PDA

View Full Version : Here it is- the Canadian thread!

mabudonicus
02-18-2002, 04:46 PM
I guess we should try to keep this strictly focussed on figure hunting here in Canada. That's okay, cause as I'm sure we all know, that's just about a full time job(with the possibilities of no pay at every turn). Map wise, I'm right close to the border with NY, and the local scalper is both a longtime friend and a pretty resourceful dude, so I've got better luck with this than it sounds like some of the others here have had. We've gotta use this forum as a locating device, as it exists and so far it's been sadly underused. We can beat hasbros plans if we try, as it's been said (by Greedo at least) we've gotta help each other out. Micro troops- advance!!!!!

greedo
02-18-2002, 05:00 PM
I am Canadian, hear me roar, eh.......

Up the Irons.

Fight the good fight....

I'm running out of slogans....

Let's get the little group of Canadian collectors on track.

haggis
02-19-2002, 07:27 PM
Damn the proton torpedos!
Throw caution to the Rancor!
Put your best Fett forward!
Onward Gungan soldiers!
Darth before dishonour!

If there are SW toys to be found, let's find them!

All hail the Canadian thread. Long live the Canadian thread!

master jedi
02-19-2002, 09:20 PM
And long live the letter S!

(sorry. i just had a really strong urge.)

billfremore
02-19-2002, 11:09 PM
Cry havoc and yadda, yadda, yadda.

So, has anybody seen hide or hair of anything from the FX-7 wave
or any other wave besides that?

greedo
02-20-2002, 12:43 AM
No, just the 25th Aniv. figs. I only found the Vader/Ben set so far.

Amanamike
02-20-2002, 12:58 AM
Im in like a dirty shirt ready to find ....... well anything!!!!! Damn hasbro and there I hate Canada policy. Im in British Columbia and nothing since Bacta Luke and No shirt Darth Maul. Sometimes I can get some good stuff like Biker Scouts at Electronics Boutique, they are just a bit expensive like 14.99. Hopefully with the ep2 stuff things will get better up here:frus:

mabudonicus
02-20-2002, 03:33 PM
The St catharines TRU has nothing after the wave with shmi in it. Lots of Bacta luke and Maul/droid, couple of ben/vader anniversary sets. Everything (including fx-7 , and eeth, and zutton) are available around here if you know where to look, and the prices don't end up being too high. I bought amanaman in town for 14 or 15 Canadian dollars(before tax mind You). If you need help finding this stuff, just PM me and I can help out a bit (especially if yer coming to this area, I can give you pretty good directions, or confirm availability of particular stuff just to save disappointing trips)

haggis
02-24-2002, 11:10 AM
Go Team Canada! Finally got the Han/Chewie 25th Anniversary set at Mapleview Mall in Burlington. Hamilton TRU and Sears Stores were cleaned out of these before I got there. Nice to see Sears with some new stuff. This suggests they are back on the bandwagon for AOTC. Works for me.

mabudonicus
02-25-2002, 08:38 PM
Well Hockey wise we done did it!! NIce job , and a great game all around. The last post made me think- does it seem like any retailers might be a write-off this time around? It looks as if the local zellers are gonna be way behind, if they get into AOTC at all. There's still preview STAP droids available here, fer crying out loud.
PS keep your eyes on Canadian Tire in sept or so- after TPM came out, they got their Xmas order before anyone else, and the figures were on sale to boot!!!

Amanamike
02-25-2002, 10:16 PM
Team Canada rules!! Way to go guys!!!!!!!!!!!

mabudonicus
02-28-2002, 08:20 PM
Soo, just making sure this thread doesn't get closed or something. Don't worry,fellows, this truly is the calm before the storm. Just a reminder, march 10 sees the brand new trailer on FOX tv, right near the end of malcom in the middle. Check out the new thread in this forum, too- I put a little wav file in my post urging those guys to join the fight, a sound that will bring new meaning to the legend of Mabudon!!!
PS notice that the first post in that thread mentions that there's not many posts in it? Just thought that was odd, is all. 42 and TK421, if you made it here, welcome!! Don't forget, this forum only represents SPACE for us to post our findings, so if we don't post em, we gots nuthin to reed !!!! Woooooooo!!!!!
"new figs, whatever, wherever you are, us Canadians, gonna get you, no matter how far"
Up the Irons for sure, cause I say DRAW!!!

Amanamike
02-28-2002, 08:31 PM
I would love to post something. Or like it was said in Episode 1.........."No need to report anything until we have something to report" Not my fault hasbro doesnt send stuff here. Wait do you want to know about the 10000 ketwols and duros we have for 8.44 at walmart?? Or the Aurra Sings that never sell or the Bespin Leias that just sit there??

billfremore
02-28-2002, 09:45 PM
Hey mabudon,
Thanks for the heads up on the movie-trailer, i had totally forgetten that it was coming.
I love when that happens, it's like Christmas.

Still no sign of anything new here in the Nation's capital.
Found a few more Obi-wan/Vader sets at a TRU but that's it.

I think all these places are still skittish after over ordering for episode I, well that and the fact they thought that Ketwol was going to be a huge seller...

greedo
03-01-2002, 09:28 AM
My local wal-mart had collection 1 POTJ figs on for 5.00. The only unfortuanate thing is that it is all Aura's, Leia's, and Chewy's...

That's my post.

They also had Lord of the Rings swords on for 10.00 and the cross bow for 15.00. I bought the sword for my nephew, it makes a lot of noise, glad it isn't in my house.

Greedo

haggis
03-05-2002, 01:00 AM
Indeed SW collecting is currently in a sad state of affairs. I can't find a reason to buy another Chewbacca Mechanic. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Preview figs. should be here in a little over two weeks. We Canadians must keep each other posted as to where and when the products become available. Should be plentiful, could be like latter day POTJ. Do your part for the cause! Until then, keep waiting for your 25th Anniversary Toyfare Vader to arrive in the mail!

haggis
03-05-2002, 01:12 AM
Can anyone recommend any online stores that don't seriously burn those of us with a 60cent dollar?

Darkross
03-05-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by haggis
Can anyone recommend any online stores that don't seriously burn those of us with a 60cent dollar?

I don't know of any...but I've heard that Yestertoys.com and BriansToys.com are reputable. I've contemplated several times ordering from both of these places...but due to low finances at the time...I held off. I know that BriansToys has a number of specials that seem like they would be cheaper than buying anywhere else...depending on what you are looking for.

haggis
03-05-2002, 07:15 PM
Thanks Darkross. Does anyone know which stores we can expect EP II stuff to be in other than TRU and Walmart? Maybe Sears(recent 25th Anniversary figs were there) and what of old favourite Zellers? Do any of you have the inside scoop?

mabudonicus
03-06-2002, 11:49 AM
Zellers is a good question- they seem to have ordered a ton of Ketwol(as a kind of warm up) and then nothing(in st catharines, anyways). I go in there from time to time, but the laws of toyland don't seem to apply year round.

Darkross
03-06-2002, 11:52 AM
I know that Zellers here in New Brunswick has nothing! Unless you want to count those 2 pack Leia Line. Other than that, I've not seen any new figures come to Zellers since Emperor's Wrath Darth Vader and that line sold out shortly there-after.

Darkross
03-06-2002, 11:55 AM
As for SEARS, I've never seen any new figures there at all here in New Brunswick. I know that after they got some of the Episode I stuff in, they didn't seem to stock anything from the POTJ line. Now I think that BOSSKMAN saw the Anniversary sets at Sears, but I'm not sure if it was Sears or Toys R Us. Anyway, no matter, SEARS has nothing exciting that's for sure! They aren't even on my checklist for new figures!

fourtwo
03-06-2002, 04:12 PM
sears here doesn't even sell star wars figs. we're lucky if we find star wars lego there.

haggis
03-06-2002, 06:44 PM
I got all of the 25th Anniversary packs at Sears. I had to go to three different stores to find them all though. That's why I thought Sears might be back on the bandwagon for AOTC. Time will tell...
Apparently the preview figs. are showing up down south(see NEWS section). Please LMK if any of you come across them and where. My email is haggisthedog@hotmail.com if you prefer not to share with the scalpers.(if any check this thread) I will gladly do the same for those of you I have spoken to via pm's.
Thanks.

billfremore
03-07-2002, 10:45 AM
Well, one of the TRUs here in Ottawa now is carrying all of the 25th anniversary sets.

Woo hoo

I did notice they have tons of new E.T. stuff though... AAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!! :mad:

Where the hell is the FX-7 wave!?!:mad: