PDA

View Full Version : Pics and Info about the new George A. Romero zombie film!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Links/pics are here (http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2008-10-30-romero-zombies_N.htm) and here (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14160).

Some info about the plot:

The pic involves inhabitants of an isolated island off the North American coast who find their relatives rising from the dead to eat their kin. The leaders of the island feud over whether or not to kill their reanimated relatives or preserve them in hopes of finding a cure. Read on for a look and watch for more news soon.

and:

The 2009 release, which is filming in and around Toronto, doesn't have a title yet. But it does have a concept. "It's about tribalism," says Romero about the story that unfolds on a small island a couple of weeks after the original outbreak in 1968's Night of the Living Dead. "There are two factions. It's the idea that even when faced with a crisis, tribal concerns about power control people's motives."

One side wants to kill off zombified loved ones before cannibalistic urges strike. The other would rather wait to see if there is a cure for such cravings. "They want to leave Grandma in the rocking chair for a while longer," he says. "It's not a good idea."

A few characters are reprised from 2007's Diary of the Dead. "Diary was like Night. It had a brooding personality," he says. This one is more like 1978's Dawn of the Dead, "with a lot of action."

Some things never change. Romero's zombies retain their signature lumbering gait. A shot in the head remains the best way to halt the fiends. And the script reflects today's headlines.

"It's this whole idea of tribalism, that we can't pull it together," he says. "News reports about the presidential race still bring up religious topics or racism. That's pretty much the central theme."

Let's hope it's an improvement of DIARY. I liked it, but the constant narration got tiresome, like Romero kept trying to drive his point home. I can figure things out on my own, George. :thumbsup:

2-1B
11-03-2008, 09:25 PM
I want to see Sarah and John on the island. :cool: