PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream that I scored a touchdown for the San Diego Chargers

Tycho
11-03-2008, 12:29 AM
The gist of it was that I received the kickoff for the Chargers, and then I ran 80 yards for a touchdown.

The devil's in the details. I met the star MVP for the other team, the Dirty Scumbags, in the hospital by the elevators.

He was a light-skinned black dude with messy, graying, braided dreadlocks. He was really good-natured and he was very nice. We talked for a few minutes about the different cities we'd each ridden on elevators in. Then he mentioned he'd be coming to my hometown of San Diego to play in an NFL game.

I didn't see the guy again until game day. The Dirty Scumbags were all there, holding the line against my Chargers, and the other team was all wearing my dirty laundry.

I had a position in the audience on the field level, behind the Chargers' endzone.

The dude I met in the hospital had just walked by when the teams switched sides at half-time and winked at me. Now it was time for the kickoff to start the 3rd quarter.

The ball was sailing down the field - towards ME! I was possessed, and I ran out onto the field and caught the ball at my San Diego Chargers' 20. Then I started hauling butt! The nice dude on the Dirty Scumbags must have given his knowing wink to his teammates, because their defense just seemed to purposely misjudge my moves down the field and let me run the distance. I scored way too easily against a professional NFL team like the Dirty Scumbags, but I didn't want to be ingratious towards someone who'd tried to give me this wonderful experience as a gift. I pretended it was all me and that only my superior skills as an arm-chair wide-receiver helped me get down the field and score against the Scumbags. Basically, I faked it being the happiest moment of my life.

I raised my arms in triumph. Needless to say, the Chargers were ecstatic. It's easy enough to feel sorry for them many a game, (especially when comparing 2006 and 2007's seasons) and for at least these last 80 yards, no one needed to pity them - at least not while I was carrying the ball down the field.

And so that was my dream. I woke up after the play I was in, so I don't know if the Chargers beat the Scumbags that game, or what. But it was nevertheless a good NFL dream.

Yes, it's definitely football season.

bobafrett
11-03-2008, 05:36 AM
Interesting, I wish I could remember the details of some of my dreams that vividly.

Darth Jax
11-03-2008, 07:27 AM
This season, the Chargers definitely found a way to lose at the close of the game. Probably better to wake up at that point then have to see that your contribution for the team was needless.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-03-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm sure several other SD Chargers players have had the same one, only to realize it was just a dream, as they have not scored as many TDs as they'd have hoped this season. Or at least ones that lead to victory. :sandiegosuperchargers:

JetsAndHeels
11-03-2008, 01:10 PM
It is pretty impressive that you scored a TD for them, when they are on a bye this week. :)

Tycho
11-03-2008, 02:39 PM
It is pretty impressive that you scored a TD for them, when they are on a bye this week. :)

Well, I've checked and that game that pitted the Chargers against the Dirty Scumbags wasn't listed on their official schedule.