PDA

View Full Version : Queensryche: American Soldier - coming soon!

Tycho
10-31-2008, 03:18 AM
Early next year, Queensryche will unleash their new concept album, all about WAR!

Queensryche: American Soldier will deploy on a tour of combat duty all across America in the spring and then launch overseas during the summer!

Get ready to go to battle stations!

Darth Jax
10-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Lets hope it's better than Filter's Anthem for the Damned concept war album

El Chuxter
02-21-2009, 01:11 AM
I don't see an all-purpose Queensryche thread, just seven or so separate threads started by Tycho about different albums. :p

Is their recent covers album any good? I keep seeing it at Circuit City, and, now that they're at 50% off, I was thinking about grabbing it. Any input?

Tycho
02-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Some songs are OK. I'm not big on cover songs. I just picked out what I liked on iTunes - like Red Rain originally by Peter Gabriel.

They do Synchronicity by The Police, Welcome to the Machine by Pink Floyd, etc.

I always thought that the originals by the artists that first wrote and recorded them was the way to hear a song (though Metallica's cover of Bob Seger was awesome).

I really didn't care for how Queensryche did U2's Bullet the Blue Sky.

Honestly, some stuff is worth it, but you can snag that from iTunes, though I suppose if their CD is on sale, it all might work out the same.

Geoff Tate has an amazing voice, all things considered.

I have tickets, post-concert party passes to meet the band, pre-concert party tickets to meet the band, and road trips with friends and a date for one of the American Soldier concerts I'm holding tickets for. I bought on faith hoping the album will be really good. Queensryche has never disappointed - so with reflection on that - yeah go ahead and buy Take Cover (on sale) as you'll find some songs you'll like.

2-1B
02-21-2009, 01:17 PM
I have it, it's ok. Nothing great.

Blue2th
02-21-2009, 02:36 PM
They do Synchronicity by The Police

Synchronicity I or II?

I love II. It's so science fiction, scary.

I used to like to play it going home from work (in San Diego btw) the traffic reminded me of "packed like Lemmings into shiny metal boxes, contestants in a suicidal race"
And all the crap I took from my boss that day kinda fit. I was waiting for "somewhere something had to break."

I wore that tape out (we didn't HAVE cd's! lol)

Tycho
02-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Synchronicity II

Tycho
03-25-2009, 11:26 PM
You can now listen to Queensryche's entire new album (http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/queensryche/2397012/album.jhtml) dedicated to our troops in harm's way at VH1.com by using the link above.

It's awesome. It does not rock as hard as Mindcrime, though some songs do.

It's for the troops, with words and interviews by the troops.

It is a concept album that takes you from boot camp, through deployment, into the fire zone, dealing with the loss of buddies in arms, to being personally wounded, to coming home, post-traumatic stress, and the effects upon the families of the soldiers who are deployed including wives, children, and parents.

The album is not political but "written" in the soldiers', Marines', medics', and pilots' own words. Plus the words of the family members left behind as their loved one goes off to war. Geoff Tate's 12 year old daughter Emily even sings the child's lyrics - and she's been prepared for this quite well (she'll be touring with the band). A US Navy SEAL also performs on the first song on the album, "Sliver," and he is on leave from the military to tour with the band for at least their American leg of the show.

Tycho
04-04-2009, 07:09 AM
So I met the entire band and saw a free performance at Best Buy in Thousand Oaks on Thursday night!

It was awesome! I'm so glad I went. Pictures from this promo will be posted soon.

I also got BobaFrett the new CD completely signed by the entire band and I told them about Barry's heroic effort on my behalf and shared with them a newspaper article about Barry's generous donation. In one photograph, bass guitarist Eddie Jackson (Ed Bass) is reading the article with our own BobaFrett's picture front and center in it (posed with his stormtrooper helmet of course).

I have so much more to say about this, but it's 4 in the morning my time right now. I've got to go back to sleep.

Tycho
04-09-2009, 10:42 PM
BobaFrett found this link to "Eyes of a Stranger" live, played accoustically at the very promo-show I attended in a BestBuy store in Thousand Oaks, Calif.

Watch this! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3JKD3q5GzI)

Tycho
04-24-2009, 03:41 AM
2 concerts in a row, tonight, last night....I'm exhausted but still too excited to go to bed!!!

I went to the pre-concert party last night and got passes to stay after the show and hang out and party with the band - just the nicest, coolest guys who ever became big rock stars.

Tonight, Queensryche's setlist was different from last night's. Now I've heard the entire Rage for Order, American Soldier (new), and Empire albums performed live - every darn song. They play for 2 1/2 hours straight. There's so much Queensryche - there's no time for an opening act or anything. There's guest performers, and a full military dress uniform ensamble (Marine Corps and US Navy) that brings everyone to their feet with the Navy SEALS taking the lead.

The shows have been awesome. I went for the tickets as quickly as possible and sat in balcony seats, dead center for both shows. I've been having an awesome time!

Pictures will go up soon in the Post a Picture of Yourself thread in Gen. Disc.

Tycho
09-25-2009, 02:38 AM
I just got invited to the post-concert party with the band for Saturday night! Yes!

New pics coming soon!