PDA

View Full Version : I Am Evil

Tycho
10-31-2008, 09:58 PM
I am evil. How do I know this? I came to this conclusion as I was reading a Superman book by Kevin J. Anderson, "The Last Days of Krypton." It's about life on Krypton before the disaster that blew the planet apart.

Naturally, one featured character is General Zod.

First he was Commissioner Zod. He was in charge of approving of or destroying all the new inventions on Krypton, so as to protect the public from dangerous technologies.

Zod's father had been the High Council's leader prior to Jul-Us, the last High Council Leader before the planet exploded. Zod assumed that since he trained to be qualified, and had done service to his entire planet, that he'd be appointed to the Council to fill the vacancy left behind when his father died.

But someone else bribed the High Councilors and that person got the seat in the government instead. Zod got appointed the New Technologies Commissioner instead - as a councilation prize. It was meant to be meaningless, but Zod used his position to hide away weapons of mass destruction and the portal to the Phantom Zone amongst other things. He quietly waited for when the time would be ripe for revenge.

You could say that circumstances helped make him. Political corruption changed the course he'd set for his life, and he altered his plans in response to it.

I would have done the exact same thing. So here Zod might have been "the good guy," but life changed him. And I completely understand that. I would even argue that Zod is not evil. He seeks justice. Is he? Does he?

Am I evil?

Droid
11-02-2008, 09:50 PM
I knew you'd love that book.