PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listen to Satellite Radio?

DarthNihilus
10-22-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm a long time listener to Sirius Satellite radio because I can't stand radio ads (they're the most vile things ever) and I like the selection.

Any other listeners on here? Now that the 2 combined, I wanted to know what channels you guys listen to.

Tenric78
10-22-2008, 03:30 PM
I have XM.

I listen to The Virus mostly for Ron and Fez.

I also listen to Squizz, Ethel, 80s, 90s, the stations that are lighter pop, and the Deep Cut rock stations.

I'm a big fan of Old Time Radio so I listen to that station a lot (yeah, I'm an uber geek).

Oh yeah, I listen to BBC World News, CNN sometimes, the NPR station, and the stand up comedy stations.

God, I love sat radio.

Ji'dai
10-22-2008, 05:46 PM
I listened to XM quite a bit at home through Direct TV. There's no video, but the slew of music video channels I got (including 2 or three MTVs and VH1s) practically never played music at all.

Engineernerd
10-22-2008, 06:04 PM
With a 45 minute commute each way, I love my Sirrius radio. Almost always Blue Collar Comedy, Radio Classics (Superman, Dragnet, Phillip Marlowe), or for music Radio Margaritaville. I've been hitting the temporary AC/DC station a bit too.

Tenric78
10-22-2008, 07:09 PM
This reminds me that I'm a bit worried when the stations eventually combine that I'll lose some of my favorites due to redundancy. There's no way they will keep two Old Time Radio stations, but I like the guy that hosts mine. heh

Kidhuman
10-22-2008, 08:50 PM
I listen to it on Dish Network. I dont have one in my car, but in my car, I listen to ESPNradio anyway. In my house, I listen to the Grateful Dead Channel, 90's and now, Classic Rock and Grunge

Exhaust Port
10-24-2008, 09:03 AM
We got 3 free months of XM when we bought my wife's car and that was enough to hook her. She had a 45 minute drive to work so she had plenty of time to enjoy the programs. We let it expire but after a few sales calls they offered XM at $5 per month so we signed back up.

My personal favorite is Big Tracks but others we listen too are 80's, 90's, Lucy, Fred and Squizz. The comedy channels are also saved in the radio. We did 2 big road trips this summer and the XM was really enjoyable. The only problems we found was driving through western Mass. as the terrain was always on the south side of the road so we lost the signal for quite a while at times. It was impressive that they (must) have repeaters in the city so we never lost signal there even when we took the tunnels!!!

Our radio can also handle digital music players but we haven't explored that option yet. I think the combination of XM and adding your own music from an iPod would be the best road experience.

JimJamBonds
10-26-2008, 12:53 PM
I've had Sirius for about two years. My favorite station was Supper Shuffle 12 but they dumped it. My contract is up in a couple of weeks and I don't think I'm going to renew.