PDA

View Full Version : What OT aliens do we want made most?

Cane_Adiss
10-19-2008, 12:21 PM
I was wondering, since the latest ANH wave has been revealed to include several oft-requested aliens, who we would like to see made most from what's left. I'm listing all the OT aliens (and prominent background humans) I can think of, including those from the Holiday Special cantina sequence that don't appear in a movie. If I've missed any, just let me know.

From the Mos Eisley cantina etc.: (not including the "Tonnika Sisters")

Bom Vimdin
Arliel Schous
Leesub Sirln
Rycar Ryjerd
Solomahal
Tzizvvt
Reegesk
Melas
Kal'Falnl Cndros
Lirin Car'n
Mosep Binneed
H'rchek Kal Fas
Saitorr Kal Fas

Holiday Special cantina:

Myhr Rho
Cebann Veekan
Y'bith
Ket Maliss
Thorp
Tork
Kelbo

From The Empire Strikes Back

Utris M'toc
Wiorkettle
Treva Horme

From Return of the Jedi

Cane Adiss
Loje Nella
Attark
Geezum
Yoxgit
Jess
Laudica
Tayme Dren-Garen
Gauron Nas Tal
Worrt
Rock Wart
Shasa Tiel
Harc Seff
Kithaba
Vedain
Giran
Nysad
Sergeant Doallyn
Weequay Skiff Master
Velken Tezeri
Wam "Blam" Lufba
Arica (Mara Jade - not in movie, from Decipher card)
Fozek
Gailid
TT-8L Gatekeeper droid
BG-J38

bigbarada
10-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Some images would help with many of these, I'm drawing a blank.

Are you not including vintage figures that still need to be remade in the modern line? If not, then you can add Wooof and the vintage Nikto.

Also need to add the Weequay Skiff Master (the second Weequay on the prisoner skiff) and Weeba Weeba (the second Rancor Keeper) and Velken Tezeri (the human skiff guard on the prisoner skiff).

My picks in order:

1. Kithaba
2. Wooof
3. Vedain
4. Giran
5. Weequay Skiff Master
6. Weeba Weeba
7. Velken Tezeri
8. Sgt. Doallyn
9. Cane Adiss
10. Shasa Tiel

obi-dad
10-20-2008, 12:59 AM
From the Mos Eisley Cantina (part 1)

Bom Vimdin
Arleil Schous
Leesub Sirln
Rycar Ryjerd
Solomahal

obi-dad
10-20-2008, 01:05 AM
From the Mos Eisley Cantina (part 2)

Tzizvvt
Reegesk
Melas
Kal'Falnl C'ndros drawing
Kal'Falnl C'ndros's legs (in silhouette)

obi-dad
10-20-2008, 01:13 AM
From the Mos Eisley Cantina (part 3)

Lirin Car'n
Mosep Binneed
Hrchek Kal Fas
Sai'torr Kal Fas

Cane_Adiss
10-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Thanks obi-dad for the pics!

And to bigbarada, sure I could add those, except for Wooof because he's been confirmed. Also, I'm not sure who "Weeba Weeba" is but Malakili's assistant's official name is Giran, and he's on the list.
I also added a bunch of names to the ROTJ list.

El Chuxter
10-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Bom Vimdim and Het N'kik would be a good start.

Devo
10-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Well I want them all and will buy them all as they come out but I suppose I really want:

Bom Vimdin, Evazan resculpt, both saurins and another human spacer (Danz Borin?) for the cantina -

and I want the ugnaught (yoxgit?), saurin, snaggletooth, and ishi tibb from jabbas palace. Theres also a jedi-robed alien from the palace I want, never seen a close up of him.

Ideally I'd like all the most recogniseable Cantina and palace aliens that have yet to be made to come out first. Bane Malar, while a decent figure, was a bit of a wasted slot in my opinion considering hes not visible in the film. However I suppose even when it comes to the background guys Hasbro have to distribute them through time rather than leaving all the most obscure of obscure characters till last.

obi-dad
10-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Holiday Special Cantina: (part 1)

Myhr Rho
Cebann Veekan
Y'bith
Ket Maliss
Thorp

obi-dad
10-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Holiday Special Cantina: (part 2)

Tork
Kelbo

pbarnard
10-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Well we can probably forget Holiday Special...

for me, just as a generic species in the OT we haven't seen yet at least updated, never mind new stuff. Ishi Tibs.

cookiemonster
10-20-2008, 02:37 PM
I agree with PB, as in forgetting the Holiday Special, which is a shame because there is most certainly some I would like.

Also would love to see a Chalmun made, after all its his Cantina.

But anything new that is an alien species, also any alien species before ROTS needs to be redone with a few exceptions (I.E. Ephant Mon, Tanus Spijek, J'Quille just need to be re-released).

Also what I would like to see in way of Aliens are the ones from the EU Comics (Both Marvel and Dark Horse) and WEG/WOTC RPG, Also any other alien that appeared in the Novels.

obi-dad
10-20-2008, 02:49 PM
I don't know how cool it is to add links to other forums, but I remembered another site's "Who Is Left Master Archive" that has one post with a list of characters & pictures for the following sections:

1). Ep 1: Boonta Eve Podrace/Mos Espa
2). Ep IV: Cantina/Mos Eisley
3). Ep IV: Emperial & Rebel Officers and Rebel Pilots
4). Ep V: Emperial & Rebel Officers and Cloud City
5). Ep VI: Jabba's Palace and Battle of Sarlaac
6). Ep VI: Battle of Endor

Hopefully, it's not an issue, since it is a pretty good reference list:

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=14572.0 Anyway, you can use it to refer to in order to help view the characters. The 2nd post is pretty cool too, to see who has come off the list since Jan 2007.

bigbarada
10-21-2008, 12:01 AM
And to bigbarada, sure I could add those, except for Wooof because he's been confirmed. Also, I'm not sure who "Weeba Weeba" is but Malakili's assistant's official name is Giran, and he's on the list.
I also added a bunch of names to the ROTJ list.

Weeba Weeba was the ILM crew's nickname for the second Rancor Keeper. Giran is the Klaatu Skiff Guard on the second skiff.

Where was Wooof confirmed and why hasn't Kithaba been confirmed yet?:cry:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Wooof was confirmed in a Hasbro Q&A a few weeks back. Giran (http://decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/jabbaspalace/dark/images/giran.gif) is actually the Nikto rancor keeper. According to Leland Chee, Giran's mask (http://blogs.starwars.com/holocron/27/comments) was likely used as a guard on the second skiff. I know you're well-versed in the skiff guards, though, so does that list match up with your assessments? I guess, though, that the list just includes the guards that died in the sarlacc itself; for instance, it leaves off Klaatu.

obi-dad
10-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Wooof was confirmed in a Hasbro Q&A a few weeks back. Giran (http://decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/jabbaspalace/dark/images/giran.gif) is actually the Nikto rancor keeper. According to Leland Chee, Giran's mask (http://blogs.starwars.com/holocron/27/comments) was likely used as a guard on the second skiff. I know you're well-versed in the skiff guards, though, so does that list match up with your assessments? I guess, though, that the list just includes the guards that died in the sarlacc itself; for instance, it leaves off Klaatu.

Well, I found this other list that list all of skiff guards (not just the ones that "fall victim to the Sarlacc"): http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skiff_guard, but there are quite a few unidentified guards listed. I can't imagine that by now there isn't some EU source that has given them names and back stories. Though http://blogs.starwars.com/holocron/27 doesn't give them names either, so perhaps they don't have any.

bigbarada
10-21-2008, 09:54 PM

Giran is a modern EU name, but there are four Klaatus total between Jabba's Palace, the Sail Barge and Skiffs:

1. Wooof - the vintage Klaatu figure who was visible in Jabba's Palace and on the Sail Barge
2. Klaatu Skiff Guard - wearing the white baggy suit and he was actually on the Sail Barge, not on any of the Skiffs.
3. Second Rancor Keeper - Weeba Weeba (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Weebaweeba.jpg) (a name given by the ILM crew, not a modern EU name)
4. Giran (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Green_nikto.jpg) - the Klaatu on the second Skiff

Weeba Weeba and Giran have similar costumes; but there are enough differences to distinguish them as separate characters. As usual, this is just a case of lazy EU writers not paying close enough attention to the source material and is similar to the old EU screw up of confusing Barada and Kithaba.

Jargo
10-22-2008, 02:58 PM
if it was in the cantina, Jabba's palace or seen anywhere on Tatooine I want it. Anything else, forget it.

DarkJedi5
10-22-2008, 04:52 PM
When I was a kid my dad would tease me saying that if they made a figure of it I would buy it. And he was right, case in point Cruisemissle trooper. But I have become more dicerning in my tastes. Sort of. I won't fall for a lot of the EU junk unless it's in a story that I actually liked but any character, no matter how minor, that appeared in the background of just a single frame is a-okay with me. It's part of what I love about the films, they have such a rich texture with things in the background that you glimpse and yet you wish you could have gotten a really good look at it. I mean, sure some figs are boring. I bought the Lucas family pack but do I need every other character from the opera scene? God no. But I love the aliens and droids. The less humanoid the better.

Droid
10-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Bom Vimdin
the Saurin
Reegesk the Ranat and
Shasa Tiel, the Jabba's Palace Ishi Tibb

jediguy
10-22-2008, 10:25 PM
if they make it, I will buy it

if the actor inside does the convention autograph tour, I will buy a second to keep carded and have autographed

it it looks really cool and has some cool accessories, I will buy a second and maybe a third to put in my diorama or customize

I don't know or have enough brain cells left to remember their names, but I want them all

obi-dad
10-23-2008, 07:45 AM
For the Cantina, once they do Bom Vimdin & Baniss Keeg, I'll be VERY happy. I mean, I would still buy all the others, but those two are wanted way more than the others.

For Jabba's Palace/Sarlaac battle, there are still quite a few I really want: Kithaba, Wooof, Giran, Harc Seff, Shasa Tiel, Skiff Green Nikto, the vintage Nikto, Barge Weequay & Skiff Master Weequay (and even though they aren't aliens, BG-J38 & 2-1A w/torture rack).

Jabbapalacespy
10-25-2008, 09:44 AM
I especially want characters out of Jabba's palace - alien, human, or droid - but I also collect cantina patrons. I would add Yuzzum (original) to the list of characters out of Jabba's palace. Some of the aliens out of Jabba's palace could be pack-ins with other characters since they are small, like Attark, Loje Nella, Worrt, and Rock Wart so maybe we'll see that happen some day since Hasbro is showing a willingness to do so. (I never thought I'd see Dice Ibegon as a figure so there is a chance for these others too.)

I wonder how likely it is that Hasbro will make any human background characters as opposed to aliens? So far the only humans made out of the cantina are BoShek and Wuher and the only humans out of Jabba's palace are Boba Fett and Malakili (you could include Yarna, since she looks more human than alien, even though she isn't.) I know some people have been asking for Fozec, which would be a cool figure. Any guesses on what characters we might see out of Jabba's palace next year aside from Wooof and a new Malakili?

bigbarada
10-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Any guesses on what characters we might see out of Jabba's palace next year aside from Wooof and a new Malakili?

I think Kithaba is on that rumor list as well.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-25-2008, 05:13 PM
I think Kithaba is on that rumor list as well.
No, he's not. At least, he's not on any official or official-seeming lists.

This is from August 15:

JediDefender.com: Through the Q&As this year, we've had a few hints about the 2009 Return of the Jedi wave - new DS2 Luke, New Leia, New Ewok, New Malakili. They all sound great… but they are all resculpts (yes, most of those are badly needed resculpts, but they're still resculpts nonetheless). How about giving us a little scoop on a NEW figure in the wave? And will we finally see a modern version of Wooof (aka Jabba's Palace Klaatu) in this wave?
Hasbro: Good detective work on the wave lineup so far. We can reward you with some news - yes, there will be a Wooof in the wave.
So, after Luke, Leia, an Ewok, Malakili, and Wooof, there will either be one or three more figures in the wave to reach the six or eight figure mark for the droid factory waves.

Jabbapalacespy
10-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Well, we now know of a few aliens that will not be in next years line up -

JediTempleArchives.com: We were very pleased to read in the Q&A's that the vintage Klaatu, Wooof, has been confirmed for 2009's basic figure line. And we were equally happy to see that Jabba's palace aliens will be part of the 2009 RETURN OF THE JEDI basic figure wave. But can we expect to get some of the never before made aliens from Jabba's palace? Perhaps aliens like Yoxgit, Cane Addis, Geezum or Loje Nella?
Hasbro: Long term we do plan to get to some of these guys, but they are not in the 2009 lineup.

Still leaves a few other possibilities though.

Cane_Adiss
10-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Well, we now know of a few aliens that will not be in next years line up

Yeah I was kinda bummed when I read that. Cane and Loje are #'s 1 and 2 respectively on my ROTJ most wanted list. Yoxgit has been rumored for some time now, so I wouldn't be suprised if he showed up in 2010. Who know's when Hasbro will get to Geezum, but I'd rather see a Wiorkettle first. My feeling is that Loje Nella will be one of the last JP aliens Hasbro will get to, just based on his seemingly low demand. I hope I'm proven wrong!

bigbarada
10-29-2008, 01:15 PM
That really annoys me that Kithaba isn't confirmed on that list. :upset:

Honestly, my whole campaign to get all of the Skiff Guards made is really just to help improve the chances that we'll get Kithaba. But if Hasbro just repaints the current Barada figure and tries to pass him off as Kithaba in a battle pack or something, then I'm done with collecting Star Wars toys. He needs to be up to the same level of quality as the most recent figures AND super-articulated.

I'll buy whatever Skiff Guard Hasbro makes, but Kithaba is the main one I want.

Bib Un-Fortuna
10-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Well, my votes would be for:

Tzizvvt
H'rchek Kal Fas (could be a 2-pack with another Saurin)
Reegesk
Mosep
Merc Sunlet
Leesub Sirln
Bom Vimdim
Vedain
Kithaba
Giran

Jabbapalacespy
10-31-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm still hoping for some smaller characters as pack-ins like Hoover or Worrt in whatever other characters we get. I'm really starting to wonder if we might get Fozec soon since Hasbro commented that he has been high on the list for several years and just barely misses the line up each time. :thumbsup: