PDA

View Full Version : Emperor Palpatine.

Battle Droid
02-18-2002, 06:17 PM
Do we need a new one?

It could come with the Big Emperor head Hologram or maybe his throne, and maybe soft goods and his cane & Luke's Lightsaber hilt.

187-Maul
02-18-2002, 06:59 PM
definetly

one with soft goods, his throne, luke's lightsaber hilt, an evil grin his wooden "staff", force lightning and hands like he's just using his lightning's and little joints in his handjoints so that you can turn his hands down to wrap around his throne (like the cinema-scene emperor)
that would be the ultimate emperor

Beast
02-18-2002, 09:37 PM
We definatly do need a new one, and I think that next year will be the year one will be offered. This year is a movie year, and I don't think they would wanna have him and Chancellor Palpatine on the racks at the same time, cause confusion in the kiddies. :D

But yeah, since we have these nice new bubbles that hold alot of stuff. Give us a nice Emporer with cloth goods so that he can sit in his included throne, and also be picked up by Emporer's Wrath Darth Vader. Toss in his cane, and some force lightening and we'll have a definative Emporer Palpy.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-18-2002, 09:38 PM
Just as long as the force lightning isn't made a projectile... :D

Beast
02-19-2002, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Just as long as the force lightning isn't made a projectile... :D
Shhhhh, don't give them more bad ideas. Move along Hasbro, nothing to see here. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Evil
02-19-2002, 10:02 AM
I need that perfect Emperor Palpatine, give it to me Hasbro!!!

Rollo Tomassi
02-19-2002, 11:24 AM
"...cause confusion in the kiddies."

Kiddies don't buy Star Wars figures anymore.

Shhhhh, don't give [Hasbro] more bad ideas.

You mean like the AOTC line? A HA! You finally admit it...:rolleyes: ;)

Beast
02-19-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Kiddies don't buy Star Wars figures anymore. You mean like the AOTC line? A HA! You finally admit it...:rolleyes: ;)
I disagree, kids do to buy Star Wars figures. Especially in years with movies. As well as I have actually seen and know quite a few kid collectors. I never said the AOTC's line was perfect, but it's not horrible either. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Amanamike
02-20-2002, 01:07 AM
Ya but kids dont buy much in those few years between movies. We keep that wheel greasy not them. And I wonder where those kids get their cash from??? Hmmmm??

sith_killer_99
02-22-2002, 10:48 PM
Actually I was in Wal-Mart a week or two ago and found the FX-7 and Eeth Koth wave(s). As I was walking up to the register some kid (looked to be about 11-12) walked by and saw the figures. He looked at me and said "Cool, they got the new figures in?!"

They still had a set back there so I am pretty sure he got what he was looking for. Actually Eeth Koth and Zutton were still sitting there 2 days ago.

And I remember when Aurra Sing came out. I looked everywhere. I finally went to Target, as I hit the SW section I looked down to see some 7-8 year old reaching for the LAST Aurra Sing. He made off with it to ask Mom and Dad. It took me another 3 weeks to find an Aurra Sing.

Kids are out there buying these things, it's just that there are sooo many choices for toys these days.:(

LTBasker
02-22-2002, 11:08 PM
I just got a cool thought about the lightning bolts for a new Emperor figure, some parts on the bolts could be articulated so we could even display the lightning going in the directions we want it to... If they can articulate all those little arms on FX-7, surely this wouldn't be impossible. :)

Beast
02-22-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I just got a cool thought about the lightning bolts for a new Emperor figure, some parts on the bolts could be articulated so we could even display the lightning going in the directions we want it to... If they can articulate all those little arms on FX-7, surely this wouldn't be impossible. :)
Mooie Mooie Bombad Idea. I like it, see these are the reasons that Hasbro really should look more to the fans for ideas on what to make, then what some executives in suits on the board of directors say. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
02-23-2002, 10:21 AM
Those bean counters in the board room have ZERO imagination...:mad:

Beast
02-23-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Those bean counters in the board room have ZERO imagination...:mad:
That's exactly why they are toy company executives. The same kind of people that came up with limited edition, impossible to find, Harry Potter figures. Oh, nice job of making collecting fun for kids, guys. :rolleyes: :frus: :mad:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-23-2002, 04:04 PM
Anyone else watch the movie "BIG"? That pretty much sums it up. :D

Obi-Don
02-24-2002, 07:56 AM
The movie BIG,I never thought about it but your right. The ones making the figures never seem in touch with what the people really want. They think they are.but are far from the mark.

Beast
02-24-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
The movie BIG,I never thought about it but your right. The ones making the figures never seem in touch with what the people really want. They think they are.but are far from the mark.
*chuckles* I turned my TV on this morning, onto Comedy Central and BIG is on. Pretty funny that we had it come up in discusion and it happened to pop up on TV. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
02-25-2002, 02:04 PM
A new Emperor would be cool. A deluxe figure w/ thrown, soft goods, and Luke's lightsaber hilt would be awesome!

billfremore
02-25-2002, 04:58 PM
I think the any new emperor figure should screamwhen you drop him from any height and explode into cool blue fireworks.

Sure it'd be expensive to keep buying them but man would it be soooooo cool.