PDA

View Full Version : Figure stand re-release with new name stickers

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-17-2008, 01:16 PM
As seen here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/popup.php?categoryid=3&p17_sectionid=313&p17_imageid=2008), it seems like Hasbro will start shipping the stands with new name labels. It lists 2008 figures and some new figures like Ammunition Droid, Anakin Skywalker - Concept, and Assault Battle Droid. There's also an AT-ST Driver - it could be the ones from the Targets sets, but then again, it might be a new one. I don't know if I'll buy more as I still have a bunch from the set I got last year, but we'll see.

DarkArtist
10-17-2008, 02:52 PM
i'd buy a couple of sets but i would also want to see another stand done with the Clone Wars logo on it. I mean I know they pack a EU stand but I hold Clone Wars as more canon than EU and feel it should have a seperate stand by itself.

also i think they shouold include the same number of stands as the stickers, that was frustrating trying to figure out which figures i wanted to give stands to.

would also love to see Hasbro have a coin promo similiar to the Vintage Kenner display back in the day. it would be cool if they included the last few figures from the TAC line (ie Waves 1&2 of 2008) as well. kinda of incentive to buy the display.

bigbarada
10-17-2008, 03:12 PM
I notice that these stands have two pegs on them and I seem to recall the previous stands only had one. I tend to prefer the 2-peg stands since you don't end up with the figure looking like it's rocking back on one foot (which is only a big problem on figures with no ankle articulation).

Also nice to see Arvel Crynyd's name on that list, :thumbsup: I probably wouldn't order this whole set for that one stand, but I might be willing to trade something for it.

DarkJedi5
10-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Couldn't you just get a lable maker and make them yourself?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-17-2008, 06:02 PM
I notice that these stands have two pegs on them and I seem to recall the previous stands only had one. I tend to prefer the 2-peg stands since you don't end up with the figure looking like it's rocking back on one foot (which is only a big problem on figures with no ankle articulation).

Also nice to see Arvel Crynyd's name on that list, :thumbsup: I probably wouldn't order this whole set for that one stand, but I might be willing to trade something for it.
Oh, cool, I didn't even notice the two pegs. That will really help with battle droids and the like.

JediTricks
10-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Ammunition Droid is not new, it's the tan Gonk Droid from the SW:Battlefront II set.

I didn't notice the second peg, good catch!

El Chuxter
10-17-2008, 08:57 PM
The two-peg dealio works really well in GIJoe.

Snowtrooper
10-18-2008, 01:59 PM
I like that they are going to two pegs. The previous version was nice but there are some figures that stand up better with the two pegs.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Are these available yet? The ones on hasbrotoyshop.com still seem to be the old ones.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-20-2009, 02:49 AM
I still haven't seen these. The ones at Hasbro still appear to be the old kind. Any news on when they will be available?

Snowtrooper
06-20-2009, 01:16 PM
I thought I'd heard some time in June. I've been holding off buying more stands until these show up.

TheDarthVader
06-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Didn't the old list have the name "Fixer" on it? Did Fixer ever come out? I don't remember him being in the 2008 lineup.

DarkJedi5
06-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Fixer was planned for an 2010 comic pack that has been delayed for the time being. He was planned to come in a pack with Cammie based on a Marvel comic but featuring them in their movie togs. JabbaJohnL broke the news here:

This photo (http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absolutenm/articlefiles/7932-2.jpg) from GalacticHunter confirms the comic packs. Luke and R2 are repacks, so that's no big deal, but we're finally getting Camie and Fixer! Hot nuts, yes!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-22-2009, 03:12 PM
TDV, that Fixer was for the character from the Republic Commando game. I doubt if the ANH figure was even in development at that time.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-22-2009, 05:41 PM
TDV, that Fixer was for the character from the Republic Commando game.Indeed. It was part of a Republic Commando set in the TSC line in 2006 - http://www.rebelscum.com/TSCdeltasquad.asp

Snowtrooper
07-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Over at the otheR Site, someone reported that they had ordered a box of stands from HTS and when they arrived, they were the new, double peg stands. I'm still a bit leary about ordering a set based on this info though. They may still have a bunch of the old type around and you may be just as likely to get those.

Snowtrooper
07-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Well I sent HTS an e-mail to see if they were indeed selling the double peg versions. They said that they are only shipping out the single peg versions. So the guy that claimed to have gotten them was either a liar, or it was a fluke.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Well I sent HTS an e-mail to see if they were indeed selling the double peg versions. They said that they are only shipping out the single peg versions. So the guy that claimed to have gotten them was either a liar, or it was a fluke.Or he has double vision (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDD3SsyQ_Pw).

amidalak
07-06-2009, 11:47 AM
I purchased 3 boxes almost 2 weeks ago and they sent the double pegged stands. It is nice to now have both one peg and 2 peg stands, some fig's are fine on one peg, but it's great to have the 2 peg stand for those that aren't.

Snowtrooper
07-06-2009, 02:14 PM
I should've considered a third alternative........the guy emailing me doesn't know **** about his product.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-06-2009, 02:42 PM
I purchased 3 boxes almost 2 weeks ago and they sent the double pegged stands. It is nice to now have both one peg and 2 peg stands, some fig's are fine on one peg, but it's great to have the 2 peg stand for those that aren't.
Are the name stickers new? If so, could you please post a scan of them, so we can see what's new?

amidalak
07-08-2009, 12:07 PM
The only thing I saw that I didn't recognize as something from a rumor list was "King Organa". There's tons of troopers and a surprising amount of Ewoks, but nothing really new, at least not that I noticed. Sorry no scan, I don't have a scanner and I couldn't get a clear pic with my digital camera.

DarkJedi5
07-08-2009, 01:09 PM
The only thing I saw that I didn't recognize as something from a rumor list was "King Organa". There's tons of troopers and a surprising amount of Ewoks, but nothing really new, at least not that I noticed. Sorry no scan, I don't have a scanner and I couldn't get a clear pic with my digital camera.

Well I bet that "King Organa" is meant to refer to Bail. While he is not technically the King of Alderaan, he is a member of the royal house, no? I doubt they would ever make a figure of Breha's father, the true King of Alderaan, who never appeared in film and isn't even important in the EU.

amidalak
07-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I figured it was Bail, too, I just hadn't seen him referred to as "king" anywhere. Some EU story, maybe?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Were there other concept figures listed? I know Anakin was on there, but he's already out, so . . .

amidalak
07-08-2009, 04:15 PM
No other concept figure stickers, sorry.

Snowtrooper
07-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Well, I finally got around to ordering a box of stands from HTS and I got the double pegged ones, so I guess I'll be getting more of them the next time I order.

amidalak
07-27-2009, 04:48 PM
They are on sale right now for $4.99, I picked up another 5 boxes for $33 with shipping & with the comic2009 discount code.