PDA

View Full Version : Jawa & WED droid images

Snowtrooper
10-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Here are some images of the Jawa & WED droid I got from HansHideout. Jawa looks nice. I like the new gun that comes with it. WED droid looks super sweet, lots of articulated arms.

Old Fossil
10-18-2008, 03:05 PM
AWESOME!!! Finally, a reason to be excited about SW collecting again!

The droid is the WED droid figure I've been wanting since around 1978!

The Jawa looks great, a bit clunky but will be a great addition to my Jawa clan.

Slicker
10-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Wow. This actually looks really good. They need to start making more of these sorts of figures instead of all of that carpy EU that nobody gives a damn about.

JediTricks
10-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I didn't know there were any Jawas in the Ghostbusters. What is up with the giant ion gun and hose?

Otherwise, these look good.

mark2d2
10-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Indeed! This set is amazing! WED-15 "Septoid 2" appears to be utterly beyond perfect! A new astounding high-water mark in droid figs for Hasbro. The details in the sculpts on the arms is simply stunning.

Sure, the Jawa has just been retooled slightly by giving it some new accessories. But after all the work that went into the droid, I won't be complaining. The "iconic" weapon is awesome! I love that we have the weird gun-with-a-cord at long last in this scale. Clearly the Bandolier underwent the necessary resculpting as well to accommodate the new gun as well.

Plus there appears to be another accessory hanging over his shoulder, too.

And finally, simply casting the vest the same exact color as the robes was a novel (and shrewd) move. Bravo, Hasbro. Bravo.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Wow, that looks great. The Jawa looks different from the TAC one but it's probably just the lighting or paint or something. I doubt the paint will look as good on the production WED droids, but the sculpting detail is just fantastic.

cookiemonster
10-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Ok I am loving this Jawa and WED, will be getting a few of the Jawas, and one of the WEDs.

I hope they make the Tall Jawa next.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Ok I am loving this Jawa and WED, will be getting a few of the Jawas, and one of the WEDs.

I hope they make the Tall Jawa next.
It's a two-pack, so you will have to do some trading or something to get more Jawas than WED droids.

cookiemonster
10-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I will be buying loose Jawas from Ebay, or where I can get them, I will pick up one complete set, and then like you said get the individual figures else where.

Jabbapalacespy
10-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Looks great! I'm really excited for these figures. :thumbsup: After this droid comes out there will only be a few iconic droid figures left from the original trilogy to make. I hope Hasbro keeps up the good work. I'm still hoping for BG-J38 from Jabba's palace and M-HYD, the weird "cookstove" droid roaming around on the jawa sandcrawler. :crazed:

AmanaMatt
10-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Jawa and droid looks great. Don't remember the Jawas having hand cannons the same size as themselves, though!

Umbra
10-18-2008, 06:09 PM
I love jawas, always glad to have another

(though in response to slicker's comment, i'm all for more EU too)

obi-dad
10-18-2008, 08:08 PM
I didn't know there were any Jawas in the Ghostbusters. What is up with the giant ion gun and hose?

Otherwise, these look good.

Glad to finally see someone else ask this. I have been wondering since Hasbro first showed a pic of this Jawa at the SDCC slideshow. Kept thinking I was going to have to watch the movies again to see where I missed this, but I'm guessing now that Hasbro took some license with this one? I still love him, but glad to know my memory isn't completely fried.

jediguy
10-18-2008, 08:38 PM
the Jawa that first shot R2-D2 had this gun

mark2d2
10-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah, it may be a trifle oversized, but this gun is actually very accurate to the film. Look up "ionization blaster" on wookiepedia.

DarkArtist
10-19-2008, 05:07 PM
I think this might be another figure from the wave tha tmight have to be army build. loving both the droid and the Jawa....

however this begs the question "how is including the table with Obi Wan more expensive that packaging two figures on the same card ?"

DarkJedi5
10-20-2008, 12:57 AM
Hasbro has told us 100 times that they cost these out by wave. It may be the fact that they are having two figure two packs in those wave that cost them the tables despite reusing the sculpts for Han/Luke and modifying it for Spacetrooper.

El Chuxter
10-20-2008, 10:25 AM
It almost looks like a new 3.75"-scale Jawa with the gun from the latest 12"-scale Jawa.

cookiemonster
10-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Nah Chuxter, what it is, is their version of a Jawa Portable Ion Cannon, especially made for taking down big Droids.

JediTricks
10-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Hasbro has told us 100 times that they cost these out by wave. It may be the fact that they are having two figure two packs in those wave that cost them the tables despite reusing the sculpts for Han/Luke and modifying it for Spacetrooper.That's the exact excuse they gave, minus the whole "we're recycling the Stormtrooper mold 3 times in this wave, plus the Jawa mold". :p

Nah Chuxter, what it is, is their version of a Jawa Portable Ion Cannon, especially made for taking down big Droids.... and Star Destroyers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-21-2008, 06:04 PM
After looking at Wookieepedia, it looks like this droid is WED 15 Septoid 2 (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/WED_15_Septoid_2), from Tosche station. WED-15-ST68 (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/WED-15-ST68), the one at the droid sale, is much whiter but pretty much the same. Eh, it's a close enough match, but it's one of those details that will bug me (until I forget about it in a few weeks :p ).

DarkJedi5
10-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Or until Hasbro rereleases it with the whiter paint app as an entirely new figure.

El Chuxter
10-21-2008, 06:28 PM
I meant, aside from the massive size, his weapon actually looks like the most recent 12"-scale Jawa.

Kidhuman
10-21-2008, 07:16 PM
I really like these pics. This is a must get and the Jawa looks great.

mark2d2
10-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Or until Hasbro rereleases it with the whiter paint app as an entirely new figure.

I'd be okay with that, truly. Bring on the repaints!

It won't overly bug me, Mr JabbaJonL, but that IS an interesting little tidbit you've uncovered. And I do believe you may be quite right. . .