has to have grown, yet she falls for the EXACT same tactic she used on her handler?!? Don't get me started on Tim DeKay as her handler gone rogue, such a lazy piece of writing and the casting is something his career is full of.

JimJamBonds
01-01-2012, 03:13 PM
You are being generous. This episode may as well have been named "Chuck vs. the Lazy Writing".I think you'd say that about the entire season. :snarky:
And how stupid is Sarah exactly? It's been 5 years, the kid has to have grown, yet she falls for the EXACT same tactic she used on her handler?!? Yeah, this was a WTF moment..its been 5 freaking years!

Phantom-like Menace
01-04-2012, 01:42 AM
I had a lot of the same problems, but it was nice to see Sarah's mom. I also happily allow the show a little nostalgia, so I enjoyed the end of the episode well enough.

JediTricks
01-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I think you'd say that about the entire season. :snarky:

Yeah, this was a WTF moment..its been 5 freaking years!I love the contrast of your 2 remarks. Anyway, if I said that, I would be right, no? :p

JimJamBonds
01-04-2012, 10:02 PM
I love the contrast of your 2 remarks. Anyway, if I said that, I would be right, no? :p

Phantom-like Menace
01-17-2012, 12:07 AM
I was watching Nikita last week, and I thought to myself I could forgive one more everyone's-a-spy moment on Chuck if we meet Jeff's father, and it's Xander Berkley more or less spoofing his character from Nikita.

Of all things to snicker at, the most recent episode had me laughing at Chuck's dry observation that they can't be shooting the newspaper delivery boy.

And I couldn't for the life of me remember who Angus Macfadyen was when I saw his name in the credits. I'm a big Braveheart fan, so I'm considering it a momentary lapse. When he was sitting in shadow, I swore for a moment he sounded like Robert Beltran, which didn't seem entirely outside of possibility given Robert Duncan McNeill's involvement in Chuck.

OC47150
01-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Sarah talking about Bo Derek's boobies had me laughing so hard. Great line.

Too bad Sarah becoming the Intersect wasn't worked into a storyline until now. It has/had some interesting story possibilities.

JimJamBonds
01-19-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm kind of intersected out. Chuck was twice, Shaw was, Morgan was and now Sarah (with only 2 episodes to go). Come on writers.

JimJamBonds
01-20-2012, 01:06 PM
While running on the dreadmill today I was suprised to see 3 commercials for Chuck over the course of my 90 minute run. I guess its good the show is getting some pub albeit at the very end.

JimJamBonds
01-21-2012, 08:16 AM
"I haven't sugared a tank in....days." That was pretty good. So now, pretty much every 'regular' character except Big Mike knows the secret correct? Overall it was another ok episode.

JediTricks
01-21-2012, 04:57 PM
For some reason, my DVR dropped the first 10 minutes of the show, I was able to find an online source with it and watch it on my phone before getting too deep into the episode, and honestly, it didn't help - Chuck and Quinn just appear on the train like it made any sense at all. Ultimately, this episode was all like that, things happened because the script made them happen, but they didn't have any particular value, and everybody failed at everything they were doing. Also, it was so stupid to think ANYBODY could survive a fall out of a bullet train, much less get back on board. But it wasn't a TERRIBLE episode, even if Lester & Jeff got to do something in spycraft (Jeff I'm pretty sure would have incinerated Lester just as much as John Crichton... er, I mean, Ben Browder's character).

JimJamBonds
01-22-2012, 05:16 AM
Also, what was up with that weird opening? They've had the same one for every episode and then they changed it? I don't understand the reason behind that at all....not that its a big deal or anything it just seemed weird to me.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Also, what was up with that weird opening? They've had the same one for every episode and then they changed it? I don't understand the reason behind that at all....not that its a big deal or anything it just seemed weird to me.

My guess was that it was an homage to something that I was not familiar with. Perhaps some movie with a train that I have not seen.

JimJamBonds
01-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah I'm sure thats it, but still it seemed weird to do that....

Phantom-like Menace
01-25-2012, 12:45 AM
The mini-gun made me snicker. I was never a Farscape fan, so instead of calling him Crichton, I kept calling him Colonel Mitchell.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-25-2012, 12:48 AM
I didn't even recognize that it was him. I was a fan of Farscape.

OC47150
01-25-2012, 07:16 AM
I'm gonna miss Jeff and Lester. Getting armed up Commando style was pretty funny.

JEDIpartner
01-25-2012, 11:20 AM
My guess was that it was an homage to something that I was not familiar with. Perhaps some movie with a train that I have not seen.

I think it was inspired by NBC's 1979 show, Supertrain. See opening sequence here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUERtAe73NI) and final opening sequence here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9n1FMEruSM).

I'm gonna miss Jeff and Lester. Getting armed up Commando style was pretty funny.

I won't miss them at all. Their schtick wore thin during season 3 for me a good number of other fans. :(

I didn't even recognize that it was him. I was a fan of Farscape.

He still looks good, but he's not as fit as he used to be (he still is, but he's older and thicker), which is why I think it was initially hard to place him.

sith_killer_99
01-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Well congrats to the writers, they managed to completely ruin this series for me with a predictable, lazy ending I saw coming a mile away.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-28-2012, 01:33 AM
It was fine for me, though it was a little sad at times.

LTBasker
01-28-2012, 10:40 PM
The end was pretty much the only good thing to really come out of this season, but I will say that's not just because it meant that it ended. That ending was the only decent thing they did with that whole story. I want to feel sad to see the series go because I did enjoy most of its run and have some fond memories watching it with a friend, but this last season was so terrible that I'm good with there being no more. I'll probably end my DVD set at season 4 and pretend this last one never happened. THEY ALL WENT ON VACATION!

Mad Slanted Powers
01-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Now you all will have to have find another show to complain about.

OC47150
01-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Gramma, what did we say about firearms in front of baby Clara? I loved that line.

I read a few comments before I finally watched the show. Yes, it could've been a lot better, and a lot more satisfying, but hey, I'm glad NBC gave us the chance to wrap the show up now and not this summer.

The first part had more of a season-ending cliffhanger feel to it to me. It would've been perfect a season or two ago as a cliffhanger. Like so many other shows in its situation, the second ep felt rushed, like it was tying up loose ends.

Nice homages to the pilot ep and the first season, with the Wienerlicious, and stuff. I was hoping for Timothy Dalton to make an appearance, but it was nice to see Linda Hamilton show up.

JimJamBonds
01-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Is there anywhere to go online to watch Chuck? I wasn't able to watch it Friday night and I no longer have a dvr, hulu, nbc and imdb were of no use.

JEDIpartner
01-30-2012, 09:49 AM
I actually really enjoyed the finale. Those episodes were fun and dripped with the sentimental goo that I enjoyed all along. We DVR'd the show and watched it on Saturday evening with a friend. I suggested we should watch the pilot before diving into the finale. I was glad that we did it 'cos the whole segment where Sarah was fleeing with the intersect contained shots and stunts that were coordinated to match the ones Bryce performed in episode 1. Even the shot of Casey, Morgan and Chuck standing in the ruins of the intersect room were taken from that episode. I thought that was pretty cool.

I really enjoyed the show and, while it may not have been as awesome in the last couple seasons, those seasons were still so much better than loads of other shows would've been in their 4th and 5th seasons.

I'm gonna miss Chuck.

JediTricks
01-30-2012, 03:32 PM
I didn't care for the finale episodes, they were just poorly written and didn't do a good job saying goodbye to the various characters. We aren't even clear on what's going on with Chuck and the Intersect, did he take it out again after he used it, what? They crammed a lot of ideas into this, but none of them felt fleshed out, they just tossed a bunch of stuff and then didn't pace it out to actually work. And the end solution with Sarah and Chuck was just a flop for me. And the broader story didn't get any attention at all, it just was there to move the plot along and then fizzle out. And Quinn was an underwhelming villain, just plot device after plot device, and then he all but disappears at the end - a quick shot and he's dead, out of the story, not even to be seen in a reaction shot. Really? Chuck not saving EVERYTHING simply because he's a huge wimp and won't shoot the guy? SHOOT HIS LEG OR SOMETHING! Not good work overall.

Oh, and poor Big Mike and his ridiculous Subway buying the Buy More, WTF was that?!?

Phantom-like Menace
01-31-2012, 02:10 AM
I'm really surprised the episode didn't wrap the whole show up neatly, but left an ending, that depending on your cynicism or optimism, implied either that things might get better after a lot of work and interaction between Chuck and Sarah or that it might be all fixed with a kiss.

And speaking of the kiss theory, I loved Morgan's saying it had nothing to do with the fact that he'd watched a ton of Disney princess movies with Clara.

Chuck and Sarah's Berlin mission becoming a miniature this-is-your-life moment: contrived in the extreme, like a lot of the last couple of seasons, but I've already said I'll always forgive this show for working the nostalgia angle. Plus, one of my favorite moments was when Chuck checked out Sarah in the Wienerlicious uniform. When she called him on it, his mouth said one thing, but his eye's said, "Hallo, Krankenschwester!"

Subway buying the Buy More was odd within the story. But as a huge wink and a nod and a thank you to Subway for pretty much buying the show, I'm okay with it. That scene also kind of made fun of the fact that Big Mike was the only series regular by that point who didn't know Chuck was a spy.

All and all, I was content with the ending. While I'll admit I wanted Chuck to get everything back at the end with Sarah's memories restored, I'll also admit I'm cynical enough to figure the kiss didn't work, and there's tough going ahead of them.

Oh, and I don't want to go back to multi-quote, but JEDIpartner, I noticed the similarities between Sarah's stunts and Bryce's stunts, but I didn't notice the similarities between the Intersect room scenes. I'll have to check that out.

We aren't even clear on what's going on with Chuck and the Intersect, did he take it out again after he used it, what?

I was curious if I'd missed the resolution to that.

Ando
02-01-2012, 06:34 PM
The last few episodes have felt lazy and out of shape (compared to the rest of the series). Quinn as the big bad felt much smaller than a multi-agency, multi-season conspiracy should have felt since we never met Quinn or glimpsed him before this year.

BUT, I will miss Chuck immensely. It was my favorite show each week. The final scene was bittersweet, leaving us to wonder and hope for Chuck to get the happy ending we all felt he deserved.

And as much as I despised Jeff and Lester, I got REALLY excited when they came on stage and they helped save the day (and General Beckman).

OC47150
03-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Awesome has showed up on CSI: Miami as an assistant DA. Haven't caught his character's name, though.

JediTricks
03-13-2012, 05:58 PM
"Josh Avery", could they have chosen a more generic name for him? Any other series and both it and him as the DA would feel ridiculous, but on CSI:Miami it works.

Chuck was a focus on The Office 2 episodes ago, Sabre having licensed the character to help promote the launch of their new store, and they even made reference to Jim playing Chuck for the opening which I thought was brilliant since John Krasinksi looks and sounds an awful lot like Zach Levi.

JimJamBonds
03-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah I forgot about the mention on The Office...of course now that the show isn't on it was kind of a pointless reference.

OC47150
03-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Awesome's been in two eps so far, the last appearance the longer of the two. He's the boyfriend of the new CSI/lab rat who Wolfe's been crushing on.