PDA

View Full Version : SSG's Tri-Weekly Hasbro Q&A - October 17th

JediTricks
10-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Uh, lets see, we got soda... purple stuff... -yeah! Hasbro's answers to SSG questions for October 17th, 2008, alright! Or is that just Sunny D? Thanks again to Hasbro for the answers, to all the folks who sent in questions and especially those who voted on them.

Hasbro Q&A for the week of October 17th

SSG: With the recent release of The Force Unleashed and the success of Hasbro's TFU product in the 2008 TAC line, what are the chances of getting more TFU figures beyond the 2009 Felucia Shaak Ti you recently confirmed? Understanding that the soonest there could be new TFU items is 2010, collectors want PROXY, more of Starkiller's costumes, a new Juno Eclipse more accurate to the final game, accurate Incinerator Troopers, teenage Princess Leia, battle-damaged Rahm Kota, Kazdan Paratus, accurate Jump Troopers, shadow versions of the various troopers, and even a 3.75" figure version of the Rogue Shadow and the Bull Rancor. Any of these gonna happen, and what can we do to increase that likelihood?
Hasbro: The Force Unleashed looks to be on its way to being perhaps the best selling Star Wars game in history - no mean feat with predecessors like Battlefront II and KotOR. Equally as passionate have been the fans, and "when are we getting more TFU figures?!!" is easily the top question for this Q&A session. We like TFU as much as you and we are looking at adding additional characters. If we did, they might not be here before Spring 2010, but many of the characters you suggest are high on our list. However, we don't think the Bull Rancor or Rogue Shadow are likely candidates unless they show up elsewhere in entertainment as well - neither is really as central as we'd like to have the peace of mind we'd be able to recoup the massive investment needed for these (as it is, we had to split the Rancor into two different packs to be able to justify it, something we can't do with the more confined Bull Rancor).

SSG: Not long ago, we asked which EU figures were their personal favorites and wishlist entries, but none of the ones listed were from the Marvel series. With the upcoming Lumiya figure (and by the way, who will she be coming with in that comic 2pack? Issue #96 suggests Luke from the duel, but perhaps someone else maybe?), what other Marvel figures might be on the team members' EU wishlists?
Hasbro: Lumiya will indeed be coming with Luke, to allow fans to recreate their epic duels. Along with the recently released favs K-3PX, Fenn Shysha, Tobbi Dala, and the upcoming Wal-Mart exclusive Ewok 3-pack, we're glad to have been able to get to some of our top candidates this year. Next year will be a bit drier for the Marvel characters as we concentrate on more Dark Horse facets, but it's a good bet that there will be more Marvel-inspired goodness in 2010. High on our wish list would be some new versions of Luke and Leia, Valance the Hunter, Dani, Rik Duel, and Tippet (to round out the clan). How many will actually make it, if any, in the 2010 line plan remains to be seen.

SSG: Back in Dec '07, you told us that while you didn't have a carded basic Wedge Antilles planned, there was "at least one cool new Wedge figure" due in '08 if your schedule held. This August, you told another site that you "had plans for a great Wedge this year, but the project was delayed and will appear in Fall 2009," (again, if schedules held). Then on Sept 5th, a third site asked about Wedge, and you gave a similar answer about the set he's in being delayed until "later in 2009". Now, an online retailer has listed a case assortment for Comic Packs Wave 5 which includes "X-wing Rogue Squadron #32 with Borsk Fey'la and Wedge Antilles (Academy Outfit)" expected out around February '09. Is their set listing accurate, and if so, is this your aforementioned Fall '09 Wedge or a different figure altogether?
Hasbro: That listing *is* accurate and it is not the Wedge we were hinting at, but in fact another set centered around Wedge. Stay tuned!

- - -

And the questions at ActionFigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1916):

Back in May, one of your answers about The Force Unleashed was that you're looking at 1 more TFU figure for 2009, and that as the Hasbro Star Wars team saw and played more of the game new ideas for toys from TFU would "spring forth"; more recently, you said that the soonest there could be new TFU items is 2010. Now that we've all had a chance to play this awesome new Star Wars game, some collectors are champing at the bit for another whole wave of TFU figures. What TFU items have found their way onto the Hasbro team's wishlists (beyond PROXY, whom you've already said is on your list)?
Might you be willing to give us some of the lowdown on what will be coming up from the Greatest Hits sub-line? With the Saga Legends line (we're aware this is different from GH) reusing last year's Yoda on Kybuck, fans would like to see if Greatest Hits might find some figures from that TAC EU wave which were hard to get, such as Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Pre-Cyborg Grievous. And it's not like the main lines where everything's a secret until development's done, Greatest Hits is made up of existing figures, so could we know what to expect in the sub-line?
While we were very pleased to see many new tools for Titanium Series at your Comic-Con display, fans of the line have had a bumpy ride lately. Hasbro didn't bring any new Titaniums to Toy Fair last February, '08 wave 4 was summarily canceled and supposedly redistributed into other waves - though we've not seen any sign of this is case listings so far - and until July many of the line's collectors had only the words in a few Q&As to assure them of the line's progress and were left wondering whether there was a future for it at all (we were thrilled that Comic-Con reconfirmed the Hasbro Star Wars team's commitment to this line). With that in mind, could you give us a preview of any new Titaniums being developed for the future, and what's scheduled for the first half of '09? We'd really appreciate it, it'd help sustain the line's momentum and build a collecting base. And will the Titanium Cylon Basestar you previously confirmed for the last wave of 2008 actually get released since retailer preorders are up to January '09's wave 6 with no sign of it yet the BSG license expires at the end of the year?

cookiemonster
10-17-2008, 05:51 PM
I had a feeling the Marvel Q&A would suck, they have no interest in this area, I am sorry but its a lame exscuse.

The Force Unleashed, hmmmm lets release figures for a game that is most probably forgotten about in 2010, dont get me wrong but TFU is going to be replaced by something else by then, they should strike while the iron is hot and get TFU figures out next year.

And the last bit, well I am pleased about that, theres still a chance to get Wedge Antilles in X-Wing Pilot Uniform.

JediTricks
10-17-2008, 05:57 PM
The reality is that the Marvel Star Wars universe kinda stinks, it's not all that Star Warsy, it's more a product of the rather weak state of '70s comic sci-fi (poor). Rik Duel looks like a POTF2 deluxe figure with bad paint and a goatee.

Figures take around 18 months to produce, so sadly, even if they start now it'll still be 2010.

I suspect the Wedge will be in X-wing costume, and will come with his X-wing that's been rumored.

So very annoyed that the Titanium Basestar is canned.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-17-2008, 06:01 PM
They didn't really say what's coming in the GH line. These were kind of a lot of non-answers this time, I think. What about those other three questions you sent?

cookiemonster
10-17-2008, 06:15 PM
On Marvel Star Wars, this is an old running arguement some people love it like me and others dont (I could be wrong but this seems to be the stance you have towards it), me personally I think a lot more of the PT stories told by Dark Horse Stink, yet they are more willing to do Dark Horse CPs (I think it has more to do with Dark Horse being more in the lime light now, compared to Marvel Star Wars - not who was the better story teller).

FundingMyAddiction
10-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Right off the top of our heads our favorites would be PROXY, both Darths, the Mandalorians, Starkiller's father, some of the many new trooper types, and more.

This answer is a little disconcerting. Out of that whole game, why would you consider making Starkiller's father, who has all of two scenes and looks like a generic human Jedi, over another boss character like Kazdan Paratus, who is at least alien and looks different. I would think they would favor more of the interesting looking trooper types (any of the variations of the royal guards) or any of the many Felucian varieties, rather than "both Darths" for the billionth time.

LTBasker
10-17-2008, 07:51 PM
That's incredibly disappointing about wave 4, and a bit confusing. Do they mean "ultimately did not ship" in the sense that they were produced, packaged, and packed then left to rot? Or, did they just not get to production in time, and so were scrapped, and the "ultimately did not ship" is meaning that there are none in existence?

El Chuxter
10-17-2008, 07:56 PM
See, this is why I said the Transformers answers were surprisingly candid and informative. :)

The Marvel SW stories are cheesy, but they hold a special place in the hearts of many fans. That's more than I can say about Dark Horse, who, with a few exceptions (Rogue Squadron, Droids, and the first Lt Sunber storyline) have chased trends in comicdom as a whole and shoehorned them into SW, giving us carp like Dark Empire (really, resurrecting Palpatine twice, and Boba, IG-88, and Dengar? What is this, X-Men?) and Legacy.

Umbra
10-18-2008, 02:30 AM
Regarding the force unleashed answer...am I the only one who has no recollection of "Mandalorians" being in Force Unleashed?

also, i'm extremely disappointed i will not be getting Revan and Malak anytime soon ;-;

FundingMyAddiction
10-18-2008, 04:45 AM
Regarding the force unleashed answer...am I the only one who has no recollection of "Mandalorians" being in Force Unleashed?

i was also going to mention that too, but then I was unsure of myself. I really don't remember any Mandalorians either. The only thing even remotely close was the Mandalorian armor donned by our hero.

Umbra
10-18-2008, 10:15 AM
i was also going to mention that too, but then I was unsure of myself. I really don't remember any Mandalorians either. The only thing even remotely close was the Mandalorian armor donned by our hero.

I don't think they were even mentioned in the Art and Making of book...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-18-2008, 02:54 PM
There were several Mandalorians on the Cloud City level in the PS2 version.

obi-dad
10-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Holy cr@pper face, batman! How many of "when will we get more tfu figures" and "can you release the last indy waves online?" questions can we get in the same week. Too bad there's not a better way the sites could communicate between each other before submitting questions. Wasn't so bad when there were Q&A updates weekly (which I admit was too much), but now that they are coming every 3 weeks it really sucks when almost every site ask the same one question and multiple ask the Indy question. I'm not blaming everyone, but I misscounted and was looking for answers last Friday, so by this week, I was really looking forward to some cool news. But, being that I have no interest in The Clone Wars figures or TFU figures, little interest in the EU comic packs (unless there are cool looking aliens - which really applies to the TFU figures, too), waning interest interest in PT figures, that only leaves news about OT and Galactic Heroes figures that gets my blood pumping. Cool to at least get Captain Needa confirmed by Hasbro, but really, it was already basically known anyway. You would think Hasbro themselves would like to start breaking some of their own news first and be the first to show pictures to us. Do we have to wait for ToyFair to get more news and pics of upcoming waves?

JediTricks
10-20-2008, 04:26 AM
What about those other three questions you sent?I didn't send them in, another outlet did, and I haven't heard back on what happened there, should find out tomorrow.