PDA

View Full Version : Chuck

Pages : [1] 2 3

sith_killer_99
10-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Okay, sometimes I miss out on something really good and have to play catch up.

Chuck is one such show.

I know a lot of folks around here have been fans for a while. I just bought season 1 on DVD and recorded last weeks and this weeks episodes.

I really love this show, it helps that I am a fan of Adam Baldwin, sure his characters always seem to be cut from the same cloth, but he is very entertaining.

Anyway, the show is incredible and I hope to see it stay around for some time to come. Besides the blonde is SMOKIN' hot.:D

DarthBrandon
10-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Anyway, the show is incredible and I hope to see it stay around for some time to come. Besides the blonde is SMOKIN' hot.:D

True enough, I burnt my eyes the other day when she was getting ready for her big date (think black lace) with Chuck.

I agree Baldwin is great to watch, his dry sense of humour always cracks me up & you never know if he's good or bad.

Great show that's on before Heroes along with My Own Worst Enemy. I record one & watch the other later.

JimJamBonds
10-14-2008, 08:04 PM
I've been a Chuck fan since about December. It has a nice mix of comedy, drama and spy stuff thrown together. Plus as already noted Yvonne S (blanking on the last name) is...... WOW!!!!!!

While I watch/record a few others How I Met Your Mother and The Office its Chuck and Bones that I'm most excited about.

Rocketboy
10-14-2008, 08:10 PM
I starting watching Chuck because I was waiting for Heroes and didn't care for the other choices at 8:00.
I love this show. A lot of fun with great characters.
My only complaint is that the Sarah/Chuck relationship drama already feels old.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Yes, great show. I've been watching it from the beginning. Chuck seems like a cool guy, Sarah is kick *** and beautiful, and Casey is funny in his own special way. Adam Baldwin was pretty good on Firefly too.

Rocketboy
10-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Adam Baldwin was pretty good on Firefly too.That's like saying Harrison Ford was decent as Indiana Jones.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-15-2008, 01:35 AM
That's like saying Harrison Ford was decent as Indiana Jones.But I'm the kind of guy that likes to come in from the pouring rain and say, "it's a bit damp out there."

Phantom-like Menace
10-15-2008, 07:27 AM
This show has been the most consistently entertaining show of the past two seasons. It's always been an hour well spent. The characters are all likable, and you can tell the cast has a lot of fun doing what they're doing.

Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, and Adam Baldwin each can singlehandedly make that show fun and entertaining, and with those three together everything is far more than simply three times as good. I know Baldwin from Firefly and Angel (and to a lesser extent Full Metal Jacket), and I've been a fan. Levi and Strahovski I know nothing about before Chuck, but he's hilarious and she is formidably stunning. In the last episode, when Larroquette's character asked Chuck what he would do if he needed to seduce a woman, and he started acting silly (". . . maybe get the guns going . . ."), the smile on her face was just too cute. The actress can really make you believe she feels what the character feels. The look her character gave Chuck in the season premier at the Chinese restaurant when she had the little bit of noodle hanging out of her mouth . . . people just don't look at people like that enough.

The supporting cast is hilarious too. The Buy More staff always gets a laugh out of me. Even some of the one-shot and recurring characters are great. I credit this show with making me really notice Rachel Bilson for the first time. She was adorable as Lou, the sandwich maker. I love a good Reuben, and I'd be in her sandwich shop every day for the opportunity to kill myself slowly with cholesterol.

If anyone reading this even kind of likes to laugh, this show is great.

OC47150
10-15-2008, 09:13 PM
I need to get back into Chuck. I did enjoy it last season but then I'd be recording 5 shows on one night.

JediTricks
10-17-2008, 12:50 AM
It's a fun show, but does feel like they need to expand the concept a little, it gets repetitive. Chuck and Sarah stuff is too soap opera-y.

JimJamBonds
10-18-2008, 06:42 PM
I credit this show with making me really notice Rachel Bilson for the first time. She was adorable as Lou, the sandwich maker.

I often think about meats and cheese's.

Phantom-like Menace
10-20-2008, 01:33 AM
I often think about meats and cheese's.

I sure as hell do now.

JEDIpartner
10-21-2008, 08:12 PM
I really love this show. The characters are wonderfully realised and portrayed. I actually CARE about them. I can't say that for too many other shows... except for maybe Pushing Daisies, which is my other favourtie show at the moment.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I really love this show. The characters are wonderfully realised and portrayed. I actually CARE about them. I can't say that for too many other shows... except for maybe Pushing Daisies, which is my other favourtie show at the moment.Yes, that's a good show too.

Phantom-like Menace
10-22-2008, 12:49 AM
The latest episode was kind of cool. Of course the last couple minutes were revealing. They killed Tony Todd's character off a few episodes ago, but now they've given him an interesting story in flashback.

It was pretty cool that the writers made us think we learned something about Sarah only to surprise us at the last second with the fact that we had learned nothing but there were even more interesting things to tease us with.

I had to laugh during the Strahovsky/Ritchie chick fight that the song playing was Smack My ***** Up. I laugh because McG also featured that during a fight in Charlie's Angels, and now he used it here. Otherwise, I object, the late nineties had much better songs than most of the ones they were playing.

JEDIpartner
10-22-2008, 09:19 AM
I was laughing at the generous use of Huey Lewis & The News tunes in the first two episodes of the season. I wonder what that was all about. LOL

JimJamBonds
10-23-2008, 02:16 PM
I really could have done without Nicole Ritchie being in this past episode.

Rocketboy
10-23-2008, 04:32 PM
At least she got her @ss kicked.

Phantom-like Menace
10-24-2008, 07:04 AM
So who else figures we're going to learn Sarah's father is either the head of or merely highly placed in Fulcrum?

JimJamBonds
10-26-2008, 01:49 PM
I agree that there is no way her old man's history isn't going to come back up. If not Fulcrum the Triad.

JimJamBonds
11-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Looks like Chuck is getting back together with Jill. I don't like it and neither does Sarah. :(

Rocketboy
11-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Temporarily I sure (Just like Lou).

UKWildcat
11-12-2008, 01:36 AM
First Chuck was jealous of Sarah, now Sarah is jealous of Chuck. Makes sense.

Jordana Brewster was looking especially hot... :love:

I thought this past episode was great. All the shenanigans at the Buy More learning CPR and etc. Hilarious.

BTW - Awesome, is, awesome.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-12-2008, 02:35 AM
And with Chuck kissing Casey, that adds a whole new wrinkle to the love triangle, or I guess it is now some sort of odd shaped quadrilateral now. A love trapezoid!

Phantom-like Menace
11-12-2008, 03:50 AM
I'm kind of happy to see Chuck with Jill, and not just because Jordana Brewster is a cute little brunette.

Jordana Brewster was looking especially hot... :love:

Agreed. I'd have been especially ****ed at Larkin. In fact, we really need to know what was up here. We know Larkin framed Chuck for his own good to keep him away from the CIA, but stealing his cutie girlfriend? Cold.

I thought this past episode was great. All the shenanigans at the Buy More learning CPR and etc. Hilarious.

One of my favorite moments of dialogue in this episode:

What is wrong with you guys?

I drink too much.

My parents had unreasonable expectations.

I also liked when Casey said Guy isn't in his room, and Chuck just says, "I know."

Chuck kissing Casey was funny, but I never in this life want to see that again.

JediTricks
11-12-2008, 04:43 AM
I thought Casey's disguises were hilarious, they totally worked too, I barely recognized him that first time. They need to abuse disguises more on this show, comedy GOLD!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-12-2008, 08:53 AM
I gotta agree: this last episode was pretty damn funny. I loved Casey's disguise too; it was GREAT. The Buy More stuff was funny too, especially with Morgan and how he reacted when he said "Panties." That was fantastic. And I loved how Sarah got to use her real accent. hmmmmmmmmm. :love: :love: :love: Plus, you gotta love Tony Hale and his guest appearances on the show. Although it is hard for me to see him walk into a room and not say, "hey, brother!"

This show has been really on this season. Let's hope they keep it up. :thumbsup:

OC47150
11-12-2008, 09:23 PM
I know I missed an episode (where Melinda Clarke guest-starred) but when did Sarah start working at the Orange Julius-like shop? I miss the wiener shop.

Casey looked a little like Shaggy!

Mad Slanted Powers
11-12-2008, 09:44 PM
I know I missed an episode (where Melinda Clarke guest-starred) but when did Sarah start working at the Orange Julius-like shop? I miss the wiener shop.
I think I think that was the season premiere. They got the super nifty spy headquarters through the freezer and downstairs I think.

Rocketboy
11-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Temporarily I sure (Just like Lou).Wow, good call there RB!

The second the bad guy kidnapped Jill I knew she was a Fulcrum agent.
Way too obvious.

Before that I was thinking that Emmett was possibly a Fulcrum agent, but after his shenanigans after the poker game (and resulting hangover), I doubt it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Before that I was thinking that Emmett was possibly a Fulcrum agent, but after his shenanigans after the poker game (and resulting hangover), I doubt it.

Unless Fulcrum agents love the taste of wine coolers, I doubt he is too. hehehehe

Another solid episode; Casey singing was really unexpected. And I will say Sarah, in her skivies, in the shower, could very well be the greatest moment in TV history, EVER. :love::love:

OC47150
11-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Casey's high C was great. I was a choir boy.

Sarah in her undies in the shower was nice.

I had a feeling Jill's pix would pop up on the Fulcrum list but it wasn't until the end.

Phantom-like Menace
11-19-2008, 12:23 AM
I didn't realize Jill was a Fulcrum agent until the pictures started coming in. That's when it clicked for me.

And I bet that answers my questions about Larkin getting with Jill in college. I bet she was Fulcrum then, and his getting her away from Chuck was one more thing he did that made him seem like a jerk but possibly saved Chuck from early CIA involvement.

As much as I hate when Larkin show up, I'd really like to see him show up and hear him say, "You mean you guys didn't know she was Fulcrum?"

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Sarah not all that hot in her undies. I was expecting better, but she has no behind and no hips. There was 1 slo-mo shot that worked pretty well though.

Ep was ok, kinda predictable, but Casey singing was good.

Phantom-like Menace
11-23-2008, 01:07 AM
she has no behind and no hips

I wish I couldn't agree, but I have to. I still think she really attractive, but that just makes the booty situation all the worse.

JimJamBonds
12-01-2008, 09:23 PM
I thought Chuck was going to flash on his old man at the end of the episode. I guess it ended up being a better ending, not everybody in Chuck's life needs to be a spy.

Rocketboy
12-01-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm really hoping the writers have something up their sleeves for the future because it looks like there isn't a whole lot of unanswered questions left in Chuck.
We've already found out the truth about Bryce, Jill, and Stanford; this week marked the second episode about Casey's past; next week sees the second episode dealing with Sara's past. Many of these stories should have been spaced over at least four seasons.
What next, have his friends and family find everything out?

JediTricks
12-04-2008, 05:18 AM
It seems like Chuck is falling into a rut, the show feels very pattern lately, so it was nice that nobody in Awesome's family or his dad were spies.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Well, the guy who played his dad was a spy on Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

OC47150
12-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Woody and Honey Awesome!! Great names.

I can see the show in a rut. The Jill storyline could've been extended a couple of episodes.

And where's the Asian chick at Buy More?

UKWildcat
12-04-2008, 08:57 PM
And where's the Asian chick at Buy More?

I have been wondering the same thing. I believe I saw her picture on the Buy More Employee of the Month board, but haven't seen her in some time. Maybe Casey was able to recruit her, after she kicked all that a** in the cage (I believe it was). ;)

While the show could be in a so called "rut", I'm still very much enjoying it.

JediTricks
12-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Well, the guy who played his dad was a spy on Scarecrow and Mrs. King.Awesome's dad was TRON! I only wish they had played with that, we see Chuck's Tron poster early in the episode but they let it go.

I just found out that Ellie was the Gift Shop Girl on Scrubs. Wow, what a change! She was sexy there, here she's sweet and almost matronly, they play her a few years older than she really is.

And where's the Asian chick at Buy More?DUDE! You read my f'ing mind! I have been thinking that since Monday. I think she might be filming a movie and unable to shoot for Chuck.

Phantom-like Menace
12-05-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm upset no one has mentioned Bruce Boxleitner was also Captain Sheridan on Babylon 5. I haven't seen Morgan Fairchild in a long time.

I've also been wondering where Anna is. She should have been at Thanksgiving with Morgan, but we haven't seen her since Chuck vs. Tom Sawyer, the Missile Command episode.

As far as Chuck vs. The Mentor, the most recent episode, goes, I liked Chuck's making Casey mad and turning him on his old mentor. Good stuff.

JediTricks
12-05-2008, 03:27 PM
President Sheridan! :p It didn't have any bearing on the conversation, so I didn't bring it up, but it was on my mind because I'm an internet nerd. In fact, B5 is what got me into internet sci-fi forums in the first place, under the username "The Random Ranger".

They mentioned in the Thanksgiving episode that Anna had gone to her parents' for the holiday.

JimJamBonds
12-07-2008, 05:45 PM
I just found out that Ellie was the Gift Shop Girl on Scrubs. Wow, what a change! She was sexy there, here she's sweet and almost matronly, they play her a few years older than she really is.

Wow, good call there JT. I never thought that Ellie was GSG but as soon as you said it I realised you were right.

I think tomorrow's episode with Lumberg as Sarah's dad should be a good one.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
I'll agree that this episode wasn't as good as the last few, but it was still pretty funny. I still love the addition of Tony Hale and the 65'' TV was a nice surprise. Chuck's interaction with Casey was pretty great as well. :thumbsup:

Somebody remind me just happened to Chuck and Elle's parents?

Rocketboy
12-07-2008, 10:45 PM
I believe all they've really said is that Dad walked out when they were young and Mom died.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-07-2008, 10:54 PM
I can't recall. Has anyone said, "What's up Chuck?" yet? And why is it Peppermint Patty called Charlie Brown "Chuck" and Marcie called him "Charles"?

Phantom-like Menace
12-09-2008, 12:31 AM
President Sheridan! :p It didn't have any bearing on the conversation, so I didn't bring it up, but it was on my mind because I'm an internet nerd. In fact, B5 is what got me into internet sci-fi forums in the first place, under the username "The Random Ranger".

They mentioned in the Thanksgiving episode that Anna had gone to her parents' for the holiday.

I just figured despite those two rolls having been mentioned for pertinence, we'd named every major roll he's known for but Sheridan. Glad to hear you're a B5 fan, though. Sucks that JMS can't really get any projects in that universe off the ground.

I missed the Anna reference. Glad they're covering their bases.

JimJamBonds
12-11-2008, 09:21 AM
I missed the Anna reference. Glad they're covering their bases.

They must read the forum's.

Phantom-like Menace
12-12-2008, 12:34 AM
They must read the forum's.

Just in case they do:

More Rachel Bilson!

JediTricks
12-12-2008, 09:57 PM
So, Anna made a comeback this week, but it seems like the actress forgot how to play her. It was a cute episode, and loved seeing the Delorean and '69 Dukes of Hazzard Charger. I dunno, something held me back from loving it, but it was fun.

Phantom-like Menace
12-13-2008, 12:26 PM
I was laughing from the moment Gary Cole showed up. I'm not at all unhappy to learn I was wrong in assuming her father would be tied into Fulcrum. The Delorean and General Lee were great.

That line from Jeff about Lester coming out of the vaginal canal? What the hell? Super creepy.

I thought it was a great episode beginning to end.

Edit: And that makes two episodes in a row with Babylon 5 captains. Awesome's dad was Sheridan. Sarah's dad was Gideon. I'm not a huge fan of the guy who played Sinclair, but they need a B5 captain to play one of Chuck's parents now.

JediTricks
12-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Nice catch on Gideon, I had totally forgotten about B5: Crusade! Now all they need is Cmdr. Sinclair as Chuck or Casey's dad. :p I actually liked Michael O'Hare in that role m'self, seemed like a good actor playing a nuanced role. He's quit TV acting though.

Lochley can be excused from service. ;)

Phantom-like Menace
12-15-2008, 01:17 AM
I probably could have remembered Michael O'Hare's name if I had tried really hard. And I will say he redeemed himself an awful lot to me in War Without End. The revelation about him in that episode is the closest anything has gotten to the revelation of Vader as Luke's father.

I wanted to say Scoggins could play Chuck's mother in flashback, but there was that whole thing where I wouldn't really care to see that.

JEDIpartner
12-15-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm upset no one has mentioned Bruce Boxleitner was also Captain Sheridan on Babylon 5. I haven't seen Morgan Fairchild in a long time.

I was actually coming on-board to talk about them! I was wondering who would be playing the "Awesomes" in future episodes. After they were mentioned by Ellie, I was hoping they wouldn't just be relegated to passing references. It was nice to see them so beautifully realised by Bruce and Morgan!!

OC47150
12-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Is that a different actress playing Anna? She looks and acts differently.

LTBasker
12-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Looked the same to me...just in a hot, hot elf costume.

I was hoping they would have some more Die Hard references with "Big Al" Powell, but at least he ate a twinkie. That was awesome. :D

Awesome episode all around, especially Sarah's decision at the end. Don't really understand the need to lie, though. Death is part of the job...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Looked the same to me...just in a hot, hot elf costume.

I was hoping they would have some more Die Hard references with "Big Al" Powell, but at least he ate a twinkie. That was awesome. :D

Awesome episode all around, especially Sarah's decision at the end. Don't really understand the need to lie, though. Death is part of the job...

Yeah, casting Reginald Veljohnson (sp?) was a great idea for Big Mike's Brother. Wasn't the music that played when they ran to each other from Die Hard or the Die Hard trailer? I thought it was.

Yup, I agree, very awesome episode. I thought Chuck overreacted too. Had she just told him, "he was going to tell Fulcrum who you are" it would have calmed him down. I know Chuck is naive, but he's gotta chillax! :thumbsup:

OC47150
12-16-2008, 08:24 PM
The faux hostage taker, Ned Ryherson, was the same as the obnoxious insurance salesman from Groundhog Day.

Nice tip of the hat to two classics.

Good episode. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Rocketboy
12-16-2008, 10:46 PM
While I did like the episode quite a bit, I was a little disappointed (just a little).
At the beginning I was hoping that the episode would have nothing to do with the Intersect or FULCRUM and would deal with Chuck being the hero all on his own with no help from Sarah or Casey.
Something like that would be a nice change of pace every once in a while.

JediTricks
12-17-2008, 03:04 AM
I probably could have remembered Michael O'Hare's name if I had tried really hard. And I will say he redeemed himself an awful lot to me in War Without End. The revelation about him in that episode is the closest anything has gotten to the revelation of Vader as Luke's father.

I wanted to say Scoggins could play Chuck's mother in flashback, but there was that whole thing where I wouldn't really care to see that."Not The One" was a great payoff, loved how that worked out.

Oh, I just got a great piece of casting, Jerry Doyle as Casey's dad, that's a B5 ref and a good fit! And Scoggins could play a hedge, then her wooden acting would come in handy. :p (I feel bad making jokes at her expense, on "Lost Tales" she was the one who most invested in her character and got a promotion for her, but it doesn't help her crappy acting.)

Looked the same to me...just in a hot, hot elf costume.Yeah, that wasn't bad. She seemed closer to the role as she previously portrayed it too. But they didn't show much of that costume they went to all the trouble of putting her in.

I was hoping they would have some more Die Hard references with "Big Al" Powell, but at least he ate a twinkie. That was awesome. :DThat was a great piece of reference that didn't deliver as hard as it should have, there could have been tons more. Still, what they had was good, and they had a couple lines from the film, like "give the guy a chance". Man did he get more chins though.

Awesome episode all around, especially Sarah's decision at the end. Don't really understand the need to lie, though. Death is part of the job...Not sanctioned, but yeah, that seemed a little soap opera-y to me, Chuck's reaction was way over the top.

The faux hostage taker, Ned Ryherson, was the same as the obnoxious insurance salesman from Groundhog Day.

Nice tip of the hat to two classics.

Good episode. Thoroughly enjoyed it.I thought having him use that name was kinda weird since it wasn't the same actor. All I could hear in my head was "It's me. Ned! Ned Ryerson! Bing!" (not even the actual line, but I could hear that voice.)

While I did like the episode quite a bit, I was a little disappointed (just a little).
At the beginning I was hoping that the episode would have nothing to do with the Intersect or FULCRUM and would deal with Chuck being the hero all on his own with no help from Sarah or Casey.
Something like that would be a nice change of pace every once in a while.Agreed, it was time to not draw from that well, and instead they just couldn't let it go.

JimJamBonds
12-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah, casting Reginald Veljohnson (sp?) was a great idea for Big Mike's Brother.

My first thought was here is RVJ playing a cop...... AGAIN! Then after he said he was Big Mike's bro I thought that was a PERFECT fit. I never thought of the Die Hard stuff but now that I've read those posts the writers did a nice job w/ those references.

I was a bit suprised at Chuck's reaction as well, it took me back to the first episode where Chuck flashes on a braclet Sarah is wearing and 'see's her killing a couple of guy's. I think that was the first time Chuck saw somebody die right infront of him (other then the video game episode eariler this season) maybe that had something to do with it???

Rocketboy
01-04-2009, 11:42 AM
On February 9, Chuck will be broadcast in 3D.
Unfortunately, this is Anaglyphic 3D (Red/Blue), but it should still be kinda cool.

OC47150
01-13-2009, 08:54 PM
On February 9, Chuck will be broadcast in 3D.
Unfortunately, this is Anaglyphic 3D (Red/Blue), but it should still be kinda cool.

I picked up a pair of glasses at Kroger's today. The store had a huge stack of 'em!

Mad Slanted Powers
01-13-2009, 09:34 PM
I still have a couple that I got from Dynamite magazines years ago, but those were designed for looking at the inserted poster. I don't think I'd want to watch the show with them. They're just paper cut-outs, nothing to go behind the ears, so I'd have to hold it up to my face the whole time.

LTBasker
01-14-2009, 05:43 AM
Sounds like it should be trippy. I got a pair of 3D glasses with my copy of Family Guy: Blue Harvest, but they didn't really seem to work when I used them last. Either my eyes are unable to be fooled or I was too close to the monitor.

JediTricks
01-14-2009, 05:36 PM
I was flipping channels this weekend and stopped on Comedy Central, it was some movie with Keenan Thompson and some other folks, didn't really know what was going on, but after a second I recognized the handsome buddy, it was Chuck! Apparently, he did a movie last year with Keenan, a wannabe Porky's called "Wieners" that went straight to video, and within a few months it was already on basic cable. It wasn't funny, you could tell because Keenan was mugging just as badly as his SNL bits, which are no more talented than his weakass Nickelodeon days.

JimJamBonds
01-15-2009, 09:52 AM
I don't think I'd want to watch the show with them. They're just paper cut-outs, nothing to go behind the ears, so I'd have to hold it up to my face the whole time.

I think the glasses could be easily modified.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-15-2009, 10:14 AM
I think the glasses could be easily modified.

Yeah, I could put some holes and use a string or rubber band, but if I have the same Blue Harvest set that LTBasker has, then maybe I have a pair in there. I'll have to check.

sith_killer_99
02-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Did anyone catch the SW reference last night?

"IG-88" thermite! lol

The 3-D thing worked better than usual.

LTBasker
02-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Rather interesting that both Psych and Chuck make an IG-88 reference in the same timeframe, somebody working on both shows or epic coincidence? I was hoping though that Chuck would have some sort of reaction to it, rather than just having it be an in-joke.

I'm going to have to wait to see the episode in normal appearance to fully judge it, the 3D coloring was incredibly distracting from fully paying attention to it. I found out during the SuperBowl that normal red/blue 3D glasses wouldn't work, they required you to use their versions that had different colors. So, I had no choice but to watch Chuck while being subject to the obnoxious coloring.

One thing I really want to note, though, is that it was nice the way they covered the issue with Chuck witnessing Sarah's execution of that one guy. Although I felt it shouldn't have been that much of an issue in the first place, I'm glad it was able to be covered by actually having Chuck and Sarah talk about it. Much better than then usual requiring her to coyly find out somewhere down the line meanwhile creating a buttload of drama.

Rocketboy
02-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Caught the awesome IG-88 reference.
I'm also really glad they didn't drag out the issue with Sarah.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-04-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm going to have to wait to see the episode in normal appearance to fully judge it, the 3D coloring was incredibly distracting from fully paying attention to it. I found out during the SuperBowl that normal red/blue 3D glasses wouldn't work, they required you to use their versions that had different colors. So, I had no choice but to watch Chuck while being subject to the obnoxious coloring.I guess that explains the trouble I had. I tried using the ones in the Family Guy Blue Harvest box set as someone suggested, but it didn't work very well. It didn't help that I wear glasses, so trying to put my regular glasses over them was kind of cumbersome. It seemed like I was only seeing from the right eye, while the left eye was darker. The same thing with the one movie trailer during the Super Bowl. So I didn't bother after the first few minutes.

LTBasker
02-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Yeah, I had been attempting to use my pair from the Blue Harvest set too, but was told afterwards that the colors NBC had on their glasses were purple & yellow instead of the classic red & blue.

JediTricks
02-04-2009, 03:26 AM
The dark blue lenses didn't seem like the right color, too dark, so that it had good color on the left and not on the right. The 3d didn't really work because of that all that well, it kinda worked but wasn't worth it. I liked that they mostly did it with edges instead of full chroma-shifts the way the old kind did, but when the bimbos threw that knife, it looked utterly ridiculous and not 3d at all.

As for the story, it was mainly a flat entry, nothing special, I did like another IG-88 reference in the course of a week, but the only good thing was the aforementioned discussion about Sarah killing that guy.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-04-2009, 09:34 AM
It also had The Bus, so that was a plus!

JEDIpartner
02-04-2009, 10:50 AM

"IG-88" thermite! lol

I know!! IG-88 has been getting a lot of mention in the last 30 days!! This show and Psych both used it in the last two weeks!!! :thumbsup:

OC47150
02-04-2009, 08:07 PM

"IG-88" thermite! lol

I did!

The 3D was definitely good, and I watched it taped. The knives really came at you. But I got a headache from the 3D effects.

Rocketboy
02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
No Chuck tonight.
:(

Stupid Washington...

Mad Slanted Powers
02-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I wonder what they will show out here then in it's place.

LTBasker
02-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Not having Chuck tonight really bites, but on the brightside we got to hear the President say "gaping hole." That's always fun.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Looks like it will be a Chuck rerun, the one with the high school reunion if I read the onscreen guide right.

JEDIpartner
03-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Morgan to Jeff: "Laugh it up, fuzzball!!!!"

Ando
03-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Morgan to Jeff: "Laugh it up, fuzzball!!!!"

I caught that, too.

My wife says that to me every once in while.

Such a great episode last night and next week's looks even better. We've been enjoying Chuck's slow but steady rise to action this season and seeing him outfitted in tac gear with two pistols is what I've been waiting for.

JEDIpartner
03-10-2009, 02:44 PM
This has really been one of my favourite shows for a while. It's light, but not completely superficial. They are developing it quite well. I hope that the network gives it a chance.

mtriv73
03-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Since my wife and I have started watching it, it's probably doomed to cancellation very soon. We're both really getting into it though.

JEDIpartner
03-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Everything I like is usually doomed to get canceled. I usually watch shows that are a little smarter than what the average viewer can get on board with, which is why they fail. LOL I'm a TV snob. :p

JediTricks
03-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Actually, Morgan said it to Jeff, Lester, and the gang who were throwing down "yo momma"-style with Morgan's love life, thus he pluralized it to "laugh it up, fuzzballs" which was pretty great.

I was surprised to see Chuck taking initiative with the Intersect web of secrets on the back of his Tron poster, that was a good touch. Unfortunately, it came right after YET ANOTHER instance of Chuck/Sarah relationship miscommunicationism.

Ando
03-10-2009, 04:56 PM
I loved the depth of Chuck's character they showed last night with Chuck piecing things together on the back of the Tron poster (I was wondering when they were going to be more active with that poster. They have at least one shot of it every other episode) and showing some initiative to be able to solve the puzzle and move on with his life.

I wonder when we'll get to meet Chuck and Ellie's dad and who will play him and whether or not he'll figure in as just a absentee father or will he figure into the Intersect puzzle as a CIA, NSA, or Fulcrum operative.

JediTricks
03-10-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm really hoping they don't tie Chuck's dad into the Intersect, that'd be too far.

Chuck's Tron poster has got me thinking about putting one up in my place, but framed is a tough choice.

JEDIpartner
03-11-2009, 11:00 AM
I think it would be too far as well. Didn't I hear that they cast the elder Bartowski? I swear it was Chevy Chase or someone like that.

Rocketboy
03-11-2009, 01:46 PM
I think it would be too far as well. Didn't I hear that they cast the elder Bartowski? I swear it was Chevy Chase or someone like that.I thought I heard/saw Chevy Chase would guest star on Chuck also. didn't see it on IMDB or Wiki, but a google search found some info. Thehollywoodreporter (http://login.vnuemedia.com/hr/login/login_subscribe.jsp?id=qvdZ7L8TMtzmQHzJBuT%2F8TcVa aTL76%2B0%2FjJ0KihrMypxyuqXa8rKsHz6DZUJynBXdZHpfoF vdc0y%0AOkp6Xp0%2FMYKZiCZPFbfJ5RtojRKgXuYgF92U2hM8 BBzBCa7Ppbk0AT5ZVWQjA2YHYaPnbK4jvY%2F7%0ALFZApmfX4 0pC3%2FKgxD%2BuxgXVVWv%2BMA2L%2FJvDNo4SuVVAwlTfVB5 uICePNkCnxvS4XxEaLVyYWPKV%0AbsqcIB5d8xVGS8X4WTALEk xo%2Ba%2F1TD7JoSyqFe2FLz1SWZ6Rf8y%2Ba5A4LS0qlIJVOT o5B%2FrVZVvQ%0APe6KKTI6SnpenT8xgpmIJk8Vt8nlG2iNEqB e5iqbWTc66c%2BM) says:

Chevy Chase joins 'Chuck' for three episodes January 15, 2009 Chevy Chase has been tapped for a three-episode arc on NBC's dramedy "Chuck." On the WBTV-produced "Chuck," Chase will play a technology mogul -- a mega-billionaire in the new-media business -- who is accused by Chuck's father for stealing his ideas.

Ando
03-11-2009, 02:36 PM
That will be an intersting story arc. For the last few episodes I've been noticing Zachary Levi channeling Chevy Chase/Fletch like mannerisms and facial expressions during some of the more stressful and intense moments of his missions.

If they ever make another Fletch movie, Zachary Levi would do a fair job at it.

JEDIpartner
03-11-2009, 04:40 PM
I thought I heard/saw Chevy Chase would guest star on Chuck also. didn't see it on IMDB or Wiki, but a google search found some info. Thehollywoodreporter (http://login.vnuemedia.com/hr/login/login_subscribe.jsp?id=qvdZ7L8TMtzmQHzJBuT%2F8TcVa aTL76%2B0%2FjJ0KihrMypxyuqXa8rKsHz6DZUJynBXdZHpfoF vdc0y%0AOkp6Xp0%2FMYKZiCZPFbfJ5RtojRKgXuYgF92U2hM8 BBzBCa7Ppbk0AT5ZVWQjA2YHYaPnbK4jvY%2F7%0ALFZApmfX4 0pC3%2FKgxD%2BuxgXVVWv%2BMA2L%2FJvDNo4SuVVAwlTfVB5 uICePNkCnxvS4XxEaLVyYWPKV%0AbsqcIB5d8xVGS8X4WTALEk xo%2Ba%2F1TD7JoSyqFe2FLz1SWZ6Rf8y%2Ba5A4LS0qlIJVOT o5B%2FrVZVvQ%0APe6KKTI6SnpenT8xgpmIJk8Vt8nlG2iNEqB e5iqbWTc66c%2BM) says:

Okay... so not the Bartowski patriarch, but in the show nonetheless. I hope he doesn't stink up the series with his presence. LOL

JediTricks
03-12-2009, 07:16 PM
That will be an intersting story arc. For the last few episodes I've been noticing Zachary Levi channeling Chevy Chase/Fletch like mannerisms and facial expressions during some of the more stressful and intense moments of his missions.

If they ever make another Fletch movie, Zachary Levi would do a fair job at it.They were trying to make another one this year, but it fell through.

Ando
03-12-2009, 07:23 PM
They were trying to make another one this year, but it fell through.

That's a bummer. Fletch Won has been in development off and on for years. At one point (if I remember correctly) it was going to be Jason Lee as Fletch with Kevin Smith directing.

Rocketboy
03-12-2009, 07:34 PM
That's a bummer. Fletch Won has been in development off and on for years. At one point (if I remember correctly) it was going to be Jason Lee as Fletch with Kevin Smith directing.Yep, but that was before My Name Is Earl. The suits wanted a big name and Smith stuck to his guns and said he wasn't doing it without Lee. Neither side budged and the project died.
Smith also briefly considered Zach Braff.
Last I had heard Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence was attached (No idea if Braff was still attached or not though).

Ando
03-12-2009, 07:38 PM
I think Zachary Levi would do a great job. Braff isn't nearly as fresh and funny as he thinks he is or actually used to be.

JEDIpartner
03-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Heterosexual geek boy wet dream alert for next week: Yvonne Strahovski & Tricia Helfer on the same show! WOOOOOOOO!!!

Okay... even this queer knows that's just hot. LOL

JimJamBonds
03-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Heterosexual geek boy wet dream alert for next week: Yvonne Strahovski & Tricia Helfer on the same show! WOOOOOOOO!!!

Okay... even this queer knows that's just hot. LOL

True dat!!!

OC47150
03-24-2009, 08:53 PM
I enjoyed Morgan, Lester, Jeff, Emmett and Big Mike's shennigans more than Chuck's storyline last night. You have to tune in each week just to see what trouble those guys get into.

And Big Mike getting it on with Morgan's mom while listening to Air Supply was classic!! :yes:

Rocketboy
03-24-2009, 11:34 PM
I liked last night's episode. They totally blew the chance of a Charles In Charge joke when they gave Chuck a chance to lead a mission.

Chuck doing his own research and investigating is pretty interesting but it seems like they shouldn't have revealed (and semi-resolved) it to the others so quickly. It should have been an ongoing subplot for an entire season.
Also, if they have Chuck's bedroom under constant surveillance why didn't they see the stuff with the package from Orion?

Ando
03-25-2009, 10:45 AM
I scanned the listings on my Comcast DVR for the next few weeks to see episode descriptions for upcoming episodes of Chuck and in a few weeks when Chevy Chase guest stars, Scott Bakula will be guest starring on the same episode as Chuck and Ellie's dad.

Rocketboy
03-25-2009, 10:52 AM
According to IMDB Bakula will be playing Steve Bartowski, Chuck's dad. Not a bad choice.
I just hope he isn't an agent, good or bad.

LTBasker
03-26-2009, 12:53 AM
I enjoyed the episode, although it wasn't too great.

These things really bugged me:
-Morgan still at home...
-Cylon eye on Predator (incredibly stupid, they don't have these (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MQ-9_Reaper))
-Horrible CGI for the Predator (Reaper, actually)
-Increasing over-saturation of the creepiness of Jeff and Lester
-Arnold Vosloo's head was only visible in the window when Casey shot it, and yet Vosloo's arm was the only thing that got hit...

On the brightside...
-Tony Hale is absolutely scary when "serious"
-Adam Baldwin was great as usual
-Chuck should be getting training now
-The Mummy with hair

JimJamBonds
03-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Chuck doing his own research and investigating is pretty interesting but it seems like they shouldn't have revealed (and semi-resolved) it to the others so quickly. It should have been an ongoing subplot for an entire season.

I agree that this idea could have had a bigger ark, however I read an interview with the creators of Chuck (don't remember their names off hand) and they aren't sure if there will be a third season, so with that in mind they are trying to cram several season's worth of 'stuff' into these last handfull of episodes.

Rocketboy
03-26-2009, 07:49 PM
I agree that this idea could have had a bigger ark, however I read an interview with the creators of Chuck (don't remember their names off hand) and they aren't sure if there will be a third season, so with that in mind they are trying to cram several season's worth of 'stuff' into these last handfull of episodes.But if they shoot their wad this season and get picked up for a third (*crossesfingers*), then what?

JediTricks
03-27-2009, 03:55 AM
I scanned the listings on my Comcast DVR for the next few weeks to see episode descriptions for upcoming episodes of Chuck and in a few weeks when Chevy Chase guest stars, Scott Bakula will be guest starring on the same episode as Chuck and Ellie's dad.Spoiler alert! Chuck's dad will be a wooden, slightly effeminate overactor. ;)

I thought Monday's episode was ok, a little on the "cute" side, and the payoff on Orion was downright sloppy, but the overall worked for me.

JimJamBonds
03-29-2009, 01:07 PM
But if they shoot their wad this season and get picked up for a third (*crossesfingers*), then what?

Yeah.... that's a potential issue for sure.

Phantom-like Menace
04-02-2009, 02:01 AM
I actually liked the Cylon eye on the predator. It was just silly enough to get a laugh out of me.

So, they more or less ran out of B5 captains to play fathers, and they got Enterprise's captain. It officially has to be intentional that every father seems to be played by an actor who played a science fiction captain.

I liked the most recent episode. It's probably been my favorite episode since Chuck vs. the DeLorean. I haven't mentioned that it's been nice that Anna has stopped calling in at the Buy More, but now that I remember to mention it, she's absent again.

JediTricks
04-06-2009, 12:07 AM
You guys know that the Buy More is based on not just Best Buy, but also Burbank Frys, which is in Burbank (obviously) and has that same sign in the employee lounge?

JEDIpartner
04-06-2009, 10:28 AM
I dig the underpants store that's next door to it. :D

sith_killer_99
04-06-2009, 01:46 PM
You guys know that the Buy More is based on not just Best Buy, but also Burbank Frys, which is in Burbank (obviously) and has that same sign in the employee lounge?

I dig the underpants store that's next door to it. :D

The Burbank Frys has an underpants store next door to it?:confused:

JediTricks
04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Not that I know of. The only thing "next door" to it is Valhalla cemetery.

JEDIpartner
04-07-2009, 10:21 AM
The Burbank Frys has an underpants store next door to it?:confused:

The Buy More!! The Buy More!!!!!! There's a store next to the Buy More called "Underpants, Etc".

My partner and I kinda saw the Stephen Bartowski/Orion connection coming a couple weeks ago.

Ando
04-07-2009, 10:52 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode.

JediTricks
04-07-2009, 02:28 PM
IMO, while it was kinda cool to watch in the moment, that "twist" was the step too far. At this rate, his kindergarten teacher is going to be General Beckman, Morgan is going to be the head of the CIA, and Chuck's 3rd cousin is going to be the head of Fulcrum.

Apparently, Capt. Awesome was originally going to be an enemy spy. :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
04-07-2009, 03:40 PM
IMO, while it was kinda cool to watch in the moment, that "twist" was the step too far. At this rate, his kindergarten teacher is going to be General Beckman, Morgan is going to be the head of the CIA, and Chuck's 3rd cousin is going to be the head of Fulcrum.

Apparently, Capt. Awesome was originally going to be an enemy spy. :rolleyes:

Will Sarah turn out to be Slicker's mom? :lipsrsealed:

OC47150
04-07-2009, 07:33 PM
I watched last night's and last week's eps back to back this morning. The bachelor party was a hoot! Jeff breaking eight commandments on the way to work was the best line.

Nice to see Scott Bakula on TV, too. I thought he used his Quantum Leap line, 'oh boy' last night, early in the ep.

Rocketboy
04-07-2009, 11:21 PM
I really liked last night's episode. It feels like they're building towards a great season finale (which I'm really praying isn't a series finale).
As I said before I hope they have some interesting stuff planned for season 3 since they seem to be playing all their big cards in season 2...just in case.

And even though I'm a little tired of damn near everyone in Chuck's life (and past) being involved in FULCRUM or the CIA, it doesn't bother me too much, because it's not like we haven't had another series with a few pretty big stretches in believability.

OC47150
04-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Here's an interesting article about which shows are in danger of being cancelled. There are a couple of my faves on it.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/the-10-shows-that-deserve-to-return-next-fall-but-might-not--228

JimJamBonds
04-09-2009, 09:37 PM
I liked the newest episode as well, as others have said there is a ton of stuff going on in the last few episodes. I just hope it comes back for season 3, and that the writers have something for the future.

JEDIpartner
04-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Fantastic episode!!! I've enjoyed the episodes with Jill. She's a great nemesis for both Chuck and Sarah. Chuck has such a heart of gold but is also such a doof for letting her go. Oh, well. At least this means she can come back to play another day... provided this show gets another go around next year.

Chuck and Sarah going rogue adds another dimension to an already complex second-half of the season. Where does that leave Casey? It looks like he'll be hunting for the two of them!

I loved the whole "Weekend at Bernie's" thing with "uncle" Bernie being carried out of the house. Genius pop culture nod. That is why I love this show!!

Rocketboy
04-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Yeah, it was a great episode with a lot going on.
I thought Chuck hiding his answers from Casey during FULCRUM test was great.
The Buy More stuff was fairly predictable, but done well.

I was pleasantly surprised that Scott Bakula and Chevy Chase weren't in it again right away. Looks like they're biding their time for a big season finale and developing a bigger story arc.

Ando
04-14-2009, 10:51 AM
I loved the whole "Weekend at Bernie's" thing with "uncle" Bernie being carried out of the house. Genius pop culture nod. That is why I love this show!!

Man, I didn't even make that connection! I've been stuck on the "Spies Like Us" references lately.

- Tony Hale as "Emmett Milbarge" (A combination of Emmett Fitzhume and Austin Milbarge, the main characters of Spies Like Us).

- Chevy Chase who was in Spies Like Us.

(Apologies to any and all who pointed this stuff out).

I loved last night's episode, too. This show is a pure joy to watch and I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

I wonder if they'll ever try to get Dan Akroyd to appear on the show? I think that'd be kinda neat.

sith_killer_99
04-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Will Sarah turn out to be Slicker's mom? :lipsrsealed:

DUDE, that would be so awesome, I would just sleep better at night knowing I could do her any time I wanted.:laugh:

OC47150
04-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Ando, thanks for connecting the dots! I'd never would've thought of that!!

Nice to see Jill back, even if it was for a short time.

I think the show is building nicely to a climatic finale. Hope it won't disappoint.

JimJamBonds
04-16-2009, 10:30 PM
DUDE, that would be so awesome, I would just sleep better at night knowing I could do her any time I wanted.:laugh:

Ditto for me.

Ando
04-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Ando, thanks for connecting the dots! I'd never would've thought of that!!

There was another Spies Like Us connection from season 1 combined with a Stripes reference.

The opposing spy listening bugs were EM-50's (the name of the urban assauly vehicle/RV from Stripes and the GLG-20's (the spy classification of Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd's characters in Spies Like Us).

Great show. Hope it doesn't end.

JediTricks
04-18-2009, 06:09 PM
So, apparently, the last episode chalks up Chuck's first "kills". Honestly, I felt like it was no surprise that they were withdrawing Chuck from the field, he really is totally compromised at this point, the enemy knows that he's on the CIA payroll.

Rocketboy
04-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Shocked not to see comments on last night's awesome episode - there was so much going on without feeling crammed in.

My thoughts:

No more Intersect? Sounds like a potential ruse to me. Rather than finding a way to put the Intersect back into Chuck's head, I think maybe Chuck still has it and his dad just turned it off or something. This way Chuck can still access it when he needs it (sort of how his dad taught him how to flash on command a few weeks ago).

Chuck & Sarah - it's about time. Now let's see if they don't fall into the tv series on again/off again trap.

Awesome finds out about Chuck/Sarah/Casey! It's about time SOMEONE found out! I just figured it would be Morgan that found out first. Devon's reactions were great. Hopefully they don't reveal it to too many people.

Casey good/bad - It was a nice flip-flop that said a lot about Casey's character, from his carrying out his orders and sense of duty to when he lies to the General, then joining Chuck for the rehearsal dinner shows a lot of his humanity under the gruff exterior.

Morgan quits? Much like Big Mike's demotion, this obviously won't last. Morgan makes rash decisions then almost immediately regrets them.

Last night could have easily served as most of a series finale. I hope they wrap up next week nice and tidy...just in case; If cancelled, don't want the series to end with a cliffhanger or unanswered questions.

Ando
04-21-2009, 04:35 PM
I thought they did a great job of tying up some loose ends in case the series is cancelled/not renewed, but not necessarily making it impossible to undo them for a season 3 renewal.

JimJamBonds
04-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Like RB said there was a ton of stuff going on in last nights episode but it didn't feel crammed, infact I didn't want the episode to end. Again as RB said it was a nice rap up just in case the series doesn't see season III, however I really wonder what they are going to do for a third season (I'm really hope it will be back).

I thought with Awesome finding out that would mean Chuck is a full time CIA agent and good bye Buy More. But with no intersect what point does the show have? Sure Sarah could resign and be with Chuck but Cassey will be long gone. I fear they may have written themselves into a corner so to speak.

Next week's episode could/should go a long way in explaining how the third season will go.

Rocketboy
04-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Uh-oh...just found this quote:

The other real question is will they actually move forward? The Hollywood Reporter set the Internet ablaze on Monday with a Save Chuck fire after they described the show as “on the bubble” which means that even though it’s fate isn’t decided it hasnt’ been saved yet from cancellation. Bloggers, journalists and fan sites are all sending out their appeals this week to make sure that we all do our part in saving the show. There’s good reason to save the show as well since, according to television producer Josh Schwartz in a New York Times Article (http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/20/can-chuck-be-saved-even-josh-schwartz-isnt-sure/?hp), “If…. that is the last episode of the show to ever air, it will be one of the least satisfying finales of all time. Chris Fedak, the guy who created the show, said people will set their living rooms on fire.” We can’t have a ton of domestic arson, can we?

JimJamBonds
04-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Sounds kinda like the end of Scrubs last season. A solid 'ender' and then the episode based on 'The Princess Diary.'

OC47150
04-21-2009, 08:18 PM
We'll know the final answer in a couple of weeks.

NBC is in the crapper when it comes to quality shows. There is no Must See TV on NBC right now. I can see NBC keeping Chuck around for a third season with: 1) hopes the ratings will improve, or 2) until something better comes along.

JimJamBonds
04-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Whatever keeps it around I'll take it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-21-2009, 08:37 PM
I just want to say that the shot of Sarah in her undies was one of the greatest shots in television history. :love:

UKWildcat
04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
I will be very sad if this show isn't brought back for another season. :cry:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-21-2009, 08:50 PM
We'll know the final answer in a couple of weeks.

NBC is in the crapper when it comes to quality shows. There is no Must See TV on NBC right now. I can see NBC keeping Chuck around for a third season with: 1) hopes the ratings will improve, or 2) until something better comes along.

I gotta agree; NBC's only real consistent shows are CHUCK and 30 ROCK. Everything is really REALLY uneven and barely keeping my attention.

I will be very sad if this show isn't brought back for another season. :cry:

Yup.

Phantom-like Menace
04-22-2009, 01:37 AM
I'd guess if the show comes back for a third season (and I sincerely hope it does), Chuck is going to feel useless without the Intersect, and he's going to choose to put it back in his head.

Morgan going off to be a hibachi cook with Anna was kind of random. I wonder if they remember their old friend Tang when they get to Hawaii.

OC47150
04-22-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm Chevy Chase, and you're not. (I've been wanting to type that for awhile.) lol

Solid episode. Lot of revelations. Awesome was awesome. Let's see if he can keep his mouth shut.

Morgan will be back. He won't be allowed to leave the lower 48 states or something.

Emmet's job title for Morgan cracked me up every time.

JimJamBonds
04-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Morgan going off to be a hibachi cook with Anna was kind of random. I wonder if they remember their old friend Tang when they get to Hawaii.

Ahh yes Tang in your face!!! :razz:

JEDIpartner
04-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Apparently, it's unlikely that Chuck will be coming back next year. There is currently a campaign begging NBC to ax the similarly rated, but currently reviled Heroes, whose quality is diminishing by the episode so that Chuck might be spared. NBC needs to ax a couple shows because of the stupid nightly Leno show that will be airing from 10-11pm EST.

The thing that is causing the biggest amount of worry is that Southland debuted really high and managed to have a low drop-off from debut to second week. It's likely that there will be no spot for Chuck unless something else that fills a one-hour slot in the schedule is sent packing.

Anyhow... I think team Chuck is aware that the ratings are low and the show is in peril, which is why they are writing the end of this season as a possible series finale. I'm glad they are getting the opportunity to do this as it would be a shame to have this show have an open ending that never sees a resolution of any kind.

That being said, I LOVED this past week's episode. It really delivered on EVERY level. Well done!!!

JediTricks
04-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Good episode, wrapped up a little too much though, so this Monday's episode needs to re-open some doors.

Morgan's storyline didn't really work for me either, too random.

I won't be surprised if the show doesn't come back for a season 3, NBC has a weak track record with niche stuff like this.

JEDIpartner
04-24-2009, 02:21 PM
From Slate.com:

On the "How much do you love your favorite TV show?" spectrum, a person could fall anywhere from "Who loves television?" to "If my favorite show was about to be canceled, I would feel duty bound to go to the store, buy a specific product (Tabasco sauce, light bulbs and peanuts were the chosen items for Roswell, Friday Night Lights, and Jericho, respectively), pack it up to United State Postal Service standards, and then pay to have it sent to the head of the network, the person deciding my beloved program's fate." Dedicated fans of Chuck (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/redir.aspx?C=7da8205b4ed749f8ac5d6eb36ffeba75&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nbc.com%2fChuck%2f), NBC's critically acclaimed (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/redir.aspx?C=7da8205b4ed749f8ac5d6eb36ffeba75&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nj.com%2fentertainment%2ftv%2 findex.ssf%2f2009%2f04%2fchuck_an_open_letter_to_n bc_to.html) action-spy-comedy show on the verge of cancellation, are on the "We buy Tabasco" end of the spectrum, but they're being both more clever, calculating and cynical than the peanut purchasers. They're not sending anyone anything—they're buying Subway sandwiches (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/redir.aspx?C=7da8205b4ed749f8ac5d6eb36ffeba75&URL=http%3a%2f%2flatimesblogs.latimes.com%2fshowtr acker%2f2009%2f04%2fcan-twitter-and-subway-save-chuck.html). Why? Because Subway had a big product placement in a recent episode. See, Chuck fans do more than just watch, discuss, obsess and debate their show— they actively support their show's advertisers. Best fans ever?

Rather than communicate to executives that Chuck has a passionate fan base by buying useless junk, these fans are buying branded junk. They are demonstrating their willingness to be successfully advertised to. But the advertising isn't working in the old fashioned sense, i.e. making the audience want to buy the thing advertised, it's working because the audience wants something from NBC. The product these folks want isn't a six-inch on wheat, it's Chuck, and they're buying the subs to prove it. (How much do you think Subway cares about their motives?)

Even if the fans are manipulating the typical network-advertiser-consumer dynamic, NBC and Subway are getting what they want—people with open wallets—which is why the strategy could work. Of course, if it doesn't, Chuck fans will have bought a lot of mediocre sandwiches from a huge company hoping to convince another huge company that their sandwich-buying ability amounted to something valuable. That's much more ambitious, and potentially misguided, than sending peanuts.

JediTricks
04-24-2009, 03:18 PM
I wonder if they are sending in the subway paper the sandwiches were wrapped in to NBC to prove their loyalty.

The Subway down the street from Fry's Burbank has a few Chuck promotional elements up, nothing major, just a few signs.

JEDIpartner
04-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I wonder if they are sending in the subway paper the sandwiches were wrapped in to NBC to prove their loyalty.

The Subway down the street from Fry's Burbank has a few Chuck promotional elements up, nothing major, just a few signs.

I certainly will!!! :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
04-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Chuck is one show that I would actually do something like that for. I missed the boats for the Save Veronica Mars and Save Firefly campaigns.
Plus, I loves me some Subway.

I always did think it was odd for Subway to have a random Chuck sign hanging up...until last week's episode.

JEDIpartner
04-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Save this show!!!!

Rocketboy
04-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Save this show!!!!I'll start today with lunch or dinner!

Mad Slanted Powers
04-26-2009, 02:11 AM
Good episode, wrapped up a little too much though, so this Monday's episode needs to re-open some doors.Chevy Chase was still alive and heading to the wedding, and it looks like plenty of action next week based on the preview. If the show is cancelled, I don't want too many doors reopened. They can save that for next season if they are renewed.

sith_killer_99
04-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Even if the fans are manipulating the typical network-advertiser-consumer dynamic, NBC and Subway are getting what they want—people with open wallets—which is why the strategy could work. Of course, if it doesn't, Chuck fans will have bought a lot of mediocre sandwiches from a huge company hoping to convince another huge company that their sandwich-buying ability amounted to something valuable. That's much more ambitious, and potentially misguided, than sending peanuts.

This makes me so mad!:mad:

How can this idiot say Subway makes mediocre sandwiches? Has this guy even eaten a Subway sandwich? This single comment brings his whole article into question. Is this even legit?:mad:This guy sounds like a stooge for the fast food industry, I don't trust him.

Eat healthy....

Subway sandwiches....FTW...:yes:and for Chuck!

More on the save Chuck campaign...

The WB is Trying to Save Chuck Too!
SideReel is teaming up with TheWB.com to help save Chuck! TheWB.com has a great Twitter campaign going on this Sunday and Monday (4/26 - 4/27) that will not only get our Save Chuck efforts noticed, but can get you some prizes as well!

Here's the scoop:

Hey Chuck fans! TheWB.com loves Chuck too! In fact we love Chuck so much we're driving around in Nerd Herd mobiles to show our support and give away some cool prizes. If you spot us, follow us on twitter and tweet to- @thewbdotcom for a chance to win some cool prizes and show your support for Chuck.

On Sunday & Monday we'll be driving around Los Angeles, Burbank, Toluca Lake, West Hollywood, North Hollywood, Santa Monica, etc. Spot the Nerd Herd mobile, take a pic and tweet us @thewbdotcom along with #savechuck and #chuck to show your love for the show and a chance to win prizes.

If you aren't in Los Angeles, CA but you love the show be sure to tweet us your favorite episode, character... basically anything Chuck. We want to hear from you and have you tell others what a great show it is!!

Prizes include coupons from Subway, games from Electronic Arts, Season 1 of Chuck on Blu Ray DVD and Blockbuster rental cards.

To view the rules for Sunday's contest, click: 04/26/09 rules.
To view the rules for Monday's contest, click: 04/27/09 rules.

Good luck and save Chuck!
Their twitter: http://twitter.com/thewbdotcom
http://community.livejournal.com/chucktv/tag/save+chuck

All you CA guys need to get in on this, help out save Chuck!!! Go to the link and twitter, or tweet whatever it's called and save Chuck!

GO!

NOW!!!

What are you still doing here....go help save Chuck!!!

JimJamBonds
04-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Overall I liked the SEASON finale tonight. I figured Sarah wouldn't leave, Cassey, sure he would be long gone. Chuck had to get the/an intersect back inside of him somehow but why Why WHY does it have to be in a Matrix like way where he now know's kung fu? In fact doesn't Keanu say 'I know kung fu?' Anywho, Bryce dying was a bit of a shock but now we don't have to worry about him stealing Sarah.

All in all a solid episode, I hope to watch 22 more over the '09 - '10 t.v. season. ;)

Rocketboy
04-27-2009, 10:26 PM
I loved the season finale even though the last few minutes were fairly predictable.

Chuck thanking Casey for saving him every week was a great line. So was Casey terribly bad "Oh Chuck me" pun.

I also liked how they dropped in the last piece of the puzzle of Bryce/Chuck/Orion together. I was starting to think this was all overly coincidental like Star Wars.

Bryce died once before and came back.

I hope they filmed an alternate ending for the dvd just in case we don't get another season. It wouldn't have been that hard, just the last 5 minutes (or less).

LTBasker
04-28-2009, 12:05 AM
"Man-parts." :D I'm really surprised it took them this long to toss in a FireFly reference.

It was a great ending to the season, and the series if it doesn't get the next season picked up.

Rocketboy
04-28-2009, 12:31 AM
"Man-parts." :D I'm really surprised it took them this long to toss in a FireFly reference.I'm always hoping they'll sneak in Jayne's hat somewhere or even a guest appearance by one of the other Firefly cast members - Alan Tudyk, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher or Nathan Fillion would all be great guests.

JEDIpartner
04-28-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm always hoping they'll sneak in Jayne's hat somewhere or even a guest appearance by one of the other Firefly cast members - Alan Tudyk, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher or Nathan Fillion would all be great guests.

I really hope this show gets saved from the ax!!

We bought our sandwiches yesterday evening and sent our comments to subway.com since the employees at our Subway said the manager would probably toss the comments since they weren't pertinent to the store!

Ando
04-28-2009, 10:54 AM
GREAT episode. Lots of laughs, lots of action, and if it's the last one, then I thoroughly enjoyed it. If it just a SEASON finale, well, I still enjoyed it but I was bummed to see Ted Roark and Bryce Larkin die.

I enjoyed getting to know Bryce and seeing how he actually cared about Chuck and I was bummed to see Ted Roark die because Chevy Chase made a pretty good villain for the show and good villains are hard to find.

Other than that, it was a fun episode. If it goes away I'll be bummed, but I hope that Adam Baldwin and Zachary Levi find jobs again soon. I really enjoyed watching them the last 2 seasons.

Rocketboy
04-28-2009, 11:03 AM
I was bummed to see Ted Roark and Bryce Larkin die. Like I said, Bryce has died before. And last time, they shot him multiple times, IIRC.

Phantom-like Menace
04-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Sean Maher reminds me a lot of Bryce. He could play his brother.

When Jeffster showed up, I thought that was funny enough, but Bruce Boxleitner's line about letting Sam Kinison and an Indian lesbian ruin the wedding had me crying.

I loved the Matrix reference at the end: "I know kung fu."

This really was a terrific episode. It's really going to suck to learn the show isn't renewed.

mtriv73
04-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Why is it as soon as I get into a show there is talk of cancelling it? I started watching this year and was an instant convert.

Ando
04-28-2009, 11:21 AM
When Jeffster showed up, I thought that was funny enough, but Bruce Boxleitner's line about letting Sam Kinison and an Indian lesbian ruin the wedding had me crying.

I had to pause the show at this point because I was laughing so hard.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-28-2009, 11:25 AM
GREAT finale. I loved Chuck beatin' some a-- at the end. Casey had some great lines/faces in this episode, especially at the end and his "chuck me" was hilarious.

Saw this and thought you folks would get a CHUCKle out of it (eh eh eh eh eh!): Zac Levi serves 600 at an England subway! http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-250783 :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
04-28-2009, 11:44 AM
I had to pause the show at this point because I was laughing so hard.

I know!!! Me too!!!! :D

GREAT finale. I loved Chuck beatin' some a-- at the end. Casey had some great lines/faces in this episode, especially at the end and his "chuck me" was hilarious.

Saw this and thought you folks would get a CHUCKle out of it (eh eh eh eh eh!): Zac Levi serves 600 at an England subway! http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-250783 :thumbsup:

There are videos of that all over the 'net. I love it!!!

Rocketboy
04-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Chuck Campaign: Write a Letter

In addition to providing ratings numbers, we can make a huge impact with a handwritten (or typed but handsigned) letter expressing our desire for a third season of Chuck. One personal letter mailed to the network is worth hundreds, even thousands of signatures on an online petition or emails to the network. If a fan takes the time to write a letter and send it snail mail, that speaks loudly. If hundreds and thousands of fans write letters and send them in snail mail, that speaks at a volume that cannot be ignored. So please, take a few minutes to put pen to paper and write to NBC about your wish for a third season of Chuck.
Guidelines:

DO be respectful.
DON’T be threatening. “I’ll never watch NBC again!” doesn’t have any impact.
DO mention your age, gender and general geographic location. We want to show what a broad fanbase this show has.
DO tell them whether or not you’re a Nielsen viewer. If you’re not a Nielsen viewer, remind them that your viewership still deserves to be counted.
DO tell them if you watch/buy Chuck on other platforms (iTunes, Hulu.com, PS3, etc.)
DO tell them why you want Chuck to stay on the air.
DON’T complain about a storyline that you aren’t fond of. Keep comments about the show positive.
DO handwrite your letter if possible. If not, at least sign it by hand.
DON’T send in a template/form letter. It’s okay to model your letter on someone else’s (we recommend Rachel’s (http://chucktv.net/forum/index.php?topic=544.0)), but make it your own.
DO send in a box of Nerds candy with your letter, as per Josh Schwartz’s suggestion (http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/20/can-chuck-be-saved-even-josh-schwartz-isnt-sure/?hp).
DO write today!

Where to Send Your Letter:
Ben Silverman
Co-Chairman
3000 W. Alameda
Admin Building
Burbank, CA 91523

Angela Bromstad
President of Primetime Series
100 Universal City Plaza
Bldg 1320, 4th Floor
Universal City, CA 91608
http://chucktv.net/about-2/chuck-campaign-watchbuyshare/

JimJamBonds
04-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I forgot about the "Chuck me" line, that was awesome! A couple of thoughts that I forgot to post before...

1) So there is some other group out there besides Fulcrum, that nobody knows about? Or am I remembering that wrong?

2) With Chuck quitting the Buy More does that open things up for him to be a full time spy? Or will he (and Casey) go back in order to keep their cover(s)?

3) Jeffster: I thought they did Styx proud(ish) with their cover song. As mentioned before the line about Jeff and Lester was possibly the best of the season if not the series.

4) Bring on Season III!!!!!

OC47150
04-28-2009, 08:17 PM
I forgot about the "Chuck me" line, that was awesome! A couple of thoughts that I forgot to post before...

1) So there is some other group out there besides Fulcrum, that nobody knows about? Or am I remembering that wrong?

2) With Chuck quitting the Buy More does that open things up for him to be a full time spy? Or will he (and Casey) go back in order to keep their cover(s)?

3) Jeffster: I thought they did Styx proud(ish) with their cover song. As mentioned before the line about Jeff and Lester was possibly the best of the season if not the series.

4) Bring on Season III!!!!!

I agree with everything you wrote, JimJam. Chuck me, it was a great episode!!! Loved Bruce's Sam Kinison line.

And Chuck NBC is the show is cancelled!!! :twisted:

JEDIpartner
04-28-2009, 10:02 PM
And Chuck NBC is the show is cancelled!!! :twisted:

Whaaaaaaaat? :confused:

Phantom-like Menace
04-29-2009, 12:10 AM
I imagine that was, "'Chuck' NBC if the show is canceled." As in "'Chuck' them in the ear."

JEDIpartner
04-29-2009, 10:20 AM
:thumbsup:

Ando
04-30-2009, 11:32 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/30/save.chuck.show/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/30/save.chuck.show/index.html)

I will miss this show if it goes off the air. It's a nice reward for people who all just restarted the work week.

JEDIpartner
04-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Really... 1/2 a season for "Heroes" and half a season for "Chuck". That would be fair!!!!!

Ando
04-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Really... 1/2 a season for "Heroes" and half a season for "Chuck". That would be fair!!!!!

Funny thing is, that's what's we got last year.

Rocketboy
04-30-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure I get it - both Chuck and Heroes have similar ratings - right?
The ratings for Chuck have been fairly consistent and the ratings for Heroes has been sliding since the beginning of season 2.
Based on just watching the shows (locations, number of actors, effects, ect), I'm assuming Chuck costs less to produce than Heroes.
Chuck has it's die-hards and is generally well liked where Heroes, while still having it's die-hard fans, tends to get slammed repeatedly.
If all this is true, then why does Heroes get renewed for another season already while Chuck is "on the bubble?" Does NBC have more faith that Heroes will return to it's glory days of BIG ratings, and at the same time they're wary of Chuck's steady, kinda low ratings (and possibly doubt they'll go much higher)?

JEDIpartner
05-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Funny thing is, that's what's we got last year.

Yeah... but not sharing the same time slot no thanks to that dumb-butt Leno!!!

I'm not sure I get it - both Chuck and Heroes have similar ratings - right?
The ratings for Chuck have been fairly consistent and the ratings for Heroes has been sliding since the beginning of season 2.
Based on just watching the shows (locations, number of actors, effects, ect), I'm assuming Chuck costs less to produce than Heroes.
Chuck has it's die-hards and is generally well liked where Heroes, while still having it's die-hard fans, tends to get slammed repeatedly.
If all this is true, then why does Heroes get renewed for another season already while Chuck is "on the bubble?" Does NBC have more faith that Heroes will return to it's glory days of BIG ratings, and at the same time they're wary of Chuck's steady, kinda low ratings (and possibly doubt they'll go much higher)?

Here's the thing: Zeroes is an NBC/Universal production and Chuck is a Warner Brother property. They are more apt to keep one of their own than spend the cash on something produced outside their studios. Asinine, I know, but that's the breaks.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-03-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm always hoping they'll sneak in Jayne's hat somewhere or even a guest appearance by one of the other Firefly cast members - Alan Tudyk, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher or Nathan Fillion would all be great guests.Tudyk was on Dollhouse this week.

sith_killer_99
05-03-2009, 03:43 PM
So, if there is serious talk about axing the show, why did they close with...

To be continued...

I suspect this whole thing is bs and NBC is just trying to hype the show.

I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain this is the case.

BTW, pretty accurate info here...

ABC

The Bachelor: Already renewed.
Better Off Ted: Could go either way.
Brothers & Sisters: Already renewed.
Castle: Could go either way.
Cupid: It's a goner.
Dancing with the Stars: Already renewed.:mad:
Desperate Housewives: Already renewed.
Dirty Sexy Money: Officially canceled.
Eli Stone: Officially canceled.
Grey's Anatomy: Already renewed.
In the Motherhood: It's a goner.
Lost: Already renewed.:thumbsup:
Private Practice: Already renewed.
Pushing Daisies: Officially canceled.
Samantha Who?: Could go either way.
Scrubs: Prospects brightening.
Supernanny: Already renewed.:rolleyes:
Surviving Suburbia: A long shot.
Ugly Betty: Already renewed.
The Unusuals: A long shot.
Wife Swap: Already renewed.:rolleyes:

CBS

The Amazing Race: Already renewed.:rolleyes:
The Big Bang Theory: Already renewed.
Cold Case: Could go either way.:(
Criminal Minds: Sure thing.
CSI: Sure thing.
CSI: Miami: Sure thing.
CSI: NY: Sure thing.
Eleventh Hour: Could go either way. Now a long shot. Hearing the crew is looking for other work.
Flashpoint: A long shot. Could continue airing in Canada.
Gary Unmarried: Could go either way.
Ghost Whisperer: Sure thing.
Harper's Island: It's a goner.
How I Met Your Mother: Sure thing.
The Mentalist: Sure thing.
NCIS: Sure thing.
New Adventures of Old Christine: Could go either way. ABC poised to pick up if CBS passes.
Numb3rs: Safe bet.
Rules of Engagement: Safe bet.
Survivor: Already renewed.:rolleyes:
Two and a Half Men: Already renewed.
The Unit: A long shot. Now hearing it's a goner.
Without a Trace: Could go either way.
Worst Week: A long shot.

FOX

24: Already renewed.:thumbsup:
American Dad: Already renewed.
American Idol: Already renewed.:mad:
Bones: Sure thing.
Dollhouse: Could go either way. Now hearing it's a long shot.
Family Guy: Already renewed.
Fringe: Sure thing.
House: Sure thing.
King of the Hill: Officially canceled.
Kitchen Nightmares: Already renewed.:rolleyes:
Lie to Me: Sure thing.
Prison Break: Officially canceled.:D
The Simpsons: Already renewed.
Sit Down, Shut Up: It's a goner.
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: A long shot.:cry::frus:
'Til Death: Already renewed (unfortunately).

NBC

30 Rock: Already renewed.
The Biggest Loser: Already renewed.:rolleyes:
Celebrity Apprentice: Already renewed.:rolleyes:
Chuck: Could go either way. Decision may not be made in time for NBC's May 4 "infront" presentation.
Friday Night Lights: Already renewed.
Heroes: Sure thing.:thumbsup:
Kath & Kim: It's a goner.
Kings: It's a goner.
Knight Rider: It's a goner.:thumbsup:
Law & Order: Safe bet. I hear they're already working on next season's episodes.
Law & Order: CI: Could go either way.
Law & Order: SVU: Already renewed.
Life: A long shot. Now hearing it's a goner.
Lipstick Jungle: Officially canceled.
Medium: Safe bet.
My Name is Earl: Could go either way. Fox may rescue it if NBC passes.:confused:
The Office: Already renewed.:thumbsup:
Parks and Recreation: Safe bet.
Southland: Sure thing Officially renewed for 13 episodes.

The CW
90210: Already renewed.:rolleyes:
America's Next Top Model: Already renewed.:rolleyes:
Everybody Hates Chris: It's a goner.
The Game: It's a long shot.
Gossip Girl: Already renewed.
One Tree Hill: Already renewed.
Privileged: Prospects brightening.
Reaper: It's a goner.
Smallville: Already renewed.
Supernatural: Already renewed.:thumbsup:

So that's pretty much where we stand now, too many not-so-real-reality-shows making the cut, killing our chances at of getting or keeping quality shows.:frus:

Link:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/fall-tv-cheat-s.html

JediTricks
05-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Nikki Finke of the LA Weekly is reporting that Chuck season 3 is go! http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/nbc-renews-chuck-medium-law-order/

Better Off Ted - kinda entertaining, probably too expensive to keep tho', and too high-concept for a lot of viewers to get. But it could work if they hang in another season, it's still an office comedy.
Cupid - failed? No, the deuce you say. Now this show has been canned twice, get over it Rob Thomas and move on to something better, like Veronica Mars. ;)

Oh noes, Kath & Kim and Knight Rider didn't make it? How ever could THAT have happened? :evil:

How is L&O:CI even on that list? It's airing new eps only on USA network (owned by NBC, but they air the reruns).

sith_killer_99
05-03-2009, 04:39 PM
I knew they wouldn't cancel Chuck....okay I HOPED they wouldn't cancel Chuck but networks have done idiotic things before.:twisted:

Rocketboy
05-03-2009, 10:44 PM
So glad the future is looking good for Chuck!

And as long as people keep watching reality shows they'll keep making them.
Even so-so rating are good for reality shows since they're so cheap to produce.

JEDIpartner
05-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Nikki Finke of the LA Weekly is reporting that Chuck season 3 is go! http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/nbc-renews-chuck-medium-law-order/

Fantastic!! I hope the "early word" from the "sources" is accurate!!!!! :love:

The reason I'm saying that is 'cos: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/breaking-nbc-un.html

But... at least the "on the bubble" sheet says it's been upgraded to "safe bet".

JediTricks
05-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I just saw that article on EW, every single show Finke mentioned is not confirmed, however, 2 out of 3 are mentioned to be just hammering out the fine details (the 3rd is, unfortunately, Chuck). If Finke is right about the other 2, hopefully she's right about Chuck as well.

OC47150
05-04-2009, 08:08 PM
I find the EW list odd. Flashpoint is pulling in good numbers and EW is reporting isn't not coming back.

I saw an article with Zach Levi that said NBC won't decide Chuck's fate for a few more weeks.

And I can't believe that stinker of a show Parks and Recreation is getting renewed. It's painful to watch.

JimJamBonds
05-07-2009, 10:11 AM
I like the talk of it coming back, hopefully its true!!!

Rocketboy
05-07-2009, 11:43 PM
NBC announced their fall plans on Monday, and as expected, Chuck is still undecided.

Oh Chuck Me: NBC's Decision May Be Delayed

Chuck fans hoping to have their anxiety about a Season 3 pick-up put to rest come Monday might want to brace themselves for a bit more waiting.

Though NBC is expected to discuss its fall season plans at a Monday "infront" presentation, there is talk that the final word on Chuck, among a few other series, could be delayed.

Series lead Zachary Levi told E! Online at a Friday event, "I just got an email from [Chuck executive producer] Josh Schwartz, and he said stay positive, [but] we're not going to find out on Monday. It could be another week or two."

Flying in the face of what Schwartz told Levi, Nikki Finke's Deadline Hollywood blog — albeit without a lick of elaboration — claims that NBC is set to renew Chuck, Medium and Law & Order on Monday.

Any hold-up in unveiling a full fall slate this week is partly due to a glut of pilots that NBC brass are still wading through. The days-long screening process was halted on Thursday, when NBC programming executive Nora O'Brien suddenly died of a brain aneurysm while visiting the set of prospective series Parenthood.

In an interview with TVGuide.com last week, Schwartz predicted a tough decision ahead for NBC, which he said "has always really loved [Chuck]." Addressing the ongoing fan campaign to save the action-comedy, he said, "It's not lost on [NBC], the fan reaction, the critical support, and this grassroots movement that's taken hold. All of that is very significant in indicating momentum for the show, growth for the show, and a really loyal and fervent fan base for the show."

Thus far, NBC has renewed Southland, The Office, 30 Rock, SVU, Celebrity Apprentice, Biggest Loser for the 2009-10 season.Source (http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/405820_tvgif3.html)

Exclusive: NBC Boss Says If Chuck Returns, It May Be on a New Night
NBC's entertainment co-chair Ben Silverman left the options wide open for Chuck's future during the network's presentation of its fall lineup — indicating that Heroes could be paired with a new drama series instead of our favorite spies on Monday nights.

"It could shake out in some way to be a similar lineup, or maybe Chuck would go in a different slot, if we brought it back," he told TVGuide.com. "We haven't locked in [the complete fall schedule], but we like Heroes on Monday. It's established an audience, and we don't want to move it."

Silverman indicated that Heroes could get moved up an hour to 8 pm, where it would be followed by Trauma, a new medical drama, which he says shares a similar "adrenaline."

It's [a matter of] evaluating what works best with what," he said, "and we don't have it all defined yet."

There's not a lot of real estate left, as NBC makes room for Jay Leno's nightly 10 p.m. prime-time show. At least one hour of The Biggest Loser will air on Tuesday, Law & Order: SVU is slotted for Wednesday, Thursday is dedicated to the net's half-hour comedies and Friday is still up in the air. Saturday is populated by new Datelines and crime-show repeats. And on the seventh day, Silverman gives us Sunday Night Football.

Since much of NBC's "infront" presentation dwelled on the synchronization of content and advertising — namely, in cross-promotions and product placement — TVGuide.com asked Silverman about the fact that Chuck sponsor Subway went on to play a central role in the fan campaign directed at saving the series.

"It's amazing," he said, "and that's the goal around those [partnerships]. That is a win-win."Source (http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/405857_tvgif4.html)
NO! KEEP CHUCK ON MONDAY!

Mad Slanted Powers
05-08-2009, 01:35 AM
It depends on what else is on. I've been recording Chuck and Heroes and watching House and 24. Lately, Tuesday and Wednesday have been fairly light TV viewing for me, as I've only been watching Fringe on Tuesday, and Better Off Ted and Lost on Wednesday.

JEDIpartner
05-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Michael Ausiello and another guy were on NPR yesterday and three listeners mentioned Chuck during the short broadcast. Ausiello stated that NBC is likely to bring Chuck back, but for only 13 episodes per season. He also said that it is also in NBC's best interest to keep this show as they are having huge PR issues at the moment and cancelling a show like this (one that has such a loyal and vocal following) would be a disaster for them.

The reason for the PR issues? The five-night a week Leno show during primetime is really annoying viewers, the renewal of the ever-sinking Heroes, Saturday evening rerun schedule and the abundance of reality programming.

Good luck to Chuck! :thumbsup:

Phantom-like Menace
05-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Well, I'm certainly a Chuck fan, and I'm really glad to hear it's got a shot, but I don't desire Heroes getting canned (Though if it would have saved Life . . .). Heroes can get their act in gear, and it's just a question of whether or not they will. Simply: I'd rather see it improved than canned.

sith_killer_99
05-16-2009, 01:12 PM
It's funny, I was watching some news show the other day, I forget which one, and the news caster made a comment "save Chuck" then went on to report on something or other, he made some kind of joke then followed up with "seriously, save Chuck".

I'm paraphrasing here. The point is this thing has really grown!

JimJamBonds
05-17-2009, 04:39 AM
I wonder if that means 13 episodes per season OR only reupping for 13 episodes and if all goes well they'll reup for the final 9???

Rocketboy
05-17-2009, 10:49 PM
It seems to be all but official, Chuck will be back...but at a price. (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/its-official-nb.html)

It's official: NBC renews 'Chuck' (but there's a catch)

Never underestimate the power of a $5 footlong.
NBC has finalized a deal to bring Chuck back for a third season, multiple sources confirm.
That's the good news. Here's the bad news: The 13-episode pickup came after Warner Bros. agreed to make significant budget concessions, including scaling back the number of episodes several members of the show's stellar supporting cast will appear in and, per one insider, possibly eliminating one actor altogether (R.I.P. Anna Wu?). The show is also expected to cut two of its staff writers.The concessions really suck, but hopefully they can build from the Save Chuck campaign and DVD sales and get a full season order.
Some Chuck is better than no Chuck at all.

JimJamBonds
05-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I agree RB, but like you said its back so I am happy!

Mad Slanted Powers
05-18-2009, 12:17 AM
I don't mind a short season. Maybe if more shows were that way, they could have fewer, but higher quality episodes, and they could be run weekly without interruptions for reruns or being preempted by other things. Shows with a continuing story could be written with a definite end for each season so that they wouldn't get stuck with a series getting cancelled and ending on a cliffhanger.

Phantom-like Menace
05-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Next season is looking up after all. But . . . no Anna? Is there a heartbreak smiley?:cry:

Edit: Maybe they'll cut Emmit. He's got to be getting more money than Ling, and I doubt he looks nearly as enticing with absurdly short skirts.

Rocketboy
05-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Emmit and Anna are the two most likely.
Anna could leave Morgan while in Hawaii and Big Mike will get his job back so the exit of the leaving character is possibly half-written.

JEDIpartner
05-18-2009, 10:35 AM
If Morgan is in Hawaii, wouldn't the logical choice be... Morgan?

sith_killer_99
05-18-2009, 11:02 AM
^ +1:yes:

Also, didn't Anna leave with Morgan?

JEDIpartner
05-18-2009, 02:36 PM
^ +1:yes:

Also, didn't Anna leave with Morgan?

Right... but Anna isn't a major character. She wasn't even in half the season. The article stated that one major character wouldn't be returning. Who knows how many minor ones won't be returning.

Phantom-like Menace
05-18-2009, 05:38 PM
It just said one actor, not one major actor.

JediTricks
05-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Glad to hear it's coming back finally, though I think NBC needs to take a longer look at itself and figure out what is causing shows like this to languish on their shoddy excuse for a network.

I hate to say it, but I think the show could do without Jeff & Lester, they take up a lot of screentime and while amusing, add nothing to the show's overall arc.

Phantom-like Menace
05-18-2009, 07:01 PM
I can't entirely disagree with axing Jeff and Lester. They were the inspiration for possibly my favorite line of the series here in the season finale, and I am amused from time to time by some of the creepy lines Jeff throws out there, but if we lost either, especially Lester, I wouldn't really have much of a problem.

OC47150
05-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Jeff and Lester have to stay!!! They and Casey are the comic relief. The lines that come out of their mouths are classic!

Anna and Emmett can definitely go. Anna was only in...what, half the episodes this season at most?

If NBC is smart, they'd hold the show and run all 13 episodes in a row, ala 24.

JimJamBonds
05-18-2009, 08:04 PM
If Morgan is in Hawaii, wouldn't the logical choice be... Morgan?

Yup, Harry Tang hasn't been on since he went to Hawaii.

JEDIpartner
05-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Honestly, with the Intersect V 2.0 in Chuck's head, will there really be any need for the Buy More as a setting?

sith_killer_99
05-19-2009, 01:42 PM
^ Oh yes, more so now!!!

In walks customer, instinctively Chuck drops kick customer who is holding/doing X which was interpreted as Y and Chuck 2.0 goes into action.:laugh:

This could work well with fellow employees, customers, etc. Better yet, the employees could pick up on it and start following Chucks lead, hitting/kicking customers for whatever lame excuse Chuck told them was his reason for doing the same.:laugh:

Rocketboy
05-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Chuck (and Casey) quit the Buy More.

JimJamBonds
05-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Honestly, with the Intersect V 2.0 in Chuck's head, will there really be any need for the Buy More as a setting?

On the one hand with Morgan apparently gone why even bother with the Buy More? Chuck, Casey and Sarah could be full time CIA/NSA agents and the heck with a cover (although they would have to lie about what Chuck does to his sister). On the other hand with Chuck being at the Buy More he is in one spot(ish) and Casey and Sarah can keep better track of him. Plus then he is 'grounded' with his normal life pre intersect and has to deal with how those two parts mix.

sith_killer_99
05-19-2009, 07:14 PM
they would have to lie about what Chuck does to his sister

Dude, that is so wrong!:twisted:

Phantom-like Menace
05-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Haha. That's a great comment to start my workday.

JediTricks
05-20-2009, 03:58 AM
Jeff and Lester have to stay!!! They and Casey are the comic relief. The lines that come out of their mouths are classic!It's a comedy, everybody's the comic relief. Morgan is the comic relief sidekick, and then Jeff & Lester are basically his sidekicks. It's redundant, and unlike Morgan, they don't really enhance Chuck's story.

Anna and Emmett can definitely go. Anna was only in...what, half the episodes this season at most?MUST KEEP ANNA!!! Cliche hot asian tech chick is fun! Emmett is fun too, but evil genius crap seems pretty easy to let go.

If NBC is smart, they'd hold the show and run all 13 episodes in a row, ala 24.Have you seen the rest of NBC's so-called Fall lineup? It's horrendously awful, not one shred of it you could call "smart". They own USA and SyFy networks, both of which air half their 13 ep seasons and then sit on the other half for 6 months, I wouldn't be surprised if NBC did that with Chuck just to screw it up worse.

Honestly, with the Intersect V 2.0 in Chuck's head, will there really be any need for the Buy More as a setting?It's become a mediocre cover, but they have endeared the place in the show, and without it, Chuck isn't really an everyman geek forced to play spy.

SK99, that was a Jeffster-worthy moment.

Rocketboy
05-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Surprised nobody commented on this in the "Earl" thread, but Chuck ain't coming back until February. (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b124664_nbc_news_chuck_renewed_my_name_earl.html)

Chuck is officially coming back, thanks to the largesse of sponsor Subway. Chuck will air Mondays at 8 p.m. beginning in February, after the Olympics.

JEDIpartner
05-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Surprised nobody commented on this in the "Earl" thread, but Chuck ain't coming back until February. (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b124664_nbc_news_chuck_renewed_my_name_earl.html)

I am SO grateful for that. I'd rather the season come back and get a full run-through. Perhaps it will find more of an audience that will stick this time.

Ando
05-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Bummer about the mid season replacement-esque return, but I am excited that Chuck will get more adventures.

Rocketboy
05-20-2009, 08:37 PM
I am SO grateful for that. I'd rather the season come back and get a full run-through. Perhaps it will find more of an audience that will stick this time.I was hoping it would be back in the fall, get better ratings and get an additional 9 episode order so we have a full season.

JimJamBonds
05-20-2009, 11:48 PM

It's become a mediocre cover, but they have endeared the place in the show, and without it, Chuck isn't really an everyman geek forced to play spy.

With Intersect Mark II in Chuck's noggin and his ability to do kung fu etc. Chuck isn't an everyman anymore.

JediTricks
05-23-2009, 07:20 PM
With Intersect Mark II in Chuck's noggin and his ability to do kung fu etc. Chuck isn't an everyman anymore.
That presents a rather significant hurdle then, as Chuck's appeal is his everygeek appeal.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-23-2009, 07:39 PM
That presents a rather significant hurdle then, as Chuck's appeal is his everygeek appeal.

Maybe they will develop a different cover working a more prestigious job. That will keep his sister from being worried about him wasting his life at the Buy More.

sith_killer_99
05-24-2009, 12:14 PM

Yes and no. Chuck is still the same guy, it's not like they went all Alpha (Dollhouse) on Chuck, his personality is the same. Just because he can do something doesn't mean he will do something. For example they could have flashed him on how to be an expert sharp shooter, that doesn't mean he wants to pick up a gun and kill people. The same thing would apply to physical violence.

I suspect they will use his new skills sparingly, and they will be used only as a reflex action since Chuck would have little or no desire to hone his new found skills.

Something I do see coming is a fight between Chuck and Casey. I see it going a couple of different ways.

1. Chuck hits Casey reflexively for a comedic moment in the show.

2. Casey gets aggressive towards Chuck and Chuck pops off with "You might want to watch it, I can kick your butt now". Casey will likely let it go (insert sneer), but after a couple of comments like that, Casey will get fed up.

In either case they will likely end up in a "friendly" sparring match. Either Casey will win because Chuck lets him, or it will be declared a draw, again because Chuck holds back. In either case it will be obvious to us, the viewers, but not to Casey, that Chuck held back.

It's just too good for the writers not to use.

JEDIpartner
05-27-2009, 11:47 AM
From what I understood, the Intersect V 2.0 isn't entirely stable. Basically, Chuck's newfound skills will come and go without his control. I think that will allow for a lot of comedic moments.

sith_killer_99
05-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Basically, Chuck's newfound skills will come and go without his control. I think that will allow for a lot of comedic moments.

Nice, that will make it interesting. It also has more of a real world feel to it, as nothing ever seems to go as expected in real life.:thumbsup:

OC47150
05-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Zac Levi is good with physical comedy, so next season should be interesting.

JimJamBonds
05-30-2009, 11:07 AM
From what I understood, the Intersect V 2.0 isn't entirely stable. Basically, Chuck's newfound skills will come and go without his control. I think that will allow for a lot of comedic moments.

When it doesn't "work" will there be a 'waa waa waaaaaa' sound? :D

JEDIpartner
06-11-2009, 11:49 AM
When it doesn't "work" will there be a 'waa waa waaaaaa' sound? :D

I was thinking more like the "Debbie Downer" sound. LOL

JimJamBonds
06-16-2009, 05:29 PM
I think that should work as well.

OC47150
08-05-2009, 06:55 PM
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/08/chuck-friday-night-lights-conan-obrien-notes-from-nbcs-press-tour.html

March? Are you kidding me???

Rocketboy
08-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Sonuvab*tch.
I expected January or so, not friggin' March.
It's like they want the show to die.

Hopefully they don't wait until February to release Season 2 on DVD.
I'm sick and tired of waiting for a release date for that one.

JimJamBonds
08-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Well hopefully that will be a straight run for those 13 episodes.

JEDIpartner
08-06-2009, 08:25 AM
I was on the floor when I heard that Jeffster played at the start of the Chuck panel at SDCC. :)

JimJamBonds
08-06-2009, 08:29 AM
i was on the floor when i heard that jeffster played at the start of the chuck panel at sdcc. :)

AWESOME!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp9YA327N4k

Rocketboy
08-06-2009, 03:10 PM
There was a Chuck panel?
I didn't see any coverage of it anywhere! That totally slipped under my radar!

Rocketboy
08-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Quick google about the panel and found this DVD nugget:

The news that the season 2 DVD was set to release in early 2010 excited the fans. The DVD is set to be packed with all sorts of goodies, including the 3-D episode "Chuck vs. the Third Dimension," as well as special features like a look inside how they do the stunts, "Captain Awesome's Tips for Being Awesome" as well as John Casey's "So You Wanna Be A Spy."Early 2010?
No...:cry:

JediTricks
08-06-2009, 03:30 PM
I was on the floor when I heard that Jeffster played at the start of the Chuck panel at SDCC. :)Damn, that explains why the line was so much longer than expected, and why so many of us couldn't get into that panel. So sick of this crap, 2 hours in line isn't enough anymore at SDCC for the FIRST PANEL OF THE DAY.

AWESOME!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp9YA327N4kWow, that's awesome and horrible camerawork and noisy idiot fangirls all at the same time. Jeff doesn't do squat on that keytar. :p

OC47150
08-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Sonuvab*tch.
I expected January or so, not friggin' March.
It's like they want the show to die.

Hopefully they don't wait until February to release Season 2 on DVD.
I'm sick and tired of waiting for a release date for that one.

As much as I loathe NBC's decision and will miss Jeffster's antics, it is the right one. It will be after the Winter Olympics.

Rocketboy
08-06-2009, 10:32 PM
As much as I loathe NBC's decision and will miss Jeffster's antics, it is the right one. It will be after the Winter Olympics.Ah. I forgot about the Olympics.
Makes a bit more sense now. Still sucks though.

JimJamBonds
08-09-2009, 03:29 PM
...Jeff doesn't do squat on that keytar. :p

Its a keytar.... 'nuff said!

JEDIpartner
08-13-2009, 05:57 PM
The Jets (remember the Wolfgramm family from the 80s? Cross My Broken Heart, You Got It All, Rocket 2 U...)... now THEY rocked the Keytars!!!

OC47150
08-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Some interesting Chuck news.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/08/chuck-brandon-rouths-role-is-top-secret.html

JimJamBonds
08-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Just a guess but I bet he has the hots for Sarah.

OC47150
08-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Just a guess but I bet he has the hots for Sarah.

Who doesn't? :love:

JimJamBonds
08-30-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm on the "yes" list for that one!!!

JediTricks
09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Look, it's Bryce 2.0!

JimJamBonds
09-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Look, it's Bryce 2.0!

Or that British dude who was around for a couple of episodes this past season.

Rocketboy
09-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang on the CW’s Smallville) has landed a role on the NBC TV series Chuck. Kristin will be playing the role of Hannah, who Chuck meets on a flight to Paris. Hannah then ends up getting laid off from her cool job and finds herself working for Buy More.Screenrant (http://screenrant.com/chuck-kristin-kreuk-brusimm-24225/)
For a show that was supposed to have their budget cut they sure do seem to be adding a few cast members (even if it is only for a few episodes).
Not that I'm complaining...

JimJamBonds
09-11-2009, 10:40 PM
You can add Angie Harmon to that list as well.

OC47150
10-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Chuck may be coming back earlier than expected! Like the next few weeks!!!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15379/-chuck-coming-back-early-

I really liked Southland and hated to hear that it was canceled.

Rocketboy
10-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Oh, f*ck yeah.

JimJamBonds
10-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Cool, I just hope NBC order's more then the 13 episodes for this season.

JEDIpartner
10-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Chuck may be coming back earlier than expected! Like the next few weeks!!!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15379/-chuck-coming-back-early-

I really liked Southland and hated to hear that it was canceled.

I really wasn't surprised that it got cancelled, to be quite honest. It started off strong and NBC bad mouthed Chuck during the "who'll get renewed" thing and, coincidentally, the numbers started to decline. So... it's karma, I'm telling you!!!

Oh, so when I was in NYC to see the Kylie Minogue concert, I was standing by this Russian guy and his wife. If I hadn't known that the hot blonde woman was his wife, I could have sworn it was Yvonne Strahovski. She was adorable!!!!!