PDA

View Full Version : Was Yoda acting or ....

stillakid
10-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Was Yoda acting on Dagobah (ESB) or was he really a little loopy after spending so much time alone?

In his initial encounter with Luke, Yoda "acts" like a very disturbed little gnome. But after seeing it again with the Prequel Yoda in mind, the ESB Yoda does come off as a bit loopier than he should be, even if he is acting.

I go back and forth on this. Of course he's trying to fool Luke to test the kid... but then again, spending that long alone on that slimy mudhole without TV or PlayYodas Magazine could drive a little elf crazy. Vader had his own problems, but at least he had TV. Yoda had a little hut and a ghost to talk to.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-30-2008, 01:38 AM
I think most of it was acting. We see how much he changed the moment Luke blew up. He went from goofy to serious just like that.

Still, I imagine the years might have taken a little bit of a toll on him. But, we see that playful, humorous side of him in the prequels and in the Clone Wars. "Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing."

El Chuxter
10-30-2008, 08:33 AM
No. That was the real Yoda. He was acting like a douchenozzle in the prequels.

JediTricks
11-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Yoda before he reveals his identity is mainly an act, a test to see how Luke will respond to things he's not expecting, how much patience and kindness and what temperament Luke has. After Yoda lets Luke in on the joke, he doesn't remain that way - he's a little impish, even in ROTJ, but nowhere near that level. Still, I like to think Yoda's act is largely him having fun, so in a way it is really him, just him knowing when to loosen up and how to use that to his advantage.

2-1B
11-03-2008, 09:28 PM
He learned such playfulness from Tarrful (who was arrful).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-03-2008, 10:34 PM
We've seen that he's not always completely serious since then - the "900 years old" comment in ROTJ, the "lost a planet" joke in AOTC, the laughter in Ambush, and so on. So while he does have a sense of humor, I think he was just trying to test Luke's patience, but he was indeed having a little fun with it.

Now that I think about it, he was a little impatient in calling Luke impatient . . . hmm . . . ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Now that I think about it, he was a little impatient in calling Luke impatient . . . hmm . . . ;)Actually, it was "the boy has no patience." It'd be more like "unpatient," then. Yoda was the imp-atient one. Get it? Heehehehehehehe... :yodaloopy:

I figure, Yoda had been so long away from sniffing out anyone's midichlorian count, that he was just hopped up on Luke's scent. :tired:

Mad Slanted Powers
11-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Maybe he meant patients.

Jargo
11-12-2008, 07:17 PM
It's A Puppet!!!!!!!!

Mad Slanted Powers
11-12-2008, 07:40 PM
It's A Puppet!!!!!!!!Yoda, a puppet of the Empire?!!!

sith_killer_99
11-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I think it's meant to keep you guessing.:thumbsup: