PDA

View Full Version : Jerks

sith_killer_99
10-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Okay, so my wife is now getting bogus harassing text messages. I guess this is the new way for people to be jerks.

Really....:confused:

It seems like there is always something stupid people do to be jerks. Creating viruses, telemarketing, viral marketing, etc. But texting...come on man.

Yes, my wife found out today from an anonymous text message that her wife is cheating on her.:confused:

One of my buddies said to me the other day that someone was sending him mass text messages to eat up his monthly "text messaging" limits.

I have heard of some idiotic stunts in my day but this is just retarded.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Are you sure the person doesn't just have a wrong number, though?

bobafrett
10-26-2008, 09:55 AM
I got a text message saying the Cubs got swept by the Dodgers in the playoffs so I threw my phone away.

TeeEye7
10-27-2008, 12:15 AM
It's the latest hi-tech answer to the old crank phone call, "Do you have Prince Albert in the can?" :rolleyes:

It's the continuing slide into Third Worldom our country is experiencing. Being an old f@rt, I remember a time when there was manners and respect of others in our society.

That was a long time ago. A long time.

sith_killer_99
10-27-2008, 12:45 AM
That was a long time ago. A long time.

Before the dark times, before the iPhone.:Pirate:

Kidhuman
10-27-2008, 05:03 AM
I got a text message saying the Cubs got swept by the Dodgers in the playoffs so I threw my phone away.

If you are gonna get that text every year, might as well not have a cell

bobafrett
10-27-2008, 05:21 AM
If you are gonna get that text every year, might as well not have a cell :whip:

I just threw kidhuman into the garbage, next to my cell phone!

Ando
10-27-2008, 12:30 PM
...Yes, my wife found out today from an anonymous text message that her wife is cheating on her...

Dude, your wife has a wife? That's awesome!

Oh wait, now I get it...

I haven't experienced this sorta of thing yet. I just get an automated call ever few months for "residents in your area have been selected for a free vacation...". Unfortunately it comes in as Private Name/Private Number, so I just hang up. I wish the number would come through so I could call those a holes back.

mabudonicus
10-27-2008, 01:34 PM
In our country the major companies started (to MUCH complaint) charging for every message received, spam or otherwise, so it could have been intended to make 5 cents for Rogers north of the border and accidentally got sent to your wife
:beard: Iso&Baws
I have never owned a cellphone and hopefully never will

preacher
10-27-2008, 02:19 PM
I only use one when I travel. I find them to be an annoyance. There are times I just want to not talk to people and nothing is that important that you have to be in contact all the freaking time. But even to use a cell phone nowadays, there is apparaently a right time to call directly and a right time to text. I don't have the patience or desire to decode the rules. Its something I can do with out. But I do like having one when I'm on trips. I really feel sorry for the crack berry addicts.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-27-2008, 07:05 PM
In true old f@art-dom, I do not, nor will not, have a cell phone. I'll keep my telegraph and telegrams, thank you very much. :tired:

Phantom-like Menace
10-28-2008, 06:16 AM
There are times I just want to not talk to people and nothing is that important that you have to be in contact all the freaking time.

That's actually why I have a cellphone and no land line. I set my cellphone default ringer for silent, set the handful of people I ever want to speak to in life to ring, and as a result, I haven't spoken to anyone I don't know personally and/or want to speak to since 2002.

DarthNihilus
10-28-2008, 01:09 PM
I think the rates that the phone companies charge us for a text message is ridiculous. We need more reform in the wireless phone industry.

El Chuxter
10-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Do what I do: call or e-mail the provider and cut off all text messaging. I got a few "wrong number" texts and argued with the carrier that it wasn't fair for me to get charged for them when I don't use the feature and tell everyone I know to not text me, but was being charged for these text messages I didn't ask for and still don't know who they're from. They may not like it, and you may have to talk to a couple of people, but eventually they'll cut it off.

I think it's silly that people use outdated pager technology so widely anyway. I want my phone to be a phone, and don't need all the garbage. I've never been in a situation where I can't wait to get home to use the internet.

DarthQuack
10-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Jerks are a dime a dozen these days.