PDA

View Full Version : "Form up, we could run out of space real fast."

stillakid
10-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Wedge
Form up. We could run out of space real fast.

In Return of the Jedi, Wedge and Co. dive into the Death Star II at full speed, hurtling with little caution through narrower and narrower tunnels.

Pretty tough to do, I imagine.

We can likely assume that none of those pilots, Rebels or Imperials, were Jedi or Force users.

Cut to: The Phantom Menace.

The entire Pod Race storyline is concocted to illustrate to the audience that Anakin is special... he can Podrace and other humans can't because it's so hard to do.

But Podracing is done in daylight with miles and miles of room to breath on every side of the podracer.

Soooooo..... What gives?

bigbarada
10-21-2008, 11:17 PM
I think the podracers were supposed to be moving about 300 or 400 miles per hour faster than the Rebel ships in ROTJ. However, at those speeds, the wind resistance would likely rip Anakin's head off of that tiny little neck.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-22-2008, 02:08 AM
I'm thinking it has something to do with the nature of podracing. Typical starfighter probably has controls about the same as a fighter jet. However, the podracers have the two handles. Starfighters also have astromech droids and computers that can help out in the navigation. They have shielding that might provide a little bit of protection. Podracing is like hooking up a chariot cart to a jet car. You have your two big engines in front pulling you, and I imagine that might be a little harder to control. I think the Episode I Racer game had an option where you could control the pod using two controllers. I never tried it, but it seems like it would be a lot harder than playing the regular way.

Slicker
10-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I like the answer MSP posted. It goes along the lines of what I was thinking with the computers and onboard astro droid.

Jargo
11-12-2008, 07:20 PM
It's made up schtick!!!!!