PDA

View Full Version : Who here does NOT pick their nose?

Tycho
11-03-2008, 12:50 PM
We do it in private - hopefully. When we think no one can see us. However, many times, if we are stuck in traffic, we don't think anyone else is looking through our windows, and we mine for gold.

We do it at restaurants - when our date leaves to go to the ladies' room - probably to pick her nose - and we uncover the lost boogar of doom.

We do it in bed. When we think everyone else is asleep and once we get the goods, we flick them across the room and judge how silent the night is based on how loudly we can hear the landing (and of course we tell ourselves we'll vacuum in the morning).

But can anyone actually say they never pick their nose?

Blue2th
11-03-2008, 01:47 PM
What I want to know is if they pick it aggressively, even grab a hair or two that's hanging down and yank on it causing tears, even sneezing a couple of times.
I guess that would qualify as picking.

JEDIpartner
11-03-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm an obtrusive hair ripper myself. LOL

Tycho
11-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Do you all own electric nose hair trimmers?

ConAir makes one. You ram it up each nostril and it chops your hair so that you can look good even at the angle that your dentist sees you.

Then you have to blow your nose when you're done and all the little shavings launch out of your nostrils.

I like to imagine they're minature Mouse Droids evacuating the doomed Death Star.

Blue2th
11-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Do you all own electric nose hair trimmers?

ConAir makes one. You ram it up each nostril and it chops your hair so that you can look good even at the angle that your dentist sees you.

Then you have to blow your nose when you're done and all the little shavings launch out of your nostrils.

I like to imagine they're minature Mouse Droids evacuating the doomed Death Star.

Yeah, I bought one, but I remember when I had a runny nose and got a few I missed. I don't know what I hated more, the tickle of a hair in there or yanking it out with a sharp sneezing pain.

Sometimes you just gotta dig out the crusty ones.
My buddy and I have this little song (think of Kenny Rogers) "You never count your flickins' when you're sittin' there a pickin', there'll be time enough for flickin' when the pickins' done"

Or my favorite when I have a cold or allergies and no one is looking.. "whadaya gonna pic?... snot rockets" (hot pockets)

Yup, sick booger humor since forever.

pbarnard
11-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Everty third grader knows boogers taste better than brocoli. Have you ever seen a 3rd grader eat brocoli?

bobafrett
11-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I have an electric nose trimmer, and the older I get the more nose hairs I see growing south out my nose holes. Once in awhile, I'm at work, and I notice a nose hair sticking out like a tusk. I pinch it between thumb and forefinger and give it a yank. It stings a little, but better to get it out, than to have a customer notice it waving at them as I breathe.

Tycho, you continue to amaze me with your choice of gross subject matter. Though I cannot deny to have taken to picking my nose. Sometimes when I am snuggling with my wife as she rests her head on my chest.

Slicker
11-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Of late I've had my snot locker filled to the brim almost every hour so I've been picking like mad! It's great too because it's both those big monster ones and the ones that are like a sheet on the inside of your nose and you pick it out and it looks like a butterfly wing sitting on the tip of your finger.

TeeEye7
11-03-2008, 10:23 PM
I was born with this nose. I wasn't given the option to pick it. :p

jediguy
11-03-2008, 10:27 PM
you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends' nose

Tycho
11-04-2008, 10:46 AM
and the ones that are like a sheet on the inside of your nose and you pick it out and it looks like a butterfly wing sitting on the tip of your finger.

Oh, I like those. I save mine for a little while, seeing if they change color after several hours. The bloody ones turn from reddish to yellow.

The really clear ones are interesting too - because they seem to have cells in them, like maybe how skin develops and grows.

mtriv73
11-05-2008, 01:36 PM
The worst part of my job is I can't pick my nose while I'm back in the lab (that whole potential of HIV on the gloves thing is really good for making you think twice.) Consequently, I pick my nose almost the entire drive home to make up for lost time.

pbarnard
11-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Oh, I like those. I save mine for a little while, seeing if they change color after several hours. The bloody ones turn from reddish to yellow.

The really clear ones are interesting too - because they seem to have cells in them, like maybe how skin develops and grows.

The "cells" that are live would be generated more to the top of the nose. Damn man, that's deep.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-05-2008, 07:06 PM
You know, jediguy, I was trying to remember that line the other day. What an odd coincidence.

I cannot post in this thread, as I do do what the title asks if I do not. Not where/when others can see. But it's a necessary evil. I remember a joke my 7th grade science teacher told: "What do you find inside a clean nose? Fingerprints."