PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Please bring back Action Fleet

DarkArtist
10-28-2008, 12:17 PM
I for one would love to see Hasbro bring back the Action Fleet line with full force and have both vehicles and playsets from all forms of Star Wars (ie PT, OT,CW, EU etc) get the plastic treatment.

I think it's the right time for Hasbro to focus on this line with the recent success of the CW cartoon and the still popularity of the Star Wars license in general. What are your thoughts. I posted a question in the Questions Round-Up section and hope it gets enough votes to be asked at the next Hasbro Q&A.

I think if Hasbro was to redesign the line so that each wave consisted of 2 vehicles from each of the areas, PT,OT,CW & EU, there would be very few pegwarmers and fans wouold buy them for the chance to own perhaps some of the vehicles that Hasbro may never make for the 3 3/4 inch line. Also this wouold be a great way for fans to get some larger ships like Star Destroyers, Command Ships etc, as well as small scale playsets.

So what are your thoughts ? I have a list of wishes for this line but want to wait and see what the fan base has to say about the idea before posting the list.

JediTricks
10-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Action Fleet forever! Need this line back now! And minifigures are a must, people want so many ships to interact with figures that you're never gonna do, with AF you can.

bigbarada
10-29-2008, 07:09 PM
I would like to see the Action Fleet return, I was just starting to get into the line when it was cancelled back in 2002. I thought it would have been a great way to give us toys of vehicles that we will likely never see in the 3 3/4" line. The SPHA-T and Droid Control ships, for instance. These are vehicles that I like enough to spend $10-$15 on a small toy of, but don't like enough to spend $100-$150 on a massive toy that will take up an entire tabletop.

I never had much use for the minifigs, however, and don't really care one way or the other if they are included or not. In fact, sometimes I felt that the look of a vehicle suffered some because they needed to find a way to make the mini figs fit inside of them. The Y-Wing and the B-Wing are the prime examples of that for me.

Darth Duranium
10-29-2008, 07:55 PM
I would like to see the Action Fleet return, I was just starting to get into the line when it was cancelled back in 2002.

Same here... both sentiments. Took me a long time to find some of the rare ones cheaply... finally got the last one I wanted last year (Alpha Droid Fighter).

I felt that the look of a vehicle suffered some because they needed to find a way to make the mini figs fit inside of them. The Y-Wing and the B-Wing are the prime examples of that for me.

I didn't notice it as much with the fighters... the larger ships like the Tantive IV and Tyderium suffered even worse, IMO. The B-Wing was not an AF highlight, though.

I like the figures, too. I like to have a pilot in the cockpit, when possible. They're just kewl.

Yeah, it'd be nice to have AF back. Doesn't sound likely... sadly, Hasbro guns it down every time.

I'll probably pick up that Transformers Grievous fighter as a crap oversized AF substitute. No figures with them anymore either!

dr_evazan22
10-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Heck Yes!!!!!!!!

I stated before in the vehicle polls that I would like to see most of those made in the AF scale. I agree with BigB that there are a lot of ships and vehiclse that could do well that I would not buy in the 3.75 scale. While Hasbro has been making a bunch of vehicles in the Titanium line, the small scale severely limits the appropriate level of detail and deco. For this reason I've never collected Titanium or the older Micro Machines.

As for included fig's... I could take 'em or leave 'em.

Blue2th
10-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Here here! I want Action Fleet!

Sure would like to see all the new ships that we've seen in Star Wars since the last AF we got. Figures to go with that too.

Then re-issue a few that were extremely hard to get like the Landing Craft, Sith Infiltrator, Royal Starship, AAT Tank.

DarkArtist
10-29-2008, 11:49 PM
I figure if Hasbro was to give us 3 different classes of Action Fleet vehicles the lone could really work and not suffer from detail and size issues. the way i pictured it was like this.

Speeder Class - this is the small scale craft like Air Taxi's, landspeeders, speeder bike's etc

Starfighter Class - classic starfighters from the OT & PT (X-Wings, TIE's, Droid Starfighters, Jedi Starfighters etc )

Voyager Class - larger than the starfighters and more figures ( Millennium Falcon, Shuttles, etc)

Crusier Class - this would be for Star Destroyers, Rebel Crusiers, etc ( this might be also a very cool way to remake the Executor, Devastator, and Tantive IV)

then i figure they can give us some cool playsets similiar to the Micro Machine ones just bigger and better. i see maybe a Hoth set, the Death Star, Endor,Geonosis, Naboo (Theed), Tatoonie, Mustafar,

sergiurusu
10-30-2008, 09:42 AM
I started collecting SW with Action Fleet and MicroMachines. I went collecting higher end only after Action Fleet and MM were canceled, otherwise I would be still collecting these really cool ships, vehicles and playsets. My SW collecting revolves around AF and MM. Bring back Action Fleet!!

Darth Windu
10-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Meh. I don't mind AF, but really don't see what the fuss is all about. Personally I only bought a few, basically just the ones I REALLY liked as the centre-pieces of my MM/Titanium collections.

Slicker
10-30-2008, 01:55 PM
I remember buying almost every AF vehicle at TRU on clearance back in the day. I'm still in need of about 10 of them still.

I'd definitely be down for these to come back out. Don't jazz 'em up too much either. They've gotta have that old AF look and feel to 'em.

LTBasker
10-30-2008, 01:56 PM
I would like to see Action Fleet return as well, but I'm worried if it were to return any time soon, as I don't think they have moved far from the mistakes made with the last two attempts at AF (counting Ultra as the 2nd) lines. At times, it felt like they were trying to sabotage the lines from the start, so the way they see if AF can survive is if it continues on through peoples' willingness to buy it no matter what BS is going on.

Obviously, people didn't, and at times it seems as though they continue this test in the Titanium line. I mean, of course, the large number of repaints, most of which are horribly redundant or don't make sense at all ("Shadow" AT-AT?). People stick with the line through these repaints, so they continue on with a handful of new items, and a bushel of repaints. Of course, the much lower cost helps that.

Which is another area where Hasbro is horrid with Action Fleet. I don't know if it's entirely intentional, or if it's just the way they are, but Hasbro seemed truly horrible with coming up with cost-effective measures of making their AF lines. Obvously the vehicles themselves are quite a burden in general with their large size, and they nixed a key feature (the mini-figs), but the price was still horrible. I think a big part of that is the packaging; for some reason they have such a fascination with wasteful packaging. The Titanium line consistently reflects that ideal.

Ironically, their best packaging has always been short-lived. The Gunship/Jango Slave 1/Clone Assault Ship wave had packaging that awesomely showed off the ships, was more convenient in regards to stacking/storing, and was simple. But was abruptly canceled. Then, the launch of the Ultra line had some complex, but still stackable/storage friendly (aside from the fragile bubble), and showed off the ship well. This only lasted for two ships though, and then they changed the Ultra packaging to be huge, sharp-edged, extremely fragile (edges easily suspectible to wear, plastic Titanium logo could be easily crunched), difficult to store AND obviously expensive. Why?

In conclusion, if AF has a chance of coming back, I hope the people repsonsible for the above failures are fired or transferred beforehand.

DarkArtist
10-30-2008, 03:43 PM
i agree with alot of the comments and responses for the AF line I think Hasbro should rethink their stand on the issue and try another trial run starting with perhaps ship from the Clone Wars Cartoon as that is the current Star Wars plug at the time.

the reason i stated that they should have different scales of ships is so the fans don't run into the same problems as before with the ships like the Tantive IV should be much bigger than an X-Wing and the Falcon in turn should be larger then the starfighters etc.

as far as figures are concerned, i feel the mini figures were a cool feature to include with the ships and the ratio of the mini figures should be depending on the class it falls into. example would be the small speeder class and starfighter classes can include the pilot and droid (ie Luke & R2 for an X-Wing) - however for a more play like feature perhaps in addition to the starfighter you also get a technician and small transport vehicle increasing the play.

the larger ships, ie Star Destroyers etc should have the electronics in them, lights, sounds, dialogue etc, and include anywhere from 5 - 7 mini figures depending on the ship. (example would be the Twilight - include Anakin, Ashoka, R2, and maybe 2 or 3 clones and or battle droids for playability)

Action Fleet i think was a huge hit when they first introduced it and I think Hasbro should relook into how they can bring it back.

Jangu Fett
10-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Action Fleet is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the way Hasbro seems to be going. As stated before different size classes for different ships. Larger ships like the Imperial Star Destroyer, would rock, with opening panels to show the interior. And seperate rooms. Maybe even a Mini-Rig type ship, like the BMF Millennium Falcon. And if they do bring back the AF, AF Battle packs are also a must.

DarkArtist, I would love to see a large scale AF version of the Twilight. Maybe with a mini version of Anakins Jedi Fighter, to fit in the hold.

DarkArtist
10-31-2008, 02:45 PM
DarkArtist, I would love to see a large scale AF version of the Twilight. Maybe with a mini version of Anakins Jedi Fighter, to fit in the hold.

you read my mind Jangu, was thinking of something along the same lines myself in regards to the Twlight.

another thought crossing my mind was in regards to the Jedi Starfighters as to whether or not include the Hyperspace rings for the different ships. i mean it's possible to include the rings and just increase the price by a few bucks or bump them into a different class catagory.

and AF battle packs are definately a must as well, this would be similiar to the speeder catagory since that's how we got the landspeeders and speeder bikes in the first offerings of AF.

RobertDD
06-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I own every Action Fleet in existance, and I want the line to restart (actually, that's why I came her today, to see if it had without me knowing about it), but if it's going to be repaints: don't bother. I don't need another DV Tie fighter or X-Wing!

While not absolutely nescessary, I think the line would really benefit from the inclusion of figures, or at least the ability to pick up AF scale figures in a separate pack (does anyone know if the AF-sized figs from the transformers line were ever released separately)

I remember buying almost every AF vehicle at TRU on clearance back in the day. I'm still in need of about 10 of them still. Does that include the three button remote AT-at?

i agree with alot of the comments and responses for the AF line I think Hasbro should rethink their stand on the issue and try another trial run starting with perhaps ship from the Clone Wars Cartoon as that is the current Star Wars plug at the time.
I would prefer it if they stuck to the movies. I think a Death Star, an Imperial Star Destroyer and a Mon Calamari are the way to get started (come on: the molds have been made!)

There are some that made the case for more accurate scale. Star Wars ships will never be entirely accurate scale wise, because the difference is too much to handle. Even when reducing an X-wing to the size of a flee, the Super Star Destroyer would still not fit in the living room (let alone the Death Star) But I feel trying to get a better scale thing going is against what Action Fleet is. Action Fleet scale = True Size : 6". That makes the vehicles small enough to be playable, large enough for a figure to fit in, and large enough to get some nice detailing going.

Sadly, after all these years I fear it's highly unlikely we will ever see Action Fleet again... :cry:

Darth Duranium
06-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Sadly, after all these years I fear it's highly unlikely we will ever see Action Fleet again... :cry:

You said it... highly unlikely. I've got all of them too except the non-corded ATT and the 3 button AT-AT... but I'm not really looking for those 2 anyway.

The TF figures are a fair bit larger than the AF-scaled ones, from the few I have. BTW, they stopped putting figs in with the TF ships recently.

I think the SW TF line's days are numbered, unless the new flick reinvigorates the collector base. I see a lot hanging on the pegs these days, and very little in the way of new molds.

It seems that ships are popular with collectors but not the kids so much.

clone157
06-08-2009, 06:20 PM
I, too, am one of those who loved this line. I would love to see it return, but I know that if it does, and Hasbro is behind it, it would be horrible. Listen, I would love to see it happen, but look at two great toy lines Hasbro has picked up after proving to be a great line: Action Fleet and Marvel Legends. I feel that Hasbro is too big of a company with too much overhead to do certain lines correctly. I was hurt that the figs were cut down to one per ship when Hasbro took over, but we were still getting new ships. Then no figures, but still new molds. Then nothing. They can't justify the costs of tooling. We have to ask how many times a tool must be used to break down the costs per ship. How many times are enough? For many of us, we won't mind getting 6 X-wings if they have different numbers of stripes, but if we already have them, these new ones must have something that the others do not. I already have 3 Millennium Falcons. I don't need another. AND I WILL BE VERY UPSET IF I AM OFFERED ANOTHER VADER TIE FIGHTER (I bought it twice the first year when Galoob was gracious enough to say they messed up on the scale and "fixed"). Hasbro would need to find a new "poster" ship. Maybe the Jedi Starfighters?

sergiurusu
06-09-2009, 03:07 AM
I'm not collecting Prequels trilogy, just OT Imperials with a small exception: Action Fleet and MicroMachines. I'd buy Action Fleet Jedi Starfighters, SPHAT, Hailfire Droids etc. in a heartbeat.

cloneemperor
06-09-2009, 11:02 AM
If they were to produce Action Fleet again, no matter what they made, I would probably buy it. Sure I'd be disappointed if they chose to just release what they already have, but I'd still buy it. Why? Because I would want to prove to them that it will sell. I made that mistake before. I passed on the first wave in 2002 that consisted of previously released vehicles and then I never saw another wave. If they were to release Action Fleet again (I'm not deluded enough to think they will), I would buy everything I saw.

JediTricks
06-22-2009, 04:38 PM
For a while, Hasbro was treating SW Transformers as Action Fleet, and it kinda worked, but not well enough. Still, it was clear that they COULD do minifigs and vehicles again, they just don't want to. Very frustrating. They claim there's no market for it right now, and I fear they're right, but with prices going up and space getting smaller, it seems like micro is the way to go.

Blue2th
09-16-2009, 02:22 PM
I knew I had this AF Rebel Transport somewhere packed away. Found it. I just love this thing!
(You gotta kinda squint yer eyes)

"Good...our first catch of the day"

Blue2th
09-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Another one of my favorites the Action Fleet AT-TE with Titaniums in the background.

Obsession is Nute
09-16-2009, 03:16 PM
I am so glad to have caught this thread. I had a great love for AF! I thought them the ideal size for vehicles/ships, big enough you could actually play with them, but not so big that they consumed space.

However, I don't know if Hasbro could pull them off again at the right price. Basic figures and Titaniums are between $7-8 and regular vehicles are $20-30. With as much complaining that Hasbro does about "the costs of retooling" and materials and whatnot, I don't see how they could produce a profitable mid-sized vehicle between $9-$19. Even then, it would probably have to be closer to $15.00 as the difference in size between the AF and regular vehicles boxes is so considerable, it makes you feel like you are getting a lot less toy for your money.

clone157
09-16-2009, 03:42 PM
I knew I had this AF Rebel Transport somewhere packed away. Found it. I just love this thing!

That is one of the best pieces, IMHO. The next coolest has to be the Star Destroyer.

Darth Duranium
09-16-2009, 04:43 PM

Better keep that Ion Cannon firing! It's a cool ship! Nice pics, Blue.

It always bugged me that Leia said "Now man your ships and good luck" instead of "May The Force Be With You".

I remember the AT-TE wave as being one of Hasbro's last... took some scrambling to get them at the time. It's a great mould, ain't it?

I've gotta agree with Obsession... I think that we won't see the AF again. Hasbro says it's a "dead play pattern" for the kids.

Whatever, Hasbro.:upset:

Blue2th
09-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks DT. Yeah dead, but we can sure have fun with it. I've been finding all kinds of sets I haven't opened yet.
I think some of the head sets are kinda cheezy, but I'll bet there's parts and figures in there to do some crazy mix and match with.

I found that Star Destroyer too C157, and the Blockade Runner. They are the Collector Fleet so no action features.

I got the Ice Planet Hoth somewhere, so I need to dig that out. I think it's got an Ion Cannon in it.

Have two of those AT-TE's and I just love them. Found my one Acclamator (should have bought several of those, they're pricey now)

I'm liking to mix up the Action Fleet in the foreground and Titanium in the background depending on size or scale in forced perspective the different sizes work together in a display or photos.

cloneemperor
09-17-2009, 02:20 AM
Yeah, Hoth has an Ion cannon, but I wasn't incredibly impressed with that set.

RobertDD
09-17-2009, 10:33 AM

There never was an AF Rebel Transport, was there? I do know of the big Micro Machine one (I believe it was a playset). Is that what you are talking about?

Blue2th
09-17-2009, 07:59 PM
There never was an AF Rebel Transport, was there? I do know of the big Micro Machine one (I believe it was a playset). Is that what you are talking about?

You're right. I just looked at the box. I'm not the sharpest tool in the SSG tool shed. :neutral:

Guess this means I'm going to have to start a new thread called "Action Fleet Micromachines Titanium Fun" when I get more pics up! :yes:

Darth Duranium
09-18-2009, 04:28 PM
I've got the lame-o Action Fleet Star Destroyer... kinda fat and chunky, methinks.

The Collector Fleet ISD and Tantive IV were both great... I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a SSD prototype that I saw on eBay last year. It was even nicer than the regular version but I didn't have the extra cash at the time.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=639447&postcount=1

BTW Blue, I love yer pics ...it's cool to see them ships in action.

cloneemperor
09-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Are you saying you actually have the unproduced Action Fleet ISD? Or are you just talking about the Transforming Action Set Star Destroyer/Space Fortress? If you have the unproduced ISD, I'd be really impressed!

Darth Duranium
09-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Are you saying you actually have the unproduced Action Fleet ISD? Or are you just talking about the Transforming Action Set Star Destroyer/Space Fortress? If you have the unproduced ISD, I'd be really impressed!

I'd be impressed, too!
But no... sadly... I mean I've got the action set ISD... the tubby one. Was that considered AF or was it called MM? I forget.

I mounted the old diecast Kenner ISD on an AF stand... that's what I use as an AF ISD!

Blue2th
09-20-2009, 10:43 PM
I'd be impressed, too!
But no... sadly... I mean I've got the action set ISD... the tubby one. Was that considered AF or was it called MM? I forget.

I haven't seen that one. I got the Collector Fleet one. I haven't even pulled my CF ISD out of it's box yet.
Is it most impressive?
I wasn't too thrilled with the CF Blockade Runner, but I guess it's ok.

Going through all my Action Fleets, I got some gaps.
I need to get:

Blockade Runner
Imperial Troop Transport (I really want this)
Virago
Rancor

I don't have the Sith Infiltrator either, and I want the Alpha. That's probably not going to happen though. :cry:

cloneemperor
09-21-2009, 12:09 AM
That ISD was Micro Machines.

I managed to get the Alpha Sith Infiltrator for under $50 on eBay. All it took was a little patience and a lot of time on eBay.

Darth Duranium
09-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Yep Cloneemp, it's an MM, not an AF... sorry, false alarm! :D(1st pic below) Which AF took you the longest to find? For me it was the Alpha Droid Fighter.

Blue, I've got the CF ISD but I skipped the CF Tantive because I have the big Mustafar one (pics). Anybody got both and wants to post a side-by-side? Gotta say that the CF one looks nicer to me, but it didn't come with a Theta shuttle. Why are you underwhelmed by it? :)

I didn't collect the AF playsets ...just stuck to the ships and the battle packs where there's mounted figures or a vehicle. The only AF ships I missed were:
- TF Tank without the cord... I just bought the not-very-RC one and chopped the cord
- Mars Guo Podracer (still interested - I totally forgot about it!)
- Predator ship (slim chance now:( Cheaper to make one out of gold)
- Rancor - got a better WOTC one with a rider
The ones you need are all cheap, Blue.:thumbsup:.. and I think AF prices have dropped, but I haven't been watching them on eBay for ages.

Question for youze guys: I was just looking at some AF Theed Playset pics and I just realised there's a Nute Gunray in a Mechnochair in that set. Does it come with a "Battle-damaged Flash Speeder" (back of box) or can I get away with getting the Mini Scenes #6 one? Both are pretty cheap, I'd think.

Damn, those Galoob playsets have a lot of fun features... I was looking at the Slave I playset and I've already got a Double Takes DS. Clever design. Wish I was a kid!

cloneemperor
09-21-2009, 04:59 AM
The "Battle-Damaged Flash Speeder" is part of the base of the playset. I didn't look closely enough to see if it could be chiseled off, but my money is with it staying on the base.

The Nute Gunray Mechnochair is different in each of those two sets. In the Mini-Scene, Nute is a poseable figure that can sit on the chair, while the playset has a non-poseable figure that is glued to the chair.

I have detailed photos of both of those sets on my site, here:

Throne Room Reception Mini Scene (http://www.miniempire.ca/index.php?page=detail&cat=fleet&type=mns&item=107)
Theed Palace Playset (http://www.miniempire.ca/index.php?page=detail&cat=fleet&type=pls&item=50)

Darth Duranium
09-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the info and pics, Cloneemp... extremely helpful. BTW, great pics on your site... you've put a lot of work into it and it shows. :thumbsup:

I just searched eBay for that Theed set (I like the seated Gunray a little better) but it seems to be rare... only 1 on there... for $75! A bit steep for 1 microfigure, methinks.:cross-eye. Yeah, that speeder looks like it's attached pretty good.... shame 'bout that.
Looks like I'm gittin' the other one! Might pick up that STAP minifig set, too.

Obsession is Nute
09-21-2009, 11:43 PM
I picked up that scene with Nute at Celebration III. It is a great set ($75 sounds a bit steep). An excellent addition to my Nute Gunray Shrine!

cloneemperor
09-22-2009, 02:47 AM
The Theed Palace and Otoh Gunga playsets were in the second wave of Action Fleet playsets and were quite a bit more rare than the other sets. I have to say that the Otoh Gunga set is my favorite of the four standard sets though, I thought it had more play value than the other ones. I must have a lot of time on my hands when it comes to eBay, because I have got a lot of rare items for a lot less than I've seen them go before. I got the JC Penney set with the X-Ray Shuttle for less than $20, I don't think I spent more than $15 each on the rare Episode 1 Action Fleet play sets, and I have obtained most of the rare Episode 1 Action Fleet vehicle sets and Series Alpha for under $50.

Thanks for the comments about my site. I have spent a lot of work on it through all it's different iterations (third one in this location). I've had some downtime lately, thanks to the death of my previous computer, but now I have access again to keep adding to it. Just need to finish rebuilding my music database first, and then I'm good to go.

Blue2th
09-22-2009, 10:00 AM
I'll bet that Theta Shuttle is rarer and worth more than the rest of the set there DH.
I like the CF Tantive, but other than the weathered paint the detail is not as good as I expected.

I went through that computer death once Cloneemp. Not fun. Hope you saved everything on backup.

Nice site, I bookmarked it.

Those Ota Gunga sets are pricey. Wish I'd have gotten one. Along with the Naboo Hangar.
Most are on ebay as "buy it now" and are way over priced, but occasionally someone is selling stuff in auction style and they don't go as high. Just gotta keep watching.

cloneemperor
09-22-2009, 11:34 AM
I was lucky enough I guess. My computer just stopped powering on but all the data was still there on my hard drive, so it was a simple matter to just copy everything over to my new computer. My problems came in software settings that I lost.

Darth Metalmute
09-22-2009, 04:01 PM
I got the second Action Fleet wave a few years ago on ebay. I paid waaay to much for them. I was lucky, all the action fleet vehicles made it to my Toys R Us. I even have the vaunted collector's fleet Super Star Destroyer. I can't believe I didn't buy KB's out. They had a ton when I got mine.

Darth Duranium
09-22-2009, 07:50 PM
I even have the vaunted collector's fleet Super Star Destroyer. I can't believe I didn't buy KB's out. They had a ton when I got mine.

That statement makes me want to cry. :cry:

Wish I'd had the opportunity to buy one at non-extortionate pricing!

C'est la guerre.

BTW Cloneemp, I'm glad your site's there... since Sicqnus' site went away there's been very little out there. It's a shame that Hasbro's Canadian distribution is so sketchy... it's a real challenge to collect up here, eh? HTS now ships up here but they slap a $20 fee on top of the regular charges... that will ensure it's a failure, IMO.

Darth Metalmute
09-22-2009, 09:01 PM
That statement makes me want to cry. :cry:

Wish I'd had the opportunity to buy one at non-extortionate pricing!

C'est la guerre.

It was right before KB stores went out of buisness in our area. I picked it up the week before. They had about 10 of them on their top storage shelf. I found out how rare they were and went back the next week. The store was closed without warning. I'm started beating myself up a few years ago when I found out how much they were going for on ebay. Only store I ever saw it at.

Blue2th
09-22-2009, 09:44 PM
I bought both my Collector Fleet ISD and Tantive at KB's on clearance. Never saw the SSD though. :ermm:

sergiurusu
09-23-2009, 01:37 PM
I was able to get Action Fleet Otoh Gunga and Theed Palace playsets for under retail in my own country about 3 years ago. I even had extras of each and gave for free to some friends here and on RS. These were the only Action Fleet items (excepting the Micro Invisible Hand playset) that were available here in stores...

As for the AF collection I think I have all the ones that I need (excepting protos and 3 buttons AT-AT), as for the MM I still miss a few non SW items like Predator head playset and the military playsets. In MM I was never interested in the figure sets but only the playsets which are great for the AF figures and ships.

I'm also missing the Collector Fleet Super Star Destroyer but waiting for eFX to make one in their new Precision Cast Replicas line - thus it could be more accurate and go for just $200.