PDA

View Full Version : Evolutions: Fett Legacy... new variations?

KryssPteska
11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I came across 3 of the white-box repack at Toys-R-Us the other day- 2 had Fett without chest logo, the other had it with. I figured it was worth asking about- has anyone else come across these? Obviously seeing 2 no-logo Fetts makes me think the chest logo version is a harder find, but I've also been reading that Hasbro announced a correction (and this seems to be it). Anyone have input on these variations? Thanks!

DarkJedi5
11-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Well I bought the set when it first came out, before Hasbro announced the corrections. Obviously the one with the chest tampo is more accurate but I'm not really willing to shell out another $25 for the corrected version. I'm sure that Hasbro will rerelease it at some point and I'll get one then. Lord knows I don't need another purple Jango.

KryssPteska
11-04-2008, 03:06 PM
haha Jango is fairly purple, isn't he

Umbra
11-05-2008, 01:02 AM
While i would like to get a mandalore, and do want a new Jango, its the purpleness that has prevented me from buying this pack

KryssPteska
11-15-2008, 09:24 AM
so consensus would be that fett legacy (white package) with fett chest logo is the one to open and make desk toys? (vs non logo on chest)

DarkJedi5
11-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Well if I had it to do over, yeah, I would have bought the newer one (or at least made sure it had the tampo on the chest). I would like a new Boba with the tampo but I'm not going to buy this evo set again just for that one figure. In the end, if you're also talking about buying/keeping the other incorrect version cause it might be worth something someday, I wouldn't bother. I think by the end of the run it's not going to be worth all that much.

bigbarada
11-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Well if I had it to do over, yeah, I would have bought the newer one (or at least made sure it had the tampo on the chest). I would like a new Boba with the tampo but I'm not going to buy this evo set again just for that one figure. In the end, if you're also talking about buying/keeping the other incorrect version cause it might be worth something someday, I wouldn't bother. I think by the end of the run it's not going to be worth all that much.

I agree, in general it seems that most variations these days only command higher values within the first few weeks after release. After that, interest dies down quickly because there's just so much stuff coming out and everyone is focused on newer toys.

However, Boba Fett fans seem to be a completely separate breed of Star Wars fans, so who really knows?

KryssPteska
11-15-2008, 12:57 PM
oh it's not that I expect some great value from hanging onto it, believe me I don't, especially given the drop of value on original collectibles since the flood of stuff over the last few years. Some part of the collector in me just wants to hangon to one, as one of a few select items I like enough to just keep in tact... so I guess I am sorta answering my own question in a way. Since neither is likely to be worth much as a collectible, and I probably wouldn't sell if it was, I guess it's more personal preference :)

Haha, so from that standpoint, I still can't figure out which I want to adorn my desk with :P Any votes?

DarkJedi5
11-15-2008, 01:30 PM
I would vote for the corrected version.

JetsAndHeels
11-15-2008, 01:49 PM
However, Boba Fett fans seem to be a completely separate breed of Star Wars fans, so who really knows?

Hey, hey...you are entering dangerous territory there my friend. :)