PDA

View Full Version : Hologram on election night

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2008, 05:40 PM
CNN (http://www.infowars.com/?p=5668) will be having an Obama campaign strategist appear via hologram. Hmm, this could look pretty cool if it works out. But it kind of seems even more unnecessary than their giant electoral map. lol

pbarnard
10-31-2008, 05:58 PM
If the hologram bounces Michigan, I'll switch over from NBC (network). I just think the nostalgia factor of having Tom Brokaw one more time due to Russert's death will work out in their favor.

LTBasker
10-31-2008, 06:54 PM
I heard they tried this at the White House, but had to uninstall everything soon after due to Cheney constantly shooting at the large floating heads. He continues to claim that he was under the impression he was shooting at the rare monkey-faced dodo bird - latin name; Duncius Dubyaius.

DarthQuack
11-01-2008, 03:42 PM
This could be the only reason why I tune in.

JediTricks
11-04-2008, 10:41 PM
So, I caught a vid on their website of it, it's BS, not at all a hologram from what I can tell, just more on-screen graphics tricks, it's silly. And they put them in a blue halo, poor woman who was talking to Blitzer from her holo-tent had that blue border making her butt look big.

Now there's another one on, it's Will. I. Am talking to Andy Cooper. I'm watching it on TV, and it's got the liney stuff, I suspect this is a little faked, that CNN is making it look more like a holo than it really does, that they're CG'ing phony holo effects into it.

Also, Cooper was working hard on his eyeline, my guess is he's not seeing anything other than a red disk on the floor.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah, it looks quite ridiculous and pointless. I don't think it's an on-screen trick, as right now Anderson Cooper is talking to will.i.am for some unknown reason via hologram and they spent a few seconds talking about how it looks like Star Wars or Star Trek. Because there's NOTHING else to talk about tonight. ;)

But, it could just be a trick, I don't know. Either way, it looks bad.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-04-2008, 10:50 PM
the SW nerd in me thinks this is awesome. Oddly done and a trick, but awesome.

I want somebody to say, "help me anderson cooper, you're my only hope."

Frankly, i'd say something like, "help me Soledad o' brien, you're my only hope!" :love::love:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2008, 10:51 PM
If I had a hologram of Soledad O'Brien here, I wouldn't do much talking.

LTBasker
11-04-2008, 10:52 PM
She also looked stretched sideways in some angles, pretty badly done. But yeah, I was expecting some sort of 3D projection since there have been some advances in that field, just none that are practical so far. I hoped maybe someone got it to a point where it was almost practical, just too expensive for anyone without a major financial backing. I'm insulted by their lies.

JediTricks
11-04-2008, 11:31 PM
What's funny is the peanut gallery on their set applauded like it really was there. I'd love to be wrong, that they really had a hologram instead of a camera trick going, but I suspect that's not the case.

But I guess whatever it takes to get people to watch, eh?

LTBasker
11-05-2008, 01:02 AM
I assume they either had a giant screen set up for the audience, and/or they had applause lights to signal them. Either way, I don't think it's a mystery if it was a trick or not, they actually did a non-hyped test of it a couple hours beforehand. They had a virtual version of the Capitol building appear on a tabletop, but they noted that they couldn't see it in person, it could only be seen on screen. It was the same quality as the "hologram," so I think it's just them being either too ignorant as to what a hologram truly would be, or they couldn't think of a better term to entice people with.