PDA

View Full Version : Johann Krauss (Hellboy 2) 3.75" Review

Engineernerd
11-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Good evening Kiddies!

This week I'm checking out the other small scale Hellboy 2 figure I've been able to get my hands on, Johann Krauss. Well, it's not some much a figure of Krauss as his environmental suit, but you get the idea. Check out the spirit suit here:

http://www.tvandfilmtoys.com/reviews/krauss_375.asp

Enjoy!
Engineernerd

JediTricks
11-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the review, I hadn't seen this one in person yet, but it looks great. The movie version does have less grime, but a general feeling of age which I think this figure carries through smartly via the weathering deco. The helmet is spot-on too.

Engineernerd
11-04-2008, 08:08 PM
There's one thing I meant to mention in my review that would have been super cool. That's the smashed dome that the larger version had.

I can deal with a "dirty" version of him cause the look suits him. The thing that's really cool about his weathering; it's consistent all over. Front back and everywhere. A clean variant down the road would be cool. If they were going to do another version down the road, or say a BPRD boxset, a clean one would be an option.

JediTricks
11-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Good call on the smashed dome, but at that point you could get away with a lot of smoke effects too, almost an entire other figure. :p

Engineernerd
11-06-2008, 05:31 AM
I was actually wondering if you could get some wispy stuff off of a cotton ball to put under the dome, just a bit to give the illusion of mist. Just don't know if I want to risk pulling the dome off.

JediTricks
11-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Not a bad idea. It'd have to be really fine cotton though. Might be worth a shot if you can spare the money for a replacement if it doesn't pay off.

Old Fossil
11-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Looks like you sold me on another figure, EN. I've got both Reds, bought Wink last week, and now I'm gonna grab Krauss next time I'm in TRU.

REALLY hoping Mezco will do Abe and the Prince soon.

Thanks (as always) for the great review!:thumbsup:

Old Fossil
12-21-2008, 07:47 PM
So I got Johann tonight, and it is indeed a wonderful 3.75" figure! My only gripe are the spirit tendrils -- they were very difficult for me to attach to his hands.

Engineernerd
12-23-2008, 04:48 PM
On the HB Golden Army DVD commentary, Del Toro mentions that theres a connection between Krauss and Kronen that might be explored if there's another film.

Now I want a Kronen, as well as an Abe. A uniformed Kronen would look great with the Indy stuff.