PDA

View Full Version : So it's Carrie Fisher's birthday...

Old Fossil
10-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Her Highness is 52 today!

What does one buy Carrie Fisher for her birthday, I wonder?

Bel-Cam Jos
10-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Send her a picture card from the lead guitarist of U2... :lamepun: :pleased:

LTBasker
10-21-2008, 11:27 PM
A Slave Leia statue to remind her of the good old days?

A recording of the Laverne & Shirley episode in which she appeared in a Playboy Bunny costume to remind her what she should have done right after Return of the Jedi?

Phantom-like Menace
10-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Yep, Carrie Fisher, and the U.S.S. Constitution and I all share a birthday. My brother's girlfriend shares a birthday with Natalie Portman.

Send her a picture card from the lead guitarist of U2... :lamepun: :pleased:

That took me a second.

mtriv73
10-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Probably more appropriate in the books section, but has anyone here actually read Postcards from the Edge?

As for what to get her on her birthday...how's about a fifth of Vodka and Golden Bikini. That would make for an...interesting party.

Slicker
10-22-2008, 01:26 PM
A Slave Leia statue to remind her of the good old days?

A recording of the Laverne & Shirley episode in which she appeared in a Playboy Bunny costume to remind her what she should have done right after Return of the Jedi?I like how you think. :love:

El Chuxter
10-22-2008, 01:38 PM
52?

Can you say "Cougar"? Or is the preferred term "MILF"?

I found this picture when looking for a current pic, and I've never seen it, and it looks pretty :beard:eriffic.

DarthNihilus
10-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Happy Birthday!
Is she a mom? I wouldn't call her a cougar though.

Theres a photo gallery of her on IMDb that has some recent pics of her:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000402/mediaindex

Jargo
10-22-2008, 03:51 PM
A strong muzzle with integral gag.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Probably more appropriate in the books section, but has anyone here actually read Postcards from the Edge?I read one of her books; Delusions of Grandma, I believe it was. Not bad, but nowhere near my top 200 books read, sorry. I didn't realize hers was so close to my own b-day (and Weird Al! :D ).

Phantom-like Menace
10-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Probably more appropriate in the books section, but has anyone here actually read Postcards from the Edge?

About eleven years ago. I was reading a lot of comedies at the time, especially Dave Barry's books. I don't remember much about Postcards from the Edge, but I didn't dislike it.

bobafrett
10-23-2008, 10:42 AM
I see her from time to time on the Turner classic movie network talking to some old dude.

I'd take her out in my Stormtrooper armor and show her what prison life on the Death Star was really like!

2-1B
10-23-2008, 08:43 PM
52?

Can you say "Cougar"? Or is the preferred term "MILF"?

Neither term applies to this old hag.

El Chuxter
10-23-2008, 09:47 PM
You wouldn't take a crack at her, just to tell people you did, and you can sort of whistle and walk away if they ask "old Carrie or young Carrie"?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-23-2008, 11:03 PM
I see her from time to time on the Turner classic movie network talking to some old dude.

I'd take her out in my Stormtrooper armor and show her what prison life on the Death Star was really like!
lol Thank you for that image . . .

She was pretty rough-looking a few years back, but now she's alright. Of course, she's nothing like she used to be, but I'd still hit it.

El Chuxter
10-24-2008, 12:09 AM
I've only attended Comic-Con San Diego as an adult, and don't collect autographs. She's one of three I made a point to get. (I missed Natalie Portman, or she'd be #4.)

Phantom-like Menace
10-24-2008, 02:06 AM
You wouldn't take a crack at her, just to tell people you did, and you can sort of whistle and walk away if they ask "old Carrie or young Carrie"?

My brother and I have talked about this on many occasions. Most recently it was a few days before her birthday, and I think a friend brought it up. My brother and I both agreed we would, but that someone would eventually do the math and realize it wasn't when I was like ten. I would hope most guys would just accept it in the same way they may not call you on just how big that fish you caught was.

(I missed Natalie Portman, or she'd be #4.)

And speaking of Star Wars actresses one might want to "take a crack at."

DarkArtist
10-24-2008, 12:44 PM
I had such a huge crush on her growing up and got to meet her once. she was very nice and still hot, it was a few months after Jedi was released.

Jargo
10-24-2008, 01:16 PM
I can't think of a single person involved in star wars that I'd 'do'. whenever I search IMDB for them after thinking they looked hot in the movie i find that in reality they're rather haggard looking and very ordinary. such is the magic of the movie camera to make angels and gods of mere mortals.......

El Chuxter
10-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Not even Wilfred Brimley? Because I'd switch teams for that guy.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-25-2008, 10:02 AM
That is NOT the right thing to do. Although, you'd be set for life with insurance in case you got dia-bit-es, as well as all the oatmeal you could eat. :Teek:

LIST OF STAR WARS HOTTIES?
10. Sabe' (or any of the ___e' handmaidens?)
9. Outlander Club buttocks-at-the-bar alien
8. Lobot
7. Digital Asajj Ventress
6. Ice Cream Guy
5. Wilfred Brimley
4. Femi Taylor (Oola)
3. Natalie Portman
2. Carrie Fisher (sure, even today)
1. Bea Arthur

2-1B
10-25-2008, 12:30 PM
(I missed Natalie Portman, or she'd be #4.)

And speaking of Star Wars actresses one might want to "take a crack at."

Sorry, I could never go where DeadEye has been.

JediTricks
11-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Her Highness is 52 today!

What does one buy Carrie Fisher for her birthday, I wonder?Zoloft ........

Jargo
11-03-2008, 08:35 AM
A whole lotta puddn'